October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Probably boring as hell to everyone, unless you work in the trades, but I want to Share anyway!

We textured sheet rock, painted interior walls and installed cabinets this week. We also built a small entrance porch that I forgot get a picture of.

MY JERB, the only thing I do besides forum RP.

The Garage, freshly installed hot water heater and garage doors that you can't really see.

View attachment 7977

Garage entrance, looking towards the north end of the house.

View attachment 7978

Pop out windows and back door.
View attachment 7979

CABINETRY. These things take a lot longer to install than I expected.

View attachment 7980

Vaulted ceiling. Lights, fireplace and back hallway.

View attachment 7981

My Pop out! That's what we call it cause I hated building it so much. Those angles were a bitch from the ground up.

View attachment 7982

And finally, the reason this house is amazing. The view. This is out the pop out window, looking south.

View attachment 7983

Haha, totally boring. No actually kinda cool. Can I live there? What a wonderful view to get to see every couple of weeks!

I really kinda hate those lights in the ceiling though. Not nearly as cool as a chandelier, plus how do you replace them??

I really kinda hate those lights in the ceiling though. Not nearly as cool as a chandelier, plus how do you replace them??

Gotta have a ladder to replace them, pain in the ass lights!

Assuming I win the lottery, I'm going to fly you and the people you work with to Michigan to build me a nice house.

I'll even throw a party for Iwaku when it's all done (so you better have vacation time accrued by then, because I'm not letting you leave otherwise)!

Alan, I'd drive to Michigan for an Iwaku party! Dooooo iiiiiittttt :D

I gotta get on that whole "winning the lottery" thing first. Of course, moving back to Michigan is always a good start.

Wow, I love the ceiling and the lights style! It's super cute.

Did you style the windows and door placings? Because I love how the sunlight comes in at great angles!

The pop-out is my favorite! I'd love to have a tiny room with a window like that~~~ :D

Wow... O.O

I can't believe you were able to build that. I have no skills when it comes to building stuff. Really awesome job Oct.

The view IS amazing, but it's really neat to think that of the work that goes into all of that stuff.
How long did this all take?

Did you style the windows and door placings? Because I love how the sunlight comes in at great angles!
Yes! The windows were placed specifically so that the setting sun would light the main living area in the evening. It is a custom design, but I really had nothing to do with it other than the construction.

The view IS amazing, but it's really neat to think that of the work that goes into all of that stuff.
How long did this all take?

This has been an on going project. Besides myself, only one other person has been working on it. This is about 2.5 years in the making, which isn't bad for two people on the weekends.

Wow, 2.5 years?

CONGRATULATIONS!

Is that what they say when you finish a project of that scale? Congratulations doesn't seem like the right word....

*thinking pose*

Hmmm..~~

Well, it's amazing! I agree with Kitti! I've never admired workmanship before because I've never known the person who put their heart into it.

It must be a great feeling to look at the final product ! :D

That's amazing! I love pop out windows like that and some day I want one for myself.

This must look beautiful when furnished and done:)

Woah, is this that job that you took some videos of to show me, when you were still putting the.... well.... ummm, frame work together? I guess?

Just you and one another guy?
Wooooooow. That's quite something, indeed.
Two and a half years is no small commitment, too.
Impressive. Sort of makes looking at houses more interesting to think of it that way too. XD

That's amazing! I know this might sound cheesy but... When you put your heart into something, it really shows! Be sure to update us with more pictures in the future. I have a good hunch it's going to be a gorgeous home ^.^

Woah, is this that job that you took some videos of to show me, when you were still putting the.... well.... ummm, frame work together? I guess?

The very same.

Are you gonna live there, October?

Are you gonna live there, October?

Yes, someday. I will kick out the occupants and claim it as my own!!