My Hero Academia - For What We Believe In

Oyasumi

Perverted Brushing of Teeth
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER

Boku_no_Hero_Academia_Logo.png

It has been ten years since the Symbol of Peace was defeated on live television for the whole world to see. Ever since then, countless new villains have rallied up to defy the heroes that once protected our society. While many old threats have grown stronger and more appear each day, the League of Villains remains suppressed. But now Heroes are needed now more than ever. U.A has opened it's doors to more students than any year before in a desperate effort to combat this growing threat, even producing a commercial to advertise themselves and encourage young and aspiring heroes to hone their quirks within their school grounds.

"So will it be you, who stands tall to protect those who cannot protect themselves? We human beings are blessed with the gift of choice. What will you choose, do you have the resolve to stand up​
For What You Believe In?"

[Rising Threats]
---

I think it'd be interesting if some of the students within our class could eventually blossom into some anti-heroes or villains. This may be a world of superheroes and villains, but there are still issues on every level that can effect students on a psychological level. While these characters wouldn't be treated like special snowflakes to our plot because they were taking the wrong path, Character Development is equally important for villains to be.

[No Longer Peaceful]
---

With the Symbol of Peace gone, many areas with a high concentration of heroes are in a constant state of high alert due to terrorist attacks enacted by villains. U.A itself has been targeted several times in the past and is targeted even more frequently in the recent years because of it's history and nature of pumping out promising heroes yearly. To counteract this, the teachers of U.A have decided to take their classes off the school grounds to get their students some hands experience.

[No Quirk Left Behind]

---
While the Entrance Exams for U.A still exist, there are now other means for soon-to-be heroes to be accepted into the school. If a candidate receives a written recommendation from three credible pro heroes, they are given the choice to participate in the Entrance Exams for extra credit or skip them completely, however it is extremely rare. Another new means to enter is the frowned upon "Trial By Fire" which involves an aspiring candidate defeating a hero in combat. Should a witness give credibility to a youth doing this, they are exempt from the Entrance Exams and are instead screened by teachers of U.A before being accepted into a class. The last new means is U.A Equal Heroes Assessment, a written test given to gifted young students with abilities that do not involve their Quirks in the least. These youths are tested on technical knowledge, practical skills, and unique abilities that if exemplary enough can assist in their venture as a Hero without the use of their Quirk. One such example is the Hero "Payload" who is recognized as one of the most skilled hackers in the world, along with his Quirk which increases his physical strength depending on the mineral he is holding allowed him to skyrocket at a youth to Pro Heroism.

Interested? Post a Character Sheet!
I'm looking for 4-5 people minimum before I throw up an OOC?
Curious about anything, or have any questions? PM me.

Feel free to format as you please~

*Appearance at the top* "No real pics please."
Name: "Real name, not your chuuni one."
Hero Name: "Chuuni as possible."
Personality: "Traits that briefly describe your character, players will learn the extent of how your character acts through your writing."
Bio: "Brief like your personality please, we don't need to know your life story because we can learn that through your character. Just tell us about your upbringing, short and sweet."
Quirk: "Quirks can literally be anything, but I'd recommend choosing something that can be improved overtime."
Equipment: "List anything your character might need for themselves, or to assist their quirk here."
Why do you want to be a hero?: "A paragraph explaining why your character would like to join U.A, simple enough."

images.jpg

Name: Drake Korashu

Hero Name: Revamp

Personality:

-Egocentric
-Quiet
-Competitive
-Sarcastic
-Easily Bored
-Blunt
-Loyal

Bio: Drake was brought up in a family of professional heroes who trained him from a young age to win no matter what. His quirk has helped him defeat most of his family in one on one but also gave him a large ego. His brothers and sisters grew jealous of him and always competed, eventually all turning against him and making him the loner he is today. He generally steers clear of others but when befriended he utterly loyal despite his ego.

Quirk: Adapt. Drakes quirk lets him modify his body to suit any situation, although there are limits to what he can do. He takes a minumum of 5 seconds to manipulate his body and can only hold said manipulation for an hour without further training.

Equipment: None

Why do you want to be a hero?: Because his family pushed him into it. He doesn't actually want to be a Hero but he likes the idea of the challenges U.A might provide him.

Last edited:
*Appearance at the top* "No real pics please."
Name: Drake Korashu

He sounds a little too OP for a student, especially with the taking on multiple pro heroes at once.

Definitely interested. Will work on a CS tomorrow as it's late.

He sounds a little too OP for a student, especially with the taking on multiple pro heroes at once.
I'll nerf him when i get a moment

6cbac512b39da739f5a87bc7fdd5f35d.png

Name: Takagi Sunemizuki

Hero Name: Tendril

Personality:
  • Cocky
  • Reserved
  • Unsympathetic
  • Driven

Bio: A product of growing up on the streets alone. It was there where Takagi acquired a not-so-heroic attitude and outlook, though believe it or not her personality improved drastically since her adoption by the hero Titan. Being raised and reeducated by one of the more popular modern heroes turned a definite villain in the making into more of a gritty hero to-be, or at the least some form of anti-hero. While perspective-wise she differs greatly from typical future heroes, she at the least possesses enough restraint so as to avoid crossing any lines, if only to avoid the trouble it would bring later.

Quirk: Keratin Manipulation. Takagi is capable of manipulating Keratin which is the structural protein that make up the nails, hair, surface of the skin, scales, horns, hooves and claws of animals. With this quirk, Takagi is capable of manipulating her hair in a prehensile manner or strengthening it, ergo the epithet "Tendril". She is as well capable of strengthening or sharpening her nails to act as claws and adjust the durability of the stratum corneum to enhance her defensive abilities.

Equipment: None

Why do you want to be a hero?:
Takagi's goals are not as noble or naive as other aspiring heroes. Simply put, she wants wealth and standing, things she couldn't even fathom before Titan came along. She as well was pushed by him to strive for a profession where she could use her quirk for good, but the sentiment of helping people just to help just isn't enough incentive for her on its own.

• Love
Reactions: Oyasumi
tumblr_nmx0l8O8Xs1t9x55so4_1280.jpg

Name: Leona Felix James

Hero Name: Mysteria

Personality:
♥ Blunt
♥ Clumsy
♥ Adventurous
♥ Hot-Headed
♥ Sarcastic
♥ Friendly
♥ Loyal
♥ Patient
♥ Compassionate

Bio: Leona lived a sad life. She was and only child so she was had no sibling to play with since at school she was an outcast. Her mother drank her life away, never really showing Leona love. A father figure in her life was absent, having left when she was still a new born. Leona never seemed to let her hardships get the better of her and always looked to the future. Even at school when no one would talk to her she looked on the bright side of things.

Her middle school years were hard on her. Kids started picking on her because her mother would show up at school drunk and cause a scene. Depression crept on her and soon she was in a whole of darkness. One day when her mother came to pick her up from school they got into a car crash. Leona's mother was for once not drunk but, the person who hit them was. The car hit them from behind and since Leona was in the back she got glass shards in her back. Her mother and her survived and the person who hit them paid for a new car.

High school came around and Leona was cutting her arms. The only people that worried about her was her teachers. They noticed the change in her mood and constantly asked if she was okay. Leona noticed this and remembered how she always looked on the bright side of life. It took a few years but, after therapy and medicine she was finally back to her normal self.

Quirk:
♥ Telepathy - It takes many hours for her to become exhausted using this quirk, mainly due to it being mostly mind related and requiring little thought to use.

• Mind Reading: The ability to read/sense the thoughts of others.
  • Psychic Communication: The ability to open up secret conversations and relay covert information.
  • Empathy: The ability to interpret the emotions of others.
  • Telepathic Speaking: The ability to speak aloud using only the mind.
Equipment: N/A

Why do you want to be a hero?: Leona wishes to do good in the world. After having seen first hand how bad the world can be she wants to make sure others never feel the same. While her intentions are pure she does have an underlining sense of morality where those who have done wrong should feel the pain they put on others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll state my interest. I'll decide on a character at some point. Possibly a non-student if that's acceptable.

Oooh interesting I'd like to join and should have a cs up by tonight.

Name: Konoko Sarahashi

Hero Name: The Phantom Brute

Personality:
  • Monotone
  • Sporty
  • Quiet
  • Analyzer
  • Blunt
  • Smart
Bio: Both of Konoko's parent's had quirks so when she was born, she had gained both of them by the time she turned 5. She would often use her presence manipulation by mistake, and people would often think she was missing. They gave a her a limiter which didn't really help since they barely noticed her with it. she wore the limiter til she was used to her presence quirk, she quite easily got used to her ant quirk since she picks stuff up often. Also she loves basketball and other sports, she thought I should let you know.

Quirk(s):
  • Presence: Konoko can manipulate her presence though it's already incredibly low, most people tend not to notice her. This quirk causes the user to become hungrier each time it's used, after using it a few times a day Konoko can eat as much as 10,000 calories without gaining weight. She usually uses this quirk so people can notice her.​
  • Ant Strength: Konoko has the ability to pick up heavy objects, even those 10 x her mass granted that's not as much as you'd think since she's 5'0 but still >.> geez. Konoko is capable of holding a car for an hour before she is fatigued with her current level of training. This also comes with enhanced strength, and slight speed enhancement.​

Why do you want to be a hero?: "Me? Well I guess I want to be a hero for fun" she says in monotone, yeah yeah cute Konoko. What she means to say is because she wants to .

Accepted, and I like her underlying feelings of wanting to give people who harm others what's coming to them.
Thank you, it's so sad that her quirk isn't that harmful at the moment.

I'm definitely interested in getting into this. I'll probably have a CS by tomorrow or the day after.

still intersted to join this rp. my revised cs will be posted

images

Name: Gunta Seiryuu

Hero Name: Ronin

Personality:
  • Patient
  • Direct
  • Stubborn
  • Adventurous
  • Naive

Bio:Born blind into a martial arts clan in the country side, he was treated as trash and was shamed. they believed that his blindness made him weak, fragile and incapable of looking after himself. they even went to the extreme and hid his existence from the world which caused him to resent his clan's treatment. This fueled his determination to become more independent as he secretly learnt basic martial arts enhancing his other senses. upon discovering his quirk he decided to run away from home making his way to U.A. believing that the academy could guide him.

Quirk: Seismic Sense.
Gunta is capable of sensing the slightest vibrations through contact with the ground allowing him to perceive the surroundings like normal sight.

Equipment: Battle staff that also doubles as a walking stick.

Why do you want to be a hero?: Gunta's goal is to gain freedom and independence to be capable of carrying his own weight despite him being blind as he intends to prove that his disability is not an obstacle in his journey to becoming a hero.

hmmm/.. i don't know where this is going but i get the feeling that this RP is an all female group or am i just being ignored? should i change my cs to female?