Music That Speaks to You

Status
Not open for further replies.

My mom heard this song a few weeks ago, thought of me and recommended it. When I heard it, I nearly broke down sobbing. It...it definitely hit home.

Hauntingly beautiful, the discordance perfectly complements the utterly contradictory nature of the boss, who wields two swords of opposing elements (fire and dark) and though (likely) being driven to bestial madness, moves with inhuman grace and unnatural litheness.

From Bloodborne: Full of bombast, this piece truly encapsulates the sense that there are beings and things far, far beyond mortal ken. When I listened to this piece I was inspired to write a little something. Unless you're familiar with the game it's from it may not mean much.... :P

Life, as it has evolved upon this world, is struggle. It exists in every strata of our being, from the struggle against others to the struggle against ourselves. The Hunt and the Hunter is our struggle, our lives, personified, our way of showing these Great Ones that we are alive.
This was the truth, the wisdom, the insight into the universe I came to understand before I beheld and fought these Living Failures. As they reached upwards and beseeched the sky, I saw the heavens- no, the Cosmos open in reply. I saw, briefly, the depth of the foe we pitiful humans struggled with. I saw, and I knew that my eyes had yet to open. -Unknown Hunter
There's just something I like about this. It could be that I grew up listening to it, or just the complete lack of regard for traditional composition, but I like it. That's saying quite a bit, considering I generally don't much care for classical music.

:P Sorry, I had to. Uh, I mean...
WAAAGH!!!

My mom heard this song a few weeks ago, thought of me and recommended it. When I heard it, I nearly broke down sobbing. It...it definitely hit home.
Same for me. When I heard it, I had to pause it a few times so I could breathe lol.

This is the one that's been on my mind lately. I'll probably be back with others later.

BAHAHAHAHA I ONLY JUST DISCOVERED THIS SONG BUT IT IS THE PERFECT THING FOR ME TO POST HERE. XD

Edit: Holy shit look where the play button landed. Even youtube doesn't treat Ringo right.

The lyrics hits me so damn hard like a bloody bullet train

So much Muse because Matthew Bellamy is one of the best musical minds of this era, if not the best. One of the top 5 of all time in my opinion. That voice though.

Avicii - Broken Arrows

The last 2 in honor of one of the best producers in the history of EDM. The forever legend who sadly announced his retirement early this year. Seeing Avicii was on my bucket list, but if he ever comes out of retirement I will be there and fucking live life up. Turned the genre upside down by proving you can bring in anyone, and incorporate any style. Truly a musical genius. One of the most inspirational people.

Rage Against The Machine - Bombtrack
Rage Against The Machine - Testify - Live At Finsbury Park, London / 2010
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name - 1993

Finally, Rage Against the Machine. So glad they have come back together, even though it may not be all of the originals, to enlighten the population on the Political Bullshit in this country right now. Check that guitar solo in the second song, Testify. Tom Morello literally creates music from his fucking hand. Tom is easily the most creative guitarist of all time in my book.

FUCK YOU! I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!​

Status
Not open for further replies.