Music of the Night (1x1 with Kiscokids)

He looked at her for the first time. His eyes were a soft yet sharp gold, his face skinny and handsome "you get but one chance to meet the Master of the Pool" he he,d out his hand for her, beckoning her closer, entering into her mind and ensnaring her.

her eyes became foggy and she walked silently, slowly toward him, her boots squishing in the mud as she came closer to the pool.

A crash came from the forests behind her "No! Stay away from him!" An arrow soared past her head and hit the man by the pool square between the eyes. He fell backwards with the force of the shot. The archer was stood at the edge of the clearing. It was Jarred.

olivia blinked and squinted through the rain, which was pouring now. she hadn't noticed it since she laid eyes on the pool, and shivered uncontrollably, standing waist-deep in the pool. "Jarred?" she asked weakly. "is that you?" turning back to look at the man, the arrow in his head, her eyes widened and she cried out, splashing in the water as she struggled to get out of the freezing pool.

"It's me" he pulled her out, his muscled arms exposed "you have to be careful in the woods at night. This is a kappa, they take the form of a beautiful human and lure you into the pool where they drown you underwater" he pulled off his jacket and put it around her "come on, it's not far to the village, we need to get you someplace warm"

"His voice," she said. "It sounded familiar. So beautiful." She wrapped his jacket around her and looked around. "Papa said the woods was dangerous, but I never thought he was this right about it. Are there more things like this...kappa?"

"The woods are full of magic and mystery, some good and some evil" he started to lead her away "most evil only stirs in the night time. The voice is made to remind you of something you love that you lost. The most effective way of drawing someone in is by taunting them with hope" Jarred held his bow out and started to hum gently.

Olivia nodded in understanding. "Oh. Well, good or evil I don't think I'll be walking alone here anytime soon."

"Why were you wandering in the woods in the first place?" He looked at he questioningly as they reached the edge of the forest.

"I was on my way to the village when a flaming tree blocked the path. I thought I could find my way through the forest."

"Looks like something wanted you to get lost" he mumbled "let's get you better first. It's easier to worry about the dangers of the night when you're in a well lit place"

"A warm pint of beer also helps," she said, kicking the mud from her boots as they reached the paved streets of the village.

"Indeed" he laughed as they approached the tavern "but first I must insist that you spend the night. We have a guest room you can you use. I think it's too dangerous for you to walk home by yourself in the dark"

"Normally I would decline to spending the night with a handsome stranger, but I agree with you. I only hope my father can manage without me." She handed him back his coat and did her hair in a messy up-do. "Thank you."

"Handsome?" He raised his eyebrow at her before laughing "come, I have something I want yo show you" he took her hand and guided her into the tavern.

she followed him in, immediately feeling the warmth of the fire and the coziness of the room. she'd been in the tavern only a few times, and never to drink.