Music Is The Code of the Soul (OOC/ Sign Ups [open])

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Grace Tesla

Original poster
The Belt is a popular, rising singing competition, and five teens auditions, each with their own style, hoping to be the next big thing.

A steps up in front of the panel of judges in Dallas, strumming her acoustic guitar, and covering Luke Bryan.

I'm a little drunk on you, and high on summertime...

The three judges immediately send her to Manhattan for the next step in this competition.

B enters the competition in Detroit, wearing his best jeans and clenching the microphone like a lifeline, pushing Jay Z lyrics out like nothing he's ever done before.

I will not lose, so even in defeat, there's a valuable lesson learned so it evens up for me.

The judges, half in shock, usher B out with a ticket to Manhattan and wide eyes.

C starts out with a bang in Seattle, repeating the Led Zeppelin words he's sang since he was a child.

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there would still be you and me.

Touched by his story, the judges are quickly won over by C, and he's on his way to Manhattan in no time.

D doesn't look like the type to be singing Pierce the Veil on a TV show, and yet here he is, Des Moines, Iowa, screaming his heart out.

I need you here right now. I'm crying underwater so you don't hear the sound.

One of the judges has tears streaming down their face. Guess where D is headed to? Manhattan.

E probably shouldn't be trying out with a classically trained voice, she'll never make it anyway. Bound to stay in Nowhere, New Jersey for the rest of time. Might as well try. Fingers on keys, she sings.

And you know that it's just a sonata away, and you play.

The crowd goes wild. E is headed to Manhattan.

This is a story about a group of unlikely friends, met up at a singing contest.

And somehow, someway, are shoved together for a group song in an elimination round.

Joy.

Open Characters:

A-Female- Cali Marie Toulon-taken by Rieezy
B-Male- JD Dash- Taken by Shattered Secrets
C-Male-OPEN
D-Male- Shawn Winston- Taken by Kitsune
E- Female- McKinley Barton- Taken by Me

Skellie format:

Face:
Name:
Which character are they? A,B,C, or D?
Short Bio:
Favorite song, and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I reserve B, will have cs up in a few. Just want you to hold my spot please.

[BCOLOR=#ff6600]Face:[/BCOLOR]
orig-21077484.jpg

[BCOLOR=#ff6600]Name:[/BCOLOR]
McKinley Barton
[BCOLOR=#ff6600]Age:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ff6600]Quote to describe personality:[/BCOLOR]
Arrogance, ignorance, and incompetence. Not a pretty cocktail of personality traits in the best of situations. No sirree. Not a pretty cocktail in an office-mate and not a pretty cocktail in a head of state. In fact, in a leader, it's a lethal cocktail.
[BCOLOR=#ff6600]Which character are they? A,B,C, or D?[/BCOLOR]
E
[BCOLOR=#ff6600]Short Bio:[/BCOLOR]
Daughter of a single mother, fell for musical theater at a young age, but has been unable to break through the hard surface.
[BCOLOR=#ff6600]Favorite song, and why?[/BCOLOR]
Red and Black from Les Miserables- it's her entire life. It's been her favorite since about seventh grade, and she can't remember why she likes it so much.​

• Love
Reactions: Justin
[fieldbox=$Jerome "JD" Dash$, #00ff51, solid]
Face:
WHwqdXFl.jpg

Name: Jerome "JD" Dash
Quote to describe personality: JD is a big time flirt and a playboy. He is also determined to become the biggest Rapper and R&B singer there ever was. JD loves to mingle with the ladies, he doesn't have an off button when it comes to flirting with an attractive girl. So watch out pretty girls.
Which character are they? A,B,C, or D?: B
Short Bio: Living in Detroit, JD had a rough life. Parents always fought about the bills and everything in the household. Music was the only way for JD to escape everything chaotic around him. Thanks to music, JD has become the man he is now. He's determined to make it big and become the best there ever was.
Favorite song, and why?: He has a couple of songs he loves. Out of all the songs, JD's favorite would have to be; Crossroads, By Bone Thugs N Harmony. That was the first song he had ever listened too, it spoke to him the most. He still plays it everyday.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
[fieldbox=$Jerome "JD" Dash$, #00ff51, solid]
Face:
WHwqdXFl.jpg

Name: Jerome "JD" Dash
Quote to describe personality: JD is a big time flirt and a playboy. He is also determined to become the biggest Rapper and R&B singer there ever was. JD loves to mingle with the ladies, he doesn't have an off button when it comes to flirting with an attractive girl. So watch out pretty girls.
Which character are they? A,B,C, or D?: B
Short Bio: Living in Detroit, JD had a rough life. Parents always fought about the bills and everything in the household. Music was the only way for JD to escape everything chaotic around him. Thanks to music, JD has become the man he is now. He's determined to make it big and become the best there ever was.
Favorite song, and why?: He has a couple of songs he loves. Out of all the songs, JD's favorite would have to be; Crossroads, By Bone Thugs N Harmony. That was the first song he had ever listened too, it spoke to him the most. He still plays it everyday.

[/fieldbox]
He's lovely!

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Thanks can't wait to start^^ This.

tumblr_m6xazps83v1qjz8hno1_500.jpg

| Name |
"Hi. My name is Shawn. Shawn Winston. It's nice to meet you!"
| Age |
"I'm seventeen."
| Quote to describe personality |
"The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do."
| Which character are they? A,B,C, or D? |
Character D
| Short Bio |
"My life isn't that fantastic or anything. But, since you want to know, I was born to scholarly parents. The type who plans their kid's entire life before they can even walk. They wanted me to grow up and be a lawyer or something along those lines, but I had fell in love with music and wanted to pursue it. Of course, they didn't support me and, even now, they still don't. But it's whatever. I'll show them that I can make it."
| Favorite song, and why? |
"Why would you put me in such a position?! I have so many favorite songs! Uhm, well, I think it would have to be Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. I can relate to the meaning and the words so much that it's scary. I still listen to it as motivation when life gets me down and is kicking me relentlessly."

tumblr_mf6tmuMxIN1rv7cdvo6_500.gif

• Love
He's precious, I love them! We need just two more people, but, in the next day or so, no one signs up, we can just start on our own, I think :)

Name: Cali Marie Toulon

Quote to describe personality: sorry but I have two :)

1. She turned her can'ts into cans and her dreams into plans.
2. She's got eyes of innocence, the face of an angle, a personality of a dreamer, and a smile that hold more pain than you can imagine.

Which character are you? A please

Short bio: My bio... Well let's see... My father passed away before I was even born. He was fighting in a war over seas. I had a pretty happy childhood. Mom taught me how to play and sing. Country was our favorite, but ill try any style. Then last year I lost my mom to a battle with cancer. God I hated seeing her suffer. And now I live with my grandma. She's just the best. Sure she can't take my pain away. But she pushed me to try out and here I am.

Favorite song and why: Roger Rabbit ~ Sleeping With Sirens The song has a really good message. You'll usually hear me humming it, unnoticed by myself.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
I love her! One last thing, tho~ just make sure musically she's like 100% devoted to country.

That's the plan. It's what she knows. Just loves to listen to all styles tho. :)

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.