Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
My time zone is Mountain Standard Time. I work a very stressful job, and am usually busy.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
I don't have a favorite genre. I can role-play under any genre and I enjoy doing so. Though, I tend to stray more towards Fantasy, Modern, Scifi, Drama, Magical, Supernatural, and Romance (BL/Hetero/GL).
Everyone has their favorite kind of music ranging from country to rap to jazz, and to rock. Some people will just listen to anything, or maybe one specific artist only. Music is an art form, and like most art forms its expressive of ourselves in some way. Either it expresses our feelings about anything (yourself, fights, friends, drama, what have you) or you can relate to someone else expressing how they feel. And sometimes I feel like that's why music can be so comforting, especially when you come across a song or band that rings so true to you specifically. It feels like you are not alone in feeling a certain way, and that its normal for yourself and others to feel it too.

My question to you is, is there a song or band specifically that ring so true to you, yourself as a whole?

For me, it would be Icon For Hire. ^^

"Hope Of Morning"

My mind's a kaleidoscope, it thinks too fast
Blurs all the colors 'til I can't see past
The last mistake, the choice I made
Staring in the mirror with myself to blame
Sometimes I'm afraid of the thoughts inside
Nowhere to hide inside my mind
I'm scared that you'll compare and I'll look a lifetime past repair
I second guess myself to death, I re-solicit every step
What if my words are meaningless? What if my heart's misleading this?
I try to capture every moment as it comes to me
Bottle up the memories and let them keep me company

When the hope of morning starts to fade in me
I don't dare let darkness have its way with me
And the hope of morning makes me worth the fight
I will not be giving in tonight

When I'm old and grey, or thirty, or whatever happens first,
I'll need you to reassure me I didn't waste a verse
Or worse, what if my life's work is reduced to just myself
Like never let you get a word in, while I dissect my mental health
Or lack thereof, whatever, there's too many things to track
I really can't remember if I'm insane or insomniac
Now days, all the kids want crazy, wanna diagnose themselves
Trade up made up epidemics, pass around prescription pills
But my disorder can't be cured by a bottle, blade, or dose
Self-disgust and selfishness tend to hold me awfully close
But I don't wanna let you see that, I don't want my friends to know
Self-disgust and selfishness take me everywhere I go

Try as I might to keep it together
Why is recovery taking forever
Fool the whole world, just until I get better
I'm terrified I'll be faking forever
On and on I wonder what went wrong inside my head
I don't have to have the answers, but tonight I wish I did
All the pain I can't explain away won't fade
All the the secrets silenced by the shame
Don't make me say it [x7]

Last edited:

This may seem a little odd of a choice 'cause, well, it's not like there's any lyrics, I don't have some story to it, or really anything in the sense. It's just that, when I clear my mind and I listen to this song, the build-up and progression absorb me. Like the ringing of a bell in a clocktower, the sound vibrates through my being. It's like meditation in a sense. A detachment from the physical world and that, honestly, makes me feel kind of drifting and small.

I've also learned to skip to a next song whenever I'm in traffic.

Reactions: Esmeray
Got too many favorites to enjoy and too many genres to fit into one category. That and musical preference can change in moments depending on the mood, setting, yada yada.

MOST recently though it's been Sabaton.

Fuck yeah SS Tank Divisions. This shit rocks on the way to work.

They also inspired me to read up on more European history.

It is hard to listen to this song and not cry. I don't feel I need to explain why I chose this, the song does that well enough.

Reactions: Lil Pom and Esmeray

I love seting this track on a never-ending loop, in a semi-dark room, and do Hatha yoga for 1 hour just losing myself in it... SO enchanting and relaxing! Somehow, maintening the dificult stances is easyer vhen I practicaly enter a trance state, lost in these tunes... transcending my own body's limits.

"Mou Nido To..." by Beni.

This songs represents a very strong theme for me, about how things no matter how beautiful they were in the past, it brings about pain now and despite a change of minds, I, or we, can never go back to the way things were before.

Same song for a decade. No reason to change now.

I connect to songs ALL THE TIME. There are many. =__=

The first one that came to mind when I read this thread though:

I was already a huge Poets of the Fall fan, so I'm always waiting for their next releases. I heard this song for the first time on the day I found out my biological granddad died and I immediately burst in to tears. T_______T I am kinda glad no one was home. It just hit the right button at the right moment.

This is the first one that comes to mind for a song that I really connect with. The overall message of the lyrics (sorta "all good things come to an end") plays directly into what I guess you could call my life motto: shit changes all the time, good things go away, bad things come along, so don't bother worrying about the past or what's coming in the future, just enjoy what you've got right now.

I wonder who this song is about...

I mostly like classical and OST, I could (abd probobly will) list a number of songs that have special meaning to me or I feel expose somthing about myself. But one in particular really gets to me and I'll never understand why, I've never even played the series it's from....the tune just stuck a nerve when I first heard it and I still consider it my personal theme song.

For my online presence, and my inner self though; one song has come to embody that other part of my being;

Got too many favorites to enjoy and too many genres to fit into one category. That and musical preference can change in moments depending on the mood, setting, yada yada.

MOST recently though it's been Sabaton.

Fuck yeah SS Tank Divisions. This shit rocks on the way to work.

They also inspired me to read up on more European history.

Fuck yes Sabaton. Look up Night Witches if you haven't already.

As for me, I like music, and it certainly can put me in a better mood, but I am not overly connected to it like a lot of people describe. I often have to go out of my way to listen to music, and it's usually just when I am doing chores, driving, or walking the dog. I haven't felt that any song has been relatable to me in many years and the only genres that are giving me emotional satisfaction and mental stimulation are metal and folk songs. I love things that tell a story, or offer a window into history or legends.

It's for this reason I cynically think most stuff on the radio is just fluff with no meaning. Even most rock songs are painfully generic.

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
I honestly have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many songs that I can relate and connect to. As for genres, I listen to a pretty wild variety of them.

This song pretty much describes me and my situation as of now:

I've been a fan of this band ever since middle school and during that time (and high school), I went through a gothic/emo/I hate everyone and everything phase which I haven't really escaped yet :P

Oooh, I adore this topic. I am forever changing what my "theme song" is, but this one does a pretty damn good job of describing me at the moment. It also does a really nice job of reminding us that confidence does not mean narcissism; something I feel the angsty, image-hating world of today sometimes forgets. It's a 'no apologies, I'm chill with who I am' kind of song, which really makes me happy.

(Also, it's hella catchy. I've been caught dancing around to it by myself on several occasions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.