Music and Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.
She listened to him, surprised. She smiled and grabbed her bag. Roxie nodded to him and stood up. "Yeah, I'm ready."

He offered her his arm and led her downstairs where the others were waiting. A limo was waiting for them outside. "Guess the public wants a grand entrance. Great." he mumbled to himself as he entered the vehicle and sat next to her. He had one earbud in and one out so he could memorize the notes, chords, riffs, etc for tonight's show.

She followed him. Roxie looked at the others. What did they think of her? She wasn't sure how to act. She sat there quietly in the limo, looking out the window. She thought about what he said. "Grand entrance." She said under her breath.

He whispered in her ear, reading her thoughts. "They like you and don't want to see me get hurt. No need to fret over them. I already explained to them last night after I returned. They'll warm up to you, give it time." rubbing her shoulder a bit. "Don't worry it'll be okay. I won't make a comment unless needed, that's if the press is there." He was talking to the others mentally about the entrance and they all agreed to enter from the entrance and leave from the back. It would be better that way.

She turned over to him when he began to speak to her. Her face was close to his, she blushed a little bit when she noticed. "How did you know...I was thinking about that. Am I easy to tell how I feel or something." She said to him, then shook her head no. "Never mind. Okay. Actually all the people being there doesn't really bother me."

"I can read your thoughts, plus I can tell by your aura and also from the bond. I'm just good at reading others." he placed an arm around her and smiled. "We'll see what happens when we get there." Soon enough one of the others spoke up. "While Nicolas is on stage, we'll be with you. No harm will come to you, we promise." The others nodded and agreed. "You are in good hands. It's not every day Nicolas is attracted to someone or even fond of romanticism due to certain tragedies but we won't speak about that."

"Thank you, brothers."

Roxie looked away quickly towards the others. The movement was too fast and her bag flew out of her hands, onto the limo floor. Her face bright red from what they were saying. "Uhh...Umm...okay." She said to them as she went to pick up the bag.

It wasn't long enough before they reached their destination. They could hear screaming fans and people knocking on the limo waiting for them to come out. They got out as a group and made their way inside. Nicolas kept a protective arm around Roxie. The crowd and press was going crazy but good thing the aisle was barricaded. The band signed autographs and took a few photos with some of their fans and for the press including answering a few questions. One of the paparazzi asked who Roxie was. Nicolas took the liberty of answering the question.

"She's my long-lost sister and the events that happened are really complicated and rather not get into that."

'How come we've never seen her with you before?"

"Well, I didn't want word to get out since this only happened recently that she came back into my well our lives."

"Ahhh....makes sense. Are you excited about tonight's performance?

"Indeed, I am. I haven't played with them for quite some time and their good friends of ours. It's best a little reunion is required."

"I won't keep you too long."

Nicolas smiled and entered the venue with the others. "Roxie I'll see you after the show." leaving her with the others and made his way back stage.

Roxie stayed quiet through everything. She figured someone would ask something. Was she going to have people bother her about it now? She wasn't sure she wanted that but she still wanted to hang out with Nicolas. She gave a nod as he told her he was going to leave. She looked at the others, then looked down, unsure of what to do.

"Come on." said one of the others. Nicolas didn't tell her that the other's have now the same bond as she does with him. He wanted her to figure it out on her own. He texted her saying, "mingle with them, they're very easy to talk to. Remember what I said about the bond, they are also linked with me and thus you. It's okay, have fun. I'm here watching you."

She read the text, smiling a little. She put the phone away and looked back up at the others. "I'm Roxie." She was sure they knew that but it was the only thing she could think of saying. "I glad you are all letting me be here today."

"Any friend of Nicolas' is a friend of ours." replied Craven smiling at her. "Apologies if we seemed a bit rude last night by not talking much. He's extremely protective of those he cares about even though he just met you. But he's a sweetheart." Just as he said that, the crowd turned their attention to the stage. "Guess it's time."

"I do enjoy seeing him play live. Reminds me when I first heard him play for a local band." remarked Draven.

"Indeed, he is very talented. Good thing he's doing the album for next year. This is will give me a break." Emmett commented.

"You, please. We hardly used his ideas in the past and I feel guilty for not using more. But I've hearing him practice and I must say he impresses each time."

They all agreed. "Indeed."

Once Nicolas stepped on the stage, everyone went crazy. He winked at Roxie and the others from the stage, since they were the first ones he spotted.

Roxie smiled. He had such great friends, she hoped he understood that. She turned to the stage once he appeared. She waved to him when he winked. "You know, you guys are different than I expected, in a good way." She paused. "I never knew that such great things could happen to me. I'm glad I got to meet you all."

"Thanks, so are you." replied Craven. "Come sit. Good things come for those who wait and deserve it. Nicolas is one of those whose worth while having in life. He cares a lot about you more than you think." said one of the others. "Roxie are you hungry or thirsty for anything? they have great stuff here."

Roxie blushed some more at their works. "Ha..ha...I'm just some water would be fine." She said as she sat down. Her phone began to ring, she looked at it for a moment then put it away. The name said mother on it. She rolled her eyes as she put it back in her bag that she was holding tightly.

They nodded as one of them went to order their drinks. Draven noticed her phone going off and the change in her emotions. "Everything okay, Roxie?" he asked with concern. "Don't want your night to be ruined."

"It's just my mother, no big deal." She said to him. "Don't worry my night won't be ruined, I don't pay attention to most of what she says anymore. I mean, she only cares about herself so it doesn't really matter to me." She stopped suddenly feeling that she had said too much to him.

"Ah, understandable then." They noticed her becoming quiet. "No need for silence, Roxie. We'e very easy to talk to."

"It's just personal family stuff, you guys probably don't want to hear that." She said to them. She smiled and waved her hand around like everything was nothing.

"We know the feeling. Nicolas had it worst, his parents were totally neglecting and abusive to him. When they were home, he would sleep out on the porch, the only outlet he had was his music. We heard him playing in the garage when they weren't home and ever since then he's been part of us. He's our youngest brother and everyday he yearns for a love of a female, because he didn't get it. He has no clue what love, we try giving it to him but it's not the same." remarked Draven after he took a sip of his drink and relaxed into his sit.

Nicolas continued to keep his gaze on Roxie as he continued to play. After they were done, Nicolas returned to the dressing room to freshen up and rejoined his band members including the others he was playing with. He introduced the others to Roxie. As the night grew on Nicolas got up and decided to dance, inviting her to join him.

Status
Not open for further replies.