Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

Penny was quiet, as his eyes darted about. Something about this area bothered him, but why? You should turn that off... It might draw whatever's left to us

@LuckycoolHawk9

Numahime started her own ascent up the stairs once they seemed to be holding.

"Guess it's just you and me then," she said to Sherry.

@Jeremi

"Just means we have to be more careful."
Sherry responded to Numahime. It didn't take long walking the corridor before the cabins started to spread out on either side of the corridor. It looked like the corridor would go on forever. Weirdly enough however, the cabin doors had no numbers on them.

"You have to wonder how people knew where their cabin was supposed to be." Then she stopped because two cabin doors caught her eye. On the right the door said 'safe' in big red letters and on the left side it said 'not safe'. "For some reason I don't trust either of these."

@Kaykay @CabinArea

"Just means we have to be more careful." Sherry responded to Numahime. It didn't take long walking the corridor before the cabins started to spread out on either side of the corridor. It looked like the corridor would go on forever. Weirdly enough however, the cabin doors had no numbers on them.

"You have to wonder how people knew where their cabin was supposed to be." Then she stopped because two cabin doors caught her eye. On the right the door said 'safe' in big red letters and on the left side it said 'not safe'. "For some reason I don't trust either of these."

@Kaykay @CabinArea

"Haha, suspicious are we?" she laughed as Sherry voiced her suspicions. The demon agreed with Sherry's assessment, but if they couldn't trust either sign then it really didn't matter which one they picked. "Well, it's not like I trust whoever put up these nice little signs either. And as for these number-less cabins, either someone took their time to get rid of the numbers or perhaps they were simply assigned rooms with a map or something."

Numahime glanced at both doors.

"It's easy to think in circles when we don't trust either sign. 'Safe' would naturally mean unsafe, but if whoever put these signs here thought of something that obvious then 'Unsafe' would actually mean unsafe. Oh, but what if they thought of that too, and now the 'Unsafe' is actually safe while 'Safe' is unsafe? Or maybe, what if neither is actually safe? In other words, it doesn't really matter right? Let's just let fate decide~"

With that reasoning, the demon decided to push open the 'not safe' door.

@Jeremi

"Haha, suspicious are we?" she laughed as Sherry voiced her suspicions. The demon agreed with Sherry's assessment, but if they couldn't trust either sign then it really didn't matter which one they picked. "Well, it's not like I trust whoever put up these nice little signs either. And as for these number-less cabins, either someone took their time to get rid of the numbers or perhaps they were simply assigned rooms with a map or something."

Numahime glanced at both doors.

"It's easy to think in circles when we don't trust either sign. 'Safe' would naturally mean unsafe, but if whoever put these signs here thought of something that obvious then 'Unsafe' would actually mean unsafe. Oh, but what if they thought of that too, and now the 'Unsafe' is actually safe while 'Safe' is unsafe? Or maybe, what if neither is actually safe? In other words, it doesn't really matter right? Let's just let fate decide~"

With that reasoning, the demon decided to push open the 'not safe' door.

@Jeremi

Sherry couldn't really argue that logic and opted to join Numahime in the not safe room. Opening the door and stepping in the two found themselves inside a mirror room. The walls, floor and ceiling were covered with a huge mirror making it seem like the room went on forever.

If either turned around they'd realize that the door they had just entered was now missing. "Stay on your toes..." Sherry commanded expecting trouble at any moment. She stepped closer to the far end wall to give it a closer look. As Sherry did so Numehime noticed in the other mirrors that something dark and distorted was taking shape behind Sherry...but they were the only two in the actual room.

@Kaykay

Theo Raeken

" I have been trying to do that for the past ten minutes, it isn't going to shut off, that being said, that cracked glass seems suspicious, should we perhaps go and investigate it?" He asked. He went to go and inspect it, being extra catious.

@Jeremi @dark @Darkseide @Downstairs Store area

Theo Raeken

" I think the shops might be a good place to start. Also, Jack, I promise to deliver on a weapon or the knife- whichever I feel is better for you and more beneficial to me. Right now, it is my only defense. But we should be careful. There are probably traps all around this place."

@dark @York @Jeremi @Downstairs
images

Traps? Yeah, like usual. It seems like everywhere we go these days has these.

Delsin was slightly more calm than usual.

He still had his knife nearby just in case.

@dark @York @Jeremi @Downstairs
"I guess it's worth looking into." Seishin shrugged, knife in hand in case he may need it. He unfortunately didn't have much time to get a response or elaborate on his comment back before Grundy attacked. He wouldn't have elaborated unless asked to anyway, and now really all they could do was press on until they hopefully reach an ende of some sort and could return home.

@Jeremi @York @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @CruiseShip
For those heading down they'd find the restaurant and store area to be in utter disarray. Even so for those investigating the restaurant would notice that all the tables had everything set up as well as rotten food. You could tell that whatever happened here had happened fast.

However had this ship been attacked...where were the corpses?

Meanwhile in the store area despite the decay it appeared the stereo system for some reason was still functioning despite it all. Just one play button away from coming back to life.

Sherry had stayed near the entrance burning a hole in the stairs leading to the cabin. Finally she started her ascent with easy steps. While the steps creaked bellow her it seemed that they were holding for the time being.

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @LuckycoolHawk9

"U-uh right." Clint replied before handing over a card to Queen. "T-this will give you access to the e-entire ship, once outside of this room t-there's a elevator. Take it down to B2 a-and contact me when you're there." He proceeded to hand her a earpiece. "I-I can talk to you if you use that. J-Just be really careful. There monsters...the monsters are everywhere."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb

The moment Jack pressed the play button an infernal music beat started playing through the entire area. Any attempt to try and shut it off would be for naught and the song continued to play on a continous loop through out the lower area of the ship.​

The ship...Well, appeared to be just that. Sammy couldn't claim he expected any less. On the plus, it certainly seemed drier than Sammy would have anticipated, which was a nice sort of surprise for the prophet.

The general flow of people seemed to be going downwards, and Sammy followed behind. Below there were restaurants and stores, neither of which appealed to Sammy on a base level (he didn't particularly eat much and what use would he have for souvenirs?), but he supposed he could...

What. Was. That.

That infernal racket, that noise, drumming in his head like the grinding of gears and the switching of valves and the gurgling of ink. It had a beat behind it, a rhythm certainly, but Sammy Lawrence hesitated to call it music. His fingers curled. He trudged over to the source of this--This din--And found it in the store area, along with Jack, who he could only supposed was the one to summon this...This cacophony.

"What. Is this. Noise!?" His tone, usually heavy and sincere as though he was preaching most every word, was now unfathomably irritated. "Make it stop, end it, turn it off--How is one supposed to think--Supposed to function--With this sort of noise!?"

Well, if there was something to be said for the 'song' the stereo was playing, it's that it seemed to trigger some long-repressed part of the former music director inside of Sammy. Still, if an eternally-grinning Bendy mask could somehow glare at the stereo, it definitely would be.

[ @Crow @Whoever else @STORE AREA ]​
From the sight of the rotten food, whatever had happeend had happened quite some time ago it seemed, though if there were no sign of corpses then where?...

The radio turning on caused the former monk to jump, slightly startled. Releasing a small exasperated sigh he went and glanced at the stereo. The fact that it was still in tact, though it didn't seem like there was a way to turn it off made Seishin bristle a bit. Plus the fact the music coming from it would likely grow on one's nerves fast.

@Jeremi @York @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @CruiseShip
No matter how much pressing of buttons, smashing it with a weapon or anything in between, the music would continue playing through out the area, as if it was vibrating through the ship itself.

306E5ACE00000578-3409776-image-a-144_1453388525628.jpg

For those that investigated the area some more they'd find that the stern of the ship looked even worse than the middle part. Debris was scattered all over and the floor looked even more unsafe. For some reason however a glass wall surrounded by a heavily ornate frame seemed to be intact. Give or take a few cracks.​

@LuckycoolHawk9 @York @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @CruiseShip
Theo Raeken

" I have been trying to do that for the past ten minutes, it isn't going to shut off, that being said, that cracked glass seems suspicious, should we perhaps go and investigate it?" He asked. He went to go and inspect it, being extra catious.

Simon Henriksson
@Jeremi @dark @Darkseide @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow
@Store

Simon had been looking for some sort of flickering number on the stereo system in the store area, when Jack's sudden activation of the system startled him. The bizarre, and seemingly endless music blaring from that stereo was quickly giving him a migraine, so wordlessly, he covered his ears and decided to vacate the general premises.

Instead, he decided to go take a look at the cracked glass wall, trying to see what he could find there. It looked like the song playing from the stereo had killed whatever will he had to converse with the others for the time being.​

Sherry couldn't really argue that logic and opted to join Numahime in the not safe room. Opening the door and stepping in the two found themselves inside a mirror room. The walls, floor and ceiling were covered with a huge mirror making it seem like the room went on forever.

If either turned around they'd realize that the door they had just entered was now missing. "Stay on your toes..." Sherry commanded expecting trouble at any moment. She stepped closer to the far end wall to give it a closer look. As Sherry did so Numehime noticed in the other mirrors that something dark and distorted was taking shape behind Sherry...but they were the only two in the actual room.

@Kaykay

"Yes maaaa'am," she replied in mock exasperation.

As Numahime noticed the strange shape approaching Sherry, she shifted her gaze to where the shape would have been. Yet there was nothing there. It was merely a mirage that existed only in the mirror. An optical illusion.

Or so such a thing should normally have been rationalized.

"Don't panic," she said suddenly, her voice lowered and almost stoic, much more serious than the usual tone she carried. "But something's creeping behind you in the mirrors here. Let's leave. Quickly, before something happens."

It may have already been too late just being in the room.

@Jeremi

Chapter 3 - Living nightmare

Numahime would find no exit and Sherry's eyes widened as she as well spotted the figure. The same figure that had tried to reach for her when they first arrived here.

Seeing that there was nowhere to hide there was only one other thing to do. "Hey!" Sherry pointed at the mirror. "If you're the mastermind of all of this I just want some answers! After that you can do whatever you want with me."

The misshapen figure jerked closer towards the mirror wall before stopping. Like it hit an invisible wall. It touched the wall before clenching its hands into fists and started to slam against the mirror making it feel like the entire ship was shaking. The cracks grew wider and wider until it broke...along with the entire facade.

The cracks continued to pass through the entire ship making fall like a glasshouse.

As it was finished Sherry and Numahime found themselves back with the group that had gone downstairs as well as with the group that they thought had perished like Queen and Chucky.

landscape_by_edli.jpg

The landscape had changed too. If the town had felt unwelcoming then this place felt outright sinister in its intent.

"Finally..." Suddenly the group heard an unfamiliar voice. The distorted figure after having broken through the mirror was no longer distorted, but still an eerie sight. "I am here to bring you back...back to the waking world."

4282586-dream.jpg

"I am Dream of the Endless, and it is time to put an end to this nightmare."

Cast list:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Rottytops
@BarrenThin as Vlad Von Carstein
@Bomb as Kuro
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Trevor Belmont
@dark as Delsin Rowe
@Darkseide as William 'Penny' Adiyoi
@Kaykay as Numahime Tenma
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Makoto Niijima
@Lissamel as Sammy Lawrence
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Theo Raeken
@Midnight Maiden as Tarlotte
@Minerva as Yuri
@Otto as Varus
@Sen as Saeran Choi
@Takumi as Seishin Muroi
@ThatAverageGuy as The Devil
@thatguyinthestore as Chucky
@York as Simon Henriksson
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff​

Numahime would find no exit and Sherry's eyes widened as she as well spotted the figure. The same figure that had tried to reach for her when they first arrived here.

Seeing that there was nowhere to hide there was only one other thing to do. "Hey!" Sherry pointed at the mirror. "If you're the mastermind of all of this I just want some answers! After that you can do whatever you want with me."

The misshapen figure jerked closer towards the mirror wall before stopping. Like it hit an invisible wall. It touched the wall before clenching its hands into fists and started to slam against the mirror making it feel like the entire ship was shaking. The cracks grew wider and wider until it broke...along with the entire facade.

The cracks continued to pass through the entire ship making fall like a glasshouse.

As it was finished Sherry and Numahime found themselves back with the group that had gone downstairs as well as with the group that they thought had perished like Queen and Chucky.

landscape_by_edli.jpg

The landscape had changed too. If the town had felt unwelcoming then this place felt outright sinister in its intent.

"Finally..." Suddenly the group heard an unfamiliar voice. The distorted figure after having broken through the mirror was no longer distorted, but still an eerie sight. "I am here to bring you back...back to the waking world."

4282586-dream.jpg

Cast list:

@Bomb as Kuro
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Delsin Rowe
@Minerva as Yuri
@Otto as Varus
@Sen as Saeran Choi
@Takumi as Seishin Muroi
Chucky, not knowing or caring what was going on anymore, stared at the figure with a blank expression on his face before speaking up.

"Who the fuck're you?"

@Jeremi

Theo Raeken

Yes, by all means, lets go shut off that crap before it starts playing something even worse than it already is. Stupid music machine was ruining everything

landscape_by_edli.jpg

4282586-dream.jpg

Cast list:

@Bomb as Kuro
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Delsin Rowe
@Minerva as Yuri
@Otto as Varus
@Sen as Saeran Choi
@Takumi as Seishin Muroi
"wHo arE You??" Kuro said, not knowing who this man is. He also wondered about what the man meant by the Dream of the Endless and what about the waking dream.

@Jeremi @bleh​

Theo Raeken

" I am pretty sure he answered who he was. He called himself the Dream of the Endless. Also, it's good to see you Kuro again. I think the best question to ask him is this. What are you?" He asked the man curious to what the answer was.

@Bomb @thatguyinthestore @Everyone

Theo Raeken

" I am pretty sure he answered who he was. He called himself the Dream of the Endless. Also, it's good to see you Kuro again. I think the best question to ask him is this. What are you?" He asked the man curious to what the answer was.

@Bomb @thatguyinthestore @Everyone

"I am what my name implies," He stated in a matter of fact tone. "In my universe I preside over the dream realm and everything that it entails." Dream walked over to the edge and waved his hand to form a make shift bridge of the cold stone slabs beckoning the others to follow. "You have been spirited away, across universes...across dimensions to this domain...his domain."

He expected them to follow as he continued his tale. "One the cause of your predicament. He is one of restless nights and fear. He is-"

"I do not need a house crasher to introduce me."
A voice echoed in the air as the scenery shifted once again into that of an eerie dark throne room with a huge throne adorned with skulls and a pale figure sitting on it. "This is the Nightmare Realm and I am it's master..."

"And my name? Nightmare. Welcome to fear central!"

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Darkseide @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee

Jack starts off by seeing if her abilities worked, first by seeing if she possessed the antique lantern used to activate The Mist.

@Jeremi

"I am what my name implies," He stated in a matter of fact tone. "In my universe I preside over the dream realm and everything that it entails." Dream walked over to the edge and waved his hand to form a make shift bridge of the cold stone slabs beckoning the others to follow. "You have been spirited away, across universes...across dimensions to this domain...his domain."

He expected them to follow as he continued his tale. "One the cause of your predicament. He is one of restless nights and fear. He is-"

A voice echoed in the air as the scenery shifted once again into that of an eerie dark throne room with a huge throne adorned with skulls and a pale figure sitting on it. "This is the Nightmare Realm and I am it's master..."

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Darkseide @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee
"Hey fuckface! I hate to admit it, but you're doin' a pretty fuckin piss poor job'a scaring me." Chucky said in a bored tone before stepping towards Nightmare. "So, you'd better take me the fuck home right fucking now!" He screamed.

@Jeremi

landscape_by_edli.jpg

4282586-dream.jpg

Cast list:

@Bomb as Kuro
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Delsin Rowe
@Minerva as Yuri
@Otto as Varus
@Sen as Saeran Choi
@Takumi as Seishin Muroi

There's a song that I sing
That shows us the light
Even in the lighter side of Hell
We sing with delight

Well, at least that...Noise had been silenced.

Sammy understood himself to be in the presence of the divines, the things Joey was always so content on pleasing. The prophet was used to there being only one such divine figure, the object of his worship, the one who's face in effigy he wore as a mask. He had followed Dream with some sort of rapt interest, his hands clasped and pressed against his chest and a smile on his face. How blessed was he! First the metatron found him and advised him in his path, and now here he was, standing in the grace of another divine figure--

The feeling didn't quite last.

Nightmare was also divine, in Sammy's perception. Impulsively, the inky man straightened up to face him. Fear central, he called his domain? And yet...

"I am not afraid," He said, his hands unclasping and falling to his sides, his fingers slightly curling. And he wasn't lying. He wasn't afraid, not of this figure before him.

Though, if some former doll didn't silence himself, Sammy could truthfully say he was annoyed, perhaps even angry. He was rather tired of this blasphemous figure's voice.

[ @Jeremi @Anybody else ]​

Jack starts off by seeing if her abilities worked, first by seeing if she possessed the antique lantern used to activate The Mist.

@Jeremi

Jack found that she still had no items on her.

"Hey fuckface! I hate to admit it, but you're doin' a pretty fuckin piss poor job'a scaring me." Chucky said in a bored tone before stepping towards Nightmare. "So, you'd better take me the fuck home right fucking now!" He screamed.

@Jeremi

Nightmare rolled his eyes and with a wave of his hand shattered the illusion of Chucky having a human body making him revert back to his puppet form. "Suitably scared now?"

There's a song that I sing
That shows us the light
Even in the lighter side of Hell
We sing with delight

Well, at least that...Noise had been silenced.

Sammy understood himself to be in the presence of the divines, the things Joey was always so content on pleasing. The prophet was used to there being only one such divine figure, the object of his worship, the one who's face in effigy he wore as a mask. He had followed Dream with some sort of rapt interest, his hands clasped and pressed against his chest and a smile on his face. How blessed was he! First the metatron found him and advised him in his path, and now here he was, standing in the grace of another divine figure--

The feeling didn't quite last.

Nightmare was also divine, in Sammy's perception. Impulsively, the inky man straightened up to face him. Fear central, he called his domain? And yet...

"I am not afraid," He said, his hands unclasping and falling to his sides, his fingers slightly curling. And he wasn't lying. He wasn't afraid, not of this figure before him.

Though, if some former doll didn't silence himself, Sammy could truthfully say he was annoyed, perhaps even angry. He was rather tired of this blasphemous figure's voice.

[ @Jeremi @Anybody else ]​

"You say that, you all say that. And somehow I am not convinced."
Nightmare slouched off his throne and stepped down the stairs while shooting Dream a glare before addressing the group. "You guys have given me more than enough energy to last me awhile. And because of that I am not done with you yet."

"You are," Dream interjected. "You interrupted the slumber of these mortals. Stole their dream selves across the universe to use them as fuel. I am here to say it is over."

Nightmare could only laugh at the being before him. "You're telling me it's over? You're just another Dream lord! We can have a little fight if you want but..."

"That wont be necessary." Dream walked up to Nightmare and leaned in to whisper something into his ear. The group couldn't hear what Dream was saying but the what you could describe as utter fear that was creeping up on Nightmare's face told enough. Dream stepped back and looked at the dumbstruck Nightmare.

"I think we're done here." Was Nightmare's only response. "I got what I wanted just grab these mortals and get them away from here before I change my mind." Nightmare was acting tough but it was clear that whatever Dream had said shook him to his very core.

Vlad stood tall and quiet throughout the exchange, unsure of what to make of what was happening. He wasn't used to the idea of slumber itself, and hadn't been for millennia, so the idea of him having been stolen from his body was actually pretty off-putting. He looked at his doll friend as he was reverted to his puppet form. So this truly was some sort of dream. Then the nightmare lord was cowed by a word from Dream. Supposedly, at any rate. The Vampire Lord turned his nose up. "Perhaps we should leave swiftly."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Darkseide @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee

Jack found that she still had no items on her.

Nightmare rolled his eyes and with a wave of his hand shattered the illusion of Chucky having a human body making him revert back to his puppet form. "Suitably scared now?"

"You say that, you all say that. And somehow I am not convinced."
Nightmare slouched off his throne and stepped down the stairs while shooting Dream a glare before addressing the group. "You guys have given me more than enough energy to last me awhile. And because of that I am not done with you yet."

"You are," Dream interjected. "You interrupted the slumber of these mortals. Stole their dream selves across the universe to use them as fuel. I am here to say it is over."

Nightmare could only laugh at the being before him. "You're telling me it's over? You're just another Dream lord! We can have a little fight if you want but..."

"That wont be necessary." Dream walked up to Nightmare and leaned in to whisper something into his ear. The group couldn't hear what Dream was saying but the what you could describe as utter fear that was creeping up on Nightmare's face told enough. Dream stepped back and looked at the dumbstruck Nightmare.

"I think we're done here." Was Nightmare's only response. "I got what I wanted just grab these mortals and get them away from here before I change my mind." Nightmare was acting tough but it was clear that whatever Dream had said shook him to his very core.

Chucky would gasp as he suddenly felt his size reduce to that of the doll again, Chucky would look down at his old body in complete disbelief.

giphy.gif

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" He shouted before looking at Nightmare with an expression could only be described as "pissed off."

chucky-post.jpg

"You little shit! I swear to fuck, if I wasn't trapped in this goddamn body I'd kill you right fucking now!" Chucky shouted, knowing that he didn't stand a chance against some powerful dream demon thing.

With that, he turned and walked off.

@Jeremi

P5AYfsh.jpg

"There's a possibility that mother awaits us. We'd prefer to meet her sooner than stay around. Perhaps we shall dissect you another time, Nightmare. What kind of insides does a being like you possess, anyways~? How tasty will your heart be when we finally consume it~ We'd love to find out someday~ teehee~"

Jack follows Chucky & Vlad.

"Anyone else?"

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin