Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

Theo Raeken

Theo rolled his eyes and looked over at him. " This isn't some game where you should be entertained by us. Maybe instead on focusing on your own amusement, you should focus on surviving. That would be more advisable," he replied, finding Penny just a bit more annoying, though murdering him would be frowned upon.

Theo looked over at the gash on the ship's side and took a deep breath. " I'm guessing that our next monster friend caused that, might as well see what is inside... though, we should be careful. Who knows what traps are in here."

@dark @Jeremi @Darkseide

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Sen @Lissamel @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @BeachPeople

1453807036-0.jpg

The crack in the ships exterior seemed to open right into the ships atrium. If they were expecting a lush spectacle then they would have to be disappointed as it looked as drab and eerie on the inside as it did on the outside.

The floor downstairs seemed to lead to a huge open area where there seemed to have been shops and restaurants, while the flaky looking stairs leading up seemed to be where the cabins where.

You could tell that during its heyday it had been a rather impressive vessel.​

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @CruiseShip

Theo Raeken

" You can keep the knife and I will give the next weapon I find. Unlike the others, I need this knife for now, but you can keep Chucky's knife. It seems that we have two options. We could explore down here or we could go upstairs. I personally don't trust that staircase to not collapse, so I am staying down here," he said. He hoped Deslin would stay with him.

large.jpg

Delsin looked at the others and nodded as the inside of the ship looked damaged like usual. "I'm staying with Theo.. Not sure about everyone else, but the stairs just don't seem safe."

@LuckycoolHawk9

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @CruiseShip[/QUOTE]

"Very well then," Jack sighed as she nodded towards Theo. "Best to keep to your promise if you do not desire dismemberment, specifically from us."

Jack thinks through the two possibilities.

"Up is where people claim their cabins. Presumably, at least one person would have a leftover diary. Down is... well... shops. Probably nothing edible in restaurants."

She turns to Vlad, Unknown and Grell.

95ky138.png

"The Assassin Class never was the leader type, unless you're Empress Wu," Jack says. "Our decision isn't a very consistent one, since both choices are... equal in a sense. Where do you propose we go?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @dark

@BarrenThin @Sen @Yun Lee

"...You too?" Seishin had caught a glimpse of the scars along Simon's wrist, and muttered this quietly. Glancing up at the man curiously, he crossed his arms. He was going to say something else until the banging was back and a man called Grundy came out of the wall. Knife at his side he cautiously stepped back, glancing to the rest in their group.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Verite @Kaykay @dark @Minerva @Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Darkseide @Josh M @Station
Chapter 2 – Castaways

It appeared that no kind words would placate the monster called Grundy. With a roar and a mad bull, he charged at the group causing them to scramble to safety.

Most of the group made it into the larger tunnel into safety but the damage from Grundy's attack had been sever killing off a number of them in his rampage, Tarlotte being one of them. As the group ran for dear life the tunnel above them started to cave in.

Luckily it appeared that they were nearing an exit as there was light at the end of the tunnel.

The final people managed to slip through as the tunnel behind them was filled with rubble. If Grundy was coming after them it would take him quite some time to get through.

Instead you would hear the crashing of the waves. It appeared you had come out at the seashore. While the main shoreline didn't seem to offer up any interesting but further down however you were met with something peculiar.

Duke.jpg

A derelict cruise ship was laying next to the shoreline. Perhaps that would be their next destination?

Meanwhile up in the space station Chucky would wake up inside his pod. As he got up he'd bump his head on the pod, huh, he somehow felt…taller? Looking in the pod door he'd see his reflection.

latest

He was human again.

Cast list:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Rottytops
@BarrenThin as Vlad Von Carstein
@Bomb as Kuro
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Trevor Belmont
@dark as Delsin Rowe
@Darkseide as William 'Penny' Adiyoi
@EternalInfinity as Kel'thuzad
@Gummi Bunnies as Kyle Knock
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as King
@Kaykay as Numahime Tenma
@Khan of the Mardu as Akira Kurusu
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Makoto Niijima
@Lissamel as Sammy Lawrence
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Theo Raeken
@Minerva as Yuri
@Otto as Varus
@Sen as Saeran Choi
@Takumi as Seishin Muroi
@ThatAverageGuy as The Devil
@thatguyinthestore as Chucky
@York as Simon Henriksson
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff​
"Trust me, a break would be nice, but we're out in the open here and we really don't know what's going to come at us next...or who will die." Grundy's rampage had utterly deflated Sherry getting ready to just slump down in defeat. But they had to push on. "Let's get to that ship and see what that's all about."

"T-Thank you." The scientist replied slightly flustered. "I-I'm Clint. Clint Tucker by the way." He pondered on her question before answering. "The o-only way for y-you to help the others is to s-shut down the main power. T-That will bascially soft reset the pods and g-get them out with out killing them...f-for real."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb
1453807036-0.jpg

The crack in the ships exterior seemed to open right into the ships atrium. If they were expecting a lush spectacle then they would have to be disappointed as it looked as drab and eerie on the inside as it did on the outside.

The floor downstairs seemed to lead to a huge open area where there seemed to have been shops and restaurants, while the flaky looking stairs leading up seemed to be where the cabins where.

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @CruiseShip
Theo Raeken

tumblr_nvb6czZkaW1ut51byo3_400.gif

Theo had the hugest fucking grin on his face when Deslin agreed with him and wanted to stay with him. " Thanks for having my back, perhaps we should check out one of the stores...." he said.

@dark

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @CruiseShip
tumblr_nk6zj786yl1rmfzd9o3_400.gif

"No problem, Theo. I was thinking the shops might have something useful in one of the broken down shops.

@LuckycoolHawk9

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @CruiseShip
"Very well then," Jack sighed as she nodded towards Theo. "Best to keep to your promise if you do not desire dismemberment, specifically from us."

Jack thinks through the two possibilities.

"Up is where people claim their cabins. Presumably, at least one person would have a leftover diary. Down is... well... shops. Probably nothing edible in restaurants."

She turns to Vlad, Unknown and Grell.

95ky138.png

"The Assassin Class never was the leader type, unless you're Empress Wu," Jack says. "Our decision isn't a very consistent one, since both choices are... equal in a sense. Where do you propose we go?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @dark

@BarrenThin @Sen @Yun Lee
Simon Henriksson
@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @Jeremi
@CruiseShip

Simon unfortunately did not have too much time to really talk with Seishin, as Grundy's inevitable rampage... Evidently ignoring Simon's efforts to distract him. Ultimately, this culminated in him and the others rushing out towards some unknown area... Until at last, they ended up at some sort of... Beach.

Losing yet another person along the way though, seemed to have left a rather nasty feeling behind... A pang of guilt, followed by a deep sense of regret. Nonetheless, he too decided to head to the ship with the others. However, surveying his surroundings, and weighing his options, Simon eventually decided to speak up, seeing that the others were having trouble deciding.

"Maybe... The restaurants and stores? There must be something useful there, right?" He said, frowning a little.

Admittedly, he did sort of wonder if there was still any food left (in good condition anyways), or perhaps something still drinkable. They could probably all use a small break, after all that had happened, presuming this place would allow them one in the first place...​

1453807036-0.jpg

"Flaky stairs in an abandoned ship...that sounds like fun, doesn't it?"

Taking a few relatively cautious steps to test the stairs' structural integrity, Numahime would continue up the stairs if they seemed to at least support her going up them.

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @CruiseShip​

Theo Raeken

" I think the shops might be a good place to start. Also, Jack, I promise to deliver on a weapon or the knife- whichever I feel is better for you and more beneficial to me. Right now, it is my only defense. But we should be careful. There are probably traps all around this place."

@dark @York @Jeremi @Downstairs

images

Traps? Yeah, like usual. It seems like everywhere we go these days has these.

Delsin was slightly more calm than usual.

He still had his knife nearby just in case.

At least we won't have to worry about Blue Light Specials. Might be some clean ups on the aisles, but not much else to worry about. Yes, Penny didn't have much to say about checking the stores

@LuckycoolHawk9

Simon Henriksson
@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @Jeremi
@CruiseShip

Simon unfortunately did not have too much time to really talk with Seishin, as Grundy's inevitable rampage... Evidently ignoring Simon's efforts to distract him. Ultimately, this culminated in him and the others rushing out towards some unknown area... Until at last, they ended up at some sort of... Beach.

Losing yet another person along the way though, seemed to have left a rather nasty feeling behind... A pang of guilt, followed by a deep sense of regret. Nonetheless, he too decided to head to the ship with the others. However, surveying his surroundings, and weighing his options, Simon eventually decided to speak up, seeing that the others were having trouble deciding.

"Maybe... The restaurants and stores? There must be something useful there, right?" He said, frowning a little.

Admittedly, he did sort of wonder if there was still any food left (in good condition anyways), or perhaps something still drinkable. They could probably all use a small break, after all that had happened, presuming this place would allow them one in the first place...​

Theo Raeken

" I think the shops might be a good place to start. Also, Jack, I promise to deliver on a weapon or the knife- whichever I feel is better for you and more beneficial to me. Right now, it is my only defense. But we should be careful. There are probably traps all around this place."

images

Traps? Yeah, like usual. It seems like everywhere we go these days has these.

Delsin was slightly more calm than usual.

He still had his knife nearby just in case.

At least we won't have to worry about Blue Light Specials. Might be some clean ups on the aisles, but not much else to worry about. Yes, Penny didn't have much to say about checking the stores

@LuckycoolHawk9

"I guess it's worth looking into." Seishin shrugged, knife in hand in case he may need it. He unfortunately didn't have much time to get a response or elaborate on his comment back before Grundy attacked. He wouldn't have elaborated unless asked to anyway, and now really all they could do was press on until they hopefully reach an ende of some sort and could return home.

@Jeremi @York @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @CruiseShip

For those heading down they'd find the restaurant and store area to be in utter disarray. Even so for those investigating the restaurant would notice that all the tables had everything set up as well as rotten food. You could tell that whatever happened here had happened fast.

However had this ship been attacked...where were the corpses?

Meanwhile in the store area despite the decay it appeared the stereo system for some reason was still functioning despite it all. Just one play button away from coming back to life.

Sherry had stayed near the entrance burning a hole in the stairs leading to the cabin. Finally she started her ascent with easy steps. While the steps creaked bellow her it seemed that they were holding for the time being.

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @LuckycoolHawk9

"Well hurry and give us the damn instructions! We don't have all fuckin' day!" Chucky shouted, honestly wanting to get out of here so he could return home as soon as possible.

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb

"U-uh right." Clint replied before handing over a card to Queen. "T-this will give you access to the e-entire ship, once outside of this room t-there's a elevator. Take it down to B2 a-and contact me when you're there." He proceeded to hand her a earpiece. "I-I can talk to you if you use that. J-Just be really careful. There monsters...the monsters are everywhere."

For those heading down they'd find the restaurant and store area to be in utter disarray. Even so for those investigating the restaurant would notice that all the tables had everything set up as well as rotten food. You could tell that whatever happened here had happened fast.

Meanwhile in the store area despite the decay it appeared the stereo system for some reason was still functioning despite it all. Just one play button away from coming back to life.

Sherry had stayed near the entrance burning a hole in the stairs leading to the cabin. Finally she started her ascent with easy steps. While the steps creaked bellow her it seemed that they were holding for the time being.

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @LuckycoolHawk9

"U-uh right." Clint replied before handing over a card to Queen. "T-this will give you access to the e-entire ship, once outside of this room t-there's a elevator. Take it down to B2 a-and contact me when you're there." He proceeded to hand her a earpiece. "I-I can talk to you if you use that. J-Just be really careful. There monsters...the monsters are everywhere."

"Well let's get goin'!" Chucky shouted to the others as he began to walk away towards the location which Clint was talking to.

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb

P5AYfsh.jpg

"Well, what are the odds of stereo mimics?" Jack drops a line as she presses the play button.

"How long were these people gone? And we don't think that there's any evidence of evacuation... is there?"

@Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @LuckycoolHawk9

P5AYfsh.jpg

"Well, what are the odds of stereo mimics?" Jack drops a line as she presses the play button.

"How long were these people gone? And we don't think that there's any evidence of evacuation... is there?"

@Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @LuckycoolHawk9

The moment Jack pressed the play button an infernal music beat started playing through the entire area. Any attempt to try and shut it off would be for naught and the song continued to play on a continous loop through out the lower area of the ship.​

1453807036-0.jpg

P5AYfsh.jpg

The moment Jack pressed the play button an infernal music beat started playing through the entire area. Any attempt to try and shut it off would be for naught and the song continued to play on a continous loop through out the lower area of the ship.​

The ship...Well, appeared to be just that. Sammy couldn't claim he expected any less. On the plus, it certainly seemed drier than Sammy would have anticipated, which was a nice sort of surprise for the prophet.

The general flow of people seemed to be going downwards, and Sammy followed behind. Below there were restaurants and stores, neither of which appealed to Sammy on a base level (he didn't particularly eat much and what use would he have for souvenirs?), but he supposed he could...

What. Was. That.

That infernal racket, that noise, drumming in his head like the grinding of gears and the switching of valves and the gurgling of ink. It had a beat behind it, a rhythm certainly, but Sammy Lawrence hesitated to call it music. His fingers curled. He trudged over to the source of this--This din--And found it in the store area, along with Jack, who he could only supposed was the one to summon this...This cacophony.

"What. Is this. Noise!?" His tone, usually heavy and sincere as though he was preaching most every word, was now unfathomably irritated. "Make it stop, end it, turn it off--How is one supposed to think--Supposed to function--With this sort of noise!?"

Well, if there was something to be said for the 'song' the stereo was playing, it's that it seemed to trigger some long-repressed part of the former music director inside of Sammy. Still, if an eternally-grinning Bendy mask could somehow glare at the stereo, it definitely would be.

[ @Crow @Whoever else @STORE AREA ]​

From the sight of the rotten food, whatever had happeend had happened quite some time ago it seemed, though if there were no sign of corpses then where?...

The radio turning on caused the former monk to jump, slightly startled. Releasing a small exasperated sigh he went and glanced at the stereo. The fact that it was still in tact, though it didn't seem like there was a way to turn it off made Seishin bristle a bit. Plus the fact the music coming from it would likely grow on one's nerves fast.

@Jeremi @York @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @CruiseShip

Theo Raeken

Well, that was annoying on so many different levels. Theo went to examine the stereo to see if there was a skip button on it. He also looked for a weapon of some sort to destroy it if there was no skip button. He didn't exactly want to attract any unwanted attention.

@Jeremi @York @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @CruiseShip

No matter how much pressing of buttons, smashing it with a weapon or anything in between, the music would continue playing through out the area, as if it was vibrating through the ship itself.

306E5ACE00000578-3409776-image-a-144_1453388525628.jpg

For those that investigated the area some more they'd find that the stern of the ship looked even worse than the middle part. Debris was scattered all over and the floor looked even more unsafe. For some reason however a glass wall surrounded by a heavily ornate frame seemed to be intact. Give or take a few cracks.​

@LuckycoolHawk9 @York @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @CruiseShip

Numahime started her own ascent up the stairs once they seemed to be holding.

"Guess it's just you and me then," she said to Sherry.

@Jeremi