Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

Chapter 2 – Castaways

It appeared that no kind words would placate the monster called Grundy. With a roar and a mad bull, he charged at the group causing them to scramble to safety.

Most of the group made it into the larger tunnel into safety but the damage from Grundy's attack had been sever killing off a number of them in his rampage, Tarlotte being one of them. As the group ran for dear life the tunnel above them started to cave in.

Luckily it appeared that they were nearing an exit as there was light at the end of the tunnel.

The final people managed to slip through as the tunnel behind them was filled with rubble. If Grundy was coming after them it would take him quite some time to get through.

Instead you would hear the crashing of the waves. It appeared you had come out at the seashore. While the main shoreline didn't seem to offer up any interesting but further down however you were met with something peculiar.

Duke.jpg

A derelict cruise ship was laying next to the shoreline. Perhaps that would be their next destination?

Meanwhile up in the space station Chucky would wake up inside his pod. As he got up he'd bump his head on the pod, huh, he somehow felt…taller? Looking in the pod door he'd see his reflection.

latest

He was human again.

Cast list:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Rottytops
@BarrenThin as Vlad Von Carstein
@Bomb as Kuro
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Trevor Belmont
@dark as Delsin Rowe
@Darkseide as William 'Penny' Adiyoi
@EternalInfinity as Kel'thuzad
@Gummi Bunnies as Kyle Knock
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as King
@Kaykay as Numahime Tenma
@Khan of the Mardu as Akira Kurusu
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Makoto Niijima
@Lissamel as Sammy Lawrence
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Theo Raeken
@Minerva as Yuri
@Otto as Varus
@Sen as Saeran Choi
@Takumi as Seishin Muroi
@ThatAverageGuy as The Devil
@thatguyinthestore as Chucky
@York as Simon Henriksson
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff​

When Chucky awoke in the pod as Charles Lee Ray instead of Chucky, the former killer doll's first reaction was one of shock. Did Vlad go through with their deal despite him dying? Had someone preformed the spell?

So many questions, so little time.

Chucky soon stepped out of the pod and, well, let out his trademark laugh.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, ain't that a fucking bitch?! I'm human again and all I had to do was fucking die!" Chucky exclaimed before looking down at his fists, unballing and balling them repeatedly to get a good feel of his former body.

"Chucky's back, bitches."

@Jeremi @Bmob @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Ah, so you didn't have to sacrifice a child, just the doll? Seems a little convenient, but all right then."

Joker snapped with a deadpan expression as he heard Chucky's voice, still flipping his dagger up and down, "Quick and dirty explanation? Apparently we all signed up for a VR hot spas trip on this space station, only for another experiment in this place to open a portal to hell and trap us in a nightmarish simulation. Oh, and there are demons running about, and we can get the others out or escape without basically fighting or sneaking past them."

"So yeah, nice luck getting your body back, but bad luck still being on this station."

Hearing yet another pod open, Makoto would turn around to look. She didn't recognize the sight of this man who would exit his pod, but immediately recognized him when he would laugh. She frowned deeply. Of all the people to join them first, it had to be this guy? Great. "Uh, welcome, I guess," Queen greeted half-heartedly. "I do hope you'll be cooperative with us. As Joker just said, there are demons here and I really feel like we should all be careful and not... bicker or fight with one another."

The girl once more turned back to the man they had been talking to. "It really is okay. Just tell us what we can do to help. You don't have to be nervous around us. We really do just want to assist you in any way we can."

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Bmob @Jeremi

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
When Chucky awoke in the pod as Charles Lee Ray instead of Chucky, the former killer doll's first reaction was one of shock. Did Vlad go through with their deal despite him dying? Had someone preformed the spell?

So many questions, so little time.

Chucky soon stepped out of the pod and, well, let out his trademark laugh.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh, ain't that a fucking bitch?! I'm human again and all I had to do was fucking die!" Chucky exclaimed before looking down at his fists, unballing and balling them repeatedly to get a good feel of his former body.

"Chucky's back, bitches."

mimikyubusted.png

Who was this guy?
Hearing yet another pod open, Makoto would turn around to look. She didn't recognize the sight of this man who would exit his pod, but immediately recognized him when he would laugh. She frowned deeply. Of all the people to join them first, it had to be this guy? Great. "Uh, welcome, I guess," Queen greeted half-heartedly. "I do hope you'll be cooperative with us. As Joker just said, there are demons here and I really feel like we should all be careful and not... bicker or fight with one another."

The girl once more turned back to the man they had been talking to. "It really is okay. Just tell us what we can do to help. You don't have to be nervous around us. We really do just want to assist you in any way we can."

Meanwhile, Kuro was just... checking around, doing nothing else but not being really concerned with what the man said about the monsters and demons or whatever.

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Awww... we kind of like this weapon... it's sharpness is so pretty... but if it's a case of compatability, we could trade it for a knife. A weapon compatible with her for a weapon compatible with us. Sounds fair."

Before anything could continue, Grundy went even more berserk and all had to make a run for it.

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9

D9stcpZ.jpg

"Dark and misty is lovely, but a little summer sun and the beach never hurt anybody," Jack seemed relax as she sat on a rock with what appeared to be a different outfit for the bright beach occasion, however that happened.

Anyhow, Jack looked into the horizon, identifying a cruise ship of sorts. Her relaxation was short-lived as she put Ethan's overcoat back on, preparing to journey on.

nyVmAVd.jpg

"Let us guess - no time for breaks?"

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Jeremi @beachboiz​

"Trust me, a break would be nice, but we're out in the open here and we really don't know what's going to come at us next...or who will die." Grundy's rampage had utterly deflated Sherry getting ready to just slump down in defeat. But they had to push on. "Let's get to that ship and see what that's all about."

"T-Thank you." The scientist replied slightly flustered. "I-I'm Clint. Clint Tucker by the way." He pondered on her question before answering. "The o-only way for y-you to help the others is to s-shut down the main power. T-That will bascially soft reset the pods and g-get them out with out killing them...f-for real."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb

"Ah, so you didn't have to sacrifice a child, just the doll? Seems a little convenient, but all right then."

Joker snapped with a deadpan expression as he heard Chucky's voice, still flipping his dagger up and down, "Quick and dirty explanation? Apparently we all signed up for a VR hot spas trip on this space station, only for another experiment in this place to open a portal to hell and trap us in a nightmarish simulation. Oh, and there are demons running about, and we can get the others out or escape without basically fighting or sneaking past them."

"So yeah, nice luck getting your body back, but bad luck still being on this station."

"Well, I've been to hell before, so that wasn't nothin. Fuckers in our own group killed me." Chucky replied with a scoff as he placed his newly found flesh hands on his hips.

"No promises, toots." Chucky replied with a smirk, though in reality he really had no motivation to kill these people. After all, he still hadn't gotten his deal with Vlad yet, despite now inhabiting his original body.
"Trust me, a break would be nice, but we're out in the open here and we really don't know what's going to come at us next...or who will die." Grundy's rampage had utterly deflated Sherry getting ready to just slump down in defeat. But they had to push on. "Let's get to that ship and see what that's all about."

"T-Thank you." The scientist replied slightly flustered. "I-I'm Clint. Clint Tucker by the way." He pondered on her question before answering. "The o-only way for y-you to help the others is to s-shut down the main power. T-That will bascially soft reset the pods and g-get them out with out killing them...f-for real."

"Jesus, Cunt over here's a grade a pussy, ain't he?" The serial killer asked as he glanced over to Clint, purposefully mispronouncing his name as "Cunt."

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takumi
Chapter 2 – Castaways

It appeared that no kind words would placate the monster called Grundy. With a roar and a mad bull, he charged at the group causing them to scramble to safety.

Most of the group made it into the larger tunnel into safety but the damage from Grundy's attack had been sever killing off a number of them in his rampage, Tarlotte being one of them. As the group ran for dear life the tunnel above them started to cave in.

Luckily it appeared that they were nearing an exit as there was light at the end of the tunnel.

The final people managed to slip through as the tunnel behind them was filled with rubble. If Grundy was coming after them it would take him quite some time to get through.

Instead you would hear the crashing of the waves. It appeared you had come out at the seashore. While the main shoreline didn't seem to offer up any interesting but further down however you were met with something peculiar.

Duke.jpg

A derelict cruise ship was laying next to the shoreline. Perhaps that would be their next destination?

Meanwhile up in the space station Chucky would wake up inside his pod. As he got up he'd bump his head on the pod, huh, he somehow felt…taller? Looking in the pod door he'd see his reflection.

latest

He was human again.

Cast list:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Rottytops
@BarrenThin as Vlad Von Carstein
@Bomb as Kuro
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Trevor Belmont
@dark as Delsin Rowe
@Darkseide as William 'Penny' Adiyoi
@EternalInfinity as Kel'thuzad
@Gummi Bunnies as Kyle Knock
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as King
@Kaykay as Numahime Tenma
@Khan of the Mardu as Akira Kurusu
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Makoto Niijima
@Lissamel as Sammy Lawrence
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Theo Raeken
@Minerva as Yuri
@Otto as Varus
@Sen as Saeran Choi
@Takumi as Seishin Muroi
@ThatAverageGuy as The Devil
@thatguyinthestore as Chucky
@York as Simon Henriksson
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff​

tumblr_mo9eq5ZgaK1s8j0yco1_500.gif

Delsin looked over at Sherry and said "Let's go, I rather not wait for whatever's out here."

With that, Delsin agreed with Sherry to go discover the ship.

@Jeremi

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @BeachPeople

Seishin followed those headed towards the boat. That whole scenario with Grundy went as well as they should of expect. At least they only lost one of their own from that.

@Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @Beach @Anybody I missed

Theo Raeken

Theo noticed that they had lost Tarlotte, but he was too busy trying to figure how to address what he had just done. How exactly had he just killed the doll? Was it lucky- would it come back to bite him later? He hoped not. There was also the issue of kissing both- hey, maybe if he ignored the problem- it would go away. That's how problems worked- right? He looked over at Deslin. " That sounds good to me, I will head with you." He hadn't put Grell down- hopefully he would remember to do that later.

@Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee ]@Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @Takumi @Beach @Anybody I missed

Theo Raeken

Theo noticed that they had lost Tarlotte, but he was too busy trying to figure how to address what he had just done. How exactly had he just killed the doll? Was it lucky- would it come back to bite him later? He hoped not. There was also the issue of kissing both- hey, maybe if he ignored the problem- it would go away. That's how problems worked- right? He looked over at Deslin. " That sounds good to me, I will head with you." He hadn't put Grell down- hopefully he would remember to do that later.

@Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee ]@Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @Takumi @Beach @Anybody I missed
original.gif

Delsin had finally noticed another group member was gone, namely Tarlotte.

But he took the time to eye the other parts of the group left, partly no Chucky.

"Hey, Theo, thanks for killing chucky."

tumblr_o9ys3pNN4P1qbqjnzo2_500.gif

"That... uh thing, earlier, Theo? I'm not sure what to say to that. But let's say I'll take that as a compliment."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Theo also noticed that a few other were missing, oh and Tarlotte was dead. Also, it looked like the hot dad, the American gentleman and the weird wrestler were dead or at least missing.

That was two cats dead. Stiles probably would have made a bad pun here- calling it a catastrophe.

" You are welcome for killing him. He was getting on my nerves." He wasn't about to mention that it felt good to kill someone, to make sure they were dead. He hadn't felt the rush since he murdered Scott and it felt good.

" Okay, thanks for not being weird about it." He didn't comment much more or directly reference what he was talking about.

@dark

@Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Beach @Anybody I missed

mimikyubusted.png

Who was this guy?

Meanwhile, Kuro was just... checking around, doing nothing else but not being really concerned with what the man said about the monsters and demons or whatever.

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Well, I've been to hell before, so that wasn't nothin. Fuckers in our own group killed me." Chucky replied with a scoff as he placed his newly found flesh hands on his hips.

"No promises, toots." Chucky replied with a smirk, though in reality he really had no motivation to kill these people. After all, he still hadn't gotten his deal with Vlad yet, despite now inhabiting his original body.

"Jesus, Cunt over here's a grade a pussy, ain't he?" The serial killer asked as he glanced over to Clint, purposefully mispronouncing his name as "Cunt."

When the man would introduce himself, Makoto took the liberty of doing the same. "You can call me Queen and my partner here is Joker," she said, gesturing to him. "We also have Kuro," she added gesturing to the small pokémon, "and... Chucky." Although the last name she spoke was with hesitation she managed to introduce their entire group. "Be nice!" she snapped back at Chucky before once again glancing to Clint. "I'm sorry about him. Anyhow, if you just direct us where to go and how to do it, we'd be happy to help you with shutting down the main power."

Queen frowned after speaking to Clint, just realizing what Chucky had said about the group killing him. "To be honest, that isn't surprising after how many enemies you made." Chucky had probably deserved it. Still, she wished they wouldn't have 'killed' him and sent the serial killer to be with them. Now they would be the ones who would have to deal with him. Makoto really hoped this guy would behave himself.

@Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi

Theo also noticed that a few other were missing, oh and Tarlotte was dead. Also, it looked like the hot dad, the American gentleman and the weird wrestler were dead or at least missing.

That was two cats dead. Stiles probably would have made a bad pun here- calling it a catastrophe.

" You are welcome for killing him. He was getting on my nerves." He wasn't about to mention that it felt good to kill someone, to make sure they were dead. He hadn't felt the rush since he murdered Scott and it felt good.

" Okay, thanks for not being weird about it." He didn't comment much more or directly reference what he was talking about.

Well, Penny was bummed. His source of entertainment was dead, leaving him with... everyone else. Fun. Well, this was a disaster... We're down a few people, and one of them was supposed to keep me highly entertained the entire time... I guess I'll have to find someone else to keep me amused...

@LuckycoolHawk9

tumblr_mo9eq5ZgaK1s8j0yco1_500.gif

Delsin looked over at Sherry and said "Let's go, I rather not wait for whatever's out here."

With that, Delsin agreed with Sherry to go discover the ship.

@Jeremi

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @BeachPeople

As they came closer to the ship they'd notice that the ship had a huge gash on the side...like something had attacked it. Whatever it was though it seemed that you could make your way inside through the opening.

When the man would introduce himself, Makoto took the liberty of doing the same. "You can call me Queen and my partner here is Joker," she said, gesturing to him. "We also have Kuro," she added gesturing to the small pokémon, "and... Chucky." Although the last name she spoke was with hesitation she managed to introduce their entire group. "Be nice!" she snapped back at Chucky before once again glancing to Clint. "I'm sorry about him. Anyhow, if you just direct us where to go and how to do it, we'd be happy to help you with shutting down the main power."

Queen frowned after speaking to Clint, just realizing what Chucky had said about the group killing him. "To be honest, that isn't surprising after how many enemies you made." Chucky had probably deserved it. Still, she wished they wouldn't have 'killed' him and sent the serial killer to be with them. Now they would be the ones who would have to deal with him. Makoto really hoped this guy would behave himself.

@Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi

Clint had been too intemidated by Chucky to respond to him and was happy for Queen to address him. "W-Well the main power supply is i-in the lower levels of the station. I-If you think you can survive I'll g-give you instructions on how to get there."

@Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Theo Raeken

Theo rolled his eyes and looked over at him. " This isn't some game where you should be entertained by us. Maybe instead on focusing on your own amusement, you should focus on surviving. That would be more advisable," he replied, finding Penny just a bit more annoying, though murdering him would be frowned upon.

Theo looked over at the gash on the ship's side and took a deep breath. " I'm guessing that our next monster friend caused that, might as well see what is inside... though, we should be careful. Who knows what traps are in here."

@dark @Jeremi @Darkseide

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Sen @Lissamel @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @BeachPeople

He was gone.

Just like that, he was gone. After she had gone out of her way to save him from Vlad's wrath, after fighting that filthy doll and earning a knife in the leg for it...it didn't matter, in the end. And Bray and Robert were also caught in the crossfire. Though odd, Bray did help her, and Robert was a decent enough fellow, despite his scruffy appearance. And just like that, all three of them were dead and gone.

Grell didn't know how to feel. There were no Grim Reapers in this place, so...what became of them all? Had they the chance to move on to something better? Or were they just gone, their lives forgotten forever? She didn't know. But she did know now why becoming a Grim Reaper was pubishment for suicide. Other people, good people, died by means they couldn't control, and you had to sit there and watch. Grell couldn't feel emotional connections like others could...but with Ethan, maybe she was starting to.

But he was gone. It was time to move on.

She had been carried by that Theo boy, the one who started kissing everyone, and she was in no mood for him-jailbait wasn't her type at all. "You can put me down now, dear. I'll walk." It would probably hurt, but it was time to be herself again. No silly emotions to hold her down, and no one coming to her rescue, either.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Theo Raeken

" Sure, if that is what you want," he said, placing her down for now. It wasn't like there were other things he could do to make it better. If she wanted to walk, it was her funeral. " Jack, the scythe to Miss Grell if you please," he said to the one who had been carrying it.

@Yun Lee @Crow

He was gone.

Just like that, he was gone. After she had gone out of her way to save him from Vlad's wrath, after fighting that filthy doll and earning a knife in the leg for it...it didn't matter, in the end. And Bray and Robert were also caught in the crossfire. Though odd, Bray did help her, and Robert was a decent enough fellow, despite his scruffy appearance. And just like that, all three of them were dead and gone.

Grell didn't know how to feel. There were no Grim Reapers in this place, so...what became of them all? Had they the chance to move on to something better? Or were they just gone, their lives forgotten forever? She didn't know. But she did know now why becoming a Grim Reaper was pubishment for suicide. Other people, good people, died by means they couldn't control, and you had to sit there and watch. Grell couldn't feel emotional connections like others could...but with Ethan, maybe she was starting to.

But he was gone. It was time to move on.

She had been carried by that Theo boy, the one who started kissing everyone, and she was in no mood for him-jailbait wasn't her type at all. "You can put me down now, dear. I'll walk." It would probably hurt, but it was time to be herself again. No silly emotions to hold her down, and no one coming to her rescue, either.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Vlad watched Grell with a twinge of sympathy. The vampire wasn't heartless. I mean, he was, but, figuratively, he wasn't. Ethan had attacked his ally, but a calm Vlad didn't see the need for any of them to die. His temper had gotten away from him yet again. Perhaps if he'd stayed calm, Chucky and the others would still be alive. His pride won out, and the King of Sylvania approached with his head bowed humbly. "Mistress Grell... You need not give me the scythe from your home. I owe you a debt more than you owe me. Allow me to accompany you... To make up for the loss of your friend."

@Yun Lee

As they came closer to the ship they'd notice that the ship had a huge gash on the side...like something had attacked it. Whatever it was though it seemed that you could make your way inside through the opening.

Clint had been too intemidated by Chucky to respond to him and was happy for Queen to address him. "W-Well the main power supply is i-in the lower levels of the station. I-If you think you can survive I'll g-give you instructions on how to get there."

Theo Raeken

" Sure, if that is what you want," he said, placing her down for now. It wasn't like there were other things he could do to make it better. If she wanted to walk, it was her funeral. " Jack, the scythe to Miss Grell if you please," he said to the one who had been carrying it.

@Yun Lee @Crow

Vlad watched Grell with a twinge of sympathy. The vampire wasn't heartless. I mean, he was, but, figuratively, he wasn't. Ethan had attacked his ally, but a calm Vlad didn't see the need for any of them to die. His temper had gotten away from him yet again. Perhaps if he'd stayed calm, Chucky and the others would still be alive. His pride won out, and the King of Sylvania approached with his head bowed humbly. "Mistress Grell... You need not give me the scythe from your home. I owe you a debt more than you owe me. Allow me to accompany you... To make up for the loss of your friend."

@Yun Lee

"A knife for our scythe, if that is the case," Jack grinned as she passed the scythe to Grell in response to Theo's words.

"Anyways, let's head in first. The one with the light is the one who leads the way," Jack suggests.

@Yun Lee @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @beachboiz​

1453807036-0.jpg

The crack in the ships exterior seemed to open right into the ships atrium. If they were expecting a lush spectacle then they would have to be disappointed as it looked as drab and eerie on the inside as it did on the outside.

The floor downstairs seemed to lead to a huge open area where there seemed to have been shops and restaurants, while the flaky looking stairs leading up seemed to be where the cabins where.

You could tell that during its heyday it had been a rather impressive vessel.​

@Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @Lissamel @Darkseide @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Otto @Minerva @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @CruiseShip

"Well hurry and give us the damn instructions! We don't have all fuckin' day!" Chucky shouted, honestly wanting to get out of here so he could return home as soon as possible.

Theo Raeken

" You can keep the knife and I will give the next weapon I find. Unlike the others, I need this knife for now, but you can keep Chucky's knife. It seems that we have two options. We could explore down here or we could go upstairs. I personally don't trust that staircase to not collapse, so I am staying down here," he said. He hoped Deslin would stay with him.