Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

Yamashiro was free to join the rest of the group. "All eyes are on Talon, once again! Funny how that keeps happening, huh?"

When he rolled the lowest number possible, Yusuke paled, feeling his heart stop in his chest and heat rise into his face. He grabbed the sides of his face dramatically and cursed. Although he was know to be a bit dramatic, and sometimes over silly things, this time he had every right to be worried.

qmiivmr.jpg

"I'm done for," he whispered, shocked. He had witnessed so many deaths already, but it had never really sunk in until now that he could be one of the next to go. His dice roll had changed everything.

With stalled breathing, he eventually dropped his hands down. He was white as a ghost and his arms shook. The boy knew in the back of his mind that there was a chance someone else could roll a one and he might not die, but he was blindsided with negative emotion.

His thoughts momentarily drifted back to his friends at home. Would they notice he was gone? Would it bother them? Would... his sensei care?

Yusuke cursed again, feeling weak for bringing thoughts of that man into his head. But he couldn't help it that he sought comfort in thoughts of the man who raised him, thoughts of familiar things.

He would be shaken from his thoughts, after a moment, when their group would disembark from the coasters. He fell onto his knees at first instead of walking away, but eventually stood back up again and walked over to Alesha. Mechanically, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper. It was the sketch he had drawn of her. He placed it in her hands. If she would unfold it, Alesha would see Yusuke had also given her the #5 ticket that Risky had given him.

"You need to win," he said, putting on a brave face. He didn't want to give up, but he had to face facts that the odds of him surviving were very low. "I believe in you," he added before glancing to wherever Hiyori was. "Please watch over Hiyori-san. I promised Yato-sama that I would, but..."

sLI11Sr.jpg

The teen anxiously adjusted the collar of his shirt. "...I can't keep his promise," he whispered, his voice breaking. He had failed.

It wasn't the only promise he would be breaking either.

"I told him... I would capture his smile in my art one day... but I'll never again lay hands on a paint brush," he muttered, this time speaking to himself.

I'm sorry, Akira.

All I wanted was to paint. That's... all I wanted.

@Khan of the Mardu
It was always a difficult night when a close companion passed on, whether in glorious battle or in the quiet peace of night.

The khan could not claim to have lost many close to her in life. For many years, she had kept herself distant from the other warriors of her tribe, afraid of being judged for her identity, afraid of being pushed away as an outcast. She had been alone for so long, her mother and father attempting to help her accept the false reality, while her grandmother had given her the support to refuse it. It wasn't until the boy had declared himself to be her at the age of sixteen that she became open to companionship with others, and it was always a fight to gain acceptance even then.

The last time she had spent a long night of mourning was when the originator of her name had passed peacefully in the night, a legacy of warriorhood and strength to her name. As she watched the flames of the funeral pyre burn that evening, long past the time the sun set and began to rise once again, tears drying on her cheeks, that had been when she had made her vow to carry her name from then on.

Now as another long night approached, she wasn't certain how to react. One of her first true friends...

"Yusuke... I will, but do something for me, my friend..."

Pocketing the ticket with a shaking hand, Alesha drew in a breath... and then stepped forward, arms moving to encircle the young man close to her heart, "Do not face death with fear, my friend. That is not the way I wish to see an artist go today... perhaps wherever you go, the spirits shall ensure that you have new canvases to paint."

Risky's silence wouldn't last long, however, as soon the closet door would be opened by a certain tyke.

180px-Bowser_jr_colouring_book.png

"Who are you?!" Bowser Jr shouted as he pointed an accusing finger at the pirate. He had originally looked into the closet to find toys because he none of his "babysitters" were paying attention, but he found a weird pirate lady instead!

Understandably, Bowser Jr was the victim in this circumstance.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Takumi @York @Mason Moretti @Afterlife

With little time to react, let alone save herself a fall, Risky Boots snapped alert and helplessly flailed in her attempt to regardless. She failed near instantly, and tumbled backward with the opening door, falling flat on her back before the curious koopa kid. Her skull was the last thing of hers to hit the ground, and it did so with a dull thok. Grumbling, Risky held her head up to rub the point of impact, only to freeze upon realizing something. "Where's my bandanna?!" the pirate barked, snapping upright to peer into the storage closet, then all around her to make eye-contact with Junior. "You-...look familiar,"

@thatguyinthestore @Afterlife

@Yun Lee @Takumi @York @Mason Moretti

It was always a difficult night when a close companion passed on, whether in glorious battle or in the quiet peace of night.

The khan could not claim to have lost many close to her in life. For many years, she had kept herself distant from the other warriors of her tribe, afraid of being judged for her identity, afraid of being pushed away as an outcast. She had been alone for so long, her mother and father attempting to help her accept the false reality, while her grandmother had given her the support to refuse it. It wasn't until the boy had declared himself to be her at the age of sixteen that she became open to companionship with others, and it was always a fight to gain acceptance even then.

The last time she had spent a long night of mourning was when the originator of her name had passed peacefully in the night, a legacy of warriorhood and strength to her name. As she watched the flames of the funeral pyre burn that evening, long past the time the sun set and began to rise once again, tears drying on her cheeks, that had been when she had made her vow to carry her name from then on.

Now as another long night approached, she wasn't certain how to react. One of her first true friends...

"Yusuke... I will, but do something for me, my friend..."

Pocketing the ticket with a shaking hand, Alesha drew in a breath... and then stepped forward, arms moving to encircle the young man close to her heart, "Do not face death with fear, my friend. That is not the way I wish to see an artist go today... perhaps wherever you go, the spirits shall ensure that you have new canvases to paint."
pNtqbsR.png

For a moment, Yusuke felt worse when Alesha asked him not to be afraid. The truth of the matter was that fear did exist in him, and he felt sad that he was unable to fully promise a lack of fear to his friend. But, on the other hand, Yusuke had lied to himself for his entire life, shoving down truths he knew to be present in favor of lies. It wouldn't have been difficult for him to lie one last time, to give his friend the words she wanted to hear.

But he couldn't do that.

Yusuke was done lying to himself and others. Instead he reached deep down for a compromise he could give her. He was human and it was only natural that he was afraid of dying, but he could still do his best for Alesha.

"So long as you are okay, I will be as well," he told her, keeping his voice steady. There was nothing more true than that fact.

After speaking this, the boy then reacted to her arms around him, tensing at her touch and left his arms limp at his sides. Even upon knowing he would die, Yusuke still had a hard time reacting well to being embraced due to lack of experiencing it much as a child. Once the initial shock wore off, however, he relaxed and actually found the touch welcoming. It was rare that anyone showed him comfort in such a manner, and it found that it took the edge off his nerves. He hugged her back, smiling sadly when she would suggest that perhaps he still may be able to paint.

UKplaHt.png

"If I find that to be true, my sole regret will be that I cannot share my work with those important to me--my friends from home and you," he stated. "Be well Alesha-san," he began to say pausing to correct himself. "No, Alesha."

"I hope that you will always remember me, as I will you."

He dropped his hands back down to his sides, waiting the inevitable.

@Khan of the Mardu

Last edited by a moderator:
With little time to react, let alone save herself a fall, Risky Boots snapped alert and helplessly flailed in her attempt to regardless. She failed near instantly, and tumbled backward with the opening door, falling flat on her back before the curious koopa kid. Her skull was the last thing of hers to hit the ground, and it did so with a dull thok. Grumbling, Risky held her head up to rub the point of impact, only to freeze upon realizing something. "Where's my bandanna?!" the pirate barked, snapping upright to peer into the storage closet, then all around her to make eye-contact with Junior. "You-...look familiar,"

"That's cause he's the son of Bowser, y'know the unhelpful overgrown lizard." Yato called from where he stood, looking back at where he had been bitten. Luckily it wasn't too deep, but it still hurt a little.

tumblr_inline_nzoeg6Dh1J1r3leyb_100.png

"Wait, do you know how the girl I was with is doing, and the young man she should hanging around?" he asked.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Kentucky @York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

"That's cause he's the son of Bowser, y'know the unhelpful overgrown lizard." Yato called from where he stood, looking back at where he had been bitten. Luckily it wasn't too deep, but it still hurt a little.

"Wait, do you know how the girl I was with is doing, and the young man she should hanging around?" he asked.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Kentucky @York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

Risky Boots' eyes lit up at the explanation, and her lips parted into a wide smile as she came to stand and spin to face Junior properly. "Riiight, the little villain-to-be! The family resemblance is uncanny!" the lady-pirate commented, and bent down to pinch the koopa kid's cheek with a giggle, "A healthy little guy arentcha?~" Risky cooed, then stood straight to address Yato's concerns. A second flash of recognition crossed her expression. "And you-..." The muscles lining her face strained as her smile tried its damndest to grow wider while Risky pumped her fist, looking accomplished.

fx_cine_risky_pose_5.png

"Hah! Oh, I can't wait to rub this in that Yusuke boy's face. You're Yato, aren't you?"

@thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Afterlife

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Risky Boots' eyes lit up at the explanation, and her lips parted into a wide smile as she came to stand and spin to face Junior properly. "Riiight, the little villain-to-be! The family resemblance is uncanny!" the lady-pirate commented, and bent down to pinch the koopa kid's cheek with a giggle, "A healthy little guy arentcha?~" Risky cooed, then stood straight to address Yato's concerns. A second flash of recognition crossed her expression. "And you-..." The muscles lining her face strained as her smile tried its damndest to grow wider while Risky pumped her fist, looking accomplished.

View attachment 146391

"Hah! Oh, I can't wait to rub this in that Yusuke boy's face. You're Yato, aren't you?"

tumblr_inline_nzog4qas921r3leyb_100.png

"Be careful, he bites." the god warned, holding up his injured arm as he did so.

He was surprised when Risky asked him who he was for confirmation. He was confused about what she was getting at though, but replied anyway.

tumblr_inline_nzogllW49g1r3leyb_100.png

"Yeah, I'm Yato." he wasn't quite sure what this had to do with Yusuke or Hiyori, but he could only assume they were holding up relatively okay for now.

Last edited:
Talon
@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @anyone
Beep! Beep! An alarm clock in the control panel went off. "Oooh, time's up!" Runa slammed her hand down on a large golden button. Everyone's coasters would grind to a halt, and she would press another button, which brought up a large projector screen. "Now, here would be the part where I would send off whoever just lost, buuuuuuut we have a couple of ties to settle first!"

The projector now displayed the following:

Rita: 14
Alesha: 13
The Doctor: 13

Yumeko: 11
Shantae: 6
Radec: 6
Ernesti: 6
Yamashiro: 5
Yusuke: 5
Hina: 5
Talon: 5

Tony: 3

"Rita is automatically first place, so she wins the special prize! But I need Alesha and The Doctor to roll a dice to see who wins the other two!" Runa giggled. "You must all feel pretty safe, huh? After all-oh, whoops! It looks like my screen is off! Let me just fix that..."

Runa started looking around her control panel, finally pressing a button. Instead of the projector screen changing, however, a missile shot out and hit Tony Stark, blowing him up upon contact. "Ahhhh, much better!" The screen now changed to:

Rita: 14
Alesha: 13
The Doctor: 13

Yumeko: 11
Shantae: 6
Radec: 6
Ernesti: 6

Yamashiro: 5
Yusuke: 5
Hina: 5
Talon: 5

"Poor Tony...thought he could try to get by without playing the game! But you should all know by now that don't get away with that. So he just had to take a penalty! Ahahaha! And now..."

"Yamashiro, Yusuke, Hina, and Talon...you must all roll a dice to see if you face his fate."

@Jeremi and @Khan of the Mardu must roll a 6-sided dice before 9 pm, pst. Whoever rolls the highest number wins second place!

@Mari , @Klutzy Ninja Kitty , @Kaykay , and @Otto must roll a 6-sided dice before 9 pm, pst. Whoever has the lowest number will die!

I will roll for any tiebreakers/folks who don't roll in time.​
Talon had thought that his survival was guaranteed, seeing how Tony was two points below him. When Tony was eliminated and the remainder were forced to roll a dice to determine their survival, he was disappointed yet again. He had grown to despise gambling; everything was uncertain and unpredictable.

"I've had enough of this coward's game!" He yelled out, breaking his silence.
When he rolled the lowest number possible, Yusuke paled, feeling his heart stop in his chest and heat rise into his face. He grabbed the sides of his face dramatically and cursed. Although he was know to be a bit dramatic, and sometimes over silly things, this time he had every right to be worried.

"I'm done for," he whispered, shocked. He had witnessed so many deaths already, but it had never really sunk in until now that he could be one of the next to go. His dice roll had changed everything.

With stalled breathing, he eventually dropped his hands down. He was white as a ghost and his arms shook. The boy knew in the back of his mind that there was a chance someone else could roll a one and he might not die, but he was blindsided with negative emotion.

His thoughts momentarily drifted back to his friends at home. Would they notice he was gone? Would it bother them? Would... his sensei care?

Yusuke cursed again, feeling weak for bringing thoughts of that man into his head. But he couldn't help it that he sought comfort in thoughts of the man who raised him, thoughts of familiar things.

He would be shaken from his thoughts, after a moment, when their group would disembark from the coasters. He fell onto his knees at first instead of walking away, but eventually stood back up again and walked over to Alesha. Mechanically, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper. It was the sketch he had drawn of her. He placed it in her hands. If she would unfold it, Alesha would see Yusuke had also given her the #5 ticket that Risky had given him.

"You need to win," he said, putting on a brave face. He didn't want to give up, but he had to face facts that the odds of him surviving were very low. "I believe in you," he added before glancing to wherever Hiyori was. "Please watch over Hiyori-san. I promised Yato-sama that I would, but..."

The teen anxiously adjusted the collar of his shirt. "...I can't keep his promise," he whispered, his voice breaking. He had failed.

It wasn't the only promise he would be breaking either.

"I told him... I would capture his smile in my art one day... but I'll never again lay hands on a paint brush," he muttered, this time speaking to himself.

I'm sorry, Akira.

All I wanted was to paint. That's... all I wanted.

@Khan of the Mardu

Yamashiro was free to join the rest of the group. "All eyes are on Talon, once again! Funny how that keeps happening, huh?"

His mood improved considerably when he saw that Yusuke got the lowest score. Smiling, he rolled the dice confidently and said,

"Thanks to him, I get to live another day..."

Boy would he be shocked if he also rolled a one...

He didn't.

Why do the bad guys get all the luck?​

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takumi
Oh, I can't wait to rub this in that Yusuke boy's face.
GneXO3g.png

Yusuke sneezed. : |

@Nobody
Talon
@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @anyone

Talon had thought that his survival was guaranteed, seeing how Tony was two points below him. When Tony was eliminated and the remainder were forced to roll a dice to determine their survival, he was disappointed yet again. He had grown to despise gambling; everything was uncertain and unpredictable.

"I've had enough of this coward's game!" He yelled out, breaking his silence.

His mood improved considerably when he saw that Yusuke got the lowest score. Smiling, he rolled the dice confidently and said,

"Thanks to him, I get to live another day..."

Boy would he be shocked if he also rolled a one...

He didn't.

Why do the bad guys get all the luck?
After removing himself from Alesha's embrace, the teen glanced over his shoulder at Talon--who had finally begun to roll his dice. His gray eyes fixated on him with deep focus until after he had finished. Talon ended up rolling a high number, and thus Yusuke's fate was set in stone. He tensed the muscles in his arms and grabbed onto Alesha's arm reflexively, a momentary spike of anxiousness hitting him. The anxiety quelled, however, when he would hear what Talon had to say and he released his hold on Alesha's arm. It wasn't as if he could continue clinging to the khan anyhow. In a few moments, they would no longer be together.

b02a23016fd9d55b50cd8f31869785e7.png

"Don't patronize me. It isn't as if I have a choice in the matter," he muttered, eyes fluttering closed for a moment. That smile he had witnessed creep across Talon's face as he rolled the die... it gave Yusuke the impression that he was rubbing the victory in his face. That was the last thing the artist needed right now. "Don't waste your life," was all he could add in addition to what he said to Talon. "Doing so will be a foolish venture."

The boy then took a few rocky steps back from Alesha and the others, heart hammering hard against the walls of his chest. "Well? Let's get on with it," he said, continuing to put on his best brave appearance. The sooner this was over, the better. The longer he waited knowing he would die, the more miserable he felt.

A single regret flickered in his mind as he stood before the others, regret that he hadn't been able to lay eyes on the Sayuri again--the painting his long passed mother had created. But then again, if he was going to perish now, he wouldn't really need to see a painting, would he? Perhaps he would be able to look upon his mother's face again after leaving this life.

I'll see you soon, mother.

@Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Everyone​

Risky's silence wouldn't last long, however, as soon the closet door would be opened by a certain tyke.

180px-Bowser_jr_colouring_book.png

"Who are you?!" Bowser Jr shouted as he pointed an accusing finger at the pirate. He had originally looked into the closet to find toys because he none of his "babysitters" were paying attention, but he found a weird pirate lady instead!

Understandably, Bowser Jr was the victim in this circumstance.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Takumi @York @Mason Moretti @Afterlife

View attachment 146391

"Be careful, he bites." the god warned, holding up his injured arm as he did so.

He was surprised when Risky asked him who he was for confirmation. He was confused about what she was getting at though, but replied anyway.

"Yeah, I'm Yato." he wasn't quite sure what this had to do with Yusuke or Hiyori, but he could only assume they were holding up relatively okay for now.

Starlow - Afterlife
@thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Kentucky @Mason Moretti @Takumi @York @Yun Lee

"I'm sure that Hiyori is doing fine, Yato," Starlow said to comfort him.

Starlow then flew up close yo Bowser Jr.'s face.

"Perhaps you should be more patient," she said in a harsh tone, "Your dad can be bothered and hot-headed sometimes, but he still knows when to grow up and be mature."

Risky Boots dismissively waved Yato's comments off. "Yeah, all children bite, because children are cruel," she casually commented, "Isn't that right you little tyrant-in-training you?~" Risky cooed, pinching and wiggling both of Junior's cheeks now.

Starlow - Afterlife
@thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Kentucky @Mason Moretti @Takumi @York @Yun Lee

"I'm sure that Hiyori is doing fine, Yato," Starlow said to comfort him.

Starlow then flew up close yo Bowser Jr.'s face.

"Perhaps you should be more patient," she said in a harsh tone, "Your dad can be bothered and hot-headed sometimes, but he still knows when to grow up and be mature."

"Oh, right, about the girl you hung around,"
Risky quickly added upon hearing mention of the topic again, "She fell to her knees and started bawling like a baby after you - a-hem - " died " the lady-pirate said very gruffly, and put very heavy emphasis on her air-quotations.

@Takumi @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Afterlife

Episode Five
"Glitz and Glamour"

Fifteen Minutes Earlier...

As the game continued on inside the park, outside the park the vice president watched them, her expression hidden by her eternally smiling mask. With the turtles gone, the beach was now serene. Peaceful. But that peace, like everything here, was nothing more than an illusion. Naturally, everyone seemed to have figured that out since the moment they got here: everything was an illusion. But did they realize just how deeply it all ran? She didn't know, and she probably wouldn't know until this game was over. Maybe the clues she left would help them all figure it out before it was too late...

"She has to be here somewhere!"

The vice president gasped, ducking behind a palm tree as footsteps and a voice made another's presence known. From her hiding place, the vice president watched as a girl exited the park. Upon recognizing her, however, the vice president would step into sight.
a436e912-c14f-4594-8c6e-f1d8874908d3.png
"Vice president!"
The girl made a beeline for her. "What were you thinking?! That test of yours could jeopardize everything!"

"On the contrary. It will make the final game far more interesting." After a pause, she added, "Besides…it's what the president wanted me to do."

"W-What?" That seemed to shake her. "That can't be right...the president always tells me everything, so...why wouldn't she tell me about that?!"

"For one thing, Sayaka, I am the student council vice president. I must know all of Kirari's plans, more than anyone else does. And for another thing, your job here requires your surprise. It's nothing personal."

"……….." Sayaka stared at the girl in the mask a moment, then finally sighed.
sayaka-igarashi-108797.jpg

"...I guess you're right. Kirari always knows what's best."

"Indeed she does. If she didn't, she wouldn't have asked me to give you this." The vice president held out a small trinket, extending it to Sayaka.
PicsArt_09-29-11.17.00.jpg
Sayaka gave a small smile amd a sigh of relief in response as she picked it up. "I never should have doubted you two. Can you forgive me?"

The vice president responded with a curt nod. "Yes. After all, a plan of this scope can get overwhelming. Stress and fear is to be expected."

"Yes…you're right." A pause. "I should get back before…"

"That would be wise. Take care, Sayaka." The vice president watched her leave, then leaned by a tree. "Oh, Sayaka…" From her pocket, she produced a tube of her own, staring at it.
stucopres2.png

"You're easier to manipulate than I thought."

---------------------
330258.jpg

"Coward's game?" Runa asked. "You may not wanna call it that, since you do pretty well at 'em! Hee hee!" But Talon and Yamashiro were free to go, leaving Yusuke up in his coaster still. "Aww…poor Yusuke! To think you have to die now…but don't worry-you were a fan favorite, so I'll make sure you have a nice death!"

Pressing a button on the remote control, Yusuke would feel a prick in the back of his neck. "Poison will make this quick and clean, just for you! Ahahaha!" She would finally lower his coaster to the ground. By the time it arrived, he would be dead.

"Thank you all for having fun with my game! Good luck enjoy the hardass who's next-you'll need it!" She laughed, waving at them all as the Pianta police returned and escorted the group away. Once alone, she reclined in her chair, sucking on her lollipop in thought. Kirari was going to be happy about Yusuke. Killing Tony Stark had been a smart move on her part, because any of those four in the bottom would've been a victory. She couldn't think of anyone who wouldn't be a victory…nope! No matter how things went down, they would be the winners here. And, knowing The Truth behind this place…Runa was more than happy to kill any one of these losers! She laughed to herself, picking up a handheld game console and booting it up, feeling pretty good about herself.

Too good to notice two large shadows creeping up behind her until it was too late.

----------------

"You'll only be going to two places today," one of the guards told the group as they arrived at the boats. "The owner of Hotel Delfino over on Sirena Beach was impressed by your hard work earlier, and has a special job for you all. Meanwhile, Pianta Village is in need of some cleanup. It seems that because of some wild Chain Chomps that weren't dealt with earlier, the entire place is a mess of goop!"

"We should head over to the village, Mary!"

"Yeah…that sounds like a good idea."

"Very well." Behind everyone, the vice president emerges. "And I shall be going to Sirena Beach, myself." Without another word, she boarded the boat.
PicsArt_09-05-11.24.37.jpg
"…" Yumeko observed the vice president, as if contemplating something deeply.

"Hey, Yumeko." Mary called out to her friend from the gangplank.
tumblr_oshzls8yyD1v6lhveo2_400.png

"You coming?"

"Hm? Oh…yes." Yumeko quietly got aboard, but she didn't seem all that sure of herself. "Let's get going."

Starring:

@Crow as Ernesti Echavalier (Knights & Magic)
@dark as Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)
@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@Jeremi as The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)
@Kaykay as Hina (Hinamatsuri)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Rita Hanson (Groundhog Day: The Musical)
@Mari as Yamashiro (KanColle)
@Midnight Maiden as Hiyori Iki (Noragami)
@Minerva as Ritsuka Fujimura (Fate/Grand Order)
@Otto as Talon (League of Legends)
@thatguyinthestore as Shantae (Shantae)
@The Myrmidon as Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (Magic: the Gathering)
@Verite as Gon Freeces (Hunter X Hunter)
@Yun Lee as Yumeko Jabami (Kakegurui)

In Memoriam

Nagihiko Fujisaki - IMPALED!

Starlow - TURNED TO DUST!

Kusanagi - SLICED OPEN!

Kars - CRUSHED IN A LANDSLIDE!

Ami Kawashima - SPINE SNAPPED IN HALF!

Toshinori Yagi - PUNCHED CLEAN THROUGH!

Peter Parker - CHOKED OUT!

Yato - SHOT IN THE GUT!

Risky Boots - LOST AT SEA!

Tony Stark - BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS!

Yusuke Kitagawa - POISONED!

---------------

Outside the hallway, you could hear familiar voices. "Way to go, genius. Didn't you say you had some sort of melatonin lollipop?"

"I did, but it's gone missing! So I had to go and grab my tranquilizer darts. You, on the other hand, could have watched them instead of changing clothes!"

"Hey, you're the one in charge of watching these idiots, not me! My job is-well, was-to make sure I-No didn't go crazy."

"Yeah, you did a great job of that, didn't you?"

It sounds like they're close by, but thankfully their arguing is keeping them distracted. Long enough for you all to get a move on and sneak away, at least.

Meanwhile, Yusuke would find himself waking up in a chair in an empty room. Well, empty save for a wall covered in televisions.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife​

Episode Five
"Glitz and Glamour"

As the game continued on inside the park, outside the park the vice president watched them, her expression hidden by her eternally smiling mask. With the turtles gone, the beach was now serene. Peaceful. But that peace, like everything here, was nothing more than an illusion. Naturally, everyone seemed to have figured that out since the moment they got here: everything was an illusion. But did they realize just how deeply it all ran? She didn't know, and she probably wouldn't know until this game was over. Maybe the clues she left would help them all figure it out before it was too late...

The vice president gasped, ducking behind a palm tree as footsteps and a voice made another's presence known. From her hiding place, the vice president watched as a girl exited the park. Upon recognizing her, however, the vice president would step into sight.
View attachment 146413
"Vice president!"
The girl made a beeline for her. "What were you thinking?! That test of yours could jeopardize everything!"

"On the contrary. It will make the final game far more interesting." After a pause, she added, "Besides…it's what the president wanted me to do."

"W-What?" That seemed to shake her. "That can't be right...the president always tells me everything, so...why wouldn't she tell me about that?!"

"For one thing, Sayaka, I am the student council vice president. I must know all of Kirari's plans, more than anyone else does. And for another thing, your job here requires your surprise. It's nothing personal."

"Indeed she does. If she didn't, she wouldn't have asked me to give you this." The vice president held out a small trinket, extending it to Sayaka.
View attachment 146414
Sayaka gave a small smile amd a sigh of relief in response as she picked it up. "I never should have doubted you two. Can you forgive me?"

The vice president responded with a curt nod. "Yes. After all, a plan of this scope can get overwhelming. Stress and fear is to be expected."

"That would be wise. Take care, Sayaka." The vice president watched her leave, then leaned by a tree. "Oh, Sayaka…" From her pocket, she produced a tube of her own, staring at it.
stucopres2.png

---------------------
330258.jpg

"Coward's game?" Runa asked. "You may not wanna call it that, since you do pretty well at 'em! Hee hee!" But Talon and Yamashiro were free to go, leaving Yusuke up in his coaster still. "Aww…poor Yusuke! To think you have to die now…but don't worry-you were a fan favorite, so I'll make sure you have a nice death!"

Pressing a button on the remote control, Yusuke would feel a prick in the back of his neck. "Poison will make this quick and clean, just for you! Ahahaha!" She would finally lower his coaster to the ground. By the time it arrived, he would be dead.

"Thank you all for having fun with my game! Good luck enjoy the hardass who's next-you'll need it!" She laughed, waving at them all as the Pianta police returned and escorted the group away. Once alone, she reclined in her chair, sucking on her lollipop in thought. Kirari was going to be happy about Yusuke. Killing Tony Stark had been a smart move on her part, because any of those four in the bottom would've been a victory. She couldn't think of anyone who wouldn't be a victory…nope! No matter how things went down, they would be the winners here. And, knowing The Truth behind this place…Runa was more than happy to kill any one of these losers! She laughed to herself, picking up a handheld game console and booting it up, feeling pretty good about herself.

Too good to notice two large shadows creeping up behind her until it was too late.

----------------

"You'll only be going to two places today," one of the guards told the group as they arrived at the boats. "The owner of Hotel Delfino over on Sirena Beach was impressed by your hard work earlier, and has a special job for you all. Meanwhile, Pianta Village is in need of some cleanup. It seems that because of some wild Chain Chomps that weren't dealt with earlier, the entire place is a mess of goop!"

"Very well." Behind everyone, the vice president emerges. "And I shall be going to Sirena Beach, myself." Without another word, she boarded the boat.
View attachment 146415

"You coming?"

"Hm? Oh…yes." Yumeko quietly got aboard, but she didn't seem all that sure of herself. "Let's get going."

Starring:

In Memoriam

Kusanagi - SLICED OPEN!

Yato - SHOT IN THE GUT!

---------------

Outside the hallway, you could hear familiar voices. "Way to go, genius. Didn't you say you had some sort of melatonin lollipop?"

"I did, but it's gone missing! So I had to go and grab my tranquilizer darts. You, on the other hand, could have watched them instead of changing clothes!"

"Hey, you're the one in charge of watching these idiots, not me! My job is-well, was-to make sure I-No didn't go crazy."

It sounds like they're close by, but thankfully their arguing is keeping them distracted. Long enough for you all to get a move on and sneak away, at least.

Meanwhile, Yusuke would find himself waking up in a chair in an empty room. Well, empty save for a wall covered in televisions.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife​
tumblr_inline_nulyitUBkw1typ8ok_100.png

Uu... I'm thinking on going to... uu... Pianta Village. ❞ Maria was unusually quiet. Maybe she had a bit of a reality check with how things ended up with the last "game." She wasn't sure on how to proceed. She still had that special immunity, but... she wasn't sure if she should use it. She remembered on what she said, but given on how most things have gone, she didn't want to misuse it. A part of her wanted to stick around, and when her magic returns... she could fix it up with her power. But for now, she wasn't sure.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore
@PiantaVillage

Episode Five
"Glitz and Glamour"

View attachment 146413
"Vice president!"

View attachment 146414

stucopres2.png

---------------------
330258.jpg

----------------

View attachment 146415

"You coming?"

Starring:

In Memoriam

Kusanagi - SLICED OPEN!

Yato - SHOT IN THE GUT!

---------------

"..."

For now... Alesha would only remain silent, keeping close to Hiyori. To watch over her for Yusuke and his disciple... that was the duty she had been given, and she would not ignore it. It was the least she could do in her friend's memory, and so the young woman would have an imposing, armored shadow behind her at all times.

@Midnight Maiden @Yun Lee

Yusuke was gone. Another fallen comrade. Ernesti's expression was a bit more neutral, as opposed to a smile that didn't seem close to fading.

"Pianta Village. Sounds like a good destination?" Ernesti asks in a curt manner.

@Mari @Minerva

Episode Five
"Glitz and Glamour"

View attachment 146413
"Vice president!"

View attachment 146414

stucopres2.png

---------------------
330258.jpg

----------------

View attachment 146415

"You coming?"

Starring:

In Memoriam

Kusanagi - SLICED OPEN!

Yato - SHOT IN THE GUT!

---------------

Before Yato could reply to both Risky and Starlow he could heard their hosts in the hall causing him to curse under his breath, wishing they hadn't come back just yet.

tumblr_inline_nzofdn991m1r3leyb_100.png

Bringing a finger to his lips, the god made his way to sneak a peek at where the two men were. May as well get going and explore right? They might even have a chance to find answers while they were at it. That is, if the god had any good fortune in the next couple of minutes.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

Finally, his time had come.

9bMuq9Q.png

"I can't imagine any death will be-- Irk!" Yusuke cut himself off when he felt the prick on the back of his neck, reaching up to touch it before finishing what he had started to say. "...nice."

He instantly felt exhausted beyond belief, his body so heavy that he could hardly move. "So sleepy," he mumbled to himself, closing his eyes. Although he had complained that dying wouldn't be pleasant, Runa hadn't been far off. He fell into a deep slumber rather quickly before the poison reached his heart and stopped it from beating. He hadn't suffered; he was just gone. In the end, his fate hadn't been as horrible as some of the others who died quite painfully. That was something, at least.

When the boy woke up in an empty room, he blinked a few times and sat up straight, touching the side of his face before he would look around. All he saw was televisions--not exactly what he had been expecting.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" he called out softly. "God, perhaps?"

He stood up and approached a television, attempting to turn it on.

"What manner of place is this? It appears not to be the embodiment of Heaven or Hell. Where could I be?" he questioned himself before a thought would go to his head. He placed both hands against his chest and grasped his shirt before stumbling backwards and contorting his stance, reacting in his usual dramatic fashion.

6VnE1Fm.png

"No, I'm... not in Heaven or Hell... I must be in... purgatory! Oh, the agony! I've not been bad enough nor good enough to arrive in Hell or Heaven. I'm simply a shameful lost soul, due to meander the infinite spiritual realm as a vengeful spirit! Forgive me, Mother, but we may never be together!"

Yeah, death hadn't changed him a single bit.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife​

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack and Krieger were very close. So close, in fact, that once they turned a corner, they would see you all very easily.

@Takumi

--------------

While Yusuke comtinued to panic, the TV he turned on would display an alleyway in Delfino Plaza. He would recognize the two people there as Shadow Luigi and Sam Leeds in his demonic form. Oddly enough, there would be background music throughout the whole thing.
---

"You fuckin' dumbass!" Leeds would smack Shadow Luigi.

"Ow!" Shadow Luigi held his cheek, glaring at the creature before him. "What the fuck was that for?!"

"You know exactly what the fuck that was for! Heel Lesson 101: Don't Look Like A Jackass! I thought we agreed you would stay silent!"

"Well, initially, yeah, but why not spice things up? Y'know...add an accent, taunt them all..." SMACK! "Ow! Stop that!"

"You're makin' us look like fuckin' jokes!"

"Oh, and you're not, Mr. Freshwater-Is-My-Weakness? I thought that was the whole point of this damn thing!"

"The plan is to be threatening enough that we keep them in line, but weak enough that they're in a false sense of security! Not run around lookin' like Freddy fuckin' Fazbear!"

"Who the fuck is Freddy Fazbear?!"

"The fact that you don't know is why you cannot fuck this up! I swear to God, don't you fuck this up for me. Cuz if you do..."

"I won't! I won't. I promise."

"Thought so. Now get that fuckin' paintbrush out. We got us some work to do."
---
The two of them would start walking away, out of the camera's range. The music would fade out, and the screen would go to black.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Jack and Krieger were very close. So close, in fact, that once they turned a corner, they would see you all very easily.

@Takumi

--------------

While Yusuke comtinued to panic, the TV he turned on would display an alleyway in Delfino Plaza. He would recognize the two people there as Shadow Luigi and Sam Leeds in his demonic form. Oddly enough, there would be background music throughout the whole thing.
---

"You fuckin' dumbass!" Leeds would smack Shadow Luigi.

"Ow!" Shadow Luigi held his cheek, glaring at the creature before him. "What the fuck was that for?!"

"You know exactly what the fuck that was for! Heel Lesson 101: Don't Look Like A Jackass! I thought we agreed you would stay silent!"

"Well, initially, yeah, but why not spice things up? Y'know...add an accent, taunt them all..." SMACK! "Ow! Stop that!"

"You're makin' us look like fuckin' jokes!"

"Oh, and you're not, Mr. Freshwater-Is-My-Weakness? I thought that was the whole point of this damn thing!"

"The plan is to be threatening enough that we keep them in line, but weak enough that they're in a false sense of security! Not run around lookin' like Freddy fuckin' Fazbear!"

"Who the fuck is Freddy Fazbear?!"

"The fact that you don't know is why you cannot fuck this up! I swear to God, don't you fuck this up for me. Cuz if you do..."

"I won't! I won't. I promise."

"Thought so. Now get that fuckin' paintbrush out. We got us some work to do."
---
The two of them would start walking away, out of the camera's range. The music would fade out, and the screen would go to black.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Rvs8BM1.png

The boy stopped in the midst of his panic to view the TV when it would turn on and display some footage.

"What did I just witness?" he wondered aloud. "Nevertheless, something is very wrong here. I feel I may have learned something very important by viewing this video..."

"...the music used was most unfitting."

Oh, Yusuke. : |

Anyhow, after the TV would turn off, he tried turning on another television to see if anything else would happen.

@Yun Lee

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
tumblr_inline_nulyitUBkw1typ8ok_100.png

Uu... I'm thinking on going to... uu... Pianta Village. ❞ Maria was unusually quiet. Maybe she had a bit of a reality check with how things ended up with the last "game." She wasn't sure on how to proceed. She still had that special immunity, but... she wasn't sure if she should use it. She remembered on what she said, but given on how most things have gone, she didn't want to misuse it. A part of her wanted to stick around, and when her magic returns... she could fix it up with her power. But for now, she wasn't sure.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore
@PiantaVillage
"Pianta Village sounds fine." Shantae said as she began to head there. As they walked, the half-genie would look down at Maria and try to smile, though it was hard considering the circumstances.

"Are you okay?" Shantae asked. She knew that all these deaths would have some effect on the poor girl.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies