Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

It was at this moment Starlow realized....

She fucked up.

With the fury of a thousand suns, the small Koopa began flailing his arms around and screaming like a maniac. "You ruined my mac and cheese!!!! You're so stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid STUPID!!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs.

Good going, Starlow.

@Mason Moretti @Afterlife

"Oh great, a tantrum... Bowser, how would your babysitter react if she were here?"

Starlow wished that she had a FLUDD. Maybe a stream of water would cool the tyke's temper.​

"Take my coin," Yumeko said. Rather than hand it to Midari, she tossed it. "My votes are for Yusuke, Maria, and Shantae."

"Hey, c'mon, Yumeko, be nice...I'm playing the game you wanted!" Midari pouted, collecting the coins and tickets. "I'm drawing names from a hat...six in all! Then everyone is free to go!"

"You plan to end this all here?" Suddenly, Yumeko seemed to change, almost...hopeful. The fact that six people would be dying didn't seem to bother her as much.

"Yep! Shoulda trusted me all along!" Midari looked over the group. "Like I said...this'll be quick. Let me see...Yusuke, Shantae, and Maria are all safe, plus that Talon guy who played Russian Roulette with me. The rest of you...you better say your prayers! Ahahahaha!"

Paradise Game 3: Quick Draw

How to Play: In a randomizer, names will be chosen. The three names chosen will be killed. It's that simple!

Probability: Everyone's name is in twice to start. Those who paid a blue coin only have their name once, unless they were penalized earlier. Those who failed to perform and/or vote have their names in there additional times, the maximum being four.

Tips to Win: Cross your fingers and hope it ain't you!

"Take this last moment to say your goodbyes-who knows if you'll live or die in the next few seconds! Ahahahaha!!"

@Archmage Jeremiah @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Crow @Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Mari @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kentucky @York @Otto @dark

Risky Boots rolled her eyes and scoffed.

fx_cine_risky_pose_6.png

"Oh, spare me the semantics," the pirate grumbled out with an irritated tone, "I haven't had my beauty bath in days, I haven't had my coffee, and worst of all, it's because I've been forced into playing your silly games of chance," she vented; a long, coarse breath in and out marking the end of it. Subsequently, she held her hand out expectantly. "I'd much rather you hand me your iron so I may get this on with, deny you your cheap high, and explode into an extravagant show of pyrotechnics and post-production visual effects already,"

fx_cine_risky_pose_5.png

"Then I'll return at the very end with all my Pirate Gear in tow as the final boss instead of the lousy miniboss I am right now!"

@Yun Lee

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Episode Four
"A Very Special Episode"

Midari took the time to write every name down that was needed, putting them all into the hat. "How sweet! All these sweet little well-wishings...but now...it's time to pay your dues!" Midari stuck her hand into the hat, pulling out a handful of names, her other hand holding the gun at the group. "Our first name is..."

"Stop right there." Yumeko walked forward, eyeing Midari. "If you're going to kill us, at least do it honestly."

"Huh? What the fuck are you talking about?!" Confused at first, Midari soon smiled.
tumblr_otjdr6MPZo1sg8uefo1_500.gif

"Ohhh! I get it! You want me to go one by one? Or show all the names?"

"Not at all! Instead..."
yumekojabami2.jpg

"I want you to reveal who you really are."

Midari's smile faded. "Wha...what the fuck?! What are you suggesting here?!"

"It's fairly obvious. You aren't actually Midari Ikishima."

"W-What? Hahaha...of course I am...I-"

"Oh? Then, answer this: how did you know Talon had immunity?"
tumblr_otjdr6MPZo1sg8uefo2_540.gif

"Ha! From his note, of course!" Midari tried to sound confident, but she was breaking into a sweat. Clearly she hadn't expected this.

"But he never handed you a note. You just happened to know he was immune. Do you need more evidence? I'll be happy to provide it. I can ask you all about our gamble together, Midari and myself. I'm sure you know all about that, don't you, if you are truly Midari? Or perhaps, you'll find your memories are tainted, like I-No did, and say that you can't remember a thing. Isn't that so convenient? Everyone can remember or forget anything to suit the needs of those in charge! In fact...you must be one of the people in charge, one pulling the strings while acting like a pawn, the only one who knew about the note besides those of us in this group!"
0001556871.JPG

"Reveal yourself to us...Sam Leeds!"

Midari was silent, staring at Yumeko in surprise. Until soon...she smiled.
1500897000-3034976939_n.jpg

"Heh...heh heh heh...a ha ha ha...HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

In an instant, Yumeko would be knocked a good few feet, crashing into the smoothie hut. Meanwhile, Midari would begin to transform, the green energy those at Sirena Beach had seen surround Jack surround her, as her form became larger and inhuman.

"Congrats, Yumeko," it said to the now unconscious girl. "You got it right-I'm an imposter. But you missed one big detail: I'm not Sam Leeds."
PicsArt_09-05-02.24.22.jpg
"Then...what the Hell are you?!"

The transformation finished, and before them all was the creature from the airplane.
latest

"Why...I'm the Devil himself. And like I said, I'm here to collect my dues!" He would slash at Kusanagi, his claws slicing her stomach open and killing her instantly. "That was one! I still got five more to go!" He lifted the slips of paper up and shook them. "Don't think you're off the hook just because your little detective figured me out."
latest

"The five people on these papers...you're mine!"

-------------------

"Well, isn't this setting up to be a showdown."

Up atop the hills of Gelato Beach, I-No sat on a stone stage, watching the events below unfold. Beside her were a girl in a mask, and Kirari Momobami herself.
I-No.gif

"I have to admit-I didn't think anyone would figure it out. Should we try to kill her next or..."
310862.jpg

"Only if she loses a game," Kirari replied. "I think it makes this whole situation more entertaining, wouldn't you agree? She did the same thing back at our academy. My perfect system of control was shaken up because of her. I couldn't resist putting her into this little game of ours-just to see how she'd do."

"And her little friend? Why did you have her brought along? She seems kind of...bitchy."

"Mary is actually very fascinating, too. I don't understand her at all, so seeing her here would be fun, too... Well, that and I needed a little leverage, of course. Killing her, only to bring her back to life...we have to give them all a little bit of hope before crushing them. If the house always won, that just wouldn't seem fair."

"But no matter what, the house does win in the end. Just like promised." I-No winked at Kirari. "Though, I wonder...where is the actual Midari?"

"She seems to have vanished. Yuriko and Yumemi as well, after their games. It's the strangest thing. And yet..."
100c5c1c2ef13fa1f87d2dbdfe6ac9e5.jpg

"It makes this situation more...exciting, don't you think?"
I-No_zps36cacf27.png

"...you know, I don't think your world has a very nice definition of 'exciting'..."
ririka-momobami-125116.jpg

".........."

Starring:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Risky Boots (Shantae)
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Tony Stark (The Superior Iron Man)
@Crow as Ernesti Echavalier (Knights & Magic)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Kars (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
@dark as Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)
@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Toshinori Yagi (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Jeremi as The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)
@Kaykay as Hina (Hinamatsuri)
@Kentucky as Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Yusuke Kitagawa (Persona 5)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Rita Hanson (Groundhog Day: The Musical)
@Mari as Yamashiro (KanColle)
@Midnight Maiden as Hiyori Iki (Noragami)
@Minerva as Ritsuka Fujimura (Fate/Grand Order)
@Otto as Talon (League of Legends)
@Takumi as Yato (Noragami)
@thatguyinthestore as Shantae (Shantae)
@The Myrmidon as Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (Magic: the Gathering)
@Verite as Gon Freeces (Hunter X Hunter)
@York as Ami Kawashima (Toradora!)
@Yun Lee as Yumeko Jabami (Kakegurui)

In Memoriam

Nagihiko Fujisaki - IMPALED!

Starlow - TURNED TO DUST!

Kusanagi - SLICED OPEN!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Rita Hanson-

Rita could only watch. She didn't know who would die. or who that was, but there were still five others.... but she hoped it wasn't anyone that she cared about. She was silent, not knowing what to do. She didn't have any salt water on hand and she wasn't even if sure if that was his weakness. What if it was an act?

@Yun Lee

Last edited:
Episode Four
"A Very Special Episode"

Midari took the time to write every name down that was needed, putting them all into the hat. "How sweet! All these sweet little well-wishings...but now...it's time to pay your dues!" Midari stuck her hand into the hat, pulling out a handful of names, her other hand holding the gun at the group. "Our first name is..."

"Stop right there." Yumeko walked forward, eyeing Midari. "If you're going to kill us, at least do it honestly."

"Huh? What the fuck are you talking about?!" Confused at first, Midari soon smiled.

"Not at all! Instead..."
yumekojabami2.jpg

"Ha! From his note, of course!" Midari tried to sound confident, but she was breaking into a sweat. Clearly she hadn't expected this.

"But he never handed you a note. You just happened to know he was immune. Do you need more evidence? I'll be happy to provide it. I can ask you all about our gamble together, Midari and myself. I'm sure you know all about that, don't you, if you are truly Midari? Or perhaps, you'll find your memories are tainted, like I-No did, and say that you can't remember a thing. Isn't that so convenient? Everyone can remember or forget anything to suit the needs of those in charge! In fact...you must be one of the people in charge, one pulling the strings while acting like a pawn, the only one who knew about the note besides those of us in this group!"
0001556871.JPG

In an instant, Yumeko would be knocked a good few feet, crashing into the smoothie hut. Meanwhile, Midari would begin to transform, the green energy those at Sirena Beach had seen surround Jack surround her, as her form became larger and inhuman.

"Congrats, Yumeko," it said to the now unconscious girl. "You got it right-I'm an imposter. But you missed one big detail: I'm not Sam Leeds."
View attachment 145927

The transformation finished, and before them all was the creature from the airplane.
latest

"Why...I'm the Devil himself. And like I said, I'm here to collect my dues!" He would slash at Honoka Kousaka, his claws slicing her stomach open and killing her instantly. "That was one! I still got five more to go!" He lifted the slips of paper up and shook them. "Don't think you're off the hook just because your little detective figured me out."
latest

-------------------

Up atop the hills of Gelato Beach, I-No sat on a stone stage, watching the events below unfold. Beside her were a girl in a mask, and Kirari Momobami herself.
I-No.gif

"I have to admit-I didn't think anyone would figure it out. Should we try to kill her next or..."
310862.jpg

"Only if she loses a game," Kirari replied. "I think it makes this whole situation more entertaining, wouldn't you agree? She did the same thing back at our academy. My perfect system of control was shaken up because of her. I couldn't resist putting her into this little game of ours-just to see how she'd do."

"And her little friend? Why did you have her brought along? She seems kind of...bitchy."

"Mary is actually very fascinating, too. I don't understand her at all, so seeing her here would be fun, too... Well, that and I needed a little leverage, of course. Killing her, only to bring her back to life...we have to give them all a little bit of hope before crushing them. If the house always won, that just wouldn't seem fair."

"But no matter what, the house does win in the end. Just like promised." I-No winked at Kirari. "Though, I wonder...where is the actual Midari?"

"She seems to have vanished. Yuriko and Yumemi as well, after their games. It's the strangest thing. And yet..."

I-No_zps36cacf27.png

"...you know, I don't think your world has a very nice definition of 'exciting'..."

".........."

Starring:

@ShiroKiyoshi as Kusanagi (Phantom of the Kill)

In Memoriam

Honoka Kousaka - SLICED OPEN!
Leeds, or whatever he was would hear a slow clap emit from behind him, followed by a familiar deep growling voice.

"Well ain't that somethin', huh? Give a loud round'a applause to the friggin' talkin' deer skull." Bowser said in the most narcissistic tone possible, even obviously fake-yawning to emphasize how unimpressed he was.

Luigi, on the other hand, didn't like Bowser's attitude and tried to step in.
"U-uh Bowser? I don't think you should--"

"Shut it, Green Stache." Bowser said, nonchalantly shoving his large palm in Luigi's face before shoving him out of the way with little to no effort. "Seriously though, you really thought that look would intimidate anybody here? Pffffbbbbtth. You ain't nothin'. Yer just sum wimpy lil kid who thinks he's somethin'."

Bowser would then poke him in the chest with his claw and smirk. "Go on wimp. Gimme yer best shot. I double dare ya."

@Yun Lee

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
"Heh. Thought you'd never ask." In the blink of an eye, the demon would move behind Bowser, grabbing his tail. Just as Mario had long before, he began to spin Bowser around, letting him go once he reached enough speed. The Koopa king would fly right into Kars, slamming him into the mountainslide with enough force to shake a couple of boulders on top loose. Bowser had enough time to retreat into his shell...but Kars would have no such luck, as he was soon crushed by the incoming rockslide.

"Two down, four to go. Oh, and by the way, Mister Ultimate Lightweight: the Zeppelis send their regards. Ha ha ha ha!"

Leeds, huh? Yusuke had never cared much for the guy. It wasn't surprising that the guy hadn't been who he said he was. But right now, that was the least of Yusuke's concerns...

Two people had just died.

paUu7FY.png

"To think, we have to watch four more people die," the boy mumbled to himself, absolutely sick to his stomach. He hadn't even known these people who died, and yet it had still been hard to watch. He couldn't imagine watching any of the individuals who he had gotten to know dying next. He just wanted to keep his eyes closed and block out the world. He just wanted... to go back home.

@Anyone​

Rita Hanson

Welp, there was something. The blond who she also barely knew died. She remembered seeing him on the plane, but she hadn't talked to him. Four more people were going to die. Who was it going to be? Four more chances she could be the one to die. Waiting was more unnerving that the deaths it would seem.

"Heh. Thought you'd never ask." In the blink of an eye, the demon would move behind Bowser, grabbing his tail. Just as Mario had long before, he began to spin Bowser around, letting him go once he reached enough speed. The Koopa king would fly right into Kars, slamming him into the mountainslide with enough force to shake a couple of boulders on top loose. Bowser had enough time to retreat into his shell...but Kars would have no such luck, as he was soon crushed by the incoming rockslide.

"Two down, four to go. Oh, and by the way, Mister Ultimate Lightweight: the Zeppelis send their regards. Ha ha ha ha!"
After recovering from that little nostalgia trip, the Koopa stood up and brushed himself off, not even paying any mind to the now deceased Kars.

"You got a lucky shot, chump." Bowser said, though the fact that he didn't approach the demon again said otherwise.

Meanwhile, Shantae had watched all the events transpire in complete and utter disbelief. She knew that Leeds guy was bad news, but the fact that he was that thing they encountered on the plane earlier.

Well... it did make sense.

"Why are you doing this?" Shantae asked the demon with a cry. "What do you have to gain?" She cried. One of their hosts from before had stated that this was their "punishment" or something like that, but this thing... it was different. It's like it was deriving some sort of sick pleasure with each kill that was performed.

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @whoever

Episode Four
"A Very Special Episode"

"Not at all! Instead..."
yumekojabami2.jpg

0001556871.JPG

View attachment 145927

latest

"Why...I'm the Devil himself. And like I said, I'm here to collect my dues!" He would slash at Kusanagi, his claws slicing her stomach open and killing her instantly. "That was one! I still got five more to go!" He lifted the slips of paper up and shook them. "Don't think you're off the hook just because your little detective figured me out."
latest

-------------------

I-No.gif

310862.jpg

I-No_zps36cacf27.png

".........."

Starring:

In Memoriam

Kusanagi - SLICED OPEN!

Impatiently, Risky Boots continued to wait.

Now six people were dying instead of three? Risky couldn't say she didn't see it coming.

She drummed her fingers against her large leather belt in a quickening tempo.

Then it was four. Was it four to begin with? Risky neither bothered to recall, nor did she care to.

The lady-pirate yawned and smacked her lips together twice.

There was some comment made about alcohol. That got Risky thinking about alcohol. Subsequently, she wanted some alcohol.

But alas, there was no alcohol.

"Well, there's no doubt in my mind; you really are The Devil. Only The Devil could be so good at torturing poor unfortunate souls...with boredom," Risky Boots halfheartedly quipped. Afterwards, she nudged Shantae. "I'm not this bad at being a villain, right?" Risky inquired, "How do you even stand self-absorbed lubbers like this? Or take them seriously, for that matter?"

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore

"What do I have to gain...hmm...how to explain it in a way your tiny brains can understand it...oh! It's a little like this..." He grabbed Ami Kawashima by her arm, yanking her to him. He moved his claws to her torso, and with a loud SNAP, broke her spine as if it were a twig, tossing the corspe right at Risky for her comments. "Nahhhh...you still wouldn't get it."

@thatguyinthestore @York

Rita Hanson

Oh god, that was someone she had known or at least seen. She had been friendly with Ami and she was the one who advised her to keep the coin... she had seemed so nice. God, she was nice. She tried her best to not cry.

Day three on the island of Hell. All is not well.

Maybe a mental diary would help her a little bit.

@No one

Ami was out cold, real cold.

9SJLirs.jpg

"So, you're sending three more of us to hell with no chance of reincarnation, huh? Is hell a world without technology and robotics?"

Ernesti had his priorities in place, apparently. He asked this with a straight face.

@Yun Lee

"You all just wanna sit around and let me kill people? Not even gonna try and fight back, even a little? Now, ain't that depressin'. Almost makes this too easy." He shook his head, and shrugged. "I can't wait until this game is over. You're a real boring bunch, y'know? At least I can take out my frustrations in my own special way!" He punctuated that statement with a punch-that went right through All Might's chest. "Some hero you turned out to be..."

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X

Rita Hanson

Rita was numb. She watched as someone she barely knew died. He had seemed nice in everything that happened though. She could only watch. Two more to die. Who else was it going to be? Would it be someone she cared about? She couldn't watch- but she didn't think she had a choice to not too.

@ Not anyone really @Yun Lee

"You all just wanna sit around and let me kill people? Not even gonna try and fight back, even a little? Now, ain't that depressin'. Almost makes this too easy." He shook his head, and shrugged. "I can't wait until this game is over. You're a real boring bunch, y'know? At least I can take out my frustrations in my own special way!" He punctuated that statement with a punch-that went right through All Might's chest. "Some hero you turned out to be..."

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X
Seeing All Might die, Ritsuka made her way from Yamashiro for a moment. She made her way over to Yumeko. "Are you going to be okay? I know you two were close." she asked calmly.

"Oh yeah...I can feel it. Almost time..." He spoke cryptically, as he lifted Peter Parker up by the neck. "Just two more...and then..." Keeping a tight grip on the poor hero's throat, the demon watched as he soon grew limp and lifeless. Dropping Spiderman to the ground with little fanfare, he picked up the gun. "One bullet left...and the lucky winner is...you!"

BANG!

And, just like that, Yato would receive a bullet right in the stomach. Whether or not he would bleed out right away, or linger a few minutes more, 'Leeds' didn't care. In fact, the demon was now focused on something else. "Oh yeah! Can ya feel it?! I sure fuckin' can! Ahahahaha!!!" Two large protrusions on his back would grow, larger and wider, until two large, leathery bat wings now spread, casting a moonlit shadow over them all.

"YES!! That's what I'm talkin' about!!! I'm back, baby!" He laughed wickedly, his wings flapping, taking him up into the air. "Those bumblin' cops will be with you soon. Don't feel too bad-you only got three more games after this, then you can go. The boss ain't done with you all yet-but I sure as fuck am. Oh-right." He would look at Bowser, sneering best he could with his skull head. "Junior says hi! Hahahahahaaa!"

Wuth that, he took off into the air with an unearthly screech, flying off towards the volcano at the center of the island.

"Ugh..." Yumeko groaned back to life, looking around groggily. "What...what happened?"

@Archmage Jeremiah @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Crow @Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Mari @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kentucky @York @Otto @dark

Rita Hanson- Night Will Come

Rita looked over as Peter's neck was grabbed and he was grabbed until he was lifeless. She felt numb. He didn't deserve that death- he didn't deserve to die, but all was cut off when she heard the gunshot. She jumped terrified of it. Old wounds reopened. Old wounds she hadn't forgotten of but had pushed to the back of her mind. You don't forget about someone shooting themselves in the head and then disappearing. Rita knew that she couldn't and she saw it wasn't her. Oh god, it was that girl's boyfriend. At least that's what the other boy had said.

" I'm here...... and i'm fine." Rita said, hoping to reassure herself. It wasn't helping. It wasn't helping in the slightest. She was not fine. She decided to try her best to push her own dark thoughts aside and went to Maria. and Yusuke. " Are you okay?" She asked.

@Gummi Bunnies

Ritsuka started breathing again after that. It was horrifying, witnessing people she had known, albeit slightly, get torn apart by the devil. She looked at Ernesti and Yamashiro. "Ernesti, Yamashiro... You guys are alive. I'm so glad." The orange haired girl spoke.

"Are you two alright?" she asked the Rider class ship and Saber class boy who sounded slightly like Mash.

@Mari @Crow @anyone