Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

Rita Hanson

Taking the opportunity, Rita was ready to end this. She did the last jump and hopefully that was the end.

@thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Gummi Bunnies @Fight
With that final hit, the monster let out a loud cry as it was strangely enveloped in the same goop that it was spitting out mere moments ago before melting into a puddle of goop.

"We did it everybody!" Shantae exclaimed happily despite still being covered in goo.

The goop eventually evaporated, when suddenly the same object from earlier appeared where the monster once laid.

170px-FI_Shine.png

@LuckycoolHawk9 @York @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @BiancoHills​

Rita Hanson

"
I remember this. It appeared after I cleared the goop monster from the statue and helped with the hut." Rita approached it catiously to see if it would leave like all of the others, touching it if it didn't flee.This one strangely didn't give them a glow... not yet at least.

@thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @York @Archmage Jeremiah @fight

Last edited:
Gelato Beach
@Crow @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Otto

Plungelo.png

The red variety of Cataquacks were only atop the the solar panels, clearly out of stomping range. However, when Ernesti sprayed one with water, it appeared off-balance as it stood on one foot. After a couple seconds, it regained its balance, with a suction cup foot securing itself to the panel. There were three red Cataquacks in total atop the panel.

"Ah, I admire your bravery young sir. You can see yourself the power of the Cataquacks. Look, here comes one now."

250px-Cataquack.jpg

A blue Cataquack waddled its way up to Ernesti and Alesha. To their surprise, it would suddenly launch them into the air with its bill! "Now you see why they're called Cataquacks," said the Noki elder.

As the pair flew into the air, they might notice a blue glint of something hanging in the air, before they fall back towards the ground and landed on the solar panel. This caused the panel to shake, but the three red Cataquacks held fast.

The blue Cataquack then turned towards Yusuke and and slowly began an approach.​

Rita Hanson

"
I remember this. It appeared after I cleared the goop monster from the statue and helped with the hut." Rita approached it catiously to see if it would leave like all of the others, touching it if it didn't flee.This one strangely didn't give them a glow... not yet at least.

@thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @York @Archmage Jeremiah @fight
When Rita touched the object, she would begin to glow faintly. Shantae, Maria,Ami, and Risky Boots would glow as well.

The object would then float into the air and fly off somewhere. As you made your way out of the windmill, you would be greeted by the same Pianta from earlier.

"Oh thank you! That monster was terrorizing our village for the longest time!" The Pianta exclaimed with glee.

"It was no problem! We're just happy to help!" Shantae said happily. The Pianta nodded in response.

"Well, I have nothing to give you in return, though you have my and everyone else's deepest gratitudes." The woman said. Without another word, she waltzed off. If you were to look around, you would see that the area still had a good amount of goop around.

You could either stay and wash the goop away with your FLUDD or head back to the boat if you felt like you were done here.

@York @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @BiancoHills

Last edited:
Gelato Beach

Plungelo.png

The red variety of Cataquacks were only atop the the solar panels, clearly out of stomping range. However, when Ernesti sprayed one with water, it appeared off-balance as it stood on one foot. After a couple seconds, it regained its balance, with a suction cup foot securing itself to the panel. There were three red Cataquacks in total atop the panel.

"Ah, I admire your bravery young sir. You can see yourself the power of the Cataquacks. Look, here comes one now."

250px-Cataquack.jpg

A blue Cataquack waddled its way up to Ernesti and Alesha. To their surprise, it would suddenly launch them into the air with its bill! "Now you see why they're called Cataquacks," said the Noki elder.

As the pair flew into the air, they might notice a blue glint of something hanging in the air, before they fall back towards the ground and landed on the solar panel. This caused the panel to shake, but the three red Cataquacks held fast.

The blue Cataquack then turned towards Yusuke and and slowly began an approach.​

"I thought I saw something... but first, the Wiggler," Ernesti said, before landing on the shaky solar panel.

"This thing's a bit unstable, but it seems that the feet of those Cataquacks are adapted for- wait a second..."

Ernesti Echevalier launched water at a red Cataquack to stun it, then slammed a kick onto it, seeing if it would slide about or even off the panel.

After testing his theory out, he would use use a different Red Cataquack to further propel himself upwards, towards the tower with the Wiggler.

@Crow @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Otto @Mason Moretti @GelatoBeach​

Yato nodded at Hiyori's response, before giving her hand another squeeze.

Guiding her onto the boat headed towards Ricco Harbor. He remind quiet, but gave Hiyori a one armed hug along the ride and allowing her to rest her head in his shoulder, his other hand not letting go of her's even as they reached their destination.

With the others fighting off the squids and helping the man that was being attack, Yato stood in front of Hiyori and tried to help quicken the process by stunning a Blooper with his FLUDD, before jumping on it.

Turning his head to look at Hiyori and check up on her, he gave her a small smile in reassurance.

@Yun Lee @Midnight Maiden @Mari @Minerva @Jeremi @Verite @Bloopers at the Harbor
Yumeko would smile at Gon. "How kind of you! If you don't mind, that would be very helpful. I'm not a fan of being so clumsy..."

Leeds would scratch his head. "Somethin' else to do? Fuck if I know! I needed them little fuckers gone, that's it. You twerps can go back to your chain gang, or some shit, I dunno."

"GROOOOOOAAAAAH!!!!!!!"

Leeds looked up, a mild look of irritation on his face the only indication the loud roar affected him in any way. "The fuck was that?"

A small group of Piantas ran past. "Gooper Blooper! It's back!"

"But wait-the concert is in an hour! Who will protect the stage?"

"Forget the stage! Run for your lives!!"

"Maybe that's where the Shine Sprite is!" Yumeko started to make her way towards the roar, but Leeds stepped in her path.

"Hold on, now. What if I were to offer you all a deal? I hear you're all lookin' for these." Digging into his pocket, Leeds produced a handful of blue coins.

Yumeko gasped. "Where did you get all those?"

He looked around, then leaned in. "I stole 'em off Harajuku Heidi and her little ratpack," he confided. "I can't stand that Momobami brat! Did you know one of her little bitch friends is the star of that concert those fatsos were yellin' about?"

"...is that so."

"That's why I wanna offer you fine folks a deal. I will give you not one, but TWO of these babies right here, if you let that monster trash the stage. The look on that starry-eyed bitch's face when she sees that ruined stage...it's gonna be priceless!"

@Mari @Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Minerva @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Bloopers​

tumblr_inline_nf4aoqkk3T1rkg9ed.png

Just as she said she would, Hiyori followed without hesitation, if a little slowly. She still appeared distant, as though lost in a trance after what all had transpired, but she was trying her damnedest to pull herself together. And thankfully, it looked like that wasn't something she had to do alone, for when they were on the boat- which, she noted, she almost didn't even realize they had traveled at all to reach -Yato pulled her into a loose embrace. It wasn't much, but it was comfort. Something that grounded her and reassured her that, while maybe things weren't alright, she at least wasn't having to face them alone.

And she really needed that, which was likely part of why she let him hold her, even taking the offer of leaning on him. Because right then, everything else just hurt too much.

But she had no choice but to put that pain aside, when they arrived at their destination. Yet again, people were in trouble. Danger lurked in every corner; danger that could be seen by the eyes of more than just gods or half-ayakashi like her. And she didn't know if that made things better or worse. Regardless, she, too, set to taking down the odd squid creatures even though they were kind of cute ;;, not intending to let them hurt these other people. That didn't, however, mean she intended to speak as she went about this duty. Though the smile from Yato certainly didn't go unnoticed or unappreciated. What did go unappreciated, however, was what followed.

tumblr_inline_nzohggn5Ij1r3leyb_100.png

A not-so-subtle frown came to blight her face at the request of the man, reinforced by a bribe of blue coins, the female's expression twisting from a sullen one to that of agitation. "You want us to... what?" she muttered, as though daring the man to repeat. "How can you have such petty priorities in a time of crisis like this?" she demanded, finding herself slightly surprised by how bold her own voice sounded. But she found she lacked the will to argue, instead gritting her teeth and clenching her fists at her sides, eyes briefly closing before she allowed herself to burst out. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not letting those creatures cause more problems than have already sprung up!"

Not another word was uttered. No eye contact made or time wasted. All there was was the sound of harsh footballs and a blur of pink and brown as Hiyori turned tail, dashing away towards the stage with newfound resolve. Perhaps she wasn't quite as nimble or bouncy or strong as she was in the spirit state, but it didn't matter; if she had to face this beast alone, she damn well would. After all, you couldn't always rely on others for everything. Sometimes matters had to be taken into your one's hands. She didn't care about those stupid coins, or if any of the others had the mind or intention to help or otherwise assist in that man's schemes. Hiyori Iki would not stoop to that, even if it meant a higher chance of survival.

What was the point of living, if you lived by doing the wrong thing?

So she ran, or perhaps leapt, into action, skidding to a stop only when she was about six feet from the monstrosity that was Gooper Blooper. She was approaching from behind, and promptly cupped her hands to her mouth, shouting at the large creature in all of it's girth. "Heyyyy!" she hollered, seeking nothing less than to gain it's attention. "Over here, you big... squid-thing!" she continued, unable to come up with any good insults that might provoke the thing. She was too nice to come up with anything in that regard. Still, she accentuated her words by squirting the creature with her FLUDD, following up(should that not have worked) with waving of her arms.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Mari @Minerva @Jeremi @Verite @Bloopers at the Harbor​

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
Gelato Beach

Plungelo.png

250px-Cataquack.jpg

"I thought I saw something... but first, the Wiggler," Ernesti said, before landing on the shaky solar panel.

"This thing's a bit unstable, but it seems that the feet of those Cataquacks are adapted for- wait a second..."

Ernesti Echevalier launched water at a red Cataquack to stun it, then slammed a kick onto it, seeing if it would slide about or even off the panel.

After testing his theory out, he would use use a different Red Cataquack to further propel himself upwards, towards the tower with the Wiggler.

That glint of sapphire caught the warrior's eye almost as quick as a dragon might, her eyes holding on it until she landed in a roll. She had a feeling she knew what it was - another part of the trio of blue coins she had been given the chance to collect. Without wasting a moment's hesitation, Alesha was back on her feet, FLUDD unit aiming straight at the blue Cataquack and spraying to draw its attention while moving towards the spot she thought would be beneath it. If she could just get the creature to quickly launch her again... "Ernesti, I will be ready to assist you in a moment!"

Yumeko would smile at Gon. "How kind of you! If you don't mind, that would be very helpful. I'm not a fan of being so clumsy..."

Leeds would scratch his head. "Somethin' else to do? Fuck if I know! I needed them little fuckers gone, that's it. You twerps can go back to your chain gang, or some shit, I dunno."

"GROOOOOOAAAAAH!!!!!!!"

Leeds looked up, a mild look of irritation on his face the only indication the loud roar affected him in any way. "The fuck was that?"

"Maybe that's where the Shine Sprite is!" Yumeko started to make her way towards the roar, but Leeds stepped in her path.

"Hold on, now. What if I were to offer you all a deal? I hear you're all lookin' for these." Digging into his pocket, Leeds produced a handful of blue coins.

He looked around, then leaned in. "I stole 'em off Harajuku Heidi and her little ratpack," he confided. "I can't stand that Momobami brat! Did you know one of her little bitch friends is the star of that concert those fatsos were yellin' about?"

"...is that so."

"That's why I wanna offer you fine folks a deal. I will give you not one, but TWO of these babies right here, if you let that monster trash the stage. The look on that starry-eyed bitch's face when she sees that ruined stage...it's gonna be priceless!"

Yamashiro felt this was all confusing; they rescued Leeds but his offer to let the monster destroy property was out of line with everything they had been doing so far. For now, she assumed a defensive position, running close to the stage and staying in front of it, between it and the monster. The other person seemed to be in an attack position so Yamashiro felt it would be wiser to serve as the protector, in defending position as if the stage were the fleet's flagship. She then fired her FLUDD at the monster:

"Yamashiro, taking defensive firing position!"

She focused her firing to direct the monster away from the stage, increasing pressure if it stepped in her and the stage's direction.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Minerva @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Bloopers

"GROOOOOOAAAAAH!!!!!!!"

"...is that so."

tumblr_ofda3a_Fj_Id1sig265o7_250.jpg

"..."

Two blue coins to let a monster trash a stage? Gon admittedly didn't have the best of memories, but even he was able to retain the value of the coins... to some degree at least.

He genuinely considered the offer, especially if no one was actually being hurt, but carefully weighed his priorities against one another. The people didn't have anything to do with Gon, so it wasn't technically his business to interfere with matters that didn't concern him, especially considering how they'd treated him and the rest of the group during their time at Isle Delfino so far, but... Well, the child was considered naive and wide-eyed for a reason. Perhaps less so than one would expect from a kid his age, but at the end of the day, he couldn't compare a few lousy coins to Leeds's gesture of petty revenge that would ruin peoples' days. The only way to approach the situation was to prove that they were good enough to rise above the accusations and charges they were accused of, after all.

Shaking his head, he clenched his fists zealously, shaking his head. "Sorry, but no deal, mister! When there's people and what they've built through hard work at stake, I'm not gonna stand idly by!" He exclaimed energetically, rushing forward alongside Hiyori and Yamashiro, aiding them in keeping the creature at bay with his FLUDD machine!

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Minerva @Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Takumi @Mari @Bloopers

tumblr_ofda3a_Fj_Id1sig265o3_250.png

"Gon Freecss!" The boy eagerly introduced himself as well, fortunately (and perhaps miraculously) not quite as dirty with goo as the others might be. "I'm good at lots of things! Cleaning's a real piece of cake!" He said confidently, clenching his fists in a gesture of zeal.

Glancing over at Ritsuka and Yamashiro, the boy lifted his FLUDD machine, which still had some water left in it. "Do you two need help washing off?" He offered. Fortunately for everyone involved (or unfortunately, even), it seemed that he was too young and oblivious to be motivated by wanting to see girls in wet clothing, considering the power behind the FLUDD machines, but it was what it was.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Mari @Minerva @Midnight Maiden @Takumi @Kaykay @BlooperTask

"GROOOOOOAAAAAH!!!!!!!"

"...is that so."

Yamashiro felt this was all confusing; they rescued Leeds but his offer to let the monster destroy property was out of line with everything they had been doing so far. For now, she assumed a defensive position, running close to the stage and staying in front of it, between it and the monster. The other person seemed to be in an attack position so Yamashiro felt it would be wiser to serve as the protector, in defending position as if the stage were the fleet's flagship. She then fired her FLUDD at the monster:

She focused her firing to direct the monster away from the stage, increasing pressure if it stepped in her and the stage's direction.

"Oh, thank you, Gon. That would be helpful." She said happily before she was interrupted by a roaring sound.

When the man offered the coins to let the Blooper destroy the stage, Ritsuka thought for a moment. She then shook her head.

" I'm sorry, but that... thing isn't just a threat to the stage, it's a threat to the shore, and it could disrupt fishing and trade on the island. It could potentially be devastating to economy of the island unless it's eliminated." She said. It was in her mind that this was part of the Rayshift: Defend the island from the Beast Class Servant so that development could continue.

Ritsuka took a position next to Yamashiro and fired her FLUDD as well.

@Takumi @Verite @Jeremi

"GROOOOOOAAAAAH!!!!!!!"

"...is that so."

tumblr_inline_nf4aoqkk3T1rkg9ed.png

Just as she said she would, Hiyori followed without hesitation, if a little slowly. She still appeared distant, as though lost in a trance after what all had transpired, but she was trying her damnedest to pull herself together. And thankfully, it looked like that wasn't something she had to do alone, for when they were on the boat- which, she noted, she almost didn't even realize they had traveled at all to reach -Yato pulled her into a loose embrace. It wasn't much, but it was comfort. Something that grounded her and reassured her that, while maybe things weren't alright, she at least wasn't having to face them alone.

And she really needed that, which was likely part of why she let him hold her, even taking the offer of leaning on him. Because right then, everything else just hurt too much.

But she had no choice but to put that pain aside, when they arrived at their destination. Yet again, people were in trouble. Danger lurked in every corner; danger that could be seen by the eyes of more than just gods or half-ayakashi like her. And she didn't know if that made things better or worse. Regardless, she, too, set to taking down the odd squid creatures even though they were kind of cute ;;, not intending to let them hurt these other people. That didn't, however, mean she intended to speak as she went about this duty. Though the smile from Yato certainly didn't go unnoticed or unappreciated. What did go unappreciated, however, was what followed.

tumblr_inline_nzohggn5Ij1r3leyb_100.png

A not-so-subtle frown came to blight her face at the request of the man, reinforced by a bribe of blue coins, the female's expression twisting from a sullen one to that of agitation. "You want us to... what?" she muttered, as though daring the man to repeat. "How can you have such petty priorities in a time of crisis like this?" she demanded, finding herself slightly surprised by how bold her own voice sounded. But she found she lacked the will to argue, instead gritting her teeth and clenching her fists at her sides, eyes briefly closing before she allowed herself to burst out. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not letting those creatures cause more problems than have already sprung up!"

Not another word was uttered. No eye contact made or time wasted. All there was was the sound of harsh footballs and a blur of pink and brown as Hiyori turned tail, dashing away towards the stage with newfound resolve. Perhaps she wasn't quite as nimble or bouncy or strong as she was in the spirit state, but it didn't matter; if she had to face this beast alone, she damn well would. After all, you couldn't always rely on others for everything. Sometimes matters had to be taken into your one's hands. She didn't care about those stupid coins, or if any of the others had the mind or intention to help or otherwise assist in that man's schemes. Hiyori Iki would not stoop to that, even if it meant a higher chance of survival.

What was the point of living, if you lived by doing the wrong thing?

So she ran, or perhaps leapt, into action, skidding to a stop only when she was about six feet from the monstrosity that was Gooper Blooper. She was approaching from behind, and promptly cupped her hands to her mouth, shouting at the large creature in all of it's girth. "Heyyyy!" she hollered, seeking nothing less than to gain it's attention. "Over here, you big... squid-thing!" she continued, unable to come up with any good insults that might provoke the thing. She was too nice to come up with anything in that regard. Still, she accentuated her words by squirting the creature with her FLUDD, following up(should that not have worked) with waving of her arms.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Mari @Minerva @Jeremi @Verite @Bloopers at the Harbor​

With the Bloopers defeated and Hiyori seeming a little better, Yato's mood lifted some. Though it didn't last long as what sounded like an even bigger Blooper was going to create havoc. Chuckling as they were bribbed with blue coins and given the chance to not help out, along with Hiyori's flat out refusal the god grinned.

tumblr_inline_n33y14IJ9M1qhtvp9.png

"Sorry, but my girl needs me." Yato replied with a finger gun or two before running after Hiyori, mentally slapping himself in the process.

Standing next to Hiyori he'd give her a chipper and playful smile.

photo.jpg

"Same old Hiyori, running head first into danger, at least let me give you a hand." he spoke before aiming his FLUDD and firing.

@Yun Lee @Midnight Maiden @Mari @Minerva @Jeremi @Verite @Bloopers at the Harbor

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person

"GROOOOOOAAAAAH!!!!!!!"

"...is that so."

@Mari @Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @Minerva @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Bloopers

"...I mean, unless that thing actually puts us in danger I'll take some coins dude."

Truth be told, Hina was pretty okay with the deal considering she had no stake in any of it, but if everyone was going to help anyway it didn't really matter. If she did nothing, they'd take care of it. If she helped, well, same thing. So might as well get something out of it, right?

@Mari @Jeremi @Verite @Yun Lee @Minerva @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Bloopers​

"GROOOOOOAAAAAH!!!!!!!"

"...is that so."

"Ah see, there lies a conundrum."
The Doctor started. "While a stage getting ravaged would be fine and dandy, we all know monsters do not rest after just one task. So I am afraid that I as well have to decline your offer. Even if the leader of this place is a horrible person, that doesn't mean that her inhabitants have to suffer." With that the Doctor as well would join the fray against the giant squid.​

Shaking his head, he clenched his fists zealously, shaking his head. "Sorry, but no deal, mister! When there's people and what they've built through hard work at stake, I'm not gonna stand idly by!" He exclaimed energetically, rushing forward alongside Hiyori and Yamashiro, aiding them in keeping the creature at bay with his FLUDD machine!

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Minerva @Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Takumi @Mari @Bloopers
" I'm sorry, but that... thing isn't just a threat to the stage, it's a threat to the shore, and it could disrupt fishing and trade on the island. It could potentially be devastating to economy of the island unless it's eliminated." She said. It was in her mind that this was part of the Rayshift: Defend the island from the Beast Class Servant so that development could continue.

Ritsuka took a position next to Yamashiro and fired her FLUDD as well.

@Takumi @Verite @Jeremi
With the Bloopers defeated and Hiyori seeming a little better, Yato's mood lifted some. Though it didn't last long as what sounded like an even bigger Blooper was going to create havoc. Chuckling as they were bribbed with blue coins and given the chance to not help out, along with Hiyori's flat out refusal the god grinned.

tumblr_inline_n33y14IJ9M1qhtvp9.png

"Sorry, but my girl needs me." Yato replied with a finger gun or two before running after Hiyori, mentally slapping himself in the process.

Standing next to Hiyori he'd give her a chipper and playful smile.

photo.jpg

"Same old Hiyori, running head first into danger, at least let me give you a hand." he spoke before aiming his FLUDD and firing.

tumblr_inline_nbyqrcNR2A1t155ma.jpg

Ahh, what was this...? After a few moments of trying to provoke and distract the beast, Hiyori was surprised to find that others were slowly joining her in her beginning assault on the creature. Something that was certainly nice- it appeared not everyone could be swayed by money, thankfully. Still, something occurred to her as she continued her onslaught with her FLUDD and the others seemed to do the same. Something she was about to voice, but was interrupted from doing so by the appearance of her favorite divine companion. It was a good thing that she hadn't heard his prior comment, that much was certain. Still, she smiled all the same. Even having had certainty he'd follow, it was nice seeing it come to fruition. To know he was there for her.

tumblr_inline_nzoh0prp2E1r3leyb_100.png

She only managed to smile upon hearing the comment, something of a half-hearted sheepish huff passing her lips as well. But out of all things, her smile ruled most supreme. "It can't be that dangerous..." she bluffed, as though in attempt to defend herself. The locals of this place made it clear this thing was a big deal in a threatening way. Which was precisely why she had 'ran head first into danger'. She couldn't let anyone here get hurt, let alone purposely stand back to let them do so. Especially not after they had already lost someone.

That was about when her epiphany came back to her, her spraying of the giant monster faltering and smile following suit. Her expression became slightly discouraged and disbelieving, and she piped up to the rest of her fellow attackers. "Erm, should we really be attacking this thing... With water? Isn't it a giant squid??" she pointed out timidly, silently praying that this squid happened to be allergic to it's natural habitat. Hey, maybe that was why it was here like this, on land!... Hopefully.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Mari @Minerva @Jeremi @Verite @BigBlooper​

• Love
When Rita touched the object, she would begin to glow faintly. Shantae, Maria, and Risky Boots would glow as well.

The object would then float into the air and fly off somewhere. As you made your way out of the windmill, you would be greeted by the same Pianta from earlier.

"Oh thank you! That monster was terrorizing our village for the longest time!" The Pianta exclaimed with glee.

"It was no problem! We're just happy to help!" Shantae said happily. The Pianta nodded in response.

"Well, I have nothing to give you in return, though you have my and everyone else's deepest gratitudes." The woman said. Without another word, she waltzed off. If you were to look around, you would see that the area still had a good amount of goop around.

You could either stay and wash the goop away with your FLUDD or head back to the boat if you felt like you were done here.

@York @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @BiancoHills

As the grotesque plant inexplicably melted into a mound of mud, Risky Boots recovered from Shantae's shove and walked to the foot of the pile just to spit on it. She offered Rita her thanks, but blinked as the girl began to glow, then peered down at her own two arms and hands to find the same happening to herself. Her confusion was short-lived, however, as she quickly recognized what it entailed. "Will we really be forced to play another one of those nutcases' games again?" Risky groaned. The pirate's sullen mood came to a quick end upon glancing Shantae's way, though. Shrugging off the implications of their luminous state and the cheapskate locals both, Risky Boots smirked as she sprayed Shantae with her FLUDD.

@thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies

Leeds watched the majority of the group run off and rolled his eyes. "Figures you're all a buncha goody-two-shoes. Ain't like you'll all get the magic immunity." He smiled at Hina, tossing her two coins. "At least one of you has some common sense."

"I'd like to stay behind too, please," Yumeko said, right by Hina's side. Leeds handed her two coins as well.

"Trust me, it ain't worth it. That gooper thing is one tough fuck."

@Kaykay

---------

Those arriving at the stage would find a squid a good ten times bigger than the others.
Gooper-Blooper-super-mario-sunshine-25606339-500-375.jpg

"GROOOOOAAAAAHHH!!!!" It roared at the group, completely unaffected by the water. It instead raised its four tentacles into the air, attempting to bring them down and crush them all!

@Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Verite @Jeremi @Takumi @GooperBlooper​

Leeds watched the majority of the group run off and rolled his eyes. "Figures you're all a buncha goody-two-shoes. Ain't like you'll all get the magic immunity." He smiled at Hina, tossing her two coins. "At least one of you has some common sense."

"I'd like to stay behind too, please," Yumeko said, right by Hina's side. Leeds handed her two coins as well.

"Trust me, it ain't worth it. That gooper thing is one tough fuck."

@Kaykay

---------

Those arriving at the stage would find a squid a good ten times bigger than the others.
Gooper-Blooper-super-mario-sunshine-25606339-500-375.jpg

"GROOOOOAAAAAHHH!!!!" It roared at the group, completely unaffected by the water. It instead raised its four tentacles into the air, attempting to bring them down and crush them all!

@Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Verite @Jeremi @Takumi @GooperBlooper​

Yamashiro noticed the squid seemed unaffected from the water. She looked towards the ground and saw rocks; would they affect something of that size? She shook her head and thought it would not work.

She remembered that they were standing in front of a stage. Something familiar about that, especially from the light cruiser Naka's frequent "idol" performances. She saw some chairs near the stage, most likely for audience use when there was a performance, just like at Naka's events.

"A bigger shell for a bigger enemy!"

She then went over, grabbed a chair, tossing it in front of her and aimed the FLUDD at it, firing the chair in a jet stream of water towards the giant squid.

"Stage chair, aimed and firing!"

She hoped the chair would cause damage, or drive the squid away.

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Verite @Jeremi @Takumi @gooperblooper

All the chair would do was break on the monster and make it even angrier. Its tentacle would slam right on the stage, knocking the wooden plank Yamashiro stood on to send her flying up into the air. If the group wasn't careful, she could really get hurt.

@Mari @Verite @Jeremi @Minerva @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @GooperBlooper​

Another gust of wind flew at All Might, but would do nothing.

Congrats! You successfully climbed up to the top of the walkway. And sure enough, there's something sparkling nearby. Looking closer, it would reveal itself to be a blue coin.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Walkway

All Might picked it up, a small smile on his face. "If I recall correctly, these things should give us some much needed help." He murmured. He figured it was time to meet up back at the harbor again, his little exploration having proved useful.

@Yun Lee

As the grotesque plant inexplicably melted into a mound of mud, Risky Boots recovered from Shantae's shove and walked to the foot of the pile just to spit on it. She offered Rita her thanks, but blinked as the girl began to glow, then peered down at her own two arms and hands to find the same happening to herself. Her confusion was short-lived, however, as she quickly recognized what it entailed. "Will we really be forced to play another one of those nutcases' games again?" Risky groaned. The pirate's sullen mood came to a quick end upon glancing Shantae's way, though. Shrugging off the implications of their luminous state and the cheapskate locals both, Risky Boots smirked as she sprayed Shantae with her FLUDD.

@thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies
"So, where do you guys wanna go no--HEY!"

Before Shantae could even finish her question, she was suddenly assaulted by a burst of water from none other than Risky Boots herself! That fiend!

With a smirk of her own curling across her lips, the half-genie would spray Risky back in her stupid face!

Ya, see how you like it >:T

@Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 @York @BiancoHills

• Love
Reactions: Archmage Jeremiah