Illusion Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
With almost robotic reactions, Terra of the Left managed to deflect a few bullets with his sword, though evaded the rest of the shots, a small crack visible on his otherwise rusty blade. He would leap back when Frank would make his move, managing to block the knife attack with his blade, only for his sword to shatter in half! Antiques were priceless, but they were also sturdy, it seemed.

Stepping back, the man would fumble quickly for his bag, getting another handful of flour. "Damn you! I have the power of the Lord on my side! You'll not best me!" He yelled, throwing the handful at Frank. However, fortunately for Frank, in Terra of the Left's panic, it looked like he forgot to apply his spell to the flour, so each flake harmlessly applied itself onto Frank.​

Frank took the flour without much reaction. He covered his eyes and growled in annoyance before simply going to swing the knife across at the man's neck. Forget information. Frank was angry. His slash was shortly followed up a series of vicious hacks at his neck and torso, regardless of which or if one killed him, ending on the sixth or seventh no matter the outcome.​

"Set precedence! Adjust m--GAAAUUGHH!" Terra of the Left began to say, intending to use his magic to set the precedence of his flesh over the knife's metal, but it seemed that Frank was too fast for him. Because Terra of the Left had neglected to change up his spell, which still had metal having "precedence" far above flesh, it was especially easy for Frank to stab and pull out, almost as though he were stabbing a piece of construction paper or so. He let out a pained, anguished scream for every stab Frank inflicted, but before long, Frank would feel a firm hand grab his wrist, stopping him.

"Before you go all out, I'd at least advise getting what we can from him," the calm voice of Archer spoke, seemingly uncaring of the brutality that Frank displayed, in contrast to the shaken up Rin, who stood behind, only able to watch silently, attempting to ease her breathing from the display before her.

"M-Monster! Devil! Demon! Get away from me!"

"... You certainly leave quite the impression."

02e.png

Last edited:
There was a look in his eyes that showed that Frank simply didn't care. The former vigilante was filled with a righteous fury. He looked at Rin and stopped, though. Her expression forced him to calm down. With a nod, he faced the man on the ground and slowly put a boot on one of his wounds. "Tell us everything. Who sent you, if anyone? Was it a part of the war?" Frank didn't care about betraying information. He planned to kill the idiot for hurting Rin. His weight started to go down onto the wound.​

"GUAAGH!" Terra of the Left could only yelp in agony as the wound was deepened, his gaze fixated on Frank, "The war... Ahaha, ah, y-yes, the war! Not your petty war! Oh, no, not your petty Holy Grail War! When the hour comes, Fiamma of the Right will begin World War III and wipe people like you off the face of the Earth!" He laughed deliriously, much to the ire of Archer and Rin.

Fiamma of the Right. The same name that the young man who attacked the day before, Teitoku Kakine, had mentioned so idly.

"Hmm... not related to this Holy Grail War?" Rin murmured, cupping her chin briefly, "I've never heard of any mage called Fiamma of the Right... and I've certainly never seen or heard of you around the Association before, yet how would someone with your capabilities know of something like the Holy Grail War, yet seem to use magecraft foreign to me, among other things?" she spoke, attempting to remain calm in spite of Frank's brutality. On one hand, pressure like this was necessary for interrogation, but on the other, maybe he was going a little overboard. At least, in her opinion anyway. Archer couldn't care less, on the other hand.

"... Unless you're not from this world?"

"Aha... s-so you finally caught it. Not bad, Rin Tohsaka," Terra of the Left coughed up, blood rising from his mouth. Rin scowled briefly at hearing her name be mentioned. How was it that someone who claimed to be from another world would know her name? And why would others be after her anyway? It was true that she was a prodigy within the world of mages, and thus, it would be natural to assume she'd be a fearsome Master... even though, for one, others likely shouldn't even know that she was a Master already, and two, Terra of the Left was not from their world.​

That was enough of the cryptic answers. Frank ground his boot into the wound. "You better quit it with the mumbo jumbo and become more forthcoming. I can hurt you a lot worse than I already have. Who are all those people you mentioned? And, if you're not of this world, where are you from?"​

"NNGHHUAGH!" Terra of the Left screamed, breathing rapidly as Frank applied more pressure, "Tch... I may not know you, devil, but I do not fear death. You may promise a fate worse than death... but it cannot be so. You may think you know despair and death, but not like this. Not like him..." He spoke, more blood seeping from his mouth, "Fiamma of the Right is the leader of God's Right Seat... He is the highest power in all the Roman Catholic Church, kneeling only to the Pope and the Lord himself. Believe me... Holy men know just as much about kindness as they do despair," the man said, coughing up more blood, his vision steadily growing blurry.

"As for where I come from... Ahaha, do not worry, friend. You'll find out soon enough. A world with magic far more powerful than this pathetic magecraft blasphemy, that I can tell you!" He laughed, practically using up the rest of his breath and energy into laughing, as though confident that his side would win the war, despite himself losing this battle right here.

"How annoying. Doesn't look like we're going to get much more out of him, and he said it himself, it doesn't look like we've seen the last of his forces. Let's throw him off already... unless his magic prevents that from killing him?"

03b.png

Last edited:
Frank nodded at all of this. He crouched down. "I think he'd survive the fall." A look of quiet anger settled over him. "You see, I'm not the same man I was when Rin found me. It's been a while since I killed a man that didn't pose a threat to her. Here's the thing... You gave it all away. We're going to be ready now. I'm going to prepare. And, when your leader comes, I'm going to blow his brains out. So you're useless to us... Not to mention you attacked the only person I care about. So you're not walking away."

Frank didn't hesitate to stab at the man's throat.​

"Kyahaha, you think your muggle weapons can tarnish the wielder of God's Right Hand?! Try as you might, you'll never be able to prepare for him! You're as good as--GAKGH!" Terra of the Left raved on, before his ravings were permanently put to an abrupt end.

All the while, Rin was watching from behind, having grown pale from witnessing Frank's cruel display of brutality in what she assumed to be its former glory. Before long, however, she would let out a pained groan, falling to one knee as she clutched the wound that had been inflicted upon her earlier. Seemed like Terra of the Left really could make pellets be like bullets, as one could see there was a clean hole straight through her side.

"Tch... so much for being prepared at all times. What a pain," the teenager grunted, gritting her teeth in pain as she attempted to stop the bleeding. Before long, her hand would glow a cyan as she seemed to be working her magecraft on herself.

"It looks like we'll have to wrap that wound up as soon as we can, even if your magecraft is able to delay the bleeding," Archer spoke calmly, still with that almost unconcerned kind of tone, "It's quite a surprise what that man was capable of," he continued, glancing coldly at the corpse of Terra of the Left, "He didn't exactly seem like a boss type to me, but for a smaller fry, he came off as quite powerful. No Magic Circuits from what I can tell, but then again, if he was from another world... Hmm, that might be it. Either way, I am surprised you managed to solo him, Mr. Castle. Though then again... you mentioned you had experience against mages?"

If Rin was frightened by what she'd just seen Frank do, she probably bad quite a few surprises in store. There was little he wouldn't do in his defense. "I have experience with a different sort of mage. The kind that makes the mages of this world look like chumps." With that, he jogged over to Rin, examining the wound. "We need to clean and close the wound. Not just bandage it."​

"Oh jeez, you're not gonna try to cauterize it, are you? I'm not as used to laying a hot stove on my wound as you might be," Rin said, pursing her lips as she struggled to stand up still.

Archer crossed his arms, glancing at Frank. "I'd suggest you grab onto me. I could get you and Rin back to the mansion, and hopefully, we'll be able to find some medical supplies there or so. Unless you have another alternative?"

"If it comes to that," He said with a straight face. "Don't worry. I'd knock you out first." His gaze swung to Archer. "You can clear the distance to the mansion? Fine. Let's go." He came over and clasped onto Archer, then grunted at Rin. "We ain't got time to mess around. You bleed out and I'll kill you, Tohsaka."​

"Well, people normally die when they're killed," Rin said. Still had time for spunk even when bleeding, it looked like. With that, Archer would pick her up in his arms, glancing back at Frank to make sure his grip was firm enough.

"This'll be a bumpy ride, but it'll be brief. Don't slip, because I might lose sight of you."

With little more warning than that, Archer would dash off at supersonic speeds, faster than the human eye could follow. Though it had never been calculated for sure, if one were to try, they would probably find that Archer could move at speeds of Mach 15, and thus, they reached Rin's mansion in no time with that. And wouldn't you know, he was actually supposed to be statistically one of the weaker Servants. Not that anyone would know at this point of the war.

Before Frank would know it, they'd be right back in Rin's home, in the living room to be exact. Digging through the place like a breeze, the red and black clad Servant would quickly find a first-aid kit, full of basic but effective tools for Frank to use.

"Right. I've no knowledge on orthodox healing methods, and I've exerted too much mana at the moment from having to move great distances in so little time, and it doesn't help that with Rin's health currently deteriorating, her ability to passively provide me with magical energy is decreasing, as her Magic Circuit is so busy focusing on preserving itself at the moment," Archer spoke, crossing his arms and stepping back, letting Frank do what he pleased.

"... Ah, so what did you mean by knocking me out, exactly?"

Frank muttered. Anesthesiacs weren't in basic first aid. Just things like Advil, as far as pain went. "Well, I can hit you on the head, unless Aricher can borrow some medicine that might work. Or you can tough what I'm going to have to do... and that's going to hurt. Maybe more than anything you've experienced up until this point. The wound is too small to be sewn shut, Rin, and, as much experience as I have treating myself for various injuries, I'm not a doctor."​

"I see... I'll bear with it if I have to, but--"

"Doesn't this modern era make use of something called the Vulcan nerve grip or something of the sort?" Archer asked out of the blue, making use of the knowledge of the present day he got from his time within the Throne of Heroes, pressing a pressure point on Rin's body that would instantly knock her out cold, her limp body hitting the soft couch that she was sitting on just then with a soft "whoomph."

"... Oops," Archer said with a deadpan expression. He was obviously not really that sorry, but it wasn't like what he did was completely intentional anyway.​

"I see... I'll bear with it if I have to, but--"

"Doesn't this modern era make use of something called the Vulcan nerve grip or something of the sort?" Archer asked out of the blue, making use of the knowledge of the present day he got from his time within the Throne of Heroes, pressing a pressure point on Rin's body that would instantly knock her out cold, her limp body hitting the soft couch that she was sitting on just then with a soft "whoomph."

"... Oops," Archer said with a deadpan expression. He was obviously not really that sorry, but it wasn't like what he did was completely intentional anyway.​

"Well... That works. Thanks." Frank immediately went about the fairly long process of completely cleaning and closing the room. Given that he ended up cauterizing the wounds in the end, she would be in a lot of pain when she woke up. A lot.​

Archer watched calmly without any change on his expression, simply standing there and crossing his arms. "You've a lot of experience in this area, eh? I imagine if you're used to doing this to yourself, you're the type of person who'd have long since passed the point of getting used to it, and gotten to a point where it became more harmful than anything," he spoke. Meanwhile, fortunately for Frank, the nature of the wound wasn't abnormal or anything, so it likely wasn't anything he hadn't encountered before.

Before long, somewhere around forty-five minutes later, after Frank was done with his business, Rin would awaken, feeling extremely sore and in pain, but ultimately okay now. "Ow... what... what happened? Tch... jeez, this really hurts," she murmured, looking down at the place where her wound was.

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty."

He gave Archer a look that said he wasn't wrong. The scars that decorated his torso attested to that. "It's going to hurt for a pretty long while. It'll probably scar. You should be alright, though, if you're even half as tough as I am." The former vigilante and soldier was obviously no stranger to bullet wounds. "I can probably get medicine to dull the pain. I don't think I should, though. Dulls the senses, too."​

12d.png

"Ech, what a pain..."
Rin murmured quietly to herself, gently holding the place where her wound was forcibly sealed, visibly trying to deal with the pain as it began to manifest for her. After taking a breath and adjusting to being actively awake again, attempting to calm herself down and focus, the young woman would focus magecraft in her hand, presumably performing some sort of spell to dull the lingering pain in the meantime, glancing at Archer, "Well... looks like I won't be able to supply you with a lot of mana for now, since I'll have to focus on getting better," she breathed, "You're not gonna disappear on me if I focus on myself for a bit, are you?"

"Nothing to worry about, Master," Archer replied, shaking his head briefly, "After all, an Archer-class Servant like me has the class ability of Independent Action. Unlike most other Servants, I can linger for at least a day or more even if you were to die. Long enough for me to find another Master if that event comes," he said somewhat facetiously with a laid-back smirk, crossing his arms.

"Jeez, you're just the worst..." Rin pouted, before looking at Frank, "So... I guess we need to discuss what happened today... and about that Fiamma of the Right guy that kept popping up... Did the people who attacked this house mention him too?"

Last edited:
"Not that I remember. They're clearly related, though." Frank was thinking. "Whatever is happening, we need to buckle down. Keep ready. We need weapons like this knife in case there are more people like him. Things that can hurt them." Frank paused. "We're probably going to have to kill a lot of people, Rin. Maybe use some... less than humane tactics. Are you sure you don't want to just sit behind Archer and I? You know what I can... and will... do."​

Status
Not open for further replies.