Illusion Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
4K45EjV.png

"The Command Seals are proof that Masters are who they are, and a physical manifestation of a Servant's obligation to them," Rin said, raising her hand and showing off hers. "The Seal is made up of three Command Spells, each of which can make a Servant do whatever you want by force, whether they want to or not... like retreating from battle," She continued, observing Saber. Her body movements obviously indicated that she was itching heavily to fight Archer again, but the Command Spell seemed to prevent her from doing so, "But if you use all three of them up, your contract with the Servant ends there. And they could kill you right there if your relationship is... sour."

As Frank would speak to Shirou, he would step around Saber, the blonde woman attempting to urge him to stay put, but finding that she could barely move her body for the time being. "The people from before... Who were they anyway? What did they want from me?"

And then suddenly.

Grroowwl.

Tsuchimikado laughed a little. "Eheheh... sorry. I'm a little hungry. Could we get something to eat inside if the fighting's done for now?"

"That would... actually be a sound idea. I am somewhat famished myself," Ciel commented.

"Is this really the time?" Archer sighed.

Saber silently gave them the evil suspicious look for now.​

"The soldiers were... from another world. I'm guessing they wanted you because they're hunting mages. As for Lancer... he's a Servant, like this one," He gestured at Saber. "And said he was trying to make sure there were no non-mage witnesses, so he came after us. I think." The old man sighed and rubbed his temples. "... How did you summon your servant anyways?"

Frank just glowered at the two discussing food.​

"Another... world?" Shirou asked quizzically, blinking for a brief moment while Saber hesitantly withdrew her sword, the wind shifting a bit as her invisible sword, for a lack of a better word, "disappeared."

"What's a... Servant? Do you know something about this person? I was being attacked by that man in blue, and then suddenly, she showed up and saved me, calling me Master... I don't understand," He continued, still somewhat lost, "I only remember... a small white circle in my shed appearing. Like it was a magical seal, but I don't remember putting it there. My hand had been hurting for some time, and then when she... Saber showed up, this mark suddenly appeared," the young man spoke, showing off his own Command Seal.

0023.jpg

Unlike Rin's Seal, which had all three spells on it still, one of the spells on Shirou's Seal wasn't glowing red like the others, signaling his reckless, and possibly completely accidental, use of one the spells to stop Saber from attacking Archer.

"Oh, dear... Looks like we've got a lot of explaining to do," Rin sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose briefly, "I wanted the damn Saber class, and of all people, the one who gets it is the one who doesn't even know what Masters and Servants are supposed to be..."

Looked like she was jealous of the Servant that Shirou got.

"If we're gonna get a lot of boring exposition, can we get it with a midnight snack?"

Shirou blinked, raising an eyebrow briefly at Tsuchimikado, before nodding uneasily. "Ah... sure. I guess my hands have stopped shaking enough that I can hold a pan... I think," he said, "It's the least I can do to thank Mr. Castle for protecting me. And you too, Tohsaka-san. I think..."

05e.png

"W-Whatever. Let's go. I guess I haven't had anything to eat in a while either..."

Last edited:
Frank for ready to protest, but, then Shirou offered food, and his hard expression seemed to soften quite a bit. "... Alright, fine. If it's not too much trouble." He shifted before taking a few steps forward. "You don't owe me anything, though, Shirou. I did a less than spectacular job keeping you safe." He smiled faintly.​

"Well, I'm still alive... I think. That's gotta count for something, right?" Shirou asked, before turning around and beginning to walk back into his home, weakly beckoning for everyone else to follow.

- - -

The living room was something of a mess, likely as a result of Lancer having attacked Shirou earlier in his home, assuming that the figure that was seen fleeing earlier was indeed Lancer. Windows were smashed, a vase was broken, the doors were caved in a little, the works.

06c.png

Rin sighed.

"Let me just... tidy this place up a bit."

- - -

While Shirou prepared some food, the kitchen thankfully untouched, the others would be settled down at the table in the center. The kotatsu to be exact. Compared to Rin's more Western-styled mansion, this definitely resembled a more traditional household in Japan, seeing as how everyone had to sit on the ground to eat, for one thing.

aoDUNbG.png

By the time Rin was finished, the place looked as good as new again. All the windows and other things that were destroyed were repaired thanks to her Reinforcement magecraft. Phew. All in a day's work, huh?

02c.png

"So it seems that some of you are already acquainted with my Master... I must apologize for my rash behavior then, as I mistook you for the allies of Lancer, the one who had attacked him just before I was summoned," Saber apologized formally.

"I suppose it couldn't be helped, since I am another Master, and Archer here is my Servant, but... well, I can assure you that if we wanted to pick a fight, we wouldn't be inside being treated to a late meal."

"Is that so? You do not have the look of people who would deceive other... Not sure if I can say the same for your Servant, but in any case, I must once again apologize."

Last edited:
Frank simply observed the back and forth in silence. His eyes focused on Saber now. "You beat Lancer?" As far as he knew, Archer hadn't managed that.​

"Yes. He was quite a challenge, but he fled rather quickly, stating that he had already far overstepped his bounds and original orders of simply scouting around. Quite a way to be summoned if I do say so myself," Saber spoke.

- - -

Flaaaashback.

The fight went a little something like...

2014122909434492174.gif

Yeah, it was something like this. It's not fast-forwarded in any way or anything either. At least, I don't think it is.

- - -

"I suppose that's to be expected. Even with a shoddy Master, the Saber class is generally known as the strongest class, though strength will mean little with someone who has no concept of strategy... let alone what a Servant is even supposed to be," Rin muttered, still salty over Saber seemingly being in the hands of someone like Shirou.

"Ah... instead of complaining about whatever, could I at least get a summary of what you're even annoyed about, Tohsaka?" He asked, eventually finishing up and serving a modest amount of rice, fish, vegetables, the works. A real full meal. Much more than a "midnight snack" as Tsuchimikado earlier had described, but eh, that was fine.

"Woo! Thanks for the food!" Tsuchimikado exclaimed as he began to dig in.

"Thank you for the food," Ciel nodded, doing the same.

"Tch, fine... Where do I start?"

- - -

After a lengthy explanation and introduction of the Holy Grail War, the war that Shirou seemed to have joined by complete accident, as well as what the definitions of certain terminology like "Servant" and "Command Seals" were, Shirou would scratch his head, not exactly sure if he got it all or if he got lost somewhere along the line.

"And that's... the basics of it, kind of," Rin said with a tired sigh.

"... I see. I think. So where do we go from here?"

"... Uh... Well..."

Rin wasn't adamant enough to spell out to his oblivious ass that they'd probably have to fight each other to the death to obtain the goal of the war, the mystical Holy Grail, just so that they could have a wish be granted.​

Last edited:
Frank looked between the two quietly for a few seconds. "... Here's where we leave." He gave Rin a stern look, then almost imperceptibly tilted his head at Saber. If she was as powerful as Rin claimed... it was best they didn't tell him more than they needed to while they were so vulnerable.​

"Aww, but we just got here!"

"Please stop talking..." Archer muttered to Tsuchimikado.

"Well, if nothing else, I might just stay and lead Emiya here to Kotomine so that damn priest can explain it in further depth than I can," Rin sighed, brushing aside some hair.

Suddenly, before Frank and the others who were content with leaving could get very far, a strange sight would come across everyone there.

9e0febc2636737abd4333e4a20d17d19.png

A strange bird, composed of what appeared to be magical wire or something of the sort, would enter the household. Initially, it didn't seem harmless, or even capable of any harm for that matter.

"What the...?"

Ciel silently put a hand under her robes, as if intending to draw some weapons, but waited to see just what would happen, as would Archer, who would tense up greatly, ready to project his swords again at a moment's notice.

"Eh... what's this?" Rin would inquire as the bird-looking thing would fly towards her, stopping in front of her face.

"That's not yours, Tohsaka?"

"No, wire magic isn't my specialty. Though I wonder..."

Frank got ready to spring into action, if need be... but, for now, he just slowly moved closer.​

"Stay very still. Maybe it'll say non-aggressive if we don't make any sudden movements."

Poke.

The bird poked Rin in the eye.

"YAAAAAGHH! DAAAMNN YOUUU!" Rin yelled, covering her eye with her hand, before reinforcing the physical strength in her arm and delivering a powered punch at the bird, causing it to instantly break apart like some sort of fragile structure.

fd_04a.png

BAM.

Well, at least her eye was fine.

Once the bird would disappear, Rin would quickly come down, breathing heavily. "Wait... that wire magic... I know a family that specializes in that sort of magecraft," Rin spoke, walking out of the house and into the street, where she would face in the northern direction, "The Einzberns... So she's come to mock me?"

"Ehh... maybe they had a message."

"Oh, I know they did. Because if that was supposed to be a frontal assault, I'm disappointed," she commented, "Well, I guess we know where to go next."

"If we are to move, it will have to be during the morning, unless you'd rather risk getting lost in the forest on the outskirts of town," Ciel said, "Quite an unorthodox way to send a message if I do say so myself though."

Last edited:
"... You all rest. I'll stay up with the Servants. Keep watch." Frank hated magic. He really did. He knew he was out of his depth.​

04a.png

"Well, before we rest up, actually, I may as well bring Emiya-kun and Saber to Kotomine. I'm sure he'll have an easier time than I did explaining the Holy Grail War. There's likely a lot of details I accidentally skipped over, but don't worry. Archer will take care of me. I'll be back before you know it. In any case, just head back to the mansion. I'll be back before you know it, alright?" She spoke to Frank, quickly calming down after her eye was almost poked out, it seemed.

"And then first thing tomorrow, we'll venture to Einzbern and pay her a visit. And I'll give her a piece of my mind too while I'm at it..." Rin muttered under her breath.​

Last edited:
He gave her a helpless look. "Just... be careful... okay...?" The old man's voice got much smaller.​

04c.png

"Don't worry. I said I'll be fine," Rin said with a small smile, "You should think about yourself more often. I can't be the only person around to worry about you, y'know," she spoke, before beginning to drag Shirou by the arm, "Alright, and you! Let's go! We're going to pay a priest a visit! May as well give him an update on what's been going on while I'm at it."

"H-Hey, wait! I haven't even cleaned up yet!"

"No time for that! Let's go! You won't object. Right, Saber?"

03a.png

"I suppose not. A Master who has no experience in much magecraft, let alone battle experience or anything of the sort, would only slow me down. If this is the best that we may go to, then I am content with allying myself with a rival Master. I am ready to go whenever."

"I suppose in that case, I will simply accompany you via spirit form to conserve energy. Do not try anything, Saber," Archer spoke, and with that, disappeared with a small burst of mana.

"Well, in any case, if there's nothing left for us to do, we should head back to the mansion," Ciel spoke, standing up and beginning to leave just like that.

"Yep yep! Let's go!"

With that being said, everyone in the house would seem to go their separate ways. It seemed that everyone had their game all planned out for the next day, and things would be according to plan.

If only Frank knew what would become of him come the next day.

The cycle that had followed him, even after the death of the Arch Demon.

To be continued in Right Hand of the Crimson Moon!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
Status
Not open for further replies.