Murder Tale VI: Space Jam [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epilogue
"It's the Slam Jam!"

Continued from here.

9080e76653a80e43ae2058432bc76806_400x400.jpeg

From the shadows of... somewhere, the eccentric man known as Bill Murray made himself known to you all, a nonchalant expression on his face as he seemed to give off a more sinister vibe than before. Despite the fact that the men who described themselves as Murray's prisoners were standing before him, he seemed quite calm, if not just a tiny bit disappointed in you all.

"So... you discovered the real reason why I gathered you all here. No, it wasn't just because I wanted to see random people come from around the multiverse just to have fun and play basketball for the heck of it... Slam Spirit is a beautiful substance. One that I couldn't just let go to waste on retired has-beens like old Michael, Yao, and Charlie here," he said with something of a disinterested tone, before taking a small breath and taking a glance at his drink, and then continuing.

"However, it's a very volatile and unstable substance. An unregulated drop has the potential to overload someone with spirit and destroy them from the inside out, but when you fine-tune it very carefully, it does wonders. Like steroids, but without the after-effects," Bill Murray explained, taking a sip of the beverage.

"But why, Bill?!" Michael Jordan exclaimed dramatically, "We were friends! If it wasn't for you, Bugs, Taz, everyone... We wouldn't have been able to beat the Nerdlucks without your help! So why?! You know how dangerous the Slam Spirit can be!"

"That's a very good question, Bill. Remember back then... Right before the Nerdlucks showed up! You remember that nice conversation we had, playing golf with the fellas? Do you remember, Michael?"

"Golf... Yeah, I remember," Michael nodded, crossing his arms, "But what about it?"

"No, no, no... You really don't remember, do you? Lemme refresh you just a bit!"

- - -

FLASHBACK - 20 YEARS AGO

The golf field was quite relaxing. The grass was beautifully green, the sun was shining brightly, and the air smelled of dog shit and flies, just like a typical, laid-back day in the park.

ahkPOqj.gif

"You think I got a shot?" Bill asked Michael. After Michael had initially retired from basketball to pursue (unsuccessfully) a career in baseball, the unassuming Bill Murray decided that perhaps... it was time for him to get another shot at fame too! No one really cared for him after Ghostbusters 2, so maybe if he could be in the limelight, at least one more time...

Upon asking the question, Bill would be met by nothing but a smirk. A patronizing look from Michael, as though the star almost wanted to laugh at him. It pained Bill more than anything. When even your friend laughs at your dreams...

"No," the resounding word that resonated within Bill Murray's mind, even twenty years later. At the time, he had thought nothing of the negative response, and doubled up with another quip.

Qy5DZiE.jpg

"It's because I'm white, ain't it?!"

Michael shifted uncomfortably. That must be it!

Little did Michael Jordan realize, little did he ever take any thought to, that on that day, he nearly crushed Bill Murray's dreams like an ant beneath a boot. But on that day, while a man of childlike hope died, a man with a plan was born.

Even if he had helped Michael and the Looney Tunes beat the Nerdlucks all those years ago, Bill wondered... When was it going to be his time? He'd be damned before he'd let himself stay as a ref for the rest of his life. No, no, no!

Bill Murray was going to be a basketball star, one way or another! This, he would make sure to see through to the end!

- - -

wmgdrD9.gif

"Aaah... Now, I have to kill all of you! Now that you've found out about my master plan to siphon Slam Spirit into you all and have you all become my team of loyal, obedient slammers, with me as the MVP once I made absolutely sure that it was safe, it's time for you all to go!"

"Oh yeah? How do you think you're gonna take us all on?!" Yao Ming asked skeptically.

"It's simple. Even though you're way bigger than me, all the Slam Spirit I siphoned out of you has made you far weaker! Just look at Barkley over there! You might not know it, but I bet at this point, you wouldn't even be able to make a mark if you were to punch wet mud and--"

BLAM.

Bill Murray got knocked the fuck out when Michael Jordan decided to walk up and just punch him in the face

That was anticlimactic, but is anyone complaining?

Bij6cZx.png

"Guess in that case, you're lower than dirt, Bill."

Zing?

Without missing a beat, Michael would kneel down besides Bill's unconscious body, digging through and searching around, as though looking for something, before grinning widely with an "Aha!"

Standing up, holding a strange looking device in his hand, Michael would press the one button on it, and suddenly, a portal would pop up, appearing before you all.

Blue_Portal.png

"That guy... Carrying such a weird thing with him. I wonder if there was another way, but... At this point, he's been gone for too long at this point. Anyway, you guys are free now. You can go home and be free again. No more jams, no more slams. Just back to your ordinary life. Go on then, off you go!"

"Thanks for everything. Without you guys, we wouldn't have been able to be set free and stop Bill. Who knows how far he would have gone? If left unchecked, he probably would have ended up trying to form a small army of slam spirit super soldiers, but... I won't entertain the thought any further..."

"We'll take it from here. Just think of today as the weirdest Tuesday ever, alright? Alright."

The end <3

~CAST LIST~
@DapperDogman as Wild Dog (DC Comics)
@Krieg as Ty-kun (OC)
@The Tactician as Isaiah Mustafa (Old Spice)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Fluttershy (My Little Pony)
@C.T. as Revy (Black Lagoon)
@Bomb as Delphox (Pokemon)
@Hospes as Princess Buttercup (The Princess Bride)
@BarrenThin as Darth Shen (Star Wars)
@Kakarot! as Roberta (Black Lagoon)
@york as Tomoyo Sakagami (Clannad)
@Sen as Emalf (The Gray Garden)
@Hana as Reficul (The Gray Garden)
@Gwazi Magnum as Terry Crews (Old Spice)
@The Great Detective as Coral (Splatoon)
@Kaykay as Eruna Ichinomiya (Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku)
@Jeremi as Blacker Baron (Anarchy Reigns)
@Lizzy as Blue (Wolf's Rain)
@DBZ7 as Eda (Black Lagoon)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Tiara (Fairy Fencer F)
@The Silver Paladin as Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)
@Crow as Mirei Hayasaka (iDOLM@STER)
@Yatagarasu as Jeanne (Bayonetta)
@ResistingTheEnlightened as Robert Lutece (BioShock)
@Saint Guillotine as Darius (League of Legends)
@Atomyk as Cole MacGrath (inFamous)​
Tomoyo Sakagami - Epilogue; The Loose Canon
@DapperDogman @Krieg @The Tactician [USER=10723]@Archmage Jeremiah[/USER] @C.T. @Bomb @Hospes @BarrenThin [USER=17130]@Kakarot![/USER] @Verite @Sen @Hana @Gwazi Magnum @The Great Detective @Kaykay @Jeremi @Lizzy @DBZ7 @Schnee Corp Lawyer@The Silver Paladin @Crow @Yatagarasu @ResistingTheEnlightened @Saint Guillotine @Atomyk

full_911031105.jpg

"That's a shame... I kind of wanted to kick him in a garbage chute or something." Tomoyo said, she seemed a little disappointed, but, at the same time, a little relieved it was over... She decided to take Micheal's advice to heart, giving everyone a small wave "Um... Even if it's a dream... I hope we'll know each other better... But until then... Arigato!" she said... Sounding exceptionally "anime-esque" as she said that... Well, what did you expect from an anime character? At any rate, Tomoyo looked like she was "peacing out"... Though, her experience here, might derail her "canonical course" in her own timeline more than she might think...

Mumble mumble mumble... Tomoyo's vision didn't quite return to her at first, but, she could hear a distinct voice, being broadcasted across speakers, though, she couldn't quite hear what it was saying... Though, it became apparant that her own lips were moving... All of a sudden, the mumbling stopped, and there was an loud applause, causing her to snap back to reality abruptly, blinking a little as her vision finally snapped into focus to see... A crowd before her... She looked down, blinking a little before she suddenly realized... That was HER mumbling she had been hearing!
clannad-2411.jpg

Somehow, through her seemingly trance-like state, she had finished her speech in front of her entire audience, and they were none the wiser to her eyes having glazed over slightly... Was that whole basketball game just a strange daydream? As she was walking down the hall it was unclear what exactly had happened to her during that speech of hers... But... Welp, no time to think about it now! Sunohara incoming, left flank! Well, it looked like Tomoya wasn't joining him for once, but, judging by the basketball he was carrying, he might have been ditched big-time... Because... Because... Uh... That pang Tomoyo felt in her heart reminded her not to continue that train of thought any longer... Instead, she braced herself for another short-lived fight, but, it seemed Sunohara wasn't exactly... Picking a fight? Nope! He was literally walking right past her, without taking notice! He was muttering something about no-one joining the basketball match he planned to have with a rather... Well known basketball team, something about keeping the theatre club in business? Uh oh, and for some reason... Tomoyo was feeling the SLAM SPIRIT! Looks like that drink she had downed really messed with her "canon" behavior... Regardless of whether it was a dream or not when she did that... (Placebo maybe?) Even if it was the slightest change (or so it seemed). She suddenly waved her hands, attempting to flag Sunohara down "Hey! I'll join... After all... I'm part of the theater club too." she said, and it seemed it did the trick... She got his attention, though she wasn't quite sure what came over her... But, well, she instantly regretted it soon enough.
OtVWXCf.jpg

"You know... Our gap in strength will definitely make you look bad in a game... Right?" Sunohara practically asserted, being his cocky, usual, self... Tomoyo groaned "You don't remember yesterday... Do you?" she asked...

FLASHBACK!
"YAAAAAH! I've been humiliated for the last time, TOMOYO SAKAGAMIIIII!!!!" Sunohara shouted as he charged down the hall, jumping in the air as he attempted to perform what could only be described as some sort of silly "Flying Cranekick" maneuver... And then...

SPLAT!
clannad-as-episode-1-sunohara-face-to-wall.jpg

Random Wall: 3 Sunohara: 0

One could almost hear a bell ringing, as if this were the end of an boxing match or something...

Back To Reality

Sunohara seemed aloooot less confident, but, he tried to keep up his charade anyways.
13ddec19d8b7f769.jpg

"Ah... But you see-..." He started, but, he was abruptly cut off my Tomoyo just grabbing the basketbal from him.
Tomoyo-Sakagami-clannad-34546387-410-290.png

"Whatever... I'm practicing for the game... Join me... Or don't, I don't care."
Tomoyo said... And not even waiting for a response, she headed down the hall, towards the gym, leaving a very confused Sunohara, completely speechless... He lifted his finger again, about to say something... But, instead, he just sort of let his arms drop as he watched Tomoyo walk off just like that...
clannad_sunohara.jpg

"...." Looks like even Sunohara realized there was something different about Tomoyo now...

tumblr_inline_o0rjwbXb2K1sp262z_540.png

rPByYyw.png

Hmm... This scene looked miiighty familiar... Tomoyo had this determined look as she was standing on a basketball court... Alone, Sunohara was hiding in the bleachers nearby for reasons yet to be explained... But, it looked like she was going solo against that same basketball team Sunohara had been planning to challenge... Waiting, she was staring intently at the other team, feeling that same "Slam Spirit" flow through her from before, in that strange "dream" of hers... But, now... She no longer had to worry about the side effects Bill Murray had described... (Maybe because this was some sort of weird placebo effect?) Just then, the sharp whistle of the Referee blew, and the game began! Tomoyo was off in a blur, and the other team was having a difficult time keeping up with her this time... As even they hadn't expected Tomoyo to move as fast as she was... The other team was practically struggling to keep up with her as they attempted to cover her... Even though they blocked her off from making a slam dunk, Tomoyo knew when to take her risks... Instead of relying on slam-dunks, she made longer shots, with terrifyingly accurate precision! One could almost swear the basketball nearly burst into flames one time as she threw it! What was weirder was that Tomoyo seemed like she was having the time of her life! By now, it wasn't just Sunohara watching, but, many other clubs... Including the theater club. Sunohara looked to be brimming with envy, while Nagisa, Kyou, and even Tomoya was cheering her on! Had she finally found a hobby? Something wonderfull she could be remembered for as part of the student council? It seemed so! Before the match had even reached half-time, the massive point difference she was beginning to rack up already told the audience everything they needed to know; Tomoyo had the upper hand in this game, and she wasn't going to be overtaken so easily...

As expected, she won the match, but, she had tired out near the end, giving the other team a few opportunities to catch up to her... But, she was ahead by seven points when the time was up, and she was announced the victor... She would go on to attend many other basketball games, balancing this with the role of a Student Council member... And, weirdly enough, Sunohara was seriously beginning to take interest in her... But how that plays out... Well, who knows? Though, lately, it seemed that Tomoyo's games were being sponsored by an energy drink company, selling drinks called "Suramu no Seishin"... It had all started when she purchased the first energy drink that caught her eye from a local store following her basketball match, feeling an rather intense thirst, having exhausted herself thoroughly... And downed the entire bottle. Her visits to the store to purchase the same drink only increased the more basketball games she attended... And eventually, the company itself deemed her worthy to be the drink's "leading mascott"... And say, some may ask... What does "Suramu no Seishin" roughly translate to? Well... Take a guess... It's Japanese for... Slam Spirit...

End: A Ballin' New Hobby
OAnr6rc.jpg

*Roll Credits...*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.