Murder Tale V: The Grand Hotel (Sign-Ups and Info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
embed.php

167px-Morrighan.png

embed.php

Character Name: Morrighan
Canon: Mabinogi/Celtic Mythology

Aliases: Phantom Queen, Badhbh Catha

)O(
embed.php

Wings_of_Rage.png
Wings of Rage: Morrighan summons ethereal crows to charge an opponent, then explode. Any other opponents touched by the crows are then surrounded and attacked for a short period of time.

Wings_of_Eclipse.png
Wings of Eclipse: Morrighan summons crows to protect herself or allies from attacks. While under their protection, you cannot be harmed by most threats. Extremely powerful foes may be able to break the spell when Morrighan is in a weakened state.

30px-Teleportation.png
Teleportation: Morrighan has the ability to move instantly from one spot to another. This spell is a short-range teleportation method. She cannot travel long distances by teleportation, and moving through solid material requires extra mental focus.

embed.php

As a Celtic goddess of war, vengeance, and crows, Morrighan has a history that began with the dawn of time. Her days are as innumerable as her motives are ambiguous. What little is known of this enigmatic Goddess is due to her penchant for meddling in the affairs of humans to an unusual extent. As a Goddess of War, Morrighan prefers to take the form of a crow. She is known for causing confusion and fear among soldiers to move the tide of the battle to her favored side, thus earning her the name Badhbh Catha ("battle crow").
Morrighan_G12.png
She is also somewhat of a prophetess, often delivering an omen of a particular warrior's violent death. Some warriors have reported being visited by crows in their dreams, while others have recounted seeing Morrighan herself wash their bloody armor. Both occurrences served as a warning of their ensuing death. In this respect, Morrighan is heavily tied in with imminent death. As such, some individuals consider her to also be a goddess of death, or at least the death of soldiers.

As far as her personality is concerned, Morrighan tends to be a quiet individual who only speaks when necessary. However, this shouldn't be misinterpreted as timidity or shyness. She is truly a woman of extremes, bearing the capacity for the kindest acts as well as the most atrocious. Morrighan can be kind-hearted, especially when interacting with people who have been wronged and seek vengeance, but she can also be extremely cruel. In this way, she is somewhat like the sea: calm and serene when at peace, but angry and wrathful when enraged. Above all else, she will say and do whatever is necessary to survive. As such, she can be somewhat manipulative at times. This isn't intentional of course, but simply an inevitable aspect of her personality.
silver-womens-flapper-dress-costume-bc-806344.jpg

Going for a 1920's theme.

[fieldbox="The Red Sea Witch, red, dashed, 10"]

tumblr_nbf8djfa3l1qkdofgo1_500.jpg

Appearance
Height 128 - 130 cm. (4'2" - 4'3")
Hair Color Light Brown
Eye Color Red
red The Red Sea Witch is a petite young lady, deceptively innocent in appearance. Red are her eyes that glint with an unnatural cheer, even in the bloodstained halls of Princess Mikotsu, and white is her skin though often flecked with spots of blood. Reaching the middle of her back is her rich brown hair, twined into two braids, with straight bangs covering her forehead and two longer locks framing her face to her shoulders.

Character Name:
Wadanohara

red As the Red Sea Witch, Wadanohara is a powerful spellcaster, specializing in incredibly damaging and devastating attacks. Gifted with magic, she borrows her power from the corrupted sea, and occasionally the moon itself, though with her corruption her connection with it is no longer as it could have been. Less used are her talents of healing magic, once a pure and blessed witch this was one of her most treasured abilities. She can heal an ally, though she rarely chooses to do so, preferring to watch even the denizens of her sea to suffer for her amusement. Wadanohara wields an anchor-like staff, which is as long as she is tall, if not more, both to channel her magic and to use as a weapon in itself. Despite being primarily a spellcaster, the Red Sea Witch is no slouch at all when it comes to fighting.
tumblr_nm81fcVc3T1qkdofgo1_500.jpg

Personality/History:
With her youthful and frail-looking appearance, Wadanohara is very nearly the image of a sweet young girl. If it weren't for the diabolical glint that danced merrily in her eyes, that is. Cheerful and sweet even in the desolate and twisted depths of the Red Sea, she is one of the most frightful persons to come across, as well as one of the most sadistic. Perhaps there was once an innocent look in those red eyes, but it is now long gone. Replacing it are the shadows of a girl long twisted into something else, through torture, despair, and pain, until she was no longer the girl that once a young shark familiar had loved. This Wadanohara that replaced the old could look into the eyes of the suffering and smile a wickedly cheerful smile and laugh in a singsong voice.

As the Red Sea Witch, Wadanohara is deceptively calm and cheerful. Her duties tend to make her path intertwine with Sal's, who was once her shark familiar in her early years as the corrupted witch. It is implied that Sal was the one who first corrupted her, though now they share a very friendly and amiable relationship. If it could be called that. Due to the twisted witch's attitude, more often than not an advance from the salmon shark is often met with a stinging slap and a cutting, albeit cheerful, remark. Their relationship is admittedly odd, though they work well with each other. Wadanohara keeps most of the denizens of the Sea of Death in line in Sal's absence, being the second most fearful figure after him as he travels across different worlds. Occasionally, she also comes along on his journeys, more for her entertainment than for any actual work.

Costume:
Her attire consists of a short red dress, reaching just above her knees. A white petticoat is visible underneath it, peeking out from the hem of her skirt. Her dress has six yellow buttons going down her torso, a black bow at her collar. Her pigtail ties are red, as well as the bow around her waist, also having black stripes running down the middle. The Red Sea Witch wears black knee-length socks and dark red gloves. Her witch's hat is red as well, and various red eyes can be seen peeking from under the brim. A black bow and ribbon decorate her hat.

Canon:
WadanoharaTitle.png

Other Info:
  • Is in a partnership with Sal, who was also her familiar in her earlier tenure in the Sea of Death. They have a flirtatious and amiable relationship, Sal's sadomasochistic tendencies playing well into Wadanohara's sadism.​

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
eb52daef07a1cf359adc6cf4cac1f83f.jpg

L e o n

Skills;
> Hitman
>Perceptive
>Semi-Acrobatic
giphy.gif

Leon came to NYC as a immigrant and was taken in by Tony, a restaurant owner. All his family is dead, he has no one in his life with the exception of Mathilda. He never learned to read, rather, he spent his years learning the trade of a cleaner and he learned it well. There's no better killer in NYC, everyone who can afford it takes their jobs to Leon the professional. He loves Mathilda like a daughter and would do anything to protect her. Anything.

|Extremely Paranoid|Cynical|Childlike|Easily entertained| Protective

tumblr_m8jko2mSlf1rq1vxuo3_500.gif

Costume:
leon5.png

Canon: Leon the Professional​

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
@Atomyk

So I may be slow making my first post to the RP. I have an MRI for my left knee. Never had one before so I'm not sure if that makes things take longer. But thought I should let u know and if I do manage one on Monday it's probable gonna be on my tablet not phone so I'll have to maybe edit in colors later. But I do have a better device now than my phone.

The RPG started already? :O Whoops I'm loud and wrong, nvm.

Reactions: Raven
Atomyk updated Murder Tale V: The Grand Hotel with a new update entry:

Starting a Day Later

SO, this RP is now going to start a day later on the 15th instead of the 14th. A Tale Tuesday.

Also, I know some people might not be available much Tuesday or on Weekdays in general... and chances are, with the pace this RP will probably go at, chances are some of you will miss a bit and come back to find a large amount of posts waiting. This is especially true at the beginning of the game.

I just want to stress that you likely won't miss much of substance if that does occur. The first...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
@Atomyk

So I may be slow making my first post to the RP. I have an MRI for my left knee. Never had one before so I'm not sure if that makes things take longer. But thought I should let u know and if I do manage one on Monday it's probable gonna be on my tablet not phone so I'll have to maybe edit in colors later. But I do have a better device now than my phone.
The RPG started already? :O Whoops I'm loud and wrong, nvm.
No worries, we're starting Tuesday now,

• Love
No worries, we're starting Tuesday now,
Okay cool. Tuesday it will be much later after school but I know I should be able to be on unlike Monday.

I um I'm helping International Club with a thing after school we have a doudge ball game set up. But I'm not sure if we have more than two or so teams so it shouldn't be long after school.

Reactions: Sav
Is this still open?

okie ^^ I'll add something tomorrow

• Love
Switching out Hecate for someone else, will probably use her some other time. Edited in my other choice in my original CS

Appearance:
928d9f23eaac140a3fe323f31d56923a.jpg

Character Name:
Nyanta
Attributes/Powers:

Fairy King's Leather Belt (妖精王の帯革): Sword belt said to be tailor-made for the Fairy King's military uniform. Not only is it beautiful, but the design has been adjusted so that movement from withdraw to attack is smooth. Increases critical rate on preemptive attacks.[1]

Lapis Fly Wing Rapier (大瑠璃蜻蛉の翅剣): Production-class rapier that requires a large quantity of high level insect materials. It's flexible but is difficult to use for defense. Although it is hard to obtain, its beautiful jade color and the brilliance of its transparent plumes make it very popular amongst adventurers who want high performance weapons that are also beautiful.[1]

Cait Sith Boots (猫妖精のブーツ): Sturdy and supple long boots loved by the cat fairies. An Artifact-class reward received at the end of a long quest. Summons a small cat fairy when you click the heels together; it will also carry your items.[1]

Flash Lindworm: A pair of Phantasmal-class rapiers created from the White Dragon Lindworm, which were incarnated into meteor and lightning. It is characterized by its overwhelming attack power and gleaming white blade. When the damage markers are set off, it creates a beautiful effect.

Decorum of Duel: Elegant white gloves with a beautiful luster made from the “fourth-ranked Nue skin” of the Thunder Beast Nue. It provides an excellent grip and increases critical rate, as well as a significantly improving accuracy. It is also suitable at formal places.

Gentleman's Silver Watch: A silver watch and chain, with a columbine flower relief on the lid. In the language of flowers, it means “Determined to win.” At a low chance, it can multiplex the main Swashbuckler skill Early Thrust. Gentlemen cats are also always punctual, nya
Personality/History:
Speaks in phonetic meows, or 'nya's. He is calm, reliable, and the very definition of a "cool cat" and is surprised by almost nothing. He is also quite chipper and is willing to crack jokes when the time is right. He believes in being a gentleman as he sees his rapiers as a weapon fit for one. He also tends to politely berate other players that act in an ungentleman-like manner in battle. He is kind to everyone and sees bullies as despicable ignorant people. He is always loyal to his friends and is willing to fight for them no matter what.

Costume: [Can be anything!]
lh25dappernyanta.jpg
*Complete with top hat, monocle, and the dankest capitalist beliefs*
Canon:
Log Horizion
Other Info:
Link for amazing information on Nyanta

fan_art_tracer_overwatch_by_ashirok_on_d87x9a1.jpg

Don't Worry, Loves! The Calvary's Here!

~Character Name~
Lena Oxton
"Tracer"

~Age~

~Attributes/Powers~
Tracer is renowned for being one of the most feared yet downright confusing agents of the OVERWATCH program. After her ailment, the young woman was gifted the ability to manipulate the flow of time, slowing it down or increasing it to her desire. As such, coupled with her natural agility and prowess on the field, Tracer is OVERWATCH's most nimble, headstrong skirmisher, leading the first encounters of her squadron before vanishing without a trace. Armed with two Pulse Pistols and a devastating Pulse Bomb, Tracer is not to be underestimated, proving to the rest of the members of OVERWATCH that a cute face, cute accent, and youthful age doesn't mean you can't be a hero for the people

~Personality/History~
Lena Oxton was the youngest person ever inducted into Overwatch's experimental flight program. Known for her fearless piloting skills, she was handpicked to test the prototype of a teleporting fighter, the Slipstream. But during its first flight, the aircraft's teleportation matrix malfunctioned, and it disappeared. Lena was presumed dead.

She reappeared months later, but her ordeal had greatly changed her: her molecules had been desynchronized from the flow of time. Suffering from "chronal disassociation," she was a living ghost, disappearing for hours and days at a time. Even for the brief moments she was present, she was unable to maintain physical form.

Overwatch's doctors and scientists were stumped, and Tracer's case seemed hopeless until a scientist named Winston designed the chornal accelerator, a device capable of keeping Tracer anchored in the present. In addition, it gave Tracer the ability to control her own time, allowing her to speed it up and slow it down at will. With her newfound skills, she became one of Overwatch's most effective agents.

Today, Lena, now falling under the guise of her codename Tracer, lives her days as an ideal servant to OVERWATCH. She is brave, perky, energetic, and kind, wishing to do what is only right and upholding goodly values. Outside of her annoyingly energetic (or some would say adorable) behavior, the hyperactive woman is virtually a literal representation of good, with an occasional snarky attitude coupled with a few bad puns here and there.

~Costume~
"Psh, this is my costume, ye silly tilly! Who wouldn't want to be a member of OVERWATCH?"

~Canon~
Overwatch

~Other Info~
She has an absurdly dirty Cockney yet charming English accent. D'aaw. Also shoutout to Ronan for correcting my accents.

Last edited:
She has an absurdly dirty Cockney yet charming English accent. D'aaw. Also shoutout to Ronan for correcting my accents.

dzRQ2dc.jpg

I'll have the thread up in exactly thirty minutes.

• Love
@Atomyk So good new is I was able to make a prologue. But I um forgot about some Christmas party thing my parents were gonna drag me to. So if you get others heading to the Red Haired dude who was arguing like I had Raven and Rose go to then well I'll try and make a catch up post tomorrow before homework or maybe if I have no homework have a few post after the catch up post.

@Atomyk So good new is I was able to make a prologue. But I um forgot about some Christmas party thing my parents were gonna drag me to. So if you get others heading to the Red Haired dude who was arguing like I had Raven and Rose go to then well I'll try and make a catch up post tomorrow before homework or maybe if I have no homework have a few post after the catch up post.
I'll keep it in mind!

Character Name:
Dipper Pines
Attributes/Powers:
He really don't have any powers, but he is smart, and sometimes loyal. He can also have good plans sometimes.
Personality/History:
Smart, Loyal, and Proud.
Me and My sister, Mable, was going to say with our Crazy and weird uncle, Stan, a cool but crazy guy name Soos,a cute girl name Wendy, and a fancy jerk name Pacifica. It was going well, but when I found a Journal, everything was going CRAZY. Now there are monsters, ghosts, and a triangle guy name Bill Cipher. This is going to be a crazy summer.
Costume:
th

Status
Not open for further replies.