The Janitor Bear of Iwaku
You've heard of the Grand Hotel, haven't you? I know it doesn't really have a name, but that's just because everyone just calls it "the" hotel, you know? Wait, you've at least heard of the multiverse, haven't you? What? It's only the entire collection of universes that could possibly exist! You know, some people call that hotel the Multiverse Hotel, because that's pretty much what it is. It's a hotel that connects to all kinds of different universes. It's totally swanky and owned by this huge company. The Mira-Curtiss Partnership... not only do they run the hotel, but they're this huge company who makes all sorts of things. But, whatever, that's not really relevant, is it?
Look, here's the thing. This hotel's holding a special event: A massive party-- A multiverse party, pretty much. And you, my friend, have been invited. Apparently it's going for a spooky haunted theme. It's a costume party, you know? Feel free to dress up as whatever you want. I just hope you're ready... this thing will be pretty huge. I heard there's also going to be a game. Like, a murder mystery game. It's all just pretend, but the party guests play out a mystery that they gotta solve before the night is over.
Sounds like a total blast, right?
This Murder Tale is going to be rather different than the ones of the past. There will only be a single role, and that is the role of the murderer. Throughout the evening of party, the characters will have to investigate the murder to find clues toward who is the culprit. There will only be a single vote at the end of the game.
This roleplay is set to take place over seven days and seven rounds, though it may extend that past a day or two. IC, each round will be one hour, meaning the story will occur over a seven hour period-- a single night. In addition to investigating the murder, the players will also be looking into the hotel's goings-ons, possibly discovering a few secrets along the way.
This RP isn't set to start until the 14th of December. I'm putting up this sign-up rather early as whoever is chosen as the murderer will need ample time to plan with me. I know some people might not be willing to have this role, so what we'll do is that after you sign up, toss me a PM saying you'd like to opt-in to being a possible pick for the role. Everyone who PMs me will have a random chance of being selected.
1. You must follow in accordance to Iwaku's rules.
2. No OOC talk in the IC. Please take all OOC discussion to the group's General Chat and all roleplay discussion to the group's RP Discussion.
3. Be respectful toward myself and each other.
4. No god-modding or meta-gaming. It is preferred that most discussion related to the RP's investigations occur IC as opposed to OOC.
5. Some certain actions and events might require dice rolls, but only if I say so.
6. Due to the speed of the game, it is practically a requirement to seek out other users to be your 'posting partners' so that you have some people you can stick with. Using the tagging system is absolutely required.
7. Due to the nature of the game, they'll be no limits on who can app duos. No reasoning or special requirements will be required for duos. Duos will act as ONE character. They will vote together, no matter the circumstance.
8. OCs are allowed, but only up to a limit of five. I would rather fandom characters outnumbered OCs.
9. Powers will generally not be nerfed in any way. You'll all be free! Keep in mind that there will not be a focus on fighting in this game, and it's unlikely there will be much fighting at all.
10. Please post once a chapter. Not doing so will result in your character possibly being removed from the game. At the very least, PM me if anything comes up and we'll do my best to keep you around.
For this game, it is required that your character knows of the multiverse and of the hotel. How you go about them knowing this is up to you. Every character will be a guest at this party.
Attributes/Powers: [Your strengths/weakness, skills, and abilities are included here. Include any equipment if it relates to your character's abilities]
Costume: [Can be anything!]
Canon: [What they're from, basically]
Other Info: [Optional]
CHARACTER SLOTS FILLED: 34/35
OC SLOTS FILLED: 1/5
@Bomb as Peashy [Hyperdimension Neptunia]
@Hazel-rah as Jeen [Super Mario RPG (AU)]
@The Tactician as Hajime Hinata [Danganronpa]
@Hospes as Yvaine [Stardust] and 'Ryan' Duchannes [Caster Chronicles]
@Forrest as Jacket [Hotline Miami]
@TheSpringwoodSlasher as Ghostface [Scream] and ChromeSkull [Laid to Rest]
@DapperDogman as The Bogeyman [Silent Hill] and Papyrus [Undertale (AU)]
@Verite as Saitama [One Punch Man]
@Mighty Roman as Gilderoy Lockhart [Harry Potter] and Osgood [Doctor Who]
@Saint Guillotine as Sweet [Buffy the Vampire Slayer] and Isayama Yomi [Ga-Rei Zero]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Missy [Doctor Who]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as W.D. Gaster [Undertale]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as The 11th Doctor and The 6th Doctor [Doctor Who]
@Fallen Child as Ayaka [Misao]
@Jeremi as Mephista [Marvel Comics] and Morrigan Aensland [Darkstalkers]
@Gummi Bunnies as Neopolitan [RWBY]
@The Silver Paladin Sarah Cheng [Fallout]
@Archmage Jeremiah Coraline Fenn [Fallout]
@Gen. Gwazi Senpai as Kiritsugu Emiya and Gilgamesh [Fate Zero/Stay Night]
@Kaykay as Tsubomi Kido [Kagerou Project]
@C.T. as Anya Corazon [Marvel Comics] and Kilgrave [MCU]
@OrlandoBloomers as Death of the Endless [Sandman] and Brad Armstrong [Lisa]
@Lizzy as Arisu [Original Character]
@CCC Kouhai as Mary [Dreaming Mary]
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Cirno [Touhou]
@york as Yulia and Slavya [Everlasting Summer]
@Raven as Raven A. Roth and Rose Wilson [Teen Titans]
@Mari as Jen Yu [Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon]
@Sen as Sal/Syakesan [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]
@Sav as Mathilda and Leon [Leon The Professional]
@Arlathina as Morrighan [Mabinogi/Celtic Mythology]
@Hana as Wadanohara [Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea]
@Librarian Cat as Nyanta [Log Horizon]
@Krieg as Lena Oxton/Tracer [Overwatch]