Murder Tale III: System Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We are in Hawaii, trapped in what is a failed attempt at a self-sustained community." Kaneki answered the robot. Seeing as Richard was working on a delayed reaction for every response, he went over to Aigis. "Oi, you. Something wrong? you seem unnerved." Kaneki asked.

@Krieg @BarrenThin @Wedge Antilles @Mirage

Ace looks at the robot directing the insulting remarks to the rest of the crowd. "We are STILL Trying to figure that out. aparently its a place called Hawaii....." Ace states, bluntly, but frowns. "Rubrum's in Ruins, large, Phantoma-crushing beings destroying Living peoples Phantoma, And I get stuck here, inable to contact Operation HQ? I Never thought I'd say this, but, Wheres a l'Cie when you need one?"

@BarrenThin

(FUN FACT: l'Cie are respected almost as gods in Type-0, rather than their feared, shoot-to-kill nature in FFXIII. in T-0, they're good, so Ace saying he needs one is saying that he may in fact need the help of more then everyone present. a sign he isn't very comfortable.)

"Huh? An alliance? But aren't we all in the same situation on being thrown into this world? I'm not entirely sure... I'm not even sure if the info on what I'm involved with would be something you could use. We all come from different worlds..." Sora scratched the back of his head. He wasn't so sure if he could share that much about the keyblade here. Well, he was still holding the oversized key weapon in one hand...

@Mighty Roman @york

"Whoa... That's something new, the islands didn't really have anything like this..." Sora gave a look of childish surprise when it came for Midas to explain what the device he was holding is.

"Meaning... since we all have one, we could communicate with each other if something doesn't go too well," he says once he takes in the information that he was told. It was probably a good use for it until the phone's other features, such as the voting function, would become clear for usage.

@Mighty Roman
Thorn Harvestar
@Mighty Roman @Gummi Bunnies
Thorn pondered what the man said for a moment, she couldn't understand what he meant by "aliens" or "solar system", but, from what she could understand, he was from a world with Humans as well. His offer for an alliance, in exchange for knowledge did seem enticing for her, so she smiled in a friendly manner, turning towards him. "I guess it wouldn't hurt... Where do you want to start?" She asked curiously, tilting her head to the side yet again; she wasn't sure exactly what he would want to hear about first, but, she seemed to be willing to talk about almost anything at the moment... Perhaps it just felt comforting to reflect on the life that was familiar to her, the life that she had lived before she was brought here through means she had yet to decipher... Could it be the doing of some new foe?​

"We are in Hawaii, trapped in what is a failed attempt at a self-sustained community." Kaneki answered the robot. Seeing as Richard was working on a delayed reaction for every response, he went over to Aigis. "Oi, you. Something wrong? you seem unnerved." Kaneki asked.

@Krieg @BarrenThin @Wedge Antilles @Mirage

Ace looks at the robot directing the insulting remarks to the rest of the crowd. "We are STILL Trying to figure that out. aparently its a place called Hawaii....." Ace states, bluntly, but frowns. "Rubrum's in Ruins, large, Phantoma-crushing beings destroying Living peoples Phantoma, And I get stuck here, inable to contact Operation HQ? I Never thought I'd say this, but, Wheres a l'Cie when you need one?"

@BarrenThin

(FUN FACT: l'Cie are respected almost as gods in Type-0, rather than their feared, shoot-to-kill nature in FFXIII. in T-0, they're good, so Ace saying he needs one is saying that he may in fact need the help of more then everyone present. a sign he isn't very comfortable.)

HK47photoshoot1.jpg

"Sarcasm: Yes, do list off a location I am entirely unfamiliar with. That helps me so much."

@FireDrake150
@Gohan

"Fine, I'm all for an alliance If you're offering. If you know Hawaii, you know Earth. Our worlds differ in that in my world, the only superhumans are cannibalistic creatures known as ghouls. Sanity ranges from human-like to stark raving mad. I was attacked by a ghoul I thought a normal human, almost killed, but she died from steel beams dropped on her seemingly by accident." Kaneki explained, turning towards Midas's direction.

"Her organs were transplated into me, and that day I became the first artificial ghoul. The only other thing of note are the inspectors, ghoul exterminators who use special weapons to fight us. We were in the middle of a bloody war, before it had ended with the casualties being too great on both sides to continue." Kaneki explained.

"I faced resistance in a lone white haired inspector, in the best shape to fight. The memories end after that. Other than that, the world's fairly average, I've no idea where we differ in terms of history." Kaneki concluded.

@Mighty Roman @Gummi Bunnies

Ace looks at the robot incredulously, picking up on the sarcasm and choosing to ignore it. "If it helps, I don't recall it either. My world has no such city. All I am able to give you is all we have been told." he sighs and mutters to himself.* "...At least I still remember them, that must mean they are still okay, for now..."

@BarrenThin @The Silver Paladin

After a moment of considering it, Sora decided to go along with it.

"Alright, an alliance it is. Well, this big ol' key here is a Keyblade, a weapon that's used to combat darkness. To get a Keyblade... I think someone has to have a strong heart, and I think that's how I got mine. There's been all sorts of darkness that come up in the worlds I've been in. Heartless, Nobodies... And Nightmares," Sora explains the gist of the stuff he's been involved in, but of course, there were some topics that he had to steer clear of just for the sake of privacy.

@Mighty Roman @york @Gohan

Midas looked at his three new 'allies'. He was very intrigued by all of their stories. "I am grateful for your assistance. It is wise to have allies in an unknown world, lest the others descend into savagery. The voting function...that is not present on most phones. Who do we have to vote for? A leader?"
Inspecting Sora's keyblade, Midas asked:
"For those who have a strong heart...Did this appear to you? Is that how you got it? Similar to the Arthurian Excalibur....

@Gohan @york @Gummi Bunnies

Midas looked at his three new 'allies'. He was very intrigued by all of their stories. "I am grateful for your assistance. It is wise to have allies in an unknown world, lest the others descend into savagery. The voting function...that is not present on most phones. Who do we have to vote for? A leader?"
Inspecting Sora's keyblade, Midas asked:
"For those who have a strong heart...Did this appear to you? Is that how you got it? Similar to the Arthurian Excalibur....

@Gohan @york @Gummi Bunnies
Thorn Harvestar
@Mighty Roman @Gohan @Gummi Bunnies

Thorn frowned, inspecting her phone, and eventually locating the vote function; it seemed she had noticed a difference between the device she had and the device her newfound ally had; his looked smaller, and more... Glowy, while hers was more like stone; oddly enough, one that resembled a sort of stone tablet of some sort; 4 distinct features became apparant on there. "Voting, Clock, Phone, and Vereor Nox" Scrutinizing the three functions, Thorn shrugged "I have no idea..." She mumbled to herself, trying to decipher exactly what this "Vereor Nox" feature was about...

Midas inspected the phone and it's functions. He had spent most of his life educating himself on all forms of culture and language. He knew how to speak every earth language, and some extraterrestrial ones too. And he could swear in all of them. Vereor Nox...Vereor Nox...

"It's Latin. Vereor Nox-I Fear the Night. Vereor is 'Fear' or 'I fear', and Nox is the night. But what is it for? What does it mean?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Krieg @york @Gohan

Midas inspected the phone and it's functions. He had spent most of his life educating himself on all forms of culture and language. He knew how to speak every earth language, and some extraterrestrial ones too. And he could swear in all of them. Vereor Nox...Vereor Nox...

"It's Latin. Vereor Nox-I Fear the Night. Vereor is 'Fear' or 'I fear', and Nox is the night. But what is it for? What does it mean?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Krieg @york @Gohan
Thorn Harvestar
@Gummi Bunnies @Krieg @Mighty Roman @Gohan

"Fear of the night..." Thorn mused to herself, an uncomfortable look suddenly crossing her face; the only thing she could relate to that line would be the nights of lightning... Fast, harsh strikes made by the rat creatures upon nightfall against the Kingdom of Athea... Her childhood days consisted of just that most of the time, not something she'd like to reflect on alot. Closing her eyes, she shook her head from side to side briefly, as if trying to shake off those thoughts before she looked back towards her newfound ally, shrugging a little. "Can't say I'm coming up with anything either..." She said after a moment.​

Last edited:
Diagnostic check complete...

Insufficent data...

Starting new scan...

Everything seemed to be in order according to the scans.

But Ultron knew better. Even if all of his systems were in the green he felt weaker...more brittle.

The area was unknown too, nor could he contact any of his auxiliary bodies.

He was truly alone, but it mattered little.

He was still Ultron.

4424302-ultron+age.jpg

"This should be interesting."
@Everyone​

Last edited by a moderator:
He noticed Noriko:
"Ah, you.... You're one of Scott Summers' Baby X-Men...not the proper ones. Just one of the child soldiers of Utopia. At least one person from my reality is here with me."
Midas turned, and despite his expressionless helmet, everyone could tell that he was giving Kaneki a deadpan glare. 'It's clear that you don't know who I am. I am Midas. It was a name gained through deed-Dad wasn't Joe Midas or anything. I, like the mythological king, can turn any substance into gold, and can change anything to my advantage. Even warfare. My Empire will be Eternal.

@Mari @Gohan
Nori angrily charged up her gauntlets at the man's words. "Um, baby? Do I look like a baby, or is it just because you are an old man?" She looked at the man, wondering if she should know of this arrogant person. "Are you related to Goldballs?"

She tried to keep her temper from flaring up. Keep calm, she thought to herself. Besides, he knew of her and she didn't know anything about him, that was a disadvantage. Miss Frost always said to know your enemies before you try to take them on. So she just put a fake smile on her face while looking at the man.

@Mighty Roman @Gohan

"Gold-Balls?! The X-Men's recruitment standards really have bloody dropped nowadays. Guess again Mutant. Who do I look like?"
4047.jpg

@Mari

Reactions: Mari
"Gold-Balls?! The X-Men's recruitment standards really have bloody dropped nowadays. Guess again Mutant. Who do I look like?"
4047.jpg

@Mari
Now Nori was getting a little embarrassed instead of feeling angry or insulted. She didn't know this guy from Tony Stark's armor, which is who his appearance reminded her of. She depowered her gauntlets, as she tried to dig through her memories of who this guy should be. Seriously, she thought, she should probably know, for her sake. But all that came from her mouth was a wild guess.

"Um... War Machine?" she asked.

@Mighty Roman

Now Nori was getting a little embarrassed instead of feeling angry or insulted. She didn't know this guy from Tony Stark's armor, which is who his appearance reminded her of. She depowered her gauntlets, as she tried to dig through her memories of who this guy should be. Seriously, she thought, she should probably know, for her sake. But all that came from her mouth was a wild guess.

"Um... War Machine?" she asked.

@Mighty Roman
Midas sometimes wondered why he bothered. He threw up his hands in the air:
"War Machine?! War Machine!? I am MIDAS! Dr bloody Midas! I can turn anything to gold, and anything to my advantage! My empire will last an eternity! I am the arch-nemesis of Marvel Boy! My armour is made from Solid Gold! I am the Cosmic Man, the superior being, who makes other life-forms obsolete! And you still don't know who I am!"
@Mari
4045167-dr.midas-marvel_boy%234-bloody.jpg

"War Machine?! War Machine!? I am MIDAS! Dr bloody Midas! I can turn anything to gold, and anything to my advantage! My empire will last an eternity! I am the arch-nemesis of Marvel Boy! My armour is made from Solid Gold! I am the Cosmic Man, the superior being, who makes other life-forms obsolete! And you still don't know who I am!"
@Mari

"Observation: I doubt you could turn a bolt of plasma to your brain to gold. So stop running your mouth, meat bag."

@Mighty Roman

@Mari
Nori just cringed at the reaction from Dr. Midas, as she tried to walk away from him, since this was getting uncomfortable. She cursed herself in her mind for not knowing more of the other superpowered beings outside of the ones she directly had faced or worked with in her past. She imagined Soorayah would also lecture her about attentiveness.

surge.jpg

"Sorry about that, King Midas. Your majesty. I'll leave you alone now."

@Mighty Roman

Aldrick was to busy following the woman that looked like his mother, so occupied that is until he noticed a strange woman with, blue hair? He shrugged to himself, he never got those types. He stopped following the woman with white hair and walked over to this stranger

"Hey there,you as confused as I am." He asked, trying to be friendly
Serenity took no acknowledgement of the male nor his words, as she continued to try to find something to consume. Seeing that most were suspicious, she rather starve herself than risk it. "Obviously," the female finally replied to him. Even though she appeared to be rude and such towards him, it was only because she wasn't used to talking to others.​
"So many questions, so little time~!" the chirpy Englishman spoke sonorously through the intercoms, a static popping filling the air. Those conversing with the artificial intelligence would be greeted with a brilliant shimmer of cyan light. Normally, it would not be so blinding to mere mortal eyes, but the erratic nature of the lightning within the cafeteria weaken it's capabilities. Soon, after the metaphorical dust settled, the figure known as Richard stood, cracking his neck a little. Holding an almost angelic glow to him, the more technological suave would soon come to realize it was just but a hologram.

09648d11ef649c887b901ac24180d277.jpg

"Ah, is that much better now? In thy flesh, as the biotics say?" Richard remarked, growing a bit out of the topic as he twirled childishly about. "I absolutely adore holographic modeling, almost as a lovely game of Solitaire. Speaking of which, do you know I have 20,445,668,142 games of Solitaire completed? I programmed a few achievements as well, though, it is hard to have the surprise of the secret ones when you are making them, ah~" the intelligence rambled a bit adorably, which seemed oddly unfitting for the environment.

"Oh yes, right, strangers in my facility!" the sodding imbecile openly proclaimed, "Well, one at a time, especially to the lovely Miss Aigis, let me just to start with the basics, shall we lads and lassies?" Richard remarked, the young coated man stated, boldly strolling before the closed double doors behind him. Adjusting his bandages and hoodie, the hologram began to politely stroll forwards gracefully, clasping his gloved hands together. To those not around Richard, it mattered not, for his voice carried throughout the cafeteria through the intercoms.

"Welcome to Gilgamesh, the proud flagship base of operations for the trust known merely as the Conglomeration. Responsible for many advancements in human society such as medical practices and cosmic expansion, Gilgamesh, or otherwise known as Site Gamma, is responsible like other sites for the containment and study of abnormalities within our reality. Of course, I would be enthralled to show you around the facility, alas..." the tour guide remarked, pointing a hand behind him as faintly the sounds of gunfire escalated and continued. "The state of matters aren't exactly pleasant at the moment."

Suddenly stopping in his gentle stroll, the artificial intelligence clasped his feet together. "I think the better question is why exactly you are here. Gilgamesh is located at a disclosed island miles away from Hawaii and is a relatively self-sustaining community. Visitors are rare, but what is even more rare is visitors that decide to appear in the cafeteria out of all bloody things. At least keep the milk, hmm, I do enjoy the taste of milk...simulated milk." Richard proclaimed, awaiting the responses from the outsiders, unaware of their own ignorance.

@Josh M @Mirage @Mighty Roman @The Tactician @FireDrake150 @Gummi Bunnies @Revya @TheBombMan @Gohan

~~~

Those of the more adventurous blood would find little roaming about in the cafeteria, although the chaos that occurred within the room was evident. As mentioned before, tables were flipped, pools of crimson were splattered about, yet oddly not a single corpse laid within the dining hall. Had someone moved the bodies, and also, how long where you truly unconscious within Gilgamesh? As the questions rattled, a small figure darted about within the darkness, heavy gasps of breath carrying it along. Leaping onto a table, the hunched, petite creature swiftly turned to face the newcomers,

184807_orig.png

It snarled and snapped, the hunched, freakish humanoid hissing and snarling about venomously. Pouncing from the table onto the marble flooring below, claws made of bone scratched against the ground, the creature erratically twitching and drooling. Slightly arising to a somewhat bipedal position, the abomination stood, his inhumane scarlet eyes beaming defensively at those around it. "Yag....YAAAGHHHH!" it cried out, revealing a pair of sharpen incisors, clearly a creature born of nightmares and only one of many examples of the hellish beings that dwelt in Gilgamesh.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Anyone exploring.

It was almost laughable that she did not consider the violent setting of the cafeteria, though it interested her beyond imaginable that strange phenomenons could occur within the facility.

rKJ5ygU.png

"This could actually be interesting..."

Status
Not open for further replies.