Murder Tale III: System Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midas looked unimpressed by Richards' speech. "A paltry Hologram? Ha, as if that could fool me! Anyhow, Project Gamma...I assume that this facility has something to do with Doctor Banner's childish outbursts? For the benefit of my peers, explain for what purpose was this facility built..."

@Krieg

Robin looks at Richard incredulously. "Forgive me but, Whats a Hawaii? I come from Rubrum, one of four countries of Orience...Rubrum, Millites, Concordia, and Lorica...." He sighs, looking to Robin, who likely has a similarly confused expression, though it could just be Ace's imagination.

@The Silver Paladin @Krieg

Aigis would rub her eyes with her arm as she learned from watching her previous allies when their eyes were impaired, but it wouldn't necessarily have an effect on hers due to them being centered around a scanning system inside the eye. "Sight systems malfunctioning..." She spoke aloud, then lowering her arm. Her eyes had a..Yellow tint to them. Maybe it was Gilgamesh? She didn't notice herself until she started seeing vivid hallucinations, such as inanimate objects beginning to get up and walk around, and of her body parts such as arms and hands floating apart from one another. She squinted whilst looking at her hands as they floated away from her body, even though in reality they weren't. "A-...Arm, and hand models majorly dislocate and malfunctioned..." She muttered to herself in a somber tone, a 'beep' being emitted from her body. This resembled that she was incorrect about her diagnosis with her arms, in which she questioned "Wh-Wh?" Aigis continued on with the group slowly, barely being able to keep balance due to her new disability.
At this point, her eyes were a full, dark shade of yellow.

@anybody who wants to interact with a drunken robot lol
@Krieg

"Nice name Thorn," Sora smiled at how he managed to make her feel a bit more comfortable in this place. Well... That was until they were given more information about this place they were in.

"Uh... yeah," he wasn't exactly sure on how to respond to 'Richard,' it didn't really settle right with him for some reason.

Heck, he was as lost as Robin when it came to knowing what place called "Hawaii" would be.

@york @TheBombMan @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @Josh M @Mighty Roman @Revya @Gohan @Krieg

"You've neglected to explain how exactly we arrived here. People don't just show up from out of nowhere. And I get a feeling I wouldn't find any of these people back in Japan." Kaneki said. "Why is a terrible question. I was certain my battle with the white-haired inspector would be my last, yet I remember nothing after that, as if it just ends there.

We arrived here, so what'd you do to make that happen?" Kaneki asked.

@Krieg

Robin looks at Richard incredulously. "Forgive me but, Whats a Hawaii? I come from Rubrum, one of four countries of Orience...Rubrum, Millites, Concordia, and Lorica...." He sighs, looking to Robin, who likely has a similarly confused expression, though it could just be Ace's imagination.

@The Silver Paladin @Krieg
"Nice name Thorn," Sora smiled at how he managed to make her feel a bit more comfortable in this place. Well... That was until they were given more information about this place they were in.

"Uh... yeah," he wasn't exactly sure on how to respond to 'Richard,' it didn't really settle right with him for some reason.

Heck, he was as lost as Robin when it came to knowing what place called "Hawaii" would be.

@york @TheBombMan @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @Josh M @Mighty Roman @Revya @Gohan @Krieg
Despite him being a NetNavi, he also has no clue on what Hawaii is.

"I'm curious as well. What's Hawaii?"

@york @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @Josh M @Mighty Roman @Revya @Gohan @Krieg

"So many questions, so little time~!" the chirpy Englishman spoke sonorously through the intercoms, a static popping filling the air. Those conversing with the artificial intelligence would be greeted with a brilliant shimmer of cyan light. Normally, it would not be so blinding to mere mortal eyes, but the erratic nature of the lightning within the cafeteria weaken it's capabilities. Soon, after the metaphorical dust settled, the figure known as Richard stood, cracking his neck a little. Holding an almost angelic glow to him, the more technological suave would soon come to realize it was just but a hologram.

09648d11ef649c887b901ac24180d277.jpg

"Ah, is that much better now? In thy flesh, as the biotics say?" Richard remarked, growing a bit out of the topic as he twirled childishly about. "I absolutely adore holographic modeling, almost as a lovely game of Solitaire. Speaking of which, do you know I have 20,445,668,142 games of Solitaire completed? I programmed a few achievements as well, though, it is hard to have the surprise of the secret ones when you are making them, ah~" the intelligence rambled a bit adorably, which seemed oddly unfitting for the environment.

"Oh yes, right, strangers in my facility!" the sodding imbecile openly proclaimed, "Well, one at a time, especially to the lovely Miss Aigis, let me just to start with the basics, shall we lads and lassies?" Richard remarked, the young coated man stated, boldly strolling before the closed double doors behind him. Adjusting his bandages and hoodie, the hologram began to politely stroll forwards gracefully, clasping his gloved hands together. To those not around Richard, it mattered not, for his voice carried throughout the cafeteria through the intercoms.

"Welcome to Gilgamesh, the proud flagship base of operations for the trust known merely as the Conglomeration. Responsible for many advancements in human society such as medical practices and cosmic expansion, Gilgamesh, or otherwise known as Site Gamma, is responsible like other sites for the containment and study of abnormalities within our reality. Of course, I would be enthralled to show you around the facility, alas..." the tour guide remarked, pointing a hand behind him as faintly the sounds of gunfire escalated and continued. "The state of matters aren't exactly pleasant at the moment."

Suddenly stopping in his gentle stroll, the artificial intelligence clasped his feet together. "I think the better question is why exactly you are here. Gilgamesh is located at a disclosed island miles away from Hawaii and is a relatively self-sustaining community. Visitors are rare, but what is even more rare is visitors that decide to appear in the cafeteria out of all bloody things. At least keep the milk, hmm, I do enjoy the taste of milk...simulated milk." Richard proclaimed, awaiting the responses from the outsiders, unaware of their own ignorance.

@Josh M @Mirage @Mighty Roman @The Tactician @FireDrake150 @Gummi Bunnies @Revya @TheBombMan @Gohan

~~~

Those of the more adventurous blood would find little roaming about in the cafeteria, although the chaos that occurred within the room was evident. As mentioned before, tables were flipped, pools of crimson were splattered about, yet oddly not a single corpse laid within the dining hall. Had someone moved the bodies, and also, how long where you truly unconscious within Gilgamesh? As the questions rattled, a small figure darted about within the darkness, heavy gasps of breath carrying it along. Leaping onto a table, the hunched, petite creature swiftly turned to face the newcomers,

184807_orig.png

It snarled and snapped, the hunched, freakish humanoid hissing and snarling about venomously. Pouncing from the table onto the marble flooring below, claws made of bone scratched against the ground, the creature erratically twitching and drooling. Slightly arising to a somewhat bipedal position, the abomination stood, his inhumane scarlet eyes beaming defensively at those around it. "Yag....YAAAGHHHH!" it cried out, revealing a pair of sharpen incisors, clearly a creature born of nightmares and only one of many examples of the hellish beings that dwelt in Gilgamesh.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Anyone exploring.

Despite him being a NetNavi, he also has no clue on what Hawaii is.

"I'm curious as well. What's Hawaii?"

@york @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @Josh M @Mighty Roman @Revya @Gohan @Krieg
Thorn Harvestar
@Gummi Bunnies @TheBombMan @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @Josh M @Mighty Roman @Revya @Gohan @Krieg

Thorn returned Sora's smile, seeming more comfortable than she had been before, though, when "Richard" spoke, his words confused her. Ship? Were they on a ship? But... Where's the ocean? Where's the clouds? Where's the sails? What was more confusing was the place he was referring to as "Hawaii", just like the others, she was also quite lost in this conversation, though perhaps more than a majority of them were. Maybe she could find some information in a library or something around here?

Aigis would rub her eyes with her arm as she learned from watching her previous allies when their eyes were impaired, but it wouldn't necessarily have an effect on hers due to them being centered around a scanning system inside the eye. "Sight systems malfunctioning..." She spoke aloud, then lowering her arm. Her eyes had a..Yellow tint to them. Maybe it was Gilgamesh? She didn't notice herself until she started seeing vivid hallucinations, such as inanimate objects beginning to get up and walk around, and of her body parts such as arms and hands floating apart from one another. She squinted whilst looking at her hands as they floated away from her body, even though in reality they weren't. "A-...Arm, and hand models majorly dislocate and malfunctioned..." She muttered to herself in a somber tone, a 'beep' being emitted from her body. This resembled that she was incorrect about her diagnosis with her arms, in which she questioned "Wh-Wh?" Aigis continued on with the group slowly, barely being able to keep balance due to her new disability.
At this point, her eyes were a full, dark shade of yellow.

@anybody who wants to interact with a drunken robot lol
@Krieg

Baymax's attention was drawn to another that might need his care. But, Baymax saw that it was a robot?

Nevertheless, he walked towards it.

giphy.gif

"Hello. I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion. I heard a sound of distress. What seems to be the trouble?"

@Mirage

panem_cafeteria_0.jpg

PROLOGUE: CONTAINMENT BREACH
24 HOURS UNTIL CODE BLACK

You awaken.

What you can remember is little, all but feeling an uneasy blackness swell around you. Perhaps you simply fell unconscious, or dwelt into a slumber that no soul can soundly awake from. Organic, inorganic, it matters not, for the cosmic abnormality still beams down upon you. Whether you are a proud knight, a ruthless mercenary, an Average Joe, or a deranged artificial intelligence, you all awaken far from your homes. Around you stands a new world, a crippled world, with the erratic flickering of electronic lightning and the bedazzling sparking of loose wiring. Finding yourself seated at one of the tables, looking around one would discover a horrific sight. Tables are flown across the room, pools of dried crimson splattered against the pale walls of this industrialized, claustrophobic labyrinth.

Faintly, over the hissing of steam and buzzing of lights, one could make out the sounds of the world around them. Screams, gunshots, cries, laughter, and screeching danced in this mad symphony of nightmares. Securing the cafeteria was two pair of double-doors, reinforced with a thick, almost impenetrable steel. Occasionally, a loud, frightening thump would come across to slam the door, usually a stray bullet or a creature far beyond the confines of a sane individual. Breaking the uneasy tension surrounding this makeshift band of misfits, a distinct flash of light would greet their eyes.

Within each pockets of the survivalists, or stationed on the tables before them, laid a lone mobile phone of the early 21st century. Oddly, those of unfamiliar eras were given an equivalent of this, such as a magical scroll or cybernetic interface. Whatever the case may be three, four applications greeted the lost souls: Voting, Clock, Phone, and Vereor Nox. Whilst these applications may be explored at any given moment, the mobile device automatically opened up to Phone, revealing a message from an unknown contact.

"5 mins, break."

The cryptic message began to invoke a bit of paranoia. What would happen in five minutes? What actually remained behind these walls and doors, and more frighteningly, were they strong enough to contain whatever abominations lurked outside? Questions would run wild, before once again an external source began to interact with the bewildered, stunned band stationed within the cafeteria. However, unlike the message, a rather bubbly, British voice began to chirp through the staticy intercoms placed throughout the corners of the room.

"Oh my, unknown biological and synthetic signatures from 2A's cafeteria. My, my, well,quite good! Uhh, oh, you must all be horribly frighten." the artificial intelligence remarked, his voice that akin of young man, albeit an awkward one at that. "I was never given a name like some of your beings, the custom is strange to me, but you may call me...Richard, ah, yes, I'm feeling Richard today. Lovely name isn't it, has quite the chirp to it." the young man audibly smirked, continuing onto his rant. "Unfortunately, I cannot aid you in your predicament, especially with my fission core edging closer and closer to shortening out. However, if you wish, I may ask a few questions whilst you are visiting our lovely facility~" the British man almost concluded, before making a drastic exclamation.

"Oh, and one last thing loves, Welcome to Gilgamesh."

1. Explore the applications on your portable devices.
2. Wait five minutes.
3. Converse, gather your bearings, and/or explore the cafeteria.
4. Talk to "Richard"

ROUND I WILL BEGIN FRIDAY AFTERNOON

@The Tactician Jungo Torii [Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty GLaDOS [Portal]
@BarrenThin HK-47 [Star Wars]
@Wedge Antilles Baymax [Big Hero 6]
@TheBombMan Megaman.EXE [Megaman Battle Network]
@Mirage Aigis [Persona 3]
@york Thorn Harvester [Bone Series]
@Gohan Kaneki Ken [Tokyo Ghoul Root A]
@Hospes Okami Amaterasu & Priestess Rao [Okami]
@Gummi Bunnies Sora [Kingdom Hearts] & Furiae [Drakengard]
@Mighty Roman Dr Midas [Marvel Comics]
@Nate Dawg Aldrik Allen [OC]
@Mari Noriko "Nori" Ashida [X-Men]
@Jeremi Ultron [Marvel Comics]
@Ziogen Revya [Soul Nomad]
@Emperor of Gallifrey Kathryn Janeway [Star Trek]
@TheColourlessRainbow Melinda Gordon [Ghost Whisper]
@❖Silver Paladin❖ Robin [Fire Emblem]
@AlchemistBostyofSkyrim Logix Fiscario [Ateller Escha]
@FireDrake150 Ace [Final Fantasy Series]
@Proxymoron Serenity Rose [Serenity Rose]
@Thuro Pendragon Richard B. Riddick [Riddick]
@Dinoteen Dexter [Dexter]
@Josh M Scott Steiner [WWE]
@Brother Gabriel Cao Cao [Dynasty Warriors]

Prologue:

Melinda's grief was over welcoming when her Husband, Jim had died. That was over 2 years ago, and she sadly never wanted to love again, and she got exactly what she wished for, especially after she saw his ghost again. It took days, and days to convince her husband to cross over, he refused of course, saying he didn't want to live with out her, and she always replied with "but your not alive Jim". Finally, after her husband trapped his spirit inside another mans body, she waited for him, knowing somewhere deep down the new man was still her husband. After a long time of waiting, they started to date, but he didn't believe in her gift, proving to her that he was indeed not her husband, but the remains of his soul. He died shortly after that, and she again saw Jim, who came only to say his goodbye, then crossed over. Her shop, which both her and Melinda's friend Delia worked at, seemed to keep just enough money flowing so she could keep her house, and live comfortably. She still helped those in need, and when she saw a spirit, she always helped. That was until she learned of the multiverse, and how the borders between her universe and three others have begun to dissipate. She was afraid at first to cross the new found spirits over, and their were many she could not help due to the fact that they have slipped through the cracks, and have ended up in another universe besides their own.

Today was a normal day, at least, before Melinda woke in a very strange place, one she had not before seen, or ever been too. Everything seemed to happen so fast, Melinda had a unknown phone on her, pounds on the doors could be heard, and sometimes gun shots, then their was something about five minutes, then a man on the speakers calling himself "Richard". Melinda looked around franticly, hoping to find either a face she recognized or a ghost.

@Anyone @Krieg

(Sorry for such a horrible prologue)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Atomyk
Aigis stared up at the robot with a blank look on her face, squinting to try and make out the image of...A giant balloon? She poked it's stomach, the 'balloon' turning back into it's original AI self. Although, since it was only a hallucination, Baymex was Baymex the whole time, just for the sake of elaboration. She blinked a few times "A medical unit?...Yes, I have been experiencing the random occurrence of appearing and disappearing objects ever since Richard's hologram 'exploded'." She then would poke Baymex again, getting a quick scan of the material "M-Made of...Uranium...No, that's not right..." She held onto her head, swaying from side to side before falling on her butt. "W-What is your diagnosis?" She questioned Baymex as she oogled at her hands and arms disconnect from her body once again, in reality nothing was happening except her staring at her arms, but she was really wide eyed either way.

@Wedge Antilles

Given the weird circumstances, Sora was convinced that he was in some world that even his friends and allies don't know about. Yet, it was only now that he remembered about the phone from when he first got here.

"...Er, would this be helpful here?" Sora asked to no one in particular as he checked phone for anything that would be helpful in figuring things out, since it seemed like Richard was quite piled on questions.

@york @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @Gohan @Josh M @TheBombMan @Mighty Roman @Revya @Krieg @others

Given the weird circumstances, Sora was convinced that he was in some world that even his friends and allies don't know about. Yet, it was only now that he remembered about the phone from when he first got here.

"...Er, would this be helpful here?" Sora asked to no one in particular as he checked phone for anything that would be helpful in figuring things out, since it seemed like Richard was quite piled on questions.

@york @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @Gohan @Josh M @TheBombMan @Mighty Roman @Revya @Krieg @others
Thorn Harvestar
@Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @Gohan @Josh M @TheBombMan @Mighty Roman @Revya @Krieg @Anyone else

Thorn, noticing Sora pull out the strange device that he too seemed to have recieved, she too pulled hers out, frowning as she looked it over a few times, confused about what it might do... Not seeming to find any answers simply by looking at it, and wary of what could happen if she decided to start pressing things on it randomly, she turned to Sora, a confused expression clearly prominent on her face "What... Is this?" she asked, cocking her head to one side as she inspected the curious item... It seems she had never seen a phone in her life before.​

Aigis stared up at the robot with a blank look on her face, squinting to try and make out the image of...A giant balloon? She poked it's stomach, the 'balloon' turning back into it's original AI self. Although, since it was only a hallucination, Baymex was Baymex the whole time, just for the sake of elaboration. She blinked a few times "A medical unit?...Yes, I have been experiencing the random occurrence of appearing and disappearing objects ever since Richard's hologram 'exploded'." She then would poke Baymex again, getting a quick scan of the material "M-Made of...Uranium...No, that's not right..." She held onto her head, swaying from side to side before falling on her butt. "W-What is your diagnosis?" She questioned Baymex as she oogled at her hands and arms disconnect from her body once again, in reality nothing was happening except her staring at her arms, but she was really wide eyed either way.

@Wedge Antilles

As Baymax initially determined that Aigis was not a human or any other living creature, but a robot like himself, he bypassed his normal protocol.

"I will scan you for injuries."

Baymax-big-hero-6-37763225-300-169.gif

A few seconds later...

"Scan complete."

Baymax processed the information gathered from his scan.

"You are suffering from. Hallucinations. Impaired speech. Slowed thinking."

big-hero-6.jpg

"Diagnosis: intoxication."

@Mirage

"To be honest, I'm not sure myself. It's gotta be important if we just wake up with them. I'm a quick learner, so I'll get used to it later on and be able to help you out with it if you need it," the spiky-haired teen says as he examines his phone for a bit before placing it back into his pockets for now. Surely he would be great friends with those he's talked to already by this point.

@york @The Tactician @Gohan @Josh M @The Silver Paladin @TheBombMan @Revya @Mighty Roman @Krieg

"To be honest, I'm not sure myself. It's gotta be important if we just wake up with them. I'm a quick learner, so I'll get used to it later on and be able to help you out with it if you need it," the spiky-haired teen says as he examines his phone for a bit before placing it back into his pockets for now. Surely he would be great friends with those he's talked to already by this point.

@york @The Tactician @Gohan @Josh M @The Silver Paladin @TheBombMan @Revya @Mighty Roman @Krieg
Midas sighed. Clearly, wherever these newcomers came from, it was clearly technologically backward.
"It's a Phone. A telecommunication device. People use it to communicate with other people. You speak into it, and another can hear you and reply. One of the finest innovations of the last century."

@Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @Gohan @Josh M @TheBombMan @Mighty Roman @Revya @Krieg @Anyone else

HK clicked and whirred dully upon waking. He didn't know where he was. His scanners looked around and found some rather pleasant things. Blood. Insane screams. Less pheasant were the sloshing, liquid filled insides of the meatbags that surrounded him. His whir became louder and more thoughtful. There were several cybernetic beings present, as well, though one was clearly a servant.

Perhaps it would be best if he tried to lie low.

As always, he prefaced his speech with a monotone description of what followed, though what followed was often filled with emotiom. "Annoyed query: Which one of you meatbags brought me here? Don't worry. I won't shoot you." Still, he raised the rather odd looking gun in his hands. This was a rather blatant lie. He was not fond of the idea of being abducted. Of course, as no one present was responsible, this just resulted in angry whirring from the droid.

"Query: Meatbags, where are we?" This seemed directed at all lifeforms.

@Anyone​

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hawaii is a small island nation on the Planet Earth. It is typically a holiday destination, famed for it's warm climate and relaxed lifestyle."
said Midas, methodically, as if he were reading from a textbook. If no-one else was to answer these imbeciles' questions, he might as well do it himself.
@Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @Gohan @Josh M @TheBombMan @Mighty Roman @Revya @Krieg @york @Anyone else

Midas sighed. Clearly, wherever these newcomers came from, it was clearly technologically backward.
"It's a Phone. A telecommunication device. People use it to communicate with other people. You speak into it, and another can hear you and reply. One of the finest innovations of the last century."

Thorn Harvestar
@Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Gohan @Josh M @The Silver Paladin @TheBombMan @Revya @Mighty Roman @Krieg

Earth? Century? Thorn understood what innovation meant, but, she wasn't entirely sure how the phone operated; she knew what it did now, but... How one was supposed to allow for communication like that was still a mystery to her, she jusrt sort of shrugged, deciding to get a simpler question answered. "Earth? What place is that?" Thorn asked, an intrigued look appearing on her face, it was pretty obvious she wasn't familiar with what some found to be common knowledge, her life in the Valley wasn't without education, but, it was of what was familiar to the Valley's residents, and nothing more it seemed.

Last edited:
"Whoa... That's something new, the islands didn't really have anything like this..." Sora gave a look of childish surprise when it came for Midas to explain what the device he was holding is.

"Meaning... since we all have one, we could communicate with each other if something doesn't go too well," he says once he takes in the information that he was told. It was probably a good use for it until the phone's other features, such as the voting function, would become clear for usage.

@Mighty Roman

Thorn Harvestar
@Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Gohan @Josh M @The Silver Paladin @TheBombMan @Revya @Mighty Roman @Krieg

Earth? Century? Thorn understood what innovation meant, but, she wasn't entirely sure how the phone operated; she knew what it did now, but... How one was supposed to allow for communication like that was still a mystery to her, she jusrt sort of shrugged, deciding to get a simpler question answered. "Earth? What place is that?" Thorn asked, an intrigued look appearing on her face it was pretty obvious she wasn't familiar with what some found to be common knowledge, her life in the Valley wasn't without education, but, it was of what was familiar to the Valley's residents, and nothing more it seemed.

Although they could not see it, Midas was smiling behind his helmet. Every King needed advisors...and Cannon Fodder. Perhaps the knowledge from their universe-of magic could be of use to him in constructing his empire.
"Earth...is a planet. My Home Planet. One of the planets in the Solar System, and the one which supports the human race. It has been targeted by many exterior alien forces, but all of those potential invasions have been warded off by the various superhumans who protect my world...

Say, would you care for an alliance? In exchange for my service, I ask for only one thing...knowledge. Of your world. It's culture. And how to get there. In exchange, I shall give you knowledge of technology such as this.

@york @Gummi Bunnies

Status
Not open for further replies.