Murder Tale III: System Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Minutes to go....Something will come through that bloody door. Or it'll open, and we'll go through to a glorious battle! Or perhaps...I'll wake up with a hangover. Now, we wait. Unless any wish to serve alongside me, and prolong their lives in my glorious new Empire!"

@Everyone

Revya
Blah blah blah. This girl was a wreck. "Yeah I had gods where I came from too. Bunch of nosy assholes that used everyone as pawns. I just killed 'em. Killed everything pretty much." Revya sighed. "And now I'm here. Probably couldn't even snap your neck if I tried. ... Maybe I could. Bad example. Lessee... I probably couldn't do something like rip off your arm? Yeah, that sounds about right. Thing is, I don't care. This place is new and so are the people. It's pretty great. I don't know what kind of stupid problems you think you have, but why don't you... just, you know, not give a crap about them?" Somewhat helpful advice. Huh. Revya then proceeded to talk to empty air. "Hah. Ya hear that Gig, I'm bei- ... Ah, right, I killed him too."

Shrugging, Revya straightened her back and put a hand on the hilt of the large black sword on her back. "I suppose I could still cut you in half, if you wanted? Dunno. May take a few chops. Never really been this weak before."

@Gummi Bunnies

That one word was enough to bring a light to his eyes. Oh boy...

"Friends. You can count on me with that, Jungo," Sora grinned happily. Sure, he's only met everybody here a few minutes ago, but he was already comfortable enough to make someone a friend of his already.

"Cool name Megaman. That sounds like a superhero name actually. Well, my name's Sora, and... I don't really know what's the deal with this place. I don't exactly... remember if this was the world I dove into. This definitely doesn't look like Traverse Town, that's for sure," Sora gave a friendly nod to the other that happened to walk up to him.

"Uhh... you're sure that you aren't hurt?" Sora rose a curious eyebrow at Robin. Surely he didn't get the message that he wasn't that hurt, but he always had that sense of concern for those that he just met.

@TheBombMan @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @others​

"Superheroes? Traverse Town?" Jungo tilted his head to the side, obviously confused by the ideas being presented to him by the man dressed blue and his new friend, "I don't get this all at all." Honestly, he just wanted to get home and get back to cooking already. His restaurant needed him and so did Airi!

@TheBombMan

He turned to Sora. "I swear. I'm fine. I'm perfectly ok." Robin rubbed his head a bit more. "I didn't catch your name."
"Oh, alright. It just looked like you hit yourself hard," Sora blinked, but decided to take his word for it. He didn't know if his Cure spells would work, but as long as Robin was okay with not being attended to in terms of healing.

"My name's Sora, by the way Robin," Sora says, having caught his name a bit earlier when he first got here.
Megaman kinda blushed at that.

"Well... I'm kinda am a hero." Megaman replied. "And Sora's also a cool name too!"

Looking in his own memory bank... he noticed 6 Chips. Six? Megaman thought. That was too little, and plus he can only each one once...

"So... What's with that key? is it some kind of program?" Megaman asked Sora.

@Gummi Bunnies
"Heh, that makes it even cooler that you're kind of a hero. I think I'm somewhere in that category, being one of the keyblade wielders from where I come from," Sora chuckled at that, and then caught Megaman's question to him about his keyblade,"Its... a lot to explain, but I guess I can say that I was gifted with this keyblade a year ago. It chose me back then, and I'm using that gift's power to eliminate the darkness in the other worlds and save people that are hurting out there."

"Uh... yeah, it is a lot to take in, but right now we kind of have some weird business here... like, I don't really think I had the intention of being here in the first place..." Sora scratched the back of his head when he saw Jungo's confusion.

@TheBombMan

Prologue: Noriko Ashida, also known as SURGE

Nori opened her eyes to find herself in this place. Where she was, she had no idea. The last she remembered was going to bed, at the Jean Grey School for Gifted Youngsters. The others here, she didn't know. She felt a little helpless, but in times of despair, the young mutant would find herself, somewhat reluctantly, going through the lessons taught to her at the Xavier School, by Emma Frost, to find her guidance and guiding path.

"Explore the applications on the portable device," Nori said to herself, "everyone seems to have one. If this is a competition of some kind, I must at least have that knowledge to fall back upon, before seeking to go forward."

Darn that Miss Frost, Nori thought to herself. She was wise... but Nori wished more for having her be with her now, or anyone from the school or even from Mr. Summers' group, for that matter. Nori didn't like being alone.

"Oh, alright. It just looked like you hit yourself hard," Sora blinked, but decided to take his word for it. He didn't know if his Cure spells would work, but as long as Robin was okay with not being attended to in terms of healing.

"My name's Sora, by the way Robin," Sora says, having caught his name a bit earlier when he first got here.

"Heh, that makes it even cooler that you're kind of a hero. I think I'm somewhere in that category, being one of the keyblade wielders from where I come from," Sora chuckled at that, and then caught Megaman's question to him about his keyblade,"Its... a lot to explain, but I guess I can say that I was gifted with this keyblade a year ago. It chose me back then, and I'm using that gift's power to eliminate the darkness in the other worlds and save people that are hurting out there."

@TheBombMan

"Nice to meet you, Sora. I could also be considered a Hero. I led a group in saving a whole world from an evil dragon. I only led tactics, but..." Robin sighed. "Anyway, sorry about that debacle where I fell."

He turned to Ace. "That uh, sounds cool. Nice weapons by the way. I'm Robin." Robin stuck out his hand. "I use books as my weapon of choice. Books and a sword.

Revya
Blah blah blah. This girl was a wreck. "Yeah I had gods where I came from too. Bunch of nosy assholes that used everyone as pawns. I just killed 'em. Killed everything pretty much." Revya sighed. "And now I'm here. Probably couldn't even snap your neck if I tried. ... Maybe I could. Bad example. Lessee... I probably couldn't do something like rip off your arm? Yeah, that sounds about right. Thing is, I don't care. This place is new and so are the people. It's pretty great. I don't know what kind of stupid problems you think you have, but why don't you... just, you know, not give a crap about them?" Somewhat helpful advice. Huh. Revya then proceeded to talk to empty air. "Hah. Ya hear that Gig, I'm bei- ... Ah, right, I killed him too."

Shrugging, Revya straightened her back and put a hand on the hilt of the large black sword on her back. "I suppose I could still cut you in half, if you wanted? Dunno. May take a few chops. Never really been this weak before."

@Gummi Bunnies
Maybe she still had a tinge of her innocence left, given by how this woman was able to speak about killing so casually, and that sent shivers down her spine. It reminded her of Manah's state of mind...

"I... I feel that I must be the one to end my own life... but even then, you find it suitable for you to end it yourself... I would like to know your name... so that when I embrace death... I can tell such an entity of my killer if you do so choose to end me..."

@Revya

"Nice to meet you, Sora. I could also be considered a Hero. I led a group in saving a whole world from an evil dragon. I only led tactics, but..." Robin sighed. "Anyway, sorry about that debacle where I fell."

He turned to Ace. "That uh, sounds cool. Nice weapons by the way. I'm Robin." Robin stuck out his hand. "I use books as my weapon of choice. Books and a sword.

Jungo_Torii_Introduced.png

Who uses books as weapons? Images of his friend Fumi passed through his mind as her interesting use of laptops against demons remained a funny moment. However, that didn't matter right now. Whast mattered was Jungo's opinion of Robin, "You're weird."​

Jungo_Torii_Introduced.png

Who uses books as weapons? Images of his friend Fumi passed through his mind as her interesting use of laptops against demons remained a funny moment. However, that didn't matter right now. Whast mattered was Jungo's opinion of Robin, "You're weird."​

Robin nodded. "I know. I've been told that. I'm not as weird as Henry, though. He makes Crow puns, and is always obsessed with Death." Robin took his hand off of his head, which began throbbing. "And, I channel the Magical Energy of the books. It's a weird system."

panem_cafeteria_0.jpg

PROLOGUE: CONTAINMENT BREACH
24 HOURS UNTIL CODE BLACK

You awaken.

What you can remember is little, all but feeling an uneasy blackness swell around you. Perhaps you simply fell unconscious, or dwelt into a slumber that no soul can soundly awake from. Organic, inorganic, it matters not, for the cosmic abnormality still beams down upon you. Whether you are a proud knight, a ruthless mercenary, an Average Joe, or a deranged artificial intelligence, you all awaken far from your homes. Around you stands a new world, a crippled world, with the erratic flickering of electronic lightning and the bedazzling sparking of loose wiring. Finding yourself seated at one of the tables, looking around one would discover a horrific sight. Tables are flown across the room, pools of dried crimson splattered against the pale walls of this industrialized, claustrophobic labyrinth.

Faintly, over the hissing of steam and buzzing of lights, one could make out the sounds of the world around them. Screams, gunshots, cries, laughter, and screeching danced in this mad symphony of nightmares. Securing the cafeteria was two pair of double-doors, reinforced with a thick, almost impenetrable steel. Occasionally, a loud, frightening thump would come across to slam the door, usually a stray bullet or a creature far beyond the confines of a sane individual. Breaking the uneasy tension surrounding this makeshift band of misfits, a distinct flash of light would greet their eyes.

Within each pockets of the survivalists, or stationed on the tables before them, laid a lone mobile phone of the early 21st century. Oddly, those of unfamiliar eras were given an equivalent of this, such as a magical scroll or cybernetic interface. Whatever the case may be three, four applications greeted the lost souls: Voting, Clock, Phone, and Vereor Nox. Whilst these applications may be explored at any given moment, the mobile device automatically opened up to Phone, revealing a message from an unknown contact.

"5 mins, break."

The cryptic message began to invoke a bit of paranoia. What would happen in five minutes? What actually remained behind these walls and doors, and more frighteningly, were they strong enough to contain whatever abominations lurked outside? Questions would run wild, before once again an external source began to interact with the bewildered, stunned band stationed within the cafeteria. However, unlike the message, a rather bubbly, British voice began to chirp through the staticy intercoms placed throughout the corners of the room.

"Oh my, unknown biological and synthetic signatures from 2A's cafeteria. My, my, well,quite good! Uhh, oh, you must all be horribly frighten." the artificial intelligence remarked, his voice that akin of young man, albeit an awkward one at that. "I was never given a name like some of your beings, the custom is strange to me, but you may call me...Richard, ah, yes, I'm feeling Richard today. Lovely name isn't it, has quite the chirp to it." the young man audibly smirked, continuing onto his rant. "Unfortunately, I cannot aid you in your predicament, especially with my fission core edging closer and closer to shortening out. However, if you wish, I may ask a few questions whilst you are visiting our lovely facility~" the British man almost concluded, before making a drastic exclamation.

"Oh, and one last thing loves, Welcome to Gilgamesh."

1. Explore the applications on your portable devices.
2. Wait five minutes.
3. Converse, gather your bearings, and/or explore the cafeteria.
4. Talk to "Richard"

ROUND I WILL BEGIN FRIDAY AFTERNOON

@The Tactician Jungo Torii [Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty GLaDOS [Portal]
@BarrenThin HK-47 [Star Wars]
@Wedge Antilles Baymax [Big Hero 6]
@TheBombMan Megaman.EXE [Megaman Battle Network]
@Mirage Aigis [Persona 3]
@york Thorn Harvester [Bone Series]
@Gohan Kaneki Ken [Tokyo Ghoul Root A]
@Hospes Okami Amaterasu & Priestess Rao [Okami]
@Gummi Bunnies Sora [Kingdom Hearts] & Furiae [Drakengard]
@Mighty Roman Dr Midas [Marvel Comics]
@Nate Dawg Aldrik Allen [OC]
@Mari Noriko "Nori" Ashida [X-Men]
@Jeremi Ultron [Marvel Comics]
@Ziogen Revya [Soul Nomad]
@Emperor of Gallifrey Kathryn Janeway [Star Trek]
@TheColourlessRainbow Melinda Gordon [Ghost Whisper]
@❖Silver Paladin❖ Robin [Fire Emblem]
@AlchemistBostyofSkyrim Logix Fiscario [Ateller Escha]
@FireDrake150 Ace [Final Fantasy Series]
@Proxymoron Serenity Rose [Serenity Rose]
@Thuro Pendragon Richard B. Riddick [Riddick]
@Dinoteen Dexter [Dexter]
@Josh M Scott Steiner [WWE]
@Brother Gabriel Cao Cao [Dynasty Warriors]

Thorn Harvestar - Prologue; Deja Vu
@Anyone
latest
Thorn Harvestar woke up with a start as her dream abruptly ended, breathing quite hard; her forehead had been covered with sweat... She frowned as she went to wipe her brow; shouldn't these nightmares be over? It was sure clear they weren't, but, she could have sworn ever since the Lord of The locusts was subdued, she no longer had to experience such vivid dreams, remnants of her childhood in the great war. She sighed, but, suddenly looked up, sniffing the air; there was a strange smell lingering around... It suddenly occured to her that the smell was rather metalic, with a tinge of blood to it. Blood... Something she had thought she'd never had to smell again, but, here she was... Wherever this place was, having a hard time remembering how exactly she came to be here. Her memories kept on drawing up blanks every time; the last thing she remembered was falling asleep, and then... Nothing. Her thoughts were quickly interrupted by the sound of something pinging off the walls, she couldn't quite tell what it was, but, it made a small hole in the wall; this told her it was in her best interests to keep as far as she could away from the next sound.

Just then; a voice rang out around them, baffling Thorn greatly; The Valley had never possessed such a peculiar disembodied voice, but... It was obvious she was no longer in the Valley, suddenly exposed to a slew of new, and, confusing concepts, technologies, and environments. She listened though, taking note that she was on a place called "Gilgamesh", and, the disembodied voice referred to himself as "Richard", functioning on something called "fission cores", which was edging closer and closer to "shortening out"... Thorn couldn't quite understand what that meant; perhaps it was getting smaller? She rubbed her head, deciding to think about such things later, and instead, figured she'd try conversing with the others around her. With that though, she started wandering around, hoping to strike up some form of conversation with someone that seemed friendly...​

Ace smiles as they shake hands. "I see. My cards are a form of magical weaponry, but without connection to Orience I can't seem to use most of it." He sighs. "We are heros as well, saving the world from Tempus Finis, but Calling me a hero when all 14 of us did our part would be inadequate."

@The Silver Paladin

ƤяσƖσgυє: Ɠσσɗ Ɠυуѕ Ɯєαя ƁƖαcк

Anyone wanting to reply to this post, please watch the short video. It's only four minutes long. c: Thank you, and I hope I do well in playing as her!

It all seemed as if that moment was a dream as a high pitched sound vibrated against her tympanic membrane. How exactly did she end up being here? What was all the commotion, and who were all these weird-looking freaks... It didn't matter how many questions Serenity had, all she cared about was her little sister, the one who she calls "Sweet pea." This sudden realization that she had been separated from that child caused her to become upset, cursing softly in a raspy voice. It was then that a vibration was felt within her pockets in which the female had discovered a phone. The message it contained when she first opened it said, "Five minutes." What the hell was she supposed to do in five minutes?!

fDxbgPP.png

"What a pain," The sound had gone away, making it easier for her to think. "I just need to return home..."

Serenity's stomach began to grumble which made her decide to explore the cafeteria. She noticed several others where talking; however, the sudden change of atmosphere caused her to feel incredibly uncomfortable. All she wanted now was to find something to eat, something that obviously wasn't poisoned.
@Krieg
@Anyone at the cafeteria
@A stalker?

"Uh... yeah, it is a lot to take in, but right now we kind of have some weird business here... like, I don't really think I had the intention of being here in the first place..." Sora scratched the back of his head when he saw Jungo's confusion.

@TheBombMan
It was a bit much to take in, but Megaman got the gist of it. Now the only thing to do here is figure out what else they can do here.

"So... Jungo, was it? I'm Megaman."

@Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician

Robin nodded. "I know. I've been told that. I'm not as weird as Henry, though. He makes Crow puns, and is always obsessed with Death." Robin took his hand off of his head, which began throbbing. "And, I channel the Magical Energy of the books. It's a weird system."
"... Henry sounds like a crawful person," Jungo stated plainly, "You're still weird too."

"... Henry sounds like a crawful person," Jungo stated plainly, "You're still weird too."

Robin laughed. "Yeah. I like Henry. And, I know I'm weird, but you probably don't have a weird system like we do. I wonder how Chrom and Henry are doing." Robin said. "Do they even notice I'm gone?"

Robin laughed. "Yeah. I like Henry. And, I know I'm weird, but you probably don't have a weird system like we do. I wonder how Chrom and Henry are doing." Robin said. "Do they even notice I'm gone?"
"Demons. We use demons," Jungo really did not mind putting something in plain words.

"Megaman?" Jungo gave the AI a bewildered stare, "Are you the superhero?"
"What? Wait wait wait. I'm not a huge hero or anything!" Megaman actually was the hero multiple times. He is obviously believing that he isn't that big of a hero.

"So... if I understand things correctly, we're all from different worlds, right? So what world are you from?" Megaman asked.

@The Tactician

"What? Wait wait wait. I'm not a huge hero or anything!" Megaman actually was the hero multiple times. He is obviously believing that he isn't that big of a hero.

"So... if I understand things correctly, we're all from different worlds, right? So what world are you from?" Megaman asked.

@The Tactician
Jungo gave him a strange look, "Earth. What else?"

Maybe she still had a tinge of her innocence left, given by how this woman was able to speak about killing so casually, and that sent shivers down her spine. It reminded her of Manah's state of mind...

"I... I feel that I must be the one to end my own life... but even then, you find it suitable for you to end it yourself... I would like to know your name... so that when I embrace death... I can tell such an entity of my killer if you do so choose to end me..."

@Revya

"Suicide? That's stupid, life is better," Jungo stepped up, not a shit given, "Nothing should push you to that choice. Not demons, not other people, nobody. All you do is hurt your friends by doing that, miss."

Status
Not open for further replies.