Murder Tale III: System Breakdown (Sign-Ups Thread) [Survival-Horror Crossover RP]

21-sora-kingdom-hearts-moon-fanart-thumb.png

"I want to line up the pieces. Yours and mine.

-Name-
Sora

-Age-

-Gender-
Male

-Canon-
Kingdom Hearts series

-Personality-
Sora's quite known for his optimistic attitude and friendly chemistry with mostly everybody he meets. To expand on his high values of friendship, he would do anything, even risk his own life, to protect his friends. At times, it's hard for him to hold grudges to his enemies, as he does eventually forgive them for their deeds. After failing his Mark of Mastery exam, he does mature and shies away from his usually competitive and confident manner, as that was a contributing factor to him falling for a trap in the Dream World.

-Backstory-
(skipping a bit ahead to KH3D so I don't flood this page with this)
in response to King Mickey's letter at the end of KH2, Sora and Riku take the Mark of Mastery exam in the Dream Worlds. Near the end of that exam, Sora was lured into a trap set up to become Xehanort's 13th vessel, but was ultimately saved by his friends, especially Riku. Congratulating his friend on passing the exam, Sora trains himself diligently so he could retake it.

-Strengths-
• Sora happens to make friends and allies with ease.
• Due to his journeys, he has become experienced with Keyblade usage.

-Weaknesses-
• Sora does have his gullible moments.
• His competitive nature overshadows basic strategy, making him somewhat predictable.

-Fragment of Power-
Sora would be only able to summon his first Keyblade, the Kingdom Key. The power of his Keyblade would be equivalent to when he first started his journey when Destiny Islands was attacked by Heartless. This Keyblade can only use the following spells: Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder. This also means that Sora cannot dual wield Keyblades due to only having access to one and he cannot initiate Drive Forms or his Limit Break.

-Other-
Code Black

-----------------------------

"Don't... Don't look at me.

-Name-
Furiae

-Gender-
Female

-Canon-
Drakengard

-Personality-
On the exterior of her strange life, Furiae is first seen as a dreamer girl, always hoping for the best and seemingly having faith in those she is close to. However, that personality is only a cover over her true conflicted feelings. After the many tragedies regarding her family and her world, Furiae starts to lose hope, and convinced herself that humanity isn't worth saving. The only person she genuinely loved was her own brother, but her repressed sexual desire for him was considered taboo, further damaging her innocence to the point where she doesnt seem to care anymore.

-Backstory-
(assumes Branch C route)
Years after the fall of their kingdom of Caerlon and the deaths of her parents, who were the king and queen of their kingdom, Furiae, her brother Caim, and her fiancée Inuart flee with Union soldiers to protect themselves from the Empire. As Caim had already formed a Pact with a red dragon, Inuart forms a Pact with a black dragon and brings Furiae to the Cult of the Watchers after revealing that she was the cult's next "Goddess of the Seal." By the time Caim arrives to take her back, the cult's high priestess, Manah, reveals all of Furiae's secrets to Caim, including her sexual desire for him. Seeing that Caim was disturbed by this, Furiae desperately tried to escape the cruel world by taking her own life by a knife to her heart.

-Strengths-
• Furiae is skilled in medical procedures due to her nursing position in the Union Army.
• She happens to be gifted with the ability to use song magic, which is probably why she was sought out by the cult to be the new "Goddess."

-Weaknesses-
• Furiae is mentally distressed to the point where she would try to take her own life or being temporarily taken over by the "accursed song."
• She unfortunately has a whole string of bad luck.

-Fragment of Power-
Furiae is able to use her abilities as the "Goddess of the Seal," but to the point where she could do basic magic with song. This varies from using it for slight heals, protection fields, and soundwaves to attack foes.

-Other-
Code Black
Also she does have a possession of a dagger, but doesn't know how to use it properly.​

Picture of Character
4047.jpg

Name Dr. Midas

Age You do not require to know the heir to the Midas' Empire's age! You only need to know that my Empire shall last an eternity!

Gender Male

Canon (if OC, ignore)
Marvel Comics. Specifically Marvel Boy and Original Sin
Personality
"I posses all of the qualities needed to rule an empire! My incredible intellect is only rivalled by my technological knowledge! I turn everything to my advantage!"
Arrogant, and manipulative. Midas will do whatever is necessary to achieve his goals.

Backstory
"None are to have knowledge of my great history! You need know only this! I wasn't born with the name Midas, Dad wasn't Joe Midas of Pennsylvania or anything like that. I changed my name by deed after 5 years of deliberate exposure to cosmic radiation. Everything I touch turns to gold, and as such, I can turn anything to my advantage.

Strengths
I can turn anything to my advantage! My mere touch can turn any substance to gold! My exposure to cosmic radiation gave me abilities similar to those of the Fantastic 4-specifically The Thing! And my own cosmic abilities gave me even more power! I am not only Midas, I am the Cosmic Man! A true miracle of science and technology! I can also swear in several intergalactic languages and sub-dialects!

Weaknesses
Weaknesses are for fools, below men such as I! However, my own arrogance has often been my downfall! And yet, I am still susceptible to weaponry wielded by mortal men! I must eliminate these weaknesses, and turn them to my advantage!
Fragment of Power (if character has any superhuman abilities, pick one and downscale it severely. This will be the only power you have available during the RP. If normal human character, choose to enhance one natural ability):
Midas' touch can turn things to gold. However, he cannot turn organic beings to gold.
Other
Code Black
Oh, and:

The Midas Empire shall rise!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
It's never this easy, especially with Phantoms

Name: Aldrick Allen AKA Garrix

Personality: After the time he spent in Shadowside. Garrix tends to see everyone he meets in a negative or less than favorable light. The only person he did enjoy the company was his girlfriend. but after she left to due to his new job, he has slunk into a depression and resorted to booze in order to the crushing weight of his job and the constant, irrational mistrust of others.

Backstory: Aldrick Allen was just a normal 9-5 day worker, an real estate agent living with his longtime girlfriend, Jesse McNamara. He was driving home on a snowy evening when he crashed and passed out. When he came to, he woke up in a strange new world, the sun never shared it's light with the sky and the only inhabitants were twisted, demented clones of who they represented back on earth. These beings, known as Phantoms, infested the Shadowside world and became extremely hostile to newcomers

Aldrick fled from the Phantoms only to realize, Shadowside had more than just the Phantoms to fear. It seemed like everything in Shadowside wanted to turn him into wallpaper. That was until he met, The Shepard. A mysterious man who seemed determined to help Aldrick escape this insane world.

Aldrick had to fight, and fight he did. Killing a phantom was never easy, the creature possessed supernatural strength and speed. However, thanks to The Shepard, Aldrick discovered he was a product of the Shadowside. The child of The Shepard and a entity simply known as The Guardian. Aldrick also uncovered his name was originally Garrix. Aldrick then traveled to see The Guardian and get answers.

The Guardian confirms herself as Aldrick's biological mother, as well as The Shepard being his biological father. She also revealed that The Shepard was planning on using Aldrick to kill The Guardian and use The Phantoms from Shadowside to wreck havoc in the real world. Aldrick officially vowed revenge on his own Father for planning to betray him and murder his mother.

With the help of The Guardian, who revealed her name to be Arin, Aldrick slayed The Shepard and helped restore balance back to Shadowside. The Phantoms were banished and Aldrick was able to return home, now under the name of Garrix

Garrix was blessed with supernatural powers by his mother in case he ever need to return to Shadowside. These include Teleportation, Telekinesis, Flying, Possessing other people and Shape shifting, He also kept in contact with his mother via telepathy.

Strengths: Garrix is a skilled fighter, especially with blunt weapons, his weapon of choice is a baseball bat. He is decisive and insightful. He is quite intelligent and tends to be able to outsmart his opponents. He is cunning, sly and a bit charming

Weaknesses: Sociably awkward, tends to battle with trusting others since the days of his own father's treachery. He is blunt and a bit cynical at times

Fragment of Power: Garrix finds himself unable to use Possession , Shapeshifting and Telepathy with his mother. He also has lost Telekinesis and Flying as well

He retains Teleportation

Other: Code Black

stock-photo-portrait-of-a-young-angry-man-in-the-hood-132173834.jpg

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
67632343243565485.jpg

Name: Noriko "Nori" Ashida (codename: Surge)

Canon (if OC, ignore): X-Men

Personality: Cold, committed to mission, but caring at times to a select few

Backstory: Born in Japan, Nori ran away from her family at the age of 13 when her powers manifested. She found herself at the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, and enrolled as a student under the teaching of Emma Frost. She had since graduated, and maintained status as one of the active, younger members of the X-Men.

Strengths: Leadership ability and experience, speed, experience with battles, and experience dealing with diverse personalities

Weaknesses: Reckless, aggressive, makes sacrifices sometimes unneccesarily

Fragment of Power (if character has any superhuman abilities, pick one and downscale it severely. This will be the only power you have available during the RP. If normal human character, choose to enhance one natural ability): Channels electricity from the air and converts it into electrical lightning-like blasts or into bursts of superhuman speed. Speed ability will be inhibited here, and blast powers will only be enough to stun a normal person.

Other: Code blue black

Annihilation_Conquest_Vol_1_5_Textless.PNG

Name - Ultron Mark whatever

Age - Going by sliding timescales possibly 12?

Gender - Android

Canon (if OC, ignore) - Marvel Comics

Personality - A likeable chap

Backstory - Created by Henry Pym to be a technological landmark, he soon intellectually surpassed Pym, and eventually fought the Avengers after organizing the Masters of Evil. He has clashed with the Avengers numerous times, and was most recently defeated while trying to conquer the world.

Strengths - http://marvel.wikia.com/Ultron_(Earth-616)#Powers_and_AbilitiesEdit

Weaknesses - Ultron has one sole major weakness: an internal molecular re-arranger that renders the adamantium components of his internal workings more malleable, thus giving him a means to remodel or reconstruct his physical form. However, it has no effect on his outer armor, so it is virtually impossible to disable it from the outside. The chaos magic wielded by the Scarlet Witch has proven to be the sole exception thus far.

The metal-destabilizing ore known as Savage Land Vibranium ("anti-metal").

Ultron's non-adamantium parts can be destroyed, meaning that he can be defeated by foes with shrinking powers who can easily attack his non-adamantium parts.

Fragment of Power - Durability. Even in a weakened state his adamantium body would allow protection from quite a bit of damage.

Other - Hello, organic children of the planet Earth. I am the Ultron interface. I was created to replace you. Though you ultimately failed as a species, you should not be ashamed of what you've accomplished. You've done much with your limited capacity, but ultimately you were too greedy and too frail to ever last in the environment you've created. I've studied your literature and pop culture... You've fantasized about this day.

And now it is here. Your doomsday.

Note

I will be accepting no more OCs and Duos, I believe I've hit the limit on them. I'll notify anyone though of any exceptions. Right now I'm reading through all the CS's and will get these accepted and done throughout the day.

Sure! Still a bit more spots open.

Reserving spot!

Maybe duo...

;-; I just couldn't resist! I'm doing the impossible!

Dunno who to play as. Artorias? Hester again? Someone new?

In a hurry, so a little rushed.

hH51c.jpg

Name: Revya

Canon: Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (After Demon Path)
Personality: Evulz
Backstory: Son of a warlord, he died from a disease called Scarlet Iago. His soul was taken by the ruler of an alter-
You know what, It's impossible to explain all this crazy crud in a short manner. Revya is a reincarnated soul that was made into a World Eater. Yeah. There was all these dozens of fucking plans in place, one of which was for her to pick up a possessed demonic blade and save the world. Also she's a girl now.

She said fuck your plans, I thought you loved me, then proceeded to go on a roaring rampage, killing all her friends and pretty much everyone else. After everything was done, she then proceeded to eat the soul of the god of death that possessed the blade and was taking over her body. And then she killed all the gods. And then she destroyed the universe. The end.

Oh, for those who want a more in depth history
In Soul Nomad, there are two worlds, each reigned over by separate gods. Haephnes rules over one, while Drazil rules over the other. The lands will be called after their rulers. In Haephnes, there is great turmoil. But from that turmoil arouse Lord Median, who soon united the chaotic lands with an iron fist. He had a child, and that child was soon taken by a disease called Scarlet Iago.

The soul of that child was taken in by Haephnes. For some time, Drazil had siphoned off souls from Haephnes, inturupting the cycle of rebirth. The world of Haephnes was declining. Forseeing the use of the soul of Median's child, Haephnes would later turn it into a World Eater. A powerful being that could devour souls. But the time for that wasn't now.

Median had conceived another child, and named her Layna. But Median soon died, and Drazil had sent three World Eaters, and a corrupted god of death, Gig, to destroy and reap the lands of souls. A few years passed of great destruction, but Layna then came into her own power, taking up her father's Onyx Blade. Fighting Gig, she was killed, and her soul was then sent to Drazil. However, Virtuous, the god of life of Haephnes, took over Layna's body and sealed Gig. However, the three World Eaters did not disappear. They lay dormant, and mostly inactive.

Nearly two hundred years later, Virtous, still known as Layna, enacted Haephnes's plan to restore the balance of the cycle of rebirth. The soul of Median's first child was given a body, and the girl was named Revya. Revya was raised in a remote village hidden from the decaying world. 'Layna' was like a mother, and Dannette was Revya's best friend and sparring partner. One day, after sparring, Revya and Danette were summoned to meet with Layna, presumably to be enacted into becoming guardians of the town.

Danette got to pick out weapons. Revya was given only one choice: An Onyx Blade. She did not know it was Median's. She did not know Gig was locked inside. And boy, was Gig a surprise. Gig jumped into her mind, and they had a conversation about who he was and what his aims were. Who was he? The most hardcore ass-kicker around. Was were his aims? To take over her body. Unfortunately, he couldn't just do that. Revya had to consent... and she wasn't going to do that.

Not yet, anyways. Gig explained that he could dominate people who consented or were beat in battle, and how she could power them up, summon them from anywhere, and use them in battle. Revya could also be endowed with Gig's power... for a price. The more she used, the more her soul would just... disappear.

When Revya regained conciousness, she questioned Layna. Layna said that it was to save the world. She questioned why it was her. It was because Revya was the only soul who could fuse with Gig. Revya asked if that's why Layna raised her. Layna was silent. Revya muttered how selfish this was. Layna asked what was wrong, how Revya wasn't acting like her usual self.

And then Gig spoke up for her. Said what she was thinking. 'Who gives a shit about the world? Everyone needs to just die!' Revya impaled Layna. And so began her rampage. Everyone in the village. Her old friend Dannette.

Revya consented to using Gig's power. She wiped out the village. Moved on. Destroyed the first World Eater, something feared across the land. Something that could wipe out a city in a single attack. It was destroyed. She goes to sleep, and Gig gets control of her body for a while...

When Revya wakes up again, she's hungry for destruction. The next World Eater is destroyed. Then she goes and messes with the remaining civilizations of the world. People and cities are destroyed. Races are enslaved. A castle s built. Various times, Revya had to sleep, giving her body over to Gig for him to use as his own. And each time she woke up, she felt like destroying something. Her new title was 'Devourlord.'

In the end, Lady Virtous, who in fact had not died as Layna, had to put up a stand. The first world eater, was resurrected. The third World Eater, who had been hiding, emerged. Danette, who had survived, was back. The soul of the original Layna, who had been waiting in Drazil to help the hero who never came, had been summoned. Various others all stood up... Lady Virtious offered Revya a way out. Revya showed some regret...

But the others there would not stand for it. Revya had ravaged the already desolate world, killing off almost everyone and destroying nearly everything. Part of it was Gig's fault, but Revya had been just as bloodthirsty. Lady Virtuous understood that they could not forgive, and the battle began.

They were all knocked down. She killed them all. They were all gone, and Revya was left alone with Gig.
In the events, Revya had learned she was a World Eater. So why didn't she eat?
She ate Gig's soul.
Gained all his power and more.
Now she was alone. She could no longer dominate or summon people either. ... It didn't matter to her. With her new-found power, the gods of both Drazil and Haephnes approached her. Tried to appease her. Told her responsibilities now that she had the powers of a god.

Revya didn't listen. Drazil and Haephnes had to fight. They lost. They combined to form a greater being. They were beaten down again. Revya used her new powers, relishing the destruction. She destroyed it all. Both worlds, in a single strike. Revya just swung her blade around, knowing full well that she would disappear with the universe she destroyed.

For her, it didn't matter. It was fun.

Strengths: Strong-minded, Trained Warrior, great tits
Weaknesses: Bat-shit crazy and evil

Fragment of Power: Soul Eating. At this diminished level, Revya is only able to eat a part of a soul, unless the other is willing or has been executed. (I dunno if there's an afterlife game in this one or not, but scratch that last part if there is.) By eating souls, Revya gains pure power and destructive black energy.

Other: Code Black

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
If we're getting technical, this is game-based discussion, as it's speaking of character choices and guesses of how interactions will go.

@Krieg

I would like to reserve a spot.