Murder Tale II: Eden and the Forgotten People

• Thread starter TheColourlessRainbow
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man's voice was deep, and all YumYum could see though his hood was his pink lips,

"No I can not....I can give you this though..." said the man as he held out a vile, the liquid inside clear and transparent.

@Savvy Savant
"Some place called Eden, about to start a tournament. Sign-up if you want, beautiful, though you might want to be careful. You don't exactly seem the fighting type who likes snapping necks," Naoki explained with a casual shrug, his worry from earlier forgotten. It seemed pretty girls won him over easily.

@Savvy Savant
Princess-YumYum-childhood-animated-movie-heroines-30006400-720-540.png

The princess tilted her head at the statement, huffing slightly. "Haven't you ever been taught not to judge a book by it's cover?" she replied, coyly. It didn't seem she was fond of this man making assumptions based on her appearance. In fact, she seemed quite adverse to it. "One could say I'm a nightmare dressed as a daydream."

With that, her gaze turned back to the man in the hood, giving him a once-over skeptically. He didn't seem threatening, but he did seem quite suspicious. However, she shrugged it off, tentatively taking the drink. Maybe it was just water? Regardless, she drank the clear liquid despite, wrinkling her nose at the taste. Shit. Definitely not water...

@Everyone who wants some yum yum @Anyone by the forest's path entrance​

The Bounty Hunter's eyes opened to pitch blackness. The sockets of his armor were the only thing visible, the warrior blinked a few times before flailing his arms and legs to fathom where he was. When he looked at his hands, he hyperventilated. "A-Am I dead?..W-Where is the light? Why is everything so dar-" He then thuds on the dirt, the dirt seeming to collectively and suddenly morph into the fabrics of his surroundings, contrasting slowly as he gained consciousness. He grabbed onto the ground, ripping out the grass from the ground below him, panicking a bit, flailing his arms and legs to get on his knees to look at the grass. He then laughs heartily as the grass falls from his hands as he gets up on his feet, lifting up his fists and shaking them of his apparent triumph. "I LIVE!" he shouted aloud, laughing in the same fashion even more noisily than before. After a while he stopped, sighing before the voice came to him, and since the Bounty Hunter was in such a good mood at the time, he just nodded his head to what the voice said.

"Indeed!...Eden, you say? Why, that is a very prestigious title. I should be honored, but I bet you are to bring the likes of me to this place." He laughed to himself, slowly turning to the stage and pausing for a moment while he scanned the boy quickly with his eyes, hidden behind his helmet. The Bounty Hunter looked at his weapon and uniform for a second before chortling and slapping his knee. "This abode just keeps get more and more hysterical." He pointed at the boy, laughing to himself even more to the point of getting a cramp and having to hunch his back and put one of his hands on his knees from exhaustion. "Y-You're holding a giant bloody key! And your attire is what a bastard thief would wear! A-hahahaha!" He'd continue laughing for some time. For being trapped in a forest, he's taking it quite well it seems. Or at least quite well until he wants to leave.

@TheColourlessRainbow
The boy stared blankly at the man(or women?), he sighed then turned his gaze to someone else, ignoring him(her?).

X and Zero: Prologue - Just Another Day

"A tournament, huh? Sounds fun," a confident voice in response to Naoki's explanation said as he entered the scene. A figure in red armor and a long, blonde ponytail made himself visible, crossing his arms as he calmly examined his surroundings.

"Zero, we don't have time for that nonsense. I'd rather not advocate violence just for the heck of it!" Another voice piped up, a blue figure with a serious expression appearing and contrasting the red one named Zero, "We have to focus on getting out of this strange place after all. Save the fire for the enemy. That is, if an enemy shows up. I doubt any Mavericks can be found in a place like this..."

"Oh, alright then. What great plan do you have in mind then, X? Wandering aimlessly for a few hours before sighing in defeat and realizing that we don't really have any other choice? It's not like I want to fight or anything," Zero said in reply to the blue figure, seemingly named X.

"... It's easier to pretend you're being serious when you're not smiling in anticipation for some excitement. Whatever. Sign up if you want. I'm going to go tend to the others and see if they might know anything," X sighed, rubbing the back of his neck as he went around the place.

As Zero signed himself and X up or something, X would direct his attention to Isaac Clarke and Naoki, clearing his throat briefly.

"Excuse me. Either of you wouldn't happen to know anything about this situation, would you?"

Why are there so many civilians in this place? And why do they all look so weird? X thought to himself, glancing at Princess Yum Yum briefly. He wasn't one to judge, but... damn.

@The Pimp Tactician @Savvy Savant @TheColourlessRainbow @echoman94 @Anyone else or something​
Isaac glanced at the man's... colorful.. attire, ignored it, and decided the correct thing to do was reply.
"Not a clue. Was hoping someone could tell me."

Princess-YumYum-childhood-animated-movie-heroines-30006400-720-540.png

The princess tilted her head at the statement, huffing slightly. "Haven't you ever been taught not to judge a book by it's cover?" she replied, coyly. It didn't seem she was fond of this man making assumptions based on her appearance. In fact, she seemed quite adverse to it. "One could say I'm a nightmare dressed as a daydream."

With that, her gaze turned back to the man in the hood, giving him a once-over skeptically. He didn't seem threatening, but he did seem quite suspicious. However, she shrugged it off, tentatively taking the drink. Maybe it was just water? Regardless, she drank the clear liquid despite, wrinkling her nose at the taste. Shit. Definitely not water...

@Everyone who wants some yum yum @Anyone by the forest's path entrance​
YumYum drank the singing potion! As Yumyum tries to speak a tickle emits in her throat, it appears all her words come out as if she was singing! Singing Potion effects last till round 3 or 4.

The Intoner rose an eyebrow at the man as he held out a vial. While she knew of some potions due to frequenting the shop service run by Accord, she had no clue on this one. Great. It's like taking a shot of it was asking for trouble. Looking over at another woman who happened to down the contents of her potion, Zero wasn't really going to take her chances. Pulling out her sword, she held it up to the man's neck, not taking the vial just yet.

"Alright then, at least tell me what the hell is in that vial. The last time I take anything like that, I got my face blown off, and regenerating that was complete hell," she growled, demanding an answer. And she wasn't going to take any b.s. either.

@TheColourlessRainbow @Savvy Savant

tumblr_mte1i6gPV51rp4uy8o1_250.gif

Yvaine nodded sheepishly, shying away from the boy. "I sincerely apologize for bothering you," she apologized to the boy, intentions obviously not on upsetting the poor boy being bombarded with questions. Rather, she strayed from the small group, obviously confused and embarrassed.

The fact her dress had been reduced to tatters didn't help this.

So, she looked around the group, still hoping to find House, but okay with approaching someone else if she could muster the courage. But it was hard to deduce who here she wouldn't be bothering by talking to...

@Anyone who needs someone to talk to @BarrenThin

The Intoner rose an eyebrow at the man as he held out a vial. While she knew of some potions due to frequenting the shop service run by Accord, she had no clue on this one. Great. It's like taking a shot of it was asking for trouble. Looking over at another woman who happened to down the contents of her potion, Zero wasn't really going to take her chances. Pulling out her sword, she held it up to the man's neck, not taking the vial just yet.

"Alright then, at least tell me what the hell is in that vial. The last time I take anything like that, I got my face blown off, and regenerating that was complete hell," she growled, demanding an answer. And she wasn't going to take any b.s. either.

"well well well...." mumbled the man as the sword was held to his throat,

"It shall revert your powers, so whatever powers you held will do the opposite of what they original were intended to do. Unless you don't have powers?...." asked the man.

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"There..." he says with a chuckle, poking The Doctor in the back of the head "Madman in a box, what did you do this time?" he asks, looking around with a chuckle "I mean, I like the look of some of these folks...but I was about to shower...you're lucky I wasn't naked"

@Emperor of Gallifrey
The Doctor was about to ask his question until someone poked him in the back of the head and he heard familiar voice. He spun around and grinned at who he saw. "Jack!" He exclaimed happily, still grinning. "Boy, am I glad to see you!"

Isaac glanced at the man's... colorful.. attire, ignored it, and decided the correct thing to do was reply.
"Not a clue. Was hoping someone could tell me."
"As far as I can tell, it seems to be a forest territory that's under the jurisdiction of an unidentified leader. That's odd, my internal map can't make heads or tales of this place though. It's almost like we're not even on Earth anymore, let alone Abel City. Just stay behind me and you should be fine, civilian," X said to the man. Though he had armor that suggested he was some sort of... engineer or something, X had suspected that the man was some sort of inexperienced green, despite his... ah, rather menacing look. Then again, it was a good thing X could detect that Clarke was a human, or else he'd become alarmed that a Maverick had indeed broken in.

"Actually... are you a Maverick Hunter? I don't see the logo anywhere, and I don't remember humans being being granted access to that kind of tech..." X said, holding his chin in thought as he examined Clarke's armor.

"It tests your power against all, this place haves to much variables to think you can win every battle," stated the boy before taking a step back from the group.
Ike eyed the boy carefully. "... I'm not so sure about that." Ike lifted his arm, allowing Ragnell to shine in the light from above. His gaze ran along the the blade, examining its luster. Two wars with it by his side, and never it showed its age. Truly, it was a blade blessed by the Goddess. It was comfortable in his hands-- like an old friend,, and Ike knew he had earned the right to wield it. His body had been honed by conflict-- forged by adversity. It was no mere boast when Ike said, "I'm a formidable opponent."

Truly, Ike was just stating an undeniable fact.

@TheColourlessRainbow

YumYum drank the singing potion! As Yumyum tries to speak a tickle emits in her throat, it appears all her words come out as if she was singing! Singing Potion effects last till round 3 or 4.
Artoo couldn't help to emit a series beeps and chirps that sounded like he was laughing. This was quite amusing.

@Savvy Savant @TheColourlessRainbow

Ike eyed the boy carefully. "... I'm not so sure about that." Ike lifted his arm, allowing Ragnell to shine in the light from above. His gaze ran along the the blade, examining its luster. Two wars with it by his side, and never it showed its age. Truly, it was a blade blessed by the Goddess. It was comfortable in his hands-- like an old friend,, and Ike knew he had earned the right to wield it. His body had been honed by conflict-- forged by adversity. It was no mere boast when Ike said, "I'm a formidable opponent."

Truly, Ike was just stating an undeniable fact.

@TheColourlessRainbow
The boy looked to Ike, his eyebrows raised,

"Are you now?" asked the boy as he pointed to the sign up sheet,

"Prove it." stated the boy.

52d26ccd065ce82d45040eef24290784.jpg

"What the...~?" the princess spoke, only to find that she was singing instead! She blinked rapidly with clear confusion, reaching up to feel her throat tentatively. She felt perfectly normal, but it seemed whenever she tried to speak, the words came out in song! She seemed astonish, and her features quickly turned to a frown. "What did you do to meee?"

Oh, shit. This was going to be annoying as fuck.

@Everyone at the entrance of the trail​

tumblr_mte1i6gPV51rp4uy8o1_250.gif

Yvaine nodded sheepishly, shying away from the boy. "I sincerely apologize for bothering you," she apologized to the boy, intentions obviously not on upsetting the poor boy being bombarded with questions. Rather, she strayed from the small group, obviously confused and embarrassed.

The fact her dress had been reduced to tatters didn't help this.

So, she looked around the group, still hoping to find House, but okay with approaching someone else if she could muster the courage. But it was hard to deduce who here she wouldn't be bothering by talking to...

@Anyone who needs someone to talk to @BarrenThin
The Doctor noticed the state of the poor girl's clothes and removed his overcoat, handing it to her. "Here." He offered with a friendly smile.

"well well well...." mumbled the man as the sword was held to his throat,

"It shall revert your powers, so whatever powers you held will do the opposite of what they original were intended to do. Unless you don't have powers?...." asked the man.

"Oh really? Now you've got my attention," Zero brought the sword down, snatching the vial from him right away. Putting her weapon away, she opened the vial up, and immediately she covered her nose at the smell it gave off. God... it stunk, but it must be worth it if it could repress the effects of the parasite. Besides, she was still pretty skilled in combat, it was just that magic wasn't her big priority anyways... Ignoring the stench of the vial's contents, she gulped it all down until the vial itself was left empty.

"Why thank you for that. Even though it smelled like shit," she tossing the empty vial at the man. Though, she did give a glance at the woman that happened to be... singing?

"Oi, will you quit that? It's already annoying enough that I'm renounced as some fucking song goddess. I don't need someone trying to do something alike or related in any way to song," the Intoner scorned in obvious disdain.

@Savvy Savant @TheColourlessRainbow @Emperor of Gallifrey @anybody else near the forest entrance

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"As far as I can tell, it seems to be a forest territory that's under the jurisdiction of an unidentified leader. That's odd, my internal map can't make heads or tales of this place though. It's almost like we're not even on Earth anymore, let alone Abel City. Just stay behind me and you should be fine, civilian," X said to the man. Though he had armor that suggested he was some sort of... engineer or something, X had suspected that the man was some sort of inexperienced green, despite his... ah, rather menacing look. Then again, it was a good thing X could detect that Clarke was a human, or else he'd become alarmed that a Maverick had indeed broken in.

"Actually... are you a Maverick Hunter? I don't see the logo anywhere, and I don't remember humans being being granted access to that kind of tech..." X said, holding his chin in thought as he examined Clarke's armor.
Isaac raised an eyebrow as far as it would go.
"A what? Buddy, I'm just an engineer between jobs. Hopefully, I'm done for a while, seeing as-" He looked at his HUD, "I get no extranet reception... wherever we are."
His eyes scanned up and down the man in front of him again. "... What are you?"

~Humble Beginnings~

Oh lovely

Now, granted, Coco was not exactly a Lone Wolf type. Hells, far from it, she preferred to be at the head of a squadron or at that very least apart of a squad. But, in this present scenario with no lack of directions and a hooded man ominously standing before a patch of dense woodlands? Yeah, the fashionista wasn't ready to sign a deal with the devil just yet if you will. Taking the long-winded dirt road that seemed to stretch on quite a bit, Coco enjoyed the tranquility of some personal solace, occasionally peering back at the main group, noting any newcomers silently as if to size up what sort of teammates she would be interacting with.

Then, uhh, two men were at her sides.

Pausing briefly, Coco turned around, sighing heavily and cracking her knuckles together. Giving a rather sassy, insulted expression at Robin, the porcelain-skinned, spunky beauty took off her aviators, blinking her hazel eyes briefly.

"It is rude to ask what a lady's belongings, Grand Wizard." Coco smirked, though truthfully wanting a little bit of privacy. Granted, the fur-coated Naoki Coco didn't mind at least at the moment, but the secrets of her purse she remain as such, a secret. Unfolding her arms, which had been crossed over her bosom, the spunky, sassy, uptight, six-foot captain briefly paused, throwing her aviators back on and her voice growing solemn.

"If you are gonna follow me, at least have the common curtsy not to stare at my ass. If you want that, you got shiny pair of blue and red over there, and I'm sure one you wouldn't mind it." Coco remarked with a grin, extending a thumb casually to a pair of strange, humanoid robots that had awaken. Granted, no offense to him, but Coco's overall personality truly was sassy, sometimes mistakenly aggressive, but in reality, she was a genuine caring individual. Pausing for a moment, wondering how many would even notice this path, Coco continued down the long dirt road.

"Eyes up, else whatever is in these woods makes em' up."

@TheColourlessRainbow @Savvy Savant @The Pimp Tactician @Atomyk @DapperDogman @SirDerpingtonIV @I dunno who else to tag just whole group ahh w/e.

Last edited:

"Oh really? Now you've got my attention," Zero brought the sword down, snatching the vial from him right away. Putting her weapon away, she opened the vial up, and immediately she covered her nose at the smell it gave off. God... it stunk, but it must be worth it if it could repress the effects of the parasite. Besides, she was still pretty skilled in combat, it was just that magic wasn't her big priority anyways... Ignoring the stench of the vial's contents, she gulped it all down until the vial itself was left empty.

"Why thank you for that. Even though it smelled like shit," she tossing the empty vial at the man. Though, she did give a glance at the woman that happened to be... singing?

"Oi, will you quit that? It's already annoying enough that I'm renounced as some fucking song goddess. I don't need someone trying to do something alike or related in any way to song," the Intoner scorned in obvious disdain.

@Savvy Savant @TheColourlessRainbow @Emperor of Gallifrey @anybody else near the forest entrance
Zero drank the Power opposite potion! It seems as if her parasite has stopped developing and using Zero as its host! Its possible she could exterminate it! Her magic has also been effected! It will now do the opposite of what it was suppose to do! Effects will last till round 3-4

The boy sighed, everyone keeps asking him questions he had to figure out on his own, not to mention that the man has already told them where they were. His head sowly faced the girl, his eyes cold and blank,

"Your in Eden, being more particular your in the Colorful Woods. At least that's the name the locals gave this place."

@york
Shit. The name Eden sent warning bells ringing in Naomi's head. The last time he had been near something biblical, he was fighting deities for man's freedom. He was pretty sure YHVH was still peeved about that. The smirk gone from his face, Naomi's demeanor shifted to one of a stone-cold survivalist, "This tournament wouldn't happen to be run by a millennia old being, would it?"
~A New Journey~

For only the briefest of moments, Coco stood simply bedazzled and bewildered at the scenario around her, the little thing stuck in her cranium called a "brain" hastily trying to process every bit of information around her. Noticing the group converged around a hooded boy, there was mentioning of some sort of competition, and judging by the band of misfits around her, they certainly didn't appear to be students of other academies. Hell, one looked quite knightly, like some heroic legendary knight against the evil tides of Grimm generations upon generations ago. Wincing a bit underneath her aviators, knowing she needed some precious time to evaluate the scenario, Coco tended to her purse, which oddly seemed to lock up, not allowing her to openly switch to the minigun form.

"Damn malfunction..." the fashionista growled audibly, unraveling the strap of the purse off her shoulder and holding the bandoleer with both hands as if it were some fashionable, 21st century flail. Being interrupted from her totally scientific test some furred-coat teenager by the name of Naoki. Or Naomi? Same difference. Picking up on this place being called Eden, the captain briefly lifted a finger, smirking lightly before throwing the purse over her shoulders. Tightening her grip onto the purse's straps, just before she began to swing it downwards, the fashionista slyly remarked,

"Excuse me, you might want to back up a lil'. I'm a bit curious about something..."

To most outsiders, it would seem silly to hit the ground with the purse. At best, you might dent the soil if anything. But, as Coco's suspicions were hastily proved correctly, her purse had retained the weight and force of a minigun fully loaded as well as extra ammunition totaled in. All-in-all, Coco had never managed to fully work out how much her shredder of destruction had exactly weighed, but shattering concrete certainly meant it was heavy to put it kindly. It would seem even in this Eden, that would be the case as well, for the moment Coco's purse impacted the ground, a plethora of leaves exploded outwards, earth shattering and even cracking, a loud, audibly thud, ironically almost akin a gunshot ringing outwards.

Standing slowly up, knowing she caused a bit of a scene, Coco casually held her hands up nonchalantly in a nonthreatening matter.

"Sorry about that, I just had to test something, lads and lassies. Hope you don't mind the storm of leaves." Coco smiled a bit, placing a hand on her hip and tilting her aviators to briefly flash her beautiful hazel eyes in a cocky expression, the uptight tomboy begin to slowly turn away, casually making her way towards the long, dirt path that seemed to endless stretch, wondering what she would find partially as it seem they had time to kill.

Faintly, ever so faintly, a soft whistle from Coco could be heard as she ventured into the unknown, simply wanting a bit of solace from all the confusion at the moment.

@The Pimp Tactician @TheColourlessRainbow @york @SirDerpingtonIV @Atomyk @Savvy Savant @DapperDogman @Evrybodyayylmao​

Faith Connors
@Krieg @The Pimp Tactician

Faith in the meantime nodded at what the boy told her and started looking around, assessing the area, and the predicament she was in. Those "signups" sounded interesting, but, before she could even make a move to do anything, the sudden loud noise of something heavy hitting the ground made her turn towards the source of the noise. A mysterious looking girl carrying a bag with her seemed to be the one responsible for this, and it appeared as she started to run off towards some path, two males were following that girl as well. Shrugging a little, Faith decided to head up a tree and follow Coco and the others, watching from afar, she wasn't keen on directly conversing with them just yet, she was just curious what they were doing after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.