Murder Tale I: Limited Starkweather Edition [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole place was a mess. Paint peeling from the walls, old furniture laying about everywhere. Lights either broken or hanging low from the ceiling. This place was a death trap. Literally.

Straying a few meters from her new allies Laura took her chance to look around a little and see if she could find anything useful. Causiously moving chairs and other debris to check for items of use such as weapons or what could be a makeshift weapon or anything useful in this situation.

"How are we sure that whoever put us here didn't take away the food or water?"

@Reaper Jack

"Lost my pencil... damn" I looked at the notebook full of rough drafts and unfinished fanfics. it had all of the zodiac's in the back I stared at it.... why the hell did I put Aquarius so close to Scorpio and Capricorn? Ugghh no just no. I laid down on the floor and pouted with nothing to do.
"That-...that's it?"

I spoke exaggeratedly, and drew the word out.

"Wooooooooooooooow..."

I looked down at her annoyed and put the toe of my right shoe against her side, lightly nudging her about.

"C'mon, you're freaking out over a pencil."

The whole place was a mess. Paint peeling from the walls, old furniture laying about everywhere. Lights either broken or hanging low from the ceiling. This place was a death trap. Literally.

Straying a few meters from her new allies Laura took her chance to look around a little and see if she could find anything useful. Causiously moving chairs and other debris to check for items of use such as weapons or what could be a makeshift weapon or anything useful in this situation.

"How are we sure that whoever put us here didn't take away the food or water?"

@Reaper Jack
"We can't be. But we don't have much of a choice."

"In any case; they seem to be playing by a set of rules; like it's some kind of sick game; I hate to admit it; but that probably means the system they're employing is fair; we will find something; else it'd be no 'fun' for them to watch. Still; best be cautious."

FIRST KILL SPOTTED.​

I stopped in my tracks, anticipating whoever the hell the shadowy silhouette was. It crept out from the door, it's breath ragged, as if he or she's been smoking for years on in. The figure was dark. Too dark. It resembled a hunched over individual, possibly male or female, long shaggy locks of hair hung to the side, like a hobo. Who... was that? It finally came out of the darkness, revealing himself:

An older male, possibly early 60s, spoke in a cockney British accent. A green jacket covered him, his hair was orange, with a bit of balding in the middle. God, I couldn't help but hate him! He grinned, revealing dirty encrusted teeth, some parts of it were black, "'Ello love!" He seemed chirpy. Possibly high on something. Meth maybe? "... Name's Slappy! Now wuh' is goin' on? First I be' RPin' unda' me RPNation username 'JustAnotherRPer', but now I go' los' r' somethin'."

He paused.

"Got a fag, mate?"

ron_moody_2005_11_23.jpg

REVEALING: JUSTANOTHERRPER.​
(OH YES. JUSTANOTHERJEW IS GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.)

I blinked quickly, processing everything and having new thoughts rise up at a million miles an hour. I was into overdrive, and scared I was going to blurt out some random nerdy thing. There was a guy in front of me who looked a little bit younger than I was. I opened my mouth to speak but shut it again, looking around me. My hands were shaking, so I shoved them into my ratty, old Western Kentucky University sweatshirt. I had completed my last two years of high school there, but went to another university. I stood, extending to my full height of 5'6, and looked up at him.

"T-Thanks," I mumbled, I was trying to make sure I was an almost safe distance from him, since I wasn't sure if he was a weird-ass, murderer-psychopath or not. I squinted, and his face registered as familiar. "Hey, you signed up for Aki's roleplay, right?" I was still nervous as hell, and tried composing myself.

Jesus Christ, Natalie, you're studying to go sue snotty, rich, company owners for millions of dollars of money! You're supposed to be able to handle this amount of stress! Pull yourself together, woman!

I tried to form a complete sentence. Preferably one that made sense. "Oh my god, this is fucking crazy. I'm Natalie, by the way."
He let his hand fall obvious that she didn't need his help letting it lay limp at his side. As he watched he tried to hide a small smirk behind his hand as the women stood at several inches below him, making him have to look down too her, look down...

He squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to blur out the sudden attraction, god why does this happen to every time i met a girl. Keeping his eyes on her face he brought his hand from his mouth too the back of his head scratching the thinner hair there. "Uh, yah I joined I joined maybe yesterday.... well the day before this happened. If your from Iwaku then I'm going to have to say the the rest of us are from there. Are all murder games this realistic?" he asked, grimacing at the stupidity of his own joke.

Turning his head back toward the door he raised his voice to call out to the people just outside the room he found himself. "Heyy If you guys are from Iwaku can ou come in here for a sec?"

It all looked the same. Sterile and unwelcoming. Ironic; hospitals were hated by most people but they were there to help; someone had gone wrong designing the first one; and that design had stuck...

@Laura and @Dallas

"Yeah I thought the same just now; like a snack bar or something by the reception" Looking up; Jack made sure they were following the signs for reception; thankfully; the signs were in English at least.

They kept pushing forward and eventually arrived at what appeared to be the reception lounge; chairs were strewn across the floor; lights hung loose from the ceiling; the place was a wreck alright. Jack began looking about for a snack bar; cafeteria, or something similar; he cautioned the others.

"Mind yourselves; this place is damaged quite a bit; try not to dislodge anything."

// @Akibahara What do we find? If anything? //
You decide to look over the snack bar: There is food scattered abroad. Mostly candy if you think you can thrive off that shit. You see a few Snickers bars scattered here and there, a few M&Ms, and yes... there is food, but it appears SEVERELY rotten. I wouldn't try eating it. If you peered through a window, there's a maggot encrusted beef sitting there. It probably hasn't been prepared for months, hell, perhaps more than a year or so. This is Carcer City.

*I walk down the hallway looking around. All alone as I gulp not sure what to do* Fucking hell... why am I not home in my bed with my dogs....

Gil heard sounds of some people talking in what sounded german to him. Was him at some sort of Nazi camp? No... Or is it? No, it couldn't be. Well, it could be, but it was unlikely. He didn't knew that neo-nazi groups could be so organized. But once again, people could do all sort of things these days. He remembered about the deepweb again and how people could even order "cannibal dates", so about all sort of bad stuff could come around. Specially at that particular location and in that particular time. He was kidnapped after all. All that he wanted was to hide, but there wasn't much of a place to do so, so he just ducked. Should I follow the voices?, he thought.

It could mean that rescue had just arrived or it could be the people that actually got Gil there. The toss of a coin could decide it better than Gil could right now. He was always so awful at making decisions. Looking for any weapons with him, he found nothing. All he had was his fists, and altough they could be enough in some situations, he thought this wasn't of these "situations". Maybe he could just check it out, and that was what he decided to do. Just a quick check, if there was danger, he would run. Where?, he asked himself. Anywhere. Getting in a defensive position, he followed the noise, finding two guys, both older than him.

One of them was a complete stranger to him, but the other one... He knew that face. From where was it? He couldn't remember. Could it be... It certainly looked like it. It was the exact same face on the photo that "Reaper Jack" had posted once, to show his true self for the new RP that Akibahara was planning. There he was, talking with that other guy. That could only mean... That the video was actually telling the truth. All in it, it was truth. That was actually worst than what he had in mind. Believing that there was no more reasons to hide, he showed himself for the two men, with the hands on his head, as he had done so many times on his life.

"Hey... I'm Gil..."

@Reaper Jack
@Dallas

((EDIT: Sorry, it took me a while to make this post, so I missed Laura :( ))

You decide to look over the snack bar: There is food scattered abroad. Mostly candy if you think you can thrive off that shit. You see a few Snickers bars scattered here and there, a few M&Ms, and yes... there is food, but it appears SEVERELY rotten. I wouldn't try eating it. If you peered through a window, there's a maggot encrusted beef sitting there. It probably hasn't been prepared for months, hell, perhaps more than a year or so. This is Carcer City.
@Laura
@Dallas

Jack picks up the candy and Snickers and stuffs them into his Jeans' pockets; unsurprisingly; not much else was salvageable here; he called over to the others.

"I've got some sweets that are edible; nothing else though; if we want fresh food; we're going to either have to go gather, hunt, or steal it I'm afraid. Not a great prospect there."

@The Gil

"Huh? Wait...Gil? So that's you eh? Come on; make yourself useful and help us search this place; we need bottles for water now really."

"I guess you're right. We'll find something."

Quietly dodging past disguarded furniture and a few bits of plaster board that lay in her path Laura continued to circle the reception lobby.

"I really wish I was into horror movies. Maybe some of it would be useful to know for this situation." Laura said almost wanting to laugh at how often she had turned down watching such stuff with her brother, who was keenly interested in horror movies. The suspence terrified her not only that but they tended to give her nightmares for weeks if she did indulge in watching one.
Now she was living one and really wished she'd had watched one or two more just to give her a little more help, if it was any help.

Upon seeing a counter of food Laura wandered over carefully, turning her nose up at the rotten goods but took a few snickers bars and stuffed them into her pockets as did Jack. They would come in handy as a quick enegy refill but wouldn't get them far. They'd need more food but for now it would do to tide them over.

"This is a good start though. It'll keep us going until we can get more. Now we just need to think about water and maybe some sort of protection.."

@Reaper Jack

(OOC: I gotta go take a shower might be back later depends on if I can get on my vita or not and if I fall asleep or something) @Archmage Jeremiah @Cres

I glanced over at the guy from before and nodded after being nudged in the side. "That's the spirit, just try it's all you can really do so why not try?" I smiled at him before the slight annoyance of the nudge kicked in. "Yeah... but it was my only pencil, now what should I do? Oh yeah I forgot look for a weapon, right that's my priority" I looked around the room and found a table. I then proceeded to look at it then finding the weak spot in it I twisted up the spiral of my notebook to use as a ghetto rigged screw driver of sorts and loosened the screws keeping the metal piece in place which kept the table leg there, I then took the piece of wood, it would work for now simple and blunt but would get the job done.

*Well, that's just great... There's no food whatsoever. Hopefully we can find some CLEAN water, and some weapons. I'll use anything as a weapon, I'd prefer a baseball bat, but anything really would do. I leaned against a wall, and sighed. How in the hell did I end up in this mess? Oh wait, that's right, I was fucking kidnapped. Just like the rest of us... "God help us..." I said under my breath. I removed my chicken hat, and chuckled a bit. My slightly long brown hair was now visible. I remember where I bought this thing. It was at the Festival of Nations when I was a kid. They had a stand set up that sold a bunch of these from Nepal. Good times...good times.*

@Reaper Jack
@Laura

He let out a huge yawn, tapping his fingers against a side table that was located next to the couch in his house, computer sitting comfortably in his lap. Scrolling back and forth between Facebook and Iwaku was becoming boring at this time for him, and a thought ran through his mind of catching a nap. There was some event he was anticipating tonight, some sort of "Murder Event", and he was moderately interested in the concept. The people seemed friendly enough, the story was creepy and well written. He offered a smile to his computer screen when he saw that the "event" would be starting in less than an hour "Alright Sid, that gives you enough time to catch a little shut eye" he thought sleepily, rising from his location and

BAM!

It happened all at once, before he could even think, a bag was being forced on his head and a subtle, yet painful "Thwack" was heard before he passed out

HOURS LATER

I awoke on some sort of bed, the room too dimly lit for me to be able to make out my surroundings. A TV was propped up in front of me, displaying some sort of freak with a "smiley mask" (at least, I hoped it was a mask) on. My head was swimming with pain and confusion, not all together with myself enough to comprehend the situation or to be afraid. Vaguely aware that the man on the screen was talking, I forced myself to listen to what was going on on the TV. Coherent enough to catch only the last part, bidding me to go through a doorway on the left side of the room. I felt as my slender fingers went to massage throbbing temples, instinctively, trying to sit up at this point. When at last the confusion set in and all of bearing came back to me, hazel eyes started to focus and adjust to the light. Surprisingly, my first reaction was not to flip out or to ask "What the fuck is this?" in my typical. vulgar-Sidney, manner. No, my first reaction was to laugh, rather loudly.

"This is some sort of joke, right? Good one guys, though your thugs really did a number on my head!"

I exclaimed, midway through my short speech, realizing that this couldn't be a joke. How could this be organized if it was? That's when the words I'd been anticipating blurted from my mouth

"Wait, what the fuck is this?"

Silence answered me back with its cold shoulder, and the fear started to set in. Dressed in a white undershirt and black slacks, I adjusted my glasses were already on my face, bent from me sleeping on them. Cursing some more under my breath, I looked at the doorway, presumably the only one, and began to hear the rustlings of other people. On my feet now and stumbling slightly, I ignore the door and start heading for the voices. From what I could hear, they sounded all like normal people and although I heard only snip bits of the freaky guy on the TV, it started to register in my mind that there were others just like me, trapped in whatever the hell this was. Brief thoughts of Akihabara and his RP started to emerge, toying with the idea that somehow, this was happening in real life. Quickly shaking those thoughts from my head, I again spoke, voice tense and on edge

"Um.. Is there anybody out there? Hello..?"

• Love
Reactions: Akibahara
I watched as the so-called '14 year old' walked with a gimp across the Hospital Halls, "...." I bit my lower lip, I remembered that asshole: Wasn't JustAnotherRPer supposed to be a 14 year old girl who was SUPER sensitive to sexuality? She- I mean, he, banned us from RPNation! I said nothing, just watched as the old man flipped himself backward, as if reading my mind, "If ya wonderin' mate, I jus' say I'm 14 so I can diddle mahself with youngin' roleplayers."

I paused, watching him vanish into the hospital.

"..."

Nope.

"..................................................."

I looked over toward Jenna, "That... was really fucking weird."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
@Laura
@Dallas

Jack picks up the candy and Snickers and stuffs them into his Jeans' pockets; unsurprisingly; not much else was salvageable here; he called over to the others.

"I've got some sweets that are edible; nothing else though; if we want fresh food; we're going to either have to go gather, hunt, or steal it I'm afraid. Not a great prospect there."

@The Gil

"Huh? Wait...Gil? So that's you eh? Come on; make yourself useful and help us search this place; we need bottles for water now really."
"Yeah, I guess this is me, and you must be Jack. So, it looks like the video was right. Great. Awesome. Let me help you guys with searching through all this stuff". Gil approached the place and started to search with them. He was kinda hungry, but it didn't bothered him. It would take a lot of hunger before he would desperately need for a piece of food. He turned back to the others who were with Jack. So this was it then? A bunch of extremely unlucky RPers doing their best to survive on the hands of a psycho? That was something never EVER crossed his mind before.

"So... Did you guys found anything?".

@Dallas
@Laura

[BCOLOR=transparent]Grant smiles at his small phone screen, seeing that the RP murder thing ended. He didn't really feel like typing a epilogue, after all, his character was supposed to be from Gotham. He stretches a bit, and checks his watch. There was a scent of chlorine about him, fresh out of swimming. He zips up his blue and black sweatshirt [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent](The one in the profile picture)[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] and puts up his hood. He starts to walking home; putting earbuds in his ears, the sounds of faint rap audible.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The song Lost One by Jay-Z starts to play in his ears. It is around 5:30, still rather bright out. It's rather windy, breeze around 10-15 mph. He walks towards the mountains as he lived in the heights.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He smiles, bobbing his head a bit. His walk had a hint of swagger/sway that was rather laid back. He puts his phone in his pocket, just walking with the beat of the music. Afterall, he himself was a musician; Able to play the trombone and the guitar. He quietly sings the first verse and the chorus. He liked the message of the song and absolutely loved the beat.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]2 minutes pass. The song switches to 30 Something by Jay-Z, from the same album. He decides to skip that one, saving it for later. He smiles brightly as Sunrise by Slaptop starts to play. He loved this song for it's electronic jazzy feel. There is a rumble in the distance... Heavy rain will soon hit.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He bobs his head a bit, with a spring in his step as the trumpet starts to play. He wants to get his fellow jazz band friends to help play this somehow. He continues to walk, and thinks about life.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He sees the clouds, and recognizes them as possible flash flood rain. The area starts to get a bit darker, thunder and lighting in the sky. It pours out of nowhere, and he starts to sprint home. He soon enters his house, the lights were off. He locks the door behind him and heads to his room. His room is rather disorganized but to him it was organized in chaos. On his nightstand are 2 pocket knives, and at the end of his bed is another. In his pocket is a small pocketknife that he got as a gift from his dad when he got eagle scout. He sits down at his desk, his back to the one window and door in his room. He turns on his computer, his room dark and only lit up by his laptop's screen...[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]End of Prologue for me[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He wakes up, and sees the video. He frowns, thinking about the fights that are soon to come... He readies himself, to go to the lobby. He puts his hood up so his face is concealed by the shadow.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent](Aki, let me know if I still have the pocket knife and the phone in my pockets)[/BCOLOR]

He walks out of his cell, and looks at the others leaving. For now, he keeps to himself, his face hidden under the shadow of the hood.

PROLOGUE
Whew! You groan, reclining your head back against the soft, plush cushion of your chair: Damn, work was rough today! ... Or school. You scroll your mouse down against a bright computer monitor, eyes scanning a Sign-Up Thread written by Murder Game creator, Iwakuroleplay user commonly referred to as 'Akibahara.' Not bad, not bad. You chuckle to yourself, playing as me for an RP event? Interesting scenario, I wonder if--

CRASH!

You gasp, a booming crack of thunder erupted deep from the dark dark sky above. Hard rain fell upon your bedroom window, the sharp crackles of thunder and lighting piercing your ears, sending bouts of white light peering through your curtains at random intervals. A storm was settling in. Very harsh. Possibly one of the hardest to ever hit your city in 2014, especially during the Summer season.

Whatever.

Idly acknowledging the torrential downpour outside, you continued typing away: Maybe writing up a quirky comment in the OOC section, maybe you utilized such profound creative intellect you're so proud of and wrote up a unique introduction for your character, or alternatively, you looked outside as rain lashed against the windows...

Not for long.
"Get 'em!"
You don't have nearly enough time to flip around, a brown potato sack hastily muffled your pleas and cries for help. It was dark. Too dark. Your vision blurred thanks to the rough fabric covering your face, but you manage to spot this: Two ominous red goggles, burning deep against the darkness, glaring right at you.

You feel someone heft you over their shoulder, and then... nothing.
ProjectManhunt_OfficialGameScreenshot_%2811%29.jpg

"This is Echo 5, Mr. Starkweather wants this one alive."

HOURS LATER...
You woke up.

"Uugh..."

Getting knocked unconscious wasn't like the movies. You felt a very tingly sensation erupt in your head, at first, as if you hung upside down on a monkeybar for a while. You can't recall the last 3-5 seconds before whoever that was sent you into La-La Land. Was it a punch? Or were you choked out? It honestly didn't matter—you were far, far away from home—and desperately needed to escape this... well, who the fuck knows.

Sitting up, you pressed a hand against your face, removing a dirty, grimy oxygen mask. A plastic tube hinged against it's valve hung low into an adjacent wall, coupled with a dormant mechanical pumping apparatus: An MSDS logo sporting the word 'Suprane' caught your attention. You may not be aware, but Suprane or "Desflurane" is a powerful, yet expensive general anesthetic.

You didn't care.

An old, black '90s TV set buzzed to life within the dim, musky room. The spontaneous 'CRAAAAAAAAAACK' of white noise was unsettling, needless to say-- until it was cut short by a green 'Play' button flashing in the upper left hand corner.

A male, sporting a black leather jacket, gloves, and a freakish 'smiley' mask, waved into a camera:
smiley-2012-_138688-fli_1372507858.jpg

********​
Hello everyone. Welcome to your first night of rebirth. For the past few months, perhaps years of your life, you've enjoyed living a fantasy. This 'roleplaying': Your illusion, your escape, your DRUG, from such a cold, cruel outside world. [A pause] There are 24 of you. Most, if not all, of you are interconnected in a way you'll soon discover. For the next seven days, you'll experience REAL roleplaying: A real Murder Game. If you win, you return home with $500,000 via anonymous electronic payment – if you lose, you go home empty handed.

Catch the traitor.

There is one amongst you.

Listen to me, and your chance of survival increases: The door will open, head out into the hospital lobby. The Director has presents.

[Beep!]

[The screen dies out.]

A buzz emanated from a rusty door leading outside into, as this mystery man claims, a hospital hallway, followed by a lobby.

You slid off the table and winced as your shoes touched the cold tile floor, heading out into the unknown...

Between now and 2 PM MST Wednesday is the prologue period. Feel free to post your character prologue. If you complete your prologue or opt not to post one, feel free to engage in character interaction! I will explain what the lobby looks like after everyone posts!

PS: There is also a 'Mid-Prologue' update. This is the only 'mid-' we'll be having in the Murder Tale!

CAST LIST:
@Akibahara as Surprise Guest & Adam (NPC)
@TheColourlessRainbow as Cody
@Dallas as "Gage"
@C92cool as Chris
@JayJay as Jenna
@Gadwall7 as Grant
@MrDubWubs as Michael
@Reaper Jack as Jack
@MattieLee as Leesa
@Archmage Jeremiah as James Beach
@Xibilation as Natalie
@La Muerte as Tyler
@LittleMissTinkerToy as Lydia
@Melancholy as Amber
@Finch as Sidney
@Cres as Bryan Cordova
@phantasmagoricStoner as Batrisyia
@JextheShadow as Mark
@Laura as Laura

@The Gil as Gil Vieira
@The Last Outlaw as Nathan
@seeing the reflection as Nia
@dunaway5 as Jake
@Lunar-Eclipse as Alyce
@AlekseyVN1922 as Aleksey Vasilyevich Nevzorov
@Sandra as Salwa

Salwa was heading toward the voices slowly, crying like there was no tomorrow.... "My parents are going to freak,... What about my laptop?!? Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit. I don't want to die..." She said, her tangled, messy, poofyish hair ran down to her chest, her eyes were red from crying. She entered the lobby. And looked around. She just froze. A chill ran up her back.

(( sorry for being so short... ))

PROLOGUE
Whew! You groan, reclining your head back against the soft, plush cushion of your chair: Damn, work was rough today! ... Or school. You scroll your mouse down against a bright computer monitor, eyes scanning a Sign-Up Thread written by Murder Game creator, Iwakuroleplay user commonly referred to as 'Akibahara.' Not bad, not bad. You chuckle to yourself, playing as me for an RP event? Interesting scenario, I wonder if--

CRASH!

You gasp, a booming crack of thunder erupted deep from the dark dark sky above. Hard rain fell upon your bedroom window, the sharp crackles of thunder and lighting piercing your ears, sending bouts of white light peering through your curtains at random intervals. A storm was settling in. Very harsh. Possibly one of the hardest to ever hit your city in 2014, especially during the Summer season.

Whatever.

Idly acknowledging the torrential downpour outside, you continued typing away: Maybe writing up a quirky comment in the OOC section, maybe you utilized such profound creative intellect you're so proud of and wrote up a unique introduction for your character, or alternatively, you looked outside as rain lashed against the windows...

Not for long.
"Get 'em!"
You don't have nearly enough time to flip around, a brown potato sack hastily muffled your pleas and cries for help. It was dark. Too dark. Your vision blurred thanks to the rough fabric covering your face, but you manage to spot this: Two ominous red goggles, burning deep against the darkness, glaring right at you.

HOURS LATER...
You woke up.

"Uugh..."

Getting knocked unconscious wasn't like the movies. You felt a very tingly sensation erupt in your head, at first, as if you hung upside down on a monkeybar for a while. You can't recall the last 3-5 seconds before whoever that was sent you into La-La Land. Was it a punch? Or were you choked out? It honestly didn't matter—you were far, far away from home—and desperately needed to escape this... well, who the fuck knows.

Sitting up, you pressed a hand against your face, removing a dirty, grimy oxygen mask. A plastic tube hinged against it's valve hung low into an adjacent wall, coupled with a dormant mechanical pumping apparatus: An MSDS logo sporting the word 'Suprane' caught your attention. You may not be aware, but Suprane or "Desflurane" is a powerful, yet expensive general anesthetic.

You didn't care.

An old, black '90s TV set buzzed to life within the dim, musky room. The spontaneous 'CRAAAAAAAAAACK' of white noise was unsettling, needless to say-- until it was cut short by a green 'Play' button flashing in the upper left hand corner.

A male, sporting a black leather jacket, gloves, and a freakish 'smiley' mask, waved into a camera:

********​
Hello everyone. Welcome to your first night of rebirth. For the past few months, perhaps years of your life, you've enjoyed living a fantasy. This 'roleplaying': Your illusion, your escape, your DRUG, from such a cold, cruel outside world. [A pause] There are 24 of you. Most, if not all, of you are interconnected in a way you'll soon discover. For the next seven days, you'll experience REAL roleplaying: A real Murder Game. If you win, you return home with $500,000 via anonymous electronic payment – if you lose, you go home empty handed.

Catch the traitor.

Listen to me, and your chance of survival increases: The door will open, head out into the hospital lobby. The Director has presents.

[Beep!]

[The screen dies out.]

A buzz emanated from a rusty door leading outside into, as this mystery man claims, a hospital hallway, followed by a lobby.

You slid off the table and winced as your shoes touched the cold tile floor, heading out into the unknown...

Between now and 2 PM MST Wednesday is the prologue period. Feel free to post your character prologue. If you complete your prologue or opt not to post one, feel free to engage in character interaction! I will explain what the lobby looks like after everyone posts!

PS: There is also a 'Mid-Prologue' update. This is the only 'mid-' we'll be having in the Murder Tale!

CAST LIST:
@Akibahara as Surprise Guest & Adam (NPC)
@TheColourlessRainbow as Cody
@Dallas as "Gage"
@C92cool as Chris
@JayJay as Jenna
@Gadwall7 as Grant
@MrDubWubs as Michael
@Reaper Jack as Jack
@MattieLee as Leesa
@Archmage Jeremiah as James Beach
@Xibilation as Natalie
@La Muerte as Tyler
@LittleMissTinkerToy as Lydia
@Melancholy as Amber
@Finch as Sidney
@Cres as Bryan Cordova
@phantasmagoricStoner as Batrisyia
@JextheShadow as Mark
@Laura as Laura

@The Gil as Gil Vieira
@The Last Outlaw as Nathan
@seeing the reflection as Nia
@dunaway5 as Jake
@Lunar-Eclipse as Alyce
@AlekseyVN1922 as Aleksey Vasilyevich Nevzorov
It was a normal day for Cody, his mind racing, his blood pumping, and sadly, his life still lasting. He moved endlessly through his room, then the hallway, then his mother's room. He smiled as he looked to his crippled mother, her thin lips in her normal half smile, and her eyes directed at the flat screen tv.

"Need anything?" Asked Cody, his words almost hollow. His mother's head turned, slightly wavering the four layers of blankets that sat atop her.

"...No, I'm okay." replied the soft sickly female tone. Cody returned to his room, the walls barren and the room rather uninviting. His laptop sat alone on top the fold out table, a fold out chair sitting neatly tucked under it. Whew! You groan, reclining your head back against the soft, plush cushion of your chair: Damn, work was rough today! ... Or school. You scroll your mouse down against a bright computer monitor, eyes scanning a Sign-Up Thread written by Murder Game creator, Iwakuroleplay user commonly referred to as 'Akibahara.' Not bad, not bad. You chuckle to yourself, playing as me for an RP event? Interesting scenario, I wonder if--

CRASH!

Whatever.

Not for long.
"Get 'em!"

HOURS LATER...
You woke up.

"Uugh..."

You didn't care.

********​

Catch the traitor.

[Beep!]

[The screen dies out.]

@Anyone

I left her the pencil on the table and walked down the hall again, I then saw whatever the fuck just walked out of the door and asked

"Got a fag mate?"

.... Silence

He then asked out-loud, meaning for it to be in his head

"Was that really JustanotherJe- I mean Rper?"

@Akibahara

I watched as the so-called '14 year old' walked with a gimp across the Hospital Halls, "...." I bit my lower lip, I remembered that asshole: Wasn't JustAnotherRPer supposed to be a 14 year old girl who was SUPER sensitive to sexuality? She- I mean, he, banned us from RPNation! I said nothing, just watched as the old man flipped himself backward, as if reading my mind, "If ya wonderin' mate, I jus' say I'm 14 so I can diddle mahself with youngin' roleplayers."

I paused, watching him vanish into the hospital.

"..."

Nope.

"..................................................."

I looked over toward Jenna, "That... was really fucking weird."
Only looking at the old man in silence and disgust, I frowned a little when he left.
I nodded, my hand still holding on to Adam's for comfort.

// I aint got much to do but stand around and be quiet, as I expected xD Going to sleep for today tho

Status
Not open for further replies.