INTEREST CHECK "Murder" - Shapeshifter/Mafia-esque RP?{STILL ACCEPTING}

I think whether we make our own or base it off of something, it's still going to cross over with actual myths by going with the crow's actual nature and such. Still thinking about what the religion would be about and it's stories and such though...
I think we should go by our own ideas rather than take off of anything that already exists, just because it allows more flexibility. Thoughts? Ideas on what we should do?

As for their origins...well we're going a bit in the way of modern fantasy. Perhaps their origins could be a variation of crow that, once upon a time, was more intelligent and could harness things such as magic and shapeshifting. Those that retained this higher intelligence and power kept living as this specific race, which often took on the form of human as it was simply more beneficial given the dominance of humans over other species, while those that didn't continued to breed into regular crows without this same level of intelligence and any magical power. Then this race that Murder is, simply by default began to develop the human form as a regular part of their race because they did it so often, and now having the two forms of bird and human is natural for them? Essentially just a kind of "evolution" with a little help from their magic, though this magic was restricted to changing form and not much else, or perhaps their race has lost and forgotten what other abilities they might've had in the past and only their shapeshifting survived?

" their race has lost and forgotten what other abilities they might've had in the past and only their shapeshifting survived?" is a great idea! Perhaps the boss is the only man who knows what other powers they harness and that's why people (the older gen.) give him blind authority because he is this great leader / powerful.

As for the religion - hm. Yeah, it makes sense that they would be their own mafia or killing gang because crows are adaptable and etc. I'm still not sure what the religion would be though - nothing coming to me now but I'm sure anything you guys think of will be fine.

I don't really have a solid take on what the religion would specify with either just yet, but I'll think on it and try to come up with someting solid =3

Can't wait for this to be fully fleshed out. Should the Murder have some kind of emblem?

They could, but I have no idea at the moment what it would be xD

I think having an emblem would be awesome! My guess is just look online for something and we can use it or upload something if one of you two are an artist (I am not)

How about this...?
crow_symbol_by_sappheiross-d4fa4wv.jpg

That looks absolutely awesome! My vote is for that one

Great! ^^ I think the only thing we need to come up with then to finalize it would be the religion aspect, and then I think we can begin.

Whoots! As for religion - would we want them revering some sort of "mighty crow" or perhaps the first peoples who perfected the art of being half crow and half human? As for the actual religion, will it be taken very seriously or just depend on the sort of person you are. Required service or prayer or can it just be thanking XYZ every time something good happens? Should there be a tome / any written manuscript or just passed down through word of tongue? A lighter religion or a rigorous one? (Just throwing out ideas to get us thinking)

I think they could revere the three legged crow as a great ancestor. It would be their deity too? It could be their origin. They're kind of like a cult I guess. A cult, gang, mafia family all in one. They'd be a really tight group. What do you think?

I agree but what principles would the religion teach? An example is the Torah, Bible, and Quran all teach XYZ or show it through stories on morals or a way of life. So I like the cult idea - should there be some sort of tome or just the "spirit of the three legged crow" sort of deal that show the way of life for our cult members or morality (perhaps immorality since they're a gang / mafia deal) ?

Perhaps "morality" and maybe their general perception of life?

If they're going to be the gang / mafia - wouldn't they -not- want to give any shits about right and wrong? Or would it be a twisted sort of morality where killing is good (an example)

I think a certain kind of killing is good to them. Like some kind of mission...? After all, they have blind faith on the boss, they're bound to do or believe whatever he says.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok! Let's see what The Great Me! thinks but I am fine with that

I love that emblem. How about a motto too?

Hm, a motto... I'll just throw some things that come off of the top of my head. Long day so these might be terrible:

"Let the world not fool you with its deceit. The only true rational comes from (Insert name of the three legged crow)."
"Without the Murder, you're six feet under."
"Only when blood has been properly spilt will your spirit ignite."
"The dynamics of the world only has one true cure: Our Murder."
"An onslaught of our own to numb the pain of our people."

"Let the world not fool you with its deceit. The only true rational comes from (Insert name of the three legged crow)."
I vote this one!

I like that one as well. Though I'm more fond of:
"The dynamics of the world only has one true cure: Our Murder."

Hm...well the three-legged crow is typically seen as an Envoy of the Heavens as an intervention into human affairs.
Their obligatory "intervention" based upon their religion and beliefs could involve the fact that they murder people, perhaps who they see as needing to be snuffed out for one reason or another? As a general group mindset, Murder already looks down on humans as a despicable race, moreso in current day than they used to.

So more or less their basic goal would be to weed out corruption through the killing off certain people, and just generally under the belief that they're much like the three-legged Crow God in their "interventions". Basically, believing that all of their work is that of a higher power.

Younger members might feel differently though, and might perhaps see through that whole thing of "doing the will of the Gods" as false or a misled notion?
Not necessarily being against killing and death mind you, but not doing it for the same reasons or following the religion like the older generations, but perhaps more for their own enjoyment and the like that's bred into them from many generations past?