"Murder" * Shapeshifter/Mafia-esque * Open&Accepting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Great Me!

Original poster
images
"Ever wonder why a flock of crows is called a "Murder"?"
Often times, people are and have always been afraid of crows.
Carrion birds that flock to the dead and feast on the flesh of corpses.
Their arrival is known to be the aftermath of battles and carnage,
herolding the end of bloody conflict, if only for a short while.
This is what we know of crows today.
Known only to a few is the true reason behind the stigma of crows.
The disgust and fear passed on,
for seemingly no reason but blind and meaningless hatred.
Hiding among these common animals is a secret.
An undocumented race.
A faction that seems to lie outside general knowledge,
amongst even most other crime syndicates and law enforcement.
Shapeshifters.
Assassin's cloaked in black,
not of cloth-
but of feathers.
They were once more widely known,
long ago when technologies were practically stone-age
And humans were constantly warring and barbaric.
But they've since faded from history and text.
They are known simply by the name,
Ripped apart by crows
land eft carved into the flesh of these assassin's victims:
"Murder"
Who is "Murder" and what do they look like?
"Murder" is not the official name of their race, but if they have one, it is unknown. They were once much larger, much more powerful creatures of the Crow variety back when Man was still a newborn species. They had many abilities and were greatly feared, but over the generations, these abilities have been lost to history, and their kind have shrunk along with all other animal species as humans rose to power.
Equally, their species has been all but forgotten, lost to most of Man's knowledge. One power has remained dominant and ever-present however - the ability to shapeshift and take on human form at will, and blend with the "dominant race" unnoticed.
There have only been whispers of their kind, which soon went dark and fell unnoticed not long after the end of the medieval ages. Often they were called upon, for their "services" as mercenaries and assassins, both by those few who knew their true race and many more who didn't. On their victims, their "hits" - ravaged by crows ripping apart and feeding on the corpse left behind - has always been one sign of their doing. The word "Murder" carved into the flesh and in blood.
Members of this particular race - who are not the same as regular crows, mind you - appear like crows or ravens in true form, and in human form, can blend easily with humans. The only physical signs of their race are usually patches of feathers and other such bird-like features. These are most apparent at a young age, but as each individual matures, they are able to take on more and more of a full human appearance. The average age of those that can appear fully human is about 25.
They may also take on a mixed form between the two, sprouting large wings in human form, but the younger a member, the more difficult it s to accomplish, just the same as being able to take on a fully human form.
Members can be of any rac of crow, but the species of crow that they are is almost always reflected in their "race" of human form(Japanese jungle crow would be Japanese, african Cape Crow would be African/black, Hawaiian crow would be Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, et cetera).
The only usual physical sign that these Murder crows are different from regular crows might be their eye color, which remains the same in human and bird form, instead of beady black/dark brown for all.
Other animals can also sense their presence, and react negatively to them, sometimes even seemingly attacking them unprovoked, when in human form.
Language, Culture, and Abilities
To a normal human, these crows still sound the same as any other. To others of their own kind though, they are easily distinguishable from a normal crow, and can even understand each other and regular crows in human form as well as animal. They also hold sway over normal crows, and can make them follow commands, not so much a power as a thing that seems bred between the two kinds like tradition or a hierarchy.
The most prominant - really the only recognized - ability of Murder crows is their ability to shapeshift.
Emblem of "Murder"
crow_symbol_by_sappheiross-d4fa4wv.jpg
"The folly of Man's corrupt world only has one true cure: Our Murder."
These crows believe in and follow a crow God, and the higher ranks are usually the ones who give orders, supposedly given initially by the Boss crow of the race, and divine guidance from this God. The older generations are stuck in their ways following their God and leader, believing that their work is that of the heavens, tasked to "cleanse" the world under the guidance of superior, diefied beings. The younger generations however have begun to doubt and stray, doing as they please regardless of disapproval from those higher up.
Upheavil within the Ranks
The older generations and the Leader of Murder are very stuck in tradition and their old ways. They believe in following their God, and that their murders are an act of divine intervention willed by the heavens, to eradicate the world of human corruption and evils.
The newer generations are beginning to renounce the old ways, discrediting their murders as any sort of divine will, and do things their own way and as they see fit, even going so far as to kill and leave their groups monicur simply for their own gain.
Victims killed by the group of quickly escalated higher than ever because of this, and it's due to this that the groups murders have caught more media and law enforcers attention in recent years, putting their entire race at risk.
While the older generations are trying to reign their fledglings back under reign of their beliefs in the Old Ways, talk has also begun to circulate among their own kind that a rebellion may be forming within the lower ranks to overthrow and remake the group and it's beliefs and ethics, and meanwhile, fear is escalating amongst the race that humans will discover and try to eradicate them.
Rank Hierarchy
Hierarchy is mainly decided by age, first and foremost. The oldest Crow is the Boss. He is seen much like the Father of a mafia group, and his word is law.
After age, as many are close in it, is then decided by size, skill, and strength, the power in which one crow might take dominance over another.
Many of the new, modern day generations cannot stand this or the way things are run, which has led to many recent problems within the group, and there have been fearful whisperings of a rebellion because of this.
Character Options
There will be three types of characters you can play for this RP.
  • Senior/Older Murder members
  • Younger/new generation Murder members
  • Humans(law enforcers/police or civilians)
You can play as many characters as you want, and is probably a good idea to have a few, but only take as many as you can keep up with playing
Character Sheets
*Name
*Race(if part of the crow race, what species of crow? What ethnicity in human form?)
*Appearance
*Eye Color
*Personality
*History

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Astaroth
Characters:
"Murder" Crows Allied to the "Old, Traditional Ways"
  1. "Father" - Hooded Crow - Male - Unknown Age, old - Played by The Great Me!
  2. Luna Lycoris Ashborne - Albino American Crow - White(human) - Female - 18 years - Played by Dream Spirit
  3. Valentina Ivanov - Rook(bird/crow) - Russion(human) - Female - 28 years - Played by JustJen
  4. Saundra Ilene Higgins - Northwestern Crow - African-American(human) - Female - 20 years - Played by CrimsonMaiden

"Murder" Crows Undecided Alliance
  1. Alekt Phoenix Linden - Western Jackdaw - White(human form) - Male - 17 years - Played by The Great Me!

"Murder" Crows Unallied/against to the "Old Ways"
  1. Akatsuki Karasu - Japanese Jungle Crow - Japanese(human) - Male - 19 years - played by 장 신 애
  2. Eliza Victoria - Common Raven - White(human) - Female - 17 years - Played by Iron Men And Saints
  3. Cade Krauss - American Crow - White(human) - Male - 24 years - Played by shuufly
Humans/Law Enforcerers:
  1. Lance Maverick - White - Male - 42 years - Played by The Great Me!
  2. Jackie Victoria - White - Female - 41 years - Played by Iron Men And Saints
  3. Ana Lillith Jackson - African American - Female - 30 years - Played by CrimsonMaiden

This is just the original discussion. Feel free to peruse if you like, this is more for reference and incase/when the old thread gets deleted.
Not completely sure yet where I want to go with this plot as far as a direction storyline. It could go in a lot of different ways so I kind of want to hear some opinions.
One option I came up with that we could do is perhaps there's also another crime group, as well as law enforcement, trying to uncover some recent mysterious murders that are happening with no trace as to who could have done it left behind, and uncover who the group known as Murder is.
Those characters within Murder are shapeshifters that change into crows and blend with normal birds, as well as communicate and are allied with normal crows. The only things that might distinguish the shapeshifters from other crows would be small things like eye color when in animal form. In human form they can have wings, but most of the time prefer to only be in a fully human or fully crow form. Even when in human form, they have some signs of their race such as some patches of feathers on the body somewhere, like perhaps the shoulders, chest, arms, neck, et cetera. though where they are can be different from one to another.
These shapeshifters are a typically tightly knit group that can communicate with each other in animal form just fine, though it would be in the crow's croaking/language rather than their own. They are much like a crime syndicate in what they do, but because of their race and abilities they have remained hidden and mostly unnoticed so far.
I'm thinking that, within the actual group Murder there could be changes and recent upheaval within the group and how they do things, or how inconspicuous they remain, with the newer generation versus old, which might be how they're gaining more attention as of late in the RP.
This would be more of a modern day setting.
So, any interest and plot ideas?

I'm in, I love it. I suggest the level of humanity the Murder people can appear in depends on level. Some can completely control their appearance and some can't yet.

They could be a group who work for a shady unknown boss without question. At least until...something.

Thanks, glad you like it ^^

Yeah, I'm thinking perhaps younger members(teens, young adults(like maybe 25 average and younger, at the very least)) show more signs of their race, such as the feathers on the body I mentioned earlier, as opposed to older members, such as their "Boss", can completely hide it.

Also, perhaps animals can sense them and react to their presence whereas people cannot tell/sense it? So, say, maybe a dog or cat might growl at and/or attack them, whereas a person wouldn't know why or that they are not human?(such as, like, how animals react to the kid in the movie, The Omen, even).

Yes, that's pretty cool. In fact, I love it. Let's say the higher ups are very no nonsense, no questions asked. While the youth are beginning to question their existence, beginning to become more human.

Hm...perhaps

Or maybe a bit restless and tired of the whole Cloak-and-Dagger, "Not allowed to be seen" thing, as their race is more secretive.

At the same time, as they start trying to develop this more open, public identity and perhaps even plot to eventually reveal themselves and their race, it could lead to a lot of problems given that their race is very...what would be considered "fantasy" or "mutant". Whether this would result in a lot of publicity and attention or a massive cover-up attempt in the RP, I guess we'd just have to find out and agree once more people join xD

Hello you two,

I am interested in the plot as well! Your ideas about the more advanced members being able to have more control makes complete sense and I back them up. Also, if there is a new member to this "murder", how will these mutant shape shifters be initiated? (I'm guessing they won't just be able to join unless they have family ties - if you're going for the mafia sort of feel) And when / if they are, should they receive a sort of mentor to get a hang of being this crow form / human form. Just a few questions / suggestions.

Would you want a few people to play the police / law enforcement and others being the Murder group?

Most of these shifters will already be within the group and be at least distantly related in some way, for the most part. Some more closely than others, like brother and sister, obviously, and others might be such distant cousins/whatever else that they may as well not be related, in terms of future kin and all that. Of course as with any group there are others elsewhere that are split from, what I guess you could say is the "Main family".

In actual nature, crows only nest in an area during breeding season, usually spring time up into summer, and autumn/fall/winter they move around, essentially "migrate" around looking for food and such, and will amass in flocks of tens of thousands(for unknown but many theorised reasons) in the evening and night. So it wouldn't be unfair to say that some of the "family"/species/race would be more aloof most of the time and perhaps only meet up on occasion in these times when crows in general flock together in high numbers like that, or some such things.

It is much like a mafia-type group and while unknown outsiders of the race might be less trusted or accepted in(such as if, say, ones that are not usually with the "main family" have children that most of the other shifters have not met before), for the most part the race as a whole would be pretty united. It is an actual race, not just humans with a mutation.

Typically youngers(fledglings) in crows would simply follow around olders and adolescents and learn from them. Though more of a formal arrangement rather than a simple follow-the-leader, the same could likely be said for the members of Murder, that they essentially tag along and are taught more or less "on the job" or "in the moment" of doing something.

Mind you, their nature as part crow too would more than likely be integrated into their personality and how they view things.
Things such as being opportunists that swoop in to try and take something for themselves/their own kind before something else can whenever possible, and being drawn towards death and corpses just naturally as would be regular crows as scavengers, the only real major change to this being that they would be causing death's more rather than just scavenging as an aftereffect.

And yes, it'd be great if people could play some of the characters on the side of the law(and other, secondary crime group, if we end up having one at all) though I'll try and fill any missing roles as need be if we can't get that many people to fill them. I already have one specific character in mind for the law enforcement side and likely two for Murder myself. Multiple characters are fine and even encouraged so long as you can keep up with them.

Again, it sounds great thus far! I'm fine with being either a crow or law enforcement agent - whatever role you need filled. I'll check up on this posting tomorrow, I'm going to bed but I look forward to seeing this grow. Do you have a start plot in mind or just character sheets and jumping into it?

Character sheets first off, probably much simpler ones than I usually implement for this one, then we can jump into it. I have a couple of vague ideas of where we can start, but I want to do a bit more plotting and brainstorm ping-ponging with this first before then so we can decide fully and agree on what we want to do and where we might want to go with this.

What if, for plot's sake, there is already a group of rebellious crows within the murder?
And the fledglings...perhaps it could be that a family within a murder is like a squad. A team of teacher-parents and subordinate offspring. Once the fledgling can fly or something like a test of strength...they are officially acknowledged functional murder members?

Just sharing! I'm looking forward to rp this!

Of course we'll have to plot more! I too am looking forward to this. The Great Me!, what are your ideas?

Also, will these crow humans be born as humans first or crows? It would make more sense for them to be human first and have these patches of feathers. I like the idea about the older members of the Murder being very set in their ways - perhaps they lived through a big event together and also have been working together since they were young - so when the younger members start wanting to do things their way (like running the Murder) there is a conflict between old and new. The elders of the group can always be referring to the big event so the younger generations just -don't- get why they're so scared of XYZ. Just an idea.

Lorchenne, I like the idea of the fledglings. So there is a chain of command within a Murder? Perhaps the different sizes of different crows makes a difference? Such as North American Crow, Slender or Large Billed Crow, Hooded Crow, Carrion Crow... etc (in the Corvus genus) Or will they just be one type of crow? We can also decide where we would like the setting to be (I'm guessing some city) and depending on that, there might be an abundance of one type of crow but have a few other species. Let's say a crow that's near another's vicinity and they happen to be overlapping. (does that make sense?) Like NYC having the chinese, italians, french ... etc all in one place.

Yes! That's kind of my point. The ol' Modern vs. Tried and tested.

And I'm thinking that their shady and mysterious boss is some kind of ancestor to them, but they don't know themselves who exactly he is. The grown ups have some kind of blind faith in him. Something like that?

Yeah, that is great! To have the grown ups have a blind faith and ask no questions. Since it's more likely for the younger generations to question and rally against the older "order" of doing things. Let's just see how The Great Me! likes that and I can't wait to start writing up a character sheet.

Me too, i'm positively hyped to play this! I want to continue brainstorming with Great too.

Haha, sorry guys, just woke up XD But I've never seen this much hype about one of my plots, you guys make me happy about this rofl

I do have the head honcho of Murder more or less decided/planned out. Generally in families of crows, its much like humans, where the parents and especially the "Father" would be the head(and now we're overlapping crows, humans, and mafia rankings all at once, oh I love it XD)

The secondary group I was referring to MAYBE having, if people want, would be a human crime group, not other off-branch Murder members. This is all condingent upon whether or not we or others want a seperate crime group though, and it would be more along the lines of them not liking that there are another supposed crime group running around, maybe even killing some of their members or "trespassing" on "their turf" that want to get down to what's going on and flush out Murder(as gangs are highly competative with each other and don't like others around stealing their thunder, so to speak).

As for the younger Murder members rebelling, we already see it reflected in current day, real life society, where older people are set to certain ways and traditions, and the younger/newer generations want to break away from that and do something different, and rebel against the older generation, especially with the turns that current day technologies and social changes have taken, so it makes perfect sense that, equally, those of Murder might feel the same.(my younger generation character I was going to play already has a rebellious streak in him too, so it works). I think we'll stick to the rebelling younger generation being that "secondary group" rather than a human gang unless someone has so much interest they simply CANNOT live without, for the sake of not overdoing it with too much complication and need for more characters/players, as RP's tend to die off the more people you need to run them.

Yes, Murder members will be born *mostly* human with bird-like traits, such as the feathers, though when that young I think it would be a bit more sense for their "feathers" to be more like down/fur, like that of a chick, rather than fully develped feathers.

Chain of command would most likely be decided by seniority, with maybe a little bit of variation by personality, skill, dominance/power. For the most part crows in a region would be the same but I would be fine if you guys wanted to mix it up with a little variation, though I think that if we start going into crows from specific regions, their human-form "race" should reflect that(ex: a Japanese "Jungle crow" might be Japanese in human form, or any genus of African crows might be "black"/african/african american, et cetera, as I think it would make more sense, given the need to blend with humans in human form, and this is supposed to be quite an old race, at least about as old as humans).

Yes, for the most part it will be a city/urban setting, though we can have others as well or move around a bit. As I said before, it will mostly be local types of crows, but a little variation of species is fine as well.

And I'm thinking they'll have a much older(possibly oldest living) Boss, and perhaps have their own diety. The widespread myths of the three legged crow(Yatagarasu in Japanese myth, Samjogo in Korean, Sanzuwu in Chinese, and unknown names but still depicted in Eqyptian wall murals and middle eastern/north african cultures of old) come to mind, but I'm open to other suggestions as well. We could also make up our own crow-based religion for them if we want to as well.

I agree that we can have these options: (depending on interest we can go through with them or not)
Law Enforcement
Murder (older)
Murder (younger)
Human (gang, mob, mafia... ?)

I also like the idea of their wings "growing" along with them so that when they're born it's not just like they have a full wingspan. The fur idea is good that grows to mature wings when they're all grown up. That'll also fuel the portion of them learning how to use their talents since they have to wait a certain age for their wings to be able to carry them / be used to their full potential.

As for the deity - that's a good idea too! I think creating a religion of our own will siphon better into the RP (personally) because we can tweak it any way we would like. Perhaps base it off of stories that are already out there / characters and revise it / tailor it to our needs ?

Yeah, I agree with all of those points c:

Sweet, I'm so happy things are turning out this well. But! Would you like to create our own or base it off of ____? I can really go for anything. If we make our own though, I am sure the principles have to do with crow nature / aspects. Perhaps it's a tome of the first crow-men and women and how the "species" came to be and the principles they uphold? Sacrifices or prayer.. etc?

I was thinking Murder is a race on its own that came from the likn between humans and....birds....but that doesn't make any sense, scientifically.

My suggestion for the human group is more like a business affiliate. Crime syndicates, however competitive is just as networked as legal business groups aren't they? And I believe that Murder aren't so keen to deal with human affairs, being evasive as they are, so they'd let their human affiliate most likely be in charge of financing Murder or something?

Ermahgerd I wanna sign up as an asian crow. Yey.

Well, I am going to wait until we decide what city these crows are going to be stationed in to decide what type of crow I'll be. (Not to crush your hopes of being the Asian Crow at all - go for it!)

And I like your ideas about the human group being the legal business or some sort of foot into the crime world.

I think whether we make our own or base it off of something, it's still going to cross over with actual myths by going with the crow's actual nature and such. Still thinking about what the religion would be about and it's stories and such though...
I think we should go by our own ideas rather than take off of anything that already exists, just because it allows more flexibility. Thoughts? Ideas on what we should do?

As for their origins...well we're going a bit in the way of modern fantasy. Perhaps their origins could be a variation of crow that, once upon a time, was more intelligent and could harness things such as magic and shapeshifting. Those that retained this higher intelligence and power kept living as this specific race, which often took on the form of human as it was simply more beneficial given the dominance of humans over other species, while those that didn't continued to breed into regular crows without this same level of intelligence and any magical power. Then this race that Murder is, simply by default began to develop the human form as a regular part of their race because they did it so often, and now having the two forms of bird and human is natural for them? Essentially just a kind of "evolution" with a little help from their magic, though this magic was restricted to changing form and not much else, or perhaps their race has lost and forgotten what other abilities they might've had in the past and only their shapeshifting survived?

" their race has lost and forgotten what other abilities they might've had in the past and only their shapeshifting survived?" is a great idea! Perhaps the boss is the only man who knows what other powers they harness and that's why people (the older gen.) give him blind authority because he is this great leader / powerful.

As for the religion - hm. Yeah, it makes sense that they would be their own mafia or killing gang because crows are adaptable and etc. I'm still not sure what the religion would be though - nothing coming to me now but I'm sure anything you guys think of will be fine.

I don't really have a solid take on what the religion would specify with either just yet, but I'll think on it and try to come up with someting solid =3

Can't wait for this to be fully fleshed out. Should the Murder have some kind of emblem?

They could, but I have no idea at the moment what it would be xD

I think having an emblem would be awesome! My guess is just look online for something and we can use it or upload something if one of you two are an artist (I am not)

How about this...?
crow_symbol_by_sappheiross-d4fa4wv.jpg

That looks absolutely awesome! My vote is for that one

Great! ^^ I think the only thing we need to come up with then to finalize it would be the religion aspect, and then I think we can begin.

Whoots! As for religion - would we want them revering some sort of "mighty crow" or perhaps the first peoples who perfected the art of being half crow and half human? As for the actual religion, will it be taken very seriously or just depend on the sort of person you are. Required service or prayer or can it just be thanking XYZ every time something good happens? Should there be a tome / any written manuscript or just passed down through word of tongue? A lighter religion or a rigorous one? (Just throwing out ideas to get us thinking)

I think they could revere the three legged crow as a great ancestor. It would be their deity too? It could be their origin. They're kind of like a cult I guess. A cult, gang, mafia family all in one. They'd be a really tight group. What do you think?

I agree but what principles would the religion teach? An example is the Torah, Bible, and Quran all teach XYZ or show it through stories on morals or a way of life. So I like the cult idea - should there be some sort of tome or just the "spirit of the three legged crow" sort of deal that show the way of life for our cult members or morality (perhaps immorality since they're a gang / mafia deal) ?

Perhaps "morality" and maybe their general perception of life?

If they're going to be the gang / mafia - wouldn't they -not- want to give any shits about right and wrong? Or would it be a twisted sort of morality where killing is good (an example)

I think a certain kind of killing is good to them. Like some kind of mission...? After all, they have blind faith on the boss, they're bound to do or believe whatever he says.

Ok! Let's see what The Great Me! thinks but I am fine with that

I love that emblem. How about a motto too?

Hm, a motto... I'll just throw some things that come off of the top of my head. Long day so these might be terrible:

"Let the world not fool you with its deceit. The only true rational comes from (Insert name of the three legged crow)."
"Without the Murder, you're six feet under."
"Only when blood has been properly spilt will your spirit ignite."
"The dynamics of the world only has one true cure: Our Murder."
"An onslaught of our own to numb the pain of our people."

I vote this one!

I like that one as well. Though I'm more fond of:

Hm...well the three-legged crow is typically seen as an Envoy of the Heavens as an intervention into human affairs.
Their obligatory "intervention" based upon their religion and beliefs could involve the fact that they murder people, perhaps who they see as needing to be snuffed out for one reason or another? As a general group mindset, Murder already looks down on humans as a despicable race, moreso in current day than they used to.

So more or less their basic goal would be to weed out corruption through the killing off certain people, and just generally under the belief that they're much like the three-legged Crow God in their "interventions". Basically, believing that all of their work is that of a higher power.

Younger members might feel differently though, and might perhaps see through that whole thing of "doing the will of the Gods" as false or a misled notion?
Not necessarily being against killing and death mind you, but not doing it for the same reasons or following the religion like the older generations, but perhaps more for their own enjoyment and the like that's bred into them from many generations past?

You mean the youth is more corrupted than their predecessors? Killing for personal gain and the like?

Damn, I love Modern Fantasy/Urban Fantasy but I play human magic users mainly, so sucks to be me - though I am quite delighted to see the direction this roleplay is going. Keep up the good work, guys!

Oh, and a suggestion for their tagline is maybe ... No tagline at all? Let their "tagline" be the rumours of their deeds everyone talks about in hushed whispers, even when alone, or simply the cawing of a murder of crows.

Seems a lot more intimidating and fitting for such a group if you got people jumpy every time they hear a crow. ;)

I really wanted a "may the force be with you" kind of thing among the murder though. Eheheh

Alright, lets see:

"Let the black wings fly."
"Our ancestors shall be proud."
"Shadows cover us, always."
"Murder: breathes finer than air."

Just some examples

I like the flight and shadows related ones.

Alright, just waiting on The Great Me! 's input and hopefully we can get this bad boy started!

I know right? I'm preparing my character. I hope this goes well!

By god, I hope it's not too late to jump in and say that this idea sounds brilliant. Please, take all my creativity and use it for this role-play, this seems too good to pass up!

On an interesting note of plotting. Feel free to use this as you see fit, but i'm in love with the idea of Old generation crossing beliefs with New generations. The little manipulative bastard in me sees a whole bunch load of ways to [backstab]make the internal diplomacy of "Murder" full of intrigue! Of course, i'd have to stay tight-lipped about my ideas; don't want to spoil any suprises now.
[Evil laugh]

Yey! It's not too late. Vacyr and I are simply waiting for TheGreatMe! to work up something :DD

Praise be to the crow god, I thought I was too late. I wish I would have joined Iwaku earlier so I could have been a part of the think team. But, there's always later.

Yeah, sorry guys! XD I've been reading through everything, just haven't replied yet. I have a lot going through my mind that I'm trying to organize for this(and of course some other things have been keeping me busy).

But yes, N.Fontaine, you're not too late to join! Welcome~

You can still share your other ideas, you know. I don't think the brainstorming is over with.

What Lorchenne said. If you have any ideas, feel free to share them!
Nothing is set in stone yet x3

Awesome! This is so exciting, I haven't been able to be in a good old fashioned Murder before!

Welcome N.Fontaine! As stated before - feel free to share any ideas that come to mind and it's good to have another one join up!

This sounds really awesome. *0* I love all the ideas you all have come up with. :D Would it not be too late for me to join? :> I have an idea for a character that I really want to do.

I was thinking of playing an albino character because I think it would be interesting. :3 Being albino would probably be very disadvantageous to them since they would stand out a lot, which would make blending into the shadows nearly impossible. I'm not sure how they would be treated by other members of the Murder though. It could partially depend on their religion.

Yes, you're free to join ^^

And an albino character would be fine, if you really want to :3 Not sure how they would be treated, just yet, I'm gathering up all the info on what we've talked about and working on getting the OOC up for the official RP

images
*Name: "Father" is simply what the rest of the race calls him. He is the leader of the entirety of Murder

*Race: Murder Crow - Hooded Crow

*Age: Not quite sure, but he is known to be the oldest current active member of Murder. In human form he appears to be around the age of 60 or so, but still very physically capable. Most have never seen his human form, however, and only know about it and his appeared age through hearing from other high ranking senior or elder Murder members that have witnessed his human form

*Appearance: A large crow and obviously older crow, with a mostly white body and dark head, wings, and tail, typical of a Hooded Crow. His "Black" feathers are beginning to fade in color and appear more silver than black now, however, a sign of his age. Most do not know his human form.
*Eye Color: Amber

*Personality: A very old-fashioned, domineering character with no patience for nonsense or insuboordination. He wants everything followed to perfection, and is not afraid to put another in their place if they do not do their duty "for the family". He rarely appears to any lower ranking members, and only briefly to issue orders and tasks to be carried out.

*History: There is a lot of stories and speculations, but it's difficult to tell what is true. It's certain that he is the oldst of all current, active living members of Murder, and that is why he is leader. Whether he is the strongest however is another matter that many youngers question, especially those betting that he will likely soon die of old age, or even be overthrown. There are many rumors and horror stories that say he still holds knowledge of the Old abilities and arts lost to the rest of their kind, that he uses them on traitors and insuboordinates that have strayed from the beliefs, but many of the younger members have yet to see any such things and speculate that this is only rumors and little-kid scare tactics to make everyone follow his will out of fear, despite insistence from older members and high-rank seniors.

38983492.jpg
*Name: Alekt Phoenix Linden

*Race: Murder Crow - Western Jackdaw - Scandinavian(northern European) in Human Form

*Appearance: Typical appearance of a Jackdaw in bird form. Black feathers with slightly faded neck-feathers that are greyish in coloration.
In human form, average height male, but lean and only slightly muscled. Short cropped brown hair with highlighted platinum tipped bangs, generally dreses in mostly blacks and deep reds.

*Eye Color: Blue

*Personality: A little bit introverted, he likes to observe and listen more than he likes to speak. Most olders consider him a pretty decent and well-taught fledgling, but inwardly he does have a bit of a rebellious streak. He's sort of "on the fence" between whether he believes in the old ways or the new. To put it simply, he's a little undecided, but it would be a lie to say he isn't leaning more towards the views of the other new generation. He just doesn't openly show it very much, being very reserved in personality. He's good at hiding his own thoughts and feelings, meanwhile good at reading others.

*History: A typical member of Murder, and seemingly more reserved and obedient than most of the other younger generation. Even amongst his own kind, he has a knack for going unnoticed when he doesn't want to be, and making his presence known when he does want others to see him or pay attention. This, along with the fact that he is well spoken for his age, earned him more respect from the senior members than most of the other newer generation, and less suspect to being one who would participate in the suspected rebellion. Most see him on the side of the olders, but at the moment he's really just playing by ear and seeing how things pan out, so where his true loyalties lie is uncertain. He could end up joining either side if it does come to a rebellion or power struggle between either sides.

stock-footage-portrait-of-middle-aged-man-relaxing-against-tree.jpg
*Name: Lance Maverick

*Race: Human

*Appearance: Slightly taller, white male. His hair's already turned grey, some say because of the stress of his job. Usually he's got a stubble mustache and beard and a serious, impossible-to-read expression to his face. He's somewhat muscular from regularly working out, still in shape, but he's started to slow down a little bit, definately not in his prime anymore.

*Eye Color: Blue/Grey

*Personality: A serious, no-nonsense man who's always clipped, short-winded, and to-the-point. He doesn't mince words and is hardened from his many long years as a detective into brutal cases of things such as homicide. As such, he seems to almost carelessly get over scenes of brutality and blood, and remains sharp and focused even under very strained and dire circumstances. He's a hard one to fool and definately one of the best at what he does in profession, but difficult to get to know and connect with as a result, and more than a little paranoid of his surroundings or possible suspects.

*History: Always being a little shrewd in personality, he showed a great interest in working as a law enforcer for the safety of the public, and couldn't stand people who got away with committing heinous acts. Eventually this led to him becoming a devoted and quite skilled detective, trying to uncover the details of brutal homicides, rapes, and other such crimes over the years. Recently he, among with many others, have noticed the drastic increase in murders in the last few years, left with the word Murder around or on the corpses, but is highly fustrated adn determined to uncover the enigmatic circumstances surrounding the murders, which he has yet to determine who could have done them, but is certain they are caused by a traceable individual(s).

• Love
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Just a suggestion, human form images. That's how they are most of the time, right?

About half the time or so. You can post up images of their human forms too, I just didn't have any particular ones for mine xD I'll probably edit mine to add them later though.

Oh and how about putting our chain of discussion in labeled spoiler tags so it won't trail too long?

I'll put a character up in a minute or so.

whitecrow2.jpg

*Name: Luna Lycoris Ashborne(I'll get a picture for her human appearance later)

*Race: Crow(American Crow)

*Appearance: Luna is an albino so she has extremely pale skin and hair, basically white, and hair being thick, smooth, very straight and just slightly over shoulder length (usually being kept up in a tight ponytail). She is a little short, small chested, and has a lean build, with fairly well developed muscles for a girl, primarily leg muscles. Face type is triangular, her eyes large with long lashes, brows quite thin, her nose fairly thin and slightly down-turned, and her lips looking to have a bit of a pout to them due to her having a large lower lip compared to her upper one. Her attire typically consists of nearly all black. She especially likes to wear hooded sweaters and jackets and long sleeved clothing to hide her bright white hair and skin. However, she also has to stay covered if she goes out during the day since it takes very little sunlight for her to burn, which is why she prefers to stay up at night.

*Eye Color: Pale blue

*Personality: Luna is quite obedient, as well as very determined and hardworking. She doesn't want to be a burden to "the family", and in order to do so she had to work extra hard. Also, since her appearance is so abnormal she finds it difficult to fit in both with the crows and the humans. Due to this, she is always trying to prove her worth to others, and she is fiercely loyal to those who show her kindness and respect, or to those who she would like to receive it from. However, her blind loyalty can be dangerous. Nearly everything she does is to please others, and not necessarily because she believes in it herself. She will do just about anything if it will make her people treat her better.

To others, Luna appears to be quite friendly, but she is still a little awkward, and evidently self-conscious from the way she tries to hide her body. She seems to have an optimistic attitude for the most part, or at least hopeful. When working though, she acts very serious, and has more of a no-nonsense attitude. Her work is extremely important to her.

*History: When Luna was a young child she was quite sheltered. Her mother believed that she would only be a burden to the family due to her appearance since it would draw too much attention, which was something the crows did not want at all. Her father as well did not think she would be of much use to the crows, but he also believed that every crow should contribute and work to help the family, so he pressured her to train hard when she grew a bit older, close to her teens. In her younger years though, she really had no friends.

During her early teens, her parents started to introduce her to the rest of the Murder and how their society worked. She found it very difficult to fit in. People nearly always stared. She became very self-conscious, and hated her appearance. She felt like an outcast, so in order to feel valued she tried to become better athletically and mentally. However, many crows still doubted her capabilities, so she took upon even more rigorous training. Eventually, this started to pay-off for her. The elders started to believe that she wouldn't be a complete failure, and her blind loyalty could be useful.

Luna's loyalty lies with the Elders, but she may change her ways if someone wins her over.

Oh and how about putting our chain of discussion in labeled spoiler tags so it won't trail too long?
Yeah, good idea XD I did that now

[MENTION=1750]Dream Spirit[/MENTION]: Looks good :) Approved

320px-Raven_scavenging_on_a_dead_shark.jpg
5aeb94ff-1eb6-4ad3-ab47-b9beda0c9ebe.jpg
*Name: Akatsuki Karasu [鴉暁]
*Race: Corvus macrorhynchos japonesis [Japanese Jungle Crow]
*Appearance: as in image, black hair, likes to dress in trend, lean but muscular, tall
*Eye Color: grey
*Personality: a bit of a ladiesman, tends to be quite overconfident, sarcastic, likes to have a good time, spontaneous
*History: Inside Murder, he is the son of the Japanese Murder ambassador. He is almost an adult, so he is under training and testing until his coming of age. However, he's just about had it with the rules and traditions of the Elders and has pretty much established his own beliefs and philosophies. He is very intelligent and quick thinking, but he can be quite a bit egotistical. His leadership skills combines with his radical views and he and his father often get into fights about this although his father keeps that a secret. He is being closely watched by the Japanese Murder as one of the suspects for the killings. Able to retain his human form for a maximum of eight hours, he likes to socialize with humans. However, part of his tasks is to serve as a spy in human society when needed.

Looks good Lorchene, approved!

Sorry for my absence the last couple of days, I've been having virus troubles but I think it's fixed now.

That's alright. :) It's good you got that virus sorted out anyways. ^_^

Yeah, it is ^^

Also, I put up my third character profile for my detective character x3

Hopefully we can get at least a couple more people and start soon :D

I'm sorry too, I got sick too. D: Can't wait to start!

Sooo... Anyone else want to join? :< We need more people I think.

I know, right? How do we reach more people anyway?

Hi guys! You can advertise your RP here: RP Ad Rotation Form

You can provide a banner or we can make one for you and your RP should periodically be visible up on top. Have fun and good luck finding more players!

Oh my gosh we should totally do that. I hope the rest of you guys are still around.

Sorry for the inactivity guys, but I made a banner for the ad rotation to hopefully gain more members and start off this shindig XD

Status
Not open for further replies.