Spooky's Halloween Party [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
kU3rXY6.png

Kana stared. Was that... who she thought it was? "M- Mirei?!" Her jaw dropped at the sight of the girl. She hadn't- was the dragon-girl dreaming? Releasing Keaton, she raised her hands to her cheek, slapping them quickly. Wincing at the pain and with her cheeks flushing and tingling numb, she opened her eyes again to still see the girl with the eyepatch standing right in front of her. Squealing with joy, it was Mirei's turn to have Kana jump at for a hug. "What... how? she said, gobsmacked. "Are we back in Rapture again?" Kana suddenly tensed, expecting something to jump out at any moment.

The general atmosphere of the party seemed to contradict her thoughts, though.

How could she so casually walk up to them with such a straight face?​

SLApFcp.png

It was then she noticed the girl standing beside Mirei donned in a beautiful blue dress. "Hi!" she cheerfully said. Any friend of Mirei was a friend to Kana!"I'm Kana! I'm.. uhm, Mirei's friend from Valla!"

It seemed people all around her were starting to recognize the other partygoers, but she never would have expected what she saw when she turned her head to see who had called out a name she had seen before...

vhEHsqa.png
"It's a mini-'man who smells like the countryside and a bit like goat's milk'!" she exclaimed. "Don't you remember when he came once, Keaton? I think his name was... was Chrome. Or Corn. Or Chrom..."

@york @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Hana[/COLOR]

Eny9Ajp.jpg

"Ooh...Hehehe.."

Seeing so many people get together on a joyous occasion like this! It almost warmed whatever constituted as a heart for a being like Sam.

But while he was eager to cause some mischief, perhaps mingling would be a fun activity as well. Gripping tightly onto the mysterious bag he carried around with him, Sam dragged it along the floor as he approached Kana's group. His features obscured by his mask, the only noise they would get out of him was a giggle as he continued to approach.

"Heh..."

@Sen @Crimson Spartan @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi

Lc3QJcS.png

(White shirt supposed to be red but FE doesn't like editing portraits when you class change : / )

"Kana!... Huh just like last time... Only with a letter this time..." Keaton spoke having not gotten a good look at the area as he focused on Kana.

"...Huh...What do you mean by 'new' little miss dragon...?" Asugi spoke in a nonchalant voice. He seemed relaxed as usual despite the situation they were in..

"Ah cool... Even Mirei's here!" Keaton happily spoke as his tail had begun wagging.....which seemed to annoy the Wolfessenger.

"Asugi, and not to be a downer....but I think i'm missing something here....aside from my weapons..." Asugi spoke up giving Mirei his name while voicing his concern at something being wrong.

Then he turned his attention to Layla. "Yeah, i'm a ninja... What of it..?" he spoke in his usual relaxed voice giving a neutral look to those seemingly soulless eyes.

"Pardon...? I'm Asugi....not Gaius,,," Asugi spoke to Morgan seeming similar to Gaius in personality....but appear choices were a different story...

"That was your father..? Huh come to think of it I remember little about that time... I think he had some kind of horse rider and some little girl with him.." Keaton commented trying to recall the event in his head.

@Takumi @Sen @Chewy Rabbits @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Ringmaster @Bomb

e1kzbaF.webp

"This place looks a little too cheery to be Rapture," Mirei comments as she looks around. "It has to be a different place. That or someone got a really huge construction plan. I'd wish we could meet under better circumstances, but..."

Just then, the sack-like Sam approaches them. To Mirei... it was pretty frightening.

AuEMedf.webp

"HYAAA! SAVE ME!" Mirei was most intimidated by the child-sized sentient sack as she clung onto Kana.

zE8wGMv.webp

"Ninja, amazing!" That was all Layla could say. "What does ninja do?"

Layla proceeds to prod Sam's head with her finger, unintimidated by the spirit's appearance.

"And what this?"

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Chewy Rabbits

"I wouldn't mind that one bit." Morgan replied, his attention having been taken from Crona for the time being.

Morgan blinked and turned his head at the sound of someone saying the name he heard many times from his mother's mouth lovingly.

"Chrom....you've met my Father?" Morgan asked with a slight tilt of his head. And what was that about a countryside and goat's milk?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Sen @Bomb @york @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @Anybody
Lc3QJcS.png

(White shirt supposed to be red but FE doesn't like editing portraits when you class change : / )

"Kana!... Huh just like last time... Only with a letter this time..." Keaton spoke having not gotten a good look at the area as he focused on Kana.

"...Huh...What do you mean by 'new' little miss dragon...?" Asugi spoke in a nonchalant voice. He seemed relaxed as usual despite the situation they were in..

"Ah cool... Even Mirei's here!" Keaton happily spoke as his tail had begun wagging.....which seemed to annoy the Wolfessenger.

"Asugi, and not to be a downer....but I think i'm missing something here....aside from my weapons..." Asugi spoke up giving Mirei his name while voicing his concern at something being wrong.

Then he turned his attention to Layla. "Yeah, i'm a ninja... What of it..?" he spoke in his usual relaxed voice giving a neutral look to those seemingly soulless eyes.

"Pardon...? I'm Asugi....not Gaius,,," Asugi spoke to Morgan seeming similar to Gaius in personality....but appear choices were a different story...

"That was your father..? Huh come to think of it I remember little about that time... I think he had some kind of horse rider and some little girl with him.." Keaton commented trying to recall the event in his head.

"Asugi. Got it. You look awfully like someone I know, my apologies." Morgan corrected before glancing to Keaton. The way the look alike acted alone reminded him a lot of Gaius. It was almost unsettling.

"A horse rider and little girl?" Morgan questioned. One horse rider he knew of that accompanied Chrom almost anywhere was--

"Frederick could of most likely been the horse rider as he is Father's guard. Though the little girl..." he muttered thoughtfully as he cupped his chin.

"Did she happen to be a blonde with pigtails?" he asked.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Sen @Bomb @york @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @Anybody I missed
tumblr_inline_nol707c5SR1re9spw_540.png

"Well hello to you all." K-sha spoke. Looks like they were all close friends.

"So, what do you think is going to happen here? Something feels off."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Sen @Bomb @york @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @Crimson Spartan

"...Um...Its all cool?"

Behold the power of Agent Kennedy's loquacious vocabulary for awkward answers. Deciding this was just getting weird now(discounting the masked man's creepy gaze- And was that a captain Kirk mask?!), he cleared his throat and finally opted for familiar ground.

Work.

"I was going to check out the balcony. Also, anyone else you recognize around here?"

Vector

"The lady with the crossbow. She eluded us as well.....So how's life?" He asked. Somewhat pleased Leon hadn't tried to kick his ass.

And that he wasn't the only one who was awkward at talking with former targets/would be murderers.

"Before you ask, I no longer work for Umbrella. Afterall, they left me and the team I was apart of.....They did try to convince us to hunt you down. But, after some fighting within the team, and the deaths of my former comrades. Their offer was rejected..." His tone was cold. As, he wasn't completely attached to the formerly alive Delta team members.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
With a brow quirked and her lips curled into a grin, she dug her hand around inside a pouch strapped to her belt and pulled out a small ball, covered in lustrous violet dust, "Hmm~...you like to play with fire?" the witch asked rhetorically, before crushing the ball between her palms and holding them open just in front of her mouth, "Watch this," she continued, and took a deep breath out of her pouted lips to blow all the dust into the air. Almost an instant after the material left her hands completely, it combusted, and made it look like she was breathing fire.

Pyro

Upon seeing this lady seemingly breathe fire. Pyro clapped his gloved hands together, jumping up and down. Making happy noises.

It almost seemed the individual was insane, or at the very least. He was childlike.

"Mmmpf mmpf mmprf?" It seemed like he was asking a question. Perhaps he was asking how did she breathe fire without a visible source of fuel.

@Ringmaster @Archmage Jeremiah

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Archmage Jeremiah
"I wouldn't mind that one bit." Morgan replied, his attention having been taken from Crona for the time being.

Morgan blinked and turned his head at the sound of someone saying the name he heard many times from his mother's mouth lovingly.

"Chrom....you've met my Father?" Morgan asked with a slight tilt of his head. And what was that about a countryside and goat's milk?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Sen @Bomb @york @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @Anybody
Lc3QJcS.png

e1kzbaF.webp

"This place looks a little too cheery to be Rapture," Mirei comments as she looks around. "It has to be a different place. That or someone got a really huge construction plan. I'd wish we could meet under better circumstances, but..."

Just then, the sack-like Sam approaches them. To Mirei... it was pretty frightening.

AuEMedf.webp

"HYAAA! SAVE ME!" Mirei was most intimidated by the child-sized sentient sack as she clung onto Kana.

zE8wGMv.webp

Layla proceeds to prod Sam's head with her finger, unintimidated by the spirit's appearance.

"And what this?"

tumblr_inline_nol707c5SR1re9spw_540.png

"Well hello to you all." K-sha spoke. Looks like they were all close friends.

"So, what do you think is going to happen here? Something feels off."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Sen @Bomb @york @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @Crimson Spartan

ZmHRlGX.png

Kana shook her heard at the mini-Chrom. "Nope, I've only seen him from afar! Leo was talking about him..." she murmured. The bookworm had been quite intrigued with the battle strategies of the foreigners that had somehow made it to Valla, so he had been gushing about it for weeks - even to Kana, who knew nothing about strategies. She listened to the orders of others and attacked in battle, that was all. "I'm Kana! What's your name?"

kU3rXY6.png

"But uhm... this place is kind of weird. It doesn't smell as bad... that's a good thing." She scratched her head. "Asugi, you weren't there~ We went to this stinky place called Rapture, so I thought it would be the same here but... there's actually yummy food. And people... and a ghosty."

WuqSo1b.png

"I didn't know ghosties existed..."

At the approach of Sam, however, the dragon-girl's face seemed to be drained of color. She screamed as well, hugging Mirei even tighter, the two girls backing away slightly. "A- Another ghosty! K-Kyaaah!"

She attempted to reach for her sword, only to remembered it had been taken away. Asugi had also realized that his weapons were gone as well, and was beginning to voice his concerns.

@york @Crimson Spartan @Bomb @Chewy Rabbits @Hana @Ringmaster

ZmHRlGX.png

Kana shook her heard at the mini-Chrom. "Nope, I've only seen him from afar! Leo was talking about him..." she murmured. The bookworm had been quite intrigued with the battle strategies of the foreigners that had somehow made it to Valla, so he had been gushing about it for weeks - even to Kana, who knew nothing about strategies. She listened to the orders of others and attacked in battle, that was all. "I'm Kana! What's your name?"

kU3rXY6.png

"But uhm... this place is kind of weird. It doesn't smell as bad... that's a good thing." She scratched her head. "Asugi, you weren't there~ We went to this stinky place called Rapture, so I thought it would be the same here but... there's actually yummy food. And people... and a ghosty."

WuqSo1b.png

At the approach of Sam, however, the dragon-girl's face seemed to be drained of color. She screamed as well, hugging Mirei even tighter, the two girls backing away slightly. "A- Another ghosty! K-Kyaaah!"

She attempted to reach for her sword, only to remembered it had been taken away. Asugi had also realized that his weapons were gone as well, and was beginning to voice his concerns.

tumblr_inline_nol6xxafHb1re9spw_540.png

"Huh? An enemy?" K-Sha reacted as Kana screaming. K-Sha pulled out her barretts...

Or so she thought as she found out she was ill-equipped with nothing.

"Huh? What happened to my firearms?" K-Sha checked everywhere on her body, but couldn't find any one of her guns.

"Excuse me, but I might have lost my weapons. Please wait as I go find them." K-Sha said to the others, remaining calm, then dashing off in pursuit for the missing firearms.

@york @Crimson Spartan @Chewy Rabbits @Hana @Ringmaster @Sen

"Not my idea." He grumbled aloud, eyes flicking to her lips in that mocking smile. Curse that poise and curse that he had to see her now, of all times. In a setting, he had never, ever expected.

A party. But some part of him had always remained a policeman and he reached to his pocket to check- Ah. His military knife.

Gone. Of course.

And keeping his back to the table, he looked on at the others. Ada he recognized....Vector looked somewhat familiar, though not to him personally. There was a rather attractive witch floating around, some kind of military uniform, a masked man with a kid on his shoulders.

For some sinking reason, he had an idea that a lot of these weren't costumes.

Which was why, he finished his sandwich, brushed off the crumbs and headed off to the balcony section.

Maybe a better view would be nicer-!

"Sir, would you care for some shrimp?"

What? Leon blinked, at what looked like a blond teenager in a maids outfit, holding up a tray.

latest

"Umm....No thank you."

And Leon side-stepped, moving for the balcony as the girl watched him leave. With a shrug, she moved to approach Nikkari and Richter, holding up the tray.

"Shrimp, sirs?"

Meanwhile, gliding among the guests in a butlers outfit, another server would be making his rounds with glasses of sparkling cider.

tumblr_inline_ncdpb2nl5j1qlr65v.jpg

@Michale CS @Sen @The Wanderer @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Minerva @Chewy Rabbits @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @Verite @york @Everyone​
"Of course it wasn't." Ada snickered. She watched as Leon wandered off to the balcony, shrugged, and then turned back around. She poured herself even more punch, and then grabbed a cupcake from a tray.

@Refreshments @Anybody

Pyro

Upon seeing this lady seemingly breathe fire. Pyro clapped his gloved hands together, jumping up and down. Making happy noises.

It almost seemed the individual was insane, or at the very least. He was childlike.

"Mmmpf mmpf mmprf?" It seemed like he was asking a question. Perhaps he was asking how did she breathe fire without a visible source of fuel.
Angela grew a more genuine smile after the Pyro applauded and cheered, and even giggled along with him. She nary saw them as insane for enjoying a harmless little fire breathing act. Their form of greeting; a lit match; did raise some red flags however, but she refused to use such negative language towards such people.

She preferred the term 'misunderstood'.

They did raise a good question though, but not one she was willing to answer without some give and take, "How did I do it? I'd be willing to show you," her smile and tone of voice turned coy, "if I could know your name.~"

@The Wanderer @Refreshments Table​

56au6T5.jpg

"And so I always thought that the moon was my silent witness through all my trials and my grievances. So she should be also the one to watch my unending wait for him... Dont you agree?"

nimbus-mono.regular.png

+
nimbus-mono.regular.png

"... Oh, what's this?" The sea was as calm as it always was nowadays, the waves a gentle ripple across the surface that was always lovingly shone down upon by the silver-white moon. Wadanohara had just returned from her usual spot up above, the white ocarina that was her most precious object these days securely hidden within her clothes. It was a calm and lonely walk back to her house within the sea village, only the occasional fish or mermaid greeting the kingdom's greatest witch and magic user since Lord Meikai.

Ever since what had happened, everyone had agreed that the usually more cheerful witch had suddenly retreated inside herself. She still smiled kindly upon anyone who needed her help, and even let herself be dragged out of her house by her familiars. Her familiars had become a common sight around the village now, running tasks for the witch who had buried herself into books and grimoires, strange lights always dancing within the house. After she had finished mourning her losses, it turned out Wadanohara had thrown herself into just studying her magic.

It wasn't a bad thing. Every year they could tell that the girl who used to rely so much on the help of others had grown stronger, her power inherited from Meikai finally showing its true colors. Where once she could only sport a talent in defending herself with water magic she could now summon water that could turn as sharp as ice with only a thought, or use it as extra limbs surrounding her. She could tell the weather months from now with a look into a basin of water, influence it to a degree and cause storms over any enemies that dared strike at the Sea Kingdom. She was the great protector now.

But all the same, everyone missed the girl Wadanohara had been...

And she did know that. She made an effort, but it was always so challenging to muster up the effort to smile as she used to so long ago.

Only the moon and her memories of him had let her carry through for so long, as well as the love and support her familiars had and would unceasingly give her.

Tonight, she had ushered the three out to attend a party in the Sea God's castle, where there would be lots of drinks and food to go around for the entirety of the kingdom. Dolphi and Memoca were grown ladies now and wouldn't they enjoy themselves if they attended those things more? Fukami had grown into a fine young man, but he had always been one even when he was younger to Wadanohara. After helping them with their clothes and wishing them well at the door of her home, Wadanohara had come out to the surface again.

She wondered who had gotten inside her house to give this strange slip of paper, that as she touched she immediately felt the shiver of magic run through her. Intrigued, since this didn't seem malicious just yet, the witch read what was written and immediately frowned. The last party she had already turned down today, but who was this Spooky? And why did this entity think she could force a witch to read?

When she had looked up finally from the invitation, her surroundings were entirely different. This brought Wadanohara a strange sense of deja-vu, memories from centuries ago coming to the forefront of her mind. "I wasn't looking for an adventure, but it seems..." Her eyes darkened. "Someone took my staff from me." Making up her mind, she ignored the pretty surroundings and looked instead for people to seek information from. They looked just as confused or unfamiliar with this as she was.

@Sen @Crimson Spartan @Crow @york @Chewy Rabbits @etcetc...​

Perhaps one thing could be said about Yuki was her predictability in certain situations. She crossed her arms, staring at Miki with an attempt at looking haughty, her face flushed at the familiar sight of her friend holding out a tiny snack. She was the older one here, and yet the pink-haired girl found herself unable to relent in carrying out the familiar ritual between them. However, Yuki wanted to be a bit naughty after all, so when she leaned forward to take the snack, she jerked forward enough to bite both the snack and the tip of Miki's finger.

m4TA09p.png

She held that position, staring into her friend's eyes with a grin until Miki was forced to be the one to pull away. Yuki stuck out her tongue once she'd swallowed the snack. "Mii-kun, come on, if we stay here too long, we'll be beaten in the test of courage!" While it would have been in Yuki's usual nature to hang out by the refreshments for most of the evening, she felt a burning desire to complete the test she had perceived to be before her. It was supposed to be a night for a bit of scary fun, and Yuki was determined to impress her friends.

"Here, let's stuff my backpack with snacks so that we'll have food along the way!" The girl took off her pack, zipped it open, and held it out for Miki to drop food into. "Oh... you think Taromaru is here too? Of course, he wouldn't want to be anywhere where you are, Mii-kun..." Yuki sighed deeply and closed her eyes. "Taromaruuuu... where are you...?"

@Verite

• Love
Reactions: Jeremi
"That's a really free-spirited way to run a party, huh?"

Koto looked at the yellowed piece of paper, turning it upside-down, sideways, and all around as she tried to discover some sort of hidden message inside it or something. After all, "Until I say so" was a pretty unspecific time for a party to end. Could it just never end, if she wanted it to be that way? That could be pretty fun.

Lowering the invitation and looking towards her two companions, a pair of young boys, the red-eyed girl grinned.

"A! Un! This sounds pretty fun, don't ya guys think?"

"Suuuure." The two replied with an elongated word, though it wasn't in a sarcastic manner so much as an apathetic one. But despite their tone, grins similar to Koto's own could be seen on their faces. The two transformed completely, one turning into a blue light while the other turned into a red light. Circling around Koto, they began to lift her into the air, the girl ascending towards the sky.

And when her feet finally hit solid ground, she crashed into the party like a meteorite. A very small meteorite. Shrugging it off, Koto quickly got on her feet and took a gander at the party's set-up. What immediately caught her eye were the refreshments, which she immediately scurried over to, now accompanied by two floating spirits colored red and blue.

Stuffing her face with a few cupcakes and carrying yet another in her hand, she decided to walk over to some of the nearby people to see what was going on.

kyousougiga-01.jpg

"You lost your staff? You should probably try to find that then, right?"

Though she suddenly realized she didn't have her hammer on her, for now she decided to pay it little mind. Maybe she'd just accidentally left it at Myoue's place, or something.

@Sen @Crimson Spartan @Crow @york @Chewy Rabbits @Hana

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
"..."

Michael's chest continued to heave up and down with the heavy breathes he took. Each one escaping through his mask and right into Wilson's face. The serial killer imagined that were he in Wilson's shoes, he'd want to note something about this himself. But Michael couldn't quite care enough himself to document too much about whatever went on here. That entity that posed as a child is what garnered Michael's true interest. But where did it say he couldn't put a little fear into others while looking for his knife? Everyone was entitled to one good scare after all.

As Wilson put his hand out, Michael continued to stare straight down at him. Almost as if he were ignoring the gesture entirely. But thankfully for Wilson, Michael's hand slowly reached out to grasp Wilson's own. In doing so Wilson would have noticed the deep burn scars running along Michael's hand. No doubt a result of his fateful encounter with Dr. Loomis in the Haddonfield Hospital.

kSKCTha.jpg

Gripping Wilson's hand in his own, Michael made no moves to shake it as he pondered Wilson's query. He'd paid so very little attention to the ghost's words. Which meant Michael didn't have much of a clue so far as naming this place went. He might have had an easier time remembering if he cared more but unfortunately he didn't...

wF32Ii1.png

The enormous man held Wilson's hand in a tight grasp as he continued to stare down upon him, heaving uncomfortably warm puffs of breath directly onto Wilson's face. It seemed the man had no ability to speak ... but his returning of the hand shake suggested he understood some basic etiquette, at least.

"Well. Very nice," Wilson finally stated, realizing the thing was not going to answer his question. In fact, he looked lost in thought. What sort of intriguing mind lay behind that mask, Wilson itched to understand, but he was not going to get it out of speech. No matter! That sort of thing didn't discourage him. He tugged his hand back out from the man's grip and edged his journal back out. "One moment, please," he said before turning around to face the other way.

Heavy breathing, he scrawled. Burnt hand. Then at the top: his name. His name?

Wilson glanced back behind him to see the man still towering over him. He glanced back to his journal. He wasn't going to get a name out of that thing, surely. Tall Man? Sort of ... predictable. Monster? Under-the-bed monster? What was the name of that story, again? Bogeyman. Obviously.

It was only his own notes, he could come up with something a little less... naive ... when presenting a thesis paper back home, but for now, Wilson would call his new subject - friend - the Bogeyman. It fit his facade, unfortunately, but his demeanor seemed gentle enough. Perhaps he was just misunderstood. Insecure, maybe, and wanted to hide his real face. Absolutely fascinating, and the idea of reintroducing the Bogeyman to modern society in his own world sounded like a fantastic project.

"Pleasure to meet you. I hope we will find a, ah, a beneficial friendship here. Shall we meet the other natives?" he ventured.

@Chewy Rabbits

maxresdefault.jpg

"Well don't that beat all, Tuck. Ya figure we're dreamin?"
"Since when do two people dream the exact same thing at the same time, Dale?"
"Well, this could me my dream and you're in it, or your dream and-"
"Imma stoppin you right there Dale. We may be best friends, but I ain't the type to be dreamin about another man."
"I dreamed about you before Tuck."
"Not listenin. Not. Listenin."
"Whoo-ee! Wouldya look at this place, all fancy like with all these folks here and... a ghost? Reckon she's friendly like Casper?"
Then she started talking and the pair paid pretty close attention. Especially Dale.
Dale then just, raised his hand a bit, so he could talk to the ghost.

"Put your hand down, Dale, you ain't in the fourth grade."
Dale ignored the comment but put his hand down anyway.

"It sure was nice of you to invite us to your fancy place for a party and all, but I reckon an invitation ain't really one if folks ain't got a choice on the comin' I don't suppose if some of us didn't exactly wanna be here that they could mosey on out? Not that we want to but-"

Dale gave his usual nervous laugh. "Just so we clear this up. In case some of the other nice folk here had other plans for their night. Y'know." the hillbilly ended his little ramble with a question. "Ya wouldn't happen ta have any pickled eggs, would ya?"

@york @ Whomever
Interestingly enough, Dale raising his hand actually worked... Either due to some weird omnipresense Spooky might have throughout the mansion, or just simply because she happened to see him, in either case, she materiallized once more.

ZeP6wGM.png

"Weeell... There IS a courtyard... Somewhere... But I put up some walls so uh... Yeah! You can't leave!" She said.

Well, that was a bit disheartening, but at the mention of pickled eggs, she made a gesture towards the refreshments laying around on the tables in the ballroom.

"Plenty of foor here... Help yourself while it uh... Lasts!" Spooky said.

Well, unless others had any beef to settle with her, Spooky would be gone again... Apparently she's perfectly okay with phasing in and out of the roof just like that.

@Michale CS @Others?​

Vector

He honestly didn't remember how he got the invitation. Save for where he was when he got it.

He was doing a job in Canada after the Raccoon City incident and after Umbrella left him along with the rest of Delta team for dead. The job was simple. Kill target. Leave. Nothing more, and nothing less. And thanks to Vector's skills, he completed the job.

Must've been between the time of him completing the job, and heading to collect his money.

He thought the invitation was a prank or misplaced and was delivered to him instead of someone else. But, as Vector read the letter, he couldn't stop. And before he knew it. Bam, he was somewhere he didn't remember heading to. He also noticed that his old uniform had been replaced with a dark blue shiny version of it. After looking into a mirror, he also saw his gas mask's goggles were red instead of a light blue.

He also realized he was missing his rifle and handgun, along with his knife. Infact, the only thing that stayed with him was a flashlight. Something that would be useless in a fight. Nonetheless, Vector was certain he could handle any threats with hand to hand combat.

As the ghost lady showed up, Vector was skeptical the entire time. Afterall, he didn't believe in the Supernatural. 'Must be a projector nearby.' This skepticism intensified as the ghost vanished into the ceiling.

A part of him wanted to ditch this party, as he had jobs lined up, but another part of him told him to stay and live a little. Afterall, he was due a break of sorts. Since he hadn't been able to since abandoning Umbrella. And the remnants of said organization were not willing to let loose ends remain loose.

So, he opted to go talk to some of the other guests that were there before the others.

@york
QrOgWds.jpg

Interestingly enough, Vector, whether he was in the middle of a conversation, or simply wandering around, trying to talk to a few of the guests that had arrived earlier... Was approached by a strange girl, it was a little hard to tell what her exact age was, but she looked to be in her early teens, and... Was oddly silent. Possibly a mute? Either that or she just wasn't one for words.

In either case, she didn't seem particularly interested in her surroundings, but yet, for some reason, showed some form of fascination towards Vector. How odd.

@Vector

In the meantime, others looking for guests that had arrived before them to talk to would find a good variety to work with...

There was a dark grey haired girl, around the age of 16 that was hanging around with an orange haired boy who looked to be around the same age as her. They appeared to be standing around one of the big windows up on the catwalk, talking about something.

In the meantime, on an opposing catwalk, an older man dressed mostly in blue, with a distinct head of blonde hair. He appeared to be some sort of assassin of sorts, from a more distant era, and what's more is that he was apparently brooding as he looked out the window, into the dark exterior of the area.

Lastly, there were at least five other individuals hanging about around the food and refreshments laying about the room, so one could always see about interacting with them as well...​

@Those Interacting With the NPC Guests I guess

Zombies? Ada had been there. Genetic weapons? Ada had done that. Bioterrorism? Ada had the T-shirt and had worn it out. Ghosts? That was new, however.

When the card arrived to Ada, she was somewhat surprised. Considering no one knew where she was at the time except for the ones who had sent her on the mission, and they probably weren't willing to divulge the location of an agent in the field. So, the letter was somewhat of a surprise.

When Ada arrived at the party, she looked around the room. It gave her a strange feeling. She had been completely disarmed, including the weapon hidden in her high heels.The crowd didn't make her feel uneasy. She could blend into crowds, and zombies and bioweapons were something she dealt with on a frequent basis, so the fact that a lot of guests were shadows weren't scary at all to her.

Ada made her way to the refreshments table. When she arrived, she saw an old... friend there already.

Well, that was going to make things at the party awkward. Ada began pouring herself some punch, only glancing at Leon.

@Ringmaster @Anybody @Whoever
Prologue: The Witch Bewitched

tumblr_oeyzeobC2w1tdtetdo1_540.gif

At the wee hours of the morning out in the wild countryside, the witch Angela and her accomplices were all that stirred.

Well, Angela and one of her accomplices at least. While the witch prepared the morning brew in her cauldron, she knew she could always count on the Reaper to keep her and her lazier servants safe from any angry townsfolk who got the smart idea to go on a witch-hunt deep into the night. So the witch hummed to herself, feeling safe and comfortable in her hut in the woods.

That was, until there was a knock at the door. Her happy tune was silenced as her heart skipped a beat, and she gasped in fright. Angela's eyes snapped towards the front door and remained glued to it as she stood from her chair and set everything aside; allowing her concoction to simmer while she warily approached the door with her broom held firmly in hand. It couldn't be anyone with too ill an intent, right? A villager out for her blood would've undoubtedly just broken down the door instead of...knocking politely. But in a way, that only scared her even more. Just who would have the gall to approach her in such a manner?

The second she reached the door, Angela flung it open and stood back with her broom pointed at the doorway, only to look shocked again once she noticed there was no-one at the door. Stepping just slightly out the door, she peered around outside, and scratched her head when her search came up short. She was about to walk back inside when she noticed a letter at the foot of her door. Quirking a brow, she knelt down to pick it up and quickly read through it. It wasn't hard, considering how short it was. Angela squinted her eyes and shook her head, stepping further outside and spotting the Reaper patrolling the witch's grounds, and beckoned him over.

"Gabriel! Gabriel, come here!" she hollered, and waved down the apparition.

The Reaper turned, and suddenly appeared in front of his master under a shroud of shadow with his pumpkin head bowed, "Yes, my lady?" Angela showed her servant the letter with an odd look on her face, "You haven't seen anyone come through here have you? I heard a knock at my door at found this letter sitting there." she explained, continuing to eye up the letter as she started to feel woozy. The Reaper shook his head, "No-one has set foot here. I have made sure of that." his pumpkin head tilted to the side, and an ounce of worry shone through his grim voice, "Are you okay, my lady? You seem ill." Angela looked up from the letter to give the Reaper a quick smile before returning to ogling the letter, "I'm fine, Gabriel, but thank you-"

The witch was cut just short and she lost her balance. She clutched her head to stop it from bobbing, just as the Reaper reached out to hold her shoulder and stabilize her, "You need rest." he stated plainly, and began to escort her inside before Angela pushed him away, "No, no, I'm fine, stop worry-...augh..." the witch's eyes suddenly closed shut, and she nearly collapsed to the ground just as the Reaper caught her. After some long moments of silence, he shook her silent body, "My lady...? Angela!"

clock-animated-gif-18.gif

Angela breathed a sharp gasp as her eyes shot open wide, and she stood up straight, hastily scanning the ballroom she now found herself in. Slowly, the shock from her sudden relocation wore off, but her heart was still pounding out of her chest. Carefully standing up, she found it strange that all the symptoms she was experiencing before ending up here had magically disappeared. How much time had passed? Angela shook her head; she couldn't dawdle, stressing over the situation. She had to take action and find out what was going on.

Besides, she seemed to have found herself smack-dab in the middle of a lively party at a wonderful venue. No doubt the one her invitation was advertising. So Angela putzed around the ballroom and hovered around the refreshments while she waited and watched the other guests. Perhaps she'd even find another poor, unfortunate soul to take home with her.

@york @Ringmaster @Ballroom​
Prologue: Wilson's Invitation

0pa2aFy.png

It would have been a typical Saturday night had there not been a knock at the door. Granted, there would soon be many more reasons as to why this Saturday night would be so frightfully un-typical, but for now, it was a knock at the door.
"That's ... un-typical," Wilson said to himself. He had been trying to do something alchemical-y with gold in his tiny cabin, when he heard the knock downstairs. He glanced at the calendar. It was indeed Saturday, and Wilson wasn't supposed to be having any social plans, let alone guests, for at least another 4 weeks. "Ah. Perhaps they are solicitors." He wiped his hands on a hanker chief and tromped downstairs to the door.
Upon opening it, he was even more irritated to find there was, in fact, no one there, than he would have been to find an impromptu guest. An uncreative prank at best and - ah. A piece of paper, wedged between the wooden slats of his porch? No, a letter. Addressed to him, no less. Did he even have contacts that knew this address anymore? Regardless, he began to read it.
"You're invited," he read aloud. "To Spooky's Halloween Party. Starting ... now." Ah. Still the prankster then. How thoughtless were they? Giving him this letter, without anytime to prepare for said party, or even an address to this, what was it ... Spooky's Manor?
Wilson tried to shove the letter into his pocket, but found that he could not. He was simply unable to stop reading the letter, no matter how poorly written he deemed it. Like a horrible nightmare, he could only read and reread the same 6 irritating lines over and over and over
and over
and then suddenly he could look up. And what he saw was not his familiar forest, but a gold-laden ballroom filled with complete strangers.
Perhaps all the alchemical fumes had gotten to his head.
Or, more likely, Wilson's experiments had finally torn open a doorway in space and time triggered by reading irritating letters. He was certainly a genius!
Wilson strode to the refreshments bar as it currently was the most populated area and fished out his journal and pen to begin, not completely awkwardly, to happily take notes on these parallel-universal peoples. It would be good to keep record of these sorts of things after all.
The idea that this could be the aforementioned Spooky's Manor had not crossed his mind at all.
@york @everybody​
"Of course it wasn't." Ada snickered. She watched as Leon wandered off to the balcony, shrugged, and then turned back around. She poured herself even more punch, and then grabbed a cupcake from a tray.

@Refreshments @Anybody

The tables were stocked to the brim with various assortments of food and beverages, some even quite literally out of this world... From the traditional halloween themed dishes such as pumpkin pie, to some more... Exotic ones for those who were used to a wider array of foods. To say the least most if not all the guests checking out the refreshments and food hanging around were likely to find at least an item or two that was familiar to them.

@Food & Refreshments

@wakely

Wilson in particular would notice some dishes that he might be familiar with, such as a big pot of meatie stew hanging around the center of one of the table. Pieces of taffy scattered about, a big slice of honey ham, and even a few bowls of guacamole here and there. While some of these dishes were almost alien to him, it appeared that there were at least a few that he felt a certain sense of familiarity with.

There also appeared to be a few people milling around the food and refreshments...

A trio that was composed of a blonde haired little girl, who couldn't be over the age of 9. She appeared to be snatching up sweets from the tables at an alarming rate, while a brown haired girl, who was about the same age as that blonde haired girl was not too far behind her, holding a cup full of lemonade in one hand, and holding the hand of a purple haired man who looked to be around his early twenties. He was carefully balancing a plate full of different colored macaroons, clearly trying to avoid spilling them, as his companions probably wouldn't be to happy over that.

Blonde haired girl seemed to be talking about something, while the purple haired man was trying to talk, and maintain the delicate balance of his plate full of macaroons at the same time. Though, the brown haired girl seemed rather quiet, but she did seem to stick close to that purple haired man, perhaps she was just a little apprehensive with all these strangers around...

On the other hand, there was a pair of girls hanging around the refreshments, except they didn't get anything yet. In fact, it seemed that a girl with short, dirty-blonde hair was tugging on the hand of a white haired girl with strange red eyes. Apparently the former was trying to pull the latter towards the refreshments, and they were having a somewhat friendly argument over something.

@Whoever Might Be Looking For Interactions At the Food and Refreshments

Having not got an immediate response from the ghost, Spooky, Dale had fixated on one of the other guests.
"You wanna talk to her go on, quit your starin."
"I got a girlfriend, Tuck, I just was appreciatin."
"Well appreciate a little closer. Your girlfriend ain't gonna mind if you talk to another lady. Go on. Remember what I told ya about Allison."

"Yeah. That worked out okay didn't it? All right. I'm gonna do it."

Dale walked over to Kana and gave his nervous laugh, with Tucker right behind. "Hey. Crazy party... huh? Hee-hee! I'm Dale and this here's my best friend Tucker."

@Sen @york @ whomever
Ige8YCB.jpg

Dread lord, now there was a title Sam hadn't heard in a long time. Before he adopted the idea of walking among the trick r treaters, Sam instead preferred to watch from the shadows. Only stepping forth when he knew for certain Halloween's rules were being broken. People often spoke of the pumpkin-faced demon that approached them on Halloween nights and how they could only appease it with offers of candy or quickly putting on a costume! The names ranged from monster, Halloween Harbinger, and the Dread Lord.

These days however, just Sam was good enough for him. Glancing up at the Knight, Sam couldn't help but giggle. How amusing it was of this child of the dark to assume Sam had set this all up. Oh how he wished he had! But no, Sam intentionally avoided drawing too much attention to himself lest he ruin his charade. This man however had seen through Sam's form for what he really was: A pagan god that enforced Halloween's traditions.

Reaching into the bag he carried with him, Sam pulled out a chocolate bar which happened to have Dracula's image on the wrapper. Pointing to the image and then at Lucifer, Sam snickered.

"Hehehe..."

Pleased with the revelation that someone here knew what he was, Sam decided he'd have a wee bit of fun. Waddling over behind Keaton as he was talking to the others, Sam reached out to grab the poor guy's tail and yank on it. "Ooh.~"

@Sen @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Ringmaster @Takumi @york
....That was not going to be pretty. He winced behind the helmet, seeing Sam's little action towards Keaton and felt momentarily sorry for the lycanthrope. Towards the two redneck looking figures, he spoke courteously.

"I am...The Black Knight. For tonight anyway. Halloween is a time of Mantles and Masks, where we take them and remember. For this Halloween night, that is the mantle I take. And you?"
e1kzbaF.webp

AuEMedf.webp

zE8wGMv.webp

"And what this?"
WuqSo1b.png

tumblr_inline_nol6xxafHb1re9spw_540.png

"Huh? An enemy?" K-Sha reacted as Kana screaming. K-Sha pulled out her barretts...

Or so she thought as she found out she was ill-equipped with nothing.

"Huh? What happened to my firearms?" K-Sha checked everywhere on her body, but couldn't find any one of her guns.

"Excuse me, but I might have lost my weapons. Please wait as I go find them." K-Sha said to the others, remaining calm, then dashing off in pursuit for the missing firearms.
"Children, he will not harm you tonight. Not so long as you observe the rules of his realm, which encompasses all. Wear a mask to hide yourself or take upon the mantle of another. Do not let the light go out, for it guides family from the other side...And above all, do not skimp on the offerings to others."

Amusement colored the knights tone as he added.

"These are the golden rules, that the Master of Halloween has enforced for centuries."

Though for an eldritch being, he had a soft spot for Halloween children, that much he knew. Enough to take their form come tonight.

@Sen @Crow @Chewy Rabbits @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Hana @Kaykay @Michale CS @whoever​
Scrappy went to go and investigate the rooms behind the main room.

*1 I am ready for the party
@york @Ringmaster @others
Meanwhile, Scrappy would catch an odd scent...One that almost reminded him of another dog, except more primal and inherently savage.

It came from the butler, who lowered his tray of drinks to say simply.

"Cider? Also, I would ask that you don't leave just yet. The Mistress is planning a surprise for her guests."

@LuckycoolHawk9
Vector

"The lady with the crossbow. She eluded us as well.....So how's life?" He asked. Somewhat pleased Leon hadn't tried to kick his ass.

And that he wasn't the only one who was awkward at talking with former targets/would be murderers.

"Before you ask, I no longer work for Umbrella. Afterall, they left me and the team I was apart of.....They did try to convince us to hunt you down. But, after some fighting within the team, and the deaths of my former comrades. Their offer was rejected..." His tone was cold. As, he wasn't completely attached to the formerly alive Delta team members.
"Confusing." Leon said flatly, looking under the brim of his hat at Ada and her ease.

Stupid, sexy spies with their stupid, sexy manner of fitting in anywhere.

Back to Vector, he paused briefly as the mute girl approached and looked at the former Umbrella Operative.

"Friend of yours?"

@The Wanderer @york @Minerva

e1kzbaF.webp

AuEMedf.webp

zE8wGMv.webp

"And what this?"

"What all ninja's do... Be sneaky...or something like that..." Something tells you Asugi either wasn't taking this seriously....or he
was trying to dodge her question by doing so...
"Asugi. Got it. You look awfully like someone I know, my apologies." Morgan corrected before glancing to Keaton. The way the look alike acted alone reminded him a lot of Gaius. It was almost unsettling.

"A horse rider and little girl?" Morgan questioned. One horse rider he knew of that accompanied Chrom almost anywhere was--

"Frederick could of most likely been the horse rider as he is Father's guard. Though the little girl..." he muttered thoughtfully as he cupped his chin.

"Did she happen to be a blonde with pigtails?" he asked.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Sen @Bomb @york @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @Anybody I missed
"I...think so...? I didn't see much of her honestly..." Keaton responded to Morgan.
ZmHRlGX.png

kU3rXY6.png

WuqSo1b.png

Ige8YCB.jpg

Dread lord, now there was a title Sam hadn't heard in a long time. Before he adopted the idea of walking among the trick r treaters, Sam instead preferred to watch from the shadows. Only stepping forth when he knew for certain Halloween's rules were being broken. People often spoke of the pumpkin-faced demon that approached them on Halloween nights and how they could only appease it with offers of candy or quickly putting on a costume! The names ranged from monster, Halloween Harbinger, and the Dread Lord.

These days however, just Sam was good enough for him. Glancing up at the Knight, Sam couldn't help but giggle. How amusing it was of this child of the dark to assume Sam had set this all up. Oh how he wished he had! But no, Sam intentionally avoided drawing too much attention to himself lest he ruin his charade. This man however had seen through Sam's form for what he really was: A pagan god that enforced Halloween's traditions.

Reaching into the bag he carried with him, Sam pulled out a chocolate bar which happened to have Dracula's image on the wrapper. Pointing to the image and then at Lucifer, Sam snickered.

"Hehehe..."

Pleased with the revelation that someone here knew what he was, Sam decided he'd have a wee bit of fun. Waddling over behind Keaton as he was talking to the others, Sam reached out to grab the poor guy's tail and yank on it. "Ooh.~"

@Sen @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Ringmaster @Takumi @york

2hJZfrq.jpg

"..."

Michael's chest continued to heave up and down with the heavy breathes he took. Each one escaping through his mask and right into Wilson's face. The serial killer imagined that were he in Wilson's shoes, he'd want to note something about this himself. But Michael couldn't quite care enough himself to document too much about whatever went on here. That entity that posed as a child is what garnered Michael's true interest. But where did it say he couldn't put a little fear into others while looking for his knife? Everyone was entitled to one good scare after all.

As Wilson put his hand out, Michael continued to stare straight down at him. Almost as if he were ignoring the gesture entirely. But thankfully for Wilson, Michael's hand slowly reached out to grasp Wilson's own. In doing so Wilson would have noticed the deep burn scars running along Michael's hand. No doubt a result of his fateful encounter with Dr. Loomis in the Haddonfield Hospital.

kSKCTha.jpg

Gripping Wilson's hand in his own, Michael made no moves to shake it as he pondered Wilson's query. He'd paid so very little attention to the ghost's words. Which meant Michael didn't have much of a clue so far as naming this place went. He might have had an easier time remembering if he cared more but unfortunately he didn't...

@wakely

"Sounds like a place I don't want to be..." Asugi idly responded to Kana about Rapture.

"Eh... Ghosts have never really bothered-.... OUCH!!!" Keaton had begun to speak before Sam yanked his tail causing the Wolfessenger to cry out in pain. "Tch... What was that for!!!" Keaton yelled in frustration... clearly not at all intimated by Sam like the others.
56au6T5.jpg

"And so I always thought that the moon was my silent witness through all my trials and my grievances. So she should be also the one to watch my unending wait for him... Dont you agree?"

nimbus-mono.regular.png

+
nimbus-mono.regular.png

"... Oh, what's this?" The sea was as calm as it always was nowadays, the waves a gentle ripple across the surface that was always lovingly shone down upon by the silver-white moon. Wadanohara had just returned from her usual spot up above, the white ocarina that was her most precious object these days securely hidden within her clothes. It was a calm and lonely walk back to her house within the sea village, only the occasional fish or mermaid greeting the kingdom's greatest witch and magic user since Lord Meikai.

Ever since what had happened, everyone had agreed that the usually more cheerful witch had suddenly retreated inside herself. She still smiled kindly upon anyone who needed her help, and even let herself be dragged out of her house by her familiars. Her familiars had become a common sight around the village now, running tasks for the witch who had buried herself into books and grimoires, strange lights always dancing within the house. After she had finished mourning her losses, it turned out Wadanohara had thrown herself into just studying her magic.

It wasn't a bad thing. Every year they could tell that the girl who used to rely so much on the help of others had grown stronger, her power inherited from Meikai finally showing its true colors. Where once she could only sport a talent in defending herself with water magic she could now summon water that could turn as sharp as ice with only a thought, or use it as extra limbs surrounding her. She could tell the weather months from now with a look into a basin of water, influence it to a degree and cause storms over any enemies that dared strike at the Sea Kingdom. She was the great protector now.

And she did know that. She made an effort, but it was always so challenging to muster up the effort to smile as she used to so long ago.

Only the moon and her memories of him had let her carry through for so long, as well as the love and support her familiars had and would unceasingly give her.

Tonight, she had ushered the three out to attend a party in the Sea God's castle, where there would be lots of drinks and food to go around for the entirety of the kingdom. Dolphi and Memoca were grown ladies now and wouldn't they enjoy themselves if they attended those things more? Fukami had grown into a fine young man, but he had always been one even when he was younger to Wadanohara. After helping them with their clothes and wishing them well at the door of her home, Wadanohara had come out to the surface again.

She wondered who had gotten inside her house to give this strange slip of paper, that as she touched she immediately felt the shiver of magic run through her. Intrigued, since this didn't seem malicious just yet, the witch read what was written and immediately frowned. The last party she had already turned down today, but who was this Spooky? And why did this entity think she could force a witch to read?

When she had looked up finally from the invitation, her surroundings were entirely different. This brought Wadanohara a strange sense of deja-vu, memories from centuries ago coming to the forefront of her mind. "I wasn't looking for an adventure, but it seems..." Her eyes darkened. "Someone took my staff from me." Making up her mind, she ignored the pretty surroundings and looked instead for people to seek information from. They looked just as confused or unfamiliar with this as she was.

"Whoa is that..... Wadanohara...?" Keaton had spoke completely forgetting about Sam as he caught sight of her.

"Friend of yours..? From that Rapture place I guess...?"

"Yeah, Hey!... Over here Wada..." Keaton called out overjoyed to see another friend of theirs.

W_I6u0Vv_400x400.jpg

@Sen @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Crow @Bomb @Ringmaster @Takumi

Though she suddenly realized she didn't have her hammer on her, for now she decided to pay it little mind. Maybe she'd just accidentally left it at Myoue's place, or something.

"Children, he will not harm you tonight. Not so long as you observe the rules of his realm, which encompasses all. Wear a mask to hide yourself or take upon the mantle of another. Do not let the light go out, for it guides family from the other side...And above all, do not skimp on the offerings to others."

Amusement colored the knights tone as he added.

"These are the golden rules, that the Master of Halloween has enforced for centuries."

Though for an eldritch being, he had a soft spot for Halloween children, that much he knew. Enough to take their form come tonight.

@Sen @Crow @Chewy Rabbits @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Hana @Kaykay @Michale CS @whoever
"Whoa is that..... Wadanohara...?" Keaton had spoke completely forgetting about Sam as he caught sight of her.

"Yeah, Hey!... Over here Wada..." Keaton called out overjoyed to see another friend of theirs.

W_I6u0Vv_400x400.jpg

Gwcv9hg.jpg

"Hm?" Wadanohara turned to look at the newcomer who had come up to her, blinking dull gray eyes. "Well, yes." The small witch sighed quietly to herself. "But sooner or later, I will find it." The staff wasn't in this place at all if she couldn't sense it, after all. It was either back in her world - she had already ascertained that this was not hers - or somewhere else entirely. She noticed the other girl's distraction, and tilted her head. "Have you lost something too?" She tried to smile, though it came out as small and muted like the rest of her. "We can go and look for our things together, if you want."

If she wanted to follow, that was alright with the witch. She noticed someone dressed akin to a knight speak, his voice standing out among the rest, and chuckled quietly to herself. Catching his eye, she shrugged. "I am no child, but thank you for your concern all the same," tone polite, the witch turned away.

Only to blink as she heard a voice that was... Familiar. Where had she heard this voice before? It had been so very long, if she couldn't remember him immediately. Turning and looking around again, her eyes widened briefly.
c81f6fw.png

"Keaton?" Whatever surprise that may have been on Wadanohara's face quickly faded away to her calm smile, which she couldn't help as she saw a long lost friend. And here she was, reminiscing about deja vu and friends she hadn't seen for centuries. The witch walked over to him, closing her eyes and letting out a soft laugh. If Keaton had known the witch well enough long ago the man would notice that everything about her seemed more gray and muted.

Even her laugh and her smile, though she seemed truly glad to come across him again. And, it seemed, Kana and Mirei as well. It looked like time had hardly passed for them. "And... Kana-chan and Mirei-chan. What a strange place for a reunion."

@Sen @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Kaykay @Ringmaster @york

....That was not going to be pretty. He winced behind the helmet, seeing Sam's little action towards Keaton and felt momentarily sorry for the lycanthrope. Towards the two redneck looking figures, he spoke courteously.

"I am...The Black Knight. For tonight anyway. Halloween is a time of Mantles and Masks, where we take them and remember. For this Halloween night, that is the mantle I take. And you?"
"..."
"Well, answer him, Tuck."

"...Dale, I don't know what no mantle is. He cain't mean a fireplace."
"Well, we didn't go preparin' for a masquerade party, so I reckon we're just goin as a couple of Hillbillies."
"That's what he meant by that?"
"Sure, Tuck. You know, my funny brain. Mantle means like, acting, kinda. Kinda like taking on responsibility."
"Like a superhero or somethin?"
"Kinda."

Dale cleared his throat a bit. "So, yep. A couple of well-meanin but often misunderstood hillbillies. That's our mantle, I reckon."
Interestingly enough, Dale raising his hand actually worked... Either due to some weird omnipresense Spooky might have throughout the mansion, or just simply because she happened to see him, in either case, she materiallized once more.

ZeP6wGM.png

"Weeell... There IS a courtyard... Somewhere... But I put up some walls so uh... Yeah! You can't leave!" She said.

Well, that was a bit disheartening, but at the mention of pickled eggs, she made a gesture towards the refreshments laying around on the tables in the ballroom.

Well, unless others had any beef to settle with her, Spooky would be gone again... Apparently she's perfectly okay with phasing in and out of the roof just like that.​

"Well, how d'ya like that? They got refreshments. Maybe they got us some pickled eggs."
"Oh come on, is that your priority, Dale?"
"Don't get all fancy talk on me. But yeah, I guess you're right."
"Pabst Blue Ribbon." They said together.
@Ringmaster @Sen @york @ whomever

Last edited:
ZmHRlGX.png

kU3rXY6.png

WuqSo1b.png

56au6T5.jpg

nimbus-mono.regular.png

+
nimbus-mono.regular.png

"That's a really free-spirited way to run a party, huh?"

Koto looked at the yellowed piece of paper, turning it upside-down, sideways, and all around as she tried to discover some sort of hidden message inside it or something. After all, "Until I say so" was a pretty unspecific time for a party to end. Could it just never end, if she wanted it to be that way? That could be pretty fun.

Lowering the invitation and looking towards her two companions, a pair of young boys, the red-eyed girl grinned.

"A! Un! This sounds pretty fun, don't ya guys think?"

"Suuuure." The two replied with an elongated word, though it wasn't in a sarcastic manner so much as an apathetic one. But despite their tone, grins similar to Koto's own could be seen on their faces. The two transformed completely, one turning into a blue light while the other turned into a red light. Circling around Koto, they began to lift her into the air, the girl ascending towards the sky.

And when her feet finally hit solid ground, she crashed into the party like a meteorite. A very small meteorite. Shrugging it off, Koto quickly got on her feet and took a gander at the party's set-up. What immediately caught her eye were the refreshments, which she immediately scurried over to, now accompanied by two floating spirits colored red and blue.

Stuffing her face with a few cupcakes and carrying yet another in her hand, she decided to walk over to some of the nearby people to see what was going on.

kyousougiga-01.jpg

"What all ninja's do... Be sneaky...or something like that..." Something tells you Asugi either wasn't taking this seriously....or he
was trying to dodge her question by doing so...

"I...think so...? I didn't see much of her honestly..." Keaton responded to Morgan.

"Sounds like a place I don't want to be..." Asugi idly responded to Kana about Rapture.

"Eh... Ghosts have never really bothered-.... OUCH!!!" Keaton had begun to speak before Sam yanked his tail causing the Wolfessenger to cry out in pain. "Tch... What was that for!!!" Keaton yelled in frustration... clearly not at all intimated by Sam like the others.

W_I6u0Vv_400x400.jpg

Gwcv9hg.jpg

"Hm?" Wadanohara turned to look at the newcomer who had come up to her, blinking dull gray eyes. "Well, yes." The small witch sighed quietly to herself. "But sooner or later, I will find it." The staff wasn't in this place at all if she couldn't sense it, after all. It was either back in her world - she had already ascertained that this was not hers - or somewhere else entirely. She noticed the other girl's distraction, and tilted her head. "Have you lost something too?" She tried to smile, though it came out as small and muted like the rest of her. "We can go and look for our things together, if you want."

If she wanted to follow, that was alright with the witch. She noticed someone dressed akin to a knight speak, his voice standing out among the rest, and chuckled quietly to herself. Catching his eye, she shrugged. "I am no child, but thank you for your concern all the same," tone polite, the witch turned away.

Only to blink as she heard a voice that was... Familiar. Where had she heard this voice before? It had been so very long, if she couldn't remember him immediately. Turning and looking around again, her eyes widened briefly.
c81f6fw.png

"Keaton?" Whatever surprise that may have been on Wadanohara's face quickly faded away to her calm smile, which she couldn't help as she saw a long lost friend. And here she was, reminiscing about deja vu and friends she hadn't seen for centuries. The witch walked over to him, closing her eyes and letting out a soft laugh. If Keaton had known the witch well enough long ago the man would notice that everything about her seemed more gray and muted.

Even her laugh and her smile, though she seemed truly glad to come across him again. And, it seemed, Kana and Mirei as well. It looked like time had hardly passed for them. "And... Kana-chan and Mirei-chan. What a strange place for a reunion."

@Sen @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Kaykay @Ringmaster @york

zE8wGMv.png

"What's wrong, Mirei, Kana?" Layla questions, "ghosty? Soft..."

Layla turns to Asugi again. "Does ninja like... to do this?"

Layla continues to fondle with Sam's head, still unphased by its presence.

"So this is the... guardian of Halloween? His job must be very important."

AuEMedf.jpg

"Ah! Wadanohara! Good timing!" Mirei exclaims, still frightened by Sam's sackface. "This certainly is a strange place for a reunion, and a strange place in general..."

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Kaykay @Ringmaster @york

It was only his own notes, he could come up with something a little less... naive ... when presenting a thesis paper back home, but for now, Wilson would call his new subject - friend - the Bogeyman. It fit his facade, unfortunately, but his demeanor seemed gentle enough. Perhaps he was just misunderstood. Insecure, maybe, and wanted to hide his real face. Absolutely fascinating, and the idea of reintroducing the Bogeyman to modern society in his own world sounded like a fantastic project.

"Pleasure to meet you. I hope we will find a, ah, a beneficial friendship here. Shall we meet the other natives?" he ventured.
1d8gvbW.jpg

"..."

Michael's overall demeanor didn't change in the slightest even as Wilson pulled his hand free. Had Michael not been stripped of his supernatural strength, he'd have made sure to crush every bone in Wilson's hand. Why would he have done such a fiendish thing when the anthropologist had done nothing but be kind to him? Michael really didn't see the need to have an explanation or reason for what he'd done. He just did it and that was that.

Watching as Wilson began to jot down in his notebook once more, Michael slowly tilted his head to the side. Yet again memories were resurfacing of all the counselors, all the therapists Michael went through until he met Dr Loomis. They all tried to figure out what was 'wrong' with him. But just like Loomis, none of them could get through to the Myers boy and gave up on him before long.

Not that Michael cared in the slightest what someone wrote about him on a piece of paper. It was just words and Michael didn't need words with how he operated. Well, none of his own at least. His victims were happy to provide those with screams here, pleas for him to stop there, it all started to blend together after a while. As Wilson finished however, Michael calmly took his pen and without a word flung it at Spooky. The ghost had vanished however and the pen sailed to the ground.

Frowning behind his mask, Michael walked over to pick up said pen and tossed it back to Wilson. Given a few stabs, he could probably kill someone with that. But without his strength it'd take too long and Michael preferred things quick and simple. But until that ghost reared it's head again, Michael supposed he'd have to make due with whatever he could get his hands on.

Sparing a brief glance at all the food that was gathered, Michael quickly glanced away. He had murdered a German Shepard and then proceeded to eat it but whether it was out of need for sustenance or simple maliciousness, nobody really knew the answer to that sick question but Michael himself and he wasn't keen on talking. But where had that strange creature in the burlap sack mask get to?

wTYaFDY.jpg

Michael noticed the strange man with a canine-like tail glaring at the diminutive spirit. Michael still wasn't too clear on what exactly Sam was but something made him special and Michael had little room for those who would stand in the way of what he had claimed as his. Which is why Michael calmly began to stride towards Keaton's group with Wilson accompanying if he choose to keep following 'The Bogeyman.'

@wakely @Ringmaster

4HRQs9i.jpg

"Heh..."

Calmly letting go of Keaton's tail as the man whipped around to scold him, Sam couldn't help but hold a hand up to stop him. If Keaton allowed Sam that choice moment, Sam would have promptly cleared his throat. Was he going to say something serious before apologizing for so rudely yanking his tail?

Pfft, as if the spirit of Halloween would ever apologize! Specially not to some dog-boy! Didn't he know that werewolves were one of the many races that knew to bow and whimper when Sam walked by? Flipping the bird in Keaton's direction, Sam's giggle continued.

"Hehehehehehe!"

The yelp this man made as his tail was yanked on? Was one of the most glorious noises to ever grace Sam's ears! It allowed the giggles to come out full force! But as Kana began to freak out upon his arrival, Sam's giggles only grew louder. It was true that he was a spirit, a spirit of Halloween, the god of Halloween! Yet he had done so very little and this girl was absolutely frightened out of her mind! Turning to face her, Sam reached into his bag as he pulled out a lolipop and extended it towards Kana.

5IwwEYv.jpg

"Hmm?"

The spirit let out a curious coo as he wondered just how Kana would respond to his gesture. Lucifer seemed to know a thing or two about the holiday and him for that matter. He'd hit it right on the nose! Halloween had very simple rules and it was his duty, no his reason for existence to make sure they were enforced. That aside, Sam was eager to join in the fun as the actual trick r treaters! He went door from door and ate all the candy he got! Those who failed to follow the rules? He'd sic the zombies, the werewolves or he'd go himself if need be!

As Sam noticed Michael approaching out of the corner of his eye however, Sam turned to face the towering serial killer. Grinning behind his mask, Sam gestured to those around him as Michael continued to stare blankly at the others. So it seemed the spirit had no trouble meeting others. It was just unfortunate for them that while Sam was here to have a fun time, Michael on the other hand...

Evs6U7r.jpg

Was here to make sure blood was spilt if he could help it.

As Michael stood guard over the spirit, Sam looked at the others. Kana was already scared of him, he had annoyed Keaton. What else was there to do? Watching as a new girl approached the group, Sam snickered as he approached her.

@Crimson Spartan @Hana @Sen @Takumi

P7bzpi2.jpg

Watching Koto as he approached her, Sam smiled behind his mask. From what he could garner she seemed like the average age of a trick r treater! This party was getting better and better by the minute! More and more people who would truly appreciate the holiday and all that entailed kept popping up! But in the meantime, Sam still saw it up to him to add a bit of mischief to the proceedings as he held up his right hand.

Leaning in, he'd flick Koto right in the nose.

"Boop. Heh..."

@Kaykay

"..."
"Well, answer him, Tuck."

"...Dale, I don't know what no mantle is. He cain't mean a fireplace."
"Well, we didn't go preparin' for a masquerade party, so I reckon we're just goin as a couple of Hillbillies."
"That's what he meant by that?"
"Sure, Tuck. You know, my funny brain. Mantle means like, acting, kinda. Kinda like taking on responsibility."
"Like a superhero or somethin?"
"Kinda."

Dale cleared his throat a bit. "So, yep. A couple of well-meanin but often misunderstood hillbillies. That's our mantle, I reckon."

@Ringmaster @Sen @york @ whomever
"Exactly."

He replied with a nod.

c81f6fw.png

"More than you know, Lady Wadanohara."

The Black Knight replied courteously as he turned to leave the group after a little bow to all.

Just a throwaway line, for those who once fought alongside each other once.

A long time ago, beneath the sea.

That said and done, it was time to get to work.

@Sen @Hana @Crow @Crimson Spartan @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Takumi @Michale CS

One montage later....

There would be a plate piled high with food as the Black Knight took inventory and in nodded with satisfaction.

What? He was hungry and it was a party.

And moving the helmet up partway-enough to reveal his mouth, he began to eat with relish before addressing the closest next to him.

Which turned out to be the masked creepy man, the scientist looking fellow, the witch and the pyromaniac.

"So what sort of world do you hail from? Going by the uniforms and mantles alone, seems we're all a mixed plate of guests."

@Chewy Rabbits @wakely @The Wanderer @Archmage Jeremiah @york

Valerie's Prologue
An Unexpected Play Date With A Dangerous Play Mate

Another long day at the Laverre City Gym ended with a spectacularly fabulous battle. A young trainer, after her third attempt, had finally earned her first Gym Badge in a battle against Valerie. Valerie was always happy to hand out the Fairy Badge to bright young Trainers who were worthy of it. It made her even happier to see the bright faces of the Pokémon as they battled. She could tell which Pokémon enjoyed the thrill of a battle and which Trainers were in sync with their Pokémon's wishes. Only a combination of a strong Trainer and a willing-to-battle Pokémon working together could overcome the trial of her gym.

After sending the Trainer off with a badge and a TM, Valerie drifted between teleporters, checking each room in the dollhouse-like gym and saying good-night to her hard-working gym Trainers, the Furisode Girls. Some of them had homes in the city to return to with families who love them. Others lived within the dollhouse of a gym and acted as Valerie's family. She loved all her girls very much.

Unfortunately, she would soon be torn away from her precious girls.

After a goodnight and farewell to each of them, Valerie returned to her private room to prepare for the end of the day. First came grooming of her team members who had worked so hard that day. Still in her gym leader attire, she began to brush and groom her Pokémon, starting with Neos, her Sylveon.

As she was brushing, she noticed a stack of envelopes sitting on her dresser. One of her Furisode Girls had gotten Valerie's mail. "How thoughtful," she thought.

She searched through the collection of envelopes. Bills, announcements from the League which really should be sent by Holo-Caster, and an order confirmation for more Fairy Badges greeted her from the pile. Mostly boring they were, except for two specific letters. One was from a pen pal of hers, Mason, who she knew lived fairly far away but wasn't really sure about how the two of them were supposed to be exchanging letters, especially with vital details such as addresses and postage stamps were absent. Valerie was eager to hear of Mason's latest adventures, but a different letter caught her eye. She ceased brushing her Sylveon to read it.

Remember to check out the Signups thread for more details! And well... To signup and stuff!

Prologue - An Invitation

Wherever they were, whoever they were... An invitation came for them, having been left on their doorstep, blown their way by the wind, or simply, they happened to pick it up by coincidence.

All the same, the invitations were composed of a yellowed sheet of paper, with the same thing written on it:

"You're invited!

By: Spooky the Ghost!

To: Spooky's Halloween Party

At: Spooky's Manor

Until: I Say So"

The whole invitation just seemed utterly silly... And honestly arrived at complete random, and really, they all looked like some aged invitations that someone had hastilly just filled in, they didn't even provide a proper address!

However, while the invitation itself seemed mundane, and almost useless, like the average flyer telling someone about some event in a not so specific place. However, it was quickly noticed that upon reading that invitation, those it had come to had found it increasingly difficult to tear themselves away from looking at it... Even, impossible, after a while. Their surrounding seemed to fade away into nothingness, until finally, when they finished reading that invitation, their senses slowly returned, as they found themselves able to look up again.

They were supposed to be the guests,
but they were hardly given a choice in the matter.

The first distinct sound that could be heard was the faint tune of some strange music, coming from all sides of the room, speakers, presumably, but there was no indication of exactly where they may be.

NlD4dWi.jpg

Slowly but surely, the bigger details of the room itself became clear... It was some sort of ballroom, complete with a balcony, food and refreshments, laying around in various tables in the area, and evidently a heavy adornment of halloween themed decorations. Someone had certainly been decorating for a halloween party, and it appeared that there was an unsettling amount of shadowy guests lurking about, they seemed to pay the new arrivals no mind, nor anyone really, just milling about in a creepy manner.

"Hello there. I, am Spooky" Came an uncanny voice, ringing out throughout the room.

Soon enough, accompanied by a overly dramatic flash of thunder and lighting, the source of the voice became clear as some sort of ghost quite literally faded into the room, apparently she didn't see anything weird about this at all.

ZeP6wGM.png

"And this is my home. As you can see, I've made some renovations! For uh... A party! Your party! You'll be here for a while so, feel free to run around... Explore the rooms... Have fun! Anyways... If anything comes up? I'll uh... Appear! Here... For... Some reason. But until then, enjoy the party!" She said.

And then, she sort of... Faded away, rising into the roof of the building. Welp, that was an awkward start to this whole event... But, apparently the guests were going to be stuck in this mansion for a while, so they might as well make the best out of what they've got!

It is also noted that if anyone had any weapons, they were for the most part gone with a few exceptions such as Crona's weapon, Ragnarok, and Sylvia's pokeball containing Sylveon, but it is uncertain how the powers of these (potential) weapons may have been effected in this strange place.

So... For the time being, there were a few options the guests at this "party" had laid out for them;

They could just mill around in the ballroom and enjoy the refreshments available... It is also of note that there were a few other guests that had arrived before them, and unlike the shadow people, they seemed more attentive to the new arrivals.

Of course, there was also the option to explore the rest of the manor through the double doors near the back of the ballroom, but who knows where those lead, considering that Spooky apparently overhauled the place for this party of hers.

On the other hand, if there were some matters that needed to be resolved about misplaced weapons and such, or just questions/complaints in general that were desperately in need of attention, one could always call out to Spooky the ghost, as apparently that's all that is required for her to address these sorts of things, after all... She was the one in charge, right?

Co-GM(S):

(This will come into play a little with the exploration option I suppose)

@Ringmaster

Cast:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Angela, the Witch of the Wilds from Overwatch

@Atomyk as Yuki Takeya from School-Live!

@Bomb as K-Sha from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series

@Chewy Rabbits as Sam from Trick 'r Treat & Micheal Myers from the Halloween Series

@Crimson Spartan as Keaton & Asugi from the Fire Emblem series

@Crow as Mirei Hayasaka & Layla from the Idolmaster; Cinderella Girls

@C.T. as Doctor Aphra from Star Wars

@Dec as Jacket from Hotline Miami

@Hana as Wadanohara from Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea

@Hospes as Emerald Sustrai & Neopolitan from RWBY

@Jeremi as Nikkare Aoe from Touken Ranbu

@Kaykay as Koto from Kyosogiga

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Crona Gorgon from Soul Eater

@Krieg as Reynauld the Crusador from Darkest Dungeon

@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scooby Doo & Scrappy Doo from the Scooby-Doo franchise

@Mari as Alice Cullen from Twilight

@Michale CS as Tucker & Dale from Tucker & Dale vs Evil

@Minerva as Ada Wong from Resident Evil

@Ringmaster as Leon Scott Kennedy from Resident Evil & The Black Knight, and OC from the Castlevania Series

@Sen as Kana from the Fire Emblem Series

@Mason Moretti as Gym Leader Valerie from the Pokemon Franchise

@Moca Latté as Marceline from Adventure Time

@Takumi as Morgan Lowell from the Fire Emblem Series

@The Wanderer as "Vector" from the Resident Evil Franchise & Pyro from Team Fortress 2

@Verdegris as Herbet Pulmer from ??? (OC)

@Verite as Richter Belmont from Castlevania & MIki Naoki from School-Live!

@wakely as Wilson from Don't Starve

@Yun Lee as Sakura Kasunago & Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter

@Refreshments @Anybody

ZeP6wGM.png

Well, unless others had any beef to settle with her, Spooky would be gone again... Apparently she's perfectly okay with phasing in and out of the roof just like that.

@Michale CS @Others?​

QrOgWds.jpg

Interestingly enough, Vector, whether he was in the middle of a conversation, or simply wandering around, trying to talk to a few of the guests that had arrived earlier... Was approached by a strange girl, it was a little hard to tell what her exact age was, but she looked to be in her early teens, and... Was oddly silent. Possibly a mute? Either that or she just wasn't one for words.

In either case, she didn't seem particularly interested in her surroundings, but yet, for some reason, showed some form of fascination towards Vector. How odd.

@Vector

In the meantime, others looking for guests that had arrived before them to talk to would find a good variety to work with...

There was a dark grey haired girl, around the age of 16 that was hanging around with an orange haired boy who looked to be around the same age as her. They appeared to be standing around one of the big windows up on the catwalk, talking about something.

In the meantime, on an opposing catwalk, an older man dressed mostly in blue, with a distinct head of blonde hair. He appeared to be some sort of assassin of sorts, from a more distant era, and what's more is that he was apparently brooding as he looked out the window, into the dark exterior of the area.

Lastly, there were at least five other individuals hanging about around the food and refreshments laying about the room, so one could always see about interacting with them as well...​

@Those Interacting With the NPC Guests I guess

The tables were stocked to the brim with various assortments of food and beverages, some even quite literally out of this world... From the traditional halloween themed dishes such as pumpkin pie, to some more... Exotic ones for those who were used to a wider array of foods. To say the least most if not all the guests checking out the refreshments and food hanging around were likely to find at least an item or two that was familiar to them.

@Food & Refreshments

@wakely

Wilson in particular would notice some dishes that he might be familiar with, such as a big pot of meatie stew hanging around the center of one of the table. Pieces of taffy scattered about, a big slice of honey ham, and even a few bowls of guacamole here and there. While some of these dishes were almost alien to him, it appeared that there were at least a few that he felt a certain sense of familiarity with.

There also appeared to be a few people milling around the food and refreshments...

A trio that was composed of a blonde haired little girl, who couldn't be over the age of 9. She appeared to be snatching up sweets from the tables at an alarming rate, while a brown haired girl, who was about the same age as that blonde haired girl was not too far behind her, holding a cup full of lemonade in one hand, and holding the hand of a purple haired man who looked to be around his early twenties. He was carefully balancing a plate full of different colored macaroons, clearly trying to avoid spilling them, as his companions probably wouldn't be to happy over that.

Blonde haired girl seemed to be talking about something, while the purple haired man was trying to talk, and maintain the delicate balance of his plate full of macaroons at the same time. Though, the brown haired girl seemed rather quiet, but she did seem to stick close to that purple haired man, perhaps she was just a little apprehensive with all these strangers around...

On the other hand, there was a pair of girls hanging around the refreshments, except they didn't get anything yet. In fact, it seemed that a girl with short, dirty-blonde hair was tugging on the hand of a white haired girl with strange red eyes. Apparently the former was trying to pull the latter towards the refreshments, and they were having a somewhat friendly argument over something.

@Whoever Might Be Looking For Interactions At the Food and Refreshments

It took Neos barking and pawing at Valerie's legs for the Gym Leader to finally snap away from Spooky's invitation, and by that time she had already appeared within the ballroom, standing next to a table of refreshments. She looked down at her distressed Pokémon and pet his head in order to comfort him.

"There, there, Neos," she said, "Let's find out where we are. Don't worry, I'm sure we're safe. What danger could there be within this lovely mansion?" Once Neos was comforted, she returned him to his Pokéball, noticing that his Pokéball is the only one in her current possession.

She listened to the words of the ghost, (supposedly Spooky, as the invitation implied,) and learned nothing more of the predicament that was going on, other than she was at a party.

She turned to one of the other guests at the party, Ada, and attempted to strike a polite conversation.

"Hello there. I don't suppose you remember actually arriving at this party or what it's address is?"

#Refreshments
@Minerva

• Love
Reactions: Ringmaster
Status
Not open for further replies.