Spooky's Halloween Party [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuki casually waved off Miki's worries. "That's right, we'll just have to find them!" She stuffed food into the bag haphazardly, caring little for organization. That no one was paying attention to them just meant that they were on a secret mission, which made it all the more exciting.

Once the bag was stuffed, Yuki took it from her friend, zipped it up, and placed it back over her shoulders. She then took hold of Miki's hand and eagerly led her toward the double doors near the back of the ballroom.

RpZzELc.png

"Mii-kun, let's go!"

@Verite @york
@People Going Exploring

Hmm, since they didn't have a map of the area yet, it looks like those who chose to explore outside of the ballroom would have to find their way the old fashioned way; random exploring! Or somewhat co-ordinated exploring, but it was a little difficult to tell what lay ahead of them.

CzgApb2.jpg

As soon as they stepped outside of the ballroom, they found themselves in a bit of a walkway, and they could notice a pair of stairs leading down to the bottom floor. On the other hand, they could barely make out signs on around four seperate doors, besides the ballroom of course. To their left, there was one big pair of doors, labeled "bedrooms", at least they had a place to spend the night.

To their right, there were three other doors; one labeled "hall of mirrors", one labeled "arcade", and one simply called "hall of jumpscares", this one had a silly looking cartoonish ghost painted on it.​
9efe9f3c267a55f749e79f3ed5ced490e3157b37_hq.gif

"H-Hey, wait up, Yuki-senpai! Don't get lost, a-and don't go out too far! We may not be able to make our way back if we're not at least careful," Miki spoke warily, though before she knew it, she would be dragged along with the far more eager Yuki, presumably forced to be the one to keep track of wherever they were going.

When they would stop upon reaching the next room, full of places to go to, the girl would purse her lips slightly. This just certainly kept on getting better and better by the minute, didn't it?

Looking to Yuki, she'd begin to speak again. "W-Well, where do you suppose we should go, Yuki-senpai? It doesn't look like anyone else is here..."

@Atomyk @york

"Well, ya see, Tuck and I, we bought a vacation home. And it was a beaut."
"On the way up there, we see these college kids."
"...one of em ended up being my girlfriend, Allison. Anyway we talked to em a little bit-"
"Cept that didn't go so well. Dale here ain't all that smooth with the ladies. Though he's gotten better."

"Anyway, our first night out we was fishin, and Allison she and her friends were goin swimmin in the lake."
"Well she noticed us, got startled and fell into the lake, smackin' her head pretty good."
"So I dove in and rescued her."
"Anyhow when she come to, she had the wrong idea about me."

"And you had the wrong idea about breakfast."
"It was an honest mistake... we got on the case tryin' to find her friends while she rested up from that knock on her head..."
"...next thing you know, these college kids were killin themselves all over our property."
Tucker+and+dale+vs+evil_4b38b1_5964655.gif
Tucker_f23d77_5964655.gif
"There was the guy who impaled himself on a stick in the new crapper hole..."

"Then there was the guy who was allergic to bees... ran from em so hard he impaled himself too. At the time we thought it was some suicide pact."
"Turn't out that most of em was just dumb. like the guy who threw himself at Tuck while he was unawares and ended up in the wood chipper while it was goin."

"One of em though, this guy was just evil. Threatened to shoot my dog. He's the one who took my finger so's I had to get a new one."
"I beat em off though, eventually. Dale was in too bad a way after the bees and losin a finger and all that. But he got away in the forest. The house blew up due to an unfortunate moonshine explosion..."
"That ain't all of it neither. Them's just the highlights. As it were."
"Yup."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Ringmaster @ whomever #Refreshments
Angela sat completely silent and motionless even for a few moments after the two of them had finished their story, mainly just trying to wrap her head around all of it. After she managed to process everything, she blinked, looking quite blown away by it all, "My...those do sound like some evil children," she commented with a dark chuckle, "Some very clumsy, evil children. But gosh do I know how frightening it is having people out for your blood. Suffice to say, most common folk don't much care for witches such as myself,"

@Michale CS

@The Wanderer @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @wakely @Ringmaster @Yun Lee @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva

@Refreshments Table​

kU3rXY6.png

"Mask?" she echoed, confused. She patted herself down, untangling her arms from Mirei but still keeping ways away from the sack creature. "O- Oh no! I don't have a mask!" she suddenly exclaimed. She really had no reason to carry one either, and the sheet she had used to cover herself when she was playing with Shiro was gone. It had not come into this world with her. Loosening the cloth she had around her neck, she brought it up to cover her nose and her mouth, tying it again. She held up her hands like claws, the top of her nose wrinkling as she made a face. "Rawr... am I scary now?"
ZmHRlGX.png

Approaching them was another familiar sight. Wadanohara, the Sea Witch, dressed in the colors of the midnight sky and the deepest ocean. Kana clapped happily when Keaton called her over. What a reunion! "Wadanohara!" she greeted with gusto, waving at the witch. "Wowee, it's soooo nice to see everyone here, I missed all of you~" she said, particularly to Mirei and Wadanohara.
vhEHsqa.png

She noticed that the witch seemed to have aged. She looked a bit more mature, the spark in her eyes Kana remembered was a bit dull, but nothing else about her had changed much. Turning to Mirei, the dragon-girl realized that the idol had not grown at all since they last met - or at least grown enough for her to notice. Standing next to her, Kana was greeted with a surprise. "Mirei... I'm taller than you now," she said, grinning down at you. "I'm taller than Mirei~ I'm taller than Mirei~"

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster @Crow @Takumi

c81f6fw.png

"Indeed." Wadanohara looked at the new companions that Kana, Keaton, and Mirei seemed to have brought with them today and smiled. "It seems that you have brought your own friends this time, so perhaps this will come through better than Rapture." She said that more to placate Mirei, who looked rather out of sorts about the place and the idea of a ghost.

And Kana had seen the greatest change of them all physically, it seemed. Mirei looked more or less the same as when Wadanohara had last seen her, but the dragon girl was much taller now. "I think you're taller than both of us now, Kana," the witch added gently, shaking her head. She wanted to pat the silver-haired girl on the head, despite her physical growth. The dragon child still acted as sunny as she remembered.

As she spoke, one would realize that she hardly ever opened her eyes despite 'seeing' what was happening in front of her. It was a habit that had formed since her friends seemed most struck by the changes about her when they saw her eyes. Something about the light in them having dulled greatly, it seemed for the better that people didn't see them most of the time.

Her eyes did open, however, when she saw a strange masked man come up to the group. Wadanohara tilted her head and stared at him with an unblinking gray stare. Ever since her experiences with Sal, it was as if a sense for unrepentant killers had awakened inside the witch. So much that Michael would now feel as if his soul was being looked into under the petite witch's gaze. She may not have looked physically imposing, but all of a sudden there was a feeling of danger as the witch smiled quaintly and stepped forward to take Mirei and Kana's hands.
iTxP6Nu.jpg

"I'm glad to see you three again," she admitted quietly, eyes flickering once more in the serial killer's direction. "Perhaps I shall take up Keaton's offer from long ago once again." Especially since that sackcloth masked figure was giggling at the man's frustration. Letting go of the other two girls, she walked up to Keaton, and reached up, hand expectantly raised. "I remember you said it was okay for me to pet your ears and your tail." She sent him a tiny smile, offering him an escape from the awkward situation with Sam. As well as letting her keep watch on Michael while being in his vicinity.

@Crimson Spartan @Sen @Crow @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Ringmaster
"Alright, thank you for at least letting me know." Morgan smiled. He was a bit disappointed but he could at least badger his father about it when he returned home.

Whenever that would be.

Morgan watched Kana interact with her friends curiously.

"I don't think I've introduced myself yet. Name's Morgan." he spoke up. He did remember someone asking for his name. Who, he wasn't sure of sadly.

At least his aunt's friend Maribelle wasn't present to scold him about Princely mannerisms or something along those lines.

And what was this about costumes? He frowned as he didn't necessarily have one.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Sen @Bomb @york @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @Anybody I missed
"Eh... Well yeah I suppose I like what I do.... I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't..." Asugi spoke in a casual tone of voice which suited the laid back ninja.

"Hmm...? Oh yeah, right I suppose I did say that... Though it doesn't seem like it was all that long ago..." Keaton spoke having completely missed Sam flipping him off in favor of conversing with Wadanohara. However as Keaton moved to sit on the floor to make it easier for Wadanohara to pet him it's clear his eyes were locked on Micheal. Something about the masked man rubbed him the wrong way.

"Huh... So is this the girl you wouldn't shut up about, Keaton...? The one who reattached your arm..?" Asugi spoke up looking down at Wadanohara with his usual relaxed expression.

@Hana @Sen @Crow @Ringmaster @Takumi @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay
WwEGyFe.png

When Keaton mentioned that it hadn't been all too long ago that he remembered talking to her, the witch smiled wryly to herself with a gentle laugh. "Time passes differently for our worlds, so I almost didn't recognize your voice. It's been more than three hundred years since I last heard all of you," Wadanohara admitted plainly, the passage of time for her was much much different. Yet the witch looked like she hadn't aged a day, much the same like her father if he had lived. "Though I still have your Beaststone and Kana-chan's dragon scale." They were truly memoirs from happier times for her, after all... No matter how brief her time was with them in Rapture. The dragon scale shone as nicely as ever, still as strong even after so long. Dragons were really remarkable.

She smiled as he made himself comfortable on the floor, reaching out to gently touch the wolfskin leader's lovely ears. "You have such fluffy fur, it's really nice to touch." Keaton got embarrassed about anyone touching his tail or his ears, but he really was a big softie, wasn't he? Even if they were both wary of Michael, she kept up the conversation and scratched him behind the ears.

When his friend spoke, the witch opened her eyes more and looked up at the ninja. "Oh, hello there. I'm Wadanohara, and I met Keaton back in Rapture." She blinked and turned to the wolfskin once again. "Oh, he does?" It was a bit heartening even to the usually solemn witch to know that Keaton talked about her and remembered. Returning to petting Keaton, she chuckled.

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Kaykay @Anyone else in the vicinity I guess​

FWEqE5t.jpg

"Y- yeah..." Mirei said as Kana comments on her extended height. "You... sure have... also, this is how you roar..."

Mirei breathes in for a bit.

"GAAAAAAOOOOOO!!!!"

Mirei then realises that she and Kana were not the only ones around. Before anyone could say anything that would justify the next statement, her face turned red and she blurted...

jXAzAcf.png

"Shut up, shut up, shut up! No one saw anything! No one saw anything!"

Mirei then turned to Wadanohara, shocked by her sentence. "Three hundred years? It's only been a few months since I last saw you... Time flies, I guess."

Mirei looks at all the new faces that surrounded the old squad.

"We've got quite a few new people to meet here. Guess we should try to-"​

Well, the girl seemed mostly benign, and only peered at him... Though there were plenty of other people to peer at, she seemed to have taken an odd sort of interest in him, brief as it may be. On the other hand, she did seem a bit distracted by something all of a sudden, quietly, she handed Vector a slip of paper. All it said on it was "Poniko", guess that was her name?

At any rate, as quickly as she came, she left, heading out the double doors and into the hallway beyond.

@The Wanderer @Ringmaster @Others

@Verite @Atomyk
@People Going Exploring

Hmm, since they didn't have a map of the area yet, it looks like those who chose to explore outside of the ballroom would have to find their way the old fashioned way; random exploring! Or somewhat co-ordinated exploring, but it was a little difficult to tell what lay ahead of them.

CzgApb2.jpg

As soon as they stepped outside of the ballroom, they found themselves in a bit of a walkway, and they could notice a pair of stairs leading down to the bottom floor. On the other hand, they could barely make out signs on around four seperate doors, besides the ballroom of course. To their left, there was one big pair of doors, labeled "bedrooms", at least they had a place to spend the night.

To their right, there were three other doors; one labeled "hall of mirrors", one labeled "arcade", and one simply called "hall of jumpscares", this one had a silly looking cartoonish ghost painted on it.

e1kzbaF.png

"Sounds like it's time for the activities. Hey, has anyone seen Layla?"

Layla's very presence could be felt at the Refreshments Area. Her tanned complexion and soulless eyes - there was no doubt.

kPKDiC3.png

"The time for going... soon. Must prepare..."

"She's going to do it..." Mirei sighs.

Na36aXg.png

"She's going to do it..." Mirei repeats herself.

oLfsKAJ.png

"Layla has to pack up before the activities."

"Come on Layla, you can't just do that!"

"But Producer-dono is OK with," Layla replies, "so it is good."

"Well, that explains a lot, too much in fact," Mirei shrugs, with a mildly unpleased look on her face. "Let's chitchat on the way, everyone. Come on Layla, we don't have all day ~tsu."

And so Mirei found herself in the corridors. Finding a room that said 'Arcade' on the sides, she smiles.

LglH2YQ.jpg

"Sana's going to be jealous ~tsu."

Just then, she bumps into Miki and Yuki. Or did Miki and Yuki bump into her? Who knows. Who knows. No one knows.

gvzWXxQ.png

"H- hey! Watch where you're going ~tsu!"

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Kaykay

@Verite @Atomyk @PeopleGoingExploring​

Angela sat completely silent and motionless even for a few moments after the two of them had finished their story, mainly just trying to wrap her head around all of it. After she managed to process everything, she blinked, looking quite blown away by it all, "My...those do sound like some evil children," she commented with a dark chuckle, "Some very clumsy, evil children. But gosh do I know how frightening it is having people out for your blood. Suffice to say, most common folk don't much care for witches such as myself,"
"Witches? Aw, well... uh... that's... nice?"
"Sure. I mean, it's almost the same with us hillbillies. No one understands that we're the friendliest folk you could get to know."
"Well said, Dale. Well said." He took another drink of his beer and Dale reached for another pickled egg.
"Tuck. I just had a random thought."
"Since when is that news?"
"Shut it, you. What if all these folks ain't actually in costumes. If this is who they really are?"
"Well then, they're the most well behaved buncha folks straight outta horror movies you ever did see."
"They are at that. See, that's how us backwoods folks operate miss Angela. Unless ya give us cause, we assume the best in folks. Leads to a lot less squabblin."
"Ain't that the truth."
The pair then clink their beer cans together and Tucker goes reachin for his second. "For the road. Well, I think Dale an I are gonna have a walk around this fancy place. It sure was nice talkin to ya Miss Angela."

@Archmage Jeremiah @ whomever

And Kana had seen the greatest change of them all physically, it seemed. Mirei looked more or less the same as when Wadanohara had last seen her, but the dragon girl was much taller now. "I think you're taller than both of us now, Kana," the witch added gently, shaking her head. She wanted to pat the silver-haired girl on the head, despite her physical growth. The dragon child still acted as sunny as she remembered.
bA1ZLN1.png

The girl puffed up her chest proudly, standing up on her toes as she did so. There was a wide grin on her face, happy that she had had grown, even though she was only a few centimeters ahead of Mirei. Soon, her friend would grow as well, but she wasn't about to let Mirei beat her so easily. "Hehe, yup! So nobody can call me a kid, right? I'm a big girl now~"
Morgan watched Kana interact with her friends curiously.

"I don't think I've introduced myself yet. Name's Morgan." he spoke up. He did remember someone asking for his name. Who, he wasn't sure of sadly.

At least his aunt's friend Maribelle wasn't present to scold him about Princely mannerisms or something along those lines.

And what was this about costumes? He frowned as he didn't necessarily have one.
ZmHRlGX.png

"Nice to meet you, Morgan!" she echoed in response, her smile still stretched on her face. She was ridiculously happy, yet a few moments ago she had been confused and fearful. The presence of friends did wonders for the dragon-girl. She had grown older, but yes, she was still a child at heart. "So... where do you come from? Mama and her friends and I all live in a place called Valla, in the middle of Hoshido and Nohr! Have you heard of it?"
"Huh... So is this the girl you wouldn't shut up about, Keaton...? The one who reattached your arm..?" Asugi spoke up looking down at Wadanohara with his usual relaxed expression.
vhEHsqa.png

"Haha! I remember that~ Keaton kept talking on and on about Wadanohara when we had dinner all together! The other magic users didn't really wanna believe it though. But I think Leo was just jealous, hehe~"

"No book can get you to Wadanohara's super magicky magic levels!"
FWEqE5t.jpg

"Y- yeah..." Mirei said as Kana comments on her extended height. "You... sure have... also, this is how you roar..."

"GAAAAAAOOOOOO!!!!"

Mirei then realises that she and Kana were not the only ones around. Before anyone could say anything that would justify the next statement, her face turned red and she blurted...

jXAzAcf.png

Mirei then turned to Wadanohara, shocked by her sentence. "Three hundred years? It's only been a few months since I last saw you... Time flies, I guess."

"We've got quite a few new people to meet here. Guess we should try to-"
bA1ZLN1.png

She roared back. "RAAAAAAAWR~" Instead of a cute sound, they were greeted with a rather loud roar coming from the blood of dragons inside of her. She could have sworn the floor was shaking underneath her slightly. Kana didn't seem embarrassed at all at her booming voice, but there was a faint blush growing on her cheeks.
kU3rXY6.png

"300 years is a long, long time, isn't it?" Kana noted. "It's only been a few months... or a year since I last saw everyone." She drew out the souvenirs they had given her from times gone by. Wadanohara's stone was still glowing like it had light inside, but the magical energy seemed to have dissipated. The girl didn't know if it would still work.

"Well, that explains a lot, too much in fact," Mirei shrugs, with a mildly unpleased look on her face. "Let's chitchat on the way, everyone. Come on Layla, we don't have all day ~tsu."
ZmHRlGX.png

Was she... packing some food up?

"Wow! Layla is so smart! We can have a picnic later with the yummy food here~" she suggested with a giggle.

"Aw, I hope there's a pretty garden here or something. Having a picnic inside sucks."
And so Mirei found herself in the corridors. Finding a room that said 'Arcade' on the sides, she smiles.
kU3rXY6.png

Kana blinked up curiously at the words. She understood the letters... and how to say it. But not the words. "What's an arcade...?" she said, saying the foreign word slowly like she was just learning the language, testing the word out.

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Kaykay

"Lawrence Talbot ma'am."

He said in return as he looked around and added.

"And yes- Yes it is." He frowned briefly, flicking through a mental array of memories before shaking it off.

"The rest of the manor will become readily available at the Mistresses choosing, thank you for your patience."

@Mari @LuckycoolHawk9

--------
Alice smiled. She saw some others go off to explore, but did not think of doing so herself. It was usually the men who would do that, from her experience. Her gift was the type that decided she would be kept safe and in reserve, at least usually. "I can be patient, of course", she said to Lawrence. "Mister Talbot."

@Ringmaster
Scooby finished sipping up some of the punch and decided he was going to eat some of his food.

Scrappy had decided that he needed to have a conversation. It was only polite to do so. " Hi, I'm Scrappy," he said introducing himself to Alice.

@Mari @Ringmaster @Anyone who wants to talk to Scooby
Alice looked curiously, downwards at the voice. A small talking dog? She looked curiously at him for a second. The dog looked something like out of a children's show, an animated cartoon character almost. She and the rest of the Cullens were not so keen on keeping up with entertainment, otherwise she might have recognized a resemblance to something.

After a second, she smiled at the dog.

alice-cullen-and-anthropologie-inverness-trench-gallery.png

"I'm Alice", she replied, before pausing again. "And, Scrappy, was it? Quite an interesting name, almost as interesting as you are, with all due respect." She paused to think about how to most politely say it. "I don't think I've ever met a talking dog before."

@LuckycoolHawk9

bA1ZLN1.png

The girl puffed up her chest proudly, standing up on her toes as she did so. There was a wide grin on her face, happy that she had had grown, even though she was only a few centimeters ahead of Mirei. Soon, her friend would grow as well, but she wasn't about to let Mirei beat her so easily. "Hehe, yup! So nobody can call me a kid, right? I'm a big girl now~"

ZmHRlGX.png

"Nice to meet you, Morgan!" she echoed in response, her smile still stretched on her face. She was ridiculously happy, yet a few moments ago she had been confused and fearful. The presence of friends did wonders for the dragon-girl. She had grown older, but yes, she was still a child at heart. "So... where do you come from? Mama and her friends and I all live in a place called Valla, in the middle of Hoshido and Nohr! Have you heard of it?"

vhEHsqa.png

"Haha! I remember that~ Keaton kept talking on and on about Wadanohara when we had dinner all together! The other magic users didn't really wanna believe it though. But I think Leo was just jealous, hehe~"

bA1ZLN1.png

She roared back. "RAAAAAAAWR~" Instead of a cute sound, they were greeted with a rather loud roar coming from the blood of dragons inside of her. She could have sworn the floor was shaking underneath her slightly. Kana didn't seem embarrassed at all at her booming voice, but there was a faint blush growing on her cheeks.
kU3rXY6.png

"300 years is a long, long time, isn't it?" Kana noted. "It's only been a few months... or a year since I last saw everyone." She drew out the souvenirs they had given her from times gone by. Wadanohara's stone was still glowing like it had light inside, but the magical energy seemed to have dissipated. The girl didn't know if it would still work.

ZmHRlGX.png

"Wow! Layla is so smart! We can have a picnic later with the yummy food here~" she suggested with a giggle.

"Aw, I hope there's a pretty garden here or something. Having a picnic inside sucks."

kU3rXY6.png

Kana blinked up curiously at the words. She understood the letters... and how to say it. But not the words. "What's an arcade...?" she said, saying the foreign word slowly like she was just learning the language, testing the word out.

"I believe my Father mentioned then briefly but didn't go into detail. And none of the books I've read say anything about them. As for where I'm from, it's a land called Ylisse." Morgan began, his smile growing fond for a moment before a frown took it's place. For a moment, he glanced at the back of his hands where two brands lay and could be mistaken for tattoos yet one may have been familiar to those that met Chrom and took note of it: The Brand of the Exalt.

Since Grima was slumbering couldn't help but question somethings. But now wasn't the time for such thoughts.

When Kana roared Morgan was surprised at first, lifting his head to look at her.

"Hey, are you a Manakete by any chance? They can turn into Dragons and stuff with a particular stone called a Dragonstone?" he was a little excited now. Wait until Nah heard about this!

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Sen @Bomb @york @Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits @Anybody I missed

Richter furrowed an eyebrow when Nikkari would take a piece of food so easily, without much suspicion other than a simple inspection. After all, for all he knew, it could have been poisoned. Not that Richter was exactly any better, considering he, in the past, had quite literally whipped walls until they gave way, and revealed perfectly fine pork chops underneath...

But he didn't like talking about that family habit.

That said, with a resigned sigh, he would take another piece of shrimp as well from the tray, giving it a try. Rather than commenting on the quality of the food, he would silently swallow it down, before speaking to Nikkari again, crossing his arms. "I suppose that makes two of us, as far as encountering evil ghosts go. I wouldn't suppose you know about how you or I stumbled in here?"

@Jeremi @Ringmaster

Nikkari pondered Richter's question. "Well I mean...I suppose those invitations of ours had something to do with it?" While it sounded odd that mere invitations had the power to draw people here. The fact that Nikkari was a sword made flesh made it more believable. "Why though." He smiled. "Is probably the more potent question to be answered right now."

@Ringmaster @Verite
9efe9f3c267a55f749e79f3ed5ced490e3157b37_hq.gif

"H-Hey, wait up, Yuki-senpai! Don't get lost, a-and don't go out too far! We may not be able to make our way back if we're not at least careful," Miki spoke warily, though before she knew it, she would be dragged along with the far more eager Yuki, presumably forced to be the one to keep track of wherever they were going.

When they would stop upon reaching the next room, full of places to go to, the girl would purse her lips slightly. This just certainly kept on getting better and better by the minute, didn't it?

Looking to Yuki, she'd begin to speak again. "W-Well, where do you suppose we should go, Yuki-senpai? It doesn't look like anyone else is here..."

@Atomyk @york

Or was there? From the corner of Yuki's eye she would notice something in the corner. Suddenly red eyes would shine up in the dark as something hovered into view.

She...or well it would look down on the two girls the massive black claws twitching eerily. "Are you...lost?" Her voice had an echo feel to it, like you were listening to her from underwater. Was she another party guest like the others?​

@Verite @Atomyk @york

WwEGyFe.png

When Keaton mentioned that it hadn't been all too long ago that he remembered talking to her, the witch smiled wryly to herself with a gentle laugh. "Time passes differently for our worlds, so I almost didn't recognize your voice. It's been more than three hundred years since I last heard all of you," Wadanohara admitted plainly, the passage of time for her was much much different. Yet the witch looked like she hadn't aged a day, much the same like her father if he had lived. "Though I still have your Beaststone and Kana-chan's dragon scale." They were truly memoirs from happier times for her, after all... No matter how brief her time was with them in Rapture. The dragon scale shone as nicely as ever, still as strong even after so long. Dragons were really remarkable.

She smiled as he made himself comfortable on the floor, reaching out to gently touch the wolfskin leader's lovely ears. "You have such fluffy fur, it's really nice to touch." Keaton got embarrassed about anyone touching his tail or his ears, but he really was a big softie, wasn't he? Even if they were both wary of Michael, she kept up the conversation and scratched him behind the ears.

When his friend spoke, the witch opened her eyes more and looked up at the ninja. "Oh, hello there. I'm Wadanohara, and I met Keaton back in Rapture." She blinked and turned to the wolfskin once again. "Oh, he does?" It was a bit heartening even to the usually solemn witch to know that Keaton talked about her and remembered. Returning to petting Keaton, she chuckled.

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Kaykay @Anyone else in the vicinity I guess​
"T-Three hundred years!?!... That's.....incredible! You don't even looked like you've aged a day..." Keaton commented figuring that the large time gap is why she seemed so different now. As Wadanohara began petting him he was beginning to feel embarrassed since there was a lot of people around but he didn't move and her comment about his fur being soft made him feel a bit happier on the inside.

"Yeah, Lots of people say the fur of my kind is real soft... It's why poachers hunt us for our fur but.....I never let them get far..." Keaton spoke with the last part of his comment seeming dark compared to the usually goofy Wolfessenger.

"Asugi is my name, Wadanohara and yeah... He almost never stopped talking about you or the other girl after....whatever it is this 'Rapture' was happened. Asugi responded in a casual tone of voice.

FWEqE5t.jpg

"GAAAAAAOOOOOO!!!!"

jXAzAcf.png

"We've got quite a few new people to meet here. Guess we should try to-"​

e1kzbaF.png

"Sounds like it's time for the activities. Hey, has anyone seen Layla?"

Layla's very presence could be felt at the Refreshments Area. Her tanned complexion and soulless eyes - there was no doubt.

kPKDiC3.png

"The time for going... soon. Must prepare..."

"She's going to do it..." Mirei sighs.

Na36aXg.png

"She's going to do it..." Mirei repeats herself.

oLfsKAJ.png

LglH2YQ.jpg

"Sana's going to be jealous ~tsu."

Just then, she bumps into Miki and Yuki. Or did Miki and Yuki bump into her? Who knows. Who knows. No one knows.

gvzWXxQ.png

"H- hey! Watch where you're going ~tsu!"

@Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Takumi @Kaykay

@Verite @Atomyk @PeopleGoingExploring​
bA1ZLN1.png

ZmHRlGX.png

vhEHsqa.png

bA1ZLN1.png

kU3rXY6.png

ZmHRlGX.png

kU3rXY6.png

"I can still call ya 'kid'... Right Kana...?" Asugi spoke to Kana in a teasing manor.

@Takumi @Crow @Sen @Hana @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay

Alice looked curiously, downwards at the voice. A small talking dog? She looked curiously at him for a second. The dog looked something like out of a children's show, an animated cartoon character almost. She and the rest of the Cullens were not so keen on keeping up with entertainment, otherwise she might have recognized a resemblance to something.

After a second, she smiled at the dog.

alice-cullen-and-anthropologie-inverness-trench-gallery.png
"I'm Alice", she replied, before pausing again. "And, Scrappy, was it? Quite an interesting name, almost as interesting as you are, with all due respect." She paused to think about how to most politely say it. "I don't think I've ever met a talking dog before."
Scrappy had forgotten that everyone had to look down to see him. He was a puppy and he wasn't the largest thing in the world. He wasn't sure if she knew who he was. He was so used to everyone knowing his uncle but most people forgot about him or hated him. He wasn't sure which was worse, being ignored or being hated. It was still up for debate with the pip.

Scrappy smiled back to the strange woman.

scrappy-doo-scooby-doo-and-the-ghoul-school-59.7.jpg

" Alice, that is a nice name. Yes, Scrappy it was. I was named by my mom. Everyone in our family have interesting names," he said to her and paused when she mentioned he was a talking dog. " I guess there is a first time for everything," he answered.

@Mari

The hall of jumpscares was where the real test of courage was to be found, but a door labeled as an arcade seemed almost too tantalizing to pass up. When was the last time Yuki had played a video game? She wasn't too sure why she hadn't in so long, now that she was thinking about it. The School Living Club had some inexplicably restrictive rules.

"I think we should... Oh! ... M-Mii-kun, get behind me. There's someone here."

OQcKTwG.png

Yuki had been marveling at the hall before that woman caught her eye. She had to look up to talk to her, for she was just so tall, though that was not saying much considering how short Yuki was. Her mouth dropped open slightly in awe at this mysterious woman dressed in one of the more intricate examples of cosplay Yuki had ever witnessed.

"I didn't see you in the ballroom..." Yuki pointed a dramatic finger at the costumed woman. "Who are you and what is your reason for being so mysterious?!" She took a few steps forward, inching toward the woman at small increments. Her eyes squinted suspiciously as she used her pointed finger to give the woman a hesitant poke.

"Such an interesting costume you have...!"

@Jeremi @Verite

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jeremi
"Witches? Aw, well... uh... that's... nice?"
"Sure. I mean, it's almost the same with us hillbillies. No one understands that we're the friendliest folk you could get to know."
"Well said, Dale. Well said." He took another drink of his beer and Dale reached for another pickled egg.
"Tuck. I just had a random thought."
"Since when is that news?"
"Shut it, you. What if all these folks ain't actually in costumes. If this is who they really are?"
"Well then, they're the most well behaved buncha folks straight outta horror movies you ever did see."
"They are at that. See, that's how us backwoods folks operate miss Angela. Unless ya give us cause, we assume the best in folks. Leads to a lot less squabblin."
"Ain't that the truth."
The pair then clink their beer cans together and Tucker goes reachin for his second. "For the road. Well, I think Dale an I are gonna have a walk around this fancy place. It sure was nice talkin to ya Miss Angela."

@Archmage Jeremiah @ whomever
Angela looked at the quirky pair of hicks quizzically for a second, and wondered. Costumes? They seriously couldn't tell a real witch's garb from an imposter's? She raised a finger to question them, but was quickly silenced as one of them brought the topic up himself. In a much more respectful manner than she was expecting, too. The witch smiled out of happy surprise, and tipped her hat to them as they said their brief farewells, "You're too kind.~ I hope you enjoy the party!"

@Michale CS

@Refreshments Table​

Scrappy had forgotten that everyone had to look down to see him. He was a puppy and he wasn't the largest thing in the world. He wasn't sure if she knew who he was. He was so used to everyone knowing his uncle but most people forgot about him or hated him. He wasn't sure which was worse, being ignored or being hated. It was still up for debate with the pip.

Scrappy smiled back to the strange woman.

scrappy-doo-scooby-doo-and-the-ghoul-school-59.7.jpg

" Alice, that is a nice name. Yes, Scrappy it was. I was named by my mom. Everyone in our family have interesting names," he said to her and paused when she mentioned he was a talking dog. " I guess there is a first time for everything," he answered.

@Mari

alice-cullen_00088344.jpg

A first time for everything. Alice nodded at those words, but didn't respond verbally as she thought of those words. There was a first time for everything, after all. She knelt down next to Scrappy, and looked at him closer. He was a dog, not a wolf, after all. In her experience, wolves were selfish, hot blooded, only acting on their own desire. She never had a dog herself, but from what she knew of dogs, they were loyal companions to humans, selfless, loving. Scrappy seemed very much like that.

She then put her hand to the top of his head, between his ears, and started rubbing him there. "Nice to meet you Scrappy," she said, "I hope you like this? I confess this is the first time for me to do this."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Angela looked at the quirky pair of hicks quizzically for a second, and wondered. Costumes? They seriously couldn't tell a real witch's garb from an imposter's? She raised a finger to question them, but was quickly silenced as one of them brought the topic up himself. In a much more respectful manner than she was expecting, too. The witch smiled out of happy surprise, and tipped her hat to them as they said their brief farewells, "You're too kind.~ I hope you enjoy the party!"
"There's where you're wrong, Miss Angela. Way I figure it, there ain't no such thing as being too kind. And we sure will enjoy the party. What say we go to the Arcade, Tuck? Maybe they got a bowling alley there?"
"Maybe they do. If they got that, and beer, this ain't such a bad party after all."

And so the two rednecks headed in the direction of the Arcade, looking for a bowling alley...

@Archmage Jeremiah @ Whomever #Arcade #Bowling?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Archmage Jeremiah
The hall of jumpscares was where the real test of courage was to be found, but a door labeled as arcade seemed almost too tantalizing to pass up. When was the last time Yuki had played a video game? She wasn't too sure why, now that she was thinking about it.

"I think we should... Oh! ... M-Mii-kun, get behind me. There's someone here."

OQcKTwG.png

Yuki had been marveling at the hall before that woman caught her eye. She had to look up to talk to her, for she was just so tall, though that was not saying much considering how short Yuki was. Her mouth dropped open slightly in awe at this mysterious woman dressed in one of the more intricate examples of cosplay Yuki had ever witnessed.

"I didn't see you in the ballroom..." Yuki pointed a dramatic finger at the costumed woman. "Who are you and what is your reason for being so mysterious?!" She took a few steps forward, inching toward the woman at small increments. Her eyes squinted suspiciously as she used her pointed finger to give the woman a hesitant poke.

"Such an interesting costume you have...!"

@Jeremi @Verite

She cocked her head to the side as she continued to look at Yuki. "Ufufufuf...I'm just a traveler...like you two..." The truth was she didn't quite grasp how she had ended up here. A letter she had found. Her first thought was to destroy it, but for some reason she kept it close to her. Then the mansion...She was brought back from her thoughts by Yuki's second question.

"Interesting...? Well...I suppose that could be...the word." Her clawed hand would reach out towards Yuki. Despite her weaponry missing it would be so easy to...No...the disgusting humans would get theirs. Right now her priority was to leave this place. Nothing more. Her arm pulled back and she forced a smile unto her face. "Aren't you...quaint."

@Verite @Atomyk

P7bzpi2.jpg

Watching Koto as he approached her, Sam smiled behind his mask. From what he could garner she seemed like the average age of a trick r treater! This party was getting better and better by the minute! More and more people who would truly appreciate the holiday and all that entailed kept popping up! But in the meantime, Sam still saw it up to him to add a bit of mischief to the proceedings as he held up his right hand.

Leaning in, he'd flick Koto right in the nose.

"Boop. Heh..."

@Kaykay
Koto was caught a bit off-guard by the sudden flick, but this only prompted a chuckle and a grin from the girl. She quickly raised her own finger and flicked Sam where she figured his nose would be. Couldn't really tell through the sack mask thing, but it seemed like he'd take it well enough.

Ld2jbu8.png

"Heh, you're it!"

@Chewy Rabbits

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
Koto was caught a bit off-guard by the sudden flick, but this only prompted a chuckle and a grin from the girl. She quickly raised her own finger and flicked Sam where she figured his nose would be. Couldn't really tell through the sack mask thing, but it seemed like he'd take it well enough.

Ld2jbu8.png

"Heh, you're it!"

vPzzGpE.jpg

Hahahaha! Children always seemed to get the most fun out of this holiday! Which meant all the more fun for Sam himself! Hiding in the shadows to punish rule-breakers in his intimidating true form had been fun decades ago but it was time to mix things up! Which meant having a little bit of amusement at the expense of others! As Koto flicked him on the center of his mask, Sam paused for a moment. Had he been able to dish out the flicking but not handle it?

Nah, he just wanted to have a little bit of reprieve before he broke out into giggles again!

"Hehehehehehehe!!!! Hahahahaha!"

Letting out laughter which sounded more like a child's than a thousand year spirit, Sam flicked Koto's nose again and this time he wasn't going to stand by while she flicked him! No sir, he was going to make a run for it! Turning around Sam sprinted through the crowd and headed straight for the refreshments. Food of course was something Sam didn't take lightly! After all, he may have been a godling who had little need for nourishment like a mortal would but he LOVED candy as much as the next person!

But not everything was built to last! Certainly not the food on this refreshment stand! Hopping up onto the table where the others had been gathered around, Sam giggled as he ran forward. Kicking trays of food left and right as he went. Even going as far as to toss it into the air because why not? He wanted that girl to chase him and if they were going to run around? Might as well make the most of it!

@Kaykay < 3

@Ringmaster @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @The Wanderer @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @wakely @Yun Lee @york @LuckycoolHawk9

~~~

What had Michael been doing during Sam's sudden outburst of giggling and joyful rampage throughout the mansion?

get

Why he did what he'd always done. Simply turned and stared as events unfolded before his eyes. Even if he wasn't a mute by choice, Michael really didn't know what he'd have to comment on the situation. That thing posing as a child was still a curious mystery to the killer. But he wasn't the thing's guardian. Whatever trouble it got itself into was it's own business not his.

Although, if that ghost showed up again to reprimand them? Then Michael would make damn sure he figured out where she'd taken his knife!

@Hana @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Takumi

"How to leave?" As Sakura repeated Crona's question, she idly picked a cookie up off the table and nibbled on it in thought. "Sorry, but I really have no idea! The invitation did say we'd stick around until they said so, so maybe we just hang out?" Noticing a little girl run to the double doors, she added, "Maybe those doors have an answer? Woah, wait...attached to your back? How does that work?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Ah yes! A healthy diet is the key to a healthy body!" Dan would say, his mouth stuffed with taffy. He wiped his hand on the front of his costume, leaving a pink smudge on one of the jack-o-lantern eyes. "By the way, that is a fantastic costume! Where do you even get contacts like that?"

@Mason Moretti
EqTcO0c.png

"H-Hang out, huh?" Crona questioned, nervously picking at his finger nails. "I-I don't really know how to deal with hanging out. I'm not very good with people. I doubt anyone would want to hang out with me. But umm..." Crona paused, unsure how to explain how Ragnarok "worked" exactly. Before he could reply, the demon sword spoke up himself.

"I'm just a part of Crona, is all. His mother melted me down and put me into Crona's body when he was little." Ragnarok chuckled. "Real crappy parent. She was always experimenting on him and me. Why she would want to put me into the body of a dweeb like Crona is beyond me," he said, licking his lips as his eyes drifted back over to the refreshments table.

"P-Please," Crona mumbled in reply to Ragnarok. "Don't talk about Lady Medusa like that... she wasn't the greatest, but she was my mom, you know?"

@Yun Lee @Refreshments table​

"Well, ya see, Tuck and I, we bought a vacation home. And it was a beaut."
"On the way up there, we see these college kids."
"...one of em ended up being my girlfriend, Allison. Anyway we talked to em a little bit-"
"Cept that didn't go so well. Dale here ain't all that smooth with the ladies. Though he's gotten better."

"Anyway, our first night out we was fishin, and Allison she and her friends were goin swimmin in the lake."
"Well she noticed us, got startled and fell into the lake, smackin' her head pretty good."
"So I dove in and rescued her."
"Anyhow when she come to, she had the wrong idea about me."

"And you had the wrong idea about breakfast."
"It was an honest mistake... we got on the case tryin' to find her friends while she rested up from that knock on her head..."
"...next thing you know, these college kids were killin themselves all over our property."
Tucker+and+dale+vs+evil_4b38b1_5964655.gif
Tucker_f23d77_5964655.gif
"There was the guy who impaled himself on a stick in the new crapper hole..."

"Then there was the guy who was allergic to bees... ran from em so hard he impaled himself too. At the time we thought it was some suicide pact."
"Turn't out that most of em was just dumb. like the guy who threw himself at Tuck while he was unawares and ended up in the wood chipper while it was goin."

"One of em though, this guy was just evil. Threatened to shoot my dog. He's the one who took my finger so's I had to get a new one."
"I beat em off though, eventually. Dale was in too bad a way after the bees and losin a finger and all that. But he got away in the forest. The house blew up due to an unfortunate moonshine explosion..."
"That ain't all of it neither. Them's just the highlights. As it were."
"Yup."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Ringmaster @ whomever #Refreshments

vPzzGpE.jpg

Hahahaha! Children always seemed to get the most fun out of this holiday! Which meant all the more fun for Sam himself! Hiding in the shadows to punish rule-breakers in his intimidating true form had been fun decades ago but it was time to mix things up! Which meant having a little bit of amusement at the expense of others! As Koto flicked him on the center of his mask, Sam paused for a moment. Had he been able to dish out the flicking but not handle it?

Nah, he just wanted to have a little bit of reprieve before he broke out into giggles again!

"Hehehehehehehe!!!! Hahahahaha!"

Letting out laughter which sounded more like a child's than a thousand year spirit, Sam flicked Koto's nose again and this time he wasn't going to stand by while she flicked him! No sir, he was going to make a run for it! Turning around Sam sprinted through the crowd and headed straight for the refreshments. Food of course was something Sam didn't take lightly! After all, he may have been a godling who had little need for nourishment like a mortal would but he LOVED candy as much as the next person!

But not everything was built to last! Certainly not the food on this refreshment stand! Hopping up onto the table where the others had been gathered around, Sam giggled as he ran forward. Kicking trays of food left and right as he went. Even going as far as to toss it into the air because why not? He wanted that girl to chase him and if they were going to run around? Might as well make the most of it!

@Kaykay < 3

@Ringmaster @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @The Wanderer @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @wakely @Yun Lee @york @LuckycoolHawk9

~~~

What had Michael been doing during Sam's sudden outburst of giggling and joyful rampage throughout the mansion?

get

Why he did what he'd always done. Simply turned and stared as events unfolded before his eyes. Even if he wasn't a mute by choice, Michael really didn't know what he'd have to comment on the situation. That thing posing as a child was still a curious mystery to the killer. But he wasn't the thing's guardian. Whatever trouble it got itself into was it's own business not his.

Although, if that ghost showed up again to reprimand them? Then Michael would make damn sure he figured out where she'd taken his knife!

@Hana @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Takumi

@Michale CS

@The Wanderer @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @wakely @Ringmaster @Yun Lee @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva

@Refreshments Table​

iTkVhfu.png

The few taffies Wilson had eaten were beginning to feel queasy as he quietly listened to the two hillbillies recount, quite casually, their bloody summer activities. He paled and reminded himself that keeping the candies in his stomach was a good goal to maintain right now.​
The pretty blonde woman was no comfort either, apparently. Wilson had glanced up at her after the story, hoping for some kind of reassurance that yes, those two country folk were very sick in the head, but she simply let out a pleasantly attractive laugh and called herself a witch.​
And if all that weren't enough, the refreshments were now quite literally in the air, as a horrifying little sack-child came hurtling down the table, scattering the candies and appetizers at every unlucky soul in the vicinity. A young girl who looked like she should be in school, not at an interdimensional dinner party, was in close pursuit.​
"Alright!" Wilson exclaimed to no one. "I must excuse myself." And so he excused himself from the table and wandered through the ballroom until he noticed some stairs leading down to the bottom floor. If anything said peace and quiet and relative safety, it was definitely a basement in a stranger's mansion.​
He lopped down the stairs.​

In the midst of his conversation, Leon Kennedy noted the oncoming food. There was no danger, there was nothing to indicate anything other than a degree of humiliation would be the most harm.

Despite it, instincts kicked in and he flipped a silver platter, using it as a shield as he stepped between Ada and Valerie. Everyone else were too far or he was confident would be alright.

The Black Knight would step back and away, hand reaching for something only to realize it wouldn't work for whatever reason.

"....Damn."

He said quietly heartfelt before moving out of the vicinity, even as the butler rushed forward in abject sorrow.

"Sir, please!"

The Black Knight shook his head and went downstairs.

@wakely @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @The Wanderer @Michale CS @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Refreshments​

Status
Not open for further replies.