Status
Not open for further replies.
Shirou's attention was finally taken off looking over the side from the bridge as Rin approached him. He glanced up and over at her and offered a small smile in her direction. In all honesty, it was nice to see a familiar face such as hers among all this senseless killing.

"Hey Rin, the night could have been nicer if it weren't for all this Murder Game business." He'd say as he folded his arms and glanced briefly over at where Saber had gotten herself stuck in between two girls in reeally revealing outfits.

"..."

hqdefault.jpg

Eventually dragging his attention away from that scene, he just hoped Saber would be alright. "Oh, yeah it's no problem Rin. I didn't get a chance to inform you of this. But I'd been getting flashes of another Shirou I guess going through stuff similar to what's happening now. So I figured I'd let these guys know what I could discern from those flashes and some of them insisted one me and Saber tagging along. So I guess we're in this whether we want to be or not. But how are you holding up?"

@C.T. @El Tigre! @Crimson Spartan @Verite
Frank waved at Shirou briefly, calling out to him, as well. "The same could be asked of you, boy. You already seem pretty used to this magic stuff, considering how lost you were in the school."

The old man did his best to ignore the image of Shirou's decapitated corpse. Fortunately, healing magic here was apparently quite potent.

@Verite
@TheSpringwoodSlasher
Brushing off the scene Ryuuko and Satsuki were making, assuming that it was just some squabble that came with the territory of a Murder Game, Rin would continue to focus her attention on Shirou, as well as Frank when he would enter the conversation, listening to what he had to say and whatnot.

02a.png

"Eh? Other versions of you?" She blinked, taking it in.

Even though she had never been an official participant of a Murder Game, for all intents and purposes, Rin was very well aware of the concept of the multiverse, and how there was always multiple versions of different people from all sorts of different people and times. Hell, now that she thought about it, looking back, there was that one guy from back in the battle against the Arch Demon that looked suspiciously like Archer.

Hmm... oh, well. Not much she could do about that in any case.

05e.png

"How am I doing? Well... I'm doing fine, I suppose. Still recovering from a... less than pleasing experience," she said, glancing uneasily at Frank and remembering when she had recently turned into a magical girl, complete with cat ears and a tail. No wonder Father had always urged her to stay away from it.

"But other than that, while I could be better, I'm alright. Just wish that the person we have to see to get the best idea of the situation here didn't have to be Kirei... Dunno if you already caught on when I led you to the Church that night, but he always rubbed me the wrong way, even when I was seven. I know Frank thinks the same way, and even someone as nice as you has to get bad vibes from him too. Right, Emiya-kun?"

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

Last edited:
Brushing off the scene Ryuuko and Satsuki were making, assuming that it was just some squabble that came with the territory of a Murder Game, Rin would continue to focus her attention on Shirou, as well as Frank when he would enter the conversation, listening to what he had to say and whatnot.

03g.png

Even though she had never been an official participant of a Murder Game, for all intents and purposes, Rin was very well aware of the concept of the multiverse, and how there was always multiple versions of different people from all sorts of different people and times. Hell, now that she thought about it, looking back, there was that one guy from back in the battle against the Arch Demon that looked suspiciously like Archer.

02ak.png

"How am I doing? Well... I'm doing fine, I suppose. Still recovering from a... less than pleasing experience," she said, glancing uneasily at Frank and remembering when she had recently turned into a magical girl, complete with cat ears and a tail. No wonder Father had always urged her to stay away from it.

"But other than that, while I could be better, I'm alright. Just wish that the person we have to see to get the best idea of the situation here didn't have to be Kirei... Dunno if you already caught on when I led you to the Church that night, but he always rubbed me the wrong way, even when I was seven. I know Frank thinks the same way, and even someone as nice as you has to get bad vibes from him too. Right, Emiya-kun?"

@TheSpringwoodSlasher

Frank snorted. "Rubbed me the wrong way? That's one way to put it. I wanted to put a bullet in his head for a long time." The old man was willing to work with Kotomine, but that wasn't to be mistaken for any sort of trust.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher
@Verite

As Rider released him, the young man couldn't help but stretch his arms to loosen up the muscles in them. He then turned to Rider and gave her a bow of reverence, "Thank you, Miss Rider, both for releasing me and protecting Miss Sakura... I hope we can be friends now." In Minato's mind, a friend of Sakura was a friend of his, and especially if they despised Shinji as much as he did.

bqcjWluXV9U3bxFf76heTp5TaIKyUfl3eyfq3bYUUDE

He then turned back to their awful "host", a surreal grin etched on his lips that promised pain and suffering for the boy.

"Let me give you a warning, brat..." His left hand lashed out and took hold of Shinji's collar, holding the boy in place, "If I ever hear of you hurting your sister again... You're going to wish Rider and the Church reached you before I did. A god of death is a mere beck and call from appearing here, my will guiding its actions," Okay, maybe if he had an unloaded gun, that threat would have some real weight to a Persona user. However, the boy surely didn't know the truth of his powers, "and even Thanatos's cleaving will be merciful compared to the hell I will force you to submit to!"

His right hand planted itself heavily into the high schooler's stomach, knocking the boy back as he released his hold on the collar, "You'll have mercy this time, but just remember what I said..."

tumblr_inline_n7swfruXVW1suuiq8.png

His disposition now returned to being disinterested in Shinji, a casual disregard evident in his voice as he turned to the others again, "Miss Illya, Mister Tact, did you find the items we need?"

tumblr_inline_navtwrQEIQ1sfvecc.jpg

"Uh, no," Robin replied with a bit of exasperation at Minato's act. Well, he couldn't exactly complain given his own love for dramatics. He began to look around the room casually, "But it shouldn't take too long."
06a.png

"A-Ah! Let me go! I told you already! If you lay a finger on me, y-you'll re--Agh!" He began to speak, before groaning in pain and falling down when Minato would punch him in the stomach, having become incapacitated more easily than one would think. Looked like he was no longer a threat, assuming he was ever even a threat to begin with by himself.

02c.png

"Items... Are you perhaps referring to the items that would help open the secret passageway?" Rider would inquire somewhat curiously to the others, also completely unconcerned with Shinji now, it seemed.

@The Tactician

Last edited:
06au.png

"A-Ah! Let me go! I told you already! If you lay a finger on me, y-you'll re--Agh!" He began to speak, before groaning in pain and falling down when Minato would punch him in the stomach, having become incapacitated more easily than one would think. Looked like he was no longer a threat, assuming he was ever even a threat to begin with by himself.

01aa.png

"Items... Are you perhaps referring to the items that would help open the secret passageway?" Rider would inquire somewhat curiously to the others, also completely unconcerned with Shinji now, it seemed.

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_ne41nh8L9a1t1wty0.jpg

Robin nodded, "Yes, Miss Rider, we are. Would you happen to know where they are?"

She just smirked as the punch was batted away just as she had figured it would. Predictable, my ass. Her other hand, clenching her scissor blade tightly, swung upwards aimed to sweep across and repeat the action to bat Bakuzan right out of her damn hands. Or she would have, were she not knocked right back onto her butt by Saber. "Oi what the hell--" She started, leaping right back up into standing and ready to resume, just speed around the interference when Saber's statement echoed across.

"..." She bowed her head, looking away and feeling like a damn stupid kid.

tumblr_mz7m3rlX6S1scnz4qo1_400.gif

"Yeah, okay. You're right." She replied. "Sure as hell don't want that. I won't rise to Kiryuin's bait for now." She glared at the other Kamui user, raising her red scissor blade to point at her. "But I will be keeping an eye on you, Satsuki. And if you actually turn out to be one of the traitors...I'm taking you out. Permanently." With that made clear, she calmed down and let Senketsu revert to normal, turning back to Saber.

"What did you hit me with?" She asked, ruefully massaging the back of her head.

@El Tigre! @TheSpringwoodSlasher
"I'm glad you've decided to see it my way. Less harm to everyone involved and no net positive for the killers lurking among us." Saber admitted with a relieved sigh as she planted Excalibur into the ground as she placed both hands over the hilt and looked Ryuko over after hearing her threat towards Satsuki.

Saber-excalibur.jpg

"Bold words. I just hope that you aren't aiming this anger towards the wrong person. For in cases like that if you take the ultimate step and turn out to b wrong? You might not forgive yourself and that is not a burden I'd wish to be placed on any of you gathered here. But I'm sure with confidence like that, you'll be a great asset once we find whoever is responsible for this atrocious event." She'd compliment the hot-blooded scissor-blade wielder standing before her before shooting a grateful smirk Lon'qu's way.

"He speaks nothing other than the truth. Although you may not be able to see it, what I struck you with is none other than the legendary blade known as Excalibur. Which was said to have been wielded by none other than King Arthur. The rest I imagine you can deduce for yourself." She'd say turning her attention back towards Ryuko.

@Crimson Spartan @DapperDogman @C.T. @El Tigre!

03g.png

02ak.png

@TheSpringwoodSlasher
fbc481b19d155b2782ecf0f09aedc0af1409425527_large.jpg

"Yeah, it was kind of hard to explain it to the others. But I guess somehow, someway, another version of me participated in past versions of these games. The things I saw in those flashes..Made me all the more eager to find who's behind this and bring them down. So no more people have to die."

"..Oh?" Shirou was admittedly curious as to what could have happened to Rin to cause her to say such a thing. Did it have something to do with these games as well? Or was it something unrelated. He opened his mouth to ask about that very thing before Rin brought up Kirei and the teen tucked his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

"Always try to see the good sides in most people. Even if they're near impossible to find like with someone like Shinji. But something about Kirei always gave off a less than welcoming feeling. Almost like he was wearing a mask to hide his true intentions. That said, if he's got the best source of information on what we need to know about these games than we have to talk to him. It's a tough pill to swallow but just because we've got reasons to be uncomfortable around him doesn't mean we should throw away the chance for the others.
Frank snorted. "Rubbed me the wrong way? That's one way to put it. I wanted to put a bullet in his head for a long time." The old man was willing to work with Kotomine, but that wasn't to be mistaken for any sort of trust.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher
@Verite
images

Shirou was no stranger to Frank. As far as he knew he played himself as Rin's 'guardian' but Shirou had a feeling that there was much to him than that. He'd been there the night he came across Lancer's battle with Archer and Shirou paid the price for being the wrong place in the wrong time. Still, at least they could agree that Kirei didn't exactly give off a positive vibe.

"Don't think I'd go that far. But I share the general gist of what you're saying."

@BarrenThin @Verite

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: C.T.
tumblr_inline_ne41nh8L9a1t1wty0.jpg

Robin nodded, "Yes, Miss Rider, we are. Would you happen to know where they are?"
01a.png

"I... might," Rider said, digging into a pocket and pulling out what appeared to be metallic gears, likely for a certain grandfather clock, "I had stumbled across these in Shinji's room earlier. Perhaps these would be of more use in your hands than in mine. Good luck, allies of Sakura. And I apologize for my handling of you, young man," she spoke in a civil manner, apologizing to Minato, more civilized than one might expect of her appearance.

@The Tactician

Last edited:
03c.png

"I... might," Rider said, digging into a pocket and pulling out what appeared to be metallic gears, likely for a certain grandfather clock, "I had stumbled across these in Shinji's room earlier. Perhaps these would be of more use in your hands than in mine. Good luck, allies of Sakura. And I apologize for my handling of you, young man," she spoke in a civil manner, apologizing to Minato, more civilized than one might expect of her appearance.

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_n7swgqBDeB1suuiq8.png

"It's quite alright, Miss Rider, I understand. Besides, this definitely makes up for it!" A soft laugh and an expansive smile met Rider's apology, showing there were no hard feelings between the two. Taking the gears from her, he nodded as he returned her sentiments, "And good luck to you. Oh, and if you need help and see a nun with blue hair, tell her you know me and that you're my friend. Ciel will take care of you and Miss Sakura for sure!"

tumblr_inline_ncs1ae7Wiq1t1wty0.jpg

r"Well then, I guess this is it for now. Goodbye and thank you, Rider," Robin was ready to escape the home and return to the main group. Hopefully, Erika would be okay with being smothered with hugs, "Come along, Illya. We now have the key to our freedom!"

"I'm glad you've decided to see it my way. Less harm to everyone involved and no net positive for the killers lurking among us." Saber admitted with a relieved sigh as she planted Excalibur into the ground as she placed both hands over the hilt and looked Ryuko over after hearing her threat towards Satsuki.

Saber-excalibur.jpg

"Bold words. I just hope that you aren't aiming this anger towards the wrong person. For in cases like that if you take the ultimate step and turn out to b wrong? You might not forgive yourself and that is not a burden I'd wish to be placed on any of you gathered here. But I'm sure with confidence like that, you'll be a great asset once we find whoever is responsible for this atrocious event." She'd compliment the hot-blooded scissor-blade wielder standing before her before shooting a grateful smirk Lon'qu's way.

"He speaks nothing other than the truth. Although you may not be able to see it, what I struck you with is none other than the legendary blade known as Excalibur. Which was said to have been wielded by none other than King Arthur. The rest I imagine you can deduce for yourself." She'd say turning her attention back towards Ryuko.

@Crimson Spartan @DapperDogman @C.T. @El Tigre!
"I guess. We might actually need her later. She's a hell of a fighter. Still, would've been nice to beat her face into the ground. I got more than my fair share of bones to pick with her." She dusted herself off, standing fully up. "And yeah, we'll seen when we find him or her or them. Here's hoping I'm back up to my usual strength by then. I feel like I'm hitting like a feather in comparison to before." She cast a glance over at Lon'qu before returning to Saber. "An invisible blade, huh? And not just any blade. The one of English legend...heh. Guess I should feel some honor that it's that blade knocking me on my ass." She hefted her own blade across her shoulders, approaching Saber.

"Just one thing." Her eyes hardened as if about to say not to do that again...and relaxed just as instantly.

tumblr_mz7m3rlX6S1scnz4qo6_400.gif

"Thought King Arthur was supposed to be, you know...a guy."

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre! @Crimson Spartan @DapperDogman

fbc481b19d155b2782ecf0f09aedc0af1409425527_large.jpg

"Yeah, it was kind of hard to explain it to the others. But I guess somehow, someway, another version of me participated in past versions of these games. The things I saw in those flashes..Made me all the more eager to find who's behind this and bring them down. So no more people have to die."

"..Oh?" Shirou was admittedly curious as to what could have happened to Rin to cause her to say such a thing. Did it have something to do with these games as well? Or was it something unrelated. He opened his mouth to ask about that very thing before Rin brought up Kirei and the teen tucked his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

"Always try to see the good sides in most people. Even if they're near impossible to find like with someone like Shinji. But something about Kirei always gave off a less than welcoming feeling. Almost like he was wearing a mask to hide his true intentions. That said, if he's got the best source of information on what we need to know about these games than we have to talk to him. It's a tough pill to swallow but just because we've got reasons to be uncomfortable around him doesn't mean we should throw away the chance for the others.

images

Shirou was no stranger to Frank. As far as he knew he played himself as Rin's 'guardian' but Shirou had a feeling that there was much to him than that. He'd been there the night he came across Lancer's battle with Archer and Shirou paid the price for being the wrong place in the wrong time. Still, at least they could agree that Kirei didn't exactly give off a positive vibe.

"Don't think I'd go that far. But I share the general gist of what you're saying."

@BarrenThin @Verite
"Well, I guess that's true... but you know, you really are way too nice for your own good, Emiya-kun," Rin murmured, "Haven't you ever considered taking a moment to think about yourself? Jeez, with the way you talk, it's almost like you aspire to be some grand champion of justice or something," she continued, as though the thought of such a thing was preposterous.

She never would have imagined she was actually right on the money.

In any case, she had already said her piece on Kotomine. Looked like there was a general agreement on the man.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @BarrenThin

Last edited:
Chapter 2
"Proclamation of War"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far
With the untimely murder of Robin Tact and Minato Arisato, the journey to the Church where Kirei Kotomine awaited was delayed temporarily so that the others could determine the culprit behind the incident. The cause of death was evidently immolation, and the one clue that aided their investigation was a gas lamp on the bridge that had been broken from the inside.

Initially, suspicion rested upon Deoxys, particularly after Erika Furudo and Batter Ushiromiya, but with some swaying from Mikoto Misaka, the public vote had moved over to Pyro by quite a large margin.

Meanwhile, Caren Hortensia still awaits to find her father, unaware that the man she would meet in the Church was precisely the one she was looking for.

And so the story continues here.

01a.png

"Okay, then. That's your final choice?" Rin would ask to confirm after everyone would finish, before nodding, "Alright. I'll use the magical scanning once we get to the Church and we can take a breather. Let's go," she spoke, beginning to walk again towards the Church.

The road wasn't too strenuous. Fuyuki City may be a decently big place, but anything could seem manageable when standing in the center of the place. On the other side of town where the Church was, all one needed to pass by was the familiar Station Front where Caren Hortensia had arrived from, and a strange, eerie Ghost House, where the more observant could indeed sense that it was not in fact, a ghost house.

But perhaps you could go back there later. That is, if you dared.

Besides the night and the deceivingly bright stars and moon out, perhaps what added to the possible sense of dread in the air was the cold, chilling Winter wind. Though one had to wonder how Rin was managing to stay comfortable in the cold despite what she was wearing.

Maybe her thighs really were warm and toasty all year round, as a certain Meira from the Coalition had once suggested and commented on.

0TSmZpU.png

The Church itself was a strange, paradoxical place. Normally, most churches were supposed to give many people, at least, many Christians anyway, a sense of relief and so on. A place other than their home to call home. After all, this was the house of God. This church, like so many others, could only be nothing more than blessed, holy, and sacred, right?

Well, not when it was headed by a man like him. A man like Kirei Kotomine.

A man whose very existence oozed of dread and despair. But hey, he didn't mean any harm. Right? He was here to help like a good priest, right?

... Well, may as well go see and find out.

Upon opening the large doors and leading the large group inside, Rin would sigh, looking around. The room was pretty dark. Though the other rooms around probably had lights on inside, judging from the windows from inside, the main room seemed to be rather devoid of light, as if to symbolize that when such a man was present, there was only darkness, as that was his entire being.

0DJoT8U.png

"Ah. So you've all arrived. Much earlier than I expected, I must say."

Well, in any case, perhaps it was a good thing that he could easily be spotted at the altar in front of the room. Or a very bad thing.

"But perhaps that is one of the purposes of a Murder Game. To keep you on your toes and guessing. After all, a predictable game couldn't be anything more than boring, would it not?" The tall priest at the alter inquired, lighting some of the candles.

His voice was deep and heavy, like the atmosphere his mere presence gave off. Yet it was also calm, cool, and collected, almost betraying the sense of darkness, dread, and uncertainty that seemed to be around every corner in these early stages of the Murder Game.

"Still, it is quite a pity that I am not participating again. I would have liked to go on more valiant misadventures with you again, Mr. Castle and Ms. Furudo," he spoke, calling out Frank and Erika by name as he would turn around, smiling in an almost mockingly benign manner, "A shame young Robin is not here at the moment to accompany us. We had so much to catch up on..."

fJl8OnA.gif

"Welcome, everybody, to my humble abode. It may not be much compared to a luxurious castle or mansion like the Einzbern's or Rin's, but it is enough, I assure you," he spoke, keeping his arms behind his back as he spoke, "If it hasn't all been explained officially to you before, allow me to put it in layman's terms for you to the best of my ability. After all, this sort is phenomena... is not such a layman's one."

And so he took a breath.

"Ever heard of the multiverse theory? It is the scientific theory that out there, there are trillions upon trillions of different worlds that are different than the ones you are familiar with. Some changes are minor, most changes are... quite drastic."

Maybe it was a little weird that a priest who was fluent in magecraft was talking about science, but whatever. Anything goes in the Murder Games.

"This sort of phenomena involves quite a lot of you people, who have originated from different worlds, coming together whether you like it or not, to participate in this Murder Game, as orchestrated by a sinister mastermind for his own devious purposes. One might say it is like a grander version of the ability President Funny Valentine had from the Monokuma Incident, if you recall him, Mr. Castle, Ms. Furudo. He was quite an interesting man, you know. Shame I couldn't keep in touch with him, but at least you two are here in any case."

Still with that weird smile...

"However... for all intents and purposes, the Murder Games should be over by now. With the recent, untimely death of the ultimate mastermind, the Arch Demon, no one else should be able to have the power to create such a deadly, sadistic game, no?" He inquired, "Like somebody had usurped that power by some mysterious means. That mastermind, as far as I know, must be one Fiamma of the Right. A powerful magician from a different world than I who has found that power and stolen it by force from my understanding."

Another breath.

Exposition was more tiring to say aloud than one might think. Possibly moreso than having to listen to all of it in one sitting.

"His world and this world have begun merging on a metaphysical plane because of his abuse of his new ability to travel through different worlds. Effectively, he is the villain that you heroes must defeat, as he has put this Holy Grail War on hold in favor to create his own war. World War III. Simple enough, I would hope so," he spoke, his expression never changing, his tone remaining constant.

"In any case, for now, this place will be your new Sanctuary. Go ahead and explore if you would rather do so than rest. You are welcome to my study and the courtyard, but I would advise against... traversing into the courtyard basement if you know what's good for you," Kotomine continued to say, this time in a slightly more grave manner, though he would quickly return to his more calm one, "You may also traverse through the city if you saw something that caught your eye, though I would also advise against going too far."

"Especially if you know what is good for you. This city is dangerous at night, after all, even if it might seem like there is nothing at all."

With that, he would turn around, tending to his Altar in the meantime.

"And one last thing... I restocked all the wine in the study. Just for you, Gilgamesh."

What a lad.

xWiptMN.png

There were a few more points of interest around. May as well check 'em out while you were waiting for something else to happen in the meantime.

Altar

Study Room

Courtyard

Ghost House from earlier

Once again, enjoy your stay.

Once again, please make sure to bold and underline your choices to make it easier for myself and the co-GMs to detect. Be sure to tag @TheSpringwoodSlasher for the Courtyard and @OrlandoBloomers for the Ghost House.

~CAST LIST~
@Bomb as Ethel and Karin (Fairy Fencer F)
@Gibbons as Gunha Sogiita (Raildex)
@C.T. as Ryuuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
@The Silver Paladin as Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
@Mighty Roman as Hector Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean) and Mister Negative (Marvel Comics)
@Hospes as Reece "Annabel" Duchannes and Ryan Duchannes (Caster Chronicles)
@TheSpringwoodSlasher as Edward "Stubbs" Stubblefield (Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without A Pulse)
@DapperDogman as Ryner Lute (Legend of the Legendary Heroes)
@Gummi Bunnies as Erika Furudo and Battler Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Kori Ni)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@BarrenThin as Frank Castle (Marvel Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Lon'qu and Donny (Fire Emblem)
@Krieg as Maxine Caulfield (Life Is Strange)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Cole (Dragon Age)
@Kaykay as Saiai Kinuhata (Raildex)
@Gen. Gwazi Senpai as Gilgamesh (Type-Moon)
@Jeremi as Borsalino "Kizaru" (One Piece)
@Archwar as Jason (OC)
@Wedge Antilles as Pyro (Marvel Comics)
@The Man Without Fear as Daredevil and Elektra (Marvel Comics)
@Mari as Mari Kurihara (Prison School)
@Nater Taters as Kirby (Kirby)
@El Tigre! as Satsuki Kiryuuin (Kill la Kill)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Eve (Black Cat) and Ilona (OC)
@CCC Kouhai as Bee (Bee and PuppyCat)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Sean Grant and Edispu (OC)
@york as Cinder Fall (RWBY)
@Josh M as Silk (Marvel Comics)
@Thuro The Assassin Potato as Cameron Phillips (Terminator) and Raiden (Metal Gear)
@Saint Guillotine as Furiosa (Mad Max)
@Atomyk as Mikoto Misaka (Raildex) and Sans the Skeleton (Undertale)
@coralprime as Papyrus the Skeleton (Undertale)
@OrlandoBloomers as Celty Sturluson (Durarara!!)

The Dead
@Verite as Illyasviel von Einzbern - DIED! INNOCENT! DEFEATED!
@Shattered♦Secrets™ as Ermac - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@The Tactician as Robin Tact and Minato Arisato - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BURNED TO A CRISP!

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_n7swgqBDeB1suuiq8.png

"It's quite alright, Miss Rider, I understand. Besides, this definitely makes up for it!" A soft laugh and an expansive smile met Rider's apology, showing there were no hard feelings between the two. Taking the gears from her, he nodded as he returned her sentiments, "And good luck to you. Oh, and if you need help and see a nun with blue hair, tell her you know me and that you're my friend. Ciel will take care of you and Miss Sakura for sure!"

tumblr_inline_ncs1ae7Wiq1t1wty0.jpg

"Well then, I guess this is it for now. Goodbye and thank you, Rider," Robin was ready to escape the home and return to the main group. Hopefully, Erika would be okay with being smothered with hugs, "Come along, Illya. We now have the key to our freedom!"
11c.png

"That's good to hear. It appears that we have some good luck on our side finally," Illya nodded with a smile, making her way back to the room with the grandfather clock, putting in the gears, before looking at the inscriptions with the riddles once again.

"Hmm... I forget, what were the answers to these again? Maybe you could do it for us? Hopefully, the arms should be able to move now."

@The Tactician

Last edited:
01bp.png

"That's good to hear. It appears that we have some good luck on our side finally," Illya nodded with a smile, making her way back to the room with the grandfather clock, putting in the gears, before looking at the inscriptions with the riddles once again.

02af.png

"Hmm... I forget, what were the answers to these again? Maybe you could do it for us? Hopefully, the arms should be able to move now."

@The Tactician
tumblr_inline_nal0t4rrFl1s0kint.png

"If you're acting cute so you don't have to do any work, then good work, you've got me wrapped around your finger."

With his compliment paid, Robin got to work, setting the clock first to 6 P.M. then to 12 A.M. "There, that should do it."

Chapter 2
"Proclamation of War"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far
With the untimely murder of Robin Tact and Minato Arisato, the journey to the Church where Kirei Kotomine awaited was delayed temporarily so that the others could determine the culprit behind the incident. The cause of death was evidently immolation, and the one clue that aided their investigation was a gas lamp on the bridge that had been broken from the inside.

Initially, suspicion rested upon Deoxys, particularly after Erika Furudo and Batter Ushiromiya, but with some swaying from Mikoto Misaka, the public vote had moved over to Pyro by quite a large margin.

Meanwhile, Caren Hortensia still awaits to find her father, unaware that the man she would meet in the Church was precisely the one she was looking for.

06b.png

"Okay, then. That's your final choice?" Rin would ask to confirm after everyone would finish, before nodding, "Alright. I'll use the magical scanning once we get to the Church and we can take a breather. Let's go," she spoke, beginning to walk again towards the Church.

The road wasn't too strenuous. Fuyuki City may be a decently big place, but anything could seem manageable when standing in the center of the place. On the other side of town where the Church was, all one needed to pass by was the familiar Station Front where Caren Hortensia had arrived from, and a strange, eerie Ghost House, where the more observant could indeed sense that it was not in fact, a ghost house.

Besides the night and the deceivingly bright stars and moon out, perhaps what added to the possible sense of dread in the air was the cold, chilling Winter wind. Though one had to wonder how Rin was managing to stay comfortable in the cold despite what she was wearing.

Maybe her thighs really were warm and toasty all year round, as a certain Meira from the Coalition had once suggested and commented on.

0TSmZpU.png

The Church itself was a strange, paradoxical place. Normally, most churches were supposed to give many people, at least, many Christians anyway, a sense of relief and so on. A place other than their home to call home. After all, this was the house of God. This church, like so many others, could only be nothing more than blessed, holy, and sacred, right?

A man whose very existence oozed of dread and despair. But hey, he didn't mean any harm. Right? He was here to help like a good priest, right?

Upon opening the large doors and leading the large group inside, Rin would sigh, looking around. The room was pretty dark. Though the other rooms around probably had lights on inside, judging from the windows from inside, the main room seemed to be rather devoid of light, as if to symbolize that when such a man was present, there was only darkness, as that was his entire being.

0DJoT8U.png

Well, in any case, perhaps it was a good thing that he could easily be spotted at the altar in front of the room. Or a very bad thing.

"But perhaps that is one of the purposes of a Murder Game. To keep you on your toes and guessing. After all, a predictable game couldn't be anything more than boring, would it not?" The tall priest at the alter inquired, lighting some of the candles.

His voice was deep and heavy, like the atmosphere his mere presence gave off. Yet it was also calm, cool, and collected, almost betraying the sense of darkness, dread, and uncertainty that seemed to be around every corner in these early stages of the Murder Game.

"Still, it is quite a pity that I am not participating again. I would have liked to go on more valiant misadventures with you again, Mr. Castle and Ms. Furudo," he spoke, calling out Frank and Erika by name as he would turn around, smiling in an almost mockingly benign manner, "A shame young Robin is not here at the moment to accompany us. We had so much to catch up on..."

fJl8OnA.gif

"Welcome, everybody, to my humble abode. It may not be much compared to a luxurious castle or mansion like the Einzbern's or Rin's, but it is enough, I assure you," he spoke, keeping his arms behind his back as he spoke, "If it hasn't all been explained officially to you before, allow me to put it in layman's terms for you to the best of my ability. After all, this sort is phenomena... is not such a layman's one."

And so he took a breath.

"Ever heard of the multiverse theory? It is the scientific theory that out there, there are trillions upon trillions of different worlds that are different than the ones you are familiar with. Some changes are minor, most changes are... quite drastic."

Maybe it was a little weird that a priest who was fluent in magecraft was talking about science, but whatever. Anything goes in the Murder Games.

"This sort of phenomena involves quite a lot of you people, who have originated from different worlds, coming together whether you like it or not, to participate in this Murder Game, as orchestrated by a sinister mastermind for his own devious purposes. One might say it is like a grander version of the ability President Funny Valentine had from the Monokuma Incident, if you recall him, Mr. Castle, Ms. Furudo. He was quite an interesting man, you know. Shame I couldn't keep in touch with him, but at least you two are here in any case."

"However... for all intents and purposes, the Murder Games should be over by now. With the recent, untimely death of the ultimate mastermind, the Arch Demon, no one else should be able to have the power to create such a deadly, sadistic game, no?" He inquired, "Like somebody had usurped that power by some mysterious means. That mastermind, as far as I know, must be one Fiamma of the Right. A powerful magician from a different world than I who has found that power and stolen it by force from my understanding."

Another breath.

Exposition was more tiring to say aloud than one might think. Possibly moreso than having to listen to all of it in one sitting.

"His world and this world have begun merging on a metaphysical plane because of his abuse of his new ability to travel through different worlds. Effectively, he is the villain that you heroes must defeat, as he has put this Holy Grail War on hold in favor to create his own war. World War III. Simple enough, I would hope so," he spoke, his expression never changing, his tone remaining constant.

"In any case, for now, this place will be your new Sanctuary. Go ahead and explore if you would rather do so than rest. You are welcome to my study and the courtyard, but I would advise against... traversing into the courtyard basement if you know what's good for you," Kotomine continued to say, this time in a slightly more grave manner, though he would quickly return to his more calm one, "You may also traverse through the city if you saw something that caught your eye, though I would also advise against going too far."

"Especially if you know what is good for you. This city is dangerous at night, after all, even if it might seem like there is nothing at all."

"And one last thing... I restocked all the wine in the study. Just for you, Gilgamesh."

What a lad.

xWiptMN.png

There were a few more points of interest around. May as well check 'em out while you were waiting for something else to happen in the meantime.

Altar

Study Room

Courtyard

Ghost House from earlier

Once again, please make sure to bold and underline your choices to make it easier for myself and the co-GMs to detect. Be sure to tag @TheSpringwoodSlasher for the Courtyard and @OrlandoBloomers for the Ghost House.

~CAST LIST~
@Mighty Roman as Hector Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean) and Mister Negative (Marvel Comics)
@TheSpringwoodSlasher as Edward "Stubbs" Stubblefield (Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without A Pulse)
@Archwar as Jason (OC)
@Thuro The Assassin Potato as Cameron Phillips (Terminator) and Raiden (Metal Gear)

The Dead
@The Tactician as Robin Tact and Minato Arisato - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BURNED TO A CRISP!

Percy and Annabeth sat down in a pew. They weren't used to a Church, being the Children of Greek Gods and all. Annabeth opened her laptop, and typed a few things into it. "Mari, we went to the place we wanted to go, so you should pick where we got his time." Annabeth said. Percy finished the bottle of water, and tossed it behind him into a trash can. He opened a Bible just to have something to do.

@Mari @anybody

Chapter 2
"Proclamation of War"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far

06b.png

0TSmZpU.png

0DJoT8U.png

fJl8OnA.gif

And so he took a breath.

Another breath.

What a lad.

xWiptMN.png

Altar

Study Room

Courtyard

Ghost House from earlier

~CAST LIST~
@Archwar as Jason (OC)

The Dead

Frank knew a decent amount of what Kirei was saying already. He nodded in answer to the greeting, and bristled at the mocking remark about Robin. Erika didn't need that. Still, he did his best not to get riled up by its dislike for the priest. Frank hadn't forgotten what he'd done to Rin's father.

At any rate, he looked at Ryan and Kinu expectantly. "Where to?" Frank would keep them safe... but he wasn't their father. He wouldn't control them.

@Verite
@Hospes
@Kaykay

Chapter 2
"Proclamation of War"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far

06b.png

0TSmZpU.png

0DJoT8U.png

fJl8OnA.gif

And so he took a breath.

Another breath.

What a lad.

xWiptMN.png

Altar

Study Room

Courtyard

Ghost House from earlier

~CAST LIST~
@Archwar as Jason (OC)

The Dead
latest

"... so this Fiamma of the Right, this... damn troublemaker... do you happen to know more about this guy?" Battler couldn't help himself but tune in to that detail as he approached Kotomine at the Altar. Not due to personal interest, but for the actual reason that he and Erika were here for the first place. To eliminate the strange anomaly of power before someone in the Metaworld decided to take advantage of it. The Murder Game presence here was unexpected, but Battler knew what he had to get done here, for Ange's sake, for everybody's sake.

On a minor note, Battler felt a tinge of pity for Erika once the comment about Robin came up again. He wasn't sure if this was really her first true love, but he couldn't imagine what kind of distress the detective was holding in her head and not sharing it outwardly as he would usually do in that type of situation.

@Verite

Chapter 2
"Proclamation of War"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far

06b.png

0TSmZpU.png

0DJoT8U.png

fJl8OnA.gif

And so he took a breath.

Another breath.

What a lad.

xWiptMN.png

Altar

Study Room

Courtyard

Ghost House from earlier

~CAST LIST~
@Archwar as Jason (OC)

The Dead

"..."

tumblr_inline_nf3c59tBTu1t1fn0p.gif

Yup... Ryan was totally lost.... Again. She recognized a few of the words Kotomine had used, just because Minato had used them when he had explained the different worlds to her... And immediately, the child's spirits fell again. ..Minato...

@Anybody'causeshitpost​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Chapter 2
"Proclamation of War"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far

06b.png

0TSmZpU.png

0DJoT8U.png

fJl8OnA.gif

And so he took a breath.

Another breath.

What a lad.

xWiptMN.png

Altar

Study Room

Courtyard

Ghost House from earlier

~CAST LIST~
@Archwar as Jason (OC)

The Dead
Now that voting is over, now Ethel gets to stay in a... church?

"Ethel, are you sure you want to stay here?"

"It's ok Karin. Let's go." Ethel responded back.

And so they headed to the study.

@Verite

"..."

tumblr_inline_nf3c59tBTu1t1fn0p.gif

Yup... Ryan was totally lost.... Again. She recognized a few of the words Kotomine had used, just because Minato had used them when he had explained the different worlds to her... And immediately, the child's spirits fell again. ..Minato...

@Anybody'causeshitpost​

Frank crouched down in front of her. "You were all brought here from different places because the big bad guy, Fianma, is up to no good."

@Hospes
@Kaykay

@Wedge Antilles

Approaching Pyro, Rin would clear her throat.

15a_a.png

"Well, I'd rather not do this, considering what I'm about to do is more of an experimental magecraft that hasn't been tested that well, but there isn't any other way. Since everyone thinks you're the culprit, willing or not, I'll have to perform it on you. Don't worry. You won't be harmed in any way by it... hopefully," she said to him, preparing her internal Magic Circuits.

"This shouldn't take too long. If you're not one of the Traitors, not too much will happen, and if you are, this spell will just... purify you or so. Either way, prepare yourself. You may or may not end up seeing some... really weird stuff," she spoke, before preparing to perform the spell and stepping closer to him.

"Versuchen Sie nicht, diese in eine Übersetzung Maschine setzen."

With that, Pyro's vision would go completely white, and it would be as though he had been rendered unconscious.

After a period of time, when he would come to again, John would find himself in what appeared to be a strange dojo. A... tiger dojo.

41-F15-13b-082.jpg

"WELCOME TO THE TIGER DOJO, MAGGOT!" A strange female voice would suddenly screech, as though she were attempting to imitate a military drill sergeant that one would see in a movie or so.

And then she would appear.

01a.png

"YOU'RE IN THE TIGER DOJO NOW, Y'HEAR? WE'RE GONNA SHAPE YOU UP INTO A REAL MAN!" She roared, before suddenly breaking into a cough, as though the loud voice hurt her throat a little, which it kinda did. After clearing her throat, she would continue speaking, albeit this time in a more normal manner.

"Anyway... within this dojo, you may refer to me as Fujimura-dono, or Fuji-dono. Or Sensei. Whichever you prefer," she said, calming down a bit, "Before we start, do you understand why you are here, young man?"

Last edited:
Chapter 2
"Proclamation of War"

Continued from here.

The Story So Far

06b.png

0TSmZpU.png

0DJoT8U.png

fJl8OnA.gif

And so he took a breath.

Another breath.

What a lad.

xWiptMN.png

Altar

Study Room

Courtyard

Ghost House from earlier

~CAST LIST~
@Archwar as Jason (OC)

The Dead
VAR15.png

Erika was intently listening into the explanation that Kotomine was laying out for them all. However, it was hard to tell if she were offended by that comment concerning Robin, her dead serious face never wavering. It may be easy to get Erika off her hook and into an unrelenting rant to enforce her superiority, but it wasn't that easy to get the detective to show much weakness like crying.

latest

"In that case, I'll be off to the study. It may be late, but a detective has to keep their analytic and literary skills up top-notch after all~ That wouldn't be hard if the study was filled with all sorts of mystery novels and what not," Erika's serious expression was soon replaced with that innocent exterior, but of course, literally everything she says in this type of tone sounded almost like a mocking gesture. Turning around on her heel, the detective made her way promptly to the study.

@Bomb @Verite

Status
Not open for further replies.