Murder Game IV: Monokuma Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
She smiles and nods, at a loss for words at your honest display of emotion.

"We're top secret data, so they say," says Frank. "They've got to keep us here. I hear work as an A.I. can open up so many doors for you."

"But," Roxas says. "Just because we're stored here, doesn't mean you can't talk to us whenever you want. No matter what world, no matter what universe, you can reach us. I'll help you find the flesh and blood Roxas, no matter what." He was going to say 'real', but even he doesn't seem to care about that right now.

Leia claps her hands together. "I'm just glad some good could come of all this, you know?"

@Ryu Keiko
Axel tilted his head as he looked at the trio. "Wait what do you mean, they have to keep you here?" He asked softly, his happy light in his eyes slightly dimming. "You mean I can't keep you with me, with this belt thing?" He asked. "Don't tell me that... Not after all this..." he whispered.

@Atomyk

"So I'm now part of some coalition now?" she asked herself softly as she walked down the hall...
Makoto happily leads you. He likes having new people around. The Coalition HQ's halls are not unlike a space station in a sort of sci-fi flick. There's a real lack of color around, with mostly white or beige covering the walls and floors. You pass by a few rooms with open doors-- Mostly uninteresting rooms with monitors and computers beyond your understanding. "You are, but you don't have to stay. It's entirely up to you. While regular members of the two factions don't normally stay here for long, as a member of the coalition, this would be your home." He pauses at the door near the end of the hall and turns to you. "It's a lot to take in. You guys were supposed to take it slow, but that didn't work out obviously."

He steps toward the door, it opening automatically. The room here is very bright, and an odd computer seems to be set up. A camera lens is attached to the computer, likely indicating that it's a camera of sorts. "I should mention that some coalition members fight from their home worlds, though obviously their resources and duties are limited there."

@Mari

Last edited:
Axel tilted his head as he looked at the trio. "Wait what do you mean, they have to keep you here?" He asked softly, his happy light in his eyes slightly dimming. "You mean I can't keep you with me, with this belt thing?" He asked. "Don't tell me that... Not after all this..." he whispered.
Roxas stares at you for a moment, before sighing. "No, I won't technically be with you. It's just a means of communicating with us. I'm sorry, Axel."

Leia frowns. "I'm sorry, too. I tried really hard to talk them into it, but it took a lot of talking just to get them out of the simulation."

@Ryu Keiko

Makoto happily leads you. He likes having new people around. The Coalition HQ's halls are not unlike a space station in a sort of sci-fi flick. There's a real lack of color around, with mostly white or beige covering the walls and floors. You pass by a few rooms with open doors-- Mostly uninteresting rooms with monitors and computers beyond your understanding. "You are, but you don't have to stay. It's entirely up to you. While regular members of the two factions don't normally stay here for long, as a member of the coalition, this would be your home." He pauses at the door near the end of the hall and turns to you. "It's a lot to take in. You guys were supposed to take it slow, but that didn't work out obviously."

He steps toward the door, it opening automatically. The room here is very bright, and an odd computer seems to be set up. A camera lens is attached to the computer, likely indicating that it's a camera of sorts. "I should mention that some coalition members fight from their home worlds, though obviously their resources and duties are limited there."

@Mari
"Wonderful!" Bayonetta says after receiving the ID.

"Now, with all this talk of coalition and wars and all, I just need a few moments to think of it all."

tumblr_lu1zcaVO8j1r2c5cto2_r2_500.gif

"Oh, and of course a drink. You'll know where to find me."

@Atomyk

OOC: it's bedtime here, will be back tomorrow :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Atomyk
"Oh, and of course a drink. You'll know where to find me."
Makoto's not quite the drinker, but he nods and smiles anyway. "Sure. See you later."

Rex smiled as he looked upon the faces of the others, hidden to all but Makoto and Arya by his powers. Speaking to his young partner after parting ways with Bayonetta, a smile on his face. "She's rather attractive, and she has style, though she's a bit young for me, of course, everyone's young when you're nearly 6,000. Beheaded in my world, blown up when I got resurrected into another, and then put back together to serve Aki before turning on him after the Tesla-Arc drove him mad with power. I've lived and relived a thousand lifetimes in these short millenia, and I've done many things I have come to regret, yet forming G.O.R.E. was not one of them, and neither was forging this alliance."

Looking to a small screen on his left wrist, he pressed it, making it enlarge in front of him, the picture of a man with curly hair and a green tunic laying in a pool of blood stretched across it, his smile quickly fading as he gave a sullen look to Makoto, his eyes showing a sad look as he spoke.
"Mako, Sam's dead. I think you know what this means."

Last edited:
Reactions: Mari
Robin laughed when he saw the embarrassed Erika try to ask him out. The confident and determined detective couldn't ask her lover to follow her home to meet the parents. However, that did bring up an important point of what he should. He wanted to follow Erika like he had said in the simulation, but there at the end, he had wanted to join G.O.R.E. and fight the man who had caused all of this.

With a sigh, Robin shook his head, "I'm sorry, Erika, but I can't go yet. Before, it would have just been getting my affairs in order in my home world then I would have come along. Now though... I can't let this fight happen without stepping in. Whatever this Akibahara being truly is, I know I can't let him do this again."

@Gummi Bunnies

Pretty Boy didn't much care for the specifics at this point, he had something much bigger he had to to

Teleporting to be a short distance behind Yang he coughed and fixed his clothes, tapping her on the shoulder and waiting for her to turn around "I-I er...have been meaning to ask for a while...Er Yang...W-Would you er...maybe...wanna go on a...date...some time" he stutters shyy "With me...I mean...ya know...a date...some time...with me...and you...ya know...like...y-you come on a..a date with me...some time"

His whole face bloomed red as he tripped over his words nervously, unused to these kinds of things

'Ugh...I can't even manage a single damn sentence? What on earth is going on with me right now!?'

@ItsToppyTippers

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Continued from here.

EPILOGUE
"Still Breathing"

SOgCdak.png

Now that everyone has voted to spare Jennifer, Monokuma sighs. The light around him begins to grow. "Blame the dumb original programming, but this means I have to tell the lot of you that you passed the test. Congratulations, you're full-fledged coalition members!" Monokuma gets a few blank stares at this and he rolls his eyes, "It's a part of the rules, you thickos! Whatever, I'm sure you are all aware that this particular training montage has failed spectacularly."

The bear salutes, disappearing with the shimmering light. The puppet Wendy follows him soon after.

lIXMURj.png

"Everyone, I never got to properly introduce myself. My name is Makoto Naegi. I'd love to talk and explain a few things, but the program is about to shut itself down now that you've won. We'll see you on the other side." Makoto and Darth Rex disappear in a flash of white light, and soon the rest of you start following suit. You feel your bodies being lifted up into the sky and taken into a warm embrace. You feel different sensation caress you-- hot, cold, rough, smooth. Soon, eventually, it feels like you're waking up from a deep sleep. A glass panel above you flips open, and light stabs at your eyes. Someone pulls you out and supports you for a moment until you can get your balance. Thankfully, you don't really need it.

You were only in the machine for three days.

Still with such an ordeal behind you, you all find yourselves in a whirlwind of concern as people in suits touch and prod at you. Some of you are desperate to leave as soon as possible, but unfortunately you seem to be trapped once again by these people. They provide you showers, feed you, though give you as little information as possible while they do so. They at least tell you that you're at the Coalition HQ, wherever that is. You soon learn that not all of you made it out of the machine. Complications from the virus made some of you unrecoverable, even after the scenario was declared cleared. The majority of you made it out, though. A small glimmer of hope, that.

None of you see Jennifer for a while. Some of you probably suspect she was taken away for harboring the virus, despite everything you were told inside the machine. This doesn't seem to be the case however, as when all of you are brought before Makoto Naegi once again, Jennifer is standing beside him, looking noticeably not like a demon of any sort.

TpigdP9.png

"First of all," Makoto says. "I need everyone to hold off on their questions until I've said what I have to say. I'm sorry we've had to be so vague with you since you woke up and I deeply regret the pain you've all been put through, largely because of our own incompetence. How a virus got into our program is something we're still figuring out, but thankfully we got the majority of you out alive." He looks to Jennifer. "And without harboring any demons, I might add." He pauses now, his gaze rolling over each of you. All of you so different and unique. "Whether by necessity or coincidence, you all were potential recruits before you went into the program. Though your memories of that time have been erased, we still consider you all as such. Some of you may get those memories back, some of you may never, but you'll never lose the memories you gained inside the simulation."

A knowing smile passes by his lips. "Considering what you've been through, we're offering you all a variety of choices. You've all passed the test, even if it became something it wasn't supposed to. You may all join the coalition between the Future Foundation and GORE and join in our fight if you so desire. That option will always be available to you. Of course, I would understand if you've had enough with all this, and you may leave right now if you wish. We can return you to your worlds at the exact same time and place you left it, though keep in mind that may not coincide exactly with your missing memories."

"And finally, if neither of those interest you, you can go anywhere you want. We have that power here. We can take you to whatever world and to whatever universe you so desire."

With that, Makoto shrugs his shoulders. "Any questions?"

---

???
"Out of Breath"

cDuycDi.jpg

You've all left, but the program still lingers. From the edges of the simulation, from the data buried deep in the system... an entity emerges. It appears as a shadow that moves across the court room, bathing the room in darkness. Two students never made it out-- The Noob and The Engineer. After you all won and left, these two turned oddly quiet, their faces turning to blank expressions. Their bodies went slack, their weaponry falling from their hands.

The shadow passes over them-- They begin to move. The Ultimate Suckage, quite an odd pair to be sure. Who would ever consider them as recruits? Of course, they never were. The virus that had infected the system had taken the form of an unlikely pair.

The two 'Battlefield Friends' slide together, their bodies turning into tiny particles. The small lights dance around each other before soon converging together, forming a new entity entirely--

v2CnjnB.png

Who knows why he's having a selfie moment. Perhaps he's just feeling good about the latest developments. On his face forms a sly smile.

"The plan is working," he says to no one in particular. Hell, maybe he's saying it you, reader. "Manipulating the system... it couldn't have gone better. No-- more than that. It all went perfectly."

Then, he simply vanishes, and the program shuts down soon after.

pau4tVp.png

---

NOTE: I've given you guys a lot of freedom when it comes to your epilogue! First off, you can have your characters remember the memories that they lost, and said memories can be whatever you want them to be. So, if you want to say you and a rugged pirate got it on in the missing time, go for it! As for the future, your characters can choose to become members of the coalition and fight against the demon threat, or they can just choose to go home! Feel free to have them vacation in new worlds if you want, or even have two people go home together! Hell, you could have your guys stay at the HQ and not actually participate in the war if you so desire. It's entirely up to you!

While this is the epilogue chapter, feel free to continue RPing at the HQ for a time if you want to do some set-up for a particular epilogue.
Jack
Epilogue: The Return Home

Jack woke up first. He was quiet out off shock. 'This whole time I was asleep? This whole time you played me? I imagined the monkey staff?' He keep quiet learning what was suppose to be said he didn't even check on Wuya. He didn't remember everything. He knew bits and pieces from the nightmare. Him being rejected by Wuya. The thought of Chase Young being a zombie. Picking off those who where innocent in hopes to find traitors planning to kill him. He wondered what Wuya remembered he wonder if she knew about Robin but at the same time he didn't care he was ready to see the monks ready to maybe play some video games with them till a new Wu revealed itself. He saw the others not sure what they would do but he looked at his options. "I want to go home." He finally said. "I miss the goof ball and the other monks. I miss being a full evil genius trying to take over the world." With that he checked his pockets and found a strange device it made him think of the IDs from that strange nightmare of a game. He looked at it and found a button that was labeled home strangely enough it had a picture of him and Wuya along with the other monks and Chase. He smiled and pressed it. He waited and soon a light flashed he was gone from that strange world. Would Wuya follow Jack did not know. Did he care well some but he knew she might not return he knew she might try to live alone somewhere else maybe she had given up he was not sure. He looked around at the place he arrived and he was in the middle of a forest. 'Oh right I was after some Wu.' He sighed. 'Oh well.' He looked and soon saw the monks a smile on his face. "Man am I glad to see you. Take the Wu I don't care today. Can I just come back with you guys and play?" The monks looked at Jack confused but accepted.

the-four-young-monks-prot_50fe6468c5fe0-p.jpg

@Everyone

Last edited:
Robin laughed when he saw the embarrassed Erika try to ask him out. The confident and determined detective couldn't ask her lover to follow her home to meet the parents. However, that did bring up an important point of what he should. He wanted to follow Erika like he had said in the simulation, but there at the end, he had wanted to join G.O.R.E. and fight the man who had caused all of this.

With a sigh, Robin shook his head, "I'm sorry, Erika, but I can't go yet. Before, it would have just been getting my affairs in order in my home world then I would have come along. Now though... I can't let this fight happen without stepping in. Whatever this Akibahara being truly is, I know I can't let him do this again."

@Gummi Bunnies
Erika & Dlanor Epilogue
"Miracle"
Part 2​

Despite the answer, Erika didn't seem like it brought her down, but it did take a moment for her to register it into her head. "If that's what you want to do, I'm not stopping you. I can always visit from time to time, or if I can't come to visit, I could write letters to Dlanor for you to read," Erika managed to muster herself together to say this, and she did have her ways on improvising.

"I see that we both have the same mindset on this threat, Robin," Dlanor wasn't surprised by Robin's answer, and towards Erika,"I suppose you would ask Lady Bernkastel or maybe Lady Lambdadelta to assist you with the visiting end on your part, Lady Erika."

"O-Of course Dlanor, you think I'm the one holding all of the transfer Kakeras?" Erika pointed it to her friend, and then turning her attention back to Robin, she knew that for now, it was close to the time where they split ways for now.

"...Sorry if I can't tag along, I just can't see myself as the type to be in a war... and I have a lot of things waiting for me back in my world," Erika scratched the back of her head,"But promise me this. Be... be careful, alright? I don't want to lose you for real..." Before she could even think of preparing to leave, she decided to...

"Oh, and before I forget," Erika had a sly smile on her face, walking up close to Robin and pulling him in for a kiss right on the lips. Closing her eyes and holding the kiss on for a several seconds, the detective wanted to experience this before she would depart for the Metaworld. Take it as a way of her giving a parting gift to her lover.

@The Pimp Tactician

Wuya
Wuya woke up a bit latter after Jack. She listened to the man explain everything. 'We were a piece in your game?' She felt out raged but keep quiet till finally the man was done. She looked seeing Jack had left. 'He must have gone home wasting not time I dought.' She gave a sigh. Wuya remembered much more than Jack. She knew that she had admitted her feelings on not only Chase but Robin as well. She wondered what he planed to do. She had heard Erika ask something about him going with her which Wuya could see happening but he mentioned staying for some fight. She did not care to have another in her way when she planed on taking over the monks world she now knew of others would she try and rule those as well. She deiced to approach that another day after she had achieved her goal on the Wu and ruling the monks and her world. 'Should I go home? Should I stay away for a while?' She wondered not sure what she should do. She found her mirror where she had left it and gave a sigh of relief. Then she made her way to Robin and Erika. "Sorry about all that happened in there. If I knew it was all a game I'm sure the results would have been different." She gave a sigh. "I'm not sure what I'll do now but what do you two plan on might I ask? I believe Jack has already left back for home to cry to his mother of this strange place and she might be saying to him now how it was all a bad dream."

@Atomyk @The Pimp Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone who wants to read.

River's Epilogue Part 1: Beginning of The End
The Reapers Murder Game foreshadowing and Jack Frost

As the last truths behind Monokuma were revealed, River glanced around at the others who slowly began to fade before her eyes. The world before her dissolved and faded in a flash of light that quickly darkened into blackness. Shortly after the blackness enveloped her senses, however, a bright, white light replaced the dark. River's eyes--the eyes of her real body--opened for the first time in three days. She slowly sat up after a glass panel flipped open, feeling weak and sleepy. Someone helped her get up out of the machine and she stood up.

From that point onward, River was separated from the others and unable to leave the HQ for a while. They fed her, took care of her, but also poked and prodded at her with thinks. According to the people who she spoke with, they did those things in order to make sure she was in good health. River wasn't allowed to leave until they could be sure of that.

During the new few days, during her spare time under quarantine, River spent her time documenting what she had learned about Akibahara in a journal. She still couldn't completely remember what had happened before landing in this place, but the memories were slowly returning. She remembered meeting the Coalition before volunteering to go inside the machine in order to look for information on Akibahara. But she still didn't remember anything else. She was sure she would remember in time, but for now she documented everything she had learned in a journal.

After River's quarantine had ended, the first thing she wanted to do was go find Edward. However, the Coalition didn't allow her to see him right away. He was to be under quarantine longer than the others because of the strange things that had happened to his mind while he was in the game. This worried River, but they assured her he was fine. Knowing that, River decided to take care of a couple errands before seeing him again.

First, she wished to say her farewells to the others who had entered the game.

@york "Ruby, I apologize if I seemed to doubt you at the end. You've been a good friend to me and I appreciate your help before. I wish you well in all you do."

@The Pimp Tactician "I appreciate the respect. It is mutual. Good luck in whatever you choose to do next. If you really do intend to join the war, give Akibahara hell for me."

@Mari "Bayonetta, I owe you one. If you ever need help or a friend, I'll be here."

@Josh M. "Cosmo, you've really pissed me off in the past, but in the end you promised to help me with Edward when nobody else cared or even showed me sympathy. I appreciate the gesture, but I believe the Coalition will be able to take care of him from here on out. Thank you."

Other than her few specific goodbyes, River spoke with most of the others before she parted from them. When she was ready, River activated her vortex manipulator--which had been on the body of her real self all along--and time traveled away.

Date: 52nd Century, January 11th 51XX

Time: 1:27pm

Dr. Song sauntered into The Maldovarium with a confident smirk on her face as she approached the table of the man she had been working for. The music in the bar was loud and so was the chatter as usual. Despite the fact it was loud and distracting inside the building, a familiar blue alien still noticed as the confident archaeologist approached him. Without saying a word, River slapped her journal on the table in front of him. The man chucked.

hqdefault.jpg

"It took you a little longer than I expected. You've been gone, what, for a month now?"

"Sweetie, my work is art. Art takes time to accomplish," River replied, folding her arms. "Anyhow, I did what you asked. That journal in front of you is full of information on Akibahara. Now I suggest you fulfill your end of the deal..."

"Relax, Song, you'll get what you came for," Dorium replied. He pulled the journal close to himself, flipping through a few pages of it. "Excellent work. This will be of great help to me. You know, if you're interested, I have another job for you. I'll pay you well to find out information on it. It's a world called The Underground. My sources say that people only go there after they've died. However, not everyone goes there. Only a few select individuals from across the multiverse are chosen by reapers and taken there. They say that the reapers make everyone who is brought there participate in a game. The winners are brought back to life. Curious, isn't it? I'd like to know how these reapers are bringing people back to life. It could be useful for me. What do you say, Song?"

River laughed. "I say no thank you. I'm done doing your work. I have other plans now. I have people waiting on me and I can't very well go dying on them to explore this afterlife world of yours, now can I?"

Dorium frowned. "Suit yourself. Here's your reward." Dorium handed River a small slip of paper on it with the coordinates for the journal he had taken from her. River grinned and kisses the slip of paper before tucking it away.

"Much obliged. Now then, there is one last order of business I have with you," River said, slamming her hands down on the table enough to make Dorium flinch in his seat.

"W-What?!"

"I have a warning to give you. That demon Akibahara, don't pursue him. You will regret it. Armies all across the galaxy are rising up to fight him. I suggest staying clear of him. Or, if you want to get involved, instead of helping him you should join the fight against him. Or at least send some people to join one of the armies."

Dorium chuckled. "I think whatever I do is my own business, Ms. Song. But if I were to send a soldier, I'd go with someone mythological. Ever heard of Jack Frost?" he asked, holding up a small picture of a young man.

hqdefault.jpg

River shook her head. "Can't say that I have. And, I can't say that I care. I have my own business to attend to. So if you'll excuse me..."

River Song turned as if she were about to leave, however, she quickly turned back and grabbed the journal away from Dorium. With a quick motion, she tossed it into a nearby fireplace and laughed.

"Soooooooooooong!" he shouted.

"What have you done?! We had a deal! Guards!"

River let out a giggle and turned to run off, blowing a kiss to Dorium over her shoulder. "If you ever thought I was going to let you have information about a demon, you were dead wrong. Farewell," she said before running off further into the bar.

For a bit of fun, she waited for Dorium's guards to run after her. She cleaned her nails and put on a bit of lipstick while she waited--as if to taunt them. And when they finally approached, River stuck her hands in the air.

"I surrender. Don't hurt me," she said, a playful smile on her lips. When one of the guards moved to approach and arrest her, River quickly pulled her guns from their holsters at her side. She shot the man in front of her and ducked when the others began to fire. Using the body of the man she had first killed as a shield, she targeted the rest--killing them with shots fired faster than the blink of an eye.

"They never learn, do they?" River said to herself with a smirk, pushing the dead body--human sheild--onto the floor before casually brushing herself off.

"That was fun. Now onto my last act of business..."

River moved her hand to the vortex manipulator on her wrist and typed in the coordinates for the coalition again. She teleported back there. It was finally time to go check on Edward. River walked to the room where they had been keeping him, opening the door before stepping in. She closes it behind her and waited.

@Joellie bby, come hither~ ;)​

Rex smiled as he looked upon the faces of the others, hidden to all but Makoto and Arya by his powers. Speaking to his young partner after parting ways with Bayonetta, a smile on his face. "She's rather attractive, and she has style, though she's a bit young for me, of course, everyone's young when you're nearly 6,000. Beheaded in my world, blown up when I got resurrected into another, and then put back together to serve Aki before turning on him after the Tesla-Arc drove him mad with power. I've lived and relived a thousand lifetimes in these short millenia, and I've done many things I have come to regret, yet forming G.O.R.E. was not one of them, and neither was forging this alliance."

Looking to a small screen on his left wrist, he pressed it, making it enlarge in front of him, the picture of a man with curly hair and a green tunic laying in a pool of blood stretched across it, his smile quickly fading as he gave a sullen look to Makoto, his eyes showing a sad look as he spoke.
"Mako, Sam's dead. I think you know what this means."
You don't even know how young you're all making Makoto feel. He's not sure he could ever compare to you, Rex, but he was thankful you both were on the same side. Though the Future Foundation were a small fledgling group compared to G.O.R.E., Makoto felt the coalition was invaluable toward both their goals. He only nods toward you, acknowledging and agreeing with you. It's not until you look down at your wrist watch and frown that Makoto chooses to speak. "Bad news, right?" Bad news was common in this line of work.

Sam's dead. You know what this means. "I know what that implies," Makoto says. "But not what it means. We can't say for sure, not yet." Holding on to that glimmer of hope. Like he'd told the 'students' back in the simulation, Makoto was fond of believing in the positive outcomes. However, there was so many games being played out there, and they could only keep track of so many. One had just gone on under their very roof, even. Who knew how many went unreported? But, that particular one would had been the worst so far. Worst that they were aware of, anyway. The energy levels coming off that single instance were beyond that they had ever seen before, and everyone knew that when it ended, something terrible would result.

"You'll have to inform your group. I'll have to inform mine."

@Caramon Zero

Robin smirked as the kiss ended, feeling as if the Goddess herself had smiled down on him, "I promise I'll survive in one healthy piece and return to you, and trust me, I won't break it, Erika. Besides, with an incentive like what you just gave, I would be a fool if I didn't return to you."

"Oh, Wuya, you're still here. To answer your question, Dlanor and I are joining the army to help fight Akibahara while Erika is returning home. Perhaps the army could use a powerful witch in its ranks," Robin offered.

@Gummi Bunnies @Raven

Continued from here.

EPILOGUE
"Still Breathing"

SOgCdak.png

Now that everyone has voted to spare Jennifer, Monokuma sighs. The light around him begins to grow. "Blame the dumb original programming, but this means I have to tell the lot of you that you passed the test. Congratulations, you're full-fledged coalition members!" Monokuma gets a few blank stares at this and he rolls his eyes, "It's a part of the rules, you thickos! Whatever, I'm sure you are all aware that this particular training montage has failed spectacularly."

The bear salutes, disappearing with the shimmering light. The puppet Wendy follows him soon after.

lIXMURj.png

"Everyone, I never got to properly introduce myself. My name is Makoto Naegi. I'd love to talk and explain a few things, but the program is about to shut itself down now that you've won. We'll see you on the other side." Makoto and Darth Rex disappear in a flash of white light, and soon the rest of you start following suit. You feel your bodies being lifted up into the sky and taken into a warm embrace. You feel different sensation caress you-- hot, cold, rough, smooth. Soon, eventually, it feels like you're waking up from a deep sleep. A glass panel above you flips open, and light stabs at your eyes. Someone pulls you out and supports you for a moment until you can get your balance. Thankfully, you don't really need it.

You were only in the machine for three days.

Still with such an ordeal behind you, you all find yourselves in a whirlwind of concern as people in suits touch and prod at you. Some of you are desperate to leave as soon as possible, but unfortunately you seem to be trapped once again by these people. They provide you showers, feed you, though give you as little information as possible while they do so. They at least tell you that you're at the Coalition HQ, wherever that is. You soon learn that not all of you made it out of the machine. Complications from the virus made some of you unrecoverable, even after the scenario was declared cleared. The majority of you made it out, though. A small glimmer of hope, that.

None of you see Jennifer for a while. Some of you probably suspect she was taken away for harboring the virus, despite everything you were told inside the machine. This doesn't seem to be the case however, as when all of you are brought before Makoto Naegi once again, Jennifer is standing beside him, looking noticeably not like a demon of any sort.

TpigdP9.png

"First of all," Makoto says. "I need everyone to hold off on their questions until I've said what I have to say. I'm sorry we've had to be so vague with you since you woke up and I deeply regret the pain you've all been put through, largely because of our own incompetence. How a virus got into our program is something we're still figuring out, but thankfully we got the majority of you out alive." He looks to Jennifer. "And without harboring any demons, I might add." He pauses now, his gaze rolling over each of you. All of you so different and unique. "Whether by necessity or coincidence, you all were potential recruits before you went into the program. Though your memories of that time have been erased, we still consider you all as such. Some of you may get those memories back, some of you may never, but you'll never lose the memories you gained inside the simulation."

A knowing smile passes by his lips. "Considering what you've been through, we're offering you all a variety of choices. You've all passed the test, even if it became something it wasn't supposed to. You may all join the coalition between the Future Foundation and GORE and join in our fight if you so desire. That option will always be available to you. Of course, I would understand if you've had enough with all this, and you may leave right now if you wish. We can return you to your worlds at the exact same time and place you left it, though keep in mind that may not coincide exactly with your missing memories."

"And finally, if neither of those interest you, you can go anywhere you want. We have that power here. We can take you to whatever world and to whatever universe you so desire."

With that, Makoto shrugs his shoulders. "Any questions?"

---

???
"Out of Breath"

cDuycDi.jpg

You've all left, but the program still lingers. From the edges of the simulation, from the data buried deep in the system... an entity emerges. It appears as a shadow that moves across the court room, bathing the room in darkness. Two students never made it out-- The Noob and The Engineer. After you all won and left, these two turned oddly quiet, their faces turning to blank expressions. Their bodies went slack, their weaponry falling from their hands.

The shadow passes over them-- They begin to move. The Ultimate Suckage, quite an odd pair to be sure. Who would ever consider them as recruits? Of course, they never were. The virus that had infected the system had taken the form of an unlikely pair.

The two 'Battlefield Friends' slide together, their bodies turning into tiny particles. The small lights dance around each other before soon converging together, forming a new entity entirely--

v2CnjnB.png

Who knows why he's having a selfie moment. Perhaps he's just feeling good about the latest developments. On his face forms a sly smile.

"The plan is working," he says to no one in particular. Hell, maybe he's saying it you, reader. "Manipulating the system... it couldn't have gone better. No-- more than that. It all went perfectly."

Then, he simply vanishes, and the program shuts down soon after.

pau4tVp.png

---

NOTE: I've given you guys a lot of freedom when it comes to your epilogue! First off, you can have your characters remember the memories that they lost, and said memories can be whatever you want them to be. So, if you want to say you and a rugged pirate got it on in the missing time, go for it! As for the future, your characters can choose to become members of the coalition and fight against the demon threat, or they can just choose to go home! Feel free to have them vacation in new worlds if you want, or even have two people go home together! Hell, you could have your guys stay at the HQ and not actually participate in the war if you so desire. It's entirely up to you!

While this is the epilogue chapter, feel free to continue RPing at the HQ for a time if you want to do some set-up for a particular epilogue.
So easy came the end of a tantalizing game. Cortana and Chief both felt relief shimmer throughout them as they could finally breathe. Home, finally I we can go home. She thought to herself, however John's attachment to her allowed him to hear her thoughts. The Spartan removed her from the slot in his helmet, she appears and frowns at him. A steady pause came over them for a few seconds before she found the words to ask.

"You're not going back, are you?" Cortana fought to hold in her emotions, her voice cracking with sadness. "Cortana," he responded, "you know what we're up against. They need us."

Her eyes looked as if they were welling. John turned away to save himself from falling to her blunt sorrow. The A.I then gazed up at him, swallowing her pride, and smiled. "Then I'm staying too," she said. He quickly looked back to her, a look of surprise and worry across his face.

"I'm your shield, remember?" She smiled brightly. Her look upon him was enough for him to trust her, raising her over head and placing her back into her slot.

"I am your sword," he replied, stepping beside Makoto.

• Thank You
Reactions: Atomyk
River's Epilogue Part 1: Beginning of The End
The Reapers Murder Game foreshadowing and Jack Frost

As the last truths behind Monokuma were revealed, River glanced around at the others who slowly began to fade before her eyes. The world before her dissolved and faded in a flash of light that quickly darkened into blackness. Shortly after the blackness enveloped her senses, however, a bright, white light replaced the dark. River's eyes--the eyes of her real body--opened for the first time in three days. She slowly sat up after a glass panel flipped open, feeling weak and sleepy. Someone helped her get up out of the machine and she stood up.

From that point onward, River was separated from the others and unable to leave the HQ for a while. They fed her, took care of her, but also poked and prodded at her with thinks. According to the people who she spoke with, they did those things in order to make sure she was in good health. River wasn't allowed to leave until they could be sure of that.

During the new few days, during her spare time under quarantine, River spent her time documenting what she had learned about Akibahara in a journal. She still couldn't completely remember what had happened before landing in this place, but the memories were slowly returning. She remembered meeting the Coalition before volunteering to go inside the machine in order to look for information on Akibahara. But she still didn't remember anything else. She was sure she would remember in time, but for now she documented everything she had learned in a journal.

After River's quarantine had ended, the first thing she wanted to do was go find Edward. However, the Coalition didn't allow her to see him right away. He was to be under quarantine longer than the others because of the strange things that had happened to his mind while he was in the game. This worried River, but they assured her he was fine. Knowing that, River decided to take care of a couple errands before seeing him again.

First, she wished to say her farewells to the others who had entered the game.

@york "Ruby, I apologize if I seemed to doubt you at the end. You've been a good friend to me and I appreciate your help before. I wish you well in all you do."

@The Pimp Tactician "I appreciate the respect. It is mutual. Good luck in whatever you choose to do next. If you really do intend to join the war, give Akibahara hell for me."

@Mari "Bayonetta, I owe you one. If you ever need help or a friend, I'll be here."

@Josh M. "Cosmo, you've really pissed me off in the past, but in the end you promised to help me with Edward when nobody else cared or even showed me sympathy. I appreciate the gesture, but I believe the Coalition will be able to take care of him from here on out. Thank you."

Other than her few specific goodbyes, River spoke with most of the others before she parted from them. When she was ready, River activated her vortex manipulator--which had been on the body of her real self all along--and time traveled away.

Date: 52nd Century, January 11th 51XX

Time: 1:27pm

Dr. Song sauntered into The Maldovarium with a confident smirk on her face as she approached the table of the man she had been working for. The music in the bar was loud and so was the chatter as usual. Despite the fact it was loud and distracting inside the building, a familiar blue alien still noticed as the confident archaeologist approached him. Without saying a word, River slapped her journal on the table in front of him. The man chucked.

hqdefault.jpg

"It took you a little longer than I expected. You've been gone, what, for a month now?"

"Sweetie, my work is art. Art takes time to accomplish," River replied, folding her arms. "Anyhow, I did what you asked. That journal in front of you is full of information on Akibahara. Now I suggest you fulfill your end of the deal..."

"Relax, Song, you'll get what you came for," Dorium replied. He pulled the journal close to himself, flipping through a few pages of it. "Excellent work. This will be of great help to me. You know, if you're interested, I have another job for you. I'll pay you well to find out information on it. It's a world called The Underground. My sources say that people only go there after they've died. However, not everyone goes there. Only a few select individuals from across the multiverse are chosen by reapers and taken there. They say that the reapers make everyone who is brought there participate in a game. The winners are brought back to life. Curious, isn't it? I'd like to know how these reapers are bringing people back to life. It could be useful for me. What do you say, Song?"

River laughed. "I say no thank you. I'm done doing your work. I have other plans now. I have people waiting on me and I can't very well go dying on them to explore this afterlife world of yours, now can I?"

Dorium frowned. "Suit yourself. Here's your reward." Dorium handed River a small slip of paper on it with the coordinates for the journal he had taken from her. River grinned and kisses the slip of paper before tucking it away.

"Much obliged. Now then, there is one last order of business I have with you," River said, slamming her hands down on the table enough to make Dorium flinch in his seat.

"W-What?!"

"I have a warning to give you. That demon Akibahara, don't pursue him. You will regret it. Armies all across the galaxy are rising up to fight him. I suggest staying clear of him. Or, if you want to get involved, instead of helping him you should join the fight against him. Or at least send some people to join one of the armies."

Dorium chuckled. "I think whatever I do is my own business, Ms. Song. But if I were to send a soldier, I'd go with someone mythological. Ever heard of Jack Frost?" he asked, holding up a small picture of a young man.

hqdefault.jpg

River shook her head. "Can't say that I have. And, I can't say that I care. I have my own business to attend to. So if you'll excuse me..."

River Song turned as if she were about to leave, however, she quickly turned back and grabbed the journal away from Dorium. With a quick motion, she tossed it into a nearby fireplace and laughed.

"Soooooooooooong!" he shouted.

"What have you done?! We had a deal! Guards!"

River let out a giggle and turned to run off, blowing a kiss to Dorium over her shoulder. "If you ever thought I was going to let you have information about a demon, you were dead wrong. Farewell," she said before running off further into the bar.

For a bit of fun, she waited for Dorium's guards to run after her. She cleaned her nails and put on a bit of lipstick while she waited--as if to taunt them. And when they finally approached, River stuck her hands in the air.

"I surrender. Don't hurt me," she said, a playful smile on her lips. When one of the guards moved to approach and arrest her, River quickly pulled her guns from their holsters at her side. She shot the man in front of her and ducked when the others began to fire. Using the body of the man she had first killed as a shield, she targeted the rest--killing them with shots fired faster than the blink of an eye.

"They never learn, do they?" River said to herself with a smirk, pushing the dead body--human sheild--onto the floor before casually brushing herself off.

"That was fun. Now onto my last act of business..."

River moved her hand to the vortex manipulator on her wrist and typed in the coordinates for the coalition again. She teleported back there. It was finally time to go check on Edward. River walked to the room where they had been keeping him, opening the door before stepping in. She closes it behind her and waited.

@Joellie bby, come hither~ ;)​
River appeared to be just in time, because just when she arrived, Edward suddenly jumped up, extended his arm with a huge smile and yelled: "WE ARE INSIDE A COMPUTER SIMULATION! HAH!" He stood there, pointing at thin air with a smirk on his face for a few seconds. He looked around and frowned. "... What? Is everyone... Did you already...? Awwww, but I knew it! I figured it out, I was about to..." Edward pouted and kicked the floor a few times. "It's not fair! I love it when I figure things out! Makes me look all smart in front of people... Why'd you have to go and solve it without me?"

Edward let out a long groan and crossed his arms, utterly disappointed. It looked like he didn't even notice River until now. "River!" He turned his head to the woman who had just teleported to him and took big steps toward her. "I swear I knew, you believe me don't you? Of course you do, I'm the Doctor." He smirked. "Anyway... I suppose that's it then. Looks like everything's all figured out. All you need to do now is wipe this lad's memory clean of anything timey wimey and we can be on our way back to the TARDIS. Easy enough, you've got the device, so... Take it away, Pond!" He said, spreading his arms wide open.

So easy came the end of a tantalizing game. Cortana and Chief both felt relief shimmer throughout them as they could finally breathe. Home, finally I we can go home. She thought to herself, however John's attachment to her allowed him to hear her thoughts. The Spartan removed her from the slot in his helmet, she appears and frowns at him. A steady pause came over them for a few seconds before she found the words to ask.

"You're not going back, are you?" Cortana fought to hold in her emotions, her voice cracking with sadness. "Cortana," he responded, "you know what we're up against. They need us."

Her eyes looked as with they were welling. John turned away to save himself from falling to her blunt sorrow. The A.I then gazed up at him, swallowing her pride, and smiled. "Then I'm staying too," she said. He quickly looked back to her, a look of surprise and worry across his face.

"I'm your shield, remember?" She smiled brightly. Her look upon him was enough for him to trust her, raising her over head and placing her back into her slot.

"I am your sword," he replied, stepping beside Makoto.
He nods, grinning up at you. "Thank you. I can't say it won't be difficult. We've suffered more losses than victories, as of late." One didn't even have to look beyond their failed training program for that knowledge. "But like I said before, I choose to believe in us. I believe we'll succeed in the end."

@John-117

Wuya nodded at hearing the groups plans. "Well perhaps." She said taking a pause. "Chase as I have said won't need me. And Jack will be fine with out me for a time. A battle might be a good thing to take my mind off things..." She stated not sure if any of them knew her meaning. "I'm sure the heylin side could get along with out me for a time Hannibal couldn't take over the world thanks to the monks. So my plans can wait a while longer." She continued speaking her thoughts as if deciding what to do. She then gave a evil grin of hers. "A challenge like that sounds like it would be fun. Why not I see no harm done. this Akibahara sounds like those who will face him might need all the help they can get." She then had made a decision. "I think I might join you and Dlanor, Robin." She said finally.

Wuya's smile for her final decision
Snap53.jpg

@The Pimp Tactician @Gummi Bunnies

Wuya
Wuya woke up a bit latter after Jack. She listened to the man explain everything. 'We were a piece in your game?' She felt out raged but keep quiet till finally the man was done. She looked seeing Jack had left. 'He must have gone home wasting not time I dought.' She gave a sigh. Wuya remembered much more than Jack. She knew that she had admitted her feelings on not only Chase but Robin as well. She wondered what he planed to do. She had heard Erika ask something about him going with her which Wuya could see happening but he mentioned staying for some fight. She did not care to have another in her way when she planed on taking over the monks world she now knew of others would she try and rule those as well. She deiced to approach that another day after she had achieved her goal on the Wu and ruling the monks and her world. 'Should I go home? Should I stay away for a while?' She wondered not sure what she should do. She found her mirror where she had left it and gave a sigh of relief. Then she made her way to Robin and Erika. "Sorry about all that happened in there. If I knew it was all a game I'm sure the results would have been different." She gave a sigh. "I'm not sure what I'll do now but what do you two plan on might I ask? I believe Jack has already left back for home to cry to his mother of this strange place and she might be saying to him now how it was all a bad dream."

@Atomyk @The Pimp Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone who wants to read.
Robin smirked as the kiss ended, feeling as if the Goddess herself had smiled down on him, "I promise I'll survive in one healthy piece and return to you, and trust me, I won't break it, Erika. Besides, with an incentive like what you just gave, I would be a fool if I didn't return to you."

"Oh, Wuya, you're still here. To answer your question, Dlanor and I are joining the army to help fight Akibahara while Erika is returning home. Perhaps the army could use a powerful witch in its ranks," Robin offered.

@Gummi Bunnies @Raven
Erika & Dlanor Epilogue
"Miracle"
Part Final

"You better. You still have to meet my friends after all," Erika smiled, completely entrusting him to return her the favor after that kiss... at some point in time. Then she and Dlanor had noticed that Wuya was still here, it was plain obvious that Jack would go home, considering how he was during the end of the game.

"It's your choice, Wuya. ...I take it that there's not much to return to if you decided to go home," Dlanor could tell the inner conflict going on with Wuya at the moment. On the other hand, Erika decided that it was finally time to go, as much as she wanted to prolong this... she knew that she couldn't handle being in a war.

"...so... I'll see you guys later. Who knows? Maybe I'll bring along my friends to visit this place with me," Erika waved goodbye to them, and for a moment, making eye contact with Robin. Then, she went to prepare for her departure back to the Metaworld.
((Dlanor is still around to interact with before the end of her specific epilogue))
@The Pimp Tactician @Raven
<Split Erika & Dlanor Epilogue>

Erika Epilogue
"Endgame"

Some time after the detective's return to the metaworld, it turned out that she had arrived just in time to finish her logic battle against the Endless Sorcerer. Of course, it ended with a tie, as both realized the solutions to their closed room mysteries at the same time (makes you wonder how Erika remembered this entire duel's progress despite her absence). Sadly it turned out that the game had been won in the favor of Battler & Beatrice, and not Bernkastel. It was fine, it was only a game, and that meant there were future games to be done in that stead of rivalry.

"Erika... how come you've been quiet lately..." a fellow Witch of Truth happened to ask. To think that this one would stick around after the game had been over, and that she had turned against the original team that she was supposed to be in.

"Yeahh, you haven't been yourself? What happened?... Did Bernkastel do something to you after the game finished?" another Witch decides to butt into the conversation, but of course, she was also a Witch of Truth like Erika as well.

"...not exactly. I did happen to be a part of a completely different game, and if you guys want, Eva... Ange, I can tell you the whole tale," Erika says to them, wondering if she should tell them. She already spoke of it to Bernkastel and Lambdadelta, so what was the harm of saying it here.

"Oh! A new tale! Oh, tell us Erika! Tell usssss!!" Eva seemed quite excited, as if she were a child in a witch's body.

"...I'm listening," Ange sighed, sitting a bit back against her chair. While it seemed like she didn't care, she was interested...

"Alright! So... um, where should I begin?... Oh! Okay..."

latest

"It all starts off with Dlanor and I waking up in this school building..."

<>

So as Erika shared her new tale of the Monokuma Murder Game with fellow Witches of Truth, Eva-Beatrice and Ange-Beatrice, all seemed well in the realm known as the Metaworld.

...Mostly.

-Erika Epilogue-
End

River appeared to be just in time, because just when she arrived, Edward suddenly jumped up, extended his arm with a huge smile and yelled: "WE ARE INSIDE A COMPUTER SIMULATION! HAH!" He stood there, pointing at thin air with a smirk on his face for a few seconds. He looked around and frowned. "... What? Is everyone... Did you already...? Awwww, but I knew it! I figured it out, I was about to..." Edward pouted and kicked the floor a few times. "It's not fair! I love it when I figure things out! Makes me look all smart in front of people... Why'd you have to go and solve it without me?"

Edward let out a long groan and crossed his arms, utterly disappointed. It looked like he didn't even notice River until now. "River!" He turned his head to the woman who had just teleported to him and took big steps toward her. "I swear I knew, you believe me don't you? Of course you do, I'm the Doctor." He smirked. "Anyway... I suppose that's it then. Looks like everything's all figured out. All you need to do now is wipe this lad's memory clean of anything timey wimey and we can be on our way back to the TARDIS. Easy enough, you've got the device, so... Take it away, Pond!" He said, spreading his arms wide open.
River kept her hands behind her back for a moment, observing him with a frown. She then began talking so much Edward probably couldn't have gotten a word in even if he tried. "Edward, I don't have that device anymore. I built that memory wiping device in a virtual world. Everything I had on me is now gone." She sighed. "The doctors here told me they were going to help you. They said they were sure that the fake memories you had acquired wouldn't carry over into the real world, but if they did that they could fix it. It appears they were bloody liars and fools." She turned her head from him, slightly distraught.

"I could probably rebuild a device to erase your memory, but there's a catch. That's why I wanted you to be in your right mind before deciding what you did. I can erase your memories, but I'd have to erase everything having to do with The Doctor. Including the entire time you've spent with me. So you would have a choice, keep your memories and risk dying while we tried to find a new method to save you, or erase your memories and save your life. It all depends on what you value more. Your life or..." Well, herself. River went quiet for a moment. "I'd choose life if I were you. There are plenty of other blondes out there I could be replaced with. But that life of yours is something you can't replace," she said, reaching out to gently tap his chest with a finger.

@Joellie

Status
Not open for further replies.