Murder Game IV: Monokuma Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Do you want me to send you to him? I do it in a quick manner if you wish," Robin drew his knife, ready to act if the man said yes.

@Atomyk

Jennifer - Forest Shack - Ruby

"We made an oath together," Jennifer explains. "Wendy believed that I had broken it." She looks down, dropping to her knees to read the epitaph. It says nothing of your previous writings, only, "Everlasting. True love. I am yours." The vow.

"She was right, in a way." Jennifer places Brown's dog collar by the chalkboard. "I eventually decided I'd rather make that vow with Brown, than Wendy." She looks up at you. "But it's not over. We need to go back and end this."

@york
Ruby nodded, she blinked for a few moments, holding back a few tears before she looked at Jennifer again, determination shining in her eyes "Let's do this." she said, starting to walk back the way they came. She waited though for Jennifer to follow first.

Robin sighed as he set to work helping the man, "I'm sorry it ends like this for you..."

@Atomyk

@Joellie

River tried to keep an emotionless expression for a moment while she sorted her feelings, but couldn't stop herself from letting out a chuckle when Ed mixed up identity again. She touched the side of his face tenderly for a moment before kissing him. She then wrapped her arms around him before burying her face against his chest. "I can hardly wrap my mind around this. B-But I cannot deny I'm pleased. Now I'll have you and a child by my side. I am the luckiest time traveler alive," she said, smiling.

She was happy, but felt conflicted deep down. What if Edward lost his life permanently from those memories messing up his mind? Or what if she had to erase his memories with the second device she made in order to save him? Then the baby would never know his or her father. And, oh crap, how would The Doctor react if he found out? And what if...

River pulled back, her smile fading from her lips. Her eyes teared up slightly. "Edward, we died again. After you scanned me, we died shortly after. So doesn't that mean... the baby probably died too?" The thought broke her heart, but she didn't want to get excited just yet when what she mentioned was a very likely possibility.
Edward smiled and put his hand on the back of River's head, keeping her close to him, not paying the least bit of attention to what's going on with the Stray Dog and the others. "I don't believe we've lost our lives just yet, miss Song, you look far too beautiful to be dead. Besides, I've seen your corpse hanging from the neck, and yet here you are in my arms. You've died twice, yet you're still alive, I don't believe this is the end, not for any of the three of us."

He seemed pretty confident with what he said, but of course he couldn't really know for sure what he was talking about. "There's a way to find out though." He then said, his voice sounding a lot less like the one of a happy man, but more of a sad and broken one. Ed nodded to River's screwdriver. "I'm curious myself."

In her head, Erika thought to herself, Without love, it cannot be seen...

She didn't seem to be phased that this man would die for his crimes, it was something that she had to see a lot in her line of work... And now, it did make the detective wonder on what and where was left ahead of them from this point.

Edward smiled and put his hand on the back of River's head, keeping her close to him, not paying the least bit of attention to what's going on with the Stray Dog and the others. "I don't believe we've lost our lives just yet, miss Song, you look far too beautiful to be dead. Besides, I've seen your corpse hanging from the neck, and yet here you are in my arms. You've died twice, yet you're still alive, I don't believe this is the end, not for any of the three of us."

He seemed pretty confident with what he said, but of course he couldn't really know for sure what he was talking about. "There's a way to find out though." He then said, his voice sounding a lot less like the one of a happy man, but more of a sad and broken one. Ed nodded to River's screwdriver. "I'm curious myself."
"Your confidence empowers me, but I'm still worried," River replied, taking his hand. She stayed close to him, enjoying the comfort of his presence. "If the child is alive, he or she is lucky to have a father such as yourself. You compliment me often, yet you are quite a wonder yourself. You have me memorized far too often just by being around me. I almost dropped my guns when you walked up a bit ago. Yet, I'm starting not to mind so much..."

When he gestured to her screwdriver, River shook her head. "Why don't we wait before finding out if the child lived or not? This thought of a child, we should put it on hold for now. We'll only be disappointed now if I scan myself and find out it's died. For now, we need to focus on escaping Monokuma's trap and fixing your head. Once we're certain those things are taken care of, we'll try the scan again. And if it's dead..." She sighed, trying to ignore the pang of sadness in her chest. "...we could always make another one?" she suggested in a low, flirty voice. She enjoyed this time talking to Ed, but knew he would have to switch his machine off soon so it didn't wear the battery out.

@Joellie

Continued from here.

CHAPTER EIGHT DEAD END
"Stray Dog's Lament and the Final Questions"

Stray Dog, Gregory Wilson, cries, allowing himself to be consumed by your attacks. He looks to the forest as he seems to melt away. Not by the fire, but by a shimmering light. The children, the Red Crayon Aristocrats disappear along with him, the bright lights converging and flying into the night sky. Jennifer and Ruby arrive in time to see the end of the scene. Jennifer puts a hand over her heart as she watches them go. Soon, everything is still, and there is total silence.

Jennifer moves forward. "Stray Dog was a man who'd lost his only son. He found me in the wreck of an airship, and took care of me. But... he called me Joshua, and so, when I met Wendy one day in the forest, she came to believe I was a boy named Joshua. I gave her my bear and she named it Joshua... we made a vow to always be together, and Wendy meant it, even when she learned I wasn't her 'Prince'."

There's a rumble in the bushes and Jennifer looks that way. "I found Brown as a puppy and took care of him, but Wendy got jealous. We'd made our society-- the Red Crayon Aristocrats. Wendy was the Princess, so she told them to shun me in response. I wouldn't give up Brown, so--"

Out of the bushes comes Wendy once again. In her hands is the Monokuma colored teddy bear. Jennifer glares at her. "She dressed up as Mr. Wilson's son, Joshua, and told him to kill the other children. He ended up killing Wendy as well when he learned she wasn't his son. The man killed himself before I became a victim as well. But Wendy regretted her choices. She knew what she did was wrong before she had died."

"Whatever stands before us now, it's not my memory of Wendy. It's not her that's angry with me-- It's that bear!"

The Monokuma teddy bear hops out of Wendy's hands, growing to his regular size.

7C2nF1r.png

"You got me! Our poor Unlucky Student saw through my ruse!" He jumps back into Wendy's arms.

ujKJc6H.png

"We had a few technical difficulties due to this girl's big fat head and her big fat memories getting in the way! But, you know, if you guys really thought about it, this would probably provide a clue as to what's going on. But I bet you're all still lost! My poor, dumb students..."

The orphanage begins to collapse. Thankfully, as the fight was brought to the area where you all started in, you're all in the same place. The night sky begins disappearing and the forest begins to change shape. Eventually, a circular room of stone surrounds you all, forming what is the final court room.

cDuycDi.jpg

There's a podium for all one thousand of you! Or at least, it feels like there is a thousand of you these days. The walls move in and out for no real reason other that to look interesting.

Wendy holds Monokuma and takes a place behind one of the podiums. "Answer me this," he says. "What could this final trial be about?"

Leia is here, as is Frank West and Nick, thankfully back to his normal age. Jennifer takes her place at a podium. "Why did you bring us here?" she asks.

"Right, I was going to tell you guys that, wasn't I? Let's put it all out there then-- This final trial is why you guys are here. It is the culmination of the events that you have all slogged through! If you want answers, you all must work for those answers. The answers are why you are here. Use your brains for once and find that answer that has eluded you all this time!" He giggles. "But let's make this a bit organized. shall we? You can all go back home, alive, if you answer three simple questions."

"Number One, Where are you?"

"Number Two, Why are you here?"

"Number Three, Who's to blame?"

"And so, let's start with number one!" Monokuma looks expectantly toward Leia, who takes a moment to realize he's waiting on her.

"Uhh, Jennifer said something about being inside her memories...?"

Monokuma makes a noise indicating a buzzer. "Wrong! But it's a part of the mystery isn't it? Specifically, what you all must answer is... Where is the school located? The city? The resort? Where are we now in relation to those places?"

The discussion begins.

Continued here.

Cast List:

@Akibahara as The Noob and The Engineer (Battlefield Friends)
@Joellie as Edward Kenway (Assassin's Creed)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Risa Megan Ward and Connor Lassiter (Unwind)
@TheColourlessRainbow as Ley von Crimson River and Rufus Wilde (Grand Chase)
@Ziogen as Revya and Gig (Soul Nomad)
@Dallas as Don "Wardaddy" Collier (Fury)
@Verite as Kirei Kotomine (Fate/stay night)
@york as Ruby Rose (RWBY)
@Zadok shadows as Zane Bowerstone (Fable)
@Krieg as Arya Stark (A Song of Ice and Fire)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as River Song (Doctor Who)
@MrDubWubs as Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)
@Raven as Wuya and Jack Spicer (Xiaolin Showdown)
@DapperDogman as Intersection's Pretty Boy (Undying Love)
@Chello as Loki Laufeyson (Thor)
@Nassione as Korra (The Legend of Korra)
@Conrad Norwood as Robin (Fire Emblem)
@Xibilation as Elizabeth Swann-Turner (Pirates of the Caribbean)
@Reaper Jack as Lilia Kjaernestejd (Innocentius Luna)
@Gummi Bunnies as Erika Furudo and Dlanor A. Knox (Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Chiru)
@ChemicalLove as Adain Lee (Original Character)
@KayThePilotChapter as Hanzou Urushihara (The Devil Is A Part-Timer!)
@SirDerpingtonIV as Sandor Clegane (A Song Of Ice And Fire)
@penguin055 as Lyle Dylandy (Gundam 00)
@Nim as Yuno Gasai (Mirai Nikki)
@ShadowPrime as Sting Eucliffe and Lector (Fairy Tale)
@Kirah as William "Billy" Borden (Dresden Files)
@Thuro Pendragon as Desmond Miles (Assassin's Creed)
@SuperChocoMilk as Zer0 (Borderlands)
@ItsToppyTippers as Yang Xiao Long (RWBY)
@Jeremi as Funny Valentine (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
@HelloBeautifulChild as Oz and Willow Rosenburg (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
@Ryu Keiko as Axel (Kingdom Hearts)
@Mari as Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
@ElBell as Anastasia Saunders (Original Character)
@kittyluna45 as Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Chung Seiker (Elsword)
@Josh M as Cosmo (Guardians of the Galaxy)
@Crazy 8 Nate as Jean Kirstein (Attack on Titan)
@TheColourlessRainbow as Morrigan and Abelas Adahle (Dragon Age)
@Hazard as D (Vampire Hunter D)
@John-117 as John-117 (Halo)
@BarrenThin as Frank Castle (Marvel Comics)
@El Presidente as Ratchet (Ratchet and Clank)
@penguin055 as Sergeant Keroro and Corporal Giroro (Seargent Frog)
@Iowan Corn as Hercule Poirot (Agatha Christie Novels)
@CrossingCassie as Lucy (Elfen Lied)
@The Gil as John Constantine (Hellblazer)
@Bubba Koji as Yō Hinomura (Crying Freeman)

@Atomyk as Jennifer (Rule of Rose)

Last edited:
"We're in another world than our own of course. That's the simple answer," Robin threw out, wanting to start the discussion up.

"We're in another world than our own of course. That's the simple answer," Robin threw out, wanting to start the discussion up.
Ruby looked towards Robin, frowning a little "It's like we're in many worlds once... So... A Nexus?" she suggested, thinking about this for a moment as she tilted her head.

"Your confidence empowers me, but I'm still worried," River replied, taking his hand. She stayed close to him, enjoying the comfort of his presence. "If the child is alive, he or she is lucky to have a father such as yourself. You compliment me often, yet you are quite a wonder yourself. You have me memorized far too often just by being around me. I almost dropped my guns when you walked up a bit ago. Yet, I'm starting not to mind so much..."

When he gestured to her screwdriver, River shook her head. "Why don't we wait before finding out if the child lived or not? This thought of a child, we should put it on hold for now. We'll only be disappointed now if I scan myself and find out it's died. For now, we need to focus on escaping Monokuma's trap and fixing your head. Once we're certain those things are taken care of, we'll try the scan again. And if it's dead..." She sighed, trying to ignore the pang of sadness in her chest. "...we could always make another one?" she suggested in a low, flirty voice. She enjoyed this time talking to Ed, but knew he would have to switch his machine off soon so it didn't wear the battery out.

@Joellie
Ed kept his arm around River and his hand on her head while she spoke so he wouldn't raise any suspicion. In reality, the Doctor's memories were already back inside Ed's mind, probably because the device was too low or just out of power. When that happened, he had no idea why he had River in his arms, talking about their child being dead. He decided to keep his 'identity' a secret for a little longer and listen to River empty her heart out. Sneaky sneaky Doctor.

However, when River started suggesting they make another baby, his eyes widened a little, and he started stutter a bit. He just felt awkward now. "U-Uhh, you know, maybe we should uh... ahem, t-think about that some more... Arrrrr, m-... matey..." His face was getting redder by the second, and he almost felt glad that something was going on.

Continued from here.

CHAPTER EIGHT DEAD END

Stray Dog, Gregory Wilson, cries, allowing himself to be consumed by your attacks. He looks to the forest as he seems to melt away. Not by the fire, but by a shimmering light. The children, the Red Crayon Aristocrats disappear along with him, the bright lights converging and flying into the night sky. Jennifer and Ruby arrive in time to see the end of the scene. Jennifer puts a hand over her heart as she watches them go. Soon, everything is still, and there is total silence.

Jennifer moves forward. "Stray Dog was a man who'd lost his only son. He found my in the wreck of an airship, and took care of me. But... he called me Joshua, and so, when I met Wendy one day in the forest, she ca,e to believe I was a boy named Joshua. I gave her my bear and she named it Joshua... we made a vow to always be together, and Wendy meant it, even when she learned I wasn't her 'Prince'."

There's a rumble in the bushes and Jennifer looks that way. "I found Brown as a puppy and took care of him, but Wendy got jealous. We'd made our society-- the Red Crayon Aristocrats. Wendy was the Princess, so she told them to shun me in response. I wouldn't give up Brown, so--"

Out of the bushes comes Wendy once again. In her hands is the Monokuma colored teddy bear. Jennifer glares at her. "She dressed up as Mr. Wilson's son, Joshua, and told him to kill the other children. He ended up killing Wendy as well when he learned she wasn't his son. The man killed himself before I became a victim as well. But Wendy regretted her choices. She knew what she did was wrong before she had died."

"Whatever stands before us now, it's not my memory of Wendy. It's not her that's angry with me-- It's that bear!"

7C2nF1r.png

"You got me! Our poor Unlucky Student saw through my ruse!" He jumps back into Wendy's arms.

ujKJc6H.png

"We had a few technical difficulties due to this girl's big fat head and her big fat memories getting in the way! But, you know, if you guys really thought about it, this would probably provide a clue as to what's going on. But I bet you're all still lost! My poor, dumb students..."

The orphanage begins to collapse. Thankfully, as the fight was brought to the area where you all started in, you're all in the same place. The night sky begins disappearing and the forest begins to change shape. Eventually, a circular room of stone surrounds you all, forming what is the final court room.

cDuycDi.jpg

There's a podium for all one thousand of you! Or at least, it feels like there is a thousand of you these days. The walls move in and out for no real reason other that to look interesting.

Wendy holds Monokuma and takes a place behind one of the podiums. "Answer me this," he says. "What could this final trial be about?"

Leia is here, as is Frank West and Nick, thankfully back to his normal age. Jennifer takes her place at a podium. "Why did you bring us here?" she asks.

"Right, I was going to tell you guys that, wasn't I? Let's put it all out there then-- This final trial is why you guys are here. It is the culmination of the events that you have all slogged through! If you want answers, you all must work for those answers. The answers are why you are here. Use your brains for once and find that answer that has eluded you all this time!" He giggles. "But let's make this a bit organized. shall we? You can all go back home, alive, if you answer three simple question."

"And so, let's start with number one!" Monokuma looks expectantly toward Leia, who takes a moment to realize he's waiting on her.

Monokuma makes a noise indicating a buzzer. "Wrong! But it's a part of the mystery isn't it? Specifically, what you all must answer is... Where is the school located? The city? The resort? Where are we now in relation to those places?"

The discussion begins.

Cast List:

@Gummi Bunnies as Erika Furudo and Dlanor A. Knox (Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Chiru)

After all of that happened, he looked back to River with a sort of awkward smile. "Well! Looks like we'll have to talk again some other time." He said, taking River by the shoulders, gently pushing her off of him and then taking a step back, patting her shoulders. "There we go. Now, let's think about these questions. The location of... all of this..." He stared at the sky for a while, clueless. "... Any ideas?"

Continued from here.

CHAPTER EIGHT DEAD END

Jennifer moves forward. "Stray Dog was a man who'd lost his only son. He found my in the wreck of an airship, and took care of me. But... he called me Joshua, and so, when I met Wendy one day in the forest, she ca,e to believe I was a boy named Joshua. I gave her my bear and she named it Joshua... we made a vow to always be together, and Wendy meant it, even when she learned I wasn't her 'Prince'."

7C2nF1r.png

ujKJc6H.png

cDuycDi.jpg

"Right, I was going to tell you guys that, wasn't I? Let's put it all out there then-- This final trial is why you guys are here. It is the culmination of the events that you have all slogged through! If you want answers, you all must work for those answers. The answers are why you are here. Use your brains for once and find that answer that has eluded you all this time!" He giggles. "But let's make this a bit organized. shall we? You can all go back home, alive, if you answer three simple question."

The discussion begins.

Cast List:

"... how interesting," Erika's lips curled up in a smile. Now this was a mystery. Of course, with every mystery, it would require a lot of thinking outside the box, and really, this was something she had been waiting for.

"A nexus? Well, that sounds like one of the solutions to this... let's see," Erika pondered that thought, but then took a moment to think this all out,"...flip the chessboard Erika... think in the shoes of a bystander..." You might want to keep away as Erika was deep in thought.

Ruby looked towards Robin, frowning a little "It's like we're in many worlds once... So... A Nexus?" she suggested, thinking about this for a moment as she tilted her head.
KYEkXqA.png

"And what is a 'Nexus', Ruby? Are you suggesting we could get to whatever world we wanted to from here?"​

Uhhh *Natsu looks around* Imma keep my mouth shut for this one. I don't wanna fuck it up
7C2nF1r.png

"There are no wrong answers! Well, I mean, yes there are, but I won't be punish you for saying any!"

He grins. "Yet."​

KYEkXqA.png

"And what is a 'Nexus', Ruby? Are you suggesting we could get to whatever world we wanted to from here?"​
"A connection between worlds... But, maybe we could... Just not now..." Ruby said, she tried to recall what she had learned in her classes, it was rather hard since she was often distracted and drew rather goofy pictures, this was what she could remember though. Her head was hurting again from all this thinking, but, she had to, otherwise everything might never get answers if she stayed silent.

"We're at a point in space and time where every known universe has converged into one" he says with a cocky smirk "The memories and powers of these people are vastly different, and the worlds they hail from speak tales of vastly different places...the only explanation would be to assume we're in a place where all of them meet"

@Atomyk

KYEkXqA.png

"Interesting ideas! That would explain how Jennifer's memories affected the world around you, but... it's wrong. You're thinking very big, aren't you both?"

@york
@DapperDogman

Ed kept his arm around River and his hand on her head while she spoke so he wouldn't raise any suspicion. In reality, the Doctor's memories were already back inside Ed's mind, probably because the device was too low or just out of power. When that happened, he had no idea why he had River in his arms, talking about their child being dead. He decided to keep his 'identity' a secret for a little longer and listen to River empty her heart out. Sneaky sneaky Doctor.

However, when River started suggesting they make another baby, his eyes widened a little, and he started stutter a bit. He just felt awkward now. "U-Uhh, you know, maybe we should uh... ahem, t-think about that some more... Arrrrr, m-... matey..." His face was getting redder by the second, and he almost felt glad that something was going on.

After all of that happened, he looked back to River with a sort of awkward smile. "Well! Looks like we'll have to talk again some other time." He said, taking River by the shoulders, gently pushing her off of him and then taking a step back, patting her shoulders. "There we go. Now, let's think about these questions. The location of... all of this..." He stared at the sky for a while, clueless. "... Any ideas?"

River realized 'The Doctor' had returned after he stammered his words and seemed so flustered. Sneaky, indeed. She reached up and tugged his ear teasingly. "You, bad, bad, man," River said in her deeper, sexy voice only to further embarrass him. River was so going to do naughty things to him later. Even if he was still stuck in The Doctor's frame of mind. >:) She winked at him afterwards before turning away to look at the trial that was starting. River cleared her throat before raising her voice to speak out to the others...

"I have a suggestion to offer up. Not about the location, but about who may be responsible for this. Does this have anything to do with a demon named Akibahara?" River questioned, placing a hand on her hip and looking out at the others with an intelligent enthusiasm. "I was originally sent to this place to look for information on said being. Before entering the ruins, that name came up a few times. So tell me, does this have to do with anything?"

@Joellie @Atomyk

Status
Not open for further replies.