Murder In The Cityu

"What was your father's name and where was he stationed?" Tom asked before considering Sam's question. "...My parents were both doctors at a planned parenthood clinic."

Sam was not expecting having to answer about his father. He looked away in mock shame, sighing.
"I... I don't remember," he responded, brushing his hair back.
"I don't exactly have the best memory..." he said, looking back up. He studied the mans face for any hints of his intentions, but cops were always hard to crack.
"So... can you tell me a little of what your working on? You work with murders, right? I heard there was a murder the other night. Is it true?"

Tom frowned at him, his suspicion rising, though he didn't press. "Is that so? Well, if you do remember, do tell me."

"As for the cases I work on, I cannot tell you anything. Who did you hear about a murder from?"

Sam smiled kindly, rocking in his seat.
"I'll be sure to tell you," he responded to the first, then to the second he thought quickly about his answer.
"It's a rumor floating around that neighborhood," he responded, skillful in the art of lying.

"Is it now?" Tom frowned slightly, wondering if perhaps they should have been more cautionary to the neighbors... But then, people gossip and were always getting in the way of investigations.

"Well, there is an investigation pending. When they release the information to reporters, I will tell you what I am able to if you're interested."

Sam managed to contain a smug smirk. Tom had just given him all he needed to know the man was working his case.
"Oh, that would be wonderful! Though, could I ask one more question about the case?" he asked, folding his hands, childishly begging the man.

"I reserve the right to not answer it," Tom said, leaning back slightly in his seat to eye Sam with a casual, but stern, questioning gaze. "But ask away."

Sam smiled happily.
"Um, it is about the case, but... do you guys have any suspects?" he asked, acting hopeful.
"I mean, you know... that would be really cool,"

"I would not know, I am not specifically assigned to the case. I am more of a...manager or babysitter for the younger recruits as they work," Tom lied, not even twitching. He had learn very well in his years as a cop that lying could get him out of most trouble and Daniel... Daniel seemed to him to be trouble, for all his "innocent curiousity".

"Oh, that's no fun! No action!" Sam claimed, knowing the man was lying. He chuckled, standing and picking up his cup, taking it to the sink and rinsing it out.
"Well, thank you for telling me all that. I really liked our conversation," he said politely, sitting back down and waving at Shay, a sign to tell him all was well.

"I suppose not," Tom said, shrugging slightly.

Shay smiled widely as they got along seemingly well. He had been prepared to step in, but since his lover wasn't being too big of a jackass, he thought it was going nicely. He finished up the last bits of dinner and started taking out some plots. "Alright boys, dinner is done."

Sam looked up at Shay, thanking him.
"This smells amazing, Shay!" he declared, waiting until the other two started eating before he did as well.

"Thanks! Secret family recipe," Shay grinned at Sam and dropped his voice in a mock whisper, "It's a just a hint of garlic that we add in, but it's supposed to be a secret, so don't tell anyone I told you. Tom always gets mad when I share my recipes." Tom rolled his eyes at his lover as he heard that.

"Stop gossiping like girls and eat," Tom said, tucking into his own food with a level of politeness, but also with lots of silent enthusiasm--if there was one skill Shay possessed that he could talk about it, it would be his cooking.

Sam chuckled, rolling his eyes, but following orders. He ate all that was on his plate before taking it into the kitchen, putting it in the sink since he wasn't sure if the dishwasher was clean or dirty.
"So... do you two mind if I go for a walk?"

"No, no, of course you can go. Just be back soon, alright?" Shay gave him a big smile.

"The door locks at nine o'clock," Tom added, fixing a stare at him for a second before he continued eating.

"Alright, and yes sir," Sam said staring right back until Tom broke eye contact. He checked the clock quickly. Plenty of time. After pulling on his jacket and shoes, he headed out the door. Walking at a brisk pace, he managed to arrive at the house of his next target. There was some police there, but they were parked in a van out of the way. Sam made sure that his walk looked as if he was walking to get in some last minute exercise, turning the corner when the turn came up. At least now he knew that they were possibly onto his case. He'd have to be even more careful now.

"Why were you so mean to him?" Shay glared at Tom as he crossed his arms. Tom frowned at his lover, taking another bite of dinner before answering.

"He is a hoodlum and probably lying about everything. If you can help him, that's great, Shay, but I've worked with these type of people before and they always end up as criminals."

"Not everyone is a criminal, Tom." But his lover simply shook his head and moved to wash off his plate and move back into his office to get more work done. He knew what the type of people who haven't had a proper home turned out to be. He knew that the likely hood of Daniel turning out to be a criminal was much higher than any reform Shay thought he could put him through.

Sam walked back into the house,kicking his shoes off.
"Shay, I'm back!" he called out, going into the living room. He smiled, sitting on the couch and looking around.
"Such a nice home," he said before gasping and jumping up. He walked quickly to his room, smiling at the bird.
"Oh, baby, I'm sorry. I went for a walk and forgot to feed you," he said, pulling the bowl out and filling it, putting it back in.
"So sorry."

"Welcome back!" Shay said, poking his head into Sam's room. "Did you have a nice walk? Do you need anything?"

Sam nodded, turning to the door.
"Yes, my walk was wonderful, thank you. I don't need anything right now, I think I will just turn in for an early night. Good night, Shay," Sam said, smiling softly.