Murder In The Cityu

Shay's expression cleared of confusion and brightened. "Of course he would! He's at work right now, but he should be back this evening. Did you have anyone in particular that needed a home yet? If you do, I wouldn't mind them coming this evening to meet him. He could sign any paperwork and anything then as well." He knew that Tom wouldn't be too happy with him deciding immediately, but the program would be good for him. He dealt with sad cases so often, most especially the murder ones.. If he could help a person, Shay felt that it would maybe make him happier in day to day life, not so haunted.

The woman was a little shocked at the sudden answer.
"Well... yes, actually, we do have someone that could be there. He will stop by with his guardian, and Mr. Strands can sign the paperwork. Thank you for your kind contribution," she said. The talk continue for a few moment longer before ending.

Sam looked over when his cell rang.
"This is Daniel Long speaking." he answered.
"Hello Mr.Long. We believe we have found a home for you to stay in."
"Oh? Alright, what do I have to do?"
"Just wait home and your guardian will be there to pick you up and take you to the new home."
"Okay."

Shay hung up the phone, smiling and calling his lover to inform him. It rang for six or seven times before going to voice mail, so he decided to text him quickly.

Hey, u kno how I tlkd abt that thing? W/the ppl who need homes? U got accptd. Theyll b here tnite! <3 u.

Tom pulled his phone from his pocket as he drove to the last house on the list, reading over the message quickly. The first thing to hit was a slight irritation that his lover still refused to text properly and the next was a bit of anger.

You made the decision without me there? He texted back, frowning when all he got in return was a yes and a few "sorrie"s. He came upon the house a moment later though and didn't have time to dwell on the thought. It's not like he could change something that had already happened, after all.

A couple hours or so went by before "Daniel" was greeted by a knock on the door from his guardian.

Paul went through the houses, explaining to the people what was going on. A few didn't believe him, but said they would be careful. He sighed, returning to the station to write a report for the day so he didn't have to do it later.

Sam had gotten his bags packed with what he would need, put his bird in the cage and smiled. He opened the creaky, almost broken down, door. He smiled kindly, grabbing his bags and walking out.
"So, who's the lucky people?"

Tom met some resistance as well, but eventually get them all to agree to upping security for at least the next two weeks, and went back to the station as well. He met Paul outside with a tired smile. "How'd it go?"

His guardian smiled and helped him with his bags. "Well, it's actually a detective and his partner. Detective Thomason Strands and Shay Jeffrey, if memory serves me. Detective Strands may not be there when we get there, but Mr. Jeffrey will be there to greet you and we can wait for Detective Strands to come and fill out the rest of the paperwork since he'll be your primary contact."

"Detective?" Sam asked. That wasn't expected, but nothing to be done now.
"Okay, neat," he said, taking his bird to the front seat with him.
"How long is the drive?" he asked curiously, buckling his seat belt.

"Yep. A rather decorated detective actually," the guardian said as he put Sam's bags in the back and then slid into the driver's seat. "It should take..Hm... Fifteen minutes or so?" He flashed a kind smile at him.

"Do you have any other questions about the family? I can tell you most of the details except what they'll actually be setting you up with and such. You'll have to talk to the Detective and Mr. Jeffrey about that."

"Oh, good, and yes, I do have a few questions: What kind of detective is he, and do they mind birds?" he asked curiously, sticking his finger in the cage and smiling when the bird tapped him with her beak.

Paul called Tom on his cell quickly, before finishing his report.
"Are you done? Do you want me to type the report up for you?"

"I think he's a violent crime detective. It's all very hush-hush so far, but I know he's working on a case at the moment, according to what his partner said," the guardian smiled at him. "And they don't mind birds at all. Mr. Jeffrey said that they didn't have pets at the moment, but were welcome to it."

Tom answered when he saw who it was. "Yeah, I'm done. I think I need to head home though. Shay got it into his head to help someone "get on track" and I have to be there to sign the papers. Thanks for the help, buddy."

Sam nodded. He had a nagging feeling that this person could be a curse, but it might be helpful to keep an eye on him, just in case he was working on Sam's case.
"Fun," he mused lightly, looking out the window as they entered the neighborhood.

"No problem, see you tomorrow." Paul responded before hanging up, finishing the rest of his work quickly so he could go home.

"Haha, I suppose. Now, I think what Mr. Jeffrey does allows for a lot of time at home, so he'll probably be the one helping you get settled the most." The guardian informed as he began looking at the number on each house, looking for the one to pull into. A small sedan zoomed past them and turned into a driveway just up ahead.

Tom got out of his car and, looking to make sure no other cars were there yet, hurried up to the house. When he got in, Shay was setting out a small snack and some tea and water, humming softly.

"So, when were you going to tell me about this, hm?" Tom said, crossing his arms. Shay gave him a bit of a guilty look back, but didn't have time to say anything as the doorbell rang.

The guardian waited at the door, having pulled in just a moment after Tom when he realized that it was the house he was supposed to drop Sam off at.

Sam stood beside him with his bird cage and a duffle bag while the guardian held his suitcase, which was rather small. He didn't have many items that needed to go with, so he was pretty simple. When the door was opened, he smiled pleasantly at the man, greeting him and walking in when they were welcomed. He put the bird cage beside him on the couch, his bags on the side of the couch.
"I just want to say, thank you for opening your home to me, Mr. Strands and Mr. Jeffrey." he said calmly with a pleasant smile.

Shay had been the one to open the door, figuring that to greet the poor young man who would be in their car with a grump expression wouldn't be good. The guardian shook his hand and smiled. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Jeffrey."

"Oh, thank you. It's nice to meet you as well." He lead both the young man and his guardian in, smiling at how polite he was. Tom stood with his arm crossesd and a stern expression as Shay responded to the man. "Of course! We're happy to help. Please call me Shay though. What's your name?"

Sam held out his hand for Shay to shake.
"I'm Daniel Long, and this is Mari," he said, looking at his bird. The white female squawked at her name, her feathers ruffling slightly.
"So... I just want to ask if there's any rules I need to follow while I stay? I heard that you're a detective, Mr. Strands? Are there any off limit places for me?" he asked curiously, wanting to get as much information on the man. If he had off-limit places, that is likely where he kept case files, and would be the first place to check once Sam had a chance.
"I want to be as little of a burden as I can."

Shay shook his hand, smiling at him. "It's nice to meet you, Daniel. And hello there Mari, would you like a treat? I think I have some poppy seeds. Is it alright if she has poppy seeds?" He cooed at the bird, smiling.

Tom regarded "Daniel" with a sharp gaze. "I am a detective, yes. Stay out of anything that it isn't yours." Shay turned and glared at Tom a bit.

"Tom! Be nice for god's sakes... I'm sorry, he's really grumpy after a day at work. Just stay out of the office, alright?"

Sam smiled, nodding.
"Yes, she does. Thank you," he said, then looked a little taken back by how mean Tom was. He nodded at Shay's answer, smiling and deciding it was best to just talk with him.
"Thank you, I'll be sure to stay away... so, anything else I need to know, or you want to know about me?" he asked curiously, knowing he had the back story of his alias complete and would answer anything.

Shay shook his head a bit. "Not for now, no. We can get to know each other after we get all the paper work signed." He turned to the guardian and smiled.

"Of course, of course. Here ya go." The guardian pulled out the paperwork and handed it over. Shay, continuuing to be the gracious host in light of his lover's bad attitude, gestured for them to sit at the table and have some of the snacks and tea if they wished while he went to go get a pen and the poppy seeds for Mari.

Sam got up and grabbed some of the snacks, smiling happily.
"Very good," he smiled, letting Mari out so she can eat the seeds out of her bowl, out of the small cage. He waited as the paperwork was finished, knowing the detective was very reluctant.
"So, where can I take my bags?" he asked once everything was done.

Shay was very pleased with the young man's good manners and tried repeatedly through the paperwork being filled out to try to drag Tom into conversation, but his lover was having none of that. He had practically slammed the papers into the guardian's arms and ushered him out of the house before going straight to his office.

"Ah.." Shay sighed softly before turning his attention to Sam. "Let me show you. I had the room all set up with a bed, a dresser and a desk. We had an extra computer too, so I just put it in there. We can use it when i help you with a resume and job applications and such." He lead Sam to a mid-sized room with a bed in one corner, a desk in the other, and and dresser and nightstand between them. A nice looking Mac was on the desk, all set up and turned on and everything.

"Wow... the two of you are very kind. Well... you are at least," he chuckled nervously, putting his bags down and sitting on the bed.
"You think he'll be in a better mood later?" he asked, scratching his neck nervously. Most of this was simply an act. He needed to do all he could for these people to trust him, even if it meant he had to practically roll over and let them rub his stomach like a dog.
"Oh, and... is he working on any exciting cases?" Sam asked curiously, acting like an excited spectator rather than someone trying to avoid jail time, at least until he got through the alphabet.