Murder Game III: Welcome to Silent Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long has it been? How long had it been since Shirou Emiya felt like he was in danger? For that matter, how long had it been since the Fifth Holy Grail War? He recalled how empty he had felt, he recalled the hole in his soul that could only be filled up by helping other people. Seeing the smiles on their faces. Wiping away their tears, assuring that there was no need to cry. Being a superhero, a champion of justice. It meant to sacrifice one's own happiness to ensure that the happiness of others will not have to be sacrificed. That was what Shirou lived for. The ideal of a hero. He could clearly recall the promise he had made to Kiritsugu Emiya five years ago under the full moon. The promise to make his dream of a world without conflict come true. He knew it was humanly impossible to achieve such a dream, but even so, it was still a beautiful ideal worth fighting for. In the span of just under two weeks, his life changed completely with the Holy Grail War. He had met new friends that he was glad he had in his life, like Tohsaka and Ilya, but even after the War was over and he had effectively saved the lives of those who might had been negatively affected by the emergence of the Grail, he still felt empty.

He knew being a true hero meant forsaking his own happiness. To put the needs of others first. But this one selfish quest he had embarked on... could it really be helped? Shirou was out to see if the man who had saved him all those years ago really was alive and well, and though he simply reasoned that there was nothing wrong with his actions for now, he still had the aching feeling in the back of his head that he was abandoning everyone on a fool's errand.

But Shirou Emiya will not regret his actions. No matter what. If there was anything that the War had taught him, if there was anything that Kotomine and Saber had taught him, it was that he will fight for his ideals as long as they were needed in this world.

Though initially alarmed once he had encountered the other mysterious people, he sensed no hostility from them, so he calmed down relatively quickly. Judging from the looks on their faces, Shirou observed that they must be here for similar reasons as him. But if that was the case, what kind of place was this? Was this all a scam? Or was this some sort of magical location that is able to resurrect the dead at will?

And then...

He saw him.

The man he was looking for.

The man who saved him.

The man who greatly impacted his life.

Shirou's eyes widened once they saw Kiritsugu Emiya. Too shocked to note how eerily similar he looked to how he did ten years ago, Shirou had to take several breaths to prevent himself from falling down. It was him. It was really him. Right?

"...Kiritsugu..." He could only utter in awe. The same kind of awe he felt when his child self was saved by him in the fire.

@Reaper Jack

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Ellie refused to take a single step into the room. There were situations with flesh-eating dead people she could handle, but this one was too creepy.
"Nope. I'm staying outside." She said, and so she did. Turning her back to the door, she kept watch over the general area, looking to see if anyone approached.
"Aight... I won't be long." Joel said while kneeling down to pick up the flashlight. "This'll come in handy for sure..." He mumbled to himself.
Then suddenly, he heard soft cries of a woman nearby. Being as silent as he could, he carefully started walking toward where the cries were coming from.
"Hello...? Who's there? I can help you, just calm down and tell me where you are."
He kept tracing the sounds all the way to the bathroom and opened the door.
A tall, unidentifiable woman glared up at the Cabin ceiling with bleeding, shrunken eyes as if it were begging to be let out. Blackened flesh hung off the thing's body like ribbons. She stood passively in the dim hallway, your flashlight flickered on and off, as if screaming at you to run the fuck away. The static began-
pt-anna.gif

The static BEGAN BEGAN BEGAN.

It burned red and the static began.

The woman's head began viciously tearing itself to the left and right. And-
tumblr_nagp47W1rB1rp3wg0o2_250.gif

You heard someone breathing behind you. Look back? Y/N?

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Ellie refused to take a single step into the room. There were situations with flesh-eating dead people she could handle, but this one was too creepy.
"Nope. I'm staying outside." She said, and so she did. Turning her back to the door, she kept watch over the general area, looking to see if anyone approached.
"Aight... I won't be long." Joel said while kneeling down to pick up the flashlight. "This'll come in handy for sure..." He mumbled to himself, flipping it on and shining a light into the darkness.
Then suddenly, he heard soft cries of a woman nearby. Being as silent as he could, he carefully started walking toward where the cries were coming from.
"Hello...? Who's there? I can help you, just calm down and tell me where you are."
He kept tracing the sounds all the way to the bathroom and opened the door.
// I promised myself I wouldn't do this...
Meanwhile, Ellie stayed outside, sitting down against the wall of the cabin with a sigh.
She thought about all the people that were with them when they woke up.
She recognized none of them.
Lee got bored and decided to head into the woods. The darkness descended on Lee, but the middle aged Zombie survivor continued tromping through the woods. Eventually coming on a man maybe around his age and a teenage girl investigating a cabin. Lee kept his distance and watched as the man entered the house, but the girl refused to.

Morgan stopped and thought. I don't trust this place, what if someone attacks me? He walked away from the door. He moved the lantern he found off the road around the street. He heard a sound of a boy. But no just any boy, it sounded like his son, Duane. "D-Duane" His moved around in place. Dammit Morgan, it's just an hallucination, you know he's dead, right? Morgan sighed and left back to the road. He saw a forest in the distance. "It may be better to just go through the forest. Morgan had his hand in the air with the lantern. He heard voice's, sounding like a boy and a girl. He walked through the forest seeing a girl maybe in early teens and a man probably in his late 30's. "Hello is someone there?"
Ellie had kept careful eyes around them all the way up to the cabin. She wouldn't admit to herself she was afraid, but she didn't like the situation at all. Joel however was leading the way, walking a couple steps ahead of Ellie. He examined the cabin from a short distance.
"... WOAH! Did you see that? There's a fucking light! A moving light! I'm not going in there, fuck that!"
"Ellie..." Joel kept his eyes fixed on the cabin, and the mysterious light coming from within.
"No way! Creepy forest and creepy cabins and creepy sounds and cr-"
"Ellie! We're goin' in there. We'll be fine." He assured her while stepping to the door and opening it to look inside.
Ellie groaned and followed, keeping a safe distance. "... So? Is it safe...?"

York looks up to see a man, dressed in a rather 'Police style' attire "Detective Francis York Morgan, but you can call me York" he says, showing his own badge and smiling a little "It's good to see I'm not the only one here to investigate this 'Silent Hill' place...unless you're not here to try and figure it out?"

He looked over at the others, he could see a man in a suit of armour, a few people in outfits that didn't look modern at all, he wasn't sure if they were on their way to a party, or a battle, it looked like it could be either way
"Something tells me they're not here to try and figure out this place's secrets"
"Other than you probably no one else originally came here to solve it's mysteries." Sebastian said and then held up the letter he had on him. "This is from my wife supposedly, originally I came here to find out how my dead wife wrote me a letter to come to a place that we had never been to." He added and then took a look around to spot the other people more clearly.

"Looking now at what is going on, seeing all of these strange people tells me more is a foot then my dead wife. Seems if I find the reasoning about this town then i shall find my own answer as well. If it's good with you York, I'd like to work together on this case."

A medium sized car rolled up into a nearby parking lot before the engine shut off and the headlights dimmed. A somewhat well built black male stepped out of the car and looked around. He shut the door to the car, which wasn't anything too fancy. Just a 2008 Nissian Altima. He looked at the car before locking it and walking off. It was his wife's car.

It had been a few years since the outbreak in Atlanta had taken place. The outbreak that threaten to end humanity, the outbreak....that took his wife from him. He sighed as he stuffed his hands into his pockets. He didn't wanna think about that. He was only here though, because of his wife, or so he thought. She visited him a dream dream, telling him to head to them is place. He walked along the freeway when he looked around and saw a group forming. 'Guess I should introduce myself...' he thought as he walked forward.

Kiritsugu's coat flicked out to brush against a woman as she hurried past, his eyes followed her movement as she slowed, seemingly hesitant, the bright whites and blues she wore drawing his perception to her, even though they did not glint, as they would have done in sunlight. He didn't catch her mumbling, but his attention did not leave her, she began to walk away, then stopped again, turning about to gaze at his solemn features and speaking to him in a surprised tone.
It was her, one of the first to be killed before, but brought back through some unspeakable means. No matter, Kiritsugu did not care for the minor details of it all, simply choosing to respond in his usual, neutral, but somehow quietly authoritative tone.
"We have. I am Kiritsugu Emiya, as you know, Elsa. That we know each other means we are both the same individuals who experienced the Crossed incident, or so I would assume. We have some tough times ahead of us again I believe."
"Yeah, I remember you. You're right. We were both from the Crossed experience." Elsa frowned. She hated having to remember that. "What makes you think there are tough times ahead of us? Is it this place?" Elsa glanced around the area. "I've never been here before, but I do have this strange feeling about it... like it's... dangerous," she added.

A tall, unidentifiable woman glared up at the Cabin ceiling with bleeding, shrunken eyes as if it were begging to be let out. Blackened flesh hung off the thing's body like ribbons. She stood passively in the dim hallway, your flashlight flickered on and off, as if screaming at you to run the fuck away. The static began-
pt-anna.gif

The static BEGAN BEGAN BEGAN.

It burned red and the static began.

The woman's head began viciously tearing itself to the left and right. And-
tumblr_nagp47W1rB1rp3wg0o2_250.gif

You heard someone breathing behind you. Look back? Y/N?
Keeping his cool, Joel only took a few steps back when the woman started spazzing out like a crazy person. "What the hell are you..." He said under his breath, just as he heard the breathing behind him.
He didn't hesitate for a second, knowing he might not have long to act. Sending his elbow backwards with full strength, he quickly turned around while doing so to see what was behind him.

Lee got bored and decided to head into the woods. The darkness descended on Lee, but the middle aged Zombie survivor continued tromping through the woods. Eventually coming on a man maybe around his age and a teenage girl investigating a cabin. Lee kept his distance and watched as the man entered the house, but the girl refused to.
Morgan stopped and thought. I don't trust this place, what if someone attacks me? He walked away from the door. He moved the lantern he found off the road around the street. He heard a sound of a boy. But no just any boy, it sounded like his son, Duane. "D-Duane" His moved around in place. Dammit Morgan, it's just an hallucination, you know he's dead, right? Morgan sighed and left back to the road. He saw a forest in the distance. "It may be better to just go through the forest. Morgan had his hand in the air with the lantern. He heard voice's, sounding like a boy and a girl. He walked through the forest seeing a girl maybe in early teens and a man probably in his late 30's. "Hello is someone there?"
Ellie heard a voice and quickly raised her head. Someone was near. She got up and instinctively reached behind her, where she usually kept her gun, only to remind herself it wasn't there. "Fuck..."

Gathering up her courage, Ellie called back out to the voice. "Uh... Hello? Who are you? What do you... want?" She asked. Maybe this man was friendly, but there was an even higher chance he wasn't.

On top of that, out of the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of another man standing a distance away from her. "I'm... I got a gun! Don't do anything stupid!" She called out, holding her hands behind her back.

"Yeah, I remember you. You're right. We were both from the Crossed experience." Elsa frowned. She hated having to remember that. "What makes you think there are tough times ahead of us? Is it this place?" Elsa glanced around the area. "I've never been here before, but I do have this strange feeling about it... like it's... dangerous," she added.
"Because we're here. And that means the same as before."

How long has it been? How long had it been since Shirou Emiya felt like he was in danger? For that matter, how long had it been since the Fifth Holy Grail War? He recalled how empty he had felt, he recalled the hole in his soul that could only be filled up by helping other people. Seeing the smiles on their faces. Wiping away their tears, assuring that there was no need to cry. Being a superhero, a champion of justice. It meant to sacrifice one's own happiness to ensure that the happiness of others will not have to be sacrificed. That was what Shirou lived for. The ideal of a hero. He could clearly recall the promise he had made to Kiritsugu Emiya five years ago under the full moon. The promise to make his dream of a world without conflict come true. He knew it was humanly impossible to achieve such a dream, but even so, it was still a beautiful ideal worth fighting for. In the span of just under two weeks, his life changed completely with the Holy Grail War. He had met new friends that he was glad he had in his life, like Tohsaka and Ilya, but even after the War was over and he had effectively saved the lives of those who might had been negatively affected by the emergence of the Grail, he still felt empty.
He knew being a true hero meant forsaking his own happiness. To put the needs of others first. But this one selfish quest he had embarked on... could it really be helped? Shirou was out to see if the man who had saved him all those years ago really was alive and well, and though he simply reasoned that there was nothing wrong with his actions for now, he still had the aching feeling in the back of his head that he was abandoning everyone on a fool's errand.
But Shirou Emiya will not regret his actions. No matter what. If there was anything that the War had taught him, if there was anything that Kotomine and Saber had taught him, it was that he will fight for his ideals as long as they were needed in this world.
Though initially alarmed once he had encountered the other mysterious people, he sensed no hostility from them, so he calmed down relatively quickly. Judging from the looks on their faces, Shirou observed that they must be here for similar reasons as him. But if that was the case, what kind of place was this? Was this all a scam? Or was this some sort of magical location that is able to resurrect the dead at will?
And then...
He saw him.
The man he was looking for.
The man who saved him.
The man who greatly impacted his life.
Shirou's eyes widened once they saw Kiritsugu Emiya. Too shocked to note how eerily similar he looked to how he did ten years ago, Shirou had to take several breaths to prevent himself from falling down. It was him. It was really him. Right?
"...Kiritsugu..." He could only utter in awe. The same kind of awe he felt when his child self was saved by him in the fire.
"Hmm?"

A voice...a familiar voice, but one he couldn't place, uttering his name as if in awe, perhaps even disbelief, who could possibly fit that profile? Kiritsugu did not know, how could he? He had no means to decipher the situation. He needed more information, visual information. Turning around, hands still in his pockets, he observed a number of people milling about across the tarmac behind him, there, at the front, stood a young man, no older than nineteen at the absolute most, the same age as Kiritsugu had been when he went freelance. Kiritsugu studied him carefully, he was the one who had spoken to him certainly. Wait...those eyes, the brow line, that hair, it could only be...Shirou? An older Shirou, what his adoptive son would one day presumably become. Inwardly he breathed a sigh of relief, at least now he knew that Shirou would grow up strong and healthy, but why was he here? Who was he looking to return to himself?

"I am right in thinking that's you Shirou, correct? I haven't seen you as more than just a boy before, I must say, I'm proud. You look well."

"Other than you probably no one else originally came here to solve it's mysteries." Sebastian said and then held up the letter he had on him. "This is from my wife supposedly, originally I came here to find out how my dead wife wrote me a letter to come to a place that we had never been to." He added and then took a look around to spot the other people more clearly.
"Looking now at what is going on, seeing all of these strange people tells me more is a foot then my dead wife. Seems if I find the reasoning about this town then i shall find my own answer as well. If it's good with you York, I'd like to work together on this case."
"I've always had the strangest cases to look into, and I always came out of it just fine...but this...is different, I don't have any of my guns, and I'm not feelign anything...I think maybe this place is suppressing my connection to the supernatural...I can't feel anything, even though this fog feels unnatural"
Rubbing his head he looks the man up and down, they weren't too dissimilar, even if their aims were worlds apart, they were kindred spirits, they both had police backgrounds, they were both disarmed, and somehow...they both had dead lovers
"Well, while I have no clue how they're doing it, I must admit, these people are making me feel a spark of hope...perhaps they're all here for the same reason?"

Claire - Sebastian/York

Her eyes looked wildly over the crowd of people in an attempt to size them all up. Some of them looked very out of place, a trait that indicated to Claire that she should be wary of them. Others seemed to know each other, or at least were willing to openly introduce themselves despite the strange circumstances. Claire wished she was so lucky. No one immediately jumped out at her as dangerous and some were already starting to wander away from the group. Despite their familiarity with each other, it seemed everyone was relatively in the same boat as her.

She decided she'd rather associate with the people who seemed as lost as she did. She turned to take everyone in, and heard someone speak over the din of voices. They introduced himself as a detective, asking if anyone knew what was going on. Claire didn't respond right away, wanting to know if anyone would tell him. Unfortunately, no one responded, so the man sought out another and started up a conversation. Claire gingerly avoided the others as she made a beeline for the pair and interrupted them.

"... Hi," she said a bit warily. "I'm thinking I'm just as lost as the pair of you are."

• Love
Reactions: Akibahara
"Because we're here. And that means the same as before."
A voice...a familiar voice, but one he couldn't place, uttering his name as if in awe, perhaps even disbelief, who could possibly fit that profile? Kiritsugu did not know, how could he? He had no means to decipher the situation. He needed more information, visual information. Turning around, hands still in his pockets, he observed a number of people milling about across the tarmac behind him, there, at the front, stood a young man, no older than nineteen at the absolute most, the same age as Kiritsugu had been when he went freelance. Kiritsugu studied him carefully, he was the one who had spoken to him certainly. Wait...those eyes, the brow line, that hair, it could only be...Shirou? An older Shirou, what his adoptive son would one day presumably become. Inwardly he breathed a sigh of relief, at least now he knew that Shirou would grow up strong and healthy, but why was he here? Who was he looking to return to himself?
"I am right in thinking that's you Shirou, correct? I haven't seen you as more than just a boy before, I must say, I'm proud. You look well."
"Well, just because we're here, doesn't mean everyone's here, right? So far, you're the only other one I've seen from the Crossed event. Although, I suppose it is possible that someone could be grouping us back together and leading us into a trap. I'd like to think that isn't the case though," Elsa replied.

When Shirou approached and spoke to Emiya, she quieted for a moment. "This a friend of yours?" she asked Emiya.

@Reaper Jack @Verite

Keeping his cool, Joel only took a few steps back when the woman started spazzing out like a crazy person. "What the hell are you..." He said under his breath, just as he heard the breathing behind him.
He didn't hesitate for a second, knowing he might not have long to act. Sending his elbow backwards with full strength, he quickly turned around while doing so to see what was behind him.

Boom! ... Your elbow phased through the air. You felt two very cold, clammy hands grasp your shoulders, flipping around face-to-face with two yellow dirty TEETH. It was a female, mid 40s, green ooze dribbled down her chin as you felt pressure press against your throat. You struggled violently. All to no avail. Your face turns a deep hue of purple, your vision blackening as-

pt-2.gif

SNAP!

Your neck tore apart, spinning at a 180 degree angle. You could see the apparition smile at you, followed by a 'ziiiiip' sound and slurping...

You woke up.

You groan in pain, your neck feels incredibly sore. It's hard enough to move as is. Joel sits up--he's on a toilet seat--planted within a bathroom stall. It's shoddy, dirty, and you could hear a female humming in the restroom. And... hey, where the hell was Ellie?!

"Kiritsugu... it... really is you?" Shirou asked, his eyes threatening to water as he dared to step forward.

He's proud, Shirou thought to himself. He could feel his heart pounding. A small part of his heart remained skeptical, but the majority of his being was overjoyed that he was back. He was proud. That was all Shirou needed to hear. That was all he needed to hear to feel like his existence had been validated. It was like his whole life had been leading up to this moment.

"I can barely believe it..." He mumbled as the tears began to flow before he knew it, "It's been a long time..."

Wiping his tears, he dared to approach Kiritsugu and face him. "I missed you a lot... I made sure to keep that promise, you know. It was hard, but... it was worth it in the end."

@DapperDogman and @Atomyk

Sebastian listened to what York had to say and then spoke. "Yes this place is rather strange, it reminds me dreadfully of a case where the supernatural was rather familiar to me, or at least some of kind of really messed up reality." He said to York and then noticed a girl running at them. She said hello to them and suggested how lost they all were.

"Indeed we're a little lost, but it seems will be able to move about fine as Detectives. You my dear do look as though you can handle yourself just fine." He said noting he looks of toughness.

"Well, just because we're here, doesn't mean everyone's here, right? So far, you're the only other one I've seen from the Crossed event. Although, I suppose it is possible that someone could be grouping us back together and leading us into a trap. I'd like to think that isn't the case though," Elsa replied.
When Shirou approached and spoke to Emiya, she quieted for a moment. "This a friend of yours?" she asked Emiya.
"Not quite. My son. My adopted son. But he's ten years older compared to when I know him."

"Don't shoot, i am not a danger, my name is Morgan Jones, please don't-, wait a second, you don't have a gun, who are you?" He kept the lantern to his chest. He kept hearing his boy in his head, Get out of my head, your just an hallucination, get out! He closed his eyes, then opened them again, he then looked at another man, maybe early 40's or late 30's. "None of you look like bad people, how did you get here?"
Ellie heard a voice and quickly raised her head. Someone was near. She got up and instinctively reached behind her, where she usually kept her gun, only to remind herself it wasn't there. "Fuck..."
Gathering up her courage, Ellie called back out to the voice. "Uh... Hello? Who are you? What do you... want?" She asked. Maybe this man was friendly, but there was an even higher chance he wasn't.
On top of that, out of the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of another man standing a distance away from her. "I'm... I got a gun! Don't do anything stupid!" She called out, holding her hands behind her back.

"Esy alright?" Lee said as he put his hand over his head and walked slowly towards the cabin. He didn't know if she really had a gun or not, but better safe than sorry. "You know what the hell is going on?" He called up to the girl.

Boom! ... Your elbow phased through the air. You felt two very cold, clammy hands grasp your shoulders, flipping around face-to-face with two yellow dirty TEETH. It was a female, mid 40s, green ooze dribbled down her chin as you felt pressure press against your throat. You struggled violently. All to no avail. Your face turns a deep hue of purple, your vision blackening as-
pt-2.gif
Your neck tore apart, spinning at a 180 degree angle. You could see the apparition smile at you, followed by a 'ziiiiip' sound and slurping...
You woke up.
You groan in pain, your neck feels incredibly sore. It's hard enough to move as is. Joel sits up--he's on a toilet seat--planted within a bathroom stall. It's shoddy, dirty, and you could hear a female humming in the restroom. And... hey, where the hell was Ellie?!
He frowned and let out a deep groan of pain. "Agh..." He moaned as he slowly brought a hand up to feel his neck. The first thing that came to mind were the zombies. It felt like a stalker had bitten him, but he was pretty sure he felt his neck getting twisted too... He realized fully well that he should be dead. "What the fuck... is going on..." he mumbled, slowly pushing himself up from the toilet.

"Ellie..." He muttered, not paying any mind to the humming. "Ellie!" He pushed the door open and looked around, trying to find the girl he cared so much for.

"Don't shoot, i am not a danger, my name is Morgan Jones, please don't-, wait a second, you don't have a gun, who are you?" He kept the lantern to his chest. He kept hearing his boy in his head, Get out of my head, your just an hallucination, get out! He closed his eyes, then opened them again, he then looked at another man, maybe early 40's or late 30's. "None of you look like bad people, how did you get here?"
Lee turned to Morgan, his hands still in the air, "Apparently I got a note from my dead brother." He said "How bout You?"

Status
Not open for further replies.