Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n07ccwlfhM1qilm3lo1_500.gif

The pain crawled at her.

Crimson poured and poured, feeling the metal dig into her skin, a left hand trembling in shock and suffering. The drugs sensations of pleasure and numbness faded away, only a dull, unnerving agony holding an uneasy persistence in her body. The world blurred in and out, Constanza feeling her breathing growing heavy, hiding her face in the marble and metal.

A eerie, almost ghostly chant echoed, like the congregation of phantoms dancing around her. It reminded the young woman of her times as a child in Reno, going with her Catholic father and stepmother to church every Sunday. She hated religion, but even in her hatred, there was something powerful about the clergy. Something that, frankly, frightened the veteran.

Arising slowly, hearing only the orders of her drill sergeant or Eygon (Constanza was not sure of which), the Hispanic held her head low. With long, thick black hair in a mess, covering parts of her face, the gangsta lifted her head, standing at the entrance of the airship heading towards the outskirts.

The bleeding stopped, but, the damage had already been done. There was mass swelling near Constanza's left eye, so much so that it was hard to tell if she even had an eyes anymore. Her left cheek, likewise, had much of the skin ripped off, the bleeding stopped yet a red, fiery patch of exposed skin present. Standing before the few souls brave or stupid enough to get on this airship, it would seem Constanza is the later of the two reasons.

Without saying a word and holding a face of discgrace, the criminal silently shuffled herself on board, a soul feeling more and more lost. Without purpose, without light or dark, Constanza was but an unforunate watcher to this game. The others would have their glory, their pride, their love and their hate, but for the Hispanic, it would seem her story had already been long told.

@Gands @Jeremi @Otto @MetalNova @york @Atomyk @Outskirtship

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Husk
Oh boy. One more during the journey.

Nanomech shook his head. This was too many for a stealth mission.

Nanomech flies up beside Rui's ear for a bit, then whispers.

pDCQRbl.jpg

"Rui, I've got a plan, but I'm going to need to borrow Sol," Nanomech squeaks, pointing to Sol, "Sol has psychic powers, right? I'm thinking that Buddy and I could use those vents and Sol over here could use its psychic powers to guide us, so that we can make sure that we're taking the same route as you guys."

Nanomech then flies away from Rui for a bit. Nanomech uses hand signals, pointing to him, Buddy and Sol, then pointing to a nearby air vent. Nanomech seemed to be signalling that he wanted him, Sol and Buddy to travel via air vent, seeing that they were the only three individuals in the group who were small enough to fit. However, he would need help in the removal of the air vent covers.

Stowaway Crew:
@Verite @Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Sen @Crow @york @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lissamel @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gwazi Magnum

@york
tumblr_inline_n3uj87zrgf1sbxwvg_by_teh_zombish-db2nk05.png

Well, had she not quickly recalled the circumstances at hand, Rui might've squeaked when Nanomech flew up by her face. Fortunately, unlike most of the others, she understood this was a stealth mission and quickly covered her mouth with her hands before she could let out any sound, only watching the alien silently and nodding her understanding, taking a moment to calm herself before removing her hands and speaking. "..Right. sounds like a plan. Just... Be careful, okay?" she requested, biting her lower lip. Turning away, though, she glanced to the Espeon.

Tentatively, she knelt by the Pokemon, lightly rubbing the Espeon's head. "Alright, Solis- make sure Ben and Buddy don't get hurt," she spoke in a gentle whisper, to which the Pokemon nodded her understanding, stretching casually before aiming to follow Nanomech and Buddy.

@Crow @york @sneakyshipcrew​

Eygon of Carim | @(Heading to the city outskirts airship)
@Krieg @york @Gands @Jeremi @MetalNova @Atomyk @anybody

Eygon sighed in relief when the titan fell at last. When an airship landed nearby and a random man began talking about defending the city, he realized that this campaign was not yet over. He didn't want to fight for somebody else when there was no reward directly provided, but he got the feeling that if he didn't help defend, they would eventually get overwhelmed. If that happened, nobody, including himself, would be able to return to their worlds. Reluctantly, he decided to head to the city outskirts in order to stop the threat at its root.​

When he was about to board the strange flying contraption, he couldn't help but notice Constanza bleeding on the ground. He didn't see much of a reason to help her. However, considering the might of the titans, the group needed as much help as they could get. He walked toward her with a Miracle talisman in hand and prepared to cast Caressing Tears, a miracle that cures ailments such as poison, bleed, frostbite, and toxic.

giphy.gif

It does not, however, heal anything. All it did was stop the bleeding. In spite of Constanza, he would let her body restore damaged tissue on its own. He wasn't willing to help her that much.

"Get up. You have work to do."

And with that, he proceeded toward the airship that would lead to the city outskirts. When the armored knight got inside the vehicle, the airship would tremble slightly due to his weight. He listened to some of what the people were saying.

It appeared that Dorian was also from a similar universe, considering how he was equally confused by the technology and his talk about magic.

"It's nice to see another person who hails from a similar world. Almost everything and everyone here is remarkably strange. To top it off, we have to defend a land that is unlike ours. Unbelievable..."

"I am Eygon, a knight of Carim..."

He addressed the rest of the crew.

"Since we're going to be fighting together, I am proposing a temporary alliance. Should any of you conduct any act of treachery, know that a knight of Carim does not forgive betrayal. Not ever."

For some reason, he hadn't noticed Azuma until now. Remembering her ability to dual-wield great axes like they were feathers, he asked,

"How old are you, really? I get the feeling that your appearance is a facade. There's no way that someone can wield great axes so easily when they have such a frail body."

Howlett8_zpstvla0bsy.png

"Not gonna be any stabbing in the back from me at least. Like Captain America said earlier we're all in this together and that's why we need to work together. Or die, there's always that." Howlett responded to the knight.

"Governor-General," Dorian said, sounding out the title playfully. "Sounds a bit fancy. What sort of responsibilities does that position entail?"

He smiled slightly, before regarding the others climbing on board. There was certainly a lot of talk of worlds and which kinds of worlds people were coming from, even though Dorian had only thought such concepts were little more than fantasy just earlier that day. The academic within him hungered for information. He yearned to ask question after question, but he knew that, unfortunately, their present situation made deep intellectual conversation a bit of an impossibility. At least he could content himself with the strangely comforting thought that this was all some kind of elaborate Fade dream.

aN5VTDO.png

"If you have not managed to catch my name so far, more's the pity. My name is Dorian Pavus, and perhaps I should be thankful you are lacking in knowledge of my world. Mages from my homeland are... shall we say, not well regarded." He shrugged casually as if to say it didn't really matter. "But I am not so foolish as to betray those who seem to be my only allies. Perhaps once this threat is dealt with and these people saved, we may all go on to our respective homes. Oh, how I miss the foul stenches of Thedas..."

He was quiet for a moment then, until he let out a chuckle at Azuma speaking her age. "Wonderful. We have a warrior prodigy in our midst."

@Krieg @Gands @Jeremi @Otto @MetalNova @york

Howlett1_zpsqa5tggal.png

"Responsibilities like trying to keep a country to not tear itself apart in strife and stabbing dragons to death. That's why I don't deal with it anymore. That, and conflict of interest." He responded with a smirk. "The title usually grabs peoples attention though."

tumblr_n07ccwlfhM1qilm3lo1_500.gif

The pain crawled at her.

Crimson poured and poured, feeling the metal dig into her skin, a left hand trembling in shock and suffering. The drugs sensations of pleasure and numbness faded away, only a dull, unnerving agony holding an uneasy persistence in her body. The world blurred in and out, Constanza feeling her breathing growing heavy, hiding her face in the marble and metal.

A eerie, almost ghostly chant echoed, like the congregation of phantoms dancing around her. It reminded the young woman of her times as a child in Reno, going with her Catholic father and stepmother to church every Sunday. She hated religion, but even in her hatred, there was something powerful about the clergy. Something that, frankly, frightened the veteran.

Arising slowly, hearing only the orders of her drill sergeant or Eygon (Constanza was not sure of which), the Hispanic held her head low. With long, thick black hair in a mess, covering parts of her face, the gangsta lifted her head, standing at the entrance of the airship heading towards the outskirts.

The bleeding stopped, but, the damage had already been done. There was mass swelling near Constanza's left eye, so much so that it was hard to tell if she even had an eyes anymore. Her left cheek, likewise, had much of the skin ripped off, the bleeding stopped yet a red, fiery patch of exposed skin present. Standing before the few souls brave or stupid enough to get on this airship, it would seem Constanza is the later of the two reasons.

Without saying a word and holding a face of discgrace, the criminal silently shuffled herself on board, a soul feeling more and more lost. Without purpose, without light or dark, Constanza was but an unforunate watcher to this game. The others would have their glory, their pride, their love and their hate, but for the Hispanic, it would seem her story had already been long told.

@Gands @Jeremi @Otto @MetalNova @york @Atomyk @Outskirtship
Howlett24_zps2fioyuqn.png

It seemed the little troublemaker from earlier had caught herself in a spot of trouble. Couldn't have happened to a better person, well unless it had been that Selene woman...or DIO. "Seems like we have a walking dead with us." Howlett responded. "You're tougher than you look, anyone ever tell you that?"

@Gands @Krieg @Otto @MetalNova @york @Atomyk @Outskirtship

tumblr_inline_n3uj87zrgf1sbxwvg_by_teh_zombish-db2nk05.png

Well, had she not quickly recalled the circumstances at hand, Rui might've squeaked when Nanomech flew up by her face. Fortunately, unlike most of the others, she understood this was a stealth mission and quickly covered her mouth with her hands before she could let out any sound, only watching the alien silently and nodding her understanding, taking a moment to calm herself before removing her hands and speaking. "..Right. sounds like a plan. Just... Be careful, okay?" she requested, biting her lower lip. Turning away, though, she glanced to the Espeon.

Tentatively, she knelt by the Pokemon, lightly rubbing the Espeon's head. "Alright, Solis- make sure Ben and Buddy don't get hurt," she spoke in a gentle whisper, to which the Pokemon nodded her understanding, stretching casually before aiming to follow Nanomech and Buddy.

@Crow @york @sneakyshipcrew​

And so, Nanomech, Buddy and Solis went by the air vents, following the path of the main group. Nanomech, using his technoorganic physiology, kept a lookout. His singular eye was likened to a camera lens - scoping out anything that seemed out of place.

Buddy began to speak the tongue spoken only by Pokemon to Solis.

My9OA7V.png

"Skree..."
(So, how exactly did you meet your human?)

@Midnight Maiden

Curious as to where exactly the panicking arena patrons were fleeing to, Blaze deftly vaulted off her perch and followed along on the fringe. Thereafter, Sonic sped by, and Blaze aptly quickened her pace to match his.

"Sonic, wait! Where are we go-...oing...?" she hollered after him; her speech steadily slowed to match her diminishing speed as she neared the airship on a course for the beacon and absorbed the new sights.

clouds4.jpg

"Sonic...where are we? Why are there clouds beneath us? Clouds are supposed to be above us...!" stressed Blaze, with fright present in her tone, and in the manner she backed away from the airship and the surrounding railing.

@thatguyinthestore @york @Beacon

Curious as to where exactly the panicking arena patrons were fleeing to, Blaze deftly vaulted off her perch and followed along on the fringe. Thereafter, Sonic sped by, and Blaze aptly quickened her pace to match his.

"Sonic, wait! Where are we go-...oing...?" she hollered after him; her speech steadily slowed to match her diminishing speed as she neared the airship on a course for the beacon and absorbed the new sights.

View attachment 134928

"Sonic...where are we? Why are there clouds beneath us? Clouds are supposed to be above us...!" stressed Blaze, with fright present in her tone, and in the manner she backed away from the airship and the surrounding railing.

Having already boarded the airship to the tower, Sonic was a bit surprised when Blaze boarded said airship along with him.

"Oh hey Blaze! You coming along too, huh?" Sonic asked cocking his head to the side a bit whenever she asked why they were above the clouds. "Oh that's cause we're on an airship heading to the tower so we can beat up more bad guys!" Sonic finally stated as he looked off into the horizon.

"Great view though, right?"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @Takumi @york @Tower Crew

Seems like it was only Danielle and the anthropomorphic animals catching a ride to the tower. Not like she hadn't been around weirder people.

CADC20_zpskc3qwamx.png

"I take it you've never flown before huh?" She asked Blaze.

As Sonic spoke to the cat girl, Danielle made her way to have a look through the window. "You can't even tell that there's utter chaos going on down there." She turned around to face both Sonic and Blaze. "Once we get to the tower we have to formulate a game plan. That general guy was awfully welcoming to us but we have basically no other Intel other than the fact that there's going to be more of those giants waiting for us. So stay focused and don't get yourselves killed."
@Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @york @Tower Crew

Last edited by a moderator:
"They certainly did a number on you, didn't they?" Dorian said, giving Costanza an incredulous look. "The walking dead, indeed..." The mage had no particular expertise in healing, though few mages did not at least dabble in it to some degree for those times when they inevitably got hurt. It was a dangerous life for mages of any nation, so all needed to know what they could do to ensure they lived another day.

Well, without resorting to blood magic, hopefully.

7ypRJaA.png

"Here, it won't be perfect, but let's try and fix up those pretty eyes, hm?" Dorian raised his staff, dousing Costanza in a glow meant to heal her wounds. Of course, magic could do wonders for injuries, but it wasn't so good at stopping pain. A pity.

When he was done with that, Dorian turned on Howlett, one eyebrow raised questioningly. "Stabbing dragons? Well, you'd fit in perfectly well with my old comrades. Should've assumed you were the type, truthfully. I myself would rather a fair number of things over fighting dragons in the dirt and mud. Grisly business, that." He crossed his arms and thought for a moment. "Am I to understand you're a person of some influence and power then?"

Last edited:
"I was, once." Howlett responded back to Dorian in a somber tone. "Lead expeditions for the queen, governor general of Canada. Don't ask me what that title actually meant I never quite figured it out myself. Then I met Hercules...see cause the queenie wasn't too happy about all that two men being in love thing. Neither was Zeus, Hercules father. His problem though was more the fact that he was the only one who could have his way with mere mortals."

Howlett coughed awkwardly, this wasn't your typical discussion topic after all. "The Queen was crossed, I got stripped of my title and Zeus dropped both me and Hercules into the underworld. Not your typical honeymoon." He joked. "This is why you never ask a Howlett for backstory."

@Krieg @Gands @Atomyk @Otto @MetalNova @york

With the aberrant titan vanquished, it seemed that everyone's powers were returning to normal... For now.

@Those Who Have Strayed
@Archmage Jeremiah

Well, fortunately the battle appeared to be nearing its conclusion, so as a result... It wasn't really that hard for Blaze to escape the carnage, seeing that there were numerous civilians doing the same.

@LuckycoolHawk9

The woman seemed to have her attention focused on the exits, which had just recently been unblocked on account of the titans being more concentrated on fighting (and losing to) those that were attacking them. That and their numbers had thinned, seeming to cause her frown to lift a little.

"As I said. I'm fine." She said, evidently not in the mood for conversation.

There was a slight pause as she seemed to think for a moment, before she stood upright... Appearing to be getting ready to leave.

"Now. If you'll excuse me... I have a ship to catch." She muttered.

With that, she was off... Appearing to be heading towards an exit, intending to leave the stadium.

@Everyone
Minor Update
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @C.T. @Bomb @The Myrmidon @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Verite @Atomyk @Minerva @Kaykay @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @Sen @Takumi @Lissamel @Gwazi Magnum @Jeremi @Gands @penguin055 @Josh M @Nater Taters @Yang Lee @Krieg @AkiryaFudo @Fallen Hope @MetalNova @BarrenThin

As those that fought the titans, both the extra dimensional arrivals and the local fighters worked together to fell the beasts... It wasn't long after the deformed titan was downed that the battle was over, for now. With the exits no longer blocked by hungry titans, minus the few bodies that were still in the process of desintegrating into a fine smoke, it wasn't long before civilians began to flood through them, seeing as the stadium itself had become quite unstable due the trauma it had endured up to this point.

For the moment, those that had been fighting the titans seemed to be able to catch a break, as those investigating the crashed airship joined the others.

Soon enough though, another airship, one that somewhat resembled the one that had crashed in the middle of the stadium flew in from the top of the stadium, where it landed... And someone that seemed to bring relief to many of the local fighters stepped out.

He had a weary, yet... Hardened look on his face as he surveyed the scene around him, his gaze seeming to rest on the crashed airship nearby for a moment before he spoke.

aU8MqJ5.png

"Just moments ago, I re-established contact with my men on the ground; they told me more of these creatures are crawling all over the city... And my ships." He paused for a moment, frowning as he scanned the people around him.

It seemed that something got him puzzled for a moment... But, he seemed to dismiss whatever it was after a brief look at the group, not seeming to question the new arrivals. What's more is that, oddly enough, Blake seemed to have been staring intensely at him throughout that entire moment.

"It is my duty to protect this city, but, with my ships... Incapacitated, the situation is beyond my control..." He finally continued, sighing a little.

It didn't look like he was very happy about the situation... Nor what he was about to say next, but considering the situation at hand, there was not much of a choice.

"I don't know what those... Things are..." He added, glancing towards the few bodies of the titans that were still desintegrating as he spoke.

"But. As long as my ships are out of commission, I can't properly evacuate anyone. So until then, my men have set up a safezone in the inner city, but... Word is out there is a large group of these creatures we will need as much help as we can get to hold them back..." There was another pause, as he held a hand to his ear, where he appeared to have some sort of earpiece on.

"... I just got word that there is second massive group of them headed towards Beacon Tower, but that's not all. My forces at the city outskirts have spotted a third group of those creatures headed for the walls..." He sighed, putting his hands behind his back before he turned, looking at the ship he had landed in.

"I'll try and take back our skies, but untill then... I'm afraid your only options will be to either head to the inner city, defend beacon tower, or hold off the titans at the city outskirts." The stadium shook again, as he spoke, but he seemed relatively unphased.

"Wherever you choose to go, I have airships by the south exit that will take you wherever you need to go, and... There are weapons in that crashed ship, if any of you still need them." He said finally, shaking his head a little.

"Now. Let's move out..." He said, addressing the people around him in general (minus the civilians of course).

With that, he climbed back into his ship, and was off, leaving everyone to their own devices, for the time being at least, but as he left... One might notice a mysterious woman, with black hair, and orange tinted eyes... In fact, Kara would most definitely recognize her as the same woman that she had bumped into down a hallway not too long ago.

Unlike the other locals, who seemed to have split off, heading into three airships, each presumably taking them to the places the man that had addressed them earlier had aforementioned, she appeared to be heading into an airship marked with a red cross... Some sort of emergency vehicle maybe? Except it didn't look very... Occupied, huh...

Seeing that she seemed to be in a hurry, it appeared that there may be a chance to sneak aboard the airship with the mysterious woman just before she left.

Perhaps she knew of a way out of the city? Ooor she had some sort of agenda of her own? Hard to say...

Soo, in short, it seemed like once again, there were a few options in front of them, though it seemed that this would all stem from four of the airships currently docked at the south exit:

1) Take an airship to the inner city, to protect the safezone that had been established there from what looked to be an titan onslaught, but considering that there were numerous guards stationed there... Perhaps it would be the "safest" location to head to.

2) Catch a ride to Beacon Tower, as titans appeared to be rushing for that place as well. It was hard to get a good read on how tough that particular group of them would be to handle.

3) Ride an airship to the City Outskirts, where titans appeared to be preparing to swarm the city limits... This was likely one of the most dangerous locations, even with forces stationed there.

4) On the other hand, one could sneak aboard the airship marked with a red cross, that a mysterious woman had just boarded before it left the stadium... If they felt particularly adventurous.​
Sidon would accompany those who would take the airship to the inner city.

aeXDj5Q.png

"So how are you all doing today? The earlier mishap was quite... dangerous, but you guys did it!"

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yang Lee

Alexandra K aka Huntress

Lexi smiled to herself despite the nature of the story.

I am sorry to hear that, though it is my father that runs the underworld. Aiedes, he is called. I was raised by a mortal couple near Los Angeles. The most recent version of Hercules I met has a big heart, and is loyal to a fault to those he cares for. For me, that says all I need to know about you. ".

She shifts in her seat a bit, letting her frustration show.

"My girlfriend seems to be in this crowd with us, perhaps on one of the other transports. She is either freaked out by the situation and unwilling to risk her secret identity by acknowledging me, or it only looks like her as identical".

She takes a long breath to relax.

( To the Knight ) " I made my vows a long time ago Sir Knight, you will get no foul play from me. "

( Back to Howlet & Dorian ) "Forgive me if I already mentioned this, that apparent city leader seemed neither surprised at our collective appearance nor surprised at us simply going into these ships to be dispursed apparently to various hot spots. "

@Krieg @Jeremi @Atomyk @york @Otto @MetalNova

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Blaze's eyes flung open wide at the slightest glance out the ship's window, and she reflexively reached out and clung to Sonic.

"Let's just, um..." Blaze stuttered as she averted her gaze, "step carefully - very carefully - away from the window, yeah?"

She shuffled away and claimed the seat which was furthest from any window, but hardly appeared better off for it. Her knees were tightly held together, her arms strained to keep her fists balled up, all while she was struggling to take deep breaths. "I've flown before!...never of my own volition..." Blaze briefly snapped, and sighed, "B-But you're right! We gotta uh, stay, focused...hoo..."

@thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Takumi @Tower

View attachment 134928

Having already boarded the airship to the tower, Sonic was a bit surprised when Blaze boarded said airship along with him.

"Oh hey Blaze! You coming along too, huh?" Sonic asked cocking his head to the side a bit whenever she asked why they were above the clouds. "Oh that's cause we're on an airship heading to the tower so we can beat up more bad guys!" Sonic finally stated as he looked off into the horizon.

"Great view though, right?"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @Takumi @york @Tower Crew

Seems like it was only Danielle and the anthropomorphic animals catching a ride to the tower. Not like she hadn't been around weirder people.

CADC20_zpskc3qwamx.png

As Sonic spoke to the cat girl, Danielle made her way to have a look through the window. "You can't even tell that there's utter chaos going on down there." She turned around to face both Sonic and Blaze. "Once we get to the tower we have to formulate a game plan. That general guy was awfully welcoming to us but we have basically no other Intel other than the fact that there's going to be more of those giants waiting for us. So stay focused and don't get yourselves killed."

JD didn't seem to be noticed, which didn't bother him at all. He did roll his eyes at the sight of Blaze freaking out though. He just had to be stuck with those two, didn't he? At least there was someone else there, but even she seemed a bit too foreign for him.

Glancing out at the clouds he frowned. Getting killed again wouldn't bother him, but getting eaten by those things wouldn't be how he'd want to go for sure. That thought alone caused a small shudder of disgust.

Blaze's eyes flung open wide at the slightest glance out the ship's window, and she reflexively reached out and clung to Sonic.

"Let's just, um..." Blaze stuttered as she averted her gaze, "step carefully - very carefully - away from the window, yeah?"

She shuffled away and claimed the seat which was furthest from any window, but hardly appeared better off for it. Her knees were tightly held together, her arms strained to keep her fists balled up, all while she was struggling to take deep breaths. "I've flown before!...never of my own volition..." Blaze briefly snapped, and sighed, "B-But you're right! We gotta uh, stay, focused...hoo..."

JD rose a brow. Someone seemed to be a bit of a scaredy cat at the moment.

"Getting a bit of motion sickness? Or just a fear of heights? Or possibly both? Either way, best to keep yourself together, we are headed to some tower after all." he shrugged.

@thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @Tower Crew

Last edited:

CADC20_zpskc3qwamx.png

"Whatever they throw at us, we'll be ready!"
Sonic announced proudly with a genuine grin just plastered on his face as he slammed his fist down into his palm.

"Blaze, you're fine. We're not gonna fall. I mean, I ride with Tails on the wing of the Tornado all the time, and I never fall off." Sonic said, still grinning as he ran over to Blaze's seat and rested an elbow on the back of her chair.

"Besides, we'll probably be way too focused on kicking some serious monster butt to even worry about those heights." Sonic stated before nodding in agreement when JD chimed in.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @york @Tower_Crew

ZDk3Iwj.png

Meanwhile, Link wore a conflicted look in his eyes. He glanced to Mipha, wanting to stay by her side and protect her, but also wanted to rush into battle with the others so he could help save as many people as possible. "Go somewhere safe," he spoke in her ear, hoping she would listen to him. He had a feeling the Zora Princess would try to stay by his side, but after losing her once already he did not want to lose her again.

I lost Mipha and the other Champions already. They're still gone, but she's here now. I can't fail again. I have to keep her safe this time no matter what.

@york @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Crow @Gwazi Magnum

Somewhere safe, of course, she went. She stayed safe and out of the path of those horrendous beasts. No harm would discover her as the battle raged on. However...

INmoryb.jpg

She was better than this. She knew that she was better than this. Mipha felt that, despite the overwhelming ferocity of the creatures she should have fought. The Zora were a proud people and pride should have demanded she defied Link. What pride was left? Certainly none as Sidon relegated himself to nothing more than a cheerleader.

As the battle waged on, Mipha watched in silence and safety. Others, human or not, were risking their lives to fight while she was a coward. Once the fight had reached its close, she had already made up her mind.

Mipha, princess of the Zora, would no longer be a coward.​

@Everyone
Minor Update
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @C.T. @Bomb @The Myrmidon @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Verite @Atomyk @Minerva @Kaykay @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @Sen @Takumi @Lissamel @Gwazi Magnum @Jeremi @Gands @penguin055 @Josh M @Nater Taters @Yang Lee @Krieg @AkiryaFudo @Fallen Hope @MetalNova @BarrenThin

As those that fought the titans, both the extra dimensional arrivals and the local fighters worked together to fell the beasts... It wasn't long after the deformed titan was downed that the battle was over, for now. With the exits no longer blocked by hungry titans, minus the few bodies that were still in the process of desintegrating into a fine smoke, it wasn't long before civilians began to flood through them, seeing as the stadium itself had become quite unstable due the trauma it had endured up to this point.

For the moment, those that had been fighting the titans seemed to be able to catch a break, as those investigating the crashed airship joined the others.

Soon enough though, another airship, one that somewhat resembled the one that had crashed in the middle of the stadium flew in from the top of the stadium, where it landed... And someone that seemed to bring relief to many of the local fighters stepped out.

He had a weary, yet... Hardened look on his face as he surveyed the scene around him, his gaze seeming to rest on the crashed airship nearby for a moment before he spoke.

aU8MqJ5.png

"Just moments ago, I re-established contact with my men on the ground; they told me more of these creatures are crawling all over the city... And my ships." He paused for a moment, frowning as he scanned the people around him.

It seemed that something got him puzzled for a moment... But, he seemed to dismiss whatever it was after a brief look at the group, not seeming to question the new arrivals. What's more is that, oddly enough, Blake seemed to have been staring intensely at him throughout that entire moment.

"It is my duty to protect this city, but, with my ships... Incapacitated, the situation is beyond my control..." He finally continued, sighing a little.

It didn't look like he was very happy about the situation... Nor what he was about to say next, but considering the situation at hand, there was not much of a choice.

"I don't know what those... Things are..." He added, glancing towards the few bodies of the titans that were still desintegrating as he spoke.

"But. As long as my ships are out of commission, I can't properly evacuate anyone. So until then, my men have set up a safezone in the inner city, but... Word is out there is a large group of these creatures we will need as much help as we can get to hold them back..." There was another pause, as he held a hand to his ear, where he appeared to have some sort of earpiece on.

"... I just got word that there is second massive group of them headed towards Beacon Tower, but that's not all. My forces at the city outskirts have spotted a third group of those creatures headed for the walls..." He sighed, putting his hands behind his back before he turned, looking at the ship he had landed in.

"I'll try and take back our skies, but untill then... I'm afraid your only options will be to either head to the inner city, defend beacon tower, or hold off the titans at the city outskirts." The stadium shook again, as he spoke, but he seemed relatively unphased.

"Wherever you choose to go, I have airships by the south exit that will take you wherever you need to go, and... There are weapons in that crashed ship, if any of you still need them." He said finally, shaking his head a little.

"Now. Let's move out..." He said, addressing the people around him in general (minus the civilians of course).

With that, he climbed back into his ship, and was off, leaving everyone to their own devices, for the time being at least, but as he left... One might notice a mysterious woman, with black hair, and orange tinted eyes... In fact, Kara would most definitely recognize her as the same woman that she had bumped into down a hallway not too long ago.

Unlike the other locals, who seemed to have split off, heading into three airships, each presumably taking them to the places the man that had addressed them earlier had aforementioned, she appeared to be heading into an airship marked with a red cross... Some sort of emergency vehicle maybe? Except it didn't look very... Occupied, huh...

Seeing that she seemed to be in a hurry, it appeared that there may be a chance to sneak aboard the airship with the mysterious woman just before she left.

Perhaps she knew of a way out of the city? Ooor she had some sort of agenda of her own? Hard to say...

Soo, in short, it seemed like once again, there were a few options in front of them, though it seemed that this would all stem from four of the airships currently docked at the south exit:

1) Take an airship to the inner city, to protect the safezone that had been established there from what looked to be an titan onslaught, but considering that there were numerous guards stationed there... Perhaps it would be the "safest" location to head to.

2) Catch a ride to Beacon Tower, as titans appeared to be rushing for that place as well. It was hard to get a good read on how tough that particular group of them would be to handle.

3) Ride an airship to the City Outskirts, where titans appeared to be preparing to swarm the city limits... This was likely one of the most dangerous locations, even with forces stationed there.

4) On the other hand, one could sneak aboard the airship marked with a red cross, that a mysterious woman had just boarded before it left the stadium... If they felt particularly adventurous

However, this declaration didn't come as easily as she had hoped. Whereas Link's courage was limitless and kept close to his values, Mipha had only her promises and honor to defend her decision.

If she were to tell the truth, she had no intention of leaving Link alone. However, now was not the time for paltry emotions. She walked straight to the Hylian Champion and spoke.

n4rVwss.jpg

"Link, I am going to Beacon Tower to defend it. People there are going to need our help.

I am a Champion. That means it is my duty to protect everyone, whether or not they are my subjects. I know it is also my duty to protect you, however..."

Mipha's next words struggled in her throat, "You seem to me to be very prepared in ways of defending yourself." Half-truths remained difficult for her to express, as they always had for her.

I don't want you to leave my side. Link, I still love you, and I want to protect you in every way that you wish to protect me. Yet we have a larger issue at hand. Please , stay by my side.

These words tumbled like a whirlpool in her head and became translated as, "You may follow me to the tower if you wish. I'm sure that the Master Sword would be pleased to help protect others."
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

@Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @york @Tower_Crew

"That's the multiverse for you." Howlett replied to Huntress. "I've met myself a few times, and people that are close to me." He listened to her tale about another Hercules and the rest of her predicament. "That does sound like a Hercules. And yeah...like I said I bet that general guy doesn't care to look a gift horse in the mouth. They need all the help they can get."

@Krieg @Gands @Atomyk @york @Otto @MetalNova

Meanwhile back on the ship Danielle had to chuckle at Blaze's reaction. "I'll take that as a no on the flying part."

Cap turned towards JD. "Nothing wrong with being scared, especially if it's something you've never done before."

To Sonic Danielle could just shrug. "It's not always that simple. Punching things real hard is not the end all fix to problems."

CADC26_zpsruuzpfjv.png

"I'm not questioning your abilities right now, but there is clearly something else going on other then giants sprouting out of the ground. We need to find the source before can fix the problem."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Mason Moretti @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @york
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Tower_Crew

Dorian stared at Howlett for a moment, immediately at a loss for what to say. He looked away for a moment and let out a deep breath. "You might be just about one of the most interesting men I have met. Looks really are deceiving, aren't they?"

He may not have understood everything Howlett was saying, but Dorian got the gist of it well enough. Having worked for a queen and having evidently some kind of immortal for a husband were certainly... unique traits. It could have all been a lie, but it didn't seem to be worth it to lie about such matters, especially when Dorian didn't necessarily understand it all. It was interesting and all, but Dorian truly had no interest in prying. He could offer that much respect.

dzfh65U.png

"I promise a Pavus backstory is similarly grim, so no need to linger on that I suppose..." He looked to Alexandra then, finding what she said to be a bit amusing. "Well now, a missing girlfriend with a secret identity. How absolutely titillating."

Reactions: Jeremi
Howlett22_zpsmltn9hrf.png

"Is this going to end up as who has the most messed up life story contest?" Howlett asked. "People who play that with me usually don't come out the winner."

He let it be for the time being though. There were far more pressing matters to attend to. Like the onslaught of giants attacking the city. "Terrible backstories and girlfriends with secret identities aside. The general said there was going to be a lot of resistance at the outskirts. Everyone here know the game plan? Cut those bastards necks is a fine one, but if there's a lot of them we have to play it smart."

@Krieg @Gands @Atomyk @york @Otto @MetalNova

_Blaze heights 2.png

Blaze burst, and got all up in a huff over having her confidence around great heights be questioned; the topic was clearly a sore nerve for the ordinarily unexpressive princess.

@Jeremi @Takumi

"Though I'd still take my Ocean Tornado over your rickety antique airplane any day!" she added, with nary a care for any attachment to his Tornado Sonic might have.

@thatguyinthestore

@Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Tower

View attachment 135001

Blaze burst, and got all up in a huff over having her confidence around great heights be questioned; the topic was clearly a sore nerve for the ordinarily unexpressive princess.

@Jeremi @Takumi

"Though I'd still take my Ocean Tornado over your rickety antique airplane any day!" she added, with nary a care for any attachment to his Tornado Sonic might have.

@thatguyinthestore

@Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Tower
Sonic would let out a sigh and place a reaffirming hand on the feline's shoulder.

"Blaze, it's fine. We're safe up here." Sonic stated in an attempt to calm the princess down a bit.

"Also, don't diss the Tornado. Tails and I worked hard on that thing." Sonic said half seriously, but with a very small smirk.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Mason Moretti @Takumi @Jeremi @york @tower_crew

Status
Not open for further replies.