Status
Not open for further replies.
With the wrapping up of the battles that had taken place, Sakuya had simply found a wall to stand against as she waited for Remilia's return. She had little to say on the matters that were discussed, and it wasn't like she really knew the majority of them anyway. What had originally been a simple trip had turned into quite a large commotion.

But at least she couldn't complain that it'd been boring.

As Shiki approached, the maid simply smiled politely.

235.png

"It's alright, I'm quite used to taking care of vampires." Though perhaps not that specific kind of care, she didn't mention. "A mere ghost from the past is easily dismissed, no?"

"Sakuyaaaaaa!"

The voice of a girl that sounded much younger seemed to get closer and closer as a white streak sped in like a bullet. The incredibly fast moving object crashed right into Shiki's back, like a bowling ball had been thrown at him. A pair of lithe arms wrapped around him as the impact reached him.

"He ran away! My opponent ran away! How am I supposed to be satisfied with this, Sakuya?"

"Milady, it would seem you have missed."

"...Eh?"

The object was none other than Remilia Scarlet, the vampire which Sakuya served. Prying herself away from Shiki, she began tugging at Shiki's sleeve.

tumblr_inline_nf81o5ALMV1t4ubwm.jpg

"What were you doing in my way anyway?"

"Just apologize, it'll be much faster," Sakuya whispered to the boy.

@Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Ilona found herself cut off, surprised when Shiki would approach. "Shik-- I mean, Sir Shiki-sama," she stuttered, actually muddling up her words and mistakenly throwing an extra title onto his name. She had honestly been so focused on her thoughts that she hadn't paid attention. She ran a hand through her hair and sighed, attempted to pretend she had never said such a thing. While attempting to answer Shiki's question, Ilona was almost grateful that Remilia would crash into him and likely distract him, giving her an extra second to think about how she wanted to reply.

ygnOTkg.png

"I very well may go with Miss Lalonde and Miss Akagi, yes," Ilona finally replied. She then opened her mouth and uttered two more words, cutting herself off before she would finish her statement. "Would you--" The blonde cleared her throat, taking a pause.

Would you care to come along?

I truthfully would like to ask him this. He is my friend, and he's helped me to feel more at ease about this situation. Also, I know I would enjoy a chance to speak with him more and hear tales of his life. However, I can't help but wonder if I should... would I be asking too much? For all I know, he wishes to return home or has another agenda...

After her pause, Ilona changed her statement slightly. She decided to analyze what his intentions were rather than to jump the gun and ask a question without thinking. "What about you, Sir Shiki? What do you plan to do now that this is over?"

@Verite @Kaykay
Shiki initially gave a brief pause when Sakuya would make mention of ghosts of the past, the faintest hint of a frown almost beginning to tug at the edge of his lips. Certainly, when he thought about it, Roa wasn't even the scariest ghost from there. Beyond the big, bad villains who threatened to kill him and everyone he loved and all that jazz, Shiki had found that the skeletons that were the hardest to get past were the ones who claimed to love him, rather than the ones who hated him.

It had taken him a long time to get over those he'd loved leaving him, but now... He was ready to move on, as of now. Now that the storm he'd been waiting for had past, all he could do now was walk towards the rainbow at the horizon. In other words, a brighter tomorrow.

Shiki01.png

"Yes, I suppose it is, Sakuya," Shiki said, returning the smile in kind, "When you have good company, ghosts don't seem so scary. I'm... glad to have you on my--"

And then, before he could finish his sentence, Shiki would find a disproportionately powerful girl crashing into him like a wrecking ball, eliciting an "Oof!" grunt from him as his glasses were almost knocked off his face, and he'd look back at the strange little parasite hugging his back, only to find that it was the girl that Sakuya worked for... Remilia, right? Yes, yes. Something like that, he was sure.

The bespectacled boy would awkwardly try to get her off him, furrowing a brow at her words and dejected mood at most, as he was more focused on his own predicament. Specifically, the one that she'd brought upon him. He didn't really wanna push her off, as that'd be too crude of a treatment for a lady (as... unladylike as she might be), and besides... Shiki was fairly confident that Remilia was stronger than he was by quite a wide margin if Arcueid was a good template to base vampires on. In any case, the ever helpful maid would be able to clear up the confusion, and Remilia would let go of him, but not before saying something that made him furrow a brow.

"Wh... What are you--?!"

And then Sakuya would give a piece of advice that perhaps would have ended with a better result, if Shiki knew how dealing with women went, at least using the ones back home as an example, so rather than finishing his initial sentence, he'd simply give a defeated sigh.

"S-Sorry..." He simply said, before letting Remilia go about whereever she pleased. With an exasperated sigh, he'd rub the back of his head briefly. "I suppose taking care of vampires is certainly right if you have to often deal with her, Sakuya," Shiki commented, despite the fact that Remilia was still there. Either way, he'd seem to let out a sudden, yet good-natured laugh for some odd reason shortly after speaking.

WI24i8W.png

"You know... I just realized. I don't remember the last time I used an honorific with you, Sakuya, yet... It doesn't feel weird at all," he spoke, pocketing his hands sheepishly, "... Do you mind if I keep on like that? Or would that be considered going too fast?" Shiki inquired jokingly.

When it came time for Ilona to speak, meanwhile, Shiki would clear his throat, giving her a smile like the one he'd given Sakuya before as well, albeit possibly a more bashful one, as evidenced when he'd avert his gaze for a moment and adjust his glasses.

tcUNbOp.png

"Well... I think I'll just... go home, most likely, if all goes well. Sounds a bit plain, I know, right after all that happened, but... Y'know, I have family waiting for me back home. The maids, my sister, my friends... I sorta left them all without warning. I was in a difficult place in life; I didn't know where I was going in life. I thought I was missing something that I'd perhaps forgotten out there somewhere, so I left... But I eventually found out that the only thing that was missing was a willingness to live. A will to, for once, settle down and live my life, rather than distract it with things like fighting scary monsters and demons of the night. I don't want to keep fighting. I just want to live in peace. If someone wants to threaten those I care for, I'll take care of it, and do whatever it takes to maintain that peaceful life."

As Kyoko Kirigiri had described once before in a more eloquent manner, there were two types of people, in her opinion, who had absolute power like he did. There were the ones who vied for ultimate domination of whatever realm they wished, driven mad by their power, and there were those who, apprehensive to use their power, were more concerned with keeping things as they were, rather than dare to change anything.

Shiki was certainly like the latter.

i8zPedC.png

"I mean, if I'm called upon again by the Coalition or anyone for whatever reason, I'll be sure to swing by... Heck, if I'm able to, I'll probably drop by anyway just to visit. It's not like I intend to drop off the radar or anything. I'm just... going back to where I belong. And I mean, after the whole deal with Fiamma of the Right or whoever, I can imagine my specific world isn't exactly hard to track down if the need arises," Shiki spoke, looking over aimlessly at the open air of the headquarters. This, surely, used to be home to at least one person out there. The very sight and thought of it all almost depressed him, if it weren't for how endearingly selfish he was capable of being.

But that was what made him human, wasn't it? The desire to protect what was within one's own grasp, and little more, because they are content with what they have.

"So... While we might be saying goodbye now, let's not say never, as in, we'll never see each other again. Because who knows? Anything can happen in this big, unpredictable multiverse, after all, right?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay

Last edited:
Bibi followed alongside Ilona, but as he was doing so, another wave of dizziness hit Bibi.

Urgh! What is happening? Bibi thought, holding on his head as it was more powerful and longer than the last.

After it faded, Bibi tried to pass it off like it was nothing. He didn't want to worry the others.

"Hey Ilona." Zidane waved at her. "How are you feeling?" Zidane had a couple of nicks and bruises from the previous fight, but it wasn't anything Zidane can handle.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Shiki initially gave a brief pause when Sakuya would make mention of ghosts of the past, the faintest hint of a frown almost beginning to tug at the edge of his lips. Certainly, when he thought about it, Roa wasn't even the scariest ghost from there. Beyond the big, bad villains who threatened to kill him and everyone he loved and all that jazz, Shiki had found that the skeletons that were the hardest to get past were the ones who claimed to love him, rather than the ones who hated him.

It had taken him a long time to get over those he'd loved leaving him, but now... He was ready to move on, as of now. Now that the storm he'd been waiting for had past, all he could do now was walk towards the rainbow at the horizon. In other words, a brighter tomorrow.

Shiki01.png

"Yes, I suppose it is, Sakuya," Shiki said, returning the smile in kind, "When you have good company, ghosts don't seem so scary. I'm... glad to have you on my--"

And then, before he could finish his sentence, Shiki would find a disproportionately powerful girl crashing into him like a wrecking ball, eliciting an "Oof!" grunt from him as his glasses were almost knocked off his face, and he'd look back at the strange little parasite hugging his back, only to find that it was the girl that Sakuya worked for... Remilia, right? Yes, yes. Something like that, he was sure.

The bespectacled boy would awkwardly try to get her off him, furrowing a brow at her words and dejected mood at most, as he was more focused on his own predicament. Specifically, the one that she'd brought upon him. He didn't really wanna push her off, as that'd be too crude of a treatment for a lady (as... unladylike as she might be), and besides... Shiki was fairly confident that Remilia was stronger than he was by quite a wide margin if Arcueid was a good template to base vampires on. In any case, the ever helpful maid would be able to clear up the confusion, and Remilia would let go of him, but not before saying something that made him furrow a brow.

"Wh... What are you--?!"

And then Sakuya would give a piece of advice that perhaps would have ended with a better result, if Shiki knew how dealing with women went, at least using the ones back home as an example, so rather than finishing his initial sentence, he'd simply give a defeated sigh.

"S-Sorry..." He simply said, before letting Remilia go about whereever she pleased. With an exasperated sigh, he'd rub the back of his head briefly. "I suppose taking care of vampires is certainly right if you have to often deal with her, Sakuya," Shiki commented, despite the fact that Remilia was still there. Either way, he'd seem to let out a sudden, yet good-natured laugh for some odd reason shortly after speaking.

WI24i8W.png

"You know... I just realized. I don't remember the last time I used an honorific with you, Sakuya, yet... It doesn't feel weird at all," he spoke, pocketing his hands sheepishly, "... Do you mind if I keep on like that? Or would that be considered going too fast?" Shiki inquired jokingly.

When it came time for Ilona to speak, meanwhile, Shiki would clear his throat, giving her a smile like the one he'd given Sakuya before as well, albeit possibly a more bashful one, as evidenced when he'd avert his gaze for a moment and adjust his glasses.

tcUNbOp.png

"Well... I think I'll just... go home, most likely, if all goes well. Sounds a bit plain, I know, right after all that happened, but... Y'know, I have family waiting for me back home. The maids, my sister, my friends... I sorta left them all without warning. I was in a difficult place in life; I didn't know where I was going in life. I thought I was missing something that I'd perhaps forgotten out there somewhere, so I left... But I eventually found out that the only thing that was missing was a willingness to live. A will to, for once, settle down and live my life, rather than distract it with things like fighting scary monsters and demons of the night. I don't want to keep fighting. I just want to live in peace. If someone wants to threaten those I care for, I'll take care of it, and do whatever it takes to maintain that peaceful life."

As Kyoko Kirigiri had described once before in a more eloquent manner, there were two types of people, in her opinion, who had absolute power like he did. There were the ones who vied for ultimate domination of whatever realm they wished, driven mad by their power, and there were those who, apprehensive to use their power, were more concerned with keeping things as they were, rather than dare to change anything.

i8zPedC.png

"I mean, if I'm called upon again by the Coalition or anyone for whatever reason, I'll be sure to swing by... Heck, if I'm able to, I'll probably drop by anyway just to visit. It's not like I intend to drop off the radar or anything. I'm just... going back to where I belong. And I mean, after the whole deal with Fiamma of the Right or whoever, I can imagine my specific world isn't exactly hard to track down if the need arises," Shiki spoke, looking over aimlessly at the open air of the headquarters. This, surely, used to be home to at least one person out there. The very sight and thought of it all almost depressed him, if it weren't for how endearingly selfish he was capable of being.

But that was what made him human, wasn't it? The desire to protect what was within one's own grasp, and little more, because they are content with what they have.

"So... While we might be saying goodbye now, let's not say never, as in, we'll never see each other again. Because who knows? Anything can happen in this big, unpredictable multiverse, after all, right?"

After asking Shiki her question, Ilona would turn to look at Zidane as he approached, offering him a soft smile. While she looked to be in-tact, regardless of her bloody, tattered clothing, Ilona appeared tired and still somewhat stressed. She was anxious about her upcoming future, and still feeling a bit uncertain when it came to so many things involving her own life. But, as always, she hid such turmoils behind the same smile she had always used as a shield. Even after all she had been through, and all of the walls she broke down with admitting her loneliness, she still didn't really feel comfortable enough to just relax tell everyone the honest truth. How was she feeling? Good? No, right now she wasn't good. She was okay, and that would just have to be enough for the time being.

HgJcLa6.png

"I'm well, thanks for asking, Sir Zidane," the wiry time traveler replied, eventually setting her sights on Bibi. She frowned, noticing that the little mage didn't seem as if he were doing all that well himself. "But what about Sir Bibi?" she questioned. "He doesn't appear to be doing all that well." But then again, was there anyone here who seemed to be doing well? The girl honestly wasn't sure if anyone honestly felt great after all that had happened.

Listening to Shiki's reply after addressing Zidane, Ilona continued to hold up her protective smile, nodding every so often until he had finished.

His resolve to leave and return home sounds strong. Maybe, just maybe, if he had sounded hesitant I would've invited him to come along, but... I can't. I don't want to be selfish and try to get in the way of such a strong resolve. I admire it. I wish I had the courage to return home. However, at the same time I can't help but feel... a bit disappointed.

QA276FI.png

"My, Sir Shiki, you are very brave if you don't mind me saying. I feel sometimes it is scarier to return home and face those you love rather than to always stay on the move, always in a battle." Ilona paused before adding, "Your story reminds me of my own, only I am a few chapters behind you. As I have said to you before, all I truly wish for is a peaceful life without conflict, a life where I can be surrounded by those who love me." The blonde placed a hand over her heart and glanced past the young man. "But I cannot return home or openly commit to accepting the love of those around me, not as I am now. I'm missing something, although I've yet to discover what that thing might be. Perhaps I too will find what I lack is a reason to live."

Ilona couldn't quite pinpoint what exactly that restless feeling inside of her was. It was something that had a hold on her ever since she had been young, like an ever vigilant tiger pacing around inside of a cage with a wild look in its eyes. She always had to move from place to place and make sure she parted from others before she became to close to them. There was even a part of her, stronger than the part that had been disappointed Shiki needed to return home, that was actually glad he wouldn't go with her. As much as she respected him, Ilona knew it wouldn't have been difficult to grow attached to having him as a friend. The girl felt something blocking her, cutting her off from opening up her heart.

"Anyhow, you are correct in saying this won't be our last meeting. While this vast multiverse may be unpredictable, it can never sever the ties that bind us if we refused to let it," Ilona told him, momentarily breaking from the heavier subject he had brought up. She also ceased her staring into the distance and glanced back at him. "So long as that invitation to visit you at your manor still stands, once I've learned to better control my powers I'd be happy to take you up on that offer. I'd very much enjoy meeting your sister and other friends! After all, those of us with god-like powers should stick together, yes?" Saying her last sentence actually made Ilona feel a bit better. It reminded her that she wasn't the only soul in the multiverse who had such destructive potential.

Ilona paused, once more drifting into thoughts about what Shiki had said before. Again her vision would drift past him, blue eyes gazing off into the distance.

JXnBxiO.png

"Say, Sir Shiki, how did you find it? How did you find something to live for?"

How can I find it? If I could attain peace then maybe, just maybe, one day I will be able to return home just as he intends to do. Just as Sir Shiki did, I left home without saying a word to my parents. It's been years since I've seen them... I wonder if they worry over me? Or if I even matter now that they have another child...

@Verite @Kaykay @Bomb

After asking Shiki her question, Ilona would turn to look at Zidane as he approached, offering him a soft smile. While she looked to be in-tact, regardless of her bloody, tattered clothing, Ilona appeared tired and still somewhat stressed. She was anxious about her upcoming future, and still feeling a bit uncertain when it came to so many things involving her own life. But, as always, she hid such turmoils behind the same smile she had always used as a shield. Even after all she had been through, and all of the walls she broke down with admitting her loneliness, she still didn't really feel comfortable enough to just relax tell everyone the honest truth. How was she feeling? Good? No, right now she wasn't good. She was okay, and that would just have to be enough for the time being.

HgJcLa6.png

"I'm well, thanks for asking, Sir Zidane," the wiry time traveler replied, eventually setting her sights on Bibi. She frowned, noticing that the little mage didn't seem as if he were doing all that well himself. "But what about Sir Bibi?" she questioned. "He doesn't appear to be doing all that well." But then again, was there anyone here who seemed to be doing well? The girl honestly wasn't sure if anyone honestly felt great after all that had happened.

Listening to Shiki's reply after addressing Zidane, Ilona continued to hold up her protective smile, nodding every so often until he had finished.

His resolve to leave and return home sounds strong. Maybe, just maybe, if he had sounded hesitant I would've invited him to come along, but... I can't. I don't want to be selfish and try to get in the way of such a strong resolve. I admire it. I wish I had the courage to return home. However, at the same time I can't help but feel... a bit disappointed.

QA276FI.png

"My, Sir Shiki, you are very brave if you don't mind me saying. I feel sometimes it is scarier to return home and face those you love rather than to always stay on the move, always in a battle." Ilona paused before adding, "Your story reminds me of my own, only I am a few chapters behind you. As I have said to you before, all I truly wish for is a peaceful life without conflict, a life where I can be surrounded by those who love me." The blonde placed a hand over her heart and glanced past the young man. "But I cannot return home or openly commit to accepting the love of those around me, not as I am now. I'm missing something, although I've yet to discover what that thing might be. Perhaps I too will find what I lack is a reason to live."

Ilona couldn't quite pinpoint what exactly that restless feeling inside of her was. It was something that had a hold on her ever since she had been young, like an ever vigilant tiger pacing around inside of a cage with a wild look in its eyes. She always had to move from place to place and make sure she parted from others before she became to close to them. There was even a part of her, stronger than the part that had been disappointed Shiki needed to return home, that was actually glad he wouldn't go with her. As much as she respected him, Ilona knew it wouldn't have been difficult to grow attached to having him as a friend. The girl felt something blocking her, cutting her off from opening up her heart.

"Anyhow, you are correct in saying this won't be our last meeting. While this vast multiverse may be unpredictable, it can never sever the ties that bind us if we refused to let it," Ilona told him, momentarily breaking from the heavier subject he had brought up. She also ceased her staring into the distance and glanced back at him. "So long as that invitation to visit you at your manor still stands, once I've learned to better control my powers I'd be happy to take you up on that offer. I'd very much enjoy meeting your sister and other friends! After all, those of us with god-like powers should stick together, yes?" Saying her last sentence actually made Ilona feel a bit better. It reminded her that she wasn't the only soul in the multiverse who had such destructive potential.

Ilona paused, once more drifting into thoughts about what Shiki had said before. Again her vision would drift past him, blue eyes gazing off into the distance.

JXnBxiO.png

How can I find it? If I could attain peace then maybe, just maybe, one day I will be able to return home just as he intends to do. Just as Sir Shiki did, I left home without saying a word to my parents. It's been years since I've seen them... I wonder if they worry over me? Or if I even matter now that they have another child...

@Verite @Kaykay @Bomb
"Hmm, Bibi? He'll be fine. Maybe he's just tired." Zidane said he looked at Bibi, who is now looking at the bloodstained clothes he has.

"Anyways," Zidane continued, "What are you goung to do now?" he asked. "I'm going to go back home soon, to check with the others. You?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Ilona stared off into the distance, hardly reacting when Mason would hug her. She kept her arms limp at her sides, not moving. "I'm not sure if thanking the Sun for this will do you much good," she mumbled, unsure of what else she wanted to say to the others. After what had happened, she wasn't exactly in a very positive or cheerful mood.

What I saw when I died, it was... nothing. Where was my Sun? Should I not have been in its presence? I now find myself wondering if my faith is but a lie. But my faith is all I've had for so many years. Without it, I scarcely have a thing. What do I even have to believe in or trust if not my Sun?

Perhaps I have nothing. Regardless, I have to face my life. No matter how much it hurts, I can't hide from it forever.

After a moment she reached up to rub her eyes again, causing the red hues in them to finally fade away. It was then that Ilona pulled back from Mason and stood up, glancing down at herself with a frown.

I'd honestly just like to rest, be left alone, and maybe get some new clothes. I'm not sure why I've been wearing pale yellow all this time. That color gets dirty constantly. Wearing such a thing is one of the many poor choices I've made in my life. I will need to make a few changes, my clothes and even my title being one of them. Now is most certainly the time to stop calling myself a princess.

Finally realizing that Mason and Ruby were still watching her, Ilona glanced back at them and put on a smile as she always did. "I'm not sad, just tired, Sir Mason," she fibbed. "You and Miss Ruby and the others may return to the group and see if they need any aide in battle, if you wish. I shall stay here so that I will keep from causing more trouble."

Meanwhile, Train glanced to Arty, shaking his head. "I'm not a vodka kind of guy, but I'd gladly down a glass of milk right about now. In fact, I could down several bottles after how long today has been," he said with a chuckle, twirling his gun before placing it in his holster. He then placed his hands behind his head, relaxing for a moment.

@Mason Moretti @york @Bomb @Nater Taters
Continued from here.

Epilogue
"A Girl, Her Cookies, The Multiverse"

Slowly but surely, the portal in the sky grew smaller and smaller. The illusionary enemies faded away and the being known as Mother retreated up into the abyss. With a great explosion of green light the void above disappeared, though not before sending a shock wave down to the ground, slamming into Junko and Misaka. The electromaster went flying from the blast, though Junko was nowhere to be seen.

Makoto stumbled to his feet, looking up at the sky to see the void be replaced by an endless darkness. Dark blue cracks were all that were left of the portal, making the sky look as if it was some kind of dark window.

Was it finally over?

MxqHXJK.png

"Are they... finally gone?" Shiki questioned, holding his lightly wounded arm as he looked up at the sky along with Makoto and a number of the other Coalition members around. Such a grim sight for what was supposed to feel like a victory, but really didn't.

If this was a victory, it was certainly bittersweet, if even sweet at all. The blackness of the strange sky above may as well be the black mirror that reflected mankind's darkest as far as he was concerned.

Close to Shiki, Misaka groaned as she removed herself from her own personal crater. She was going to be feeling that for a few days. She took a few steps forward before crying out in pain and falling to her knees. She felt completely powerless, cut off from her esper abilities for the moment.

d4oCbF9.jpg

"Come on..."

Shiki02.png

"!"

Naturally taking notice of Misaka and her struggles, Shiki would promptly snap out of his stupor, spurred on by the unbelievable destruction in the area, jogging over to her and attempting to help the younger girl back to her feet.

"H-Hey, easy there. You worked yourself up real good back there, kid. Just relax," the bespectacled young man spoke soothingly, like comforting a wounded girl was second nature to him.

... Even if she was like, what, 12?

"I'm fine," she said roughly, rejecting Shiki's help for the moment. She shifted away from him and attempted to stand on her own, but another shock of pain wracked her body and she was forced to fall into Shiki's embrace.

Nervously not meeting his gaze, she let him help her back on to her feet from there. "Just... Tell me where I am."

Shiki made sure to be careful with handling Misaka, almost as though her entire body was a piece of brittle, even when she'd initially rejected his help. Kid certainly was headstrong, the young man mused to himself. When the girl would be helped back to her feet, her question would perplex Shiki to a degree, even prompting him to raise an eyebrow at her.

"You... don't know? Well, I suppose if you've been unconscious all this time... though if you were, who sabotaged that trap back in the Silent Earth illusion, I wonder? I-In any case, you're in the headquarters of an organization called the Coalition. Or... Well uh, I guess it's not much of a headquarters now, but it's certainly something. From here, you can travel to whatever world you need to get to, assuming that all you wanna do is just go home. And... Well, not to be intrusive or anything, but the look your eyes give, there's someone back home that you wanna see again, am I right?"

Though perhaps anyone who would have accused Shiki of projecting wouldn't have been completely inaccurate, the young man could certainly sense some feeling of urgency from the girl, even despite how tired she was, like she still had something she needed to get done, and the only thing that drove someone like that was...

... Well, anyway.

"Ugh." Why'd he have to go and say a thing like that? If Misaka was looking forward to seeing anybody, it was just her friends... As if anyone else would be on her mind. So what if that guy never got his cookies, it wasn't like he was going to starve without them. He wouldn't have even known she had been on her way to deliver them anyway.

... She really needed to stop thinking.

"Okay, I think I get the idea. I should just be able to go back, right?" That's what she wanted, but something about all this told her there was still more for her to do. Even though that skeleton had stopped speaking to her, something about that girl she had coincidentally met tugged at Misaka in a way. They were linked now, and their time together was not yet over.

"... You have some kind of leader around here? Take me to them," she practically demanded.

Shiki raised an eyebrow at Misaka's request, and the way she practically commanded him around, but said nothing of it, simply letting out a soft sigh. The leader, huh? He wondered why she'd need to see them, but whatever.

"Ah, r-right, that would be... Miss Kirigiri, I believe. She's right over..."

. . .

B9u6ZG0.png

"Kyoko..." Makoto began to move, his feet dragging through the rubble. After a moment, Sorey and Mikleo were at his side, helping him walk. "Bring me to her... I need to see her."

"I'm... right here," Kyoko spoke, appearing behind Makoto, her shoulder bandaged up when she'd been dragged along by Cheza and led to Akiko, her bullet wound from Ocelot tended to promptly, as expected as the chief medical officer of the Coalition. Or at least, that was how Akiko fancied herself. Without drawing much attention to herself, Kyoko would make her way through the rubble of the place and look over at Makoto upon reaching him, "Are you alright?"

xHGEyvj.jpg

"Careful, Commander. You should be mindful of your own wounds as well. I did what I could without having to resort to my power, but you still need to take care."

Makoto smiled at Akiko. "Thank you." He then gestured for the others to let him stand on his own. He took a few stumbling steps toward Kyoko, pushing against her so that they were entwined in some kind of sloppy hug. "I'm so happy you're okay, b-but..."

Makoto's voice broke as tears dripped down his cheeks. "Everything is different now. We're broken."

kiri015.png

"..."

Kyoko made no immediate move in response to Makoto leaning against her like a pillar. She was even more reluctant to say or do anything when the poor boy would begin to tear up, threatening to fall into despair at all that had happened in the past day. She hesitated to even hug him back really. Though she pitied him for the state he had been driven in, there was a small part of her that couldn't completely forgive Makoto, and even Kieran for that matter, for what had happened, whether they intended to or not; she debated with herself how much this was even their fault, really.

Still, she knew that she had to say something. Anything. She was his beacon of hope, after all. And right now, surely, Makoto could use some hope...

"No."

With bold determination, with strength that she was in no shortage of, or so it seemed, Kyoko Kirigiri cut through Makoto's despair like how Makoto used to cut through erroneous claims that the others would have made back then during the Killing School Life.

kiri034.png

"Everything may have changed, but we're far from broken, Makoto. Aren't you supposed to be the one full of hope and optimism here?" Kyoko inquired, keeping her face as composed and focused as ever, despite all that had happened, "This is... an opportunity. Ocelot and the Revanchist may have managed to have gotten the drop on us, but... Well, all we need to do is strike back when they think they have us beaten and try to rise up from the shadows. If you can still stand, you can still walk, and if you can still walk, then you can still fight for a better tomorrow, Makoto."

"This is an opportunity to rebuild and reform the Coalition, especially now that I'm back, and suddenly, as the sole leader again, like I used to be, but considering how deep we are in the multiverse's affairs now, I won't be able to do it alone. I need you standing at my side still, Makoto. Not behind me. So tell me..."

Kyoko stepped away from Makoto, having him stand on his own feet for a brief moment, before stretching her arm out to him, looking at him dead straight in the eyes.

"If you're going to believe in me, then can I trust you to let myself believe in you in return?"

Kyoko's rejection cut like a knife, no matter how small it was. He faltered slightly as she stepped away, hands gripping into fists in despair. She sounded upset with him, even beyond her lecturing. Makoto couldn't but feel that this event had not only cut down the Coalition, but his precious relationship with Kyoko.

"... We've reformed once already," he said, unable to meet her gaze. His voice was hoarse as Makoto sounded on the verge of sobs. "How many times can we do this? We can't... With you, Kyoko, I think we'll only get one more chance."

One more chance. At the very least, Makoto didn't believe it was all over. He didn't know how everything would shake down, but he knew the Coalition had at least something more to give. "I've tried my best, Kyoko... And, I'll continue to do that, if you'll have me. If you believe in me, I won't let you down."

kiri016.png

"Then let us make use of that one last chance. It's too early to despair, after all, especially when we still have one more chance to prove our worth to everyone," Kyoko expressed, her focused gaze on Makoto shifting over to the sight of the devastated Coalition Headquarters before them all, taking in the destruction that had transpired through their neglect and mistakes as she'd drop her arm.

Normally, at a time like this, though she'd never admit it, even to herself, Kyoko would probably have found herself being more gentle with Makoto, as though walking on eggshells, but she couldn't afford to do that. Not now. Not again. She needed to get the Coalition back into shape, to the ideal organization that she had envisioned in her mind.

Even so, she needed him to rebuild the Coalition, and in turn, he needed her. There was little use in openly chastising Makoto; he knew that he'd done wrong, as did Kieran. The only thing to do from here was to simply restore things to what they once were, and then make them even better than ever once that happened.

But then, even she was human too.

"I'll hold you to that. We have a lot on our plate now. Tracking down the Revanchist, finding a new place, mending relations..." She gave a sigh, closing her eyes as if to let herself take it all in, before looking at the destruction once more, "People are daring to put their trust in us one more time, blind faith in hope. So let's show them that it's worth it to always keep hoping for that brighter tomorrow."

Makoto turned his head to take in what Kyoko was seeing. It was the full extent of their hubris, a great mighty hammer that laid waste to all their hard work. However things got to this boiling point, the idea alone made Makoto wince.

Lktxl9L.png

"If that's settled..." Makoto tried to catch Kyoko's still-wandering gaze. "Not to step on your toes, Kyoko... But we'll need to start evacuating everyone. For those who can't go back home, maybe the UN. Only then can we gather our leaders and figure out the path from here."

kiri032.png

"Well, I suppose it's as good a starting point as any," Kyoko simply said initially, idly rubbing her gloved hand as she spoke. Indeed, they'd all have to relocate soon; with this place compromised and damaged beyond relief, there was little question that they'd have to find a new base of operations soon, a task that would have to be done after escorting everyone to safety.

"If you're looking to clear people out, you can start with this kid here," Shiki spoke, sliding his way into the conversation between the two Coalition leaders along with Misaka, "She... said she wanted to see you, Miss Kirigiri. Makoto," he continued, giving the two of them a brief nod.

"O-Oh!" Makoto gasped upon seeing Misaka up close. "That's right, you were one of the participants of the Fiamma Incident!"

Misaka's gaze flipped between Makoto and Kyoko. She'd managed a haughty sort of demeanor walking up to them, but now all she felt was a bit strange. They seemed to know more about her than she did about them, which only reaffirmed her belief that she was supposed to stick around for a while.

"I think we need to talk," she said slowly. "Don't really know why I'm here, but it's something to do with that girl who vanished. First, though, uh... I'm sure you have better things to be doing, but there's something I need sent back home. For... someone. Can you do that?"

"Well--" Makoto was going to answer, but the sight of Paladin Danse stepping down into the crater to meet them made him pause.

gT7rfyd.png

"Commander Nae-- erm, I suppose it's just Commander Kirigiri now." The Brotherhood of Steel member turned his head and cleared his throat before continuing. "... I have been in contact with the Brotherhood and they are currently on their way to assist in the evacuation. Those who are able bodied should make their way to the Gateway room."

"That's good to hear. Thank you," Kyoko would acknowledge Danse and give a nod, before crossing her arms, "I suppose we should make that announcement soon enough and get people packing out of here. People shouldn't be here for longer than they ought to be."

Clearing his throat, Shiki would put his hands behind his back, looking over at Misaka. "A delivery? Well... Ah, I mean, I suppose I could take a detour on my way back hom--"

"Move."

"Wha--?"

Abrasively appearing and nudging Shiki out of the way, Carissa would appear before Misaka, the princess giving a somewhat intimidating look as she gazed upon Misaka's form, as though examining her being. Carissa remained quiet for a moment, before speaking again.

"The power you displayed, and that appearance... No doubt about it, you're an Esper from Academy City, aren't you?" Carissa spoke, placing a hand on her hip, "Though I doubt you're from the same exact world as myself, I can speculate that you are at least from the same general universe, so it would be little trouble for me to make the delivery once I ascertain your world. So have at thee; what sort of package do you need to be sent? Perhaps a holy sword of great power? Magical runes?" She inquired, not exactly caring if she might have come off too strong to Misaka. It would simply reflect badly on her if she didn't come off too strong if anything.

"What of it?" Misaka said at first, meeting this woman's steely gaze with one of her own. Did she seek to intimidate her, or was this her way of showing respect? Misaka hadn't ascertained the significance of the strange portal in the sky, but the fact that she had closed it must have meant something to the people around her.

JqK0qIE.png

... Although, any respect Misaka had earned was about to be lost when they heard her request. "U-Uhh... hm, well..." Damn that guy! "... It's cookies. I need cookies delivered to... to Kamijou Touma Th-They have to be homemade..."

Misaka nervously touched the tips of her fingers together, her face bright red.

"Oh, uh--" Makoto let out a laugh. "I don't think Kieran's left. He makes some pretty good cookies, you know..."

Shiki06.png

"..."

Shiki let out a pause, still sticking in the conversation despite Carissa seeming to shove him out as he'd raise an eyebrow, before also joining in on the good-natured laughter with Makoto. "Homemade cookies, huh? Man, that's... certainly not what I expected, but if it's just that for someone, I guess they must mean a whole lot to you, right?"

Meanwhile, Carissa gave a less than amused look, in stark contrast to Makoto and Shiki, while Kyoko seemed to be off discussing more matters with Danse. The MEU representative was thoroughly underwhelmed, thinking it was actually a matter of importance if it was something that needed to be transported across worlds, but if it was the girl herself that was displaced and not on purpose, then... Well, no matter. Her word was her word, and so, she'd have it delivered. She was a woman of honor, after all.

Besides... Touma Kamijou, eh? Now that was a name she hadn't heard in some time, yet it felt more familiar to her than it ought to.

Raising both of her arms to lightly smack Shiki and Makoto on the back of their heads, Carissa would sigh. "The matters of a maiden's heart are not to be taken lightly, though I suppose boys would not understand," she spoke patronizingly, despite not actually being that much older than the two of them, "Touma Kamijou... I suppose throughout the multiverse, the influence he exudes in his respective world extends quite far. What quixotic act of heroism did he perform to warrant such a reward, hmm? Punching some mad magician or Esper until their problems go away?" Carissa inquired almost snidely, though her perpetually stone serious face made it hard to find amusement in her words.

"You need not answer that. I'm probably right to a degree, aren't I?"

wA0IvfA.png

"... Sigh."

Meanwhile, Akiko, who had been standing idly all this time, mostly in order to ensure that Kyoko was still in operational condition, would sigh, seemingly uninterested in both of the conversations going on as she blankly looked upon the irreparable damage the headquarters had sustained, both to the structure itself and the people inside. She could assume that everyone else who had found themselves involved in this little... civil war also wouldn't care much either. The ones who weren't in need of some medical attention probably just wanted to go home and think over everything that had happened. If even that. The nurse pursed her lips, visibly troubled despite the light banter on one side, and the vigilant drive to rebuild on the other; the duality of the Coalition.

Things were certainly going to be different from here on out. After all the cans of worms that had been opened, the skeletons in the closets that had been revealed, perhaps it was a given that nothing would ever be the same from here on out. Trust had been lost, people left and right were leaving, and there was certainly a lot that had to be reformed if anyone could even wish for the Coalition to be trusted again.

Akiko had to wonder if there was enough room in all the multiverse to contain all this malevolence, this hatred, this... despair... but, then again...

"... Well, it is a big multiverse, after all," she mused softly to herself.

And in this great big multiverse... While it certainly had more than enough space to house despair, it was the hope that co-existed alongside that made this place worth existing within. So Akiko Yosano, at the very least, would continue to fight for the sake of good. As would Makoto Naegi. And Kyoko Kirigiri. And Doppo Kunikida. As well as Gwen Stacy and Byakuya Togami. For as long as the Coalition would continue to exist, as well as the United Nations, the Brotherhood of Steel, the Multiverse Emergency Unit, the Future Foundation, and more... Hope would continue to exist, just as strongly as the despair that flowed within the place around them.

She could only hope that everyone would soon be able to overcome the adversaries they found in each other before the true villains of this never-ending story implemented their plan, but for now... Well, as was just said, all she could do was hope.

And fragile as it may be, hope was what sparked redemption. For the Coalition, and for everyone.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Wren as Bradley Martin Holland (OC)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@Archwar as Doomguy (Doom)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@Raven as Piper Wright (Fallout)
@Cirilla as Mercy (Overwatch)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Krieg as Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
@C.T. as Qrow Branwen (RWBY)
@BarrenThin as Reinhardt Wilhelm and Genji Shimada (Overwatch)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@pubbbb as Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama (Mob Psycho 100)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe (Wolf's Rain)
@Yang Lee as Uncle Iroh (Avatar)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​
Ruby Rose
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Nater Taters @Mason Moretti @Atomyk @Others?

Ruby smiled sweetly, shrugging her shoulders a little.

"Um... I think we're in the clear! I'll just hang around here... Untill..." She trailed off though, seeming to be pondering about something.

It looks like things were over, for now, and everyone was busy saying their goodbyes, and in fact, Ruby was about to do the same; she figured she should share some parting words with Ilona, Shiki, Mason, Train, and well, really... As many as she could, however, before she started on any of that, something suddenly came to mind once more.

pnuKRkK.gif

"I'll be... Right back! Yeah! I juuuust need to... Check out something reaaal quick!"
Ruby said, trying to look as casual as she could as she er... Withdrew from the scene.

Fortunately, Ilona and the others seemed occupied, so Ruby even had time to quickly snag Zwei's now battered looking suitcase, giving the little sleeping dog a little pet; looking the "Zwei Cannon" over, she winced a little. Yeesh, that dog sure knew how to pick his battles; maaaybe she should drop by the Coalition armory for a bit? At any rate, first thing's first, Ruby decided to head to the med bay to check up on Jennifer one last time.

Even if she wasn't awake... The least she could do was... Share some parting words, talk with her, but not really... Sorta like how she "talks" with her mother every so often, except... Well, with a few key differences, that is.

Zwei
@Verite

Not long after Ruby dropped by to pick up that battered suitcase, Zwei awoke with a snort, looking around the area, though it was hard to tell if he actually understood what people were saying, the dog certainly knew that things were wrapping up now.

Since stuff was coming to an end though, he also realized that he'd probably have to leave sooner or later, so while he could, he took the opportunity to look for Len, sniffing the air as he attempted to follow her scent.

Looks like the lil dog had taken a sort of interest in her...​

103.png

"..."

For a moment, Shizuo simply glared the shorter man, his temper threatening to flare up again. His free hand, devoid of his lighter as the other held his smoke, clenched for a moment, balling into a fist... Before loosening as he relaxed and took another breath of the cigarette smoke.

093.png

"Fine... but you had best not cause any more trouble for anyone, got it?"
tumblr_o9z5y5oGfe1v3qowuo7_100.png

"Thanks... I'll just have all of the trouble to myself anyways~ My mother wouldn't like that if I had others go through my problems, right?"

It was strange that Add was suddenly this way, which was definitely not like him at all. It was more than taking in the Dark El... because in a way, he figured out something about all of this that no one else knew. Giving Shizuo his space, Add figured that it was time to leave and take care of the problems he had on him, as he had said a few times by now... However, he noticed something off...

tumblr_o8dl8gtFfU1v3qowuo3_100.png

".... Elesis, you've been asleep for quite awhile... hey..."

Add shook the Crimson Avenger several times in his arms, but she didn't respond... No, she wasn't... breathing.

tumblr_o9bb52xBUo1v3qowuo4_100.png

"... oh god, Elesis, c'mon... wake up!"

The esper was only met with silence. She was fine when they had finished up with the fights, and he could tell that she only fainted from fatigue... but she shouldn't be in this condition at all! Even with the sudden change in his heart, Add had a feeling that he had done something wrong, something that his mother wouldn't like. Back then, he only did things because he was told that he would get a way to see his mother again after doing what the Institute wanted him to do... and he found the fun inside his work because of that promise. But now... he was different, the Dark El possibly did something that he didn't want to uptake, and he saw no progress to that promise the Institute had ensured for him...

He didn't like this... and he was starting to become aware that this wasn't what his mother wanted.

You could say that the Dark El's contamination into his body had made him aware of these problems, driving his madness aside to realize this.

"... were you even listening to Elesis giving out those dying mumbles? Elesis... my Sunshine, she was being killed by being so close to you! Your Dark El, that phantom in you... it forced itself into you, and wishes to take energy from others to keep you as its host. Its different than the connection I had with her... she could coexist with me. However, because of your situation, your Phantom is probably worse than me... and can't easily coexist with you."

"... so I indirectly... let my phantom... take in her Dark El energy?"

"Yeah, that's right. You got me to bother you from now on. But since that's the energy that kept Elesis alive, she's gone. I'm not sure how this is gonna work... but you'll need to sap off of other people in order to keep yourself safe."

tumblr_o82zwxBq2X1v3qowuo1_100.png

"... that makes me... something worse than what Elesis was... r-right?"

This didn't sound right. His mother wouldn't like this at all... both that Add had to hurt others to survive and that not doing so meant he would die as well. Just the thought of that... it stirred up with madness that he usually had, as if it were a way to suddenly cope with this revelation.

So Add unconsciously dropped Elesis's limp and lifeless body to the ground, collapsing onto the ground on his knees... laughing silently alongside a few tears being shed.

When it seemed like he had some turning point, he instantly returned to madness...

@anybody @gonna start my epilogue soon​

103.png

"..."

For a moment, Shizuo simply glared the shorter man, his temper threatening to flare up again. His free hand, devoid of his lighter as the other held his smoke, clenched for a moment, balling into a fist... Before loosening as he relaxed and took another breath of the cigarette smoke.

093.png

"Fine... but you had best not cause any more trouble for anyone, got it?"

tumblr_o9z5y5oGfe1v3qowuo7_100.png

"Thanks... I'll just have all of the trouble to myself anyways~ My mother wouldn't like that if I had others go through my problems, right?"

It was strange that Add was suddenly this way, which was definitely not like him at all. It was more than taking in the Dark El... because in a way, he figured out something about all of this that no one else knew. Giving Shizuo his space, Add figured that it was time to leave and take care of the problems he had on him, as he had said a few times by now... However, he noticed something off...

tumblr_o8dl8gtFfU1v3qowuo3_100.png

".... Elesis, you've been asleep for quite awhile... hey..."

Add shook the Crimson Avenger several times in his arms, but she didn't respond... No, she wasn't... breathing.

tumblr_o9bb52xBUo1v3qowuo4_100.png

"... oh god, Elesis, c'mon... wake up!"

The esper was only met with silence. She was fine when they had finished up with the fights, and he could tell that she only fainted from fatigue... but she shouldn't be in this condition at all! Even with the sudden change in his heart, Add had a feeling that he had done something wrong, something that his mother wouldn't like. Back then, he only did things because he was told that he would get a way to see his mother again after doing what the Institute wanted him to do... and he found the fun inside his work because of that promise. But now... he was different, the Dark El possibly did something that he didn't want to uptake, and he saw no progress to that promise the Institute had ensured for him...

He didn't like this... and he was starting to become aware that this wasn't what his mother wanted.

You could say that the Dark El's contamination into his body had made him aware of these problems, driving his madness aside to realize this.

"... were you even listening to Elesis giving out those dying mumbles? Elesis... my Sunshine, she was being killed by being so close to you! Your Dark El, that phantom in you... it forced itself into you, and wishes to take energy from others to keep you as its host. Its different than the connection I had with her... she could coexist with me. However, because of your situation, your Phantom is probably worse than me... and can't easily coexist with you."

"... so I indirectly... let my phantom... take in her Dark El energy?"

"Yeah, that's right. You got me to bother you from now on. But since that's the energy that kept Elesis alive, she's gone. I'm not sure how this is gonna work... but you'll need to sap off of other people in order to keep yourself safe."

tumblr_o82zwxBq2X1v3qowuo1_100.png

"... that makes me... something worse than what Elesis was... r-right?"

This didn't sound right. His mother wouldn't like this at all... both that Add had to hurt others to survive and that not doing so meant he would die as well. Just the thought of that... it stirred up with madness that he usually had, as if it were a way to suddenly cope with this revelation.

So Add unconsciously dropped Elesis's limp and lifeless body to the ground, collapsing onto the ground on his knees... laughing silently alongside a few tears being shed.

When it seemed like he had some turning point, he instantly returned to madness...

@anybody @gonna start my epilogue soon​

WBJfeMo.webp

"Aaayyy! Shizuo! Good to see that you're well! So, still up for that farewell party stuff?" Kido smiles. "Can't believe how long it's been since you joined. Isn't that right sis- huh?"

Madoka was approaching Add's weeping face. He was facing what appeared to be a fallen Elesis.

glXTgGe.webp

"Is there... anything that can be done?"

@Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician

Last edited:
Misaka couldn't even begin to respond to Shiki, so she just crossed her arms and looked away from him. She didn't care about that guy, not really, it was just a matter of being thankful. The cookies were his own request, after all. Otherwise she would have just bought them, and he might have already had them by now if she had just done that.

But it had to be homemade, so he said.

To Carissa, Misaka just shook her head. "Doesn't matter what he did. He helped, that's all that matters."

@Verite

When Ruby entered the Med Bay, she would have found the room in complete disarray. With evacuations under way, everyone remaining was quickly making their out into the halls, carrying beds for those who were unconscious or couldn't walk. Kieran passed her by, carrying one bed, though that one didn't have Jennifer on it. None of the beds currently being moved did, for Ruby would find Jennifer in one of the last remaining beds yet to be moved.

The girl was still unconscious, looking no different than she had ever since this started. She had thankfully been unaffected by the fighting, or at least so it seemed. Byakuya Togami was nearby, and as he noticed Ruby, he pretended to ignore her for a few moments. As she lingered, he decided to speak up.

fbiZIdu.png

"... She's fine. Kieran kept the hurt ones from further harm. You shouldn't hang around here too long or you'll just be in the way."

@york

Shiki01.png

"Wh... What are you--?!"

WI24i8W.png

tcUNbOp.png

i8zPedC.png

it seemed Remilia was satisfied with Shiki's confused apology. An apology which probably should have come from her side, but such was life. The little vampire was currently content to just sit off to the side until it was time to go home, or something happened. She'd also apparently not noticed that Shiki hadn't exactly referred to her in the most respectful way.

"Hmm, that's true, isn't it?" Sakuya replied thoughtfully, raising a finger to her chin as she wore a surprised-seeming expression. Ever since he'd snapped earlier, she hadn't really used an honorific when referring to him either. Though for friends, she supposed, that should be perfectly natural.

173.png

"Well it's a lot more relaxed this way, don't you think, Shiki?" She laughed herself, folding her arms relaxedly. Shifting a bit so that she'd face Ilona was well, the maid's face settled into a calm smile. "I'm sure we'll all meet again, so long as we wish to. Don't you all think?"

WBJfeMo.webp

"Aaayyy! Shizuo! Good to see that you're well! So, still up for that farewell party stuff?" Kido smiles. "Can't believe how long it's been since you joined. Isn't that right sis- huh?"

Madoka was approaching Add's weeping face. He was facing what appeared to be a fallen Elesis.

glXTgGe.webp

"Is there... anything that can be done?"

@Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician
tumblr_nwquvv3Mix1u3z5n7o3_100.png

"... no."

This wasn't good. He didn't mean to this time... but in a way, he was in a situation that made him do bad things in order to live. Maybe his madness was to keep himself alive at this point... Either way, Add immediately stood up and stared at the two Producers, transitioning his shocked expression with that usual mad smile of his.

tumblr_o8dl0nhhoV1v3qowuo10_100.png

"W-Well... if you take another step forwards, I'm sure it won't be any good for you. You can see what happened to... Elesis... right? Kekeke... You can look for yourself on what remains of her!"

Everyone saw him as a crazed time traveler anyways, so rather distance himself using that facade. He simply felt aware of how his actions had harmed others, a thing that his mother wouldn't love to hear if she were to be back with him for real.

Not giving much else to say, Add opened up a time rift and stepped back into it, having it close up before anyone had the chance of going after him.

@epilogue time soon @have fun with a dead elesis lol​

QA276FI.png

JXnBxiO.png

@Verite @Kaykay @Bomb
it seemed Remilia was satisfied with Shiki's confused apology. An apology which probably should have come from her side, but such was life. The little vampire was currently content to just sit off to the side until it was time to go home, or something happened. She'd also apparently not noticed that Shiki hadn't exactly referred to her in the most respectful way.

"Hmm, that's true, isn't it?" Sakuya replied thoughtfully, raising a finger to her chin as she wore a surprised-seeming expression. Ever since he'd snapped earlier, she hadn't really used an honorific when referring to him either. Though for friends, she supposed, that should be perfectly natural.

173.png

"Well it's a lot more relaxed this way, don't you think, Shiki?" She laughed herself, folding her arms relaxedly. Shifting a bit so that she'd face Ilona was well, the maid's face settled into a calm smile. "I'm sure we'll all meet again, so long as we wish to. Don't you all think?"

iZIaAJ0.png

"Aha, brave? Well... I wouldn't exactly know about that, but that's very kind of you to say. I'm just a person who wants to live a quiet life alongside those who care for me, just as I do them. Isn't that what all the good people around want to achieve, after all?" Shiki said modestly with a soft laugh, scratching the back of his head. He had spent much of his life until recently running away from his past, his sins. After he'd initially failed to protect the ones he loved, he had sunk into the depths of despair, but... He was standing here and now, more fulfilled than he ever could have realized because of his journey and the tribulations he'd faced along the way, small and big.

"I hope that somewhere along the line, you do find whatever it is that you want out of life, whatever makes it worth living, just as I had to find mine."

It was an odd thing. To finally meet someone like Ilona. Her very existence was, admittedly, something of an anomaly within the multiverse. Linked to the Murder Game "Progenitors," just as Shiki was, burdened with a horrifyingly devastating power that she never wanted, and wished dearly to simply live a tranquil life. It was almost like looking into a mirror. Albeit a strange mirror at that. It was a strange thing. Shiki could still remember Sir Solaire and Miss Elsa during his time with them just two years earlier, and yet, before he knew it, he was here, meeting with their lovechild, no more than a year or so younger than him. The multiverse truly worked in strange ways.

The bespectacled boy would then give a gentle laugh at Ilona's half-joke about god-like beings, as well as Sakuya's remark, keeping his hands pocketed. "Yes, indeed. Now, that would be quite a sight, wouldn't it? The multiverse's most powerful beings just having a nice cup of tea together. Evildoers beware, and all that. I even know another guy who isn't one to scoff at either though... I wonder if that Minato would feel inclined to join, considering he's already committed..." Shiki said idly, touching his lip for a moment in thought, before clearing his throat.

"In any case, who knows? Perhaps I'll be the one to serve you tea if you ever stop by, Sakuya," Shiki continued, still with that smile, emphasizing the maid's name after realizing he'd ceased to refer to her with any sort of formal honorific. He was right. It did feel quite natural to say it like that, "After all, when I look back at my life, maids seem to be something of a good omen, so maybe I ought to give back to them after all they've done for me, eh?"

And then, Ilona would pose a question that would give Shiki pause. How did he find it? Was it really one big event that slapped him in the face? Or... Was it just a series of events that had all come together like some sort of jigsaw puzzle? Perhaps a bit of both, to be honest.

4bFUDYN.png

"How did I... find what I wanted to live for? Well, that's difficult to answer indeed," Shiki answered, but wracked his brain in order to produce the best response that he could, clearing his throat as he'd adjust his glasses, "For all my life, I had been... troubled. I used to live believing that just because my time as a person was limited, I should live every day like my last, because just living was enough for me. It was... a dispassionate life. I didn't especially connect with a lot of people. I only had about one or two close friends, and mostly because I could sense that, like... We had the same affinity towards life and death. An unspoken understanding, almost supernatural. But... Well, everything changed when a certain vampire showed up in town, and everything started to change from there," the young man spoke, finding himself about to retell his life story if he wasn't careful.

"From there, alongside that benevolent vampire, I found myself stepping into the dark abyss of death. Though I'd had my Mystic Eyes since I was a kid, my Sensei taught me never to use it, because every organism under the sun was entitled to a peaceful life. But these monsters, these creatures of the night, evil vampires and demons that wanted to kill and act as they pleased at the cost of the lives of others... I had to kill them. I fought for a long time, and I had to sacrifice a lot in the process. I didn't realize it until much later, but it was at this moment that I realized I was substituting "hunting" and "fighting" for "living." I had occupied myself and my time with these adventures I'd ended up going on, killing these monsters, and of course working my way up to the Arch Demon when I'd been plopped into the Murder Games. And then... After that, there was nothing left to fight. No evil left to vanquish. And I found myself not content with my life, but I didn't realize it. I felt like there was something more that I needed to do. Even after I'd made peace with my sins, I thought there was another great evil that I need to vanquish. So I left to go find that evil. And to find myself. Of course, there was Umbrella, which had been hunting me, as well as other Progenitors like Ms. Valentine, and damn well nearly killed me. However, it was then in that moment of myself reaching death's door that I realized something. It's useless to seek out whatever evil might intend to harm you. The only thing I ever had to do was live my life. Nothing more, nothing less. There was never any evil that I absolutely had to fight, so long as they didn't come to hurt me or the people I cared for. So... That's why I stayed here for a while. These people, Umbrella, I could guess what they wanted from me, and if they wanted to get me, I'd sit in a place that they'd be able to find me so that they could come to me. And so, they did. The rest... is history."

Oops. It felt like he did just tell his recent life story.

"The short answer, basically... I suppose is, don't look for something you cannot obtain, nor should you look for something that might just be under your nose all this time. Just go down the path that you genuinely, with all your being, believe is right, and you cannot possibly be wrong."

Zwei
@Verite

Not long after Ruby dropped by to pick up that battered suitcase, Zwei awoke with a snort, looking around the area, though it was hard to tell if he actually understood what people were saying, the dog certainly knew that things were wrapping up now.

Since stuff was coming to an end though, he also realized that he'd probably have to leave sooner or later, so while he could, he took the opportunity to look for Len, sniffing the air as he attempted to follow her scent.

Looks like the lil dog had taken a sort of interest in her...​
len10_zpsa46d3039.png

"..."

Zwei's search would eventually indeed have him end up before Len, who had been idly standing by, though in her humanoid form now rather than her cat form. Still, considering that either way she was the same entity, she still had the same scent, and thus, was hopefully still recognizable.

Looking down at the dog when it would come to approach her, the familiar would get down and initially simply pat him, before picking him up in her hands and standing back up, holding her fairly close and letting the two of them come face to face, as though she intended on sharing some sort of unspoken exchange together, staring into the dog's eyes unemotionally as she oft did.

Truly, the meeting of the minds.

@york

Last edited:
Artyom just chuckled when Train asked what his plans were after this was over. There was really nothing he could do but go home and try to live a quiet life, which was almost impossible in The Metro

"I'll go home....it's not like I have anywhere else to go, all my friends and family reside in The Metro,as tempting as it is to move somewhere on the surface, I can't just leave them behind...there is no home for me but The Metro." He said sadly, looking down at his feet. When Train brought up his search for Eve, Artyom looked back up

"I could get The Order to look for Eve throughout The Metro, and contact you if we find anything. I'll have to say though, don't get your hopes up...The Metro isn't kind to newcomers."

Artyom paused once before turning to Train, he walked over to the smaller man..staring him straight in the eye with an unreadable expression

"Before I leave....I do have to ask this....What's it like....on the surface?"
tumblr_inline_nl0l0ioGDW1r3leyb.png

When Artyom voiced his plans, Train nodded. "I don't blame you. If all my friends were safe back home I'd head home mysel--" He cut himself off suddenly, frowning at a thought that popped into his head. He did still have one friend back home. Sven was there, albeit not doing very well. Other than his intentions to find Eve, he still needed to make sure to help his other good friend. Maybe that was another thing the UN would be able to help him with...

"Thanks, man, that means a lot," Train replied, a small smile crossing his lips when Arty offered to let him know if he found out any information about Eve. "Either way, I'm sure I'll find her. Like I said, I don't ever intend to give up on her." He closed his eyes, picturing her face for a moment. "She's like family, and I know she'd do the same thing for me."

The ex-assassin paused for a moment, thinking over Artyom's question. "The surface, huh? Where I come from..." Train trailed off, momentarily mulling over how he would reply. "Where I come from, the world is rough, but that doesn't mean it's all bad. I'm not the most poetic or descriptive person, but I'd say the world is whatever you make it to be. And what I make it to be is... a great place with a warm sun, good food, great milk, and lots of different places to go."

@Nater Taters

173.png

iZIaAJ0.png

"Aha, brave? Well... I wouldn't exactly know about that, but that's very kind of you to say. I'm just a person who wants to live a quiet life alongside those who care for me, just as I do them. Isn't that what all the good people around want to achieve, after all?" Shiki said modestly with a soft laugh, scratching the back of his head. He had spent much of his life until recently running away from his past, his sins. After he'd initially failed to protect the ones he loved, he had sunk into the depths of despair, but... He was standing here and now, more fulfilled than he ever could have realized because of his journey and the tribulations he'd faced along the way, small and big.

"I hope that somewhere along the line, you do find whatever it is that you want out of life, whatever makes it worth living, just as I had to find mine."

It was an odd thing. To finally meet someone like Ilona. Her very existence was, admittedly, something of an anomaly within the multiverse. Linked to the Murder Game "Progenitors," just as Shiki was, burdened with a horrifyingly devastating power that she never wanted, and wished dearly to simply live a tranquil life. It was almost like looking into a mirror. Albeit a strange mirror at that. It was a strange thing. Shiki could still remember Sir Solaire and Miss Elsa during his time with them just two years earlier, and yet, before he knew it, he was here, meeting with their lovechild, no more than a year or so younger than him. The multiverse truly worked in strange ways.

The bespectacled boy would then give a gentle laugh at Ilona's half-joke about god-like beings, as well as Sakuya's remark, keeping his hands pocketed. "Yes, indeed. Now, that would be quite a sight, wouldn't it? The multiverse's most powerful beings just having a nice cup of tea together. Evildoers beware, and all that. I even know another guy who isn't one to scoff at either though... I wonder if that Minato would feel inclined to join, considering he's already committed..." Shiki said idly, touching his lip for a moment in thought, before clearing his throat.

"In any case, who knows? Perhaps I'll be the one to serve you tea if you ever stop by, Sakuya," Shiki continued, still with that smile, emphasizing the maid's name after realizing he'd ceased to refer to her with any sort of formal honorific. He was right. It did feel quite natural to say it like that, "After all, when I look back at my life, maids seem to be something of a good omen, so maybe I ought to give back to them after all they've done for me, eh?"

And then, Ilona would pose a question that would give Shiki pause. How did he find it? Was it really one big event that slapped him in the face? Or... Was it just a series of events that had all come together like some sort of jigsaw puzzle? Perhaps a bit of both, to be honest.

4bFUDYN.png

"How did I... find what I wanted to live for? Well, that's difficult to answer indeed," Shiki answered, but wracked his brain in order to produce the best response that he could, clearing his throat as he'd adjust his glasses, "For all my life, I had been... troubled. I used to live believing that just because my time as a person was limited, I should live every day like my last, because just living was enough for me. It was... a dispassionate life. I didn't especially connect with a lot of people. I only had about one or two close friends, and mostly because I could sense that, like... We had the same affinity towards life and death. An unspoken understanding, almost supernatural. But... Well, everything changed when a certain vampire showed up in town, and everything started to change from there," the young man spoke, finding himself about to retell his life story if he wasn't careful.

"From there, alongside that benevolent vampire, I found myself stepping into the dark abyss of death. Though I'd had my Mystic Eyes since I was a kid, my Sensei taught me never to use it, because every organism under the sun was entitled to a peaceful life. But these monsters, these creatures of the night, evil vampires and demons that wanted to kill and act as they pleased at the cost of the lives of others... I had to kill them. I fought for a long time, and I had to sacrifice a lot in the process. I didn't realize it until much later, but it was at this moment that I realized I was substituting "hunting" and "fighting" for "living." I had occupied myself and my time with these adventures I'd ended up going on, killing these monsters, and of course working my way up to the Arch Demon when I'd been plopped into the Murder Games. And then... After that, there was nothing left to fight. No evil left to vanquish. And I found myself not content with my life, but I didn't realize it. I felt like there was something more that I needed to do. Even after I'd made peace with my sins, I thought there was another great evil that I need to vanquish. So I left to go find that evil. And to find myself. Of course, there was Umbrella, which had been hunting me, as well as other Progenitors like Ms. Valentine, and damn well nearly killed me. However, it was then in that moment of myself reaching death's door that I realized something. It's useless to seek out whatever evil might intend to harm you. The only thing I ever had to do was live my life. Nothing more, nothing less. There was never any evil that I absolutely had to fight, so long as they didn't come to hurt me or the people I cared for. So... That's why I stayed here for a while. These people, Umbrella, I could guess what they wanted from me, and if they wanted to get me, I'd sit in a place that they'd be able to find me so that they could come to me. And so, they did. The rest... is history."

"The short answer, basically... I suppose is, don't look for something you cannot obtain, nor should you look for something that might just be under your nose all this time. Just go down the path that you genuinely, with all your being, believe is right, and you cannot possibly be wrong."

"Hmm, Bibi? He'll be fine. Maybe he's just tired." Zidane said he looked at Bibi, who is now looking at the bloodstained clothes he has.

"Anyways," Zidane continued, "What are you goung to do now?" he asked. "I'm going to go back home soon, to check with the others. You?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
ibokvzW.png

"Are you most certain he is all right?" Ilona questioned Zidane, concern clearly glistening in her eyes. She didn't know much about Bibi so perhaps she was overreacting, but the girl couldn't help but worry over those she cared for. Ilona gently reached down to give Bibi another pat on his head, offering him a smile as well. "Take care, little one." The blonde then looked back up at Zidane, holding the smile on her face. "I will likely go with Miss Lalonde and Miss Akagi so that they may find a safe place for me to practice learning my abilities," she told him.

Ilona then turned to glance at Sakuya, nodding in her direction. "I'm certain we will all meet again. Where there is a will, I highly believe there is a way," she replied, truthfully feeling a bit unsettled. Both Sakuya and Zidane as well seemed as if they were going home. It saddened her a bit. Zidane had always been kind to her, albeit flirty. Sakuya had been kind too, even if she had teased Ilona every once in a while. Ilona liked them both. If she had the opportunity, she would've loved to hang around them more.

But they were both going home.

Just as she had considered with Shiki, she almost wanted to invite them go come along with her. But these people had lives, ones she didn't want to interfere with. They probably had other friends, maybe family, and other priorities they needed to take care of. Ilona knew she would always value them, but really wished they would've had more time together. Still, she couldn't be selfish. She would let them go without saying a single word of protest.

Ilona rubbed the back of her head, shrugging her shoulders in reply to Shiki. "Ah, perhaps you are right. To live a peaceful life is what most people want. But I feel as if it might be brave for individuals such as you and I to live normal lives... considering we are not the most normal of people," she admitted.

HOmPdoY.png

"But yes, it would be rather fun to spend time with individuals whom I could relate to. I certainly wouldn't mind spending time with-- Eh Sir Minato?" Ilona questioned suddenly, cutting herself off. Her eyes widened and a small blush spread over her cheeks. Could it have been the same Minato she knew of? With the huge multiverse they were in, what were the chances he could've been the same person? "Are you speaking of Sir Minato Arisato? From the Fiamma Incident?"

Ilona quieted after her question, giving Shiki a moment to answer her previous one. She didn't mind that he had spoken so much about his past, no, she actually enjoyed hearing him speak. He could've given her a small, simple answer, but instead took the time to share his experiences with her. Ilona liked hearing the life stories of others, always feeling as if there were some sort of lesson behind them. The girl always found stories of life to be the most valuable ones. She listened intently, hoping she could gain something out of his words, but only felt more lost after he had finished.

"I wouldn't even know where to start, as I do not have a path I feel strongly about. Lately, I've felt hesitant about every situation regarding my life. Every decision I have made is a half-hearted one, even the one I intend to make when I speak with Miss Lalonde and Miss Akagi." Ilona didn't really feel like she wanted to go with them, but felt as if she had to go with them. It wouldn't be fair to avoid learning how to control her powers so long as the possibility existed that they might hurt someone.

vAuSzXS.jpg

"Ah, nevertheless, I thank you for taking the time to tell me about your life. You've been through a lot yourself, haven't you? Learning how to bear one's sins is a powerful thing. Anyhow, I hope that, another time we meet, I will be able to tell you about my experiences and how I found the same fulfillment," Ilona replied, fixing her eyes on Shiki for a moment, as if studying him, to remember what he looked like in this moment. While she looked at him and saw a soul near identical to her own, somewhere in his words she had found their difference: his shortened life. While life could be cut short for anyone at any time, Ilona felt as if an early death wouldn't be her destiny. Especially not after her powers had seemed to prevent her from dying earlier. She felt a pang of sadness hit her heart as she looked over Shiki, feeling as if he deserved more than just a limited life. She hoped his time lasted long enough so they could at least meet again.

Pausing in her rather morbid thoughts thoughts, Ilona smiled sheepishly, catching herself thinking far too long about something so negative. "I apologize for making us have such a heavy conversation at a time like this. Since we'll be parting soon we should probably try to speak in a more light-hearted manner." Ilona sighed. "Truthfully, I do not know what to speak of with such little time left for all of us... Perhaps, friends, you wouldn't mind if I sent letters to all of you?"

@Bomb @Kaykay @Verite

ibokvzW.png

"Are you most certain he is all right?" Ilona questioned Zidane, concern clearly glistening in her eyes. She didn't know much about Bibi so perhaps she was overreacting, but the girl couldn't help but worry over those she cared for. Ilona gently reached down to give Bibi another pat on his head, offering him a smile as well. "Take care, little one." The blonde then looked back up at Zidane, holding the smile on her face. "I will likely go with Miss Lalonde and Miss Akagi so that they may find a safe place for me to practice learning my abilities," she told him.

@Bomb @Kaykay @Verite
36.png

"Is that so? That's pretty good to hear." Zidane commented. "Well, good luck out there. I hope we meet again." Zidane then patted Bibi on his head. "Well, let's go, Bibi. We don't want to worry anyone."

tumblr_inline_mry82c6Ncc1rk0sf0.jpg

"Y-yeah... bye Ilona." Bibi said, as both Zidane and Bibi walk out of the room.

--

"Urnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnrgh..." Bibi moaned.

As they were getting home, Bibi felt yet another wave of dizziness, but this time, it was so strong that Bibi collapsed for a moment.

"Bibi? What's wrong?" Zidane turned back and noticed Bibi, and knew that something was wrong with Bibi. Dangit, I should've listened to Ilona...

Zidane was already far from the Coalition, and they were almost home, so Zidane carried Bibi, and ran the rest of the way home. "What's going on?" Zidane muttered...

Last edited by a moderator:
iZIaAJ0.png

4bFUDYN.png

ibokvzW.png

Ilona then turned to glance at Sakuya, nodding in her direction. "I'm certain we will all meet again. Where there is a will, I highly believe there is a way," she replied, truthfully feeling a bit unsettled. Both Sakuya and Zidane as well seemed as if they were going home. It saddened her a bit. Zidane had always been kind to her, albeit flirty. Sakuya had been kind too, even if she had teased Ilona every once in a while. Ilona liked them both. If she had the opportunity, she would've loved to hang around them more.

But they were both going home.

Just as she had considered with Shiki, she almost wanted to invite them go come along with her. But these people had lives, ones she didn't want to interfere with. They probably had other friends, maybe family, and other priorities they needed to take care of. Ilona knew she would always value them, but really wished they would've had more time together. Still, she couldn't be selfish. She would let them go without saying a single word of protest.

Ilona rubbed the back of her head, shrugging her shoulders in reply to Shiki. "Ah, perhaps you are right. To live a peaceful life is what most people want. But I feel as if it might be brave for individuals such as you and I to live normal lives... considering we are not the most normal of people," she admitted.

HOmPdoY.png

"But yes, it would be rather fun to spend time with individuals whom I could relate to. I certainly wouldn't mind spending time with-- Eh Sir Minato?" Ilona questioned suddenly, cutting herself off. Her eyes widened and a small blush spread over her cheeks. Could it have been the same Minato she knew of? With the huge multiverse they were in, what were the chances he could've been the same person? "Are you speaking of Sir Minato Arisato? From the Fiamma Incident?"

Ilona quieted after her question, giving Shiki a moment to answer her previous one. She didn't mind that he had spoken so much about his past, no, she actually enjoyed hearing him speak. He could've given her a small, simple answer, but instead took the time to share his experiences with her. Ilona liked hearing the life stories of others, always feeling as if there were some sort of lesson behind them. The girl always found stories of life to be the most valuable ones. She listened intently, hoping she could gain something out of his words, but only felt more lost after he had finished.

"I wouldn't even know where to start, as I do not have a path I feel strongly about. Lately, I've felt hesitant about every situation regarding my life. Every decision I have made is a half-hearted one, even the one I intend to make when I speak with Miss Lalonde and Miss Akagi." Ilona didn't really feel like she wanted to go with them, but felt as if she had to go with them. It wouldn't be fair to avoid learning how to control her powers so long as the possibility existed that they might hurt someone.

vAuSzXS.jpg

"Ah, nevertheless, I thank you for taking the time to tell me about your life. You've been through a lot yourself, haven't you? Learning how to bear one's sins is a powerful thing. Anyhow, I hope that, another time we meet, I will be able to tell you about my experiences and how I found the same fulfillment," Ilona replied, fixing her eyes on Shiki for a moment, as if studying him, to remember what he looked like in this moment. While she looked at him and saw a soul near identical to her own, somewhere in his words she had found their difference: his shortened life. While life could be cut short for anyone at any time, Ilona felt as if an early death wouldn't be her destiny. Especially not after her powers had seemed to prevent her from dying earlier. She felt a pang of sadness hit her heart as she looked over Shiki, feeling as if he deserved more than just a limited life. She hoped his time lasted long enough so they could at least meet again.

Pausing in her rather morbid thoughts thoughts, Ilona smiled sheepishly, catching herself thinking far too long about something so negative. "I apologize for making us have such a heavy conversation at a time like this. Since we'll be parting soon we should probably try to speak in a more light-hearted manner." Ilona sighed. "Truthfully, I do not know what to speak of with such little time left for all of us... Perhaps, friends, you wouldn't mind if I sent letters to all of you?"

@Bomb @Kaykay @Verite
"Ah? Shiki, you can make tea? I wouldn't have expected that. I am quite interested in how it tastes." Sakuya said as if pondering it for some reason rather than simply asking. She fell quiet as Shiki and Ilona traded what seemed to be some life advice. Really, she didn't know too much about either of them, but still. She felt like she could understand.

The ability to bend time to her will hadn't exactly gone over well with most humans outside of Gensokyo after all. But she simply didn't look to blend in with them. There was no such thing as normal in that place, after all, so abnormals like vampires and maids that could stop time fit in perfectly. That was the path she'd taken. A place where someone like her worked as a simple maid.

Perhaps it would do to have them visit sometime, like she'd offered Shiki before. As Ilona suggested letters and a more light-hearted conversation, Sakuya nodded.

t0v97pF.png

"I wouldn't mind at all, so long as Miss Remilia is alright with it. You wouldn't mind a pen pal or two, would you milady?" The maid briefly turned to face the vampire, who responded rather promptly.

"I'd be willing to grant them that honor." Remilia replied with a rather indifferent expression.

"And that is that. I'm not sure how correspondence works between worlds, but I'm sure it'll work out somehow."

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Toboe glanced around at the battle torn Coalition, looking for his friends to see how well they fared. As for him, he looked like crap but he didn't seem completely bothered other than the back pain he was experiencing. Seeing the Producer siblings and Shizuo the young man jogged over to them.

"Hey, are you guys okay?" he called, though his good mood quickly went away at the smell of death lingering in the air. He came to a stop and looked down upon the body of Elesis.

He wasn't close to Elesis, that much was true, but seeing her body seemed to have some effect on the young wolf.

@Crow @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies

As for Cheza, the artificial being looked for Mason. She occasionally checked on others as she passed to see if they were alright during her search, before spotting Ilona speaking with a few others. Walking up to the Princess she waited for them to finish speaking before tapping her on the shoulder. The lavender haired young woman had mere bruises and a cut or two but was alright thankfully. At least she was faring better than Toboe was, wherever he was at.

"Ilona? This One is looking for Mason. Have you seen him?" she asked.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Kaykay @Mason Moretti

tumblr_nwquvv3Mix1u3z5n7o3_100.png

"... no."

This wasn't good. He didn't mean to this time... but in a way, he was in a situation that made him do bad things in order to live. Maybe his madness was to keep himself alive at this point... Either way, Add immediately stood up and stared at the two Producers, transitioning his shocked expression with that usual mad smile of his.

tumblr_o8dl0nhhoV1v3qowuo10_100.png

"W-Well... if you take another step forwards, I'm sure it won't be any good for you. You can see what happened to... Elesis... right? Kekeke... You can look for yourself on what remains of her!"

Everyone saw him as a crazed time traveler anyways, so rather distance himself using that facade. He simply felt aware of how his actions had harmed others, a thing that his mother wouldn't love to hear if she were to be back with him for real.

Not giving much else to say, Add opened up a time rift and stepped back into it, having it close up before anyone had the chance of going after him.

@epilogue time soon @have fun with a dead elesis lol​

Toboe glanced around at the battle torn Coalition, looking for his friends to see how well they fared. As for him, he looked like crap but he didn't seem completely bothered other than the back pain he was experiencing. Seeing the Producer siblings and Shizuo the young man jogged over to them.

"Hey, are you guys okay?" he called, though his good mood quickly went away at the smell of death lingering in the air. He came to a stop and looked down upon the body of Elesis.

He wasn't close to Elesis, that much was true, but seeing her body seemed to have some effect on the young wolf.

@Crow @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies

"Yes, we are okay," Madoka says.

"But she isn't," Kido nods as he points to Elesis' corpse. "And Add just hit the exit. What was with him?"

"Maybe the Ocelot man was right, we're all human underneath our metaphors. Add is likely under a great deal of pressure."

"I'm sure we'll meet again some day," Kido says, "maybe we'll all get dragged into the same Murder Game. Maybe by then, he'll no longer be stressed, and the time that has passed will bring him positivity. Until then..."

"So she truly isn't well, I see..." Madoka checks for Elesis' breath - nothing at her nose. Madoka carries to dead Elesis' body. She then turns to Shizuo and Toboe. "I wonder, if I were ever given the opportunity to bring Elesis back, or even bring Add back, should I?"

"I don't know if that's smart, but it certainly does sound... uh... unsmart."

@Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Crow

When Ruby entered the Med Bay, she would have found the room in complete disarray. With evacuations under way, everyone remaining was quickly making their out into the halls, carrying beds for those who were unconscious or couldn't walk. Kieran passed her by, carrying one bed, though that one didn't have Jennifer on it. None of the beds currently being moved did, for Ruby would find Jennifer in one of the last remaining beds yet to be moved.

The girl was still unconscious, looking no different than she had ever since this started. She had thankfully been unaffected by the fighting, or at least so it seemed. Byakuya Togami was nearby, and as he noticed Ruby, he pretended to ignore her for a few moments. As she lingered, he decided to speak up.

fbiZIdu.png

"... She's fine. Kieran kept the hurt ones from further harm. You shouldn't hang around here too long or you'll just be in the way."

@york
len10_zpsa46d3039.png

"..."

Zwei's search would eventually indeed have him end up before Len, who had been idly standing by, though in her humanoid form now rather than her cat form. Still, considering that either way she was the same entity, she still had the same scent, and thus, was hopefully still recognizable.

Looking down at the dog when it would come to approach her, the familiar would get down and initially simply pat him, before picking him up in her hands and standing back up, holding her fairly close and letting the two of them come face to face, as though she intended on sharing some sort of unspoken exchange together, staring into the dog's eyes unemotionally as she oft did.

Truly, the meeting of the minds.

@york
Ruby Rose
@Atomyk

Ruby nodded, trying to force a little smile, though well... She appeared to be a bit embarassed realizing that she was probably getting in the way, but, well, what she hoped to do would only take a moment, er, hopefully a moment anyways.

"Um. I just need to... Talk to her." She said sheepishly, shifting from one foot to another.

As naiive as she might be, she did pick up on the fact that this sounded, and probably would look bizarre to any bystanders, but... It was her way of trying to keep less than desireable thoughts at bay. With a slightly nervous motion, she approached Jennifer's still unconscious form, grasping her hand gently as she swallowed a little, trying to get her thoughts together before she spoke.

"Hey Jen... I don't know if you can hear me, but... It's... Been a while since we, you know... Talked!" Aaand awkward pause.

She was nowhere near as comfortable doing this as she did with her mother, since well... Jennifer was still alive, granted unconscious, and, frankly, Ruby had alot less time to adjust to the reality of what had happened earlier, when Ilona's powers ran wild. Though well, even if she was sort of having second thoughts about this, since she had already started, she figured she'd commit to it.

"Maybe we should... Hang out, sometime... After you wake up of course! Maybe... Get some orange juice ice-cream, like old times!" Ruby's face seemed to light up at that prospect.

Looks like old habbits die hard after all, but that didn't last long... Her expression, seemed to grow a bit more serious before she continued.

"Just... Hang in there, okay? I... We've lost enough people already... And... I don't want to lose you too..." She said quietly, her voice breaking a little.

With a small sigh, she gently released Jennifer's hand, and got up, turning to Byakuya, who happened to be the closest person to her. It was only when she turned to face him that it became apparent she was, practically tearing up, but, stubbornly trying not to cry.

"Do you... Think she'll wake up?" She asked.

It was likely that deep down, she knew what the answer was... Though, at the moment, she seemed almost desperate for some sort of consolation, some way of knowing that Jennifer was going to be alright. The young huntress in training had come quite far since her first Murder Game, but it seemed that her childish nature had yet to fade away.

Zwei
@Verite

For once Zwei didn't actually bark, seeming to be looking back at Len, as if he was indeed locked into some conversation with her... Without actually speaking (or well, barking).

w47lvg5.gif

Nestled in Len's arms, the little dog almost seemed to be at peace, panting gently as he sat there. For all an passerby knew, they might not even move at all, if it weren't for the fact that Ruby was bound to come back sooner or later. However, in the meantime, it looks like Zwei was getting a much needed break from the insanity that had gone down not too long ago.

Perhaps the most interesting thing about this is that well, he wasn't making a motion to lick her face or anything like he usually would with Ruby or Yang, or heck, anyone holding him like this in the first fewmoments of getting picked up.​

• Bucket of Rainbows

HOmPdoY.png

vAuSzXS.jpg

@Bomb @Kaykay @Verite
"Ah? Shiki, you can make tea? I wouldn't have expected that. I am quite interested in how it tastes." Sakuya said as if pondering it for some reason rather than simply asking. She fell quiet as Shiki and Ilona traded what seemed to be some life advice. Really, she didn't know too much about either of them, but still. She felt like she could understand.

The ability to bend time to her will hadn't exactly gone over well with most humans outside of Gensokyo after all. But she simply didn't look to blend in with them. There was no such thing as normal in that place, after all, so abnormals like vampires and maids that could stop time fit in perfectly. That was the path she'd taken. A place where someone like her worked as a simple maid.

Perhaps it would do to have them visit sometime, like she'd offered Shiki before. As Ilona suggested letters and a more light-hearted conversation, Sakuya nodded.

t0v97pF.png

"I wouldn't mind at all, so long as Miss Remilia is alright with it. You wouldn't mind a pen pal or two, would you milady?" The maid briefly turned to face the vampire, who responded rather promptly.

"I'd be willing to grant them that honor." Remilia replied with a rather indifferent expression.

"And that is that. I'm not sure how correspondence works between worlds, but I'm sure it'll work out somehow."

JX4z8BD.png

"Well, I guess there are still a couple of things we have to learn about each other. Though... Maybe if it doesn't turn out to be to your satisfaction, you can teach me a thing or two about brewing tea?" Shiki suggested to Sakuya with a knowing smile.

To Ilona, he'd give a mild blink when she'd seem to react to one of his namedrops. What, did she... happen to know about Minato-kun through some means? If she mentioned the Fiamma Incident, then perhaps that could have been when they met. If that was the case... Tch, oh, Minato, why must you keep secrets? It was bemusingly amusing if this was all what he'd believed; that he had been this close to meeting Ilona earlier, but it never came to pass.

But it couldn't be helped now at this point, right? Besides, what mattered was what was going on here and now.

"E-Eh? You know about Minato-kun? Well... I suppose the multiverse is sometimes smaller than we believe it to be sometimes. I'll have to namedrop you next time I get to chat with him..." Shiki mused, raising an eyebrow.

In any case, his expression would change to that of a gentle, delicate look when Ilona would continue talking, speaking of what she expected to happen in her path, the difficulties of traveling down it, and so on. Indeed, for as similar as the two of them might fancy, at the end of the day, the glaring truth was that they were still different people with different paths to go down. He could only give some advice at best, but at the end of the road, only Ilona was the one capable of directly affecting her own life, because it was hers, and no one else's.

"Ah... And it's no problem. It was... nothing," Shiki breathed, pocketing his hands again. Personally, it felt odd that someone like her, someone who had surely gone through more than him, would say that about his struggles, but... Well, perhaps it was time to stop making light of everything that he'd overcome and left behind in his past, eh?

"And... Yeah, I would like that. Like Sakuya said, we can make it work... somehow. We can always count on the Coalition to keep us connected. Isn't that right, Ms. Kirigiri?" Shiki inquired, looking back at the lavender-haired young woman several feet away, still discussing matters with Paladin Danse, and for his troubles, all that he got in response was a curt--

"I'm busy."

"T-Thanks..."

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb
Zwei
@Verite

For once Zwei didn't actually bark, seeming to be looking back at Len, as if he was indeed locked into some conversation with her... Without actually speaking (or well, barking).

w47lvg5.gif

Nestled in Len's arms, the little dog almost seemed to be at peace, panting gently as he sat there. For all an passerby knew, they might not even move at all, if it weren't for the fact that Ruby was bound to come back sooner or later. However, in the meantime, it looks like Zwei was getting a much needed break from the insanity that had gone down not too long ago.

Perhaps the most interesting thing about this is that well, he wasn't making a motion to lick her face or anything like he usually would with Ruby or Yang, or heck, anyone holding him like this in the first few moments of getting picked up.​
"..."

Len continued to give Zwei a silent, steadily unemotional look, continuing their so-called silent conversation. Eventually, the catgirl's pale cheeks would flush a slight hint of pink, her ears twitched ever so slightly, and her eyes would suddenly take on a more gentle look.

len05_zps5818f948.png

"..."

She continued to gaze upon the dog in her arms for a few more moments, before taking him into her chest and hugging him firmly, burying her face into his fur. It seemed that this was her way of exchanging a bittersweet farewell, as she knew their lives were meant to separate just as quickly as they had come together.

A furry embrace indeed.

Eventually, after a while, she'd pull away, but still held onto him for the time being, reluctant to let him go.

@york

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows

t0v97pF.png

JX4z8BD.png

"Well, I guess there are still a couple of things we have to learn about each other. Though... Maybe if it doesn't turn out to be to your satisfaction, you can teach me a thing or two about brewing tea?" Shiki suggested to Sakuya with a knowing smile.

To Ilona, he'd give a mild blink when she'd seem to react to one of his namedrops. What, did she... happen to know about Minato-kun through some means? If she mentioned the Fiamma Incident, then perhaps that could have been when they met. If that was the case... Tch, oh, Minato, why must you keep secrets? It was bemusingly amusing if this was all what he'd believed; that he had been this close to meeting Ilona earlier, but it never came to pass.

But it couldn't be helped now at this point, right? Besides, what mattered was what was going on here and now.

"E-Eh? You know about Minato-kun? Well... I suppose the multiverse is sometimes smaller than we believe it to be sometimes. I'll have to namedrop you next time I get to chat with him..." Shiki mused, raising an eyebrow.

In any case, his expression would change to that of a gentle, delicate look when Ilona would continue talking, speaking of what she expected to happen in her path, the difficulties of traveling down it, and so on. Indeed, for as similar as the two of them might fancy, at the end of the day, the glaring truth was that they were still different people with different paths to go down. He could only give some advice at best, but at the end of the road, only Ilona was the one capable of directly affecting her own life, because it was hers, and no one else's.

"Ah... And it's no problem. It was... nothing," Shiki breathed, pocketing his hands again. Personally, it felt odd that someone like her, someone who had surely gone through more than him, would say that about his struggles, but... Well, perhaps it was time to stop making light of everything that he'd overcome and left behind in his past, eh?

"And... Yeah, I would like that. Like Sakuya said, we can make it work... somehow. We can always count on the Coalition to keep us connected. Isn't that right, Ms. Kirigiri?" Shiki inquired, looking back at the lavender-haired young woman several feet away, still discussing matters with Paladin Danse, and for his troubles, all that he got in response was a curt--

"I'm busy."

"T-Thanks..."

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb

"..."

Len continued to give Zwei a silent, steadily unemotional look, continuing their so-called silent conversation. Eventually, the catgirl's pale cheeks would flush a slight hint of pink, her ears twitched ever so slightly, and her eyes would suddenly take on a more gentle look.

len05_zps5818f948.png

"..."

She continued to gaze upon the dog in her arms for a few more moments, before taking him into her chest and hugging him firmly, burying her face into his fur. It seemed that this was her way of exchanging a bittersweet farewell, as she knew their lives were meant to separate just as quickly as they had come together.

A furry embrace indeed.

Eventually, after a while, she'd pull away, but still held onto him for the time being, reluctant to let him go.

@york
KVYxt1G.png

Buh-dum

The time traveler's heart skipped a beat when she would hear the Minato she knew was indeed the same person Shiki knew. In turn, the blush on Ilona's face deepened as well. She placed one hand over her mouth before rapidly flailing her other hand in protest when Shiki would express interest in speaking about her to the other young man.

"No, no, no, no! Th-There's no need to mention me, ah ha ha ha," the girl said, clearly flustered all of a sudden. She wasn't sure what to think after learning this, but had to wonder if Shiki, who had met her parents years ago, was standing before her as the same young, handsome individual did that mean that the Minato she knew was also still young and handsome? The idea that a version of her childhood crush still existed, and she would now be around his age instead of being an awkward child, secretly excited her.

"But, um between you and I, is he still together with Lady Ciel? J-Just curious... for no reason in particular."

Ilona found herself not surprised at how modest Shiki would seem in reply to the difficulty of his life, but then again she felt the same way about her own life in comparison. "It wasn't nothing," Ilona protested, actually sounding a bit stern or scolding of his words. "Your life and its accomplishments should never be considered nothing. If you're unable to recall any of our conversations in the future, at least take this single sentiment to heart," she told him, her words coming out gentler towards the end.

When her friends would then agree to write to her, Ilona pumped a fist in the air, cheering gleefully.

989d9fc5491565373bd02504a3cf9dfd.png

"GLORIOUS! I LOOK FORWARD TO THE DAY! AH HA HA HA!" she exclaimed, her voice booming in a manner Shiki would likely find familiar if he still recalled a certain knight of sunlight's jolly exclamations. The smile she wore was probably the biggest one they had seen on her face since this whole ordeal had started. "But fear not, we shan't need the Coalition's aide to keep in contact with one another. My talent for teleportation and finding locations should be more than enough. So long as I've seen a location once, I can always find it!"

@Verite @Kaykay

Reactions: Takumi
Zidane Tribal / Bibi Ornitier Epilogue - Between Life and Death

On the Invincible, an aircraft that was once meant for war, was flying back towards Alexandria Castle. Zidane was alongside with Garnet, Eiko, and Mikoto, with Bibi laying down on the floor.

"So, do you know how this happened? Poor Bibi..." Garnet would worry for Bibi. She attempted to cast a Curaga spell on Bibi, but to no effect, it wouldn't help Bibi at all.

"I tried that earlier, it didn't work." Eiko spoke, causing Garnet to stop the Curaga.

"I really don't know what happened... All I know is that Bibi wasn't well before this happened, and I didn't notice it at the time." Zidane said. Darn it, why didn't I listen to Ilona!?

"Whatever the case is, I have determined what has happened to Bibi." Mikoto said, after examining the unconscious Bibi.

"Well then, what is it? Spit it out!" Eiko would then cause a ruckus. "What is it?" Zidane then asked.

"Bibi is a black mage, created when Vivi split his powers... or in other words, Mist." Mikoto would start her explanation. Mist was a misty substance, as the name implies, that would cause fighting tensions to monsters, or even humans. In the case of Vivi and even Mikoto, it was to create souls for them to be used as a "weapon."

"Anyways, when Vivi split his soul, he distributed the Mist within him to his 'children,' so they each have weaker powers than Vivi originally had. I felt the amount of Mist left in Bibi, and it is barely noticeable, on top of being unstable without having more Mist."

"So what you're saying is that Bibi is drained?" Eiko would then ask, not understanding the majority of what Mikoto said.

"What I'm saying is, something occured that made Bibi overuse his magic and left him at this state." Mikoto clarified.

It must've been that huge fire magic... Zidane thought, looking back at the final fight they had. Bibi was refusing to fight, even as far as to restrain himself from using his magic until the end. "So how can we help Bibi?" Zidane asked Mikoto, hoping that there was a solution.

"We cannot help Bibi." Mikoto would then bluntly state. "There is no more Mist on this planet, or in any other planet."

"What!? So you're just going to leave him here to die?!" Zidane would grab Mikoto by the collar of her clothes in rage.

"Zidane please!" Garnet would pull Zidane away from Mikoto.

"Unless you are able to find a substitute for the Mist, Bibi will remain like this forever, hanging at the edge of what they call 'death.' You do know that Vivi had 6 more children, right? Partner up with one of them."

"That's where you're wrong! Bibi is a person, like anyone else! He shouldn't have to die because he fought!" Zidane would argue back at Mikoto. "Anyways, you said that Bibi needs Mist or a substitute for Mist, right?"

"Are you going to look for one? It's impossible. Even with the existance of multiple Multiverses, you can't just easily waltz in one and find it." Mikoto would emotionally explain to Zidane.

"Even if it is impossible, I'll find it, and save Bibi! I'll also prove you wrong!" Zidane would declare.

"Yeah! I'm coming with you this time Zidane!" Eiko would leap in joy with Zidane's vow.

"You're grasping at straws here. Go ahead and try to do so." Mikoto would then leave the Invincible, which had already arrived at Alexandria long ago.

Garnet would look at the others, and worried for them. "So you'll be gone longer, huh?" She would ask Zidane.

"Yeah..." Zidane put his hand on Garnet's shoulder. "I'm sorry, but this is something we must do for Bibi, along with the others. But I promise, I- no, me and Eiko will be back soon." Zidane would say, knowing that Garnet would let them go on another adventure.

"I see..." Garnet would look melancholic, but then accepted it. "Good luck." Garnet would then carry Bibi out of the aircraft, and as Garnet looked at the Invincible moving farther and higher through the sky, until it was out of sight, Garnet had hoped that everyone would return.

END

Status
Not open for further replies.