Status
Not open for further replies.
Nono was still jittery. She read the nametag.

Shuten-doji? The Shuten-doji? A lady? And alive?

It has to be a namesake. Yup.

6FyAgNf.jpg

"So you were named after one of the three great evil yokai? Morikubo... finds their stories interesting yet scary... especially Tamamo-no-Mae's tale of trickery... Shuten-doji's story... Morikubo liked it as well... his demise felt a little rushed though, but I guess that's the dawn of Japanese literature for you..."​

D8YHiA9.webp

"Morikubo... didn't think about that possibility. S- sorry! The horns are just so... realistic. Sh- she's really into cosplay to reach such a level..."

That was puzzling. But puzzles were made to be solved.

@Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi

"Oh no I am her." She replied calmly. "I am not surprised my legend has even reached the ears of pups like you. Besides legends are up to interpretation." Shuten-Douji replied coming up close to the girl and looking her over. "You really are a tiny morsel..."

@Crow

bc1495ff317342766a58266e48fdab9d.jpg

Corrin wasn't a hero by any means. Sure, she prevented what the Foundation would consider an XK-Class End-Of-The-World-Scenario. Sure, in Nohr, she was the hero. But she wasn't actually a hero. To prevent that scenario, she killed innocent people against her better judgment. She wasn't a hero because she did what she had to do. She nearly destroyed a nation of innocents just to stop a monster. She wasn't a savior. She wasn't a hero.

She was the Ocean's Gray Waves.

Corrin paced back and forth for a minute. Her face had a look of concern on it. She occasionally glanced outside of the window. She was awaiting something. A message from her adopted brother Xander.

Tired of pacing, Corrin sat down, leaned her arm against the windowsill, and fell asleep.

image051.jpg

Corrin never expected to wake up on a dirty-ass Greyhound-esque bus driven by a rabbit on its way to a knockoff Twin Peaks. Her head pounded. Her arm still supported her head and leaned against the window. She still wore her armor that she always wore. People she didn't know wearing clothes she didn't recognize surrounded her on all sides, talking and fighting. She closed her eyes again, hoping this was just a dream.

@Anyone @Shit prologue but better than what I usually write @Woo! finally!

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
"P-Puppies!! Oh!"

XpYjzM3.png

That was one flustered bunny. Maybe it was Kyoko's stare, or maybe it was the idea of Poison's puppies. Usami flailed in the direction of Poison. "O-Of course! I'll make sure everyone's puppies are content and happy!" Usami quickly made her way to the front of the bus, but she found herself stopped by Jack. The rabbit looked nervous, her eyes darting from side to side as she considered the question. "The only ones with floppy ears here are me!! I'm sorry, but school trips don't allow carry-on pets or-- No, wait!!"

Usami jumped up and down, yelling in the direction of Felix, Arya, and Genji. "Ha-wa-wa?! Nooo!" The rabbit climbed on top of one of the seats, hoping for her voice to carry better. "Bloody business like violence is not permitted on the trip! It's a big no-no! A really big no-no! Don't be horrifying!"

Behind Arya, Byakuya scoffed. "I see we're off to an uplifting start."

@Verite @Jeremi @C.T. @BarrenThin @Krieg @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"P-Puppies!! Oh!"

XpYjzM3.png

That was one flustered bunny. Maybe it was Kyoko's stare, or maybe it was the idea of Poison's puppies. Usami flailed in the direction of Poison. "O-Of course! I'll make sure everyone's puppies are content and happy!" Usami quickly made her way to the front of the bus, but she found herself stopped by Jack. The rabbit looked nervous, her eyes darting from side to side as she considered the question. "The only ones with floppy ears here are me!! I'm sorry, but school trips don't allow carry-on pets or-- No, wait!!"

Usami jumped up and down, yelling in the direction of Felix, Arya, and Genji. "Ha-wa-wa?! Nooo!" The rabbit climbed on top of one of the seats, hoping for her voice to carry better. "Bloody business like violence is not permitted on the trip! It's a big no-no! A really big no-no! Don't be horrifying!"

"Thanks bunny." Poison replied with a wink and a smile as she waved off the heat. "Starting to feel almost as hot as I am in here."

"I dunno what the fat bunny is but she's right." The man whose name seemed to be Nigel Higgins with the title Ultimate Vigilante would speak up. "Beatin' each other senseless isn't going to do any good for any of us. So I suggest we all calm down until we got off this damn bus. Does that sound like a good plan to your all?"

The cyborg's head snapped up just as he was about to give his teacher a relieved greeting. "Stay here, master." Though he felt considerably slower and weaker, Genji still had his training. He made his way to the front with relative ease, his lithe frame glowing green as he vaulted seats to pass Felix up, likely to the distress of their occupants. The next step was planting himself firmly in front of the large, armored man. He placed a hand on the man's shoulder. "Slow down, nakama. You seem angry. Do not do anything hasty." Genji, himself, would not be surprised if the man took a swing, but he wanted to keep things away from unnecessary violence if he could.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@C.T.
@Krieg
Despite the warnings, Genji would already find Zenyatta standing directly behind him. Normally, the monk would be floating, absently hovering in the air without any proper explanation. However, for some reason, upon this bus, he walked. There was a strange essence of weakness that this bus carried, one that Zenyatta could feel...but could not put into words. The teacher made quick note of his students slow movement, but did not say a word.

Nor, did he bother asking why Genji was here in the first place.

The monks attention turned to Felix-- a large, supposedly human individual clad in large orange armor. The presence of a soldier carries an air of natural anger and authority.

"Quite the colorful bus..." Zenyatta mused idly as he looked over the sea of other souls, brought into this dream. That is, if it even is a dream.

@BarrenThin @Krieg @C.T. @OTHERS

"It is no joke, for there is no punchline," Jack replied while also silently echoing her sentiments. It felt as though the previous ordeal they had been a part of had only just ended, with their falling asleep during the ride feeling as though it led into their arrival upon a new bus with a strange rabbit-like driver. What had caused them to be pulled into another one of these events?

However, his eyes narrowed and he pushed aside that question for now as he realized that he hadn't seen Aster either. It seemed that this time, all of Zinnia's Pokemon including her 'daughter' were gone though hopefully, Aster was simply hiding away. With a sympathetic frown, he shook his head, "No... Perhaps she is wandering about the bus? I will ask the bus driver if it has noticed Aster wandering. Perhaps you ought to search between the seats?" That would certainly get her up and moving, burning off some of the energy that she doubtlessly now held from their nap.

With that said, Jack began to work his way to the front, behind the armored man who seemed intent on filling the air with much foul language, "Excuse me, little rabbit, but have you seen a little one wandering about? Purple fur with floppy ears like your own."

@Krieg @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"P-Puppies!! Oh!"

XpYjzM3.png

Zinnia anxiously rocked back on her feet, looking around as she chewed on her lower lip. "G-Good idea, Jack. You're right, maybe the bus driver knows if Aster is here." She took a deep breath, attempting to keep herself calm, but feeling a wild beast ready to break out if she didn't find out where Aster was right this second. It seemed like not long ago that she had lost track of Aster in Gravity Falls. She didn't want to go through the same thing again! Darn that little girl causing her mother so much trouble!

0hi5dk4.png

When Jack asked the rabbit about Aster, however, Zinnia snapped. When the rabbit began hopping on one of the seats, the wild she-tarzan growled and stomped over to her, picking the plush rabbit up by her ears. "What do you mean no pets are allowed!? HOW DARE YOU! Aster isn't a pet. But... if Aster isn't here then you know where she is! Spill it or I'll rip your ear clean off your head!" she threatened, gritting her sharp teeth together. "Give me back my daughter!" she howled, shaking the rabbit up and down.

@Atomyk @The Tactician

"P-Puppies!! Oh!"

XpYjzM3.png

"Excuse me, small pink rabbit," Darv speaks up at last, his accent a thick, northern one, that wouldn't be out of place coming from a hulking viking warrior "if violence is not permitted, then why am I here? I'm man who has sold his sword more times than he's eaten home cooked meals. All I know is violence."

"If you're telling me we're here for a reason, then what is my reason, if not to fight and kill?"

Well, he was certainly open with his thoughts on the matter, it seems.

As the commotion grew to where a bioluminescent man who carried himself with training that reminded him of the Kar'Hi warriors stepped in, the Iron One just shook his head slowly. They had not even been informed of their purpose here yet, and they were already at each other's throats.

@Atomyk

It seemed all the animals in here, despite being able to talk, had some serious mental deficiencies. Like a baby, Catbug spoke to some stick it was holding onto as if it were a person, going so far as to speak for it. Compared to the rabbit that just said what it wanted, this might have actually been even worse and harder to deal with. At least the rabbit had information, this had...

"Candy?"

Chikage's eyes widened at the word. Scratch that, perhaps this creature could be good for one thing.

Ultimate Wallflower? That seemed like something rather unfortunate to be the Ultimate at, much like "Ultimate Cutie" that the Catbug thing had. It didn't really denote any skills or even any good personality traits. Well, whatever, they were just titles. Awarding a disciple "Ultimate Jujutsuka" just showed how casually they threw these things around, so it wasn't like there was any specific meaning to it.

"Names aside, these things don't seem very useful."

Chikage gave a shrug to Nono's questions about the name tags. It was good to know people's names and presumably what they were good at, but she didn't know how much stock she should be putting in them. People were rarely so one dimensional, after all.

A sigh came from Chikage as Nono freaked out once again.

"Are you really in middle school? She's probably just cosplaying, or something."
tumblr_static_8u4pmi4oyvwgwk8g4kok44wss.gif

"Yeah! Candy! I really wish I had some right now! B-Before I came here, I went to this party with all of my friends! They had a lot of food and a bowl of candy! I ate all of the candy! I got a really bad tummy ache afterwards but it was TOTALLY WORTH IT!" Catbug giggled as he continued to shake his arms and legs while still being held in Chikage's grasp.

"My friend Danny even said 'Catbug don't eat so much or you're gonna taste like candy!' But it was so tasty! So I ate all of it and I think I taste like candy! I dunno for sure though, hehe!" This girl seemed really nice! Given how big her eyes got after Catbug mentioned candy, he could only assume that she would have liked some candy too! He totally would have shared with her and the hero he bumped into! "Your title sounds really cool! Ju...Ju...Juju! I bet it's something totally awesome!"

Indeed, Catbug's mannerisms were that of a child given he was only ten years old. But he could spot a potential friend from a while away and Chikage was certainly friend material!

"Hey! Do you think we should ask the wabbit lady if she has any candy? I bet if we're good students she'd totally give us some! But...How do we be a good student if I've never even gone to school?" Catbug pondered as Sir Jeffers laughed.

"Never fear, Catbug! For I will guide you into becoming the best student ever in the history of...EVER!"

"Wow! You're so great, Sir Jeffers! Hey Chikage, do you wanna meet our superhero friend?" Catbug nodded towards where Lapis was currently freaking out. All the while his thoughts were filled with eating as much candy as possible!

tumblr_mjph77E0Aq1qg5e45o1_500.gif

As drama began to brew between Felix and Arya, Catbug narrowed his eyes and his wings were in a frenzy.

"HEY! The Wabbit Lady's right! We should just try to be friends and not try to murder-kill eachother! That's not being friends!" It was a very simplistic and child like way of looking at things and Catbug was clearly unaware of why the man in armor seemed to have so much hate for the short girl but he didn't care! He didn't want to see people fight or get angry at eachother! They were all on this bus together! ^^

@Kaykay @BarrenThin @C.T. @Atomyk @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Reactions: Takumi
Hate

A strong and very, very passionate word, a word that few people actually fit Felix's description. Yeah, sure, he killed a lot of people, but he didn't care about it- it was just apart of his job. You see, humanity isn't about some spiritual guidance or grander purpose- it is about seizing the life you are given, survival of the fittest, the weak feeding the strong, Hakuna matata and all that. Funnily enough, one girl barely five feet tall made Felix feel this more than any person in the entire multiverse, in the entire span of everything and nothing- a little Arya Stark.

Being halted by some cybernetic armored individual, wearing armor that reminded him of those Hayabusa units that saw some service during the Great War. Of course, being a mercenary, Felix knew his guns and armor well, something all good gunslingin' greedy bastards like himself should know well. Recoiling back, the angry individual gripped the two sides on each side of him, eyeing the Eastern warrior with a gaze of complete disdain.

"I will give you this once chance, skimpy-suit sword...dude. That wolf-bitch is mine, you understand? She is reason I am probably dragged into this fucking mess, that cunt ruined my rep back then, and I will fuckin' ruin her before this is all over with, you understand me? So, if you wish to not have that fancy katana of yours stuck straight up where the sun doesn't shine, I suggest you move."

@BarrenThin @C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Jeremi @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Errybody

"P-Puppies!! Oh!"

XpYjzM3.png

Zinnia anxiously rocked back on her feet, looking around as she chewed on her lower lip. "G-Good idea, Jack. You're right, maybe the bus driver knows if Aster is here." She took a deep breath, attempting to keep herself calm, but feeling a wild beast ready to break out if she didn't find out where Aster was right this second. It seemed like not long ago that she had lost track of Aster in Gravity Falls. She didn't want to go through the same thing again! Darn that little girl causing her mother so much trouble!

0hi5dk4.png

When Jack asked the rabbit about Aster, however, Zinnia snapped. When the rabbit began hopping on one of the seats, the wild she-tarzan growled and stomped over to her, picking the plush rabbit up by her ears. "What do you mean no pets are allowed!? HOW DARE YOU! Aster isn't a pet. But... if Aster isn't here then you know where she is! Spill it or I'll rip your ear clean off your head!" she threatened, gritting her sharp teeth together. "Give me back my daughter!" she howled, shaking the rabbit up and down.

@Atomyk @The Tactician
"Oh, Aster is not a pet, she is my friend's adopted ch-" Before Jack could get the final word out, Zinnia was up to her usual antics (read, rampages) again. The samurai only sighed as the Amazon began to attempt to use force to get her way, before his hands firmly took hold of her wrists, holding them in place. Leveling a cool glare her way, he began to spoke in a commanding voice, "Zinnia, that is enough! The little rabbit may not be at fault, and may even wish to help you if you will only allow it to do its jobs."

"Besides, there is no need to hurt the poor thing's ears. Imagine if you did this to Aster," A low blow for certain, but it would hopefully calm her down to think of the bunny as someone who was terrified of her like Aster would be. Assured that she would not continue shaking, the samurai began to loosen her grip on the creature's ears, hoping to free it from any pain.

0hi5dk4.png

@Atomyk @The Tactician
While Genji was dealing with Felix, Zenyatta would absently gaze over and spot Zinnia. A human, seemingly bursting with energy and soul, seeking her daughter. Of course, while that was a noble cause, she seemed to be assaulting the bus driver...who seemed to be a rabbit. The monk would quietly pass over to Zinnia, giving her a light tap on the shoulder.

"Pardon me, miss. But, if you seek your daughter, I believe it would be much easier if you were not assaulting this furry creature. One cannot find what they seek...if they grip the ears of the rabbit."

That wasn't a real lesson, but with Zenyatta, it may as well be.

@The Tactician @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin

While Genji was dealing with Felix, Zenyatta would absently gaze over and spot Zinnia. A human, seemingly bursting with energy and soul, seeking her daughter. Of course, while that was a noble cause, she seemed to be assaulting the bus driver...who seemed to be a rabbit. The monk would quietly pass over to Zinnia, giving her a light tap on the shoulder.

"Pardon me, miss. But, if you seek your daughter, I believe it would be much easier if you were not assaulting this furry creature. One cannot find what they seek...if they grip the ears of the rabbit."

"Thank you, mechanical man," Jack gave the robotic man (who seemed almost like a priest of some sort) a nod of respect for his aid. It seemed the machine was aware enough to have wisdom of its own, an interesting feat though one he had seen many times before. The fact that the machine was also peaceful in his sentience was surprising though, given the rarity of peaceful bots that he met in his travels. Perhaps this one was made with a peaceful outlook in mind?

Link to sign-ups/info thread.
Please see the group's General Chat / RP Discussion / Discord Server for OOC talk.
Please see the wiki for more info.

PROLOGUE
"Taken by the Heart-Throbbing School Bus!"

The dreams are vivid and confusing.

Hurtling through space, strange images and colors swiftly pass by. Like a kaleidoscope being directly broadcast into one's brain, these visions are rapid and mystifying, overlapping over each other to strike at every sense. A vision of rain dances across your eyes, accompanied by the pungent smells of musk and mold. Laughing can be heard off in the distance, but on your tongue is the taste of salt water. Your hands feel hot, as if they are holding mugs of hot coffee, and yet your entire body feels cold, as if you've been dumped in water.

Light dances across your vision, flashing new and wild images. The rain gives way to a raging tornado that towers over you, threatening to tear you apart.

0g4KSGc.jpg

The next moment, it's a calm night sky. A lighthouse stands off in the distance, like a sole beacon of hope in the sea of overwhelming darkness.

FKufwzp.png

These visions are so sudden, that you can't quite keep up with them all. It soon becomes overwhelming, your body beginning to experience sensory overload. Speaking, moving, breathing-- no matter what, you find your body frozen in place, unable speak, unable to move, unable to even think. It feels like your drowning, and you begin to feel yourself choking on air--

Then, you finally awaken.

Sunlight touches at your eyes. It takes a moment to fully grasp the reality of the situation. Sitting up, you find yourself on a school bus traveling along a rural country road.

kg0vbEs.jpg

Soft rays of sunlight drift in from the windows, bathing the inside of the bus in a morning orange glow. Looking outside, one would see a bleak and dreary forest stretching as far as one could imagine. Even if one was feeling groggy from their nap, they would be able to tell that something felt entirely off about all this, as if a gnawing sense of abnormality has grown in the pit their stomach. You can't remember how you got here or where here even is. The atmosphere plays tricks on your mind, making strange shapes and people appear to pop out of the wooded landscape. It is deadly quiet, and you find that any items you had on you before is not with you now.

On this bus, you are not alone.

People (Not all even entirely human) of all kinds are crammed into the bus, taking up every seat and waking up in various states of confusion. Looking toward the back, you would find it modified with a higher roof to fit a hulking individual made of snow. Those with special powers found themselves suddenly incredibly mundane, while those without such abilities still felt off, almost as if they were in a dreamlike state.

If one was to approach the front, they wouldn't be able to tell who was sitting in the driver's seat until they were standing right beside the driver. An impossible sight awaited whoever would take a glance, for it was a bright pink rabbit sitting in the driver's seat, staring at the blank road stretching out for miles. She was dressed in a frilly outfit with angel wings on the back. The seat was modified and pushed forward so that the rabbit's stubby arms could reach the driving wheel, while sticks attached to her feet touched at the pedals.

From the front seat came a large mass of a boy, pushing through the aisle to get a good look at the rabbit bus driver. He had to shove his large frame against the bus' front dash just to get a look at the creature.

q3TZd4F.png

"What are you?" the boy cried, sounding more angry than anything. "What is the meaning of this?"

The rabbit giggled before turning to him. "One second!" The rabbit then turned, taking her stick feet off the pedal and her hands off the wheel. Somehow, the bus drove on without interruption. The rabbit then shook off the sticks, dropping down from off the driver's seat and taking out a staff of some kind.

tWpVayn.png

"It's Magical Miracle Girl Usami! ... A.K.A. Usami! As surprising as it may be, I am your teacher chaperone for this school trip!"

The boy staring at her practically shook as he sneered at the rabbit. "That's-- That's not what I meant!"

The rabbit tilted her head to the side slightly in confusion. "Then what did you mean...? Do you know what a rabbit is? It is a very lovable animal!"

"No," said the boy, sounding as if he'd managed to collect himself somewhat. "I understand what I am looking at, but it doesn't matter. Why are we here on this school bus? What do you mean, school trip?"

"Oh..." The rabbit nodded and clasped her hands together. "Right! It's only the biggest event of the school year! We're on our way to Bright Falls, where soon our hearts will be one with nature while we go camping at a National Park! This is a vacation, everyone, so I just want you all to forget about everything and enjoy yourselves!"

"That doesn't... That wasn't a real answer."

"Oh, well! I can answer more once we get to our destination! Please, keep your hands and feet inside the bus at all times and try not to cause a ruckus!" The rabbit then climbed back into her seat and took hold of the wheel. She didn't bother to attach the sticks to her feet again. "Remember, a map of our destination is provided under each of your seats!"

Usami was telling the truth, for a look under the seats would reveal maps of a town called Bright Falls.

oh0ipUB.png

Anyone who tried to leave the bus would find that the doors and windows would not budge, no matter the amount of pressure placed on them. Also, for whatever reason, everyone had name tags attached to the front of their clothing. On the tags were titles, whatever those meant...

CAST LIST
@Ringmaster as Ada Bartholdi "Ultimate Architect" [American Gods/Hidden World]
@CookieMonster as Aeryn "Liva" Olivia "Ultimate Assassin" [Original Character (Farscape)]
@C.T. as Arya Stark "Ultimate Killer" [Game of Thrones]
@Yang Lee as Bolin "Ultimate Earthbender" [The Legend Of Korra]
@Atomyk as Byakuya Togami "Ultimate Affluent Progeny" [Danganronpa]
@Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada "Ultimate Jujutsuka" [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi]
@T.O.M. as Catbug "Ultimate Cutie" [Bravest Warriors]
@GlassTrinity as Citizen Snow "Ultimate Snowman" [Original Character]
@Minerva as Corrin "Ultimate Protector" [Fire Emblem]
@DapperDogman as Darv "Ultimate Saltborn" [Salt & Sanctuary]
@Yun Lee as Edmond Honda "Ultimate Sumo Wrestler" [Street Fighter]
@Ellya as Ellie "Ultimate Survivalist" [The Last of Us]
@CCC Kouhai as Five "Ultimate Game Master" [Zankyou no Terror]
@BarrenThin as Genji Shimada "Ultimate Forgiveness" [Overwatch]
@Krieg as Isaac "Felix" Gates "Ultimate Bounty Hunter" [Red VS Blue]
@The Tactician as Jack "Ultimate Samurai" [Samurai Jack]
@york as Jack Frost "Ultimate Funhouse" [Rise of the Guardians]
@Dec as Jacket "Ultimate Overkill" [Hotline Miami]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri "Ultimate ???" [Danganronpa]
@Gummi Bunnies as "Lapis Lazuli" "Ultimate Crystal" [Original Character]
@Melon as Leonidas "Ultimate King" [300]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as M. "Stiles" Stilinski "Ultimate Sarcasm" [Teen Wolf]
@Crow as Morikubo Nono "Ultimate Wallflower" [THE iDOLM@STER]
@Jeremi as Poison "Ultimate Manager" [Street Fighter]
@Hazel-rah as Ringabel "Ultimate Vagabond" [Bravely Default]
@Josh M as Scarlet Witch "Ultimate Witch" [Marvel Comics]
@Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden "Ultimate Breaching Charge" [Rainbow Six: Siege]
@Hospes as Tarlotte "Ultimate Tantrum" [Kyoshiro to Town no Sora]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta "Ultimate Teacher" [Overwatch]
@DBZ7 as Tharja "Ultimate Hextress" [Fire Emblem]
@Nater Taters as Tomoko Kuroki "Ultimate Loser" [WataMote]
@A Tiny Fool as Victoria Maribeth Chase "Ultimate Bitch" [Life is Strange]
@Takumi as Yurick "Ultimate Arcanist" [The Last Story]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Zinnia "Ultimate Lorekeeper" [Pokemon]​

0hi5dk4.png

@Atomyk @The Tactician
Jack Frost - Prologue; Gone With the Wind
@Ringmaster @CookieMonster @C.T. @Yang Lee @Atomyk @Kaykay @T.O.M. @GlassTrinity @Minerva @DapperDogman @Yun Lee @Ellya @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Krieg @The Tactician @Dec @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Melon @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Jeremi @Hazel-rah @Josh M @Crimson Spartan @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @A Tiny Fool @Takumi@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

swDixgJ.jpg

It's been nearly a year since Jack had accepted his role as a Guardian... Though being a Guardian seemed like too much work to him at first glance, he had come to enjoy his life working with the other four Guardians, and he had even gotten people to believe in him! Slowly... But surely, things were looking up, but at the same time... Jack felt like he was missing something in his life... Maybe not neccessarily an item, or even a person... But, it was almost like he had lost part of himself... Long ago, when he had first become Jack Frost, the one the Man in the Moon chose to be a guardian. It couldn't be his center; he felt plenty of joy in his every day activities... Even as he soared through the skies, and brought joy to the lives of children all over the world, he always felt that there was some sort of emptiness deep down in him.

SKbxvo5.jpg

It was a time of calm right now, for Jack frost, as he watched over the city of Burgess... It had grown by considerable size, and splendor since his first days after he had become Jack frost, and he even managed to catch sight of North on his nightly patrol of the globe... Though this had to be his first night to be brooding like this in quite the while... Hmm... Maybe he should go visit the Toothfairy? After all, she was the Guardian of Memories... Maybe there was something in his past he wasn't quite rembering right... Or who knows, maybe there was some unfinished business he had, before his untimely passing... He smiled, it wouldn't be a long trip, just a quick moment to drop in, say hello... And talk about a few things... Right? Suddenly, he laughed, trying to forget about his worries for the moment.

h0XcRW2.gif

"To Tooth Palace!" He shouted gleefully.

And then... He was soaring through the skies, carried along by what appeared to be a strong gust of wind, headed towards Tooth Palace... Without a trace of worry or doubt on his face, even if his moment of joy would only last until his trip was over, he wasn't about to let it go to waste; after all... He was supposed to be the Guardian of Joy! Swinging his staff over the city, he decided to kick off the beginnings of Winter with an early snow day, as he flew through the clouds in the skies, they miraculously began to start producing an incredible amount of snow! By the time he got back, he had a feeling the entire city would be blanketted in a thick layer of snow... Just as he'd hoped for. He closed his eyes, trying to imagine the joy on every child's face, upon seeing that they were blessed with a snow day in the morning, even if he still felt something was missing in him, he was happy...

In this moment of happiness, he didn't notice the strange feeling that suddenly enveloped his body, until it was too late... He tried desperately to open his eyes, but all of a sudden, he realized that he couldn't...

Was he... Dreaming? Or had he finally lost his mind? Or maybe North had kindapped him for some sort of pre-emptive anniversary of his status as a Guardian? But that last possibility, as hopefull as he was of it, didn't explain the assault on his senses... And then, he saw it... Through the various lights flashing in what appeared to be some sort of vivid dream, there it was... An massive tornado, threatening to tear him apart, and he could do nothing but watch, then a lighthouse... In the distance, a calming beacon of hope, but that image only lasted for a moment... Before he was once again swept away in a massive assault on every one of his senses, with no time to even think... It was almost like he was drowning... In a cold, dark... Endless body of water, without having fallen through ice, like last time...

He finally woke up with a gasp, he was on a bus... That was driving along some unknown road, in an unknown place, and he wasn't alone... He listened carefully to the "conversation" between a rather plump boy, and the strange person in a bunny costume, who was driving the bus, well, wait, can he call that driving? It was apparant that she was able to leave the drivers seat without a problem, so was this bus on some sort of magical or mechanical autopilot mode? He shook his head, checking the strange name-tag that had appeared on his shirt at some point when he had passed out. "Ultimate Funhouse", he snickered to himself a little... Well, at least they got his label right, sort of, but that still doesn't answer how, or why he was here.

Suddenly, his attention was quickly drawn by some strange woman suddenly leaping onto the strange person in the bunny costume, it was apparant that she had lost something important to her, and had decided to assault the person in the bunny costume in a fruitless attempt to get her "Aster" back... Whatever that was, but in either case, this wouldn't do! If there was anything he knew about situations like this, it was that a little fun always eased everyones spirits... With that in mind, Jack Frost, the "Ultimate Funhouse" decided to try and form a snowball in his hand, aiming for both the woman tackling the person in the bunny costume, and whoever was inside that bunny costume too... But it was only when he moved his hand to throw, that he realized something; his powers were gone, he froze, looking quite shocked as he came to this realization.

But... How? Wait, where was his staff?! Jack looked around desperately, but it was quickly apparant that his staff was gone. He sighed... Well, without his powers, he wasn't quite sure what to do, after all.. How was he supposed to be the "Ultimate Funhouse" without the ability to make people see joy with his snowballs? Or create some crazy ice-slide for everyone? Let alone, even defending himself, and the others, incase something were to go wrong... For the moment, Jack seemed lost in his thoughts... Staring out the window of the bus, it was apparant that he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon, after all... They were told they'd get their answers once they got to their destination, so... Maybe he just had to be... Patient, for now.

Last edited:
"Kyaaaah!"

FN5hJwC.png

Usami screamed as Zinnia shook her up and down. "Scaryyyy! Stop, please! This is against the rules and won't help anybody! I'm your friend! If all you know is violence, then that is what this trip is for... to relax and strengthen your bonds with one another! Violence is too much! Too much!!" Usami squirmed in Zinnia's grip trying to get away. "Usami is sorry... I didn't mean to call your daughter a pet! She would be here if she could be, I'm sure! S-Someone save me..."

"Hey, please stop this!"

P5RbRKO.png

Standing up straight, a boy would come close to coming in between Zinnia and Usami. He gave the girl an exasperated look, his name tag stating him to be the "Ultimate Combat Medic."

"This bus is cramped enough as it is-- at this rate, you're just going to get the wrong person hurt. I doubt you want that, especially if it's someone who's going to hit harder than a small rabbit."

@Verite @Jeremi @C.T. @BarrenThin @Krieg @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @DapperDogman @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Jeremi
Waking up dazed, Wanda, who was close to Genji and Zenyatta, stretching from her daze. Almost adamantly, Wanda felt this wasn't good. Magic, the base of her powers, she could still feel, yet for some strange reason she couldn't access it. She was powerless, but far from useless due to her Avenger training. The former Chairwoman of the Avengers listened and watched closely. Felix, the man in the armor, Wanda had heard about him. As Genji confronted him, Wanda shifted towards the action.

tumblr_n6997qyWrM1qf8jzio1_500.png

"You should listen to our Japanese friend, Felix He's right. Take it from a "coalition dimwit herself."

Pausing, Wanda smiled politely at Genji before continuing.

"We all need just to stay calm, and figure this out. It Usami's defense, she has been nothing but kind and sweet from the start. Let's all keep that in mind."

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Krieg @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @BarrenThin

"Oh, Aster is not a pet, she is my friend's adopted ch-" Before Jack could get the final word out, Zinnia was up to her usual antics (read, rampages) again. The samurai only sighed as the Amazon began to attempt to use force to get her way, before his hands firmly took hold of her wrists, holding them in place. Leveling a cool glare her way, he began to spoke in a commanding voice, "Zinnia, that is enough! The little rabbit may not be at fault, and may even wish to help you if you will only allow it to do its jobs."

"Besides, there is no need to hurt the poor thing's ears. Imagine if you did this to Aster," A low blow for certain, but it would hopefully calm her down to think of the bunny as someone who was terrified of her like Aster would be. Assured that she would not continue shaking, the samurai began to loosen her grip on the creature's ears, hoping to free it from any pain.

"Thank you, mechanical man," Jack gave the robotic man (who seemed almost like a priest of some sort) a nod of respect for his aid. It seemed the machine was aware enough to have wisdom of its own, an interesting feat though one he had seen many times before. The fact that the machine was also peaceful in his sentience was surprising though, given the rarity of peaceful bots that he met in his travels. Perhaps this one was made with a peaceful outlook in mind?

"Kyaaaah!"

FN5hJwC.png

Usami screamed as Zinnia shook her up and down. "Scaryyyy! Stop, please! This is against the rules and won't help anybody! I'm your friend! If all you know is violence, then that is what this trip is for... to relax and strengthen your bonds with one another! Violence is too much! Too much!!" Usami squirmed in Zinnia's grip trying to get away. "Usami is sorry... I didn't mean to call your daughter a pet! She would be here if she could be, I'm sure! S-Someone save me..."

"Hey, please stop this!"

P5RbRKO.png

Standing up straight, a boy would come close to coming in between Zinnia and Usami. He gave the girl an exasperated looking, his name tag stating him to be the "Ultimate Combat Medic."

"This bus is cramped enough as it is-- at this rate, you're just going to get the wrong person hurt. I doubt you want that, especially if it's someone who's going to hit harder than a small rabbit."

@Verite @Jeremi @C.T. @BarrenThin @Krieg @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chewy Rabbits @DapperDogman @CrunchyCHEEZIT

The draconid woman certainly wasn't a happy camper. Even when Jack pleaded with her she didn't stop attacking the bunny rabbit. "Back off, I need answers here," she snapped at her friend, shooting a glare at Zenyetta afterwards. "Don't tell me what to do! You don't understand! This is MY DAUGHTER we're talking about! I can't lose her again! I'll do whatever it takes to get her back!"

"Yeah, well, if you were really my friend you'd give me back my Aster and let me go home! I didn't ask for another bus trip!" she shouted at the pink, cuddly-looking victim in her grasp. She only ceased her attack when a boy intervened. She finally dropped the rabbit and got up in the boy's face.

"I don't care if anyone gets hurt! And I don't care if I have to hurt someone myself! I need answers! None of you understand that without Aster I-- I have nothing."

I am nothing.

Of course, she didn't really mean her threats. Zinnia never really intended to hurt people. She was just upset. Aster was her whole world, so without her the woman felt empty.

@Atomyk @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT

tumblr_static_8u4pmi4oyvwgwk8g4kok44wss.gif

"Yeah! Candy! I really wish I had some right now! B-Before I came here, I went to this party with all of my friends! They had a lot of food and a bowl of candy! I ate all of the candy! I got a really bad tummy ache afterwards but it was TOTALLY WORTH IT!" Catbug giggled as he continued to shake his arms and legs while still being held in Chikage's grasp.

"My friend Danny even said 'Catbug don't eat so much or you're gonna taste like candy!' But it was so tasty! So I ate all of it and I think I taste like candy! I dunno for sure though, hehe!" This girl seemed really nice! Given how big her eyes got after Catbug mentioned candy, he could only assume that she would have liked some candy too! He totally would have shared with her and the hero he bumped into! "Your title sounds really cool! Ju...Ju...Juju! I bet it's something totally awesome!"

Indeed, Catbug's mannerisms were that of a child given he was only ten years old. But he could spot a potential friend from a while away and Chikage was certainly friend material!

"Hey! Do you think we should ask the wabbit lady if she has any candy? I bet if we're good students she'd totally give us some! But...How do we be a good student if I've never even gone to school?" Catbug pondered as Sir Jeffers laughed.

"Never fear, Catbug! For I will guide you into becoming the best student ever in the history of...EVER!"

"Wow! You're so great, Sir Jeffers! Hey Chikage, do you wanna meet our superhero friend?" Catbug nodded towards where Lapis was currently freaking out. All the while his thoughts were filled with eating as much candy as possible!

tumblr_mjph77E0Aq1qg5e45o1_500.gif

As drama began to brew between Felix and Arya, Catbug narrowed his eyes and his wings were in a frenzy.

"HEY! The Wabbit Lady's right! We should just try to be friends and not try to murder-kill eachother! That's not being friends!" It was a very simplistic and child like way of looking at things and Catbug was clearly unaware of why the man in armor seemed to have so much hate for the short girl but he didn't care! He didn't want to see people fight or get angry at eachother! They were all on this bus together! ^^

@Kaykay @BarrenThin @C.T. @Atomyk @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT
tumblr_o03agy18Ne1v3qowuo4_100.png

"I already told you the first time. I am not a superhero... or any kind of hero in general. Got it?"

Trying to hide the fact that she was somewhat freaking out, Lapis immediately responded with the denial of being any kind of hero that Catbug was trying to label her as. She was no hero, and she would explain that very much on why she isn't... it's just that with this type of atmosphere and the apparent feeling that this was all going to go wrong... she rather not put a target on herself. Especially when she could possibly die now, her crystal powers were gone, and so maybe her ability to be somewhat unkillable as well.

@Kaykay @BarrenThin @C.T. @Atomyk @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Chewy Rabbits

"Kyaaaah!"

FN5hJwC.png

"Hey, please stop this!"

P5RbRKO.png

Standing up straight, a boy would come close to coming in between Zinnia and Usami. He gave the girl an exasperated looking, his name tag stating him to be the "Ultimate Combat Medic."

The draconid woman certainly wasn't a happy camper. Even when Jack pleaded with her she didn't stop attacking the bunny rabbit. "Back off, I need answers here," she snapped at her friend, shooting a glare at Zenyetta afterwards. "Don't tell me what to do! You don't understand! This is MY DAUGHTER we're talking about! I can't lose her again! I'll do whatever it takes to get her back!"

"Yeah, well, if you were really my friend you'd give me back my Aster and let me go home! I didn't ask for another bus trip!" she shouted at the pink, cuddly-looking victim in her grasp. She only ceased her attack when a boy intervened. She finally dropped the rabbit and got up in the boy's face.

"I don't care if anyone gets hurt! And I don't care if I have to hurt someone myself! I need answers! None of you understand that without Aster I-- I have nothing."

I am nothing.

Of course, she didn't really mean her threats. Zinnia never really intended to hurt people. She was just upset. Aster was her whole world, so without her the woman felt empty.

@Atomyk @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT
"Zinnia, please," A steadying hand came to rest on her shoulder as Jack kept close to keep her in line, "I understand, and we will find Aster, one way or another. However, this is not the way, this intimidation and bullying, to go about it. Would Aster approve of this method?" He wished for once that she would calm down and think for a moment. Always running off seemed to always get the both of them in trouble, and it usually did not gain her anything.

"Please, just calm down. Perhaps if we explain that Aster is not your pet, the bunny can make an exception for you, and if not, then I will help you find her regardless."

Across the plains in North America, a coyote ran for the sheer joy of the chase, baying at the moon along its kin and there he was.

In Las Vegas, in a Casino known as the Laughing Stock, a white-clad Indian businessman cackled with his cronies as he relieved them of their current cash stocks for the fun of the game. Whiskey poured into crystal glasses and cigar smoke filled the air around them, as flashing smiles and bits of cardboard decided the fortunes of kings as around them, the temple devoted to mischief and luck worked its power.

And there he was too.

But he was also here....A wasteland, cracked earth and scorched rock for miles...Storm clouds rumbled with a promise of rain, but never there- Always, never quite there. And starkly, against the drab background skipped{there truly was no better word for it}, a sight that only in the Never-Never and to his select, was an aspect of his true self.

full

He was Coyote...Indian...And Trickster. All in one, one in all. A multicolored laughing figure, who wriggled and seemed not all there in his movements as he sprung...And stopped in one place in particular, waiting and waiting for all of five seconds before pouting.

"Slow! TOO SLOW!"

A tear in space was ripped apart, madness emanating as he reached in, teeth gently clamping around something as he pulled it out and closed the hole. Dropping his bundle, tail wagging he smiled broadly.

"There you are."

And there she was.

She stood tall, looking at the god with a degree of exasperated amusement, the blonde pixie-looking woman standing there. The sharp smell of engine oil wafted and her sleeves and hands were greasy, with the blood of cars upon her. Wiping them on her legs absentmindedly, she looked around and raised an eyebrow.

"Only us?"

Coyote wriggled in sheer delight and spoke.

"Only us m'dear. Old Moo-Master seems to have given us the slip."

She gave him a flat look at the title given to the third member of their meeting, considering who he was and was about to berate when their attention was caught. In the distance, a traveler on the horizon would be making strides towards them. Slow and steady, dressed in a massive fur cape with a hood.

The woman blinked.

And the hooded figure was suddenly there, his hood pulled back to reveal the head of a Buffalo. Leaning on his staff, he exhaled air from his nostrils and flicked an ear, leaning on his staff. Coyote scoffed, his ever-present grin upon his face.

"Show off. Ada....Perhaps you will grace us with your true form in turn?"

Ada shrugged once.

"This is my true form. Indistinguishable, yet unique. A face out of untold millions, with a story to tell. Besides, you called us. Coyote of Tribes."

He expression turned serious as she spoke.

"For what reason have you summoned the spirit of the Land and the Nation?"

Lightning flashed and thunder rumbled in the skies. Sometimes, this place could be so cliche. No wonder Coyote asked them to meet here and he laughed, a merry sound of mischief in audible form, that wormed its way into your brain and played the bongo drums nonstop.

"My freaky darlings, my dear, dear friends...."

With that self-same smile, he turned to them both and said quietly, eyes shining.

"I've come to demand vengeance."

--------------

Ada awoke.

.....That was odd. The last thing she remembered was speaking to Coyote and the Land, as the former presented his case. Then she had left via her own power to return to home. Except....She never made it, it would appear. She looked out the window, drawing on her power. If this was in America, she would know where.

.....But there was nothing.

Her connection to the land was lost. It was static, like the difference between a postcard picture and actually being there. What happened? Did she run into....Them? If she did, she wondered that she was yet alive. Ada took the time then to look around at the people on the bus. Some were furious, others were....Less so. She glanced down at her jumpsuit, idly noting the name tag as she glanced at the title.

Unbeknownst to her, in the back of the bus, a figure would be waking up....Realizing upon where he was, just what sort of situation he was in. Being the person he was, he decided to take this calmly as he could.

tumblr_ne6o3nehww1r8ifo5o1_500.gif

@No one​

"You..."

With newfound strength, the greedy nihilist began to rapidly reach forward, shoving, pushing, and generally trying to get to the front end of the bus. Old habits die hard.
She didn't even notice at first, still absently trying to remove the nametag...
The cyborg's head snapped up just as he was about to give his teacher a relieved greeting. "Stay here, master." Though he felt considerably slower and weaker, Genji still had his training. He made his way to the front with relative ease, his lithe frame glowing green as he vaulted seats to pass Felix up, likely to the distress of their occupants. The next step was planting himself firmly in front of the large, armored man. He placed a hand on the man's shoulder. "Slow down, nakama. You seem angry. Do not do anything hasty." Genji, himself, would not be surprised if the man took a swing, but he wanted to keep things away from unnecessary violence if he could.​
At least up until another stepped in and her attention was drawn that way.

"That's like asking some people to stop breathing. There will always be violent fools." She turned to Byakuka briefly.

"Understatement of the year."
"I dunno what the fat bunny is but she's right." The man whose name seemed to be Nigel Higgins with the title Ultimate Vigilante would speak up. "Beatin' each other senseless isn't going to do any good for any of us. So I suggest we all calm down until we got off this damn bus. Does that sound like a good plan to your all?"
"That remains to be seen."
The monks attention turned to Felix-- a large, supposedly human individual clad in large orange armor. The presence of a soldier carries an air of natural anger and authority.

"Quite the colorful bus..." Zenyatta mused idly as he looked over the sea of other souls, brought into this dream. That is, if it even is a dream.​

...what in the seven kingdoms are those things?
"I will give you this once chance, skimpy-suit sword...dude. That wolf-bitch is mine, you understand? She is reason I am probably dragged into this fucking mess, that cunt ruined my rep back then, and I will fuckin' ruin her before this is all over with, you understand me? So, if you wish to not have that fancy katana of yours stuck straight up where the sun doesn't shine, I suggest you move."
"..."

tumblr_nndfkubV1I1slgxxho1_250.jpg

"I don't even know you, though from what I'm hearing from you...whoever shoved that stick up your ass was right to do so. If you have a problem with me, come right out and say it to me. I have nothing to hide from a man who hides behind armor, too frightened to face a child."

@BarrenThin @Krieg @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomyk @Jeremi @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.