Status
Not open for further replies.
The cold expression on Kyoko's face had frightened Nono's soul. It was no different from the arctic blaze as far as Nono could tell. It was so cold, I could write a whole paragraph about it but I will not.

D8YHiA9.webp

"H- huh?" Nono then proceeds to stand up as the bus starts to rock from...

Just look at everyone on the bus. Of course it'll rock like hell.

GCrFl7e.webp

"I can't... can I?"

She was afraid, but she had to do the right thing.

Nono slings her shoulders over Kyoko, and slings Kyoko's shoulders over her neck. She feels a chill down her nape, but not just any chill, IT WAS JOE CHILL, AND HE HAS COME TO KILL NONO'S PARENTS it was a chill that emerged from Kyoko's long sleeves, from her body heat.

Nono's feet started to jitter, clear evidence that she could not support Kyoko for too long.

6FyAgNf.jpg

"Wh- what's Bright Falls? I- it's dangerous, isn't it? The outdoors are... not my thing..."

@Verite @Kaykay @Peeps​
xwVgEau.png

"... Thanks."

Kyoko took a small breath when being helped back into her seat by Nono. Perhaps that was what she got for choosing not to be almost completely passive for once, but she couldn't think of that now. Not while she had a (extremely rough) idea of what to do in this sort of situation since she was familiar with it all.

Letting the other girl answer Nono's inquiries for her, Kyoko would divert her attention away from Nono once again, in a manner even colder than she even meant to, to be honest. She was going to take some time to recover, but it seemed that either way, Usami would waddle over to their general location, so she didn't even have to really get up.

Most of the words Usami would say when explaining what Bright Falls was exactly supposed to be would go right in one ear and out the other for Kyoko; the name of the place was already interchangeable with "Hope's Peak Academy" because when someone like that starts describing a place like that and describing the other people around as "classmates," she could already feel bad vibes from a mile away.

That is, bad vibes, as Yasuhiro would call them anyway.

lUKVHs1.png

"Hey... Excuse me, Usami," Kyoko began, "How did we get here? And what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be back with..." She started to say, before her voice would begin to trail off for some reason, like she couldn't get the words out of her throat. It wasn't that she forgot, but more... She couldn't really say what it was, to be honest. But if this wasn't a standard multiverse trick / coincidence, then hopefully Usami would know what she wanted to say, right?

@Kaykay @Crow @Atomyk

Link to sign-ups/info thread.
Please see the group's General Chat / RP Discussion / Discord Server for OOC talk.
Please see the wiki for more info.

PROLOGUE
"Taken by the Heart-Throbbing School Bus!"

The dreams are vivid and confusing.

Hurtling through space, strange images and colors swiftly pass by. Like a kaleidoscope being directly broadcast into one's brain, these visions are rapid and mystifying, overlapping over each other to strike at every sense. A vision of rain dances across your eyes, accompanied by the pungent smells of musk and mold. Laughing can be heard off in the distance, but on your tongue is the taste of salt water. Your hands feel hot, as if they are holding mugs of hot coffee, and yet your entire body feels cold, as if you've been dumped in water.

Light dances across your vision, flashing new and wild images. The rain gives way to a raging tornado that towers over you, threatening to tear you apart.

0g4KSGc.jpg

The next moment, it's a calm night sky. A lighthouse stands off in the distance, like a sole beacon of hope in the sea of overwhelming darkness.

FKufwzp.png

These visions are so sudden, that you can't quite keep up with them all. It soon becomes overwhelming, your body beginning to experience sensory overload. Speaking, moving, breathing-- no matter what, you find your body frozen in place, unable speak, unable to move, unable to even think. It feels like your drowning, and you begin to feel yourself choking on air--

Then, you finally awaken.

Sunlight touches at your eyes. It takes a moment to fully grasp the reality of the situation. Sitting up, you find yourself on a school bus traveling along a rural country road.

kg0vbEs.jpg

Soft rays of sunlight drift in from the windows, bathing the inside of the bus in a morning orange glow. Looking outside, one would see a bleak and dreary forest stretching as far as one could imagine. Even if one was feeling groggy from their nap, they would be able to tell that something felt entirely off about all this, as if a gnawing sense of abnormality has grown in the pit their stomach. You can't remember how you got here or where here even is. The atmosphere plays tricks on your mind, making strange shapes and people appear to pop out of the wooded landscape. It is deadly quiet, and you find that any items you had on you before is not with you now.

On this bus, you are not alone.

People (Not all even entirely human) of all kinds are crammed into the bus, taking up every seat and waking up in various states of confusion. Looking toward the back, you would find it modified with a higher roof to fit a hulking individual made of snow. Those with special powers found themselves suddenly incredibly mundane, while those without such abilities still felt off, almost as if they were in a dreamlike state.

If one was to approach the front, they wouldn't be able to tell who was sitting in the driver's seat until they were standing right beside the driver. An impossible sight awaited whoever would take a glance, for it was a bright pink rabbit sitting in the driver's seat, staring at the blank road stretching out for miles. She was dressed in a frilly outfit with angel wings on the back. The seat was modified and pushed forward so that the rabbit's stubby arms could reach the driving wheel, while sticks attached to her feet touched at the pedals.

From the front seat came a large mass of a boy, pushing through the aisle to get a good look at the rabbit bus driver. He had to shove his large frame against the bus' front dash just to get a look at the creature.

q3TZd4F.png

"What are you?" the boy cried, sounding more angry than anything. "What is the meaning of this?"

The rabbit giggled before turning to him. "One second!" The rabbit then turned, taking her stick feet off the pedal and her hands off the wheel. Somehow, the bus drove on without interruption. The rabbit then shook off the sticks, dropping down from off the driver's seat and taking out a staff of some kind.

tWpVayn.png

"It's Magical Miracle Girl Usami! ... A.K.A. Usami! As surprising as it may be, I am your teacher chaperone for this school trip!"

The boy staring at her practically shook as he sneered at the rabbit. "That's-- That's not what I meant!"

The rabbit tilted her head to the side slightly in confusion. "Then what did you mean...? Do you know what a rabbit is? It is a very lovable animal!"

"No," said the boy, sounding as if he'd managed to collect himself somewhat. "I understand what I am looking at, but it doesn't matter. Why are we here on this school bus? What do you mean, school trip?"

"Oh..." The rabbit nodded and clasped her hands together. "Right! It's only the biggest event of the school year! We're on our way to Bright Falls, where soon our hearts will be one with nature while we go camping at a National Park! This is a vacation, everyone, so I just want you all to forget about everything and enjoy yourselves!"

"That doesn't... That wasn't a real answer."

"Oh, well! I can answer more once we get to our destination! Please, keep your hands and feet inside the bus at all times and try not to cause a ruckus!" The rabbit then climbed back into her seat and took hold of the wheel. She didn't bother to attach the sticks to her feet again. "Remember, a map of our destination is provided under each of your seats!"

Usami was telling the truth, for a look under the seats would reveal maps of a town called Bright Falls.

oh0ipUB.png

Anyone who tried to leave the bus would find that the doors and windows would not budge, no matter the amount of pressure placed on them. Also, for whatever reason, everyone had name tags attached to the front of their clothing. On the tags were titles, whatever those meant...

CAST LIST
@Ringmaster as Ada Bartholdi "Ultimate Architect" [American Gods/Hidden World]
@CookieMonster as Aeryn "Liva" Olivia "Ultimate Assassin" [Original Character (Farscape)]
@C.T. as Arya Stark "Ultimate Killer" [Game of Thrones]
@Yang Lee as Bolin "Ultimate Earthbender" [The Legend Of Korra]
@Atomyk as Byakuya Togami "Ultimate Affluent Progeny" [Danganronpa]
@Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada "Ultimate Jujutsuka" [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi]
@T.O.M. as Catbug "Ultimate Cutie" [Bravest Warriors]
@GlassTrinity as Citizen Snow "Ultimate Snowman" [Original Character]
@Minerva as Corrin "Ultimate Protector" [Fire Emblem]
@DapperDogman as Darv "Ultimate Saltborn" [Salt & Sanctuary]
@Yun Lee as Edmond Honda "Ultimate Sumo Wrestler" [Street Fighter]
@Ellya as Ellie "Ultimate Survivalist" [The Last of Us]
@CCC Kouhai as Five "Ultimate Game Master" [Zankyou no Terror]
@BarrenThin as Genji Shimada "Ultimate Forgiveness" [Overwatch]
@Krieg as Isaac "Felix" Gates "Ultimate Bounty Hunter" [Red VS Blue]
@The Tactician as Jack "Ultimate Samurai" [Samurai Jack]
@york as Jack Frost "Ultimate Funhouse" [Rise of the Guardians]
@Dec as Jacket "Ultimate Overkill" [Hotline Miami]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri "Ultimate ???" [Danganronpa]
@Gummi Bunnies as "Lapis Lazuli" "Ultimate Crystal" [Original Character]
@Melon as Leonidas "Ultimate King" [300]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as M. "Stiles" Stilinski "Ultimate Sarcasm" [Teen Wolf]
@Crow as Morikubo Nono "Ultimate Wallflower" [THE iDOLM@STER]
@Jeremi as Poison "Ultimate Manager" [Street Fighter]
@Hazel-rah as Ringabel "Ultimate Vagabond" [Bravely Default]
@Josh M as Scarlet Witch "Ultimate Witch" [Marvel Comics]
@Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden "Ultimate Breaching Charge" [Rainbow Six: Siege]
@Hospes as Tarlotte "Ultimate Tantrum" [Kyoshiro to Town no Sora]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta "Ultimate Teacher" [Overwatch]
@DBZ7 as Tharja "Ultimate Hextress" [Fire Emblem]
@Nater Taters as Tomoko Kuroki "Ultimate Loser" [WataMote]
@A Tiny Fool as Victoria Maribeth Chase "Ultimate Bitch" [Life is Strange]
@Takumi as Yurick "Ultimate Arcanist" [The Last Story]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Zinnia "Ultimate Lorekeeper" [Pokemon]​

Prologue: Exploring the dark and waking in a new land

Yurick and his friends Zael and Mirania had been steadily advancing through an underground cave system under Lazulis Island's Castle after being thrown in jail under the false accusation of kidnapping the pirncess. They were lucky to be put in a cell with an archeologist that happened to find a whole in the wall that even led to such a place.

But, there were monsters left and right, with barely any time between for breaks. And there was no telling if any of the guards had noticed and were after them.

"Zael! Look out!" the one eyed male suddenly exclaimed as a large hulking creature charged at Zael suddenly.

The battle was a tough one and by tge end of it? Yurick was tired.

More so than usual. Zael even seemed worried for him.

"Yurick? Are you alright? You don't look so well." the older of the two asked. Mirania started to look concerned as well.

"I'm fine, let's keep going." Yurick assured.

"We've been fighting almost non-stop, surely you and Mirania need some rest from all the casting and-" Zael was cut off by Yurick's exasperated sigh.

"Zael, I'm fine. And Mirania seems in much better shape than me. Bloody hell, I should be asking if you're okay. Besides, we need to keep moving." Yurick said as he past Zael, then turned to look back at him.

Zael sighed and nodded in defeat before they moved on.

Yurick felt worse the longer they kept going and while Zael had found a chest and was checking the contents, the archane user passed out, causing alarm for his current traveling companions.

------

Yurick woke with a jolt and a sharp gasp. He glanced around and saw unfamiliar faces and heard unfamiliar voices. He was sitting in some...moving carriage without horses?

What was going on?

7b430c5fdf0207f40f199d262cc87b43.jpg

Taking a moment to calm himself he noticed some other things.

1. A talking pink bunny with wings

2. A giant snowman...monster thing

3. His dagger was gone-the very one that belonged to his father previously

And

4. He couldn't feel his powers and his right eyes was throbbing like a-

At a particularly hard bump in the road he grunted in discomfort.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @EVERYONE

Last edited:
"Huh?"

oRTylPX.png

Seeing Arya look down at her name tag made the boy realize he wore one himself. He examined it for a moment, before nodding contently. "That is rather odd..." He looked to Arya again, though didn't linger to stare at whatever her title was. Truly, he didn't care much at all. "I find it unlikely you or most anyone here are members of Hope's Peak Academy. That's what these name tags are representing-- the titles of those students. I am -- or maybe, was -- the Ultimate Affluent Progeny, chosen for my status as Byakuya Togami, heir to the Togami corporation. We can assume everyone here excels at or represents whatever title they were given, but who decided to hand them out...?"

The boy rubbed at his double chin. He had watched as the woman had tried to open the door, getting a sense she was no pushover. Breaking out seemed unlikely, at least for now. "Someone might be playing a practical joke. If we can't escape, I suppose all we can do is wait for this little performance to play out for the moment."

@C.T. @Jeremi @Krieg

Turning in the driver's seat, Usami looked back to spot Nono looking rather distressed. The rabbit girl squirmed, suddenly feeling mighty distressed herself to see a young girl in such a state. She hopped down from the driver's seat and made her way past the large girth of the boy who was still angrily glaring at her to stand next to the seat Nono was occupying. Putting her hands on her hand, Usami looked downright depressed.

FN5hJwC.png

"I'm sorry," she said in a low voice. "I can't let you make any calls. We're going camping in the authentic outdoors, so there can't be any electronics! Please, don't be upset though! Usami is your teacher and she's here to look out for you... she'll do everything she can to make you happy!"

"How about taking us home?"

Usami turned in surprise to find a young girl towering over her. The girl leaned in so that she was staring straight down at Usami, who was forced to crane her head all the way up.

eLnwgeg.png

"I think that's something that'll make me happy." The look in the girl's eyes suggested she held disdain for this rabbit already. Perhaps that was her natural look, for when she lifted her head to look at the others sitting nearby, she seemed to look down on the rest of them as well. On her chest was a name tag that said "Ultimate Strong-Willed Leader."

The rabbit shrunk away from the girl, looking a tad frightened now. "I-I can't... Usami is very sorry! I think you should get to know your fellow classmates and start developing close bonds with each other! Friends can wash away all hardships that you may have, I promise!"

"Huh, right..." Placing her hands on her hips, the auburn-haired girl looked momentarily confused. She shot a glance toward the fat boy at the front of the bus, but quickly shook her head and looked back toward Kyoko. "Guess the rabbit has a point. You got a name? I'm..." There was a moment of hesitation on the girl's end before she eventually settled on, "Diana."

@Crow @Verite @Kaykay

As Nono had lifted Kyoko, she hid behind her in the presence of this Diana person.

Strangers were scary.​

"Hi! I'm Catbug!"

Oh! How could he have been so rude?! He had completely forgotten about his old and trusted companion! Opening up his wings, Catbug pulled out a stick that had googly eyes glued to it as he held it up proudly.

7WRxxeM.gif

"This is Sir Jeffers! We're both weally happy to meet you!"

Nono's fingers were clawing into Kyoko's suit upon the sight of the odd sentient arthropod-chordate hybrid.

D8YHiA9.webp

"I..."

Nono cowered in fear of the beast as it approached.​

mD34CCu.png

"The outdoors aren't that dangerous. But I don't know what Bright Falls is, so it'd be ill-advised to walk about it carelessly."

6FyAgNf.jpg

"Th- thank you for the advice... I guess... Morikubo is a very indoors person..." Nono stutters. "We have... nametags?"

The girl was known as Chikage, it seems. What's Jujutsuka?

Nono looked at what hers read.

Morikubo Nono
Super High School Level Ultimate Wallflower

"Morikubo is still in Middle School though... why Ultimate and not Champion*?"​

"Hey." Chikage called out to the rabbit with a serious, cold look on her features. "What classmates? I know none of these people go to my school, at least."

My god.

She was right.

But now there were more pressing matters such as...​

"Well well, isn't this something?" She had a slight smirk on her face as she looked around at the other passengers. "Whatever shall happen next?"

7zj36mj.jpg

"WE NEED ROASTED BEANS! WE HAVE AN ONI IN THE BUS!"

Nono's panic was most obvious. Oni were mere Fairy Tales made to scare children, but one was standing right there...

@Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi @Atomyk @Chewy Rabbits

*Diggyman

Last edited:

LMPfigR.gif

"...So...Sleeepy...Zzz.."

Those were the last words Catbug got out as he was engulfed in some kind of blinding light from the hero he met! So it hadn't been a bomb or a microwave at all! But something else that Catbug didn't quite understand! He had ended up laying his head on Lapis's lap gently purring away as the bus continued on it's ride. But as the rabbit and big boy started to talk, Catbug's eyes slowly fluttered as he hopped up to his feet and began to bounce up and down! This was becoming such a en exciting day! He ran into a hero, got caught in a light, and he was on a bus with said hero!

Not only that but Sir Jeffers had come along too!

"This...Is...The BEST DAY EVER! YES! HEY MS HERO WAKE UP! WE'RE ON A BUS! :D"

But noticing how angry the fat boy seemed to get with the rabbit, Catbug frowned. Wasn't this going to be a fun trip? Why did he seem so upset? If this was a trip than they were probably going somewhere that was going to be a lot of fun! Catbug even got a name tag that said:

ULTIMATE CUTIE

Things were looking pretty good! Turning towards Lapis, Catbug began to shake her in an attempt to try and wake her up.

"Their's so many people here, Ms. Hero! We got a big round boy, a wabbit, and a girl with purple hair! Let's go say hiiiiii!"

As it didn't seem like Lapis was going to be stirring anytime soon, Catbug decided he'd let her sleep. After all, she'd need to be all rested up when she did eventually wake up and start hanging out with the other friends on here! Hopping into the middle of the aisle, Catbug watched as both a girl named Diana and a shorter girl all seemed to want to go home!

"Don't worry you guys! I think we're going to be just fine! I trust the wabbit lady!"

tumblr_nie9s9CrHe1ti02dwo8_250.gif

But who would be his friend now? Looking around at those assorted among the crowd, Catbug flew over to a girl-one who seemed around um...Eleven? Twelve? Catbug wasn't sure he could count much higher than that so she had to be one of those! But however old she was didn't matter, what did matter was that they became friends and they all had fun on this new and exciting school trip.

"Hi! I'm Catbug!"

Oh! How could he have been so rude?! He had completely forgotten about his old and trusted companion! Opening up his wings, Catbug pulled out a stick that had googly eyes glued to it as he held it up proudly.

7WRxxeM.gif

"This is Sir Jeffers! We're both weally happy to meet you!"

@Atomyk @Crow @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay

Sooner or later, all of the chatter that was occurring in the bus would finally wake up the bounty hunter. Forcing herself awake, Lapis felt a strange feeling about this. So they were in some sort of school bus, but yet, with the odd group that was in the bus... the hunter had a bad feeling that something was off with this. Getting herself off of her seat, she immediately took notice that her plasma sword and pistol were gone.

Fucking great. I just got that plasma sword too...

Well, she instantly got the implication that they should totally get off this bus. Somewhat ignoring everything else, even Catbug, Lapis began to head towards the front of the bus.
The boy who had accosted the rabbit earlier met Arya at the front of the bus. He watched as she went to lay into the rabbit herself, but he stepped in once the rabbit left to see to one of the kids on the verge of tears.

eQ6d1Kd.png

"Don't waste your breath. The rabbit is frustratingly obtuse." Crossing his arms, the boy looked to unattended driver's seat. After a moment of thought, he reach out to tug at the wheel, but found it wouldn't budge for him. "What the--" Letting out an exasperated noise, the boy strained against the wheel. "There's no stopping this damn thing...! Hmph." Taking his hand off the wheel, Arya would see the boy look momentarily embarassed.

"The door. The windows. The rabbit's not going to let us out, so we should try to break out ourselves."

What they would do after that with the vehicle still moving, the boy didn't say.

@C.T.
A loud groan would echo through the bus from a woman with long bubble gum pink hair

poisone.gif

"Ugh...feels like I've been on a week long bender..." The woman's name was Poison. Former Mad Gear member now reformed wrestling manager.

The only thing she remembered was that she had watched her head wrestler and friend Hugo training in the wrestling ring before she had felt very dizzy and woken up here.

Getting up from her seat past what seemed to be a black men with a golden heart on his shirt Poison would make her way towards the door of the bus to try and open it. "Lousy hunk of junk!" When it wouldn't budge she'd give it a swift kick with her high heels, but realized that didn't have any effect it. "What's this bus made of, titanium?" She asked annoyed.

"Hey luv!" The man Poison had sat next to shouted to her in a British accent.

"You'll breakdown faster than the bus at that rate."

"No one asked you!" She shouted back giving the door a few more kicks before slumping down near the door with an exasperated sigh.

Meanwhile at the back of the bus two girls we sitting next to each other. While otherwise normal looking, the fact that one of them had a pink long tail and the other two long horns made them stand out despite their otherwise short stature.

"Oh my gosh a bus? I didn't know we were going on a ride! Wait until Flynt hears about th-! Huh?" She'd look around the bus. "Flynt? Flyyynt! Huh that's weird..."

The other girl was dressed in a very loose fitting kimono and what appeared to be a swim suit underneath. The look on her face could only be described as serene.

"Well well, isn't this something?" She had a slight smirk on her face as she looked around at the other passengers. "Whatever shall happen next?"

"Who's asking?" While the voice didn't sound familiar the body of E. Honda certainly was. "Honda?! What are you doing here!"

@Yun Lee @Everyone
"Of course she is." She muttered under her breath. Not bad enough that she got dragged away from a moment of satisfying triumph but it had to be by an obtuse bunny thing. Magical girl, it had said. She observed the fat boy as he attempted to use the wheel...all in vain. She was reminded somewhat of Hot Pie as well as that stableboy she had run through when he tried to get in her way.​

"...Looks like it is easier said than done." It was only then she glanced down at herself, the nametag sticking out like a sore thumb on her plain brown shirt. Ultimate...

"..." She instantly reached for it in an attempt to remove it. That didn't need to be broadcasted to all of these strangers.

@Atomyk @Jeremi
"Huh?"

oRTylPX.png

Seeing Arya look down at her name tag made the boy realize he wore one himself. He examined it for a moment, before nodding contently. "That is rather odd..." He looked to Arya again, though didn't linger to stare at whatever her title was. Truly, he didn't care much at all. "I find it unlikely you or most anyone here are members of Hope's Peak Academy. That's what these name tags are representing-- the titles of those students. I am -- or maybe, was -- the Ultimate Affluent Progeny, chosen for my status as Byakuya Togami, heir to the Togami corporation. We can assume everyone here excels at or represents whatever title they were given, but who decided to hand them out...?"

The boy rubbed at his double chin. He had watched as the woman had tried to open the door, getting a sense she was no pushover. Breaking out seemed unlikely, at least for now. "Someone might be playing a practical joke. If we can't escape, I suppose all we can do is wait for this little performance to play out for the moment."

@C.T. @Jeremi @Krieg
Getting to the front of the bus, Lapis took notice with the nametag that she somehow had on her now. For that moment, she chuckled a bit at what was presented as her Ultimate title.

Ultimate Crystal, huh? Guess someone ran out of ideas...

Casually walking up to the windshield of the bus, Lapis held out her hand to the side, closing her eyes for a bit in order to try and manifest a crystal lance. If they couldn't get out using normal brute force, then Lapis would resort to this. It was only fair. However, as much as she tried, not even a small crystal had appeared.

"W... what? You've got to be kidding me..."

Lapis whispered under her breath, snapping her fingers several times, waving her hand around... but nothing as close as a little crystal came into manifestation. Only thin air... normal thin air. Special powers don't just disappear on you, especially powers that kept her alive. So how come she was still around? How come she hasn't dropped dead yet?

"If this was some practical joke... something about this... it feels way too... organized to be a small prank."

@C.T. @Jeremi @Atomyk

As Nono had lifted Kyoko, she hid behind her in the presence of this Diana person.

Strangers were scary.​

Nono's fingers were clawing into Kyoko's suit upon the sight of the odd sentient arthropod-chordate hybrid.

D8YHiA9.webp

"I..."

Nono cowered in fear of the beast.​

6FyAgNf.jpg

"Th- thank you for the advice... I guess... Morikubo is a very indoors person..." Nono stutters. "We have... nametags?"

Morikubo Nono

"I'm still in Middle School though... why Ultimate and not Champion*?​

My god.

She was right.

But now there were more pressing matters such as...​

7zj36mj.jpg

Nono's panic was most obvious. Oni were mere Fairy Tales made to scare children, but one was standing right there...

*Diggyman

"Hehe...don't worry child." The girl with the horns responded. "You don't really have enough meat on your bones to fill even a fraction of my stomach." Curious about the nametag talk up front she'd look down on her own tag attached to her kimono and noticed her name Shuten-Douji written on it and the title Ultimate Drunk. "Well that is something I can not refute." She replied with a slight chuckle.

@Crow

"...Watashi wa doko desu ka?"

image.jpeg

Genji was, perhaps, one of the few people on this bus that did not panic. Yes, of course, he was surprised to find himself in a strange, new place, but he quickly made a successful effort to remain calm. He scanned the others on the bus, finding only one he recognized. The individual his eyes rested on the longest was Usami. Funnily enough, not because she was a talking rabbit. In fact, though he found that strange, he gave it little thought. Instead, he honed in on her as the person driving, and, therefore, the person who knew what was going on. That would be good to note later. For now, he began to study the others in the vehicle, making sure everyone was alright. There was a little girl who seemed to be in a panic, but was alright, for now. The others... Well, he wasn't sure what to make of them. The only person he was glad to see was Zenyatta, his teacher. He stepped over to the Omnic, wishing to see if he was okay. "Master? Are you well?"

@Atomyk
@CrunchyCHEEZIT

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
"Will of Man. Steel and stone. Wrest from sea, For iron home"
The sea was no stranger to Darv. He'd been a sellsword that worked at sea most of his life before he shipwrecked, and after that he spent years on an island, conquering mighty creatures and foul beings alike
The sea was more his home than dry land, and he felt little discomfort to see that he'd emerged from the island's well, out at sea

What did cause him to panic, was the tornado making a beeline for him, threatening to rend his armour from his flesh. He felt his spear go first, his shield followed shortly after. Before long he'd lost his whole pack

All he had left was his lucky ring. He clutches it with all his strength, before he felt his mind slipping, and all faded to black

"Does it understand yet?" he hears a familiar voice prod at his mind "Does it wish to become a god?"

"I don't believe in gods"

"You have fought them tooth and nail, and yet you deny them still?"

"If I could kill them, then how can they claim to be gods?"

"..."

The voice grew silent, as if in thought, before it let out what sounded like a gentle sigh of defeat

"Soon, it will understand. Soon it will see that all men must die, in the end"

"Men die, it is part of being mortal"

"And gods should be so different?"

"Gods are supposed to be immortal, all powerful"

"The gods you fought had been forgotten, they grew weak"

"Then perhaps when I die, you too shall cease to be"

"Perhaps. It will see in time"

Then, in a flash of white, he found himself gripping onto the headrest of the seat in front of him, his gauntleted hands threatening to tear it clean from the rest of the seat

He opens his mouth slowly, as if to speak, before taking a long pause, and looking around the bus. He had never seen anything quite like this place, it was so vibrant with colour, and full of people wearing high quality clothing befitting of royalty where he came from. He also spied a woman clad in armour, and made note that she may be the only one here who would understand his confusion. But he doubted he'd have any bond with her outside of their choice of clothing, as her armour was of a style he had never seen. An Iron One unable to recognise armour was a worrying thing back home

As he continues to look around, he failed to manage so much as a word, all the interesting things he kept spotting. He was too shocked by the sudden leap in technological advancement

@Whoever​

Diana only glowered at practically being ignored. She didn't move, even if she was being ignored.

"Hey..." Usami rubbed at her rabbit chin, giving Kyoko a curious look. "You're thinking real hard, aren't you? That's wonderful! I want all of my students to think real hard and build on their knowledge! You see, you got here by the grace of... your wills! Your strong wills! You came together to form this student body in order to forge close bonds that would protect you against any hardship you may face. It may sound confusing, but it's actually really simple. You don't have to worry, Kyoko, I'm here because of you... I mean, I'm here because I'm here for all of you. To be your chaperone!"

It all made perfect sense to Usami.

IjJ9kgt.png

"So, we're all where we're supposed to be, okay?"

She smiled at Kyoko, but a comment from Poison caught Usami off-guard.

rNE4YwI.png

"Your... puppies...?"

@Crow @Verite @Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Josh M
Prologue

- Coalition Cafeteria -

BsyO23p.jpg

Sitting alone in a room full of people wasn't new to Wanda Maximoff, the hero known as Scarlet Witch. The situation didn't bug her. It was nice... this moment was nice. Recently, Wanda had been trying to "Start her own life." Making her own path in the world, so to speak, trying to fix the magical art of Witchcraft-- an art that was fractured. Wanda was also researching her heritage; with the revelation that Magneto wasn't her father, a weight was lifted, but a journey had started.

However, along with those spinning plates, Cosmo, a senior member of the Coalition and Chief of Security of the base known as Knowhere, had contacted her on the recommendation of her former Avenger teammate, Mantis. Wanda was offered a position as Cosmo's "Magical Adviser", along with membership on the Coalition's Strike Team after hearing Cosmo's mission. However, at the moment, she was just enjoying her Chicken Caesar salad.

Books laid at the side of Wanda and she was currently in her own mind. The peace was nice. It was a shame the peace wouldn't last forever...

As a certain Ruby Rose was walking by, she recognized someone she had come to know in the Coalition, so she took it upon herself to plop herself down right next to Wanda. It was an innocent gesture really, just to show that she was still around... As a friend and all, and really, this probably wasn't the first time she had done this sort of thing. However, this time, she seemed to notice that Wanda seemed to have spaced out, and for a while, she sort of sat there awkwardly, twiddling her thumbs. It was only after a good minute or so before she finally spoke.

gdyx1Hj.gif

"Soo... Um... Hooow did YOUR mission go?" She asked suddenly straight out of the blue.

It was apparent that she was trying to strike up a conversation with that random question, but it was uncertain how successful she was going to be.

"..."

"Earth to Wanda!" Ruby said, a little louder this time.

It was apparent that she was used to this sort of thing... But, it didn't mean she was any less impatient about getting her friend's attention.

Wanda shook her head, snapping back into the moment.

"Oh, hello, Ruby! Sorry about that, I was little spaced out."

Wanda smiled, taking a sip of her tea. A little spaced out was putting it nicely. However, as much as Wanda enjoyed the peace, Ruby was a nice surprise. The two, both being members of the Strike Team, were no strangers. After working with the girl, Wanda understood why Cosmo was such a fan. Ruby was kind, full of energy, yet she was also a gifted leader with inner strength that was inspiring.

Then it hit her what Ruby said.

"The mission?""

A pause as she frowned slightly, taking a sip of her tea.

"It's not going. That's the issue. I've looked into Cosmo's concerns. That's all I can say."

Wanda was coy. She didn't want get Ruby involved, but Wanda and Cosmo had been disagreeing on courses of action recently. It wasn't that big of a rift, still, worry could be seen on her face slightly, before changing the subject.

"Anyway, how have you been, Ruby? It's been some time since we last talked. Anything new in your life?"

"Daww... I hate it when you do that..." Ruby said, pouting a little.

The slightly gloomy expression on her face faded after a moment though, replaced by a more cheerful expression. For the moment, it seemed like she had forgotten about the little things that had troubled her for the moment.

49ElIGR.gif

"Oooh! My day was... ... Awesome! Soul showed me some cool moves in his scythe form! Fought some Grimm, saved the day and and!-... ..." Ruby froze, looking a little embarrassed of herself.

"Ooops... I should stop... Heh..." She said sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck as she suddenly realized that she was rambling.

Wanda couldn't help but find the girl's ramblings charming.

"It's fine, Ruby. You know I don't mind."

Cleaning up her tray, Wanda would address Ruby's earlier issue.

"I know you like to know, Ruby. Believe me, I am right there with you. However..."

Wanda paused, her attitude shifted. A little more serious in nature. Wanda's tone was slightly shaky.

3782647-tumblr_n4johxyeyk1tt9im0o1_500.jpg

"I want to tell you, but I have reasons. Once you eat off the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge, you can never not know again, Ruby. Let's let sleeping dogs lie, okay?"

tFy1OlQ.gif

"I know..." Ruby said, she looked a little gloomy again.

Though, to be honest... She didn't know; at least she didn't know what to do in a situation like this... Though the Coalition, and its allies, were still together for the moment, she worried about how long peace like this could last. She hated not knowing what was going on, but she at least knew that Wanda probably wasn't going to say much more, at least to her.

"Um... Just don't forget what's really important... Okay? Eeeven if we... Take different sides... Sometimes..." She said, a bit awkwardly... Looks like she was having just a tiny bit of trouble trying to say something that probably sounded a ton better in her head.

Wanda's smile broke out from her frown. Cleaning up her area, she nodded toward Ruby.

"Yes, Ruby. I know what you mean."

Wanda paused, reaching into her pocket book, Wanda pulled out a small bag of chocolate chip cookies. As she opened it, she looked at Ruby's face.

"You want a cookie, Ruby?"

Ruby's glum expression quickly changed as soon as she saw the cookies, and even if it was just for the moment, she returned to her usual, childish self.

gSgbwGH.gif

"Oooh! I'd love one!" She said excitedly...

At least this was one thing that was unlikely to change about her; the seemingly endless appetite for chocolate chip cookies.

Wanda smiled at Ruby's reaction. However after passing the cookies over to Ruby , something didn't feel right. Wanda's eyes became heavy as the world seemed to shift...

-- || ZENYATTA PROLOGUE || --
"Harmony And Discord"

5OVXCA6K7QNV1446489926713.jpg

Shambali Monastery, Nepal

The concept of a soul is quite interesting. An essence of individuality that persists within a ever-fluxing, interchangable form. All beings the walk the Earth, no matter they're appearance, will always possess such a soul.

Be they man or machine, flora or fauna, young and old, good or evil.

The format of life, the universe, and existence itself; the soul. Those who walk along the path to more physical studies would say that life is chaos defined. There is no way to determine the path that it walks, as it simply moves along an discordant path that all who persist under its definition must abide by. The concept of evolution, change, adaptation, the essence of form.

Yet, beyond the temporary form, exists the simple, eternal soul.

A soul that has traveled far...and, may soon, travel even farther.

------

The faint rays of the sun gaze down upon the seemingly endless mountain landscape that persists underneath it. Not a single sound could be heard across the mountains, besides the cold mountain winds, whistling as they race across the icy peaks and the frozen rock, whipping through the air and kicking up soft clouds of snow. The sheer frigid temperature takes grip of those who travel this far up the mountainsides, those who eagerly seek to gaze at the lonely mountains, far from the turmoil and noise of a civilized world drenched in tension and discord. Indeed, the only souls willing to walk on the lifeless snow of Nepal are those who, possibly, understand life the most.

Hiding behind the mountains and the snow, nestled in a natural frozen bun disconnected from the world, lies the Shambali Monastery.

Overwatch-Nepal.jpg

A relic of an ancient time, still persisting in a rapidly advancing, futuristic world. These buildings, crafted from old stone and wood, were constructed by an order of the same name; the Shambali. An order of humble, harmonic omnics, born from the ruins left behind by the earth-shattering Omnic Crisis. In the same way how Overwatch, the heroic organization created at the same time, represents the best and brightest the human world has to offer, the Shambali have been perceived as the next best thing for omnic-kind...at least, that is what the order would currently want the world to believe, what with their growing dogmatic teachings.

However, one monk disagreed with this idea.

This monk, as you may have guessed, would be known as Tekhartha Zenyatta.

buprC9NVdhk.jpg

Upon the main deck of the monastery sat a monk, however, he was not the same kind of monk one would expect when traveling to Nepal. A glistening, grey metal frame stares back at the sun, as cold as the mountain peaks, rejecting its warm embrace. Mechanical servos quietly whirr, as the monk slowly moves his hands through the air, bending the magnetic force that keeps the engraved, shining metal orbs to orbit around him like planets drifting in the stars. The omnics blue lights flicker with every movement of his hands, like a radio tower communing with the essence of the universe itself.

The blissful quiet of the monks meditation would come to an end as a wooden door behind him slowly opened...to reveal another omnic monk of similar appearance, but of a more noble shape.

"I would hope you are close to finishing, Zenyatta?" the other monk mused, in a friendly...but, possibly bitter tone.

"That is entirely up to your judgement, brother." Zenyatta responded, his voice flowing with patience and tranquility, not breaking the fluid stride of his meditation.

"I asked why you've suddenly returned here, after all this time...but you refuse to answer."

"Perhaps, you've asked the wrong questions?"

"I ask you this as a brother, not as a student."

Zenyatta would pause his meditation, the flying orbs suddenly halting their movements and hanging in the air. Remaining silent for a few moments, the orbs would shudder before returning to Zenyattas side, clustered around his neck like a large necklace. Rising to his feet from a sitting position, he turned to his brother Mondatta.

"It is simple preparation."

"Preparation? For what?"

"...I do not know." Zenyatta said calmly, looking down for a moment. "But, knowing where the destination may be..lessens the experience gained from the journey." he mused. With eyes that have seen much around the world, there lies a further plane beyond. A plane that expands beyond the gaze of the Iris...one that, perhaps, made be walked upon soon.

"Indeed..." Mondatta replied, staring at his brother for a few moments, before handing him something; a small, brown necklace, made from hand-crafted beads and held together by a simple string. An item of importance for the Shambali, whether they walk with them or not.

The two brothers did not need to exchange a word of 'thanks' or 'your welcome'; the message was already clear. The two brothers paused before giving a mutual bow of respect to one another.

"I must travel to London now, to give a speech."

"The dangers within Kings Row are much, brother....tread safely."

"I say the same to you, and wherever you may be going to next."

The two shared another bow, before Mondatta would turn and walk through the wooden door...

Zenyatta would turn as well, staring back out at the frozen peaks of Nepal.

The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing, that there is always knowledge to be gained from every challenge. Whether one approaches this challenge willfully or not does not change the opportunity to gain experience. In the face of adversity, there is only a chance to focus and learn.

In the face of a game of murder?

The thought would be interrupted, as Zenyatta would slowly begin to falter and lose power, drifting into a deep, stormy dream...

"That is what I am pondering as well... Though I think I may have found an answer of some kind," The samurai explained with a concerned expression as he held up the map that each of them had been given a copy of. Upon it, Bright Falls was featured prominently as the destination of their journey, various locales and sights to see being listed at various spots on the paper. "It seems we may have traveled to another of the various Falls... With the disappearance of my sword once again, I believe we were brought here by the same power that took us the first time."

Or at least, one similar to the tyrant known as Bill who had terrorized Gravity Falls once before. The thought that the triangular demon would be set loose once again seemed unlikely if terrifying, though the idea that another power could be involved... "In any case, it's best you check to ensure that you are aware of anything missing from your belongings... And Zinnia," A small smirk tilted the edges of his mouth as he made note of her sleeping arrangements, "Drool is very unbecoming of a woman such as you."

6odApxT.png

Zinnia scowled and shook her head upon hearing Jack's news. She wasn't so happy to hear about this happening yet again! She folded her arms and pouted for a moment, hoping this wasn't another dangerous life or death situation. "So your sword is gone, huh? Ugh, well I really hope this place isn't dangerous. But it's a good thing I still have my poke-- Oh no." Zinnia cut herself off, staring down at her belt where she kept her dragon pokemon. They were gone.

"They're gone. And it just feels like I got them back too! Man, what a draaaaaag! If this is supposed to be some kind of joke, it isn't funny!" It seemed like they had just got our of Gravity Falls and here they were on their way to another place with a similar name. It was almost like an endless dream they would never escape from.

When Jack pointed to the drool on her face, Zinnia attempted to wipe it away with the back of her hand. She then grinned playfully at the samurai. "Oh please, a little drool won't hurt anything. You should see how much Aster drools when she sleeps, right As--"

u7dpVfD.png

Zinnia cut herself off again, glancing to her side to see that Aster wasn't with her. Her red eyes widened and she stood up, a serious look overtaking her face. "Jack, have you seen Aster? Was she here when you woke up!?" she exclaimed, suddenly worried for her little Whismur companion.

@The Tactician

Last edited:
"Oooh!" Usami brightened up fast, looking to Chikage. "I can tell you about Bright Falls!"

YT4FRHZ.png

"Bright Falls is a quaint little town where only the nicest people live! Everybody knows everybody, and nothing bad ever happens there! There's a lumber mill, a casino, a prestigious school, a police station, a book store, a National Park, a--"

"I think we got it," Diana said, leaning against one of the seats.

"Oh!! Right! Usami is just happy you're interested! Everyone in Bright Falls is so nice... but, you won't be able to meet any of them! You see, we got the camp all to yourself, so we can spend our time in relaxation and comfort! It'll be authentic living! Oh, and..." Usami paused, rubbing her hands together. She looked around, seemingly taking a moment form her words. "... These are all your new classmates, even if you don't know it yet! We're from out of town, but the solidarity we share as a student body will guide us in this unfamiliar place. That's the most important thing!"

@Crow @Verite @Kaykay
Chikage gave Usami a blank look. Well, that answered questions. Just not the one she'd asked. Or implied, really. Though given how the fat one's interactions with her had gone, maybe that was to be expected. At least it didn't seem like she'd be in the dark about this for too long, given how much she spoke.

"...Thanks? No, wait, actually, how did I get in this bus anyway?"

That was probably the most important question that she should've asked earlier, actually, though who knew if the rabbit would actually give her answers.

Unfortunately, she'd only get "willpower" as the answer to that question. That really didn't explain anything despite being "simple." The rabbit was right about one thing though, bonds would make this, whatever it was, easier on all of them. One of the more important things she'd learned recently. Perhaps now was the time to put it into practice.
catbug_da_by_ange_of_the_top_hat-d60jncy.gif

"Well, DUH! I'm a Catbug silly, of course I talk! I help save the world so I have to be able to speak the languages!" This was of course a great exaggeration on Catbug's part as while he was a member of a team of superheroes, he was there as the pet. Not actually as an elite member of the crew. But he didn't want to tell this new friend that! It would have been super boring! Squirming cutely in Chikage's grasp, he looked towards Sir Jeffers.

"How come you didn't get a fancy nametag, Sir Jeffers? Whoever gave me this one must really like me! They think I'm the Ultimate Cutie!" Shaking the stick around, Catbug adopted a pretty poor attempt at a British accent.

"I have no idea, Catbug! But my title would have been Ultimate Groom because I still have that mysterious wedding to get to! The one that's so mysterious I don't even know where it's being held!"

"Oh, oh! What if we're going to have the wedding once we reach our destination! Then we'll have solved the mystery of the mysterious wedding!" Catbug shook the stick once more and put on the voice. "Good thinking, Catbug! You're so smart! You deserve lots and lots of candy! So much candy you'd practically taste like it!"

Kicking his feet back and forth, Catbug giggled as Sir Jeffers complimented him. It was always nice to hear stuff like that from an old and trusted companion. Who was totally not a stick Catbug found in the yard and glued googly eyes onto! Looking towards Chikage, Catbug smiled.

"What's your name, friend? :3"

@Kaykay @Verite @Atomyk @Crow @Gummi Bunnies

It seemed all the animals in here, despite being able to talk, had some serious mental deficiencies. Like a baby, Catbug spoke to some stick it was holding onto as if it were a person, going so far as to speak for it. Compared to the rabbit that just said what it wanted, this might have actually been even worse and harder to deal with. At least the rabbit had information, this had...

"Candy?"

Chikage's eyes widened at the word. Scratch that, perhaps this creature could be good for one thing.
6FyAgNf.jpg

Morikubo Nono

"I'm still in Middle School though... why Ultimate and not Champion*?"
Ultimate Wallflower? That seemed like something rather unfortunate to be the Ultimate at, much like "Ultimate Cutie" that the Catbug thing had. It didn't really denote any skills or even any good personality traits. Well, whatever, they were just titles. Awarding a disciple "Ultimate Jujutsuka" just showed how casually they threw these things around, so it wasn't like there was any specific meaning to it.

"Names aside, these things don't seem very useful."

Chikage gave a shrug to Nono's questions about the name tags. It was good to know people's names and presumably what they were good at, but she didn't know how much stock she should be putting in them. People were rarely so one dimensional, after all.
7zj36mj.jpg

A sigh came from Chikage as Nono freaked out once again.

"Are you really in middle school? She's probably just cosplaying, or something."

@Crow @Verite @Chewy Rabbits @Atomyk @Jeremi

Truth be told, Isaac Gates contemplated on how he would exactly go about this situation. Yeah, the sociopath nihilist that has no sense of morality or empathy actually is shockingly rational at times, and by shockingly rational, holds the slight bit of precaution. Unlike the other maniacs in that squad he remembered himself touting around with, Felix saw himself more levelheaded, not wanting to proclaim his desire to bash someone's skull in like a tasty peanut. Still though, not recalling what he was doing here made the mercenary very, very, very pissed off. If he wasn't going to gain something out of this like, say, money, why the hell was he in this rodeo show of misfits and weirdos?

"Hey!" he barked viciously, beginning to stomp forward, using the seats to steady himself, the power-armored trooper growing closer and closer to the driver seat. "Bear bitch! Yeah, I am talking to you! You better fling me back across whatever plot rift you pulled out of your ass, I'm not doing any of whatever this is without a pay! At least those Coalition dimwits made sure I got something out of it all once it was all set and done, do not think for a moment I am your boytoy, you got that? And what hell is with this shitty tag? You get this out of a flea market you dollar-store reject?!"

Reading the tag briefly, the bewildered mercenary paused, looking ahead of him, finding it extremely difficult to actually navigate through the bus. His armor felt a lot heavier than usual, and he wondered if some similar effect was resonating through the other misfits on this bus. Looking ahead of him, he saw a mope of hair that looked eerily familar...and through the confines of his helmet, he heard an even more familiar voice, carrying with it a certain accent that he heard scream time, and time, and time again.

"You..."

With newfound strength, the greedy nihilist began to rapidly reach forward, shoving, pushing, and generally trying to get to the front end of the bus. Old habits die hard.

@C.T. @Atomyk @Jeremi @ERRYBODY @REDALERT

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: C.T.

Suddenly, on the bus, a metal clattering could be heard, as if something was shuddering, before--

"Hello, world." spoke a mechanical voice from the back of the bus.

Diana only glowered at practically being ignored. She didn't move, even if she was being ignored.

"Hey..." Usami rubbed at her rabbit chin, giving Kyoko a curious look. "You're thinking real hard, aren't you? That's wonderful! I want all of my students to think real hard and build on their knowledge! You see, you got here by the grace of... your wills! Your strong wills! You came together to form this student body in order to forge close bonds that would protect you against any hardship you may face. It may sound confusing, but it's actually really simple. You don't have to worry, Kyoko, I'm here because of you... I mean, I'm here because I'm here for all of you. To be your chaperone!"

IjJ9kgt.png

She smiled at Kyoko, but a comment from Poison caught Usami off-guard.

rNE4YwI.png

"Your... puppies...?"

"My..." Poison pointed down to her chest. "Puppies."

@Atomyk

Strangers were scary.​

D8YHiA9.webp

"I..."

Nono cowered in fear of the beast as it approached.​

7zj36mj.jpg

uH0JMCG.png

With her back turned to Nono, continuing to examine the place in the short time it took for Usami to formulate a reply to her inquiries, the girl would finally take notice of her tag.

Kyoko Kirigiri
Ultimate ???

Well.

At least she got to keep that air of mystery to her like the first time.

Deliberately looking away from the creature that called itself Catbug, as its mere existence unnerved her a bit, admittedly, Kyoko winced a bit when Nono's grip would tighten on her, and when she would flip out upon seeing an Oni there. While she was sure that that was indeed a real Oni, things weren't as scary as they used to be now, in light of the things she had seen in the past.

That said, she seemed to be the superstitious, fearful type, so it was probably for the best to calm her down.

ha2N0BJ.png

"... Look, just calm down already. It's like the other girl said, it's probably just a cosplayer. Besides, there's... no beans on this bus."

That last sentence felt awkward to say for some odd reason.

@Crow @Kaykay @Jeremi

IjJ9kgt.png

5pdOBjl.png

"..."

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

With the power of ice queen, she simply gave Usami a deadpan look with the intent of sending chills up the rabbit's spine, a little annoyed by the lack of any useful info, though she probably ought to keep a cooler head in times like these. She had become a little rusty ever since being out of commission for God knows how long, so she needed her A-game and a good poker face.

@Atomyk

6odApxT.png

Zinnia scowled and shook her head upon hearing Jack's news. She wasn't so happy to hear about this happening yet again! She folded her arms and pouted for a moment, hoping this wasn't another dangerous life or death situation. "So your sword is gone, huh? Ugh, well I really hope this place isn't dangerous. But it's a good thing I still have my poke-- Oh no." Zinnia cut herself off, staring down at her belt where she kept her dragon pokemon. They were gone.

"They're gone. And it just feels like I got them back too! Man, what a draaaaaag! If this is supposed to be some kind of joke, it isn't funny!" It seemed like they had just got our of Gravity Falls and here they were on their way to another place with a similar name. It was almost like an endless dream they would never escape from.

When Jack pointed to the drool on her face, Zinnia attempted to wipe it away with the back of her hand. She then grinned playfully at the samurai. "Oh please, a little drool won't hurt anything. You should see how much Aster drools when she sleeps, right As--"

u7dpVfD.png

Zinnia cut herself off again, glancing to her side to see that Aster wasn't with her. Her red eyes widened and she stood up, a serious look overtaking her face. "Jack, have you seen Aster? Was she here when you woke up!?" she exclaimed, suddenly worried for her little Espur companion.

@The Tactician
"It is no joke, for there is no punchline," Jack replied while also silently echoing her sentiments. It felt as though the previous ordeal they had been a part of had only just ended, with their falling asleep during the ride feeling as though it led into their arrival upon a new bus with a strange rabbit-like driver. What had caused them to be pulled into another one of these events?

However, his eyes narrowed and he pushed aside that question for now as he realized that he hadn't seen Aster either. It seemed that this time, all of Zinnia's Pokemon including her 'daughter' were gone though hopefully, Aster was simply hiding away. With a sympathetic frown, he shook his head, "No... Perhaps she is wandering about the bus? I will ask the bus driver if it has noticed Aster wandering. Perhaps you ought to search between the seats?" That would certainly get her up and moving, burning off some of the energy that she doubtlessly now held from their nap.

With that said, Jack began to work his way to the front, behind the armored man who seemed intent on filling the air with much foul language, "Excuse me, little rabbit, but have you seen a little one wandering about? Purple fur with floppy ears like your own."

@Krieg @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Hehe...don't worry child." The girl with the horns responded. "You don't really have enough meat on your bones to fill even a fraction of my stomach." Curious about the nametag talk up front she'd look down on her own tag attached to her kimono and noticed her name Shuten-Douji written on it and the title Ultimate Drunk. "Well that is something I can not refute." She replied with a slight chuckle.

@Crow

Nono was still jittery. She read the nametag.

Shuten-doji? The Shuten-doji? A lady? And alive?

It has to be a namesake. Yup.

6FyAgNf.jpg

"So you were named after one of the three great evil yokai? Morikubo... finds their stories interesting yet scary... especially Tamamo-no-Mae's tale of trickery... Shuten-doji's story... Morikubo liked it as well... his demise felt a little rushed though, but I guess that's the dawn of Japanese literature for you..."​

A sigh came from Chikage as Nono freaked out once again.

"Are you really in middle school? She's probably just cosplaying, or something."
ha2N0BJ.png

"... Look, just calm down already. It's like the other girl said, it's probably just a cosplayer. Besides, there's... no beans on this bus."

That last sentence felt awkward to say for some odd reason.

D8YHiA9.webp

"Morikubo... didn't think about that possibility. S- sorry! The horns are just so... realistic. Sh- she's really into cosplay to reach such a level..."

uH0JMCG.png

With her back turned to Nono, continuing to examine the place in the short time it took for Usami to formulate a reply to her inquiries, the girl would finally take notice of her tag.

Kyoko Kirigiri
Ultimate ???

That was puzzling. But puzzles were made to be solved.

@Verite @Kaykay @Jeremi

Truth be told, Isaac Gates contemplated on how he would exactly go about this situation. Yeah, the sociopath nihilist that has no sense of morality or empathy actually is shockingly rational at times, and by shockingly rational, holds the slight bit of precaution. Unlike the other maniacs in that squad he remembered himself touting around with, Felix saw himself more levelheaded, not wanting to proclaim his desire to bash someone's skull in like a tasty peanut. Still though, not recalling what he was doing here made the mercenary very, very, very pissed off. If he wasn't going to gain something out of this like, say, money, why the hell was he in this rodeo show of misfits and weirdos?

"Hey!" he barked viciously, beginning to stomp forward, using the seats to steady himself, the power-armored trooper growing closer and closer to the driver seat. "Bear bitch! Yeah, I am talking to you! You better fling me back across whatever plot rift you pulled out of your ass, I'm not doing any of whatever this is without a pay! At least those Coalition dimwits made sure I got something out of it all once it was all set and done, do not think for a moment I am your boytoy, you got that? And what hell is with this shitty tag? You get this out of a flea market you dollar-store reject?!"

Reading the tag briefly, the bewildered mercenary paused, looking ahead of him, finding it extremely difficult to actually navigate through the bus. His armor felt a lot heavier than usual, and he wondered if some similar effect was resonating through the other misfits on this bus. Looking ahead of him, he saw a mope of hair that looked eerily familar...and through the confines of his helmet, he heard an even more familiar voice, carrying with it a certain accent that he heard scream time, and time, and time again.

"You..."

With newfound strength, the greedy nihilist began to rapidly reach forward, shoving, pushing, and generally trying to get to the front end of the bus. Old habits die hard.

@C.T. @Atomyk @Jeremi @ERRYBODY @REDALERT

Suddenly, on the bus, a metal clattering could be heard, as if something was shuddering, before--

"Hello, world." spoke a mechanical voice from the back of the bus.

The cyborg's head snapped up just as he was about to give his teacher a relieved greeting. "Stay here, master." Though he felt considerably slower and weaker, Genji still had his training. He made his way to the front with relative ease, his lithe frame glowing green as he vaulted seats to pass Felix up, likely to the distress of their occupants. The next step was planting himself firmly in front of the large, armored man. He placed a hand on the man's shoulder. "Slow down, nakama. You seem angry. Do not do anything hasty." Genji, himself, would not be surprised if the man took a swing, but he wanted to keep things away from unnecessary violence if he could.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@C.T.
@Krieg

Status
Not open for further replies.