Status
Not open for further replies.
When Jack turned around to hold Zinnia in his arms, she gratefully curled up to his chest with a smile on her lips. Standing so close to him, the young woman could hear his heart beating and she was more than happy about that. If something had happened to him during this second Murder Game they had been involved in, Zinnia was certain the weight of her devastation would've been much too difficult to bear. "Good thing too! Because I-I, uh, ...I know Aster would've been really upset! I'm not sure how I would've told her if something had happened to you!"

Zinnia pulled back a bit, clasping his hands gently. Wait a second, was she being a chicken again? She wasn't used to telling people how she felt about them aside from Aster, yet she had just given Jude advice about not letting someone dear to you slip through his fingers? She needed to practice what she preached and Zinnia knew it. Zinnia sighed. "...and you know I would've been more than upset. Because I love you so much." She kissed the top of his hands, keeping them cupped in her own.

"But, hey, it turned out okay for me too. It takes a little more than a pile of rubble to keep a dragon tamer down! Hahaha!" Zinnia bellowed. "Buuuut now that you mention it, I might have a few little spots that ache. I think you should kiss me and make it aaaaall better," she said, playfully rocking back on the heels of her feet while fluttering her eyelashes at him.

@The Tactician
"Hmmm... It seems a strange cure, but for you, I will do it," His eyes held a soft expression as he chuckled at her playful proposal. Leaning down slightly to reach her lips, he held the kiss for a few moments to enjoy the simple pleasure of it before pulling back. "And I love you just as much... And would have missed you just as you would have missed me..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"You are a great person as well, Nono-chan. I will miss you greatly." He crouched and gave Morikubo a light hug. "You too, Honda-san. You are a great man. I am honored to have met you."

@Verite @Crow @Yun Lee @Atomyk @Josh M

With everything wrapped up, Chikage had to reject the offer to "fight the darkness." Even if her master was unable to be reached, she was still a member of Yomi, a follower of the satsujinken way. She thrived in the darkness, creating her own light as a martial artist who acted according to herself, and what she believed in. She would follow no one else but her master.

So after these final farewells, she would return to her search for her master.

As Nono said what she had to say, Chikage gave her a quick, gentle pat on the head.

"You're kind of a chicken. But you're a brave chicken. A brave chicken I'll miss."

Hm. That didn't come off as particularly flattering. Then again, perhaps that was par for the course for her. Still, for all the ridiculous, awful things that had happened, there had been times when she was truly enjoying herself. And for those times, she'd miss the others.

@Crow

HkwgBHm.webp

"Th- thank you, everyone. Morikubo will carry your blessings to every LIVE in the present and every book in the future," Nono smiles as she hugs Genji back. "Well everyone, it looks like a shining, sparkling new day awaits, now that the dark one has gone. So... uh... are we waiting for a bus or something?"

@Kaykay @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Verite

"Hmmm... It seems a strange cure, but for you, I will do it," His eyes held a soft expression as he chuckled at her playful proposal. Leaning down slightly to reach her lips, he held the kiss for a few moments to enjoy the simple pleasure of it before pulling back. "And I love you just as much... And would have missed you just as you would have missed me..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Zinnia didn't really expect Jack to oblige, but was more than grateful when he did. She wrapped her fingers around his collar and kissed him back, nuzzling his cheek gently before he pulled away. She wasn't really sure how to respond to his words. Zinnia couldn't recall a single time in her life that she had actually felt loved by someone without the other person wanting something from her. It was a difficult feeling to describe, and caused her to care for him even a bit more without even trying.

"You're something else," she mumbled, glancing down at their connected hands. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. "But you know what? One kiss wasn't enough of a cure! I think I need a little something extra." Zinnia wiggled her eyebrows. "I'm talking, a vacation when we get back! Or a weekend trip at the very least." The draconid groaned in the back of her throat. "I want at least a few days where we're not in a life or death situation. If I don't get a break, I swear I'll lose all my hair before I hit thirty! How about it?" she asked, an eager twinkle in her red eyes.

@The Tactician

Alright. That was it. This was fucking it. Not only had her opportunity to fix things up with that weird girl with the stupid hair been missed, but now there was all this bullshit going down? Oh hell to the fucking no. Sure, Jason was attacking all these other people around, but that wasn't what made her even more pissed. After all, these people weren't her friends. They were just more stupid humans that anybody could live without! No, Tarlotte had just been through a hell of a lot of stress throughout this whole 'game'. Not only that, but the one little son of a bitch that she had wanted to destroy the most had up and fucking vanished. The bear was gone. That annoying rabbit was dead. The asshole murderers had gotten tastes of their own medicine. And Tarlotte hadn't gotten to give a single damn one of them hell.

Looked like the little zombitch over here was going to let her change that.

No hesitation, no pause, nothing of the like came. Rather, without a single thought or even consideration of showing restraint, Tarlotte was launching herself at the injured Jason with speed as though she'd just been shot out of a canon. "MEW'RE DEAD! DEAD, DEAD, DEAD, MEOW! THAT STUPID BEAR GOT AWAY AND YOU'RE GONNA PAY, MEOW!!!!" she exclaimed before launching a practiced barrage of kicks, staring with one aimed like an uppercut.

ezgif_com_gif_maker__3__by_teh_zombish-dabyvfc.gif

"I'M GONNA TEAR YOU TO SHREDS, RIP YOU TO BITS, CUT YOU TO PIECES! MEOW! MEOW! MEOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!"

@Chewy Rabbits @grumpycat
Continued from here.

Epilogue
"Departure"

The staff plunged deep into the head of Jason, shoving him up against the tree he had been using to hold himself up. The follow-up attacks to his head did further damage, making him look even more ghastly than before. The final nail in the coffin was Tarlotte's assault. With Jason weak from the fighting, the catgirl was able to knock him to the ground, where he fell back on top of a stray branch sticking out of the ground. The branch punctured right through Jason, pinning him in place.

He was too weak to break free now.

Billy's chanting could be heard from above, the woman who was not quite so "Korra" seemingly on her last legs. Wanda and Zaheer were working in tandem, their powers slamming the woman into the dirt. With Jason out of the way, it was only her left to deal with.

"I want to trap her, never let her out..."

The dirt around the woman began to recede, dropping her further into the ground below. Trees, grass, and dirt began to pile up on top of her, burying her deeply under the surface. "It's time to move!" Milla yelled now that the coast was clear.

Zaheer watched as Korra sank into the ground. Staring for a while, the man turned his head, and walked away.

"Billy, are you okay?" Wanda asked, concerned.

Billy floated down to the ground, wobbling slightly on his feet upon landing. "Yes, I'm all right. Thanks, but we gotta get going."

"M-Milla..." Jude muttered, still half-asleep. "Remember when... it was the other way around? Carrying you like this... through the rain..."

"I know, Jude. Rest now." Milla broke out into the smallest of smiles as she ran.

Though the distance to the lighthouse was not significantly long, the winds were mighty. There was little the powered among the group could do to shield the entire group. In the chaos of the mad dash, debris claimed the life of a second man, Stan, who only had time to speak his daughter's name before it was taken by the wind.

FKufwzp.png

The lighthouse stood as a beacon amidst the wind and rain, cutting through the darkness and shining boldly for all to see. Wanda was first to reach the sanctuary, stopping just outside the shining front door to turn around and direct her magic toward the storm coming up behind them. Her son soon joined her, the pair doing what they could to push back the danger.

As the group rushed into the warm waiting light, one was not so fortunate to reach salvation. Horne ended up caught in the tornado's winds, his body flying backward from the lighthouse. He reached out for help, but was sucked into the great mass of wind before Billy or Wanda could do anything about it. With no more remaining, the pair followed the group into the lighthouse, where only light and warmth could be sensed...

iAzB5kJ.jpg

The group found themselves in some place entirely new, though not entirely unlike the place they just left. Zinnia and Jack in particular would be able to recall the smell of these particular woods, the sight of the sun shining through the trees, the sound of water trickling through a ravine.

Victoria let out a massive gasp and collapsed on to the grass. "Someone tell me I'm alive," she groaned.

"You are alive."

The diver stood close by, no longer floating like some strange suited angel. His diving mask no longer glowed, but it was still impossible to see his face behind the glass. "We have left the Dark Place and can no longer be touched by the Presence that lurks within. That is, if we do not choose to linger in this area. I am only able to appear here due to the weakened barrier between this world and that realm of alien darkness." The diver held up his arms, gesturing to the forest around them and looking as if he was about to start a prayer. "This is a mysterious place, where the line between mundane and fantastic is thin."

"Oh!"

A girl spoke, having come up upon the group without realizing they were there. She seemed surprised at first, but her expression broke out into a happy smile upon seeing who was there.

COOQ2Yu.jpg

"You guys took so long, I... I mean, you're alive! This is amazing!" The girl quickly ran over to Byakuya and Milla, who were setting Diana and Jake on the ground. "Jake... Deanna..."

"It's... Jude." The young doctor let out a tired groan, rubbing at his eyes. He tried to stand, but found himself collapsing back down to the ground again. The girl standing over moved to hold him up. "Bailey?"

The girl let an amused snort. "Just call me Holly J. I guess... your memory is back?"

"Yeah..." Jude looked up at Milla. "All of it, I think. My life as Jude... My life as Jake..."

"You were a unique case," the Diver said. "Having lost your life in the Dark Place, your soul was lost to darkness. You were not the only one. As you've come to learn, you were not initially a real being, only a creation of memories. However, with help from your friend, I have converged your two selves. The one who stands before us is the real you, both in one. It was... a good thing."

Coming in from the direction that Holly J. had arrived from was a boy. He stared at the group impassively, his arms crossed as he took a stoic stance.

KV15k6X.jpg

"..."

He only gave the slightest of nods.

"But this isn't over!" Jude exclaimed. He looked to the Diver, his eyes pleading. "We're not all here... other died."

"Such is the nature of the Dark Place," said the Diver, sounding rather emotionless about it. "Not all who become trapped their can leave. I have done all I can for all of you. I will continue to do more. My place is in there... as an eternal light facing the darkness."

"So what... that's it?" Nigel asked, looking confusedly at the group. "At least last time I kind of figured what the fuck was going on..."

"That is all. Everything that could be done... has been done. I may one day be able to return your friends to you, but for now, that day is not today."

Shuten-Douji meanwhile seemed to have taken everything in stride. "The ethereal plane has been escaped and we find ourselves on solid ground once again. The question that lingers on my lips right now is... what next?"

fbiZIdu.png

"That is a good question..." Byakuya muttered. "I did not anticipate for when we actually escaped."

lUKVHs1.png

"Don't lose hope just yet. We may be out of the frying pan and into the fire, but as long as we can get out, we will. There's always a way," Kyoko spoke up with determination, taking a small breath after it was all finally over.

With that, she would shift her attention over to Wanda, beginning to speak once again.
tumblr_mqgjhuDQrW1st2nhoo9_500.png

"I think it's about time everyone learned the truth, Wanda. I'd never been a fan of keeping secrets anyway, and with the bind that Enoshima put me in now lifted, I can say so now," she spoke, indicating that Wanda seemed to be in on the secret from the beginning as well.

The real secret.

xwVgEau.png

"Listen, everyone..."

"As you might have heard her say so earlier, Junko Enoshima had blackmailed me from the very beginning. In believing that you would all panic in the face of death and despair without someone who knew what to do, like a chicken running around without its head, Junko eliminated the one factor that might have interfered with the process. You might have noticed that my ultimate title was called the "Ultimate ???" as if to cover something up, and sure enough, my title is the Ultimate Detective. Thus, my expertise in actively helping you solve who killed the other students would have made things easy for you, and predictably boring for Junko as she watched through the eyes of Monokuma," she revealed, brushing aside some stray hair, before going on, "And in exchange for her not murdering you all in an instant to become vessels for the darkness like she threatened, I was to stay quiet during those investigations."

"But... Even so, that's not the only thing I was keeping from you."

" You see... I'm not only the Ultimate Detective. You can also refer to me as the Ultimate Coalition Leader," Kyoko revealed, crossing her arms as she'd continue to speak, "I was once the leader of an organization that spanned across different worlds, this Coalition, and our main goal was to prevent situations exactly like what you all had just gone through, broadly called a Murder Game, and saving lives across the multiverse, though... Circumstances had caused me to put me in a position where I was separated from the group for a long time, as Togami here can attest."

Byakuya only gave a curt nod, which was enough for him.

"Oh... I've heard of the Coalition," Jude said, finally managing to stand to his feet.

"As have I," added Milla.

"Friends of mine... they're members as well. Maybe I should have joined too if it would have avoided all this."

6qhyCMq.png

"... Now, if we can get a hold of the Coalition, they'd be more than willing and capable of bringing you home, if that's what you'd rather want instead of joining us and helping the effort to stop people from ending up in these horrible tragedies as well," she stated, eyes wandering over to Wanda and Billy.

"Either way, you two wouldn't happen to be able to help us with this predicament, would you?"

Wanda smiled at Kyoko, moving to place a hand on her son's shoulder.

"I'm on it. I just need a quiet spot."

Wanda left, moving to under a nearby tree. Billy joined her. The boy whispered under his breath and energy floated out from his body. Energy coming off Wanda converged with his, creating a dazzling light display. It was clear that some kind of spell was being made. After some time, the energy dissipated and the pair stood up.

"They're on their way," Wanda said.

"So..." Holder looked awkward as he warily glanced around at the group's apparent saviors. "What about me? What about what happened in there? Are we supposed to just..."

"Well, we don't really know if anything of that... actually happened."

"It did and it did not. But in the end... you will fade from this place. Your memories may merge with your true self, wherever he may be, or they may disappear forever. I'm sorry that I don't have more to offer."

tsmHzXj.png

"That's, uh... That's some heavy stuff, yo." Shaking his head, Holder moved to stand off to the side. He faced a tree and brought a hand to his face. "I'll... just need a moment."

"As for the rest of you... before you go, I have an offer for you." The Diver held out a hand, and a white circle of energy formed around his feet. "If you wish to fight the darkness alongside myself... you may. Step into the light. I will not say it will be easy. I will not say you won't fail. Do not make the decision lightly."

Byakuya scoffed. "I think I've had enough of that."

"I have a life to get back to," said Holly J. The silent boy behind her nodded his head in agreement with her.

"Very well. Anyone else?"

As this was going on, Diana shakily stood to her feet. She moved over to Stiles and Victoria, her eyes looking off into the distance. "I need to talk to you two..."

... But there was one last survivor in their midst.

"Hey! Wait for Old Man McGucket!"

McGucket ran into the clearing, arms raised. After a moment or so, he stopped and laughed.

AOCF5jG.png

"Hey, wait! Hot diggety! I'm already home!" McGucket smiled broadly and wandered back into the woods...

CAST LIST
@C.T. as Arya Stark "Ultimate Killer" [Game of Thrones]
@Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada "Ultimate Jujutsuka" [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi]
@Chewy Rabbits as Catbug "Ultimate Cutie" [Bravest Warriors]
@Minerva as Corrin "Ultimate Protector" [Fire Emblem]
@DapperDogman as Darv "Ultimate Saltborn" [Salt & Sanctuary]
@Yun Lee as Edmond Honda "Ultimate Sumo Wrestler" [Street Fighter]
@BarrenThin as Genji Shimada "Ultimate Forgiveness" [Overwatch]
@The Tactician as Jack "Ultimate Samurai" [Samurai Jack]
@york as Jack Frost "Ultimate Funhouse" [Rise of the Guardians]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri "Ultimate Detective" [Danganronpa]
@Gummi Bunnies as "Lapis Lazuli" "Ultimate Crystal" [Original Character]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as M. "Stiles" Stilinski "Ultimate Sarcasm" [Teen Wolf]
@Crow as Morikubo Nono "Ultimate Wallflower" [THE iDOLM@STER]
@Jeremi as Poison "Ultimate Manager" [Street Fighter]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse "Ultimate Rat Mouse" [Original Character]
@Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden "Ultimate Breaching Charge" [Rainbow Six: Siege]
@Hospes as Tarlotte "Ultimate Tantrum" [Kyoshiro to Town no Sora]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta "Ultimate Teacher" [Overwatch]
@Periodically Incorrect as Terezi Pyrope "Ultimate Justice" [Homestuck]
@DBZ7 as Tharja "Ultimate Hextress" [Fire Emblem]
@Nater Taters as Tomoko Kuroki "Ultimate Loser" [WataMote]
@Atomyk as Victoria Maribeth Chase "Ultimate Bitch" [Life is Strange]
@Takumi as Yurick "Ultimate Arcanist" [The Last Story]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Zinnia "Ultimate Lorekeeper" [Pokemon]​
7zj36mj.webp

"KIRIGIRI-SAN! WAIT!" Nono rushes up to Kyoko and hugs her from the back before she could prepare to head home. Nono's eyes began to shed tears as her face dug into Kyoko's back.

egu6vNM.webp

"Morikubo... can't join the Coalition. She isn't really a military person, and she's a little too young, and she prefers comfort in her own world... so seeing you every single day... is impossible... impossible... but... as long as I have hope you have given us, I want to believe that we will cross paths again... meet again...

... before we part, I want to say... thank you, Kirigiri Kyoko. Thank you for having faith in me, thank you for being my friend... Morikubo... loves you... please do not forget any of us... Morikubo will keep the picture... so be sure to do the same..."

@Verite @Atomyk @Josh M @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT

m83Xs3b.webp

"G- good to see you back too, I guess... everyone's returning to life, it seems," Nono wipes her tears.

@Atomyk

D8YHiA9.webp

"Morikubo won't forget you too..." Nono says, "Daddy, Producer, my friends... they musy be worried sick, it's best to head home soon... I guess I have to say what I have to say too...

Shimada-san, Honda-san... you're great people. Kushinada-san... you're kind of brave... unlike Morikubo... Jack Frost, you... have courage... Doctor Jude, Morikubo will be sure to buy your games as a way of saying thank you. I... I'll miss everyone..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @york @Atomyk

Upon landing her rather successful hits on the rather annoying zombie dude, Tarlotte found herself mildly content. At least, closer to the definition than she had been at all since coming here. It was about damn time she got to kick someone's ass, and while she may not have approved of the deaths of the others? This was different. This... 'Jason'... He was mindless. Crazed. And, more than that, a threat to her... Her...- Dammit, what was the word?! Ugh, whatever! The point was, she was glad to be rid of the problem. But before she could begin to boast, or even think about it, that familiar, horribly annoying voice could be heard yet again.

And there went any even minuscule remainders of contentedness.

puffed_out_by_teh_zombish-daf47he.jpg

With great annoyance, the young-looking Absolute Angel clenched her fists, ignoring the storm for the moment in favor of snapping at the other female. "I didn't say we were dead, meow, stupid weird girl! S--" Wait, just what was that dumb human doing? She was just about to confront her, but was promptly interrupted by something unexpected: her tail being yanked harshly, causing her to hiss in pain and discomfort and yank away from Zinnia, whirling to face her with pure rage in her eyes.

de8f3476712644e21152b4eb75576085.gif

"What the hell, meow!? You're gonna pay for that, meow! Pay, pay, pa--"

-cue zinnia getting dragged away, followed by tarlotte also being dragged along by plot-

Well. It looked like they were finally out of there. Tarlotte hardly paid the weird diver dude, or a majority of what was said that didn't involve them being out of there, any attention. She was still absolutely seething, itching to tear that stupid girl to shreds! But there was something that was more important to her on her mind: she was free. All of them were. And that, by default, meant she could find Sojiro again. The thought was actually enough to make her cry with happiness, though she seemed more distraught than anything. She didn't want anything more than to get back to him...

But for some odd reason, the thought of leaving a select few she'd met here was less than appealing.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Whoever​
Jack Frost
@Hospes @Crow @Others I guess

In Jason's defeated state, Jack Frost quickly wrenched his staff from the creature's skull and ran, making sure that any stragglers would make their way to the lighthouse too, but even so... He wasn't fast enough to save Horne, not without his powers. Upon reaching the lighthouse, he closed his eyes, bathing in the warmth of salvation... It seemed like their journey was finally over, and they were... In relative safety, out of the darkness.

He carefully listened to what was said, both by the diver, and their group members... It seemed that Junko was the reason Kyoko was unable to participate in their trials, and... Apparantly she was a stray leader of something called the "Coalition", even offering them to join it... Though she wasn't the only one with an offer to join them in their efforts to fight against the darkness... And maybe even other threats. The Diver offered them a place to fight the darkness that they had long been trapped in, but it wasn't certain if they would come out alright in the end.

Both positions each person offered seemed tempting, but all the same... Jack Frost knew he couldn't accept either; he already had a place back at home... He was a Guardian, and he had taken an oath not too long ago, to guard their hopes and dreams, and the joy in their lives... To keep the darkness at bay, by keeping the light in people's souls burning as brightly as they could be, this way... Even as long as one child believed, there would always be a chance to fight against the darkness... Against Pitch. It was his duty, after all, but it didn't mean that he wouldn't mind fighting for the Diver's, nor Kyoko's cause, he just knew he wouldn't be able to join either of their groups due to his own promises.

All the same, he wasn't quite ready to leave... Not yet... His eyes scanned the crowd of people that had survived the darkness, and he smiled, noticing Genji and Wanda, as well as the Samurai and Zinnia, in each other's company... In a sense, though it seemed like the latter was using this as an opportunity to take things further. In either case, he decided to leave them to it... Instead, he turned his attention to Nono, it seemed that she too, was not about to forget what had happened to them in that... Murder Game, is that what it was called? A strange name, but all the same, the event would have a lasting effect on him too.

"You aren't so bad yourself there... It takes some courage to... See things to the end." He said, giving her a small, encouraging smile.

Then, he decided to move on, scanning the crowds until he spotted one other familiar face... Tarlotte, though the strange cat-girl seemed to have little interest in the events that had transpired, he had to wonder if she too was glad this was all done and over with.

He cleared his throat quietly, before deciding to attempt to approach Tarlotte once more, though, unlike the previous times... He was smiling.

"Sooo... How do you feel?" He asked, pausing for a moment, as if he was in thought.

"Now that we're free... You can see Sojiro again..." He said, a little quieter, finishing his sentence just then.

Though he wasn't sure how well the cat-girl would handle this, he decided he would attempt to pet her one last time... Since he wasn't sure when they might see each other again, he figured parting on a good note was the best way to go.

Zinnia didn't really expect Jack to oblige, but was more than grateful when he did. She wrapped her fingers around his collar and kissed him back, nuzzling his cheek gently before he pulled away. She wasn't really sure how to respond to his words. Zinnia couldn't recall a single time in her life that she had actually felt loved by someone without the other person wanting something from her. It was a difficult feeling to describe, and caused her to care for him even a bit more without even trying.

"You're something else," she mumbled, glancing down at their connected hands. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. "But you know what? One kiss wasn't enough of a cure! I think I need a little something extra." Zinnia wiggled her eyebrows. "I'm talking, a vacation when we get back! Or a weekend trip at the very least." The draconid groaned in the back of her throat. "I want at least a few days where we're not in a life or death situation. If I don't get a break, I swear I'll lose all my hair before I hit thirty! How about it?" she asked, an eager twinkle in her red eyes.

@The Tactician
The samurai cocked a brow as his companion emphasized the word extra with the suggestive wiggle. For a moment, he wondered what she had in mind as he doubted they would have much more time to spend together here. However, once she explained what she actually desired, his worried were placated and he couldn't help but chuckle at the demand. "Well... I am certain we can find a place to rest for such a time, one where the residents would be willing to leave us alone if I have met them before..."

The samurai cocked a brow as his companion emphasized the word extra with the suggestive wiggle. For a moment, he wondered what she had in mind as he doubted they would have much more time to spend together here. However, once she explained what she actually desired, his worried were placated and he couldn't help but chuckle at the demand. "Well... I am certain we can find a place to rest for such a time, one where the residents would be willing to leave us alone if I have met them before..."
Zinnia released one of Jack's hands so she could excitedly pump a fist. "That's great! You're the best, Jackie!" The draconid hug-tackled him afterwards to show how grateful he was. She didn't really expect him to agree, but was happy that he did. Still, a small frown covered her lips.

"It's too bad... I can't show you my world. It'd be fun to show you where I grew up, and you could meet my Grandmother." To help me prove to her that I was finally able to move on with my life.

Sure, it would've been neat to go home for a while, but Zinnia wasn't sure if they went that they'd have a way to return to Jack's world. And his world still needed him to stop Aku.

"But that's okay. As long as we're together, I guess it doesn't matter where we go," she said with a shrug. This was one thing Zinnia wouldn't be selfish about. She knew how important it was to Jack.

@The Tactician

Continued from here.

Epilogue
"Departure"

The staff plunged deep into the head of Jason, shoving him up against the tree he had been using to hold himself up. The follow-up attacks to his head did further damage, making him look even more ghastly than before. The final nail in the coffin was Tarlotte's assault. With Jason weak from the fighting, the catgirl was able to knock him to the ground, where he fell back on top of a stray branch sticking out of the ground. The branch punctured right through Jason, pinning him in place.

He was too weak to break free now.

Billy's chanting could be heard from above, the woman who was not quite so "Korra" seemingly on her last legs. Wanda and Zaheer were working in tandem, their powers slamming the woman into the dirt. With Jason out of the way, it was only her left to deal with.

"I want to trap her, never let her out..."

The dirt around the woman began to recede, dropping her further into the ground below. Trees, grass, and dirt began to pile up on top of her, burying her deeply under the surface. "It's time to move!" Milla yelled now that the coast was clear.

Zaheer watched as Korra sank into the ground. Staring for a while, the man turned his head, and walked away.

"Billy, are you okay?" Wanda asked, concerned.

Billy floated down to the ground, wobbling slightly on his feet upon landing. "Yes, I'm all right. Thanks, but we gotta get going."

"M-Milla..." Jude muttered, still half-asleep. "Remember when... it was the other way around? Carrying you like this... through the rain..."

"I know, Jude. Rest now." Milla broke out into the smallest of smiles as she ran.

Though the distance to the lighthouse was not significantly long, the winds were mighty. There was little the powered among the group could do to shield the entire group. In the chaos of the mad dash, debris claimed the life of a second man, Stan, who only had time to speak his daughter's name before it was taken by the wind.

FKufwzp.png

The lighthouse stood as a beacon amidst the wind and rain, cutting through the darkness and shining boldly for all to see. Wanda was first to reach the sanctuary, stopping just outside the shining front door to turn around and direct her magic toward the storm coming up behind them. Her son soon joined her, the pair doing what they could to push back the danger.

As the group rushed into the warm waiting light, one was not so fortunate to reach salvation. Horne ended up caught in the tornado's winds, his body flying backward from the lighthouse. He reached out for help, but was sucked into the great mass of wind before Billy or Wanda could do anything about it. With no more remaining, the pair followed the group into the lighthouse, where only light and warmth could be sensed...

iAzB5kJ.jpg

The group found themselves in some place entirely new, though not entirely unlike the place they just left. Zinnia and Jack in particular would be able to recall the smell of these particular woods, the sight of the sun shining through the trees, the sound of water trickling through a ravine.

Victoria let out a massive gasp and collapsed on to the grass. "Someone tell me I'm alive," she groaned.

"You are alive."

The diver stood close by, no longer floating like some strange suited angel. His diving mask no longer glowed, but it was still impossible to see his face behind the glass. "We have left the Dark Place and can no longer be touched by the Presence that lurks within. That is, if we do not choose to linger in this area. I am only able to appear here due to the weakened barrier between this world and that realm of alien darkness." The diver held up his arms, gesturing to the forest around them and looking as if he was about to start a prayer. "This is a mysterious place, where the line between mundane and fantastic is thin."

"Oh!"

A girl spoke, having come up upon the group without realizing they were there. She seemed surprised at first, but her expression broke out into a happy smile upon seeing who was there.

COOQ2Yu.jpg

"You guys took so long, I... I mean, you're alive! This is amazing!" The girl quickly ran over to Byakuya and Milla, who were setting Diana and Jake on the ground. "Jake... Deanna..."

"It's... Jude." The young doctor let out a tired groan, rubbing at his eyes. He tried to stand, but found himself collapsing back down to the ground again. The girl standing over moved to hold him up. "Bailey?"

The girl let an amused snort. "Just call me Holly J. I guess... your memory is back?"

"Yeah..." Jude looked up at Milla. "All of it, I think. My life as Jude... My life as Jake..."

"You were a unique case," the Diver said. "Having lost your life in the Dark Place, your soul was lost to darkness. You were not the only one. As you've come to learn, you were not initially a real being, only a creation of memories. However, with help from your friend, I have converged your two selves. The one who stands before us is the real you, both in one. It was... a good thing."

Coming in from the direction that Holly J. had arrived from was a boy. He stared at the group impassively, his arms crossed as he took a stoic stance.

KV15k6X.jpg

"..."

He only gave the slightest of nods.

"But this isn't over!" Jude exclaimed. He looked to the Diver, his eyes pleading. "We're not all here... other died."

"Such is the nature of the Dark Place," said the Diver, sounding rather emotionless about it. "Not all who become trapped their can leave. I have done all I can for all of you. I will continue to do more. My place is in there... as an eternal light facing the darkness."

"So what... that's it?" Nigel asked, looking confusedly at the group. "At least last time I kind of figured what the fuck was going on..."

"That is all. Everything that could be done... has been done. I may one day be able to return your friends to you, but for now, that day is not today."

Shuten-Douji meanwhile seemed to have taken everything in stride. "The ethereal plane has been escaped and we find ourselves on solid ground once again. The question that lingers on my lips right now is... what next?"

fbiZIdu.png

"That is a good question..." Byakuya muttered. "I did not anticipate for when we actually escaped."

lUKVHs1.png

"Don't lose hope just yet. We may be out of the frying pan and into the fire, but as long as we can get out, we will. There's always a way," Kyoko spoke up with determination, taking a small breath after it was all finally over.

With that, she would shift her attention over to Wanda, beginning to speak once again.
tumblr_mqgjhuDQrW1st2nhoo9_500.png

"I think it's about time everyone learned the truth, Wanda. I'd never been a fan of keeping secrets anyway, and with the bind that Enoshima put me in now lifted, I can say so now," she spoke, indicating that Wanda seemed to be in on the secret from the beginning as well.

The real secret.

xwVgEau.png

"Listen, everyone..."

"As you might have heard her say so earlier, Junko Enoshima had blackmailed me from the very beginning. In believing that you would all panic in the face of death and despair without someone who knew what to do, like a chicken running around without its head, Junko eliminated the one factor that might have interfered with the process. You might have noticed that my ultimate title was called the "Ultimate ???" as if to cover something up, and sure enough, my title is the Ultimate Detective. Thus, my expertise in actively helping you solve who killed the other students would have made things easy for you, and predictably boring for Junko as she watched through the eyes of Monokuma," she revealed, brushing aside some stray hair, before going on, "And in exchange for her not murdering you all in an instant to become vessels for the darkness like she threatened, I was to stay quiet during those investigations."

"But... Even so, that's not the only thing I was keeping from you."

" You see... I'm not only the Ultimate Detective. You can also refer to me as the Ultimate Coalition Leader," Kyoko revealed, crossing her arms as she'd continue to speak, "I was once the leader of an organization that spanned across different worlds, this Coalition, and our main goal was to prevent situations exactly like what you all had just gone through, broadly called a Murder Game, and saving lives across the multiverse, though... Circumstances had caused me to put me in a position where I was separated from the group for a long time, as Togami here can attest."

Byakuya only gave a curt nod, which was enough for him.

"Oh... I've heard of the Coalition," Jude said, finally managing to stand to his feet.

"As have I," added Milla.

"Friends of mine... they're members as well. Maybe I should have joined too if it would have avoided all this."

6qhyCMq.png

"... Now, if we can get a hold of the Coalition, they'd be more than willing and capable of bringing you home, if that's what you'd rather want instead of joining us and helping the effort to stop people from ending up in these horrible tragedies as well," she stated, eyes wandering over to Wanda and Billy.

"Either way, you two wouldn't happen to be able to help us with this predicament, would you?"

Wanda smiled at Kyoko, moving to place a hand on her son's shoulder.

"I'm on it. I just need a quiet spot."

Wanda left, moving to under a nearby tree. Billy joined her. The boy whispered under his breath and energy floated out from his body. Energy coming off Wanda converged with his, creating a dazzling light display. It was clear that some kind of spell was being made. After some time, the energy dissipated and the pair stood up.

"They're on their way," Wanda said.

"So..." Holder looked awkward as he warily glanced around at the group's apparent saviors. "What about me? What about what happened in there? Are we supposed to just..."

"Well, we don't really know if anything of that... actually happened."

"It did and it did not. But in the end... you will fade from this place. Your memories may merge with your true self, wherever he may be, or they may disappear forever. I'm sorry that I don't have more to offer."

tsmHzXj.png

"That's, uh... That's some heavy stuff, yo." Shaking his head, Holder moved to stand off to the side. He faced a tree and brought a hand to his face. "I'll... just need a moment."

"As for the rest of you... before you go, I have an offer for you." The Diver held out a hand, and a white circle of energy formed around his feet. "If you wish to fight the darkness alongside myself... you may. Step into the light. I will not say it will be easy. I will not say you won't fail. Do not make the decision lightly."

Byakuya scoffed. "I think I've had enough of that."

"I have a life to get back to," said Holly J. The silent boy behind her nodded his head in agreement with her.

"Very well. Anyone else?"

As this was going on, Diana shakily stood to her feet. She moved over to Stiles and Victoria, her eyes looking off into the distance. "I need to talk to you two..."

... But there was one last survivor in their midst.

"Hey! Wait for Old Man McGucket!"

McGucket ran into the clearing, arms raised. After a moment or so, he stopped and laughed.

AOCF5jG.png

"Hey, wait! Hot diggety! I'm already home!" McGucket smiled broadly and wandered back into the woods...

CAST LIST
@C.T. as Arya Stark "Ultimate Killer" [Game of Thrones]
@Kaykay as Chikage Kushinada "Ultimate Jujutsuka" [History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi]
@Chewy Rabbits as Catbug "Ultimate Cutie" [Bravest Warriors]
@Minerva as Corrin "Ultimate Protector" [Fire Emblem]
@DapperDogman as Darv "Ultimate Saltborn" [Salt & Sanctuary]
@Yun Lee as Edmond Honda "Ultimate Sumo Wrestler" [Street Fighter]
@BarrenThin as Genji Shimada "Ultimate Forgiveness" [Overwatch]
@The Tactician as Jack "Ultimate Samurai" [Samurai Jack]
@york as Jack Frost "Ultimate Funhouse" [Rise of the Guardians]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri "Ultimate Detective" [Danganronpa]
@Gummi Bunnies as "Lapis Lazuli" "Ultimate Crystal" [Original Character]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as M. "Stiles" Stilinski "Ultimate Sarcasm" [Teen Wolf]
@Crow as Morikubo Nono "Ultimate Wallflower" [THE iDOLM@STER]
@Jeremi as Poison "Ultimate Manager" [Street Fighter]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse "Ultimate Rat Mouse" [Original Character]
@Crimson Spartan as Seamus "Sledge" Cowden "Ultimate Breaching Charge" [Rainbow Six: Siege]
@Hospes as Tarlotte "Ultimate Tantrum" [Kyoshiro to Town no Sora]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta "Ultimate Teacher" [Overwatch]
@Periodically Incorrect as Terezi Pyrope "Ultimate Justice" [Homestuck]
@DBZ7 as Tharja "Ultimate Hextress" [Fire Emblem]
@Nater Taters as Tomoko Kuroki "Ultimate Loser" [WataMote]
@Atomyk as Victoria Maribeth Chase "Ultimate Bitch" [Life is Strange]
@Takumi as Yurick "Ultimate Arcanist" [The Last Story]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Zinnia "Ultimate Lorekeeper" [Pokemon]​
"What in the hell." Rant said as he stared at the landscape before them.

Rant took a breath. After they had reached what seemed to be safety he was celebrating all on his own. Off in the corner of everyone's eyes just dancing his little heart out. He spent no energy worrying about getting home because if necessary he could sit here and his signal would eventually be found. Then some woman came and interrupted him with her dumbfounded stare. He stopped his victory dance to give her a cold stare back. It was as if she expected them dead.

"Yeah, well screw you to lady." Rant mumbled to himself.

Kyoko's speech only served to piss him off after being aggravated by the surprise of him living. I the girl had known everything or had the ability to figure it all out by herself then why were they brought here. Why did that figment of her imagination drag him from home. He was then reminded of what home was like and was enraged even more. He made his way to Wanda and poked her side as hard as he could.

"I need a way home and I need it now." Rant demanded.

@Josh M.

"You're not going to lose us, Stiles... I think." Victoria broke out into a small laugh at that, her mind trying to wrap around the whole thing still. It wasn't like he was heading to another planet... just another dimension. For some odd reason, it felt both farther away and closer. Victoria had never been one for any of that nerdy science fiction stuff, but even she got the gist of alternate dimensions. Maybe if Max were here or her lame friend, Warren, they would be having a blast at the news.

... But then Victoria just made herself sad.

"Find your friend," Diana said, filling in for Victoria's silence. "You deserve that, and I'm sure he'll be happy to see you. It just can't be the end here. We'll find a way to speak with each other again."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Soon enough, a portal would appear and out from it drove a strange school bus with an orange-haired woman at the wheel.

The_Magic_School_Bus.jpg

"Someone rang for the Magic School Bus... again?" The woman asked, her doors opening up and welcoming anyone and everyone who would require a ride home.

Kyoko would let out a soft gasp in surprise when a familiar school bus with a familiar woman driving it would appear. Her eyes widened briefly, and though it took a while, the words managed to be uttered.

GR1RdDE.png

"M-Ms. Frizzle? You're still...?!"

Ms. Frizzle stepped off the bus, a wise smile on her face, though anyone who was familiar with her knew that a wide smile such as that was the woman's natural expression. She spotted Kyoko quickly and gave the girl a knowing nod. "And to think I was here so recently! How did I miss you, Kyoko? It's so good to see you! You see, I always knew you'd come back."

fbiZIdu.png

Byakuya looked impassively at the woman before them. "Ms. Frizzle... can you confirm we're in Gravity Falls? Specifically, the site of the Gravity Falls Incident?"

"The very one!"

"Interesting... we'll need to keep an eye on this location moving forward. No doubt the previous Murder Game has compromised the environment."

mJTyFx6.png

"It's good to see you too, Ms. Frizzle. I'd remembered today was a special day for a certain leader, so I had to return before I missed the deadline," Kyoko spoke with a smile, pleased to reunite with an old friend.

When Byakuya would speak, the bespectacled man almost seeming to be incapable of smiling sometimes, she would shift her attention to him.

lUKVHs1.png

"So even though the Arch Demon's been killed from what I've heard, the Murder Games are still going on strong, huh? Just like this incident. Well, I suppose that's why the Coalition's still around in the first place," she said, before putting a hand on her hip, "But even so, come what may, we can get past whatever challenges the perilous multiverse throws at us."

Byakuya smiled suddenly, as if there was a joke said that only he was getting. He stood there for a moment, shaking his head slightly, giving off the impression he may have been laughing at Kyoko.

UhXxajh.png

"As Junko Enoshima has taught us, killing games are easily popularized. Numerous entities have sought to copy the original Murder Game phenomena... with varying success." Arms crossed, Byakuya tapped his elbows unconsciously, perusing over his thoughts on the matter. The multiversal landscape had changed greatly since last Kyoko was around, and Byakuya felt it best she was partially brought up to speed before they left.

"... The Murder Game phenomena has opened pathways and avenues between universes, creating overlaps that were only so rare beforehand. Incidents such as these are all the more common. Beings come together, they die, we pick up the pieces. It has only become a matter of course that all such events fall under the umbrella term 'Murder Game,' or at least that's what we take for granted."

"It sounds like you have a lot to talk about," Ms. Frizzle chimed in. "But we better get going soon so that you don't miss a certain someone's big day!"

"In any case, our ticket out of here has arrived, everyone," she would say, turning to everyone around her, "We'll be making plenty of stops, I'm sure. You're free to either go home now and be done with this business forever, or come with us and join the Coalition. It's your choice."

"I'll be coming with you," Jude said, walking up to Kyoko, Byakuya, and Ms. Frizzle. "To the Coalition, I mean. You know some friends of mine, and... well, I'd like to see them." Jude turned, eyeing Milla as she moved to stand next to him. She turned to look at him, their eyes meeting as something unknown was communicated between them.

"... I have enough time to accompany you there if you wish, Jude."

Blushing slightly, Jude nodded. "Of course. I'm just glad we can spend this time together at all."

SYyfA94.jpg

The pair continued to stare at each other for a moment, stopping only when Jude flinched and turned back to the others. He seemed slightly embarrassed. "I mean, unless I have to pass some kind of initiation exam. I imagine you would need one of those to become a member of such an organization?"

"..."

Byakuya scoffed.

"Hardly."

Last edited:
"You're not going to lose us, Stiles... I think." Victoria broke out into a small laugh at that, her mind trying to wrap around the whole thing still. It wasn't like he was heading to another planet... just another dimension. For some odd reason, it felt both farther away and closer. Victoria had never been one for any of that nerdy science fiction stuff, but even she got the gist of alternate dimensions. Maybe if Max were here or her lame friend, Warren, they would be having a blast at the news.

... But then Victoria just made herself sad.

"Find your friend," Diana said, filling in for Victoria's silence. "You deserve that, and I'm sure he'll be happy to see you. It just can't be the end here. We'll find a way to speak with each other again."
Stiles wasn't sure if he should be happy or sad at this very moment. The fact that Scott was a part of this Coalition promised that some of his world was indeed tangled in this multiverse thread and that was deeply troubling to the young man. Why was their dimension one that was connected to these murder games? Had the Beacon of Beacon Hills attract portals because of their supernatural qualities or was it just concidence at the end of the day. He paused and wondered what else there was to say to Victoria and Diana, he had always hated to say goodbye.

He had to think happy thoughts. He was going to see Scott again.

" I agree with you there. I don't want it to be the end. We will find a way to talk to each other, perhaps even it is diffcult. It is kind of hard for me to open up and well, you guys got me too and that is good," he said to her back.

He tilted his head and saw The Magical School Bus. He remembered that show, it had been on when he was little. He had watched it right before his mother died, oh the irony. He wasn't sure if he want to go now, it felt so hard to leave now.

@Atomyk

-Rinato Dormi Epilogue-
"Unfinished Business"

tumblr_inline_niof14eL6B1sjp02i.jpg

"I think I've gotten this offer in the past, so just like then, I'll pass."

Turning her back towards the rest of the people present, Lapis made it clear that she didn't want to partake in any Coalition business, considering that even then, she would have to complete what she sought to finish. Getting involved in other business? That'll sidetrack her or even prevent her from completing her task of getting rid of the Blood Institute on her own.

As thoughts swirled in her head about this experience, Lapis convinced herself that she didn't make any close connections, knowing that even if she did, it wouldn't be worth it at this time to even keep them around. Not when there were people out there that wanted to make things a living hell for Lapis...

Hands in her pockets, the bounty hunter began to head towards the bus, wanting to return to her home and to be able to proceed towards the Blood Institute. However, she felt that something was off, and just like that, time stopped around her.

tumblr_inline_n38l6vwv1e1sy4uqk.png

"... alright, who's there?"

Groaning at the thought that she had been found by an Institute member already, Lapis turned around to see a new face present in the closed off realm of time that overlayed onto the world she was about to leave. Certainly she didn't recognize this person at first, but for some reason, she felt distantly familiar in some way...

zqxjjqm.png

"... Lapis Lazuli... Rinato Dormi... I know this may not be the best time to warn you, but please... don't go after Exe... don't go after Eliza Xena..."

This girl in blue began to plead the bounty hunter to not follow through with her intentions of killing Exe, further confusing Lapis on how this girl knew who she was. But judging that the girl was responsible for the sudden time stop so this would be a private conversation between the two of them, Lapis figured that this girl had things that she couldn't really fight against.

"And your reason for that? If you know so well about me and Exe, you should know on how fucking messed up she is, that she leads this whole organization that kills for the sake of money, that she's using their assets to gain some deadly power through sins... You should know goddamn well that she's better off dead."

Lapis refused to listen, knowing on how things were against the supposed "executioner" of the Blood Institute. To the point of not even acknowledging Exe as once to be the boyfriend of her deceased brother, Lapis figured that it was for the best that Exe was dead, presuming that the latter was only acting to be in love with her brother to keep up appearances outside of the crime world.

"... p-please... you don't understand... I... I know what is to come with this decision, I know that this isn't the wisest decision... because you'll-"

The girl continued to press with what she had to share with Lapis, but as soon as she told the bounty hunter off with saying that this wasn't a wise decision, the girl would find herself impaled by a crystal spear...

tumblr_o03ak7R7bX1v3qowuo3_100.png

"You're wrong. You might know more about this situation, but we both know that Exe only wishes for what benefits her, and she clearly disrupts any form of peace for her own desires. Not acting now... that itself isn't a wise decision either, so I'll go with the only option that sounds wise to me: kill Exe off for good..."

Giving little to no concern to this girl that tried to prove her wrong in this decision, Lapis pulled the crystal spear out of the girl's chest, having the materialized weapon disappear into small shards. She didn't look back at that girl, who happened to be bleeding out blood with the shade of blue. However, she overheard something that the girl happened to mumble out...

"... d-don't... repeat history... not like... I did..."

"What?"

Just as Lapis turned around to question what the girl meant by that, the time resumed once more, and the girl in blue was gone. Others would perceive Lapis as being rather off-put by the recent events, probably seeing things, but in truth, Lapis saw more than just mere hallucinations. Was she committing some mistake that the girl in blue wanted her to avoid? She couldn't even tell what the mistake was, because leaving Exe be was a mistake in her eyes.

This single thought swirling around in her head, Lapis proceeded to board the bus without another word said, wanting to return to her home world in order to finish what she had sought to end once and for all.

She'll do this with no regrets, and that there wasn't going to be any turning back.

-End-

dOmzMS4.png

fji9Fn6.png

Dear Village Elder,

It was shortly after her conversation with Jack that the ride which would return them home arrived. One of the lorekeeper's dark eyebrows twitched in annoyance at the sight. She couldn't help but detest the idea of riding on yet another bus after all the trouble she had encountered due to boarding them. Nevertheless, if this bus was to be their ride home, she decided to cooperate. She moved to board the bus with Jack and the others, taking a seat somewhere in the middle of the bus. It took a while before everyone was settled, and even before the bus took off Zinnia began to squirm anxiously.

It's been a while since we last spoke, but I hope life is treating you well. Every night I look up at the stars and think of you, hoping that we're watching them together. It's my hope that all of Hoenn is enjoying these same stars that the great Dragon Lord has blessed us with, and that our world is now experiencing a time of peace with the meteorite eradicated.

She didn't know how long it would take this bus to return them back to Jack's world so they could see Aster yet again, and she wanted to see her daughter now! She had done just about enough waiting and couldn't fathom the idea of the wait dragging out any longer. Sleeping wasn't an option either this time. Zinnia was far too wired to sit still even for a little bit. This bus would surely make multiple stops to drop others off at their own homes, so she couldn't imagine it would just be a quick trip. So what could she do to entertain herself in the mean time? Zinnia's red eyes darted around for some sort of idea, new inspiration for mischief she could get into. They weren't even back home yet and she was already back to her old self.

It's my wish that you know I've started over. It wasn't easy at first. Remember the stories you used to tell me when I was a child? The stories about other worlds existing somewhere out there? Well, you were right all along. I ended up in one of those worlds by accident. At first, I was angry and felt smothered by the same situation I would later realize slowly began to heal me.

Eventually, the cheeky young woman settled upon stealing a sheet of paper and pencil from someone, likely the bus driver, so she could write a letter to her grandmother. Out of a number of things she could've chosen to do, at least the activity she picked wasn't one that would harm anyone. Zinnia pressed the sheet of paper against the back of the bus seat in front of her and carefully began to write with her pencil.

In these other worlds I saw death, destruction, and more danger than I ever could've imagined. Some of the people who I saw die and the horrible experiences I went through will never leave me. I don't think I'll ever be the same again.

Meanwhile, the trip back to Jack's world didn't take as long as she had feared. Before Zinnia knew it, the bus had stopped and the driver told them they could leave. Just having finished the letter she started writing, Zinnia moved to exit the bus--handing the letter over to the driver. "Hey, if you could get this back to Hoenn, my world, and have this delivered to the Elder at Meteor Falls I'd really appreciate it," she said, moving to exit the bus.

But who is to say that's a bad thing?

Zinnia peered out the door and saw that the bus had dropped them off right next to the campsite she and Jack had been at before the Murder Game nonsense started. An expression of pure joy showed on her face as she leaped out of the bus and took off without waiting for Jack. She ran as fast as she could, her eyes set on the one thing she missed most.

I feel like I've grown. My heart opened up to others. Can you believe it? I actually have friends now! The bonds I've made and the pain I've shared together with some of the people I've met over my travels will never be broken. They'll always be a part of me, and I them.

"ASTER!!!" Zinnia bellowed, her heart excitedly pounding in her chest.

9c6bb356491b33b1e966a45f357c6ae3.png

I've also found someone whom I love very much. He makes me feel safe, happy, and cared for, but he asks for nothing in return. Someday, I hope you'll get a chance to meet him. But until that time comes I will be with him, aiding him with his journey. He carries burdens, as I did, yet unlike myself his story has not come to an end. I want to stay by his side and walk his path to the end, no matter where it leads me.

Upon hearing her mother's cry, Aster turned and rushed for Zinnia, leaping in her arms. "Mum!" the little pokémon cried as the draconid wrapped her daughter tightly in her arms.

But don't worry about me. Grandmother, I'm happy, happier than I've been in a long time.

"Aster, oh Aster! I'm so sorry. I promise I'll never leave you again. Ooooh I missed you so much!"

I'm home.

"Your home sounds like it'd be a bit too much for me," Victoria said, trying to sound as if she was joking.

x4JkOcV.png

"Werewolves? I mean... yeah, no thanks."

"Victoria and I will be fine," Diana said, smiling.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Yurick's Epilogue: The Ultimate Archanist

"I have a war to help end and a dying world to save. Coalition? No thanks, maybe some other time." he grunted.

Yurick watched as others said their goodbyes. He was glad to have survived the whole ordeal. But, he had a few things to say to some people. Walking over to Jack Frost and Tarlotte he would put a hand on Jack's shoulder before he would speak.

"Keep what I said in mind, even if this whole thing is over." he said to the Ultimate Funhouse. Turning to Tarlotte he'd scratch her behind the ear.

"You try not to lose your nine lives." he told her before muttering under his breath about how much trouble cats could be. Before he could possibly get attacked he would head onto the bus and sit by himself.

The ride wasn't too long and the familiar cave was indication enough that he returned to Lazulis Island. Exiting the bus he saw that time had been frozen in his absence. Zael's blade was locked with a giant monsters while Mirania was in the middle of casting a healing spell on the archeologist that had accompanied them while one of the three monster was looking ready to charge. Feeling his powers return, the fire user's fingers twitched as he felt a warm sensation in his hands. Starting to count down from twenty, a warm glow began along his palms, before a ball of flame began to grow.

"16...15..." he heard the bus leave, and, slowly, time was beginning to flow correctly.

"5."

The figures before him began to speed up into the normal rhythm of movement.

The ball of fire had grown rather large now as the monster continued it's charge as if it hadn't been stopped at all.

Once the seconds were up Yurick thrusted his arms out with a yell, the ball of flames slamming into the creature and causing it to stumble back in surprise and shock.

4ca37346d6802eb2c0bede1b540ccb52.jpg

"Yurick! Thank goodness you're up!" Zael called as he was pushed back by the monster he had locked blades with.

tumblr_m5jyod4FGu1ql793jo3_1280.jpg

"Yes, and these disgusting creatures will have to deal with my pent up aggression." Yurick replied as he unsheathed the dagger that had also belonged to his father at some point. They may not have been Monokuma, but they would do.

images

"Prepare to meet your fate at the hands of The Ultimate Archanist." he said as he got ready for another attack.

Fin

@Atomyk @york @Hospes

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"Your home sounds like it'd be a bit too much for me," Victoria said, trying to sound as if she was joking.

x4JkOcV.png

"Werewolves? I mean... yeah, no thanks."

"Victoria and I will be fine," Diana said, smiling.
Stiles tried to not supress a laugh. Too much was an understatement to say the least bit to be quite honest too.

tumblr_inline_n7zw3nl4ZE1rwbfyf.gif

" If it was only just werewolves, it's so much more."

"I guess I should go and join the others, bye Victoria and Diana," he said to them, taking a deep breath. He should go. He paused and turned back as he went to the journal and tore out a page and wrote something down." It's my cell phone number," he said, handing it to Victoria. He knew where his phone had been, but he hadn't bothered to check it all game.

@Atomyk

Diana looked confused for a moment, but something seemed to click in her head and she gracefully took the note. "I'll hold on to it," she said, looking playful.

"I think calling someone across dimensions is going to be pretty expensive," Victoria said, sounding sarcastic. It seemed on purpose, as she was giving Stiles a bit of a smirk. "But hey, I can probably afford it."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Kyoko Kirigiri - Epilogue Part 1/2: Hope

latest

When a person experienced immense nostalgia, they typically could feel their body shiver. A heavy feeling in their heart. To see something after being gone so long, and see that despite all the changes that time might have imposed upon it, it was still, at its core, the same place.

It was pleasantly bittersweet, emphasis on the "sweet" part for once.

kiri023.png

Kyoko Kirigiri was no exception, despite her normally stoic behavior.

In most instances, when a person returned to a place they had not been to for so long, they would eventually realize that it was not the place that changed, but themselves. However, it was not so in Kyoko's case. She was exactly the same as she once was, perhaps for the better. Byakuya was certainly the same as ever, and Kyoko could only assume that the same could be said for the other members of the Future Foundation.

Except for one ahoge boy.

But then, she'd have to judge for herself on that matter.

Returning to the Coalition HQ like this... The familiar Observatory, the Gateway Rooms, the Meeting Rooms... and of course, the Commander's Office. The private little room that the leader of the Coalition had to themselves. They were all, at their core, the same, but of course, it looked like the Coalition managed to truly make a name for itself in her absence. The place was much better built, filled with all sorts of new members she didn't recognize, and they didn't recognize her in return.

They had moved on without her.

But she hardly felt betrayed or anything like that. No, no, if anything...

... She was proud of that boy who took up the mantle.

Today was a special day indeed. As she had expected, the members were generally in a cheerful mood, most of the members casually conversing with each other with food and drink, despite being outside the cafeteria or lounge area. There was definitely something big happening today.

Kyoko had asked Ms. Frizzle to not announce her return, as she wanted to save that for later, and she was confident that Byakuya wouldn't have said anything, even if he'd have been told so.

After all, she didn't want to ruin the surprise she had in mind for the birthday boy.

A year. A whole year. Where had the time gone?

Months now after the fall of the Arch Demon, Makoto Naegi could scarcely believe how long it had been. His last birthday had been celebrated at the Coalition headquarters as well, though that occasion had been marred by the looming threat hanging over the organization's heads. Not only that, but considering the loss the organization had sustained to its leadership so recently, it could have been barely called a celebration at all.

This time, however, was different.

New threats emerged every day and the Coalition still bore the scars of loss, yet everything was different now. Changed. With the group growing every day, there was a certain energy that flowed through the group. Some would find it hard to describe, though Makoto knew exactly what to call it.

Hope.

This year's birthday party was a surprise, for Makoto had believed key Coalition members too busy recently to even keep track of the day. As it turned out, Jennifer had planned the majority of it, having led Makoto around for the day with busywork until the great big reveal in the lounge where way more people showed up than Makoto felt was needed for someone like himself. Even those who didn't really know him seemed inclined to celebrate, if for nothing else other than to hang out with one of their leaders.

Kieran had been there, but only for a few moments. He said he was busy, which Makoto honestly believed, though he didn't seem to be quite himself. More subdued and less boisterous. Makoto knew the incident in the holding cells had shaken the Captain-Commander badly, putting him on edge for a while now. Makoto wished he could take back their actions afterward, but it was too late to worry about that now.

No, worrying was to be put on hold for the day, as Makoto had a party to see through. He would hang out, laugh, smile, and relax with the men and women he'd come to love. He would forget about the outside conflicts for just a moment. He would forget about all that troubled him.

... Except for one nagging issue.

The issue that just would never go away.

No matter what birthday was being celebrated, there would always be something missing.

- - -

ztRxO5U.png

Makoto stumbled out of the lounge, a grin plastered on his face. Everyone else was shuffling out after him, many saying that they would talk to him again. Some wouldn't, Makoto knew. Makoto sometime spent days in that office, only to emerge to find the faces outside to be entirely different. At times, it occurred to the boy that perhaps the Coalition was too willing to take on new members in the wake of the Arch Demon's demise. They had fallen prey to leaks and backstabs in the past, so such a policy only invited history to repeat itself.

Perhaps an initiation test? Some kind of exam? Makoto would have to talk to Kieran about it, if only he didn't seem so busy...

"Huh?"

Makoto stopped in the middle of the hallway, taken out of his thoughts by the sight of someone standing before him. He was alone now for the most part, the party guests having mostly wandered off. Jennifer had lingered in the hall for a moment, but had mysteriously disappeared... once Makoto recognized who he was looking at, he figured she was why Jennifer decided to slip away.

"K-Kyoko? Is that... you?" The boy took a shuddering breath, feeling as if his legs would give out and he would collapse right in front of this ghost. For that's who she was, wasn't she? A ghost who had disappeared from Makoto's life over a year ago now.

"Or is it... another you?" The implication in his words were clear: Was this Kyoko before him the Kyoko?

kiri054.png

"...!"

Kyoko didn't expect to be the one caught off-guard. Not so much because Makoto Naegi had appeared so suddenly before her, but more because... he was there. He was right there. The reliably same as ever Makoto Naegi, though not without a few small changes. Though he still had that babyface-ish look to him, it was clear that he had physically matured, as well as possibly mentally, and now he looked just a bit more like a man than a boy. He was different, yet fundamentally, he was the same. A thousand things had changed, but he stayed the same at his core.

Sometimes, despite what someone like Junko Enoshima believed, something that was predictable, something that could be called boring, didn't always have to be all bad.

Kyoko could practically feel her heart ready to burst out of her chest, considering how fast she felt it suddenly begin to beat. This was unlike her, and yet... It felt right. These feelings that she usually hid from others, she knew she couldn't keep locked away. If anyone held the key to Kyoko Kirigiri, then it was most certainly...

kiri034.png

With a gentle smile creeping onto her features, Kyoko only nodded in response to Makoto Naegi's question, before opening her mouth to talk. "Well, you've certainly kept the place up and running just fine without me, what with defeating the Arch Demon. Togami seems the same as ever, but I can imagine that this job hasn't been easy at all," she spoke, taking a step toward him, "You've been leader for a longer time than even me. I really am impressed."

Though she hid it just a bit better, her legs were shaking a tad and they felt weak. Like Makoto, it felt like they'd give way at any given moment if she wasn't careful. Even her voice was a tad shaky. She was just as nervous as Makoto was, or however he'd describe what he was feeling at the moment, in all honesty. But she couldn't pause now.

"Apologies that I forgot to get you a birthday present. I was in something of a rush," she said half-jokingly, unlike how she usually was, except for when with people who were special to her.

"..."

Makoto took a shaky step forward, toward the purple-haired detective with those striking purple eyes. It always seemed like Kyoko Kirigiri was staring intensely into your soul, yet Makoto had never really mind. He kind of liked whenever Kyoko looked his way.

"It's not like... it's been a piece of cake," he said with some amusement, a sad smile on his face. One more step, and Makoto felt something heavy in his chest. He knew what it was. A storm of emotion clutched at his chest, making him feel faint and exhilarated all at once. Words weren't forming correctly and Makoto could feel tears begin to drop down his face. He stopped in place in an effort to steady himself, unable to come to terms with the reality that she was real and alive.

vKPL7Eo.png

Makoto reached up with one hand, brushing at his tears. "Just being here is the only present I need." He closed his eyes afterward, letting that statement hang in there air between them. This wasn't how the situation went in Makoto's head, but it seemed nothing beat reality. "You're just..."

LWIddn2.png

"... Who else knows? Future Foundation? They may want to... give your position back, Kyoko." And Makoto would have given it back in a heartbeat, after all.

Kyoko felt the same thing in her chest as Makoto did. The storm of emotion that could not be quelled down. For everything that she had bottled up, everything that she had kept hidden and locked away, it was all emotions that would inevitably come rushing out like a waterfall. After all, contrary to popular belief, she was human, just as much as anyone.

Sensing that Makoto was feeling the same thing as she was, Kyoko forced herself to keep moving forward. Silly as it sounded, even walking seemed like a difficult task in this very moment. Her body almost felt frozen, and even as she moved, it felt like she had to take just a bit extra care to make sure her step was firm, else she'd accidentally fall over and ruin the moment.

Stopping just a few inches in front of Makoto, Kyoko spoke as she walked.

kiri036.png

"Only Togami and our reliable bus driver," she answered, before continuing to talk, "I suppose we should make a big announcement sooner or later, but for now, let's... hold off for a bit," Kyoko suggested softly, making a somewhat daring move as she'd reach forward and gently hold Makoto's hand, "Maybe I will ask to be reinstated, but I wouldn't want to kick you out after all you've done without my help."

After that, she would give a pause, seemingly at a small loss for what to say now. She admittedly hadn't given any thought into what she was going to say to Makoto. A careless move for someone normally as calculated as the Ultimate Detective, but everyone had their missteps every now and then. She spent so much time thinking with her brain, however, that it was then that she realized she had never acted upon her heart. What did she want to say? What did she want to do?

Wordlessly, silently, yet with movements that spoke a thousand words, Kyoko would wrap her arms around Makoto, pulling him into a deep, tight hug.

He felt good. Gentle like a pillow, but warm like a person. Her emotions threatened to overwhelm her, as Kyoko uttered one simple phrase.

"I'm home."

Togami. Of course he knew. He'd been missing for almost a week now, but it was nothing that had seemed too alarming, for Byakuya was prone to radio silence for even longer than that. Whatever the reasons for his absence, if it meant that it brought Kyoko Kirigiri back to them, Makoto would never be able to express the enormity of his gratitude.

Makoto nodded slowly at Kyoko's suggestion, not wanting his own personal reunion to end. Perhaps that made him selfish, but Makoto felt maybe he deserved a little bit of selfishness. It was his birthday, anyway.

"That's right..."

He felt her wrap herself around him, feeling a warmth from her that was somehow both familiar and new. It almost felt childish to him that this felt just right and his face grew red as he reciprocated the hug, snaking his arms around her body. Even her smell felt like home.

"... you're home."

They were both home.

Special thanks to @Atomyk with this nice little collab!​

Last edited:
Diana looked confused for a moment, but something seemed to click in her head and she gracefully took the note. "I'll hold on to it," she said, looking playful.

"I think calling someone across dimensions is going to be pretty expensive," Victoria said, sounding sarcastic. It seemed on purpose, as she was giving Stiles a bit of a smirk. "But hey, I can probably afford it."
Stiles noticed that she looked confused and replied back, just a little playful." Has a cute boy never given you his phone number before? I mean, I know it's unexpected," he said, half-jokingly.

" Yeah, I imagine that the across dimensions plans probably costs more than a college fund," he said, some assemblance of sarcasm in what he was saying . " It's great that you can afford it, I mean, it's not like calls take two people," he said, the last bit very sarcastically. It seemed that despite everything, Stiles still had some his sarcastic personality in tack.

@Atomyk

Nono Epilogue - I.N.D.I.V.I.D.U.A.L.S.

GCrFl7e.webp

"Th- this is it, huh?"

The moon was up and the streetlights consumed the starry skies. Alighting the magical vehicle, Nono appears in front of a building. She walks in to see a few familiar faces.

WBJfeMo.webp

"H- hey Nono, where have you been? Sorry I couldn't keep to my promise- woah!"

Nono began to sob as she embraced the man.

egu6vNM.webp

"WAAAA!~ Morikubo... Morikubo... misses all of you!"

"Yes, yes, Nono, cry it all out, cry it all out. I know what you've been through... let's talk it all out when you've calmed down..."

SRdLRG5.webp

"GROUP HUG!!!"

mKSgCsB.webp

"Do we really have to- fine, just this time."

And thus the grouphug ensued as our four friends embraced. Nono's cries were smothered by pure friendship.

The next day- or rather- next evening, everything was laxed and back to normal. Our friends were consuming their share of donuts at a local cafe. A fine, casual conversation was occuring.

WBJfeMo.webp

"You sure we're talking about you, partner? N- not to display doubt or anything, but to think that I've never seen that side of you before."

HkwgBHm.webp

"Yes, Morikubo could fight... thanks to the hope of Kirigiri Kyoko... and that little part I had in the Little Red Riding Hood play."

oXY7KPL.jpg

"Well, anyone can work under the right conditions. Maybe Nono had the right amount of pressure exerted onto her, or too much for that matter. Adrenaline does crazy things."

"Like ugly old graphite to shimmering diamonds."

7zj36mj.webp

"D- does Morikubo l- look different?"

"No, that's just an expression. Also, your new friends sound like some pretty cool guys. This Genji guy sounds pretty dandy though. I'd like to meet him someday, thank him and all and maybe create a secret handshake with him. His existence is a little hard to swallow though."

gx39sbX.webp

"Friend... how are you forgetting that you have ridden flying, talking horses before? Not even I... can make this up..."

n0dMxd6.webp

"And you know what a Neko-Arc is. Nothing about Nono's story is far-fetched compared to our other interdimensional adventures in Rapture and in space. Also, what is she doing here?" the one with the eyepatch glared at an odd levitating newspaper beside the man.

glXTgGe.webp

"Spending quality time with my brother," a woman removes the newspaper from her face, "he usually comes home a couple hours later than I do. It must be hard producing variety of all ages as opposed to producing mostly children. I'd trade positions with him if teenagers weren't that rebellious towards me. Fellow Producers ought to do more than just be coworkers. I hope you remember the rules, Hayasaka Mirei. Also these donuts are good."

mKSgCsB.webp

The one referred to as 'Mirei' growls. "E- easy for you to say, y- y- you-"

"Lolicon!"

"For your information," the older woman speaks, "I am not that kind of Producer, I can't say the same about you, brother."

"But I'm a legitimate businessman. Why would you not say the same about me?"

"If your actions are to be caught on camera by the paparazzi... well... let's just say that- huh?"

Just then, two noises played, both at once. It appeared that they were ringtones from the pockets of the two siblings.

"Goddamnit, Reina changed mine to this... hey, Loadingu~ Loadingu~ I like it!"

"Stop singing to your ringtone and pick up your damn phone, brother, this is pure masochism! Also, what in the name of god did you do to my ringtone while I wasn't looking?"

"Made it better."

"Wizard sucks, OK! I prefer W! The only redeeming quality about it is Beast!"

"So, you want a Beast Driver ringtone instead?"

"Well, at least it wasn't one of those Aqours songs..."

"Still salty over a superior idol series? Face it sister, our anime is a complete blunder."

UT8gBXq.jpg

"My friend... friend's big sister... please... your combined ringtones... it's driving me nuts... also Wizard does not suck," the long-haired one commented as she appeared to be prepared to snap, "pick it up before I LOSE MY HEAD!!!"

The two silhouetted business suit-clad siblings appeared to display a hint of fear in their face and their ringtones halted. Phones to their ears, they nodded in synch as they faced each other.

"Sorry girls, UN duty. See you on you on Monday!"

The big woman grabs a box of donuts. "We may be in a hurry, but we must ensure that our coworkers consume these. So long, girls."

AXycwyL.png

"Good luck!"
"Fuhihi... have fun..."
"Uh... what's a UN?"

ToqMTtt.webp

"H- he left before Morikubo could tell him something important... it was really, really important..."

iPlzNRf.webp

"Cheer up, Nono, he'll return soon. He always does and we always do too."

GCrFl7e.webp

"Morikubo isn't too sure if we can always believe in that... there are hundreds of possible predicaments... we can't get out of all of them..."

P7tVZLc.webp

"We've bumped into worse... fuhihi... Producer and I have been through thick and thin in space... and he is tiny yet strong... so am I... as long as I have a contract with the metal gods, I'm... I'm..."

nONr4Kt.webp

"Oh boy, she's about to do it... and only Producer knows where the off switch is."

D8YHiA9.webp

"Morikubo's good with puzzles, can she help find it-"

Y2SykBh.webp

"I'M IMMORTAL, MOTHERFUCKERS! HYAAAHYAAAHYAAAA!" She raised two cups up in the air, "LET'S CELEBRATE TOWARDS DEEMO, UNNAMED LASS, APPLEJACK AND APPLEBLOOM!"

oXY7KPL.jpg

"Let's dig our graves deeper, Nono," Mirei shrugs her shoulders as she raised a cup full of grape Fanta. "For Wadanohara, Kana, Keaton, Father Lucifer, Gramps and Mr McCree."

D8YHiA9.webp

"O... OK..." Nono stutters as she follows, "Morikubo wants to thank... Kirigiri-san... Shimada-san... Honda-san... Kushinada-san... and... lots and lots of others..."

Eyes were on them during their little stunt.

mKSgCsB.webp

"Yeah, let's get the hell out of here. Nono, find the offswitch while we run out of this place."

Mirei shoves the remaining donuts into her friend's mouths, and shoves whatever doesn't fit into a paper bag. "Oh," Mirei said, noticing that her long-haired friend had stopped shouting, "nevermind, I defused the bomb."

HkwgBHm.webp

"Mirei, Morikubo wants you to know that no matter what, we'll always be friends... and no number of scary games about murder can part us..."

2Pcq61N.webp

"Tha- that was very sudden, Nono, but... thanks anyways... Also, that name sounds a little lengthy... hmmm... how does 'Murder Game' sound for something short and precise? Wait... that kind of does sound like a good song name... or album name..."

Our three princesses walked home as the night grew darker, their laughter and joy engulfing the darkness.

And as night came, dreams were about to begin.

Please, Cinderella, don't let these dreams stay dreams.

Allow every boy and girl to walk towards the days to come after night ends - the sparkling, shining new days.

~FIN~

Last edited:
YUKI.N> Epilogue_
Collab by the wonderful @Verite and @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
e68a4147529c6d873186be96ee80dec7.png

Nagato spoke not a single word to the others when Ms. Frizzle's bus would arrive, moving straight away to board it. She would seat herself on the bus and quietly wait for Ms. Frizzle to take her home. The magical machine would take a bit of time to reach Yuki's stop so, on the way, the alien intended to prepare for her inevitable fate.

The message Kyon had relayed to the Data Overwind some time ago for Yuki's sake no longer mattered. Kyon threatened to awaken Haruhi Suzmiya's sleeping, god-like powers if they ever were to take his alien friend away, and rescue her from their clutches, but this simple threat was no longer enough to protect her. Her offense against the Overmind this time had been far too great.

She had been trapped in the Dark Place for far too long, months had passed in her own universe, kept away from her mission to observe Suzumiya. She wasn't like Asahina who could just travel back in time to return to the point from where she had left. Due to the distortion Suzumiya's powers caused in that universe, there was nothing Nagato could do.

Yuki knew that in their eyes, she had failed, and the moment she was brought back to the world on which she belonged, they would take her away. The probability that she would even have a chance to speak with Kyon, Suzumiya, or any of the others face-to-face before she disappeared for good was slim to none. That's why she intended to send a message.

h100607112.jpg

Through mysterious means, Nagato would have one of her infamous bookmarks left in Kyon's shoe locker at school. Whenever he would find it, he would see that it simply read "Turn on the computer in the club room."

kyon14.jpg

For the amount of time Yuki Nagato had been missing, the specific amount having become lost to Kyon after a while, life had become... anxious for him. It wasn't to say that it wouldn't be troubling if Asahina or Koizumi would suddenly disappear one day, but when Nagato was gone, something was definitely up. Possibly something big if he let his imagination go there. For one, she was arguably the most competent at keeping Haruhi at bay, since Asahina, bless her heart, was a bit too much of a doormat to effectively do her job and keep her dignity once Haruhi was done with her, and Koizumi always just sorta stood there with that smile on his face, like he always knew something everyone else didn't.

Another thing, with another Data Overmind android gone, that is, the only one they had left, there wasn't much anyone could do to pull the strings. When Asakura, for instance, was first dealt with, Nagato was able to make it so that everyone believed she simply had to transfer away. However, with Nagato herself gone now, there wasn't anyone to pull those strings, so thus, she was officially listed as a missing person in town. Not that it really did much. Outside of school, nobody knew who Yuki Nagato was.

After all, one could say it was almost as though she never existed.

kyon17.jpg

With all that said, it came as quite the shock when Kyon, on a day like any other, on a day where everyone had tried their best to move on, would come across a most peculiar thing. A familiar looking bookmark with strange instructions.

There was only one person out there that could have come up with something like this.

Nagato...

A sign. Oh, God. A sign. Finally!

Lucky for him, class was over for the day, which meant that he didn't have to writhe in agony all day to do as told. Practically dropping his school bag, Kyon's body moved faster than his mind could think, frantically running through the halls and past the other students in the school who were either heading to a club or to home, too alarmed to even apologize to anyone he'd accidentally bump into.

Nagato! Nagato! Is it really you?!

Tap tap tap tap.

It's about time, dammit! This better be a great explanation!!

Through all the irritation that Kyon's mind told itself that it had over Yuki being gone for so long, reasoning that she had practically left them all to deal with Haruhi on her own, deep down, he was ecstatic, hence his frantic running.

It was time.

Busting into the clubroom, Kyon did as told on the bookmark and turned on the computer. With Yuki gone, these days Kyon had usually been the first to show up to the room, thus, nobody else was around. Tapping his foot impatiently on the floor, waiting for the computer to boot up, the young man attempted to gather his thoughts, trying to breathe in and out to calm himself. He'd be no good to Nagato if he'd panic over all this business.

55daadbbcff5d42e43bdb5b4ff9c6704.png

Once the club room's good old computer booted, Kyon would be greeted to a familiar black screen that slowly began to fill up with white text.
Yuki.N> The following message is an explanation regarding my disappearance over the past two months. I was trapped due to an anomaly in the multiverse, unrelated to Haruhi Suzumiya or the Overmind. It was similar to a phenomena you experienced called a "Murder Game." I have escaped, but it is unlikely we will speak again due to reasons beyond my control. To restore peace, I shall make it so that I was never missing, but transferred schools and their belief I had been missing was incorrect due to misplaced records. Should you need guidance in the future, my back-up units will come to your aid._

There was a pause before Yuki typed another message.
Yuki.N> I, as an individual, will miss our interactions._

After that message, not another word appeared on the screen. Vague and cryptic as always, Nagato didn't explain why she wouldn't be returning or what exactly was going on. She simply told Kyon she would not be returning and that was it.

kyon10.jpg

"...?!"

So much info to read.

So little time to process.

When asked about what the hell Kyon had gone through those two months ago, in that weird Russian camp, Asahina and Koizumi weren't able to make heads or tails of it. Of course Nagato would have the answer! He knew it was the same from the usage of the phrase "Murder Game," one that was familiar to him, as he discovered when he first noticed Nagato's disappearance. Still, when his heart rose up in hope upon reading those words, having expected her to imply that she'd return, considering she was alive and well enough to send a message, it sunk just as quickly upon reading the revelation just a few words later. His eyes widened, practically in horror, as his brain struggled to comprehend the digital words before him.

Never... again...? Nagato...

No! No, no, what the hell! Oh, come on! Kyon thought in desperate frustration as he angrily grabbed the computer monitor upon instinct, gritting his teeth as he tried to come to terms with this. After everything they had gone through together, after everything she had done for him... He never got a chance to pay her back for everything!

Anger boiled inside him like a cooking pot, especially once he realized that his attempts to accept the situation were futile. Helplessness drove him to nearly throw an open tantrum like a petulant child, but he was wise enough, even in this heated moment, to know that doing so wasn't going to do anything.

That's right.

Sorry, Nagato... but to hell with your goodbye! I'm going to do something about this!

A moment of realization hit Kyon like a brick wall, and in the blink of an eye, his anger was replaced by determination. A heavy will to act. And the knowledge to carry out a plan that he had devised just for occasions like this. It was his last resort. It was his only resort.

With burning resolve, he pounded his fingers on the keyboard, furiously typing a response to Yuki's words.​

> I will find you! This isn't goodbye, Yuki. Don't forget the promise I made to you back then. This time, I'll save you!_

Entering the message into the computer with that, all he could do was hope for a response from Nagato.

Intending to make good on his word, Kyon burned with resolve to be the one to save Nagato, after all the times that she had saved him. He would bring her back no matter what, even if it meant changing everything forever.

yuki-nagato-yuki-nagato-6824213-100-100.jpg

For a moment or two after Kyon would type his own message, the only movement he would see on his screen was that of the curser blinking. Nagato stalled in her reply. It may have either been due to the fact she had to think over her response or that she could feel the bus shifting to a stop. The alien lifted to her feet when the bus driver called her name, an untraceable flicker of hesitation in her golden brown eyes. She began to walk for the door, yet as slow as humanly possible so she would have time to relay yet another message to Kyon with her mind.
Yuki.N> My worth is little in comparison to the task you must continue in my place. My return is not an option. The Overmind requests my presence to review the errors I've made over time._

There was a pause. After the pause, the message Kyon would see on the screen would slowly be erased and replaced with a new one. It was a message of secret longing, a rare glimmer of her own free will slipping through. Truthfully, Nagato wished...
Yuki.N> I will wait._

...that she could be saved.

She wanted to go back and live with everyone. Although she showed little emotion, Nagato did have desires of her own. But the selfless, unselfish alien girl rarely could find a means to express such desires. This tiny flicker of rebellion, saying she would wait for Kyon to save her, was as close as she had gotten in a long time.

The moment Nagato stepped off the bus, Kyon's computer screen would flicker. There was a chance he could send another message to her, but from that moment on Yuki was unreachable.

And just after this moment occurred, the center of the earth herself entered the room--just in time to miss any strange phenomena occurring around her as usual. Haruhi Suzumiya flung the door to the club room open, a massive stack of papers in her arms. She plopped the armload of papers onto a table and wiped her forehead, letting out a sigh. "Oh, Kyon, it's you." The Brunette glanced back at the door, tapping her foot against the floor impatiently. "Man, I hope the others get here soon! Today'll be the day we find Yuki, I just know it! We'll split up into groups and..."

Haruhi began to ramble on and on about various places where they would search for Nagato. In truth, from the moment she had gone missing the obnoxious brigade leader had made it her sworn oath to locate their missing member. She wouldn't rest until Yuki Nagato had been found safe! Despite the fact she was an eccentric, unorthodox person, Haruhi had a heart that truthfully did care for her friends. Even if she still had a few issues to work out.

"Oh, check out these posters I made! When people see these we'll get tons, no, hundreds of calls! People will just be begging to help us find her!"

When Kyon would read the poster he would see that it said...​

SOS Brigade!
Missing Person!

b6987011e08db9df843bb4ae36ca6bb0.png

Yuki Nagato
Property of the SOS Brigade
If found, please contact the SOS Brigade!

Turns out, the only picture Haruhi had to put on the poster was one from their time at the summer festival while Yuki had been wearing her mask... Sure, Haruhi treated Yuki more like a missing dog than a person, but she really did care. She desperately wanted to do something to help her friend, yet ironically felt powerless.

Kyon was dumbfounded, first by Yuki's surprising response, which he'd expected to be entirely about how useless it'd be to try to find her (which, granted, some of it was), and then before he knew it, the computer would go out, erasing his chance to type up any response.

He didn't even have a chance to be mad about it, as it was just then that the duchess herself would pop in, talking up her usual storm like she did everyday. If there was one good thing he was able to say about Haruhi Suzumiya, it was that she had conviction behind what she did. Every stupid little inane thing she had the S.O.S. Brigade do, she was genuinely passionate about, and the objective finding Nagato was no different, as she kept faith even when Kyon personally felt like it was starting to become useless.

tumblr_nrtvpqfwzV1u1wxpxo7_100.png

"..."

Aaaaaand he'd take all that back upon seeing the crudely made "missing" posters that Haruhi had made for Yuki.

How is anyone even gonna recognize her? Then again, it's pointless to ask...

The sad part was, putting those posters all around town was, while maybe not as effective, probably not was dumb as the move Kyon was about to make. As he once said to himself back on that fateful Christmas season, someone who thought what Kyon was about to do, even if that someone was him, was a good idea had to be "ten times more dense than Haruhi." And yet, maybe it was this stupidity, this willingness to go through with a last first resort to save just one individual, one person who mattered just as much as anyone else, was what made Kyon unique in the eyes of the alien, the time traveler, and the esper.

He was human.

Drawing a sigh, he'd take a deep breath, having used the time Haruhi spent rambling on about her plan to patrol the city to find Nagato to plan out a certain little speech he had in his head, hence his general silence during the ordeal. Putting down the poster he had taken onto the table, he'd look down at the floor, giving a small pause at first. He could practically feel his heart beating against the inner walls of his chest, like he was about to die from anxiety.

Oh, but he couldn't die just yet, could he? He had a goddess to appease, and more importantly, he had a friend to save.

"Say... Suzumiya. Random question, but..." Kyon began, standing on his feet as he'd begin to talk, coming face to face with her.

"Do you remember this one guy you met when you were little? This little someone named..."

"John Smith?"

And then, from there, nothing would ever be the same again.

But whether or not it was worth it, Kyon would have to decide for himself sooner or later.

To Be Continued in Illusion Game IV...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.