Status
Not open for further replies.
The Splicer near Nier would parry his sword with his Pipe. It screeched before Nier finally scratched it.

Then, the AMCAR Rifle would be unloaded.The Splicers would let out a shriek, before succumbing to bullets and collapsing to the ground. Several more would come up, but Subject Sigma would take care of them and point forward.

When the bolt launched, so did some electricity from the Splicer's hand. It crackled through the air towards Reyna. Reyna rolled out of the way, and when she stood up, she had a small singe in her hair. The splicer's body, meanwhile, would begin thumping down the stairs. "Mother... I'm sorry I failed you." It growled.

Reyna and Skyla began running up the stairs. They burst out of the room. "Let's go!" Reyna would say, hurriedly. "Let's kick the ass of Arachne!" Sigma would begin running just ahead of her.

Meanwhile, Porter would come up on the Intercom. "Do you have the keys? If so, follow Sigma. He should lead you to where you need to go." He said. "I trust you all will do well. Good luck." He said before signing off. The rest of the trip was quiet. No taunts, no music, no Splicer screams. Just the echoes of the abandoned Warehouse.

When the group would reach the door, Reyna would grab the two keycards and insert them. The door opened with a hiss. The first room behind it would have several banks of computers with blinking lights. Desks were set up. Wires were all over the room. You could hear Arachne laughing in the next room.

The Thinker was the first thing you saw.

latest

A large computer blinking, tesla coils whirring. But it was covered in large webs. Similar to those found on the painting of Minerva in the Executive Offices. So was the replica of Rodin's The Thinker that stood in the room.

A scuttling sound could be heard around it. A shadow appeared on the wall, and then a woman with the lower half of a spider made her way around the webbed computer.

latest
"So, Rrrrreyna." A voice said, rolling the 'R', "You finally made it. Welcome to Minerva's Den. It's All MINE!" She said.

Reyna would push past Sigma. "Arachne! I thought you were in Tartarus!"

"Oh, Reyna... I was, for a time.Then, I was resurrected like all monsters, and I ended up here. I wanted an opportunity to stick it to Minerva, or, Athena." She cackled. "So I took this place. By the way, how's Annabeth?"

Reyna gripped her spear. "She's doing fine. They defeated Gaea, that's all you need to know."

Arachne smiled. "Good, Reyna, now, DIE!" A bronze knife would hurl towards the group, only to get lodged in Reyna's shoulder. Reyna dropped her spear, making it cause a loud clatter. A green ooze was around the wound.

Reyna managed to crawl back behind Sigma. "G-get her..." She said weakly. She clutched her shoulder.

"That's Celestial Bronze coated in my venom. She'll die soon if she doesn't get help. You better defeat me fast." Arachne said with her cackle.

The time to act was now.

@Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters @A Tiny Fool @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Chris Lang @Minerva's Den @The Final Battle against Arachne
leekwangsoo.jpg

Kwangsoo was so scared that his betrayer instincts kicked in and attempted to push someone to the front before running away. That pushed person's name? Nier.

@Gummi Bunnies i'm so sorry @Minerva @others​

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Minerva
tumblr_o91mteE7cr1v3qowuo6_100.png

"... if that's it, harming those that I need to protect, then I'll cut you down like all the rest!"

Given that Arachne would take awhile to take down, Nier supposed that his Nameless Blade wouldn't do so well here. From there, he stuck with the Beastlord, but with such a large great sword, he needed a good opening. Surely there had to be a way to find a opening, but how so...

tumblr_o95yw9w9Yc1v3qowuo2_100.png

"So... can anyone give me a boost into the air?"

With a single question, Nier had a plan, or at least a way to deal some good hits onto her.

@Nater Taters @A Tiny Fool @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Chris Lang @Minerva's Den @The Final Battle against Arachne​
Niko had been fairly quiet through-ought the trip into Minerva's Den. When they had finally had reached the Thinker, he paused a moment to stare down the hideous monster known as Arachne. He nearly fell over in fear, he had dealt with a lot of shit in Liberty City, but this ...thing was something else.

Without a word, Niko lept into action , opening up on the monster known as Arachne with his Glock.

@Minerva
@Gummi Bunnies
@A Tiny Fool
@Chris Lang
@Xx420BLAZEITxX
Mystique wasted no time in firing an electric bolt from her crossbow, followed by a flame bolt from the crossbow.

Reyna, it seemed, had failed as a leader. Mystique felt that Reyna should have discussed strategy before finally confronting Arachne, instead of just rushing in without a plan. But the damage was done, and now was not the time to berate anyone. It was now time to finish this sidequest with Arachne once and for all.

@Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters @A Tiny Fool @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Chris Lang @Minerva's Den @The Final Battle against Arachne
leekwangsoo.jpg

Kwangsoo was so scared that his betrayer instincts kicked in and attempted to push someone to the front before running away. That pushed person's name? Nier.

@Gummi Bunnies i'm so sorry @Minerva @others​
latest

"Alright, Swanna! Let's go!" Skyla would shout. "I'll stay back here with Reyna, Swanna will take care of combat for me!" Skyla said. She crouched over Reyna, and began to pull the knife out. She looked up. "Alright, use Ice Beam!"

Meanwhile, Sigma would glance at Nier and pick him up in the large hand he had. He made a sound, and looked at Nier.

Meanwhile, Arachne would get hit by the bullets, Swanna's Ice beam, and the electrified bolt. The bolt would give her a shock, and Ice beam freeze part of her, But, her wounds would heal again. "See? You all can't hurt me! I'm Arachne! Goddess of spiders! And there's no FIATs and Pits to Tartarus this time!" She laughed, and moved closer, this time shooting a web at Mystique.

Reyna would groan in pain. "Gold... And bronze... They're... Effective against her..." She said. "My spear..." She said, pointing.

Kwangsoo would trip over Reyna's spear, and knock into a web, revealing a screen with a game. The screen read Spitfire, and appeared to be some sort of primitive video game. Kwangsoo could play it if he didn't want to fight.

latest

"Alright, Swanna! Let's go!" Skyla would shout. "I'll stay back here with Reyna, Swanna will take care of combat for me!" Skyla said. She crouched over Reyna, and began to pull the knife out. She looked up. "Alright, use Ice Beam!"

Meanwhile, Sigma would glance at Nier and pick him up in the large hand he had. He made a sound, and looked at Nier.

Meanwhile, Arachne would get hit by the bullets, Swanna's Ice beam, and the electrified bolt. The bolt would give her a shock, and Ice beam freeze part of her, But, her wounds would heal again. "See? You all can't hurt me! I'm Arachne! Goddess of spiders! And there's no FIATs and Pits to Tartarus this time!" She laughed, and moved closer, this time shooting a web at Mystique.

Reyna would groan in pain. "Gold... And bronze... They're... Effective against her..." She said. "My spear..." She said, pointing.

Kwangsoo would trip over Reyna's spear, and knock into a web, revealing a screen with a game. The screen read Spitfire, and appeared to be some sort of primitive video game. Kwangsoo could play it if he didn't want to fight.
Mystique quickly fired at the web with a flame bolt, hoping to burn the web. She also leaped to the side.

Mystique at this point had no other ideas. She couldn't think of any form she could shapeshift into that would help. All she could do was dodge Arachne's counter-attacks and try to get the opportunity to use Arachne's weakness against her.

Gold and bronze? Was the spear the only source of those, or were there more?

@Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters @A Tiny Fool @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Minerva's Den @The Final Battle against Arachne

Nier was startled a bit by Kwangsoo pushing him forward, but that didn't matter as Sigma picked him up. Well, that would do. Before he could give the signal, Nier took note of Reyna's tip.

"Gold, huh? ... Good thing I kept Beastlord equipped in my arsenal then."

As he said this, Nier clutched at the greatsword's hilt. little did the others know that this greatsword was crafted with gold. There was no more time for keeping in one place.

"Now!"

Nier gave Sigma the signal, and as soon as he would be thrown into the air, Arachne would see this particular swordsman aiming for a fatal helm splitter.

RmAyedL.gif

@Minerva @Chris Lang @Nater Taters @Bomb @A Tiny Fool @Xx420BLAZEITxX

Reactions: Chris Lang
latest

"Aigoo!" Kwangsoo blurted out as he tripped. When he recovered his senses, he noticed the game, but shortly after, ignored it because he needed to get away from whatever was there.

@the silver paladin​

latest

Niko growled in frustration as his glock didn't seem to do it's job, perfect. Now what was he supposed to do, he could try and get in close with his switchblade, but that would be pure suicide.

Niko took heed to what Reyna said, gold or bronze, now where the hell would they find something gold or bronze?

Niko noticed Reyna's spear, maybe that could be used for the battle.

Niko made a break for the spear, making sure to move as quickly as he could.

@Minerva
@A Tiny Fool
@Chris Lang
@Gummi Bunnies

Mystique quickly fired at the web with a flame bolt, hoping to burn the web. She also leaped to the side.

Mystique at this point had no other ideas. She couldn't think of any form she could shapeshift into that would help. All she could do was dodge Arachne's counter-attacks and try to get the opportunity to use Arachne's weakness against her.

Gold and bronze? Was the spear the only source of those, or were there more?

@Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters @A Tiny Fool @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Minerva's Den @The Final Battle against Arachne
Nier was startled a bit by Kwangsoo pushing him forward, but that didn't matter as Sigma picked him up. Well, that would do. Before he could give the signal, Nier took note of Reyna's tip.

"Gold, huh? ... Good thing I kept Beastlord equipped in my arsenal then."

As he said this, Nier clutched at the greatsword's hilt. little did the others know that this greatsword was crafted with gold. There was no more time for keeping in one place.

"Now!"

Nier gave Sigma the signal, and as soon as he would be thrown into the air, Arachne would see this particular swordsman aiming for a fatal helm splitter.

RmAyedL.gif

@Minerva @Chris Lang @Nater Taters @Bomb @A Tiny Fool @Xx420BLAZEITxX
Niko growled in frustration as his glock didn't seem to do it's job, perfect. Now what was he supposed to do, he could try and get in close with his switchblade, but that would be pure suicide.

Niko took heed to what Reyna said, gold or bronze, now where the hell would they find something gold or bronze?

Niko noticed Reyna's spear, maybe that could be used for the battle.

Niko made a break for the spear, making sure to move as quickly as he could.

@Minerva
@A Tiny Fool
@Chris Lang
@Gummi Bunnies

The fire would burn the web, and the embers would start to burn through several more webs, causing what looked like cocoons to drop down. These were also burning. At the sight, Arachne would grow angry. "My precious home! My children! What are you doing?" She screamed.

Nearby, the knife that Skyla pulled from Reyna would be on the ground. It was still coated in green venom and blood, but it seemed usable. There were also several bare, unused wires that appeared to be gold. If Mystique could take some and maybe tip a bolt with the metal, it might work.

Meanwhile, Sigma made a dash alongside Nier. The blade would land on the head of Arachne. Blood began to ooze from the large wound it caused. She began to cough up blood as well. It was a hit that would definitely killed a weaker monster.

"F-fools. You think... You can de-defeat me." Arachne would sputter. Swanna sent out another ice beam, freezing a leg to the floor.

Meanwhile, Niko would make it to the spear. It would change into a sword in his hands. A Roman Gladius. The standard sword of the Legions. However, it would still remain gold despite its appearance change.

Kwangsoo would find the doors blocked. However, he did manage to somehow turn on the emergency sprinkler which put out the flames. And get everybody wet.

Nier didn't say much else once he landed on the ground after landing that hit. With Arachne kept in place with that ice, he sped towards her to get more hits, now that she was weak. Sure, he was swinging this greatsword with a slow pace, but of course, it was going to deal some heavy hits due to it's mass.

@Minerva @ArachneFight​

The fire would burn the web, and the embers would start to burn through several more webs, causing what looked like cocoons to drop down. These were also burning. At the sight, Arachne would grow angry. "My precious home! My children! What are you doing?" She screamed.

Nearby, the knife that Skyla pulled from Reyna would be on the ground. It was still coated in green venom and blood, but it seemed usable. There were also several bare, unused wires that appeared to be gold. If Mystique could take some and maybe tip a bolt with the metal, it might work.

Meanwhile, Sigma made a dash alongside Nier. The blade would land on the head of Arachne. Blood began to ooze from the large wound it caused. She began to cough up blood as well. It was a hit that would definitely killed a weaker monster.

"F-fools. You think... You can de-defeat me." Arachne would sputter. Swanna sent out another ice beam, freezing a leg to the floor.

Meanwhile, Niko would make it to the spear. It would change into a sword in his hands. A Roman Gladius. The standard sword of the Legions. However, it would still remain gold despite its appearance change.

Kwangsoo would find the doors blocked. However, he did manage to somehow turn on the emergency sprinkler which put out the flames. And get everybody wet.

Mystique grabbed several unused wires that appeared to be gold. She quickly grabbed a bolt, and tipped it with the wires.

She took careful aim, and fired at Arachne. Hopefully the gold would do the trick and cause further injury to the spider goddess.

@Minerva's Den

Niko was a little surprised that the spear was able to change into a sword, but that didn't matter right now, what did matter was that the sword was gold, and gold would be able to harm Arachne.

Niko noticed Swanna had frozen on of Arachne's legs to the floor. Niko smiled sadistically as he charged forward, slashing down on the frozen leg

@Minerva
@A Tiny Fool
@Gummi Bunnies
@Chris Lang

Nier didn't say much else once he landed on the ground after landing that hit. With Arachne kept in place with that ice, he sped towards her to get more hits, now that she was weak. Sure, he was swinging this greatsword with a slow pace, but of course, it was going to deal some heavy hits due to it's mass.

@Minerva @ArachneFight​
Mystique grabbed several unused wires that appeared to be gold. She quickly grabbed a bolt, and tipped it with the wires.

She took careful aim, and fired at Arachne. Hopefully the gold would do the trick and cause further injury to the spider goddess.

@Minerva's Den
Niko was a little surprised that the spear was able to change into a sword, but that didn't matter right now, what did matter was that the sword was gold, and gold would be able to harm Arachne.

Niko noticed Swanna had frozen on of Arachne's legs to the floor. Niko smiled sadistically as he charged forward, slashing down on the frozen leg

@Minerva
@A Tiny Fool
@Gummi Bunnies
@Chris Lang

While Swanna flapped around and attacked Arachne, freezing her legs, and scalding her, Arachne began screaming in pain. Niko's sword ran through her frozen leg, causing it to fall off, and covering Niko in spider lady blood. She screamed out in even worse pain, to the point where your ears would hurt.

Noses sword slashes would cause even further damage, ripping and tearing. All the blood coalescing into a pool on the floor. And then, Mystique's Gold tipped bolts. Her body would shudder. "You... You... I'll get my revenge..." She said. "I can't be defeated AGAIN!" She screamed. Sigma walked up, and put her out of her misery by headbutting her. Arachne's crumpled form would fall to the ground. Some venom mixed with her blood and the water on the floor.

Dust and spiderwebs covered the Thinker's main Operation panel. Once that was brushed aside, a screen would be shown. A sheet would begin printing somewhere off in a corner. It was a long punchcard, filled with data that would need to be decoded.

Finally, a voice came on the intercom again. "This is Charles Milton Porter again. I have something to say. Thank you all for getting my life's work." He sighed. "But, I'm not actually the creator. That would be Sigma. I am The Thinker itself. Sigma is the actual Porter." The Big Daddy would look down at the ground. "He was imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit, and turned into one of the prototypes for the Big Daddy, the Sigma of the Alpha-Series. I guided you and him through here. Thank you." The document would finish printing. Sigma would walk over to a blackboard with various math equations.

subject_sigma_by_rapturestatic-d4oj4ho.png

Music began to play over the intercom. Something recognizable. Chopin's most famous piece:

Porter (or rather, The Thinker.) would speak once again. "Don't worry about him. He'll remain here just fine. You need to get Reyna out. She'll die if she doesn't get some sort of medicine soon."

Reyna would groan on the floor and Skyla would look up. She would return Swanna to its Pokeball. "He's right, we need to get her treatment. What do you all say?"

While Swanna flapped around and attacked Arachne, freezing her legs, and scalding her, Arachne began screaming in pain. Niko's sword ran through her frozen leg, causing it to fall off, and covering Niko in spider lady blood. She screamed out in even worse pain, to the point where your ears would hurt.

Noses sword slashes would cause even further damage, ripping and tearing. All the blood coalescing into a pool on the floor. And then, Mystique's Gold tipped bolts. Her body would shudder. "You... You... I'll get my revenge..." She said. "I can't be defeated AGAIN!" She screamed. Sigma walked up, and put her out of her misery by headbutting her. Arachne's crumpled form would fall to the ground. Some venom mixed with her blood and the water on the floor.

Dust and spiderwebs covered the Thinker's main Operation panel. Once that was brushed aside, a screen would be shown. A sheet would begin printing somewhere off in a corner. It was a long punchcard, filled with data that would need to be decoded.

Finally, a voice came on the intercom again. "This is Charles Milton Porter again. I have something to say. Thank you all for getting my life's work." He sighed. "But, I'm not actually the creator. That would be Sigma. I am The Thinker itself. Sigma is the actual Porter." The Big Daddy would look down at the ground. "He was imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit, and turned into one of the prototypes for the Big Daddy, the Sigma of the Alpha-Series. I guided you and him through here. Thank you." The document would finish printing. Sigma would walk over to a blackboard with various math equations.

Music began to play over the intercom. Something recognizable. Chopin's most famous piece:

Porter would speak once again. "Don't worry about him. He'll remain here just fine. You need to get Reyna out. She'll die if she doesn't get some sort of medicine soon."

Reyna would groan on the floor and Skyla would look up. She would return Swanna to its Pokeball. "He's right, we need to get her treatment. What do you all say?"
"We should find the right treatment soon, for her sake." Mystique said. "If she lives through this, then maybe next time she won't just rush in without a plan."

@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @A Tiny Fool

Porter (or rather, The Thinker.) would speak once again. "Don't worry about him. He'll remain here just fine. You need to get Reyna out. She'll die if she doesn't get some sort of medicine soon."

Niko stood to his feet, his clothes, his hair, everything caked with the blood of the spider lady

"Ugh... disgusting." He muttered as tried to rid himself of the nasty red fluid. He would defiantly need a shower after this was said and done. He noticed Reyna was in pretty bad condition.

"I agree with what the others are saying, let's get hell out of here and get her to a doctor or something." He said

@Minerva
@A Tiny Fool
@Chris Lang
@Gummi Bunnies

"We should find the right treatment soon, for her sake." Mystique said. "If she lives through this, then maybe next time she won't just rush in without a plan."

@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @A Tiny Fool
"Then let's hurry and get her the needed treatment."

With the fight now over, Nier sheathed his sword, and now concerned over the matter of Reyna's condition. No matter what, they had to rush back to get her treated...

@Minerva @Bomb @Chris Lang @A Tiny Fool @Nater Taters @Xx420BLAZEITxX
Niko stood to his feet, his clothes, his hair, everything caked with the blood of the spider lady

"Ugh... disgusting." He muttered as tried to rid himself of the nasty red fluid. He would defiantly need a shower after this was said and done. He noticed Reyna was in pretty bad condition.

"I agree with what the others are saying, let's get hell out of here and get her to a doctor or something." He said

@Minerva
@A Tiny Fool
@Chris Lang
@Gummi Bunnies

The Thinker, using Porter's voice, would begin to speak again. "I wish you all good luck." It said. "And once again, thank you." While everyone would go over to Reyna, Skyla would retrieve the punchcard containing the info on how to leave Rapture. She returned.

Reyna was in a bad condition. Her complexion was now pale. She was shaking slightly. Blood and green venom oozed out of the wound in her shoulder. If you touched her, her skin would feel smooth, cold, and waxy. She probably had about two hours before her condition worsened. Sigma would walk over to her, and point at the door. Telling them to go.

"Alright, let's go." Skyla said, grabbing Reyna's head to stabilize it.

Another power chord and howl from the Siren met the firestorm head on, splitting it apart like the red sea and making a bitching metal background as it cascaded like waves on either side of the stage. Fingering an anchor necklace around her neck, she smiled as she saw Keaton and Clare trying to push through the crowd to get to her and she snapped her fingers.

And then a band of demons joined in and it sounded something like this.

the-man-behind-the-awesome-flamethrower-guitar-player-in-mad-max-fury-road-is-a-popular-australian-musician.jpg

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!"

That seemed to be the final straw, the dancers growing claws and jagged teeth as they howled and swarmed Mae, Keaton and Clare with sheer fury, driven by the music.

------

The Dreadnought smacked away the newly mutated dancers in its way, deep laughter errupting from its speakers and as Samael and Winslow swooped down it spoke.

"YES! ROCK WITH ME! ROCK IN THE ETERNAL, UNENDING CONCERT OF THE WARP!"

And once more, the subwoofer blared as it turned head on for Winslow and Samael, the sound attack even in periphery enough to make eardrums bleed before it staggered, as the missiles of the old soldier hit it.

Lightning cascaded off it, but the charge was too weak...And the pain? Well....

"YES! YES! MORE, DARK GODS GIVE ME MORE!"

And the other arm came up as the whir of an ancient but still deadly bolter hummed into action.

cM90Bt.gif

Right before it curved in an arc, seeking out the others who had been attacking it.

---------

It was chaos, even from within the corner where Ty Lee, the majority of the kids and McCree were. Stray bolter rounds put holes above their heads and the band still continued to rock as the dancers trampled, slashed or otherwise rushed to die in the path of the gun or the subwoofer. It was a carnival of madness, only equaled by one, still in the future for at least one of their party.

And even they were not exempt as they surged forward for them.

@Crow @Hana @Sen @Jeremi @Yun Lee @T.O.M. @Takumi @Kaykay @Crimson Spartan @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers

Fire was blocked but perhaps an ice spell would do the trick? Mae's hands swirled with ethereal energy as she conjured up a volley of snow and icicles had she sent flying towards the foes coming down on the trio.

@Crow @Hana @Sen @Ringmaster @Yun Lee @T.O.M. @Takumi @Kaykay @Crimson Spartan @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers

Another power chord and howl from the Siren met the firestorm head on, splitting it apart like the red sea and making a bitching metal background as it cascaded like waves on either side of the stage. Fingering an anchor necklace around her neck, she smiled as she saw Keaton and Clare trying to push through the crowd to get to her and she snapped her fingers.

And then a band of demons joined in and it sounded something like this.

the-man-behind-the-awesome-flamethrower-guitar-player-in-mad-max-fury-road-is-a-popular-australian-musician.jpg

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!"

That seemed to be the final straw, the dancers growing claws and jagged teeth as they howled and swarmed Mae, Keaton and Clare with sheer fury, driven by the music.

------

The Dreadnought smacked away the newly mutated dancers in its way, deep laughter errupting from its speakers and as Samael and Winslow swooped down it spoke.

"YES! ROCK WITH ME! ROCK IN THE ETERNAL, UNENDING CONCERT OF THE WARP!"

And once more, the subwoofer blared as it turned head on for Winslow and Samael, the sound attack even in periphery enough to make eardrums bleed before it staggered, as the missiles of the old soldier hit it.

Lightning cascaded off it, but the charge was too weak...And the pain? Well....

"YES! YES! MORE, DARK GODS GIVE ME MORE!"

And the other arm came up as the whir of an ancient but still deadly bolter hummed into action.

cM90Bt.gif

Right before it curved in an arc, seeking out the others who had been attacking it.

---------

It was chaos, even from within the corner where Ty Lee, the majority of the kids and McCree were. Stray bolter rounds put holes above their heads and the band still continued to rock as the dancers trampled, slashed or otherwise rushed to die in the path of the gun or the subwoofer. It was a carnival of madness, only equaled by one, still in the future for at least one of their party.

And even they were not exempt as they surged forward for them.

@Crow @Hana @Sen @Jeremi @Yun Lee @T.O.M. @Takumi @Kaykay @Crimson Spartan @CrunchyCHEEZIT @C.T. @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers
Clare snarled and began to swing, thrust, and cut into the dancers, occasionally pushing one into the claws of another or pushing them back with the flat end of her blade. She found them a nuisance so far. She noticed the necklace on the singer's neck that happened to be an anchor. It seems that her suspicions were right.

@Ringmaster @Jeremi @Yun Lee @CCC Kouhai @T.O.M. @Crow @C.T. @Sen @Hana @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Crimson Spartan @Anybody I missed
Soldier: 76 would land on his back with a rough grunt, growling as he watched his rockets do minimal damage to the target. It was another case just like that 'cyberdemon' back in the Talon base; that being, its something that 76 has no goddamn clue how to beat. Whatever he did, it seemed to only make it happier. Getting back up on his feet, he loaded another set of helix rockets into the under-barrel of the pulse rifle. A defensive position is in order, at least until the team can figure out how to beat it.

76 looked around the room, spotting McCree. In a wounded position, sitting near a group of kids, as a swarm of the demented dancers approached them like hungry animals.

Jack Morrison would then proceed to take full control.

*BRATATATATATATATA*

tumblr_o6bd2guJv01qzh2aio8_500.gif

The old soldier would break into a full-on sprint towards the impending horde, faster than any normal man could muster, rolling under and over shattered tables and dead bodies and avoiding the sweeping gunfire of the Dreadnought. A ray of lightning-quick bullets flew over the soldiers head, but he didn't give a damn. The cold visor shone a bright red as he trained it on the dancers, unleashing a flurry of pulse munitions.

The lasers ripped through the dancers like a knife diving through hot butter, hopefully providing a distraction to the possessed dancers and turning them away from the wounded McCree. A good group of them would hopefully be cut down by the rifle, but they were most likely advancing on the soldier now that he had grabbed their attention. The nearest dancer to 76 would receive a vengeful strike to the skull, the metal butt of the pulse rifle slamming into their head and sending the mook sprawling to the ground.

Tossing the rifle to the ground, 76 cracked his knuckles and approached the rest, delivering his own brand of justice.

tumblr_o7l9xsr0qD1qjztgpo1_400.gif

One dancer was grabbed by the chest, hurled away a good feet and crashing into a pair of tables.

Spinning around, 76 then slammed his red glove into the jaw of another dancer, a sickening crack emitting from their shattered jaw as they were sent spinning backwards into the ground.

The last one was grabbed by the back of the head, the old soldier performing his own dance move; twirling around and roaring in rage as he smashed the pathetic minions head into the cold, bloody floor. The pent-up, unreleased anger was yet to be released in a simple head-smash, however. Soldier: 76 would bend over and grip the wooden leg of a toppled dinner table, tearing it off its base like a twig.

Walking over to the last dancer, 76 sent his boot slamming onto its spine, holding it down like a rabid animal as he proceeded to viciously beat this one, unfortunate dancer over the head with the table leg.

tumblr_o7lk0nmKEB1uxoyg0o5_540.gif

"DO!"

*SMASH*

"NOT!"

*SMASH*

"TOUCH!"

*SMASH*

"MY!"

*SMASH*

"TEAMMATES!"

tumblr_o7leorchxL1uk0x7eo1_500.gif

*SMASH*

Needless to say, the dancers head was rendered a pathetic pile of red meat.

@Crow @Hana @Sen @Jeremi @Yun Lee @T.O.M. @Takumi @Kaykay @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @C.T. @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers
Oh no.. .Not only were they getting rushed... But so were the children. Keaton didn't plan for this but that one moment of distraction. Had a dancer finding her claws meet their mark into his chest. He didn't move as said dancer found it hard to remove her claws from his chest before his own claws split the poor fool in half.

Keaton had nothing to say to anyone as 76 moved to save the children. Still it was noticeable.... Fury was fueling this Wolfskin as he ignored his wounds and counter charged the horde of dancers with fury like no other. He slashed, threw, and even bit into these dancers in a rage like no other. The last thing anyone wants to see is an unreasonable, uncontrollable Wolfskin but this was the state Keaton was in now. Rage and instincts took over as he tore through any dancer that got in his way to that siren bitch that caused this.

He was going to enjoy tearing her to shreds... Oh yes... on the inside he was smiling widely... an insane grin as the thought of tearing her to shreds crossed his mind. Keaton had to admit he enjoyed seeing blood flow from an open wound... The thrill of killing those around him was something he loved and usually he could contain it.... But not when someone was threatening to hurt Kana.

Oh no... you done fucked up if you were trying to hurt Kana or any of his friends

@Crow @Hana @Sen @Jeremi @Yun Lee @T.O.M. @Takumi @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ringmaster @C.T. @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers
sBkB9YK.png
Kana took a step back as the dancers approached, the scary men wearing masks becoming eerier and eerier by the second. She wasn't sure what was going on but her nose was telling her it was going to be bad. It took a single blink of an eye for the partying room full of laughter and clinking glasses to turn into utter chaos. Keaton had thrown himself towards the direction of the singer and the monster that had appeared. There were so many voices calling around her, it was hurting Kana's head.

Although she was behind Wadanohara, taking cover in her healing spell... other people were fighting. She had to help them. McCree was already hurt, and the little girl couldn't take it anymore.

tumblr_o3lox4iCs01ufyhkuo1_500.png

"LEAVE US ALONE! GRAAAGH-​

A deafening and angry roar shuddered the room as she charged forward to help 76, slamming two dancers with her front legs, sending them rolling back like a human barrel. The low growl coming from the 'cute little girl' was a definite sign she was not happy.

@Crow @Hana @Jeremi @Yun Lee @T.O.M. @Takumi @Kaykay @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @C.T. @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers @CrunchyCHEEZIT
latest

The witch cringed openly at that hellish noise before she drew back quickly. All around them the dancers had turned savage, forcing her to draw back and call forth a series of anchors to drop and crash into the dancers."Anchor attack!" Wadanohara almost reached out to pull Kana back when the small girl, but one look at the dragonchild's face told her enough. They were all going to have to fight.

Taking a deep breath the witch swung out her staff, levitating it and quickly getting on, soaring more above the dancers to get away from them. Trailing after Kana, she kept an eye on the girl and covered for any blind spots by summoning small shields that held for a few seconds, enough to just keep away the dancers. She spotted Keaton and McCree, who were already hurt, and letting go of her tight grip on her staff, the witch clasped her hands together and uttered, "Healing Tone." The witch started radiating a pale blue glow around her body. A gentle tinkling of bells would resound throughout the area and help close and knit together the fighters' wounds, particularly Keaton and McCree.
latest

Wadanohara held the spell for as long as she could, drawing it out to keep on constantly healing her friends and allies before she would lose control. The staff wavered worryingly over Kana as the witch tipped over the side, fatigue taking over. She only had time to reach out and grab onto her staff before she fell from quite a height.

@Crow @Sen @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @OrlandoBloomers @BarrenThin

Clare snarled and began to swing, thrust, and cut into the dancers, occasionally pushing one into the claws of another or pushing them back with the flat end of her blade. She found them a nuisance so far. She noticed the necklace on the singer's neck that happened to be an anchor. It seems that her suspicions were right.
Keaton had nothing to say to anyone as 76 moved to save the children. Still it was noticeable.... Fury was fueling this Wolfskin as he ignored his wounds and counter charged the horde of dancers with fury like no other. He slashed, threw, and even bit into these dancers in a rage like no other. The last thing anyone wants to see is an unreasonable, uncontrollable Wolfskin but this was the state Keaton was in now. Rage and instincts took over as he tore through any dancer that got in his way to that siren bitch that caused this.

He was going to enjoy tearing her to shreds... Oh yes... on the inside he was smiling widely... an insane grin as the thought of tearing her to shreds crossed his mind. Keaton had to admit he enjoyed seeing blood flow from an open wound... The thrill of killing those around him was something he loved and usually he could contain it.... But not when someone was threatening to hurt Kana.

Oh no... you done fucked up if you were trying to hurt Kana or any of his friends
Fire was blocked but perhaps an ice spell would do the trick? Mae's hands swirled with ethereal energy as she conjured up a volley of snow and icicles had she sent flying towards the foes coming down on the trio.
Blood flew and the lead singer Daemonette smiled as she saw the fury exhibited by Keaton and Clare. In a flash of warpfire, she teleported away as the ice storm came down on the band. Instruments crumbled and twisted without her protection and the lesser Daemonette's screamed aloud in pain.

"Yeessss, come."

She appeared before the two and was as an ancient goddess, primal and lusting for sacrifice. Her hands shifted into claws, like the savage scissors of a crab and her eyes were alight with corruption.

Her wings flicked open, bat-like and a spined tongue slipped from her lips as she seemed to become vaster, more larger-then life then on the stage. And in this form, she spoke in a voice that mocked lovers and embraced endless pleasure.

"I think its time we ended this."

Clare's blade was grabbed mid-swing by her claw, the Daemonette looking into the Claymore's eyes as a flash of something appeared before Clare's eyes. A vision, drawn from her heart and meant to inflict pain- As well as act as a distraction. It was enough at least for her to laugh and flick her suddenly longer tongue to slice along Clare's cheek, the Daemonette laughing heartily as she deformed the quiet beauty, taking deep pleasure in the act.

Keaton was treated more roughly, as he let his violent side take over him. Which in a realm of chaos united was not the best of ideas. In that split second as he came, he left himself open mentally, Khorne briefly filling him with power. It drew the attention of the Slaneesh daemonette and made her take him seriously.

Which was why she ripped off his left arm in retaliation as he slashed at her, though she staggered back with an outcry of rage.

"YOU MUTT, MY BEAUTIFUL FACE!!"

He had managed to hit her where it hurt and now, she was angry enough to kill.
Its master safely inside it, the snake took to the air, flying forwards into the blast of sound from the subwoofer and the rain of gunfire falling upon it. But no matter how much damage it took, it persevered, unwilling to be hampered by mere damage. Accelerating for the short time frame in which it had to move, its massive body ramming into the machine's own. Then as the machine was forced to deal with that, Samael flew right out of the snake's body, soaring higher into the sky.

She twirled her scythe around in the air, which was notably missing the blue spiral that was normally around it, before pointing it downwards.

"Come, serpent of fire!"

The red spiral on her scythe disappeared as well, replaced by a second gargantuan serpent.

92jUJBw.jpg

Clad in fire, the second serpent descended upon the machine, composed entirely of flames hot enough to melt by proximity.

One could think of it as a strategy, fighting off the giant machine while the others kept each other safe and took down the weaker dancers and such. But with the smile Samael wore upon unleashing her serpents on the enemy, it could just as easily seem as if she simply enjoyed the battle itself.
I made my charge, running in with a fierce cry in the name of the God-Emperor and my fellow man, swerving through any and all opposition. Once and twice I ducked under the hail of bolter rounds, throwing myself flat against whatever cover I could find amid my approach. Call me pragmatic, soulless, inconsiderate, but I took care to reduce my profile and allow my allies to distract its attention where possible. It sought pleasure by pain and it would find it in those willing to contribute it to its endeavor. There was the one discrepancy in my thoughts here, I admit.

It wasn't difficult to notice a glowing plasma sword like the one in my hand.

Which was more than enough to behoove me to keep on the move, alternating between throwing caution to the wind and safely advancing with all haste. Soon as I neared, I'd have made the effort to swipe at the joint sitting above its armored shins, exposed from below in a thin strip. It would be a difficult stroke of the blade. But I'd confidence, I was after all a better swordsman than I was a marksman. My gambit comprised the idea of removing one leg one or two or three strokes, if necessary, and therefore removing its mobility and battlefield presence. From there, if it worked, I'd cautiously move to operate on the fallen Chaos Marine with lethal prejudice as if he was a meager prisoner of the Inquisition submitted to summary execution. It would be more akin to surgery, clefting my way through the adamantium armor that formed the sarcophagus and barred my way inside to the crippled Chaos Marine.

Such were my thoughts, such was my hope. But I always made sure to remember: no well-made plan survived first contact with the enemy. Especially a Chaos Dreadnought.
While the plasma sword would have earned a heavy bolter, it was hard to concentrate when a big fire snake appeared. More so, after being staggered from the prior attack. So even as it fired its subwoofer upwards to attack, the Plasma sword would have brought it down to its knees.

From there, it would be shortly taken down in the pandemonium.
The witch cringed openly at that hellish noise before she drew back quickly. All around them the dancers had turned savage, forcing her to draw back and call forth a series of anchors to drop and crash into the dancers."Anchor attack!" Wadanohara almost reached out to pull Kana back when the small girl, but one look at the dragonchild's face told her enough. They were all going to have to fight.

Taking a deep breath the witch swung out her staff, levitating it and quickly getting on, soaring more above the dancers to get away from them. Trailing after Kana, she kept an eye on the girl and covered for any blind spots by summoning small shields that held for a few seconds, enough to just keep away the dancers. She spotted Keaton and McCree, who were already hurt, and letting go of her tight grip on her staff, the witch clasped her hands together and uttered, "Healing Tone." The witch started radiating a pale blue glow around her body. A gentle tinkling of bells would resound throughout the area and help close and knit together the fighters' wounds.

Wadanohara held the spell for as long as she could, drawing it out to keep on constantly healing her friends and allies before she would lose control. The staff wavered worryingly over Kana as the witch tipped over the side, fatigue taking over. She only had time to reach out and grab onto her staff before she fell from quite a height.​

"DO!"

*SMASH*

"NOT!"

*SMASH*

"TOUCH!"

*SMASH*

"MY!"

*SMASH*

"TEAMMATES!"

tumblr_o7leorchxL1uk0x7eo1_500.gif

*SMASH*

Needless to say, the dancers head was rendered a pathetic pile of red meat.
"LEAVE US ALONE! GRAAAGH-​
A deafening and angry roar shuddered the room as she charged forward to help 76, slamming two dancers with her front legs, sending them rolling back like a human barrel. The low growl coming from the 'cute little girl' was a definite sign she was not happy.
McCree laid supporting fire as best he could, though he stopped briefly when Jack proceeded to hit the dancer again and again and again. He wasn't sure whether to be scared, or impressed, though he was touched and hopeful either way. Maybe something really was left of Jack Morrison. He knew it. "Hey, boss? Good work." The cowboy stood up with another grimace. Probably made the break worse. "I ain't gonna be able to get in there like I could before, boss."
Anger. Violence.

Like Keaton before, Khorne was well pleased. Just a touch more...Protect your friends. Kill all in your path. No matter who they were.

Blood for the blood-

The world shattered.

From 1959, New Years eve to the more present Rapture the world began to crack and buckle under the strain of some unseen weight. Madness overtook the surviving dancers and the Dreadnought remains faded to dust as they crumbled. The lead Daemonette roared with intense rage, her skin cracking and shifting to stone.

The anchor! It was gone! Well, no matter. She sneered and ripped off the anchor necklace around her neck and held it aloft.

"COME FORTH, TWISTED-"

And then even that was deprived of her as it burst into blue flames, causing her to scream in rage at seeming betrayal before turning into stone.

And once more, they were back in the ruined rapture. The bodies off the fallen either becoming dust or bursting into blue flames. The only thing left behind, the stone daemonette. For those of a mystic or psychic bent, the dark presence that had once been over this city....It was gone.

They had succeeded and now the place began to groan under the stress of the violence.

It was time to go or suffer a watery grave.

----------

In the submarine, for those who looked behind they would see the park collapse under the pressure of the sea around it.

For those who looked more closely, they'd see something dark quickly speeding away. Something with lots of tentacles.

At any rate, it was over now and back to base they would go.

The Thinker, using Porter's voice, would begin to speak again. "I wish you all good luck." It said. "And once again, thank you." While everyone would go over to Reyna, Skyla would retrieve the punchcard containing the info on how to leave Rapture. She returned.

Reyna was in a bad condition. Her complexion was now pale. She was shaking slightly. Blood and green venom oozed out of the wound in her shoulder. If you touched her, her skin would feel smooth, cold, and waxy. She probably had about two hours before her condition worsened. Sigma would walk over to her, and point at the door. Telling them to go.

"Alright, let's go." Skyla said, grabbing Reyna's head to stabilize it.
Once the fight had finished, Houston would reload his AMCAR with a new magazine, noticing that one of his group was injured during the fight, their group leader, Reyna.

"That's a bad wound, we need to get you patched up before it gets worse." He said as he propped up Reyna onto his shoulder to aid her walk better.

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Chris Lang @Nater Taters @Bomb @A Tiny Fool

Final Chapter – Motion of the ocean

The groups after having accomplished their goals would have returned to the Resistance HQ for a situation report. Sadly not all of them had made it as both Lady Bow and Sheperd Book had perished during the ensuing chaotic battles.

In the corner, looking as exhausted and battle-weary as the rest would be Lucifer. His clothing was torn and his eyes lost, seemingly staring at nothing before he looked up. Relief was starkly revealed as he got up and looked ecstatic.

"You're alive! I feared the worse after my....Trials."

He shuddered and then looked sorrowful as he looked at Mae.

"Sabrina Spellmen is dead. She died a hero and without her help, I would not be here now."
Mae in turn would look solemnly into the ground. "Perhaps if I had been more strict with her she'd still...but she came through even in death. We will honor her among the M.E.U. that's for certain." Mae hadn't much else to say and would go and help Caira when vanilla Reyna was brought in. Injured, but luckily still alive. Then it was Symmetra's turn to recount their groups progress.

Even if the Fontaine Futuristics group had in all purposes failed the information about the sphere was very unsettling, and the death of Kinzie seemed to have shaken the Resistance to the core.

"That amulet was an Atlantean artifact from my world." Ya'wara replied as everyone had given their recounts of their respective missions. "It's power allows me to teleport to anywhere on the planet, but it had been inert on this world...even so I wanted to cut it off Handsome Jack's throat when he back stabbed us and stole it." Ya'wara clenched her fists in anger.

"Well it sounds like Jack's figured something out, what the fuck is he planning with that sphere thing?"

Caira was silent during all of this. It seemed like Kinzie's death had hurt her the most. Mae as well was silent. Laying the dark magic to rest had taken quite a bit out of her.

It was Symmetra that would speak up. "The large amount of energy that sphere was emitting...it felt like some sort of power source."

"Power source for what?" Reyna asked. "The city gets is power from the earth and the damn lava pits."

Before Reyna could get a response the entire place would start shaking as if they stood in the epicenter of an earthquake. "What the fuck is going on?!"

A member of the Resistance would come running towards the group. "Something's happening! The city is! Hurry please!"

Scrambling up from the secret passages into Apollo Square they would see what the shaking and panicking was all about.

The city of Rapture was slowly but steadily rising from the depths of the oceans. "What the fuck is going on?!" Reyna repeated much louder than the first time.

Caira would go right to the window and look on in amazement. "Jack's raising Rapture."

"Well duh! But how the fuck is he doing it?"

"The amulet." Symmetra replied. "The amulet combined with the sphere must have amplified its power. He's somehow using it as an anti gra-"

"Yeah yeah yeah." Reyna would cut her off. "Pseudo science bs the sides. What's his plan?"

The city had now emerged from the ocean and was still continuing its rise upwards. "Well it looks like we have not finished our ascent yet."

The group would just stand dumbstruck as they would suddenly see another city right in front of them.

latest

And that's when all hell broke loose. Artillery fire would be unleashed from Rapture on the new city in front of them.

It wasn't much after that the other city would retaliate with it's own.

"...What the fuck is going on here?"

"It looks like Rapture is unleashing hell on a city in the clouds."

"I was being rhetorical! Fuck! Shit just got really complicated. How are we even going to travel between sector's? The damn bathyspheres aren't gonna work, cause the only thing I can think of now is to do a hail Mary run on Point Prometheus and kick Handsome Jack in the dick!"

"The tram system!" Caira exclaimed. "It's attached by rails to all of Rapture! Those would still work, I'm sure of it!"

Reyna would sigh as she turned to the group. "Okay guys listen up! This is the la-!"

Reyna would once again be interrupted as Rapture would've crashed into to the other city sending dust and debris flying into the air. "Seems like there's a boarding party going. Anyway as I was saying...this will be our last stand against Jack! Caira will lead you to the trams. Me and everyone else are going to take back Rapture on the streets! You guys will head to Jack's base of operations in Point Prometheus. Caira will lead you. I don't think I have to say it but I will anyway. Don't fuck up on this. We only got one shot now! Good luck."

Ocelot just gave an encouraging hand gesture for the sake of your morale, on the side.

ocelot2.gif~c200

"Best of luck, Agents Anghelscu, Clare, and... uh, Ellis. And the rest of you. This is the moment of truth, people. Just remember this; you don't win, you don't go home. No pressure."

With that they would separate and head towards their destinations. The group would catch themselves a train that Caira and a couple of people in the Resistance had tinkered with and would now use the rail system to make a straight line towards Jack's base of operation. Looking through the windows of the train they could see fire and chaos erupting all around them. "Even with his Splicers and other nasties attacking that city, Jack's still going to have one or two trick up his sleeve. Getting to him wont be easy, but that's what we got to do to stop this madness."

It was time for them to take back this city.

~Cast List~
@A Tiny Fool as Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)
@Atomyk as Carol Peletier (The Walking Dead)
@BarrenThin as McCree (Overwatch)
@Bomb as Lee Kwang Soo (Running Man)
@CCC Kouhai as Viola (Witch's House)
@Chris Lang as Mystique (Marvel Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Keaton (Fire Emblem)
@Crow as Mirei Hayasaka (iDOLM@STER)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Soldier 76 (Overwatch)
@C.T. as Gwenpool (Marvel Comics)
@DBZ7 as Foo Fighters (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
@Ellya as Evie Frye (Assassin's Creed)
@Gummi Bunnies as Nier (NieR)
@Hana as Wadanohara (Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea)
@Indolent as Gregor Eisenhorn (Warhammer 40k)
@Josh M as Ellis (Left 4 Dead)
@Kaykay as Samael (Tokyo Babel)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Ayano Aishi (Yandere Simulator)
@Krieg as Tywin Lannister (Game of Thrones)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall (Teen Wolf)
@Minerva as Skyla (Pokemon)
@Nater Taters as Niko Bellic (Grand Theft Auto)
@OrlandoBloomers as Helena (Orphan Black)
@Raven as Mabel "Madea" Simmons (Madea)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Matthias Anghelscu (Murder Series)
@Ryu Keiko as Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
@Sen as Kana (Fire Emblem)
@T.O.M. as Winslow Leach "Phantom" (Phantom of the Paradise)
@Takumi as Clare (Claymore)
@Verite as Spider-Gwen (Marvel Comics)
@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Houston (Payday)
@Yang Lee as Marquis d'Caliber (Battleborn)
@Yata as Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge)
@york as Owlman (DC Comics)
@Yun Lee as Ty Lee (Avatar)

Casualties
@The Tactician as Jesse Custer - Dead, gunshot to the head
Cromartie Sarkissian as Francisco "Pistols" Scaramanga - Dead, died two times over by the hand of a man of God
Lissamel as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit - Dead, left behind
ScreamingWillows as Odette Stiller - Dead, left behind
@DapperDogman as Jacob Frye - Dead, explosion and plague flies
ShiroKiyoshi as Sean Grant - Dead, crushed
Mighty Roman as Lando Calrissian - Dead, crushed
Archmage Jeremiah as Lady Bow – Dead
Gwazi Magnum as Sheperd Brooke - Dead

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.