Status
Not open for further replies.
X4PCPXS.webp

"See you again, Roman Torchwick. Keep being the dirtiest conman ever," Djeeta nods. "Well, Shinobu-chan, let's get on the yellow vehicle... a 'bus' they called it?"

v5xJCTH.webp

"At least she's your friend, that's a good thing, right?"

amCItKy.webp

"Well Aran, we can still share some last moments on that yellow machine, if you'd like. Maybe tell each other a few stories of our life, while we're at it."

The sights seen through the bus' windows were pretty beautiful.

@Verite @Ringmaster @Yun Lee
"Eh?" Aran saw Gran join him on the bus again, and laughed heartily. "Right you are, lad! Say, you want to hear the story of how I was discovered as a boxer? All thanks to some idiot barista spelling my name wrong at Starbucks!"

-Aika Epilogue-
"Silence"

[Case File #4852]
31 October 2014

Onabe Momoji is reported to have left the Momoji household, effectively divorcing from his wife, Reina Momoji. His current location is unknown.

At roughly 10:00 PM, there were many reports that Reina had physically abused Aika, and left the young girl outside of the house late at night.

Many neighboring residents attempted to take Aika into their care until Reina had found her senses, but Aika strangely refused and walked off to the nearby forest. Some say that they heard faint laughter from Aika as she walked off with her doll.

Some time before midnight, loud commotion could be heard in the Momoji household, and the house had to be broken into as the front door was mysteriously locked. In the basement, the murdered corpse of Reina Momoji is to be found, left on the bed with an ax lodged into her skull.

The culprit is never to be identified, but there is small bloody footprints that lead into the forest.

01 November 2014

At 4:00 AM after extensive investigation on the murder of Reina Momoji, the discovery of small red shoes is found at the beach shoreline. Speculations lead to the assumption that Aika had committed suicide by drowning herself, as the shoes were her own. However, shortly after the discovery of her shoes, a small makeshift grave site is found on the beach shore, a shovel placed a distance away from the site.

Uncovering the grave revealed the corpse of Aika Momoji with her doll in her arms. The authorities concluded that Aika's "suicide" was more of a murder, and that the culprit had forcefully drowned her and buried her with her doll. The culprit has never been found out.

01 November 2015

A year after the Momoji serial murders case, which is still unsolved, a strange note has been found at Aika Momoji's grave site on the beach shoreline. This was the note's contents, despite being smudged by the beach waters and sand.

"Find the vessel of sin before this happens again."

The authorities cannot decipher this message, leaving this case to a cold front once again.

She-Hulk epilogue

After having returned home from the Gravity Falls indecent Jennifer Walter's life quickly returned to its regular schedule. It wasn't like universe travel and games of murder were anything out of the ordinary in the life of a superhero.

"So you fought a big Illuminati triangle and two murderous twins?"

"Uh-huh."

"Pfft, why do your weekends always beat mine?"

"Probably because I'm more high profile." She-Hulk would laugh in response to Patsy Walker aka Hellcats question. They would find themselves at the bar from where She-Hulk had been abducted the first time with She-Hulk sharing her tale with her friend.

"Ugh all I had was paper work...We should call up the gang for a night of dancing. You got A-Force and Carol on speed-dial?"

"You know that doesn't sound half bad." She'd raise her glass towards Patsy. "For friends!"

Patsy raised her glass in turn. "And for many more weird ass adventures to come!"

*CLING*

• Love
Reactions: Atomyk
Kuroko Shirai epilogue

After getting out of the bus the first thing Kuroko did was rush back to her dorm room and into the waiting embrace of her beloved Sissy.

"Sissy! I'm ba-! Huh?" To Kuroko's surprise the dorm looked practically untouched. Like no one had been there for weeks. And after Kuroko had ransacked the entire place it looked like a bomb had been dropped there. She needed to talk to someone...

Grabbing her phone she'd call Kazari Uiharu for a meet up. Awhile later they'd meet at Judgement HQ and Kuroko would get some shocking news.

tumblr_mubzfuD1HI1s5hqv2o1_500.gif

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SISSY'S MISSING?!" Kuroko shouted nearly cracking the windows.

"Umm...please try to calm down Kuroko." Uiharu pleaded with her friend. "We haven't seen Misaka in over a week."

"But but but...the only reason I was able to survive was to feel the sweet embrace of my Sissy!"

Uiharu would scratch her head awkwardly. "W-well, I'm sure she's okay. But what about you Kuroko? Where have you been Kuroko? We haven't seen you in days either!"

Kuroko then realized that she hadn't even told Uiharu about where she had been. "Oh...yeah right. So...there was this Carnival an-"

Before she could continue with her story Kuroko would be interrupted by a shout.

"U~I~HA~RU~!"

tumblr_mkwgso2uGW1qg9agso1_500.gif

Poor Uiharu's skirt had been flipped by the dastardly Ruiko Saten.

"Eeeek!"

After Uiharu had calmed down Kuroko would tell her tale to her friends. "And then I took the bus home." Kuroko finished. "And now you're telling me Sissy's gone?!"

The other two girls would just stare blank faced at Kuroko. "Well first things first. Sounds like you need a good nights sleep." Ruiko replied.

Uiharu nodded in agreement with her friend. "Yeah...we can try to figure this out first thing in the morning."

Kuroko would try to argue but they would have none of it and dragged her back to the dorm. Once she was laying in bed Kuroko's mind drifted to what was going on to her poor Sissy right now? She shuddered at the thought...perhaps tomorrow would bring her some clarity and she finally fell to sleep.

Was this an end...or a beginning?​

Juuryokumonogatari - Epilogue
rsrMP.jpg

死は人生の唯一の他の側面です。

Death is only the other side of life.

両方とも、他のと同じくらい貴重です。

Both are just as precious as the other.

And now, for the epilogue, or rather, the punch line.

nmg119.png

"Master, I'm quite tired, still. I demand that you carry me around."

nmg114.png

"What makes you think I'm not tired too? And can't you just rest up inside my shadow instead? It doesn't look very subtle when I'm carrying a little girl in my arms that looks nothing like me."

"Do it."

A day had passed ever since the so-called incident, and Koyomi Araragi, along with his sister Karen, and his associates Suruga Kanbaru and Ougi Oshino, were able to return home. Araragi didn't exactly know what to make of the incident as a whole, mostly because Shinobu didn't either. Evidently, even the Americans had their own deep history of monsters and oddities, so perhaps it was best to not try to become embroiled in that sort of stuff. The less known about things that didn't concern them, the better.

Earlier today, the two of them had went out for donuts, a prize that Shinobu felt that they had all deserved. Mostly her, but Koyomi was the one with the money, so he was allowed to have one or two as well.

sOSVv9M.gif

A smile that must be protected.

46Nko1W.png

Even if she was less than capable of being civilized when picking them out.

After the meal that was probably going to be considered lunch despite the actual lack of any nutrition (he could already hear Karen lecturing him about keeping his body healthy), the two of them were well on their way back home, and before he knew it, Araragi found himself carrying Shinobu home. Now that she had appeared in front of Karen, he was forced to make up some sort of fib that she was their adoptive sister from Romania. Now that they were back home safe and alive, he'd have some more explaining to do.

But again, at least they managed to keep their lives and return to them at all, right?

Sometimes, he wondered.

Shd4Ifi.gif

Carrying Shinobu along the sidewalk, hoping to dear lord that nobody would catch him with that, Koyomi thought over what was going to happen when he'd get home. His parents were police officers, so whatever lie he could ever possibly hope to think of would probably not fly. After all, next to probably lawyers, officers of the law were the ones best equipped with the ability to detect lies.

Maybe a half-truth would at least do though?

Tch. He almost felt like a bad person for lying, but it was what he found to be the most convenient thing to do at the time.

nmg133.png

"... If you are afraid to change everything, then you will end up being unable to change anything."

Sliiip.

Koyomi stopped dead in his tracks when Shinobu would so suddenly say something like that. His eyes were raised a bit in surprise, wondering what had prompted her to say that. And what do you know, as though she could read his mind (she probably could, to some degree), Shinobu would elaborate on what she meant.

"Though you hide it well, Master, do remember that I am your familiar, and I can sense your emotions. You are doubting yourself and what will become of your world when your lies catch up with you."

nmg138.png

Koyomi took a while to respond, pursing his lips and swallowing briefly, before taking a breath.

"Yeah... Something like that."

"You are indeed like a book, Master. With the discovery of my existence, things will no doubt become strange with your mother and father. You will have to clear something up with them, even if it means just telling a half-truth."

Koyomi Araragi was too nice of a person sometimes. He had always said that he was okay with lying to his family if it meant that they were safe, and in return, he would become a bad person. But even he had to know that the act of lying would catch up to him. And it was something that he'd have to live with.

Still...

ptXK3iM.jpg

... If only they could erase Karen's memory of her. Everything would become much easier with that.

"Is that so?" Koyomi would inquire in response to Shinobu, who decided to change her sitting spot, climbing out of Koyomi's arms and deciding to sit on his shoulders.

pjtSwx0.gif

"Indeed," Shinobu would nod sagely.

"You see, you planted that lie like a seed, and like a seed, if you leave it be, it will grow bad. The bad seed will sprout into a bad plant."

"Only when you are truthful will the bad plant morph into a good plant, even if the process will not be seamless. They will finally be able to see the picture, even if only with one eye."

"I see... But what does that have to do with--?"

"Of course, things change, just as seasons do, whether one desires it or not. It can be a good or bad thing, depending on the nature of it, but either way, you must embrace whatever comes your way. You mortals can never come to appreciate what you have until it is gone, after all."

違う

Wrong.

"That's not necessarily true, at least, if you're talking about me. I can appreciate the world around me, but as you suggested, I've accepted that it won't last. I'll outlive them all; my family, my girlfriend, everyone. That's why I will treasure what I have now, and protect it as best as I can, even if my best isn't good enough sometimes."

Case in point.

And at the same time, despite this...

nmg097.png

The image of his beloved girlfriend, one Hitagi Senjougahara, came to Koyomi's mind.

Like most of his other acquaintances, at least, he liked to imagine so, this was the kind of relationship that was seamless because it was built around truths. Built around things that one liked about the other. Senjougahara loved Koyomi for his quixotic nature, his desire to protect those he loved as much as those he hardly even knew, like Senjougahara herself back then, and... well, just the fact that he was easy to pick on.

And in return, Koyomi loved Senjougahara because... she was attractive. Oh, and because she was supportive. And protective. And genuinely caring. And hurtful in an ironic way.

... Actually, can pain be ironic? Is that possible?

nmg056.png

In any case, more than that, they were truthful with each other. Even at the closest that they had ever come to lying with each other, they were still technically telling half-truths, because they simply couldn't stand to directly lie to each other. After all, as Shinobu had just said herself, a lie is like a seed. It only grows from there into a bad plant if not dealt with accordingly.

Perhaps the most notable example of the truth being the most comforting option was that one fateful night when Koyomi had asked Hitagi if she would drop him if she ever met a guy with better qualifications than him, and without missing a beat, she said yes. After all, young love like this wasn't definite. However, it was the fact that he was the best man available for her at the moment that made her stay with him. And she would stay with him for quite some time, as she made it clear that it would be quite a while until she'd meet a man who was more caring, more altruistic, more genuine than he was.

In fact, their relationship in the first place had all started because of that fateful day where Senjougahara made the decision to open up to someone like him. Senjougahara, a girl who was usually so closed off from everyone else, told the truth about herself.

nmg072.png

"So I guess... From what you want to express to me, there were two primary morals to learn from this ordeal, huh?"

One

When you lie, you plant a bad seed that is destined to grow into a bad plant. Only by fixing it with the truth does it have any hope of changing into a good plant, even if the process will still be painful for the plant itself.

Two

If you are afraid to change everything, you will find yourself unable to change anything. And when you try to focus on changing one thing, you will one day look up and find that everything has already changed.

IWpzYOD.gif

"... It will do for now. Perhaps you're not as naive as I had believed, Master," Shinobu said with a content smile that betrayed her words, as though she couldn't be any more satisfied in reality.

And right back at her, Koyomi smiled.

Still, he would then think back to Senjougahara, his girlfriend of... what, just under a year now? And he would recall the incidents that had brought them together.

tumblr_mhz3mafTM31r922azo1_500.gif

You're the only person I've ever heard say that who isn't lying.

Come to think of it, this wasn't even the first time the matter of such things was even brought up between him and Senjougahara. That is, truth and lies. Even if young love wasn't definite, that didn't mean it couldn't be genuine either. And what the two of them shared was genuine. That much he knew.

giphy.gif

Because in the end, Koyomi Araragi was a lover, not a fighter.

He loved Hitagi Senjougahara. He loved Shinobu Oshino. He loved Karen Araragi. He loved Suruga Kanbaru. He loved those kinds of people that were close to him in his life like that.

And to live without love was to love without life.

2c749a784feb45ff8c96a042d161baef.png

Fin.

Last edited:
Kirby decided it was time to go home, throughout this entire ideal, he had somehow survived, he stepped onto the bus and found a seat to sit down. He silently wondered how Dream Land had fared since his absence

Meanwhile, Sam looked at Lincoln and Junko. "I haven't seen him. I'm sorry." He said. He then looked at the book. "Alright?" He raised his eyebrow and went to pick up the book.
Lincoln smiled as he picked up the book. " Thanks,that's a book of my family tree," he said to him. It was still open to the family page tree. It seemed where the Winchester line was had a slight label on it for some reason.

Tommy looked at the decoy. " I have to go and talk to someone." His friends thought he was dead, and perhaps the Coliation could help him in some way. He approached Leia. " Excuse me, how would one go about joining the Coliation?"

@Minerva @Atomyk

Last edited:
And now they had a way back... lon'qu was glad that this was all over but it seemed he had one last thing to take care of.

As all of this happened Lon'qu walked over and started to pull Inigo away...

"We'd best leave while we can...."

"Ah, I see.... Well apologies but it seems I have to go... If we ever meet again i'll be sure to make due on that tea I offered to make..."

One last smile to remember him by..... That... and the fire that had started around reverse Dipper's feet in an attempt to catch his pant leg on fire.... The two got the fuck out of there hopefully before anything could be done to them.

Well either way while it seemed Inigo walked over to the bus to examine it Lon'qu had one last person to find...

And that person was Ryner...

@DapperDogman @Hospes @IntrusivePenDesperateSword @Gummi Bunnies

Eventually boarding the 'bus' Inigo noticed Jack right away and seemed to have something to offer the Samurai.. He would hold out a small tea set... The very same set Jack had used when he and Lon'qu had tea together. Also within the cups were feroxian tea leaves and Elderberry...

"Your tea set and something from the both of us... Feroxian tea leaves and Elderberry simply make a wonderful tasting tea..." Inigo had spoken with his usual smile.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @The Tactician @IHopeIDidn'tFuckThisUp
"Ah, it does indeed sound wonderful, Inigo, thank you," Jack bowed his head in thanks before taking the tea set and storing it away once again, "If only we along with Zinnia and Lon'qu had more time to enjoy it together..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Crimson Spartan
Kirby decided it was time to go home, throughout this entire ideal, he had somehow survived, he stepped onto the bus and found a seat to sit down. He silently wondered how Dream Land had fared since his absence

p6L11zZ.png

"Dang, what'd you do to get on his good side?" Zinnia asked, noticing when Inigo gave Jack the tea set. "I like tea, heck I love tea, but I'd be worried about breaking a fancy tea cup set." Breaking something like it almost seemed like something Zinnia would do for fun.

Aster, noticing Kirby on the bus, rushed over to greet him. "Mur! Mur! Mur!" she squeaked.

@The Tactician @Crimson Spartan @Nater Taters

p6L11zZ.png

"Dang, what'd you do to get on his good side?" Zinnia asked, noticing when Inigo gave Jack the tea set. "I like tea, heck I love tea, but I'd be worried about breaking a fancy tea cup set." Breaking something like it almost seemed like something Zinnia would do for fun.

Aster, noticing Kirby on the bus, rushed over to greet him. "Mur! Mur! Mur!" she squeaked.

Jack smiled as he shook his head, "No, no, Miss Zinnia. Before my death, I, Inigo, and Lon'qu all share a cup of tea together. Sadly, I had not been able to collect my tea set before passing on..."

Epilogue:
Same Time, Same Channel

The bus took off.

Everything was over.

RGB stared out the window, his legs crossed one over the other, his cane safely in his lap. He stared out the window, watching as the world seemed to swim before his screen. The schoolbus made a few stops--All places the telly-head couldn't really get a grasp off--To drop off other people. Patiently, he waited, looking back towards everyone else every now and again. Friends. Warriors. Champions. It even made his chest swell with a little bit of pride, knowing he was part of them, knowing he was lumped in the same group. Green was still trickling down, and frankly, he couldn't be happier.

The bus landed.

He knew the place. The colors, the faded blacks and neons. He was just outside the market. His market. Home. He didn't know how the bus knew how to get here. Nevertheless, the monster stood up, making his way to the bus's door, tipping his hat to the driver (a very frizzled-looking woman) before pausing in the doorway.

"Tally ho, then, friends."

His head bowed in a sort of goodbye, and he got off of the bus, waving as it took off again. He knew he'd miss them, eventually. Clarence. Dipper. Mabel. Even others, people he didn't speak with as much--Hideo, Grim, Mandy, even Gw--Okay, maybe not Gwen. But still. He waited until the vehicle was completely out of sight before turning around and slipping into the market, among the hustle and bustle, retracing his steps to Miss Cell-Any's Emporium. That's where he had left...

"RGB!"

image.png

She looked surprised to even see him again. She also looked very much like she wanted to rush up and hug him. Nevertheless, the child scampered up to the monster's side, a sock puppet on her shoulder. "Y-you just--Disappeared! You can do that?"

"Not often," The monster replied, a smile crossing his face. Hero. He was back with Hero. This is all he had wanted. "And I do hope it won't be happening again. Have you all your new clothes?"

"Oh! Yeah!" She smiled back at him, taking a moment to make sure everything on her was in order. It was. "Juss' lemme say goodbye to Cell and Tailor and the really cool bug too!"

"Bugtoo! Ooby!" The sock puppet piped in.

"N--Wait--That won't be--" He reached out a hand in an attempt to stop her, but Hero had already scampered away into the emporium. "...Necessary..." He weakly finished, and RGB followed behind her quite a few paces back, bracing himself for the inevitable...

image.png

"RGB! Where did you think you could slip off to, disgrace!? Did you think you could just leave another one with us to rot while you scurried off and got a new one--"

While the earful from Tailor wasn't without it's merits, RGB still leaned over and quickly covered Hero's ears so she wouldn't have to hear it. "Now, listen, Tailor, it wasn't exactly my fault--"

"Who's fault, then!? Certainly not her's!"

"No, no, not her's at all--It's really quite a tangled web of a tale, you see--"

"Tangled!?" The ribbon that made up most of Tailor's body seemed to quiver, seemed to unravel a little, as though more than willing to show RGB what a true web of a tale looked like; but the sock puppet Assok straightened up and piped in it's own two cents:

"No isfaul! No isfaul. Scur, iste, ooby. Tayle."

Not exactly a helpful contribution, but Assok wasn't terribly articulate on the best of days. However, it was enough to diffuse Tailor's anger for the time being, allowing RGB to take his hands off of Hero's ears and give a sort of throat-clearing cough. "We're about to be going, Tailor, and we just wished to bid our adieus."

The living mannequin paused, looking down at Hero. She gave a small smile. "Safe travels, Hero. And make sure not to put too much stock into that buffoon's ideas."

"H-hey!"

This made the girl laugh, covering her mouth. RGB gave a frowny little huff, which only made Hero laugh more; but she stopped her giggles and rocked on her tiptoes to wave goodbye. "Bye, Tailor!" And then, rocking a little bit higher, "Bye-bye, Cell!"

"Oh? We leaving already?" The hedgehog-shaped mass of colors, Cell, adjusted her tiny spectacles. "You have everything, dearie?"

"Uh-huh!"

"Well, then, you stay safe! And come back if you need anything, both of you, y'hear?"

"We will, we promise!" Hero insisted, even though the monster promised nothing of the sort. He'd suffered enough anger and humiliation at this place. Hero paused, giving a little hop and then making her way over to a giant cricket made up of carpentry tools. Her favorite. She always did have a fondness for bugs. "And goodbye to you too, Tinker!"

The bug gave a little trill, and then replied in it's own way, ".-- . / .- .-- .- .. - / -.-- --- ..- .-. / ... ..- -.-. -.-. . ... ... . ... / .- -. -.. / .-. . - ..- .-. -. ... .-.-.-"

Hero wasn't exactly sure what Tinker meant, but she was sure it was something good. She got off of the bug, then went back to RGB's side, waiting for prompting. The monster smiled ("We're through?") and beckoned with his cane, beginning to make his way out of the shop. Hero followed close beside him, eager for the next part of their adventure.

He was back. Back home. Back with Hero.

He thought he'd never see the day.

"So..." Hero eventually said, looking up at RGB with curious eyes, Assok following her gaze. "...Where did you go, RGB?"

"...Why, it was a very interesting sort of place. I met many interesting people and saw many interesting sorts of things."

"Can...Can you tell me about it?"

"Certainly. In fact, I met a pair of twins there you'd very much like to meet someday. The girl in particular reminded me of you."

"Really!?"

"Really! Let me tell you all about it. It is a bit of a walk to our next destination..."

image.png

{Fin}

Jack smiled as he shook his head, "No, no, Miss Zinnia. Before my death, I, Inigo, and Lon'qu all share a cup of tea together. Sadly, I had not been able to collect my tea set before passing on..."

myqlc5Z.png

"Huh, I never met those guys. But good on them. I like tea. It's all I used to drink back in my homeland. I used to experiment with it all the time to see which brews were the healthiest." For Aster. I tried everything I could think of to make her get better, to no avail. "But I haven't brewed a pot of tea in... a long time." Not since Aster passed. I just... wish she was still here.

@The Tactician

myqlc5Z.png

"Huh, I never met those guys. But good on them. I like tea. It's all I used to drink back in my homeland. I used to experiment with it all the time to see which brews were the healthiest." For Aster. I tried everything I could think of to make her get better, to no avail. "But I haven't brewed a pot of tea in... a long time." Not since Aster passed. I just... wish she was still here.

@The Tactician
Jack could sense the pain hidden beneath the thin surface of her words, connected to the memory of tea in her world. And perhaps with her daughter... Carefully, he moved a hand to hers and gave it a gentle squeeze, the comfort of one friend by another, "Then perhaps when we arrive in my world... We can find a safe place and brew the teas and berries that Inigo gave me?"

Jack could sense the pain hidden beneath the thin surface of her words, connected to the memory of tea in her world. And perhaps with her daughter... Carefully, he moved a hand to hers and gave it a gentle squeeze, the comfort of one friend by another, "Then perhaps when we arrive in my world... We can find a safe place and brew the teas and berries that Inigo gave me?"

SsViYri.png

Zinnia quieted, a little surprised when he touched her hand. "Uh, maybe," she told him, unsure. "Aster should have some too. A growing girl needs her nutrients more than her mother does!" she chirped, burring down her sadness with a peppy response like she usually did. "But I guess you need it too. Hero's gotta keep his strength up," she said, playfully elbowing him.

@The Tactician

SsViYri.png

Zinnia quieted, a little surprised when he touched her hand. "Uh, maybe," she told him, unsure. "Aster should have some too. A growing girl needs her nutrients more than her mother does!" she chirped, burring down her sadness with a peppy response like she usually did. "But I guess you need it too. Hero's gotta keep his strength up," she said, playfully elbowing him.

@The Tactician
"Her mother should take care of herself as well, else her friend will worry about her," Jack countered with a small grin. It would take many days and weeks, but the samurai made himself a promise to watch out for Zinnia and to help her restore her self-worth as they journeyed. If she was to travel with him, then he would make sure she took something positive away from the experience.​

Mabel certainly didn't mind the fact her legs had taken the brunt of the kicks - pain was a lovely thing. She didn't mind it at all. But what was much more entertaining that the mild pain from the attack was what Rumble did next. Her wrists were grabbed and she was held up like a rag doll. A human shield for Roman's little attack. How ironic, truly! Yet, she still didn't seem at all concerned. Rather, she actually began to laugh yet again. "Hehe, now, what did I tell you about getting handsy? Such a scoundrel!"

Of course, he didn't compare to her.

Continuing in her light laughter, Mabel watched with complete glee as the missiles suddenly changed course - turning and heading straight for the ground a mere few feet in front of them. When they hit, a cloud of dust and dirt was stirred up, serving as a brief distraction. Which allotted for time for Dipper to attempt a little stunt of his own. Dipper was on his feet and aiming to strike Rumble's arms with a pair of knives he had produced from his suit in attempt to force the fighter to drop his sister.

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword @Gummi Bunnies @Crimson Spartan @Etc​
The missiles would be the girl's bane, Rumble figured. Quietly. No need to share all his plans. Either way, holding her up against them seemed like a surefire way to clear her out of the way and focus again on her brother. Which was why utter disappointment struck him as the missiles steered clear of her, and instead whipped up sand. And he didn't particularly fancy how the sudden cloud would work as a brilliant attention-drawer.

Tossing Mabel to the ground, Rumble looked around, squinting at his surroundings, even though they were all covered. "Where are you, boy? You can hide, but you cannot hi-"

A… sound spread through the area. Not a particularly notable sound, it sounded like a synth, made to mimic the sound of blade piercing flesh. Without a wound on his body, Rumble was sent backwards and on his back, crashing into the ground with an "Ooomph" louder than the previous sound effect.

This was no fun situation. Not that any fight would be, but still. Rumble yelled back into the cloud, once gotten up. "Your honor in battle is broken! Cheating child!"

In his regular rapid succession, he first summoned another fireball into the cloud, then ran fist-first after it, ready to punch whatever moved.

[padding]
[padding]Returns and goodbyes

[BCOLOR=transparent]The description seemed fair enough to Clarence and his slowly blurring mind. Boy, was this wine doing miracles. Not that it really mattered now. 'Twas all over, and people seemed to be… returning? Lying down in the grass and slobbily shaking Roman's hand as he left, Clarence barely saw something of extreme extraordinarity.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So there was a wagon. A yellow wagon, without horses, and ran by a red-haired girl claiming to be from either important organization. Ah yes, women rising in politics. Quite the sight to him. Though it probably was commonplace in this futuristic place. What more, they probably even voted here! Hah, the thought.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Forcing all his concentration into getting on his feet, he with unsure steps walked towards the bus. Was this safe, anyhow? The other people seemed to trust it, among which was RGB. Ooh boy, would he be surprised to see him again. Internally debating talking to him again, he finally decided not to, figuring the wine might have been a bit strong for the amount of it he drank. Instead, he quietly found a free place on the bus, and let the alcohol drive his thoughts away into the horizon.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He fell asleep during the trip. He missed the chance to discover the wonder that is motorized vehicles. Oh well, he was never meant to be an inventor either way. Instead, as the bus stopped in the good old dimness of the Neath, the familiar smell of false-summer woke him up, at best fairly sober.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He was back now. In the Neath. In fallen London. His home. He took the final step down off the bus, not bothering with watching it leave either as he merely gazed upon the wonder of the city, with the Bazaar ominously placed inside the cranium of some large creature in the center. But instead of reflecting over some deep topic, or grabbing hold of a long-lost friend to hold a lengthy conversation with, he just walked home.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]More exactly, the swamp in the outskirts of town. His house there was merely the best of the best, if he'd be some sort of mycophilic hermit, perhaps. Now, while he wasn't, it would do until he could afford better.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Once inside, he was quick to light a candle and sit down by his desk. Quill and feather already stood neatly placed on it, and with a sheet of paper placed on it, he wrote in his finest writing on top of the page, "The Multiversal Villainy of Gravity Falls". Oh, was he inspired. And in the topmost corner of the paper, he sketched a drawing on a television, with clear test bars of color covering the lower half of the screen.[/BCOLOR]

[/padding]

[padding]
[padding]
Persuasive is increasing...

Nightmares is increasing...

Wounds is increasing...

You've gained 1 x Tale of Terror!! (new total 9).

You've gained 2 x Visions of the Surface (new total 4).

Inspired... has been reset! A conclusion, or a new beginning?
[/padding]
[/padding][/padding]

A Rude Awakening-Aran Ryan Epilogue
The bus made it to Aran's stop well before his next match. Waving goodbye to the dreamfolk, Aran strolled into his home and knew exactly what to do. All he needed was to lie down and boom! He'd be awake just like that.

If he remembered correctly, he had blacked out in his own boxing ring (hey, at least it was his own this time), so he headed back over there. Mhm, there was his punching bag with Little Mac's photo on it! Aran decided giving the dream pillow a good punch wouldn't hurt, so he gave Mac one last uppercut. "You'll get plenty more of that when I wake, lad!" Aran laughed, then laid down on the ground, waiting to wake up.

Well this was odd. Aran sat up, brow furrowed in confusion. Why...how could he still be asleep, then? Maybe he passed out somewhere else on the ring? That was probably it! The Irishman started rolling all around the ring, trying to find any position that would help wake him up.

Nothing worked. He was still in this same state! "Come onAran, how do people get out of dreams...aha!" Pinching! That was it!! Pinching, the important technique for waking up or for shaming people who didn't wear green on St Patrick's (which he would always make sure to do). Removing a glove, Aran gave himself a large pinch on his arm.

"Yeowch!!" Aran looked around, holding his arm and realizing something. He had felt the pain...but he hadn't moved. Wait...no, it couldn't be!! He...was he awake the entire time?! The Manotaurs, the dinosaur, the murders, the triangle!! It all really happened!!!!

Aran stood there, letting it all sink in. There was only one thing to do in a situation like this!

Which was pull on a coat and head for the nearest pub. He needed a damn drink.

p6L11zZ.png

myqlc5Z.png

@The Tactician
"Her mother should take care of herself as well, else her friend will worry about her," Jack countered with a small grin. It would take many days and weeks, but the samurai made himself a promise to watch out for Zinnia and to help her restore her self-worth as they journeyed. If she was to travel with him, then he would make sure she took something positive away from the experience.​

"Lon'qu's been holding onto it the entire time and passed it off to me a couple minutes ago because he knew you were here.... " Inigo speaks while flashing his usual smile... True he'd probably never see them again after this but Inigo didn't seem to mind. All he wanted was to see them smile as well.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician

amCItKy.webp

"Let's look at things from my point of view..." Gran tries to remember the hectic day, "I saw these dragons imprisoned in amber... I think they called them 'dinosaurs'. We fought this 'Velociraptor' thing. After that we were transported to another reality where the Pines were evil... and we dealt with some insectoid creature that could change shape, and we eliminated Roman as a Traitor... afterwards we entered this dream realm, and the door I entered lead to some beach for some reason. Our time was cut short as we were engulfed by darkness, and we soon ended up in a Monochrome Gravity Falls where we met those Alternate Reality Pines again, and afterwards, it was raid boss time with Bill Cipher."

Gran tried to catch his breath. "I don't remember talking that much before. Long story short - a lot has happened. I bet it has been a hectic day in the afterlife for you too."

A chuckle emerged from Gran's mouth. It has indeed been quite the day.

@york
Aran nodded. "Fancy! Guessing they put that Dark Fencer stuff in hiding like my gloves!" Aran listened to what Gran told him, and it was a bit...odd to hear someone sound so sincere. Sure, he knew he had some gans out there, but even in this dream, hearing an imaginary child actually gonna miss him...it tugged at some heartstrings he didn't know were there.

"You were a good one, lad! Hopefully I'll manage to dream you up later on!" He turned to Max, looking her over. Skinny little teen...yeah, no way would he kill a twig like that! "Ah, so you must be Max, eh? Good to see you ain't dead!"

@Crow @york
Epilogue
"Until Next Time"

Seeing as the fun was over, the Manotaurs decided to head back to their cave in the woods, though they opted to stay their giant size, much to the Multi-Bear's dismay. "We'll never forget you, Manly One!" they declared, running back into the forest and toppling an endless amount of trees as they went.

Junko hugged herself, shivering slightly. She felt the excitement and relief that poured off the people around her. It was unique... a unique feeling that lodged itself deep in her chest. The girl found herself smiling, lost in the moment, her despair over opening that portal forgotten to her for now. She hadn't been able to stick around to witness the downfall of the Arch Demon, so the fact that she was still here, to bask in this victory...

qHxbJYe.png

"... Wait, who the hell was that triangle guy anyway? I don't even know what's going on!"

Junko sighed, crossing her arms. She closed her eyes and thought for a moment, wondering if she would be stuck here for the time being. She didn't exactly have control over her power to send herself away, but... Maybe if she could manipulate those portals now, maybe it meant she was gaining some kind of control? "Why is this so confusing... why do I have this power, anyway?"

Junko opened her eyes to find Sam before her, though she had no idea who he was. She supposed he seemed familiar... "Hey," she said, cocking her head to the side slightly, "do you wanna join my fan club?"

The reverse version of Gideon just appeared to be traumatized - and he hadn't even really contributed much. He was a bit of a coward, that much was obvious, but that wasn't what he was worried about. Bill was dead, now - not he, nor anyone else, needed to fret about that any longer. No, the boy's major concerns were about something else entirely.

"...Pacifica?" Much like earlier, there was still silence. This fact filled the young boy with dread, and he gently shook his cousin in hopes of waking her up. "C'mon, now, Pacifica," he muttered. Still, it seemed the girl wasn't stirring. However, her chest still seemed to rise and fall ever-so-slightly. That was a good omen, at the very least, right?

The young boy simply didn't know anymore.

With an expression that made it seem as though he were about to outright start bawling, the nine-year-old tightly hugged his injured and unconscious friend, holding her close and trying desperately not to tear up. Ironically, however, someone else had started to.

gid53.png

"H-hold me, m' queen!" the original Gideon exclaimed, jumping into Mabel's arms and starting to cry on her. Looked like the Reverse Pines had been a bit too much, even for the one they were the equivalent of in their world.

mab57.png

"..."

For a few moments, Mabel was silent, her expression unreadable as she stared down at the crying trash baby boy in her arms. But slowly, her expression twisted into that of horror. "....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! GET HIM OFF OF ME!" she exclaimed, suddenly dropping the boy and beginning to run around frantically.

After freeing the book captives, Ford had stayed by Lalonde's side, protecting her for the duration of the battle. A sigh of relief escaped him when it was all over (though he had worried their inability to use the zodiac would spell their doom), and he directed the Dipper clones to gather his niece and nephew. His expression was grim as he looked down upon the pale woman, the blonde looking like she could crumble at the slightest provocation.

When Dipper and Mabel neared, Lalonde finally stirred. Ford let out a gasp and asked, "how are you feeling?!" She didn't answer for a moment, instead raising a hand to indicate for him to hold off. He waited patiently while Lalonde sat up on her own, eventually rubbing her head and letting out a tired sigh.

nWhDZhe.png

"I'm sure you have a few questions."

fKhrnFN.jpg

Dipper moved next to her, dropping down to his knees to bring his level with her. "No way, we're just happy you're okay! You... wouldn't be the first to be possessed by Bill, anyway."

mabel020.png

Having joined Dipper's side, Mabel offered Lalonde a bright smile, though the girl felt extremely exhausted. "Haha, yeah. You don't need to feel bad. Bill was, like, super smarticle. And good at doing puppet-y stuff."

Lalonde shrugged. "Oh, dear. Is that so? Well..." She began to stand up, and Ford reached for her hand to help her to stand. She nodded to him as thanks. "I was aware the whole time, as you probably know then. You shouldn't worry-- the demon did a surprisingly strong job of copying my mannerisms. Though, it would be nice to get to know you all again... Anyway, as you probably imagined, it was he who rigged the portal to go haywire."

OJTG0ZP.png

"Speaking of which," Ford muttered, rubbing at the back of his head, "we will have to begin work once again. Otherwise, all of our new friends will be permanently stuck in our dimension!"

"If our dimension is really our dimension anymore," Dipper added.

Lalonde shook her head. "No need, dear. I don't suggest you mess with the portal ever again... you and I both know the risks involved." Ford nodded, understanding. "But I know how we can get everyone home. I have certain... contacts. I just need to borrow your technology for a time, Stanford. My employer would likely terminate my position if they knew what I was considering due to do, but considering my circumstances, maybe I have already been terminated."

Ford was happy to let Lalonde use whatever she wanted, and it wasn't long before she had what she described as an interdimensional communicator. "It is in a primitive working condition," she explained. She was showing Ford and the twins the object, leading them back out of the Mystery Shack as she did so. "But it is fine for what I intend for it." She set the device up in the dirt in front of shack, pressing a few buttons on it so that it began to emit a low hum. She then stood back and crossed her arms.

"We can't talk directly into it, but it is now sending a signal. The beacon will summon a group known as the Coalition."

It wasn't long before a portal would appear by the beacon and out from it drove a strange school bus with an orange-haired woman at the wheel.

The_Magic_School_Bus.jpg

"Someone rang for the Magic School Bus?" The woman asked, her doors opening up and welcoming anyone and everyone who would require a ride home. However, a girl stepped out of the bus first, a look of mild anger flashing across her face at the sight of Lalonde.

1hk7jIA.png

"Hey... you're not with the Coalition! What's the deal? How did you know how to call us?!"

Lolonde sighed. "Dear, it will take me a while to explain, but..." she turned, sweeping her hand at the crowd, "you might not be surprised to hear we have just gone through one of those death games. Everyone here will need passage home, if you may. I will freely allow myself to be taken in for questioning."

The girl marveled at the amount of people. She was about to speak when Dipepr interrupted her and said, "h-hey, wait!" He pointed over at Hisoka. "You have to arrest that guy... he committed a murder!"

The girl groaned. "This was not what I was expecting today... Okay. Hey, you! Clown guy! You're under arrest!"

Lalonde crossed her arms and eyed the two Gleeful twins who had put the group through so much trouble. "May want to see about arresting that pair as well, dear."

As people were now deciding where they wanted to go, Ford decided to pull Stan aside for a moment, wanting to say something he never got to throughout all this. "Stanley..." Ford sighed. "I know when I came back, we weren't on the best of terms. Since then, we haven't really had a chance to talk... but, I think now will be my last opportunity to say I'm sorry." Ford paused to reach into his jacket's inner pocket, pulling out a picture of Stan and Ford when they were children.

"And, before you ask what I mean," he said, holding up a finger. "I decided I want to head out into the great beyond once again! This time, maybe with this Coalition group's help, I'll have a better time of it."

Stan stood brusquely as Ford told him his plans.

T43aeo7.jpg

"Fine! Go gallivanting across the universe again! But on one condition..." He placed his hand on Ford's shoulder. "You'll take your foolish brother with you. I... I know we haven't talked much since you got back, but losing you again... at the end of the day, Ford, we're brothers and the Pine boys are going to show the entire multiverse a thing or two! Whaddaya say?"

Ford stared for a moment, but eventually nodded and smiled. "That they will."

CaHveJj.png

"You're right, Stanley. We're brothers. Never forget that."

Starring
@C.T. as GwenPool [Marvel Comics]
@DapperDogman as Sans [Undertale AU] and Ryner Lute [Legend of the Legendary Heroes]
@T.O.M. as Ougi Oshino and Kanbaru Suruga [Monogatari]
@Crow as Gran and Djeeta [Granblue Fantasy]
@Verite as Koyomi Araragi and Shinobu Oshino [Monogatari]
@Kaykay as Karen Araragi [Monogatari]
@Mighty Roman as Thor Odinson [Marvel]
@The Tactician as Samurai Jack [Samurai Jack]
@IntrusivePenDesperateSword as Clarence Irawn [Fallen London]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Alex Mercer [Prototype]
@Bomb as Meteo [L]
@Jeremi as Jennifer Walters aka She-Hulk [Marvel Comics]
@Atomyk as Pearl [Steven Universe]
@Gummi Bunnies as Hideo Kawamura and Will.CO21 "Wiruko" [Sentou Jousai Masurawo]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Lorekeeper Zinnia and Aster the Whismur [Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire]
@Crimson Spartan as Lon'qu [Fire Emblem Awakening/Murder Games] and Inigo [Fire Emblem Awakening]
@york as Max Caulfield [Life is Strange]
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Ciri [The Witcher]
@Krieg as Lena "Tracer" Oxton [Overwatch]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Lincoln Campbell [Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D] and Thomas "Tommy" Merlyn [Arrow]
@Lissamel as RGB [The Property of Hate]
@The Silver Paladin as Sam Winchester and Dean Winchester [Supernatural]
@ResistingTheEnlightened as Duke Togo [Golgo 13] and Michaelangelo "Spike" Scarlatti [Flashpoint]
@Ringmaster as Roman Torchwick [RWBY]
@TheColourlessRainbow as Da'losen Lyison and Kepti [Original Characters]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as James 'Bucky' Barnes [MCU]
@Gwazi Magnum as Gilgamesh [Fate Series]
@Yang Lee as LeShawna [Total Drama]
@Raven as Uncle Chan and Jade Chan [Jackie Chan Adventures]
@Takumi as Michiko Malandro and Hana "Hatchin" Morenos [Michiko and Hatchin]
@Josh M as Enzo Amore and Colin "Big Cass" Cassady [WWE Kafabe]
@Yun Lee as Aran Ryan [Punch-Out!!!]
@Nater Taters as Kirby [Kirby Franchise]
@Archmage Jeremiah as Grim and Mandy [The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy]​
Max Caulfield - Epilogue; Another Chance
@C.T. @DapperDogman @T.O.M. @Crow @Verite @Kaykay @Mighty Roman @The Tactician @IntrusivePenDesperateSword @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @Jeremi @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Lissamel @Minerva @ResistingTheEnlightened @Ringmaster @TheColourlessRainbow @Cromartie Sarkissian @Gwazi Magnum @Yang Lee @Raven @Takumi @Josh M @Yun Lee @Nater Taters@Archmage Jeremiah @Others I Missed

XGPN7KB.png

Max smiled "I guess we all fought the good fight!" she said, even laughing a little, to relieve the tension of the moment more than anything.

"I'm glad it's all over now..." She added, looking towards the conversaion going on between Junko and the others.

It seemed that their mysterious companion that had arrived through the portal by sheer accident had some connections, without risking another excursion through the portal, it looks like they found a new mode of transportation in the form of... ... Wait, was this, even real right now? Max rubbed her eyes... Making sure she was really seeing what was in front of her; eyup, it's the Magic School Bus! Well, at this point, having seen a variety of crazy things, and having come back from the dead ontop of all of that... She waved the others goodbye as she climbed aboard the bus, she noticed everyone already talking amongst each other, and even out of the corner of her eye; Zinnia and Jack, getting along alot better than before, less arm-biting and all... It made her smile a little, maybe they had a future together?

She sighed, shaking her head, who was she to play cupid, right? Even if she had the power to, it would probably for the best not to mess with the fabrics of time anymore than she needed to; and with that in mind, she closed her eyes... Leaning her head back as she waited for the bus to take her back home, to Arcadia Bay... Home... For the first time in what seemed like ages, she wanted to be back there, even with Chloe gone, there was still alot to do... A few loose ends to tie up here and there, and lots of people to help... Though, she still wished that Chloe could be here to see all of this; she would have been proud...

Max awoke to the dull rythm of a bus rolling over a pothole... It seemed familiar she could even hear that familiar tune she typically played, and she felt her earbuds in her ears... She opened her eyes, and sure enough, she was back... In Arcadia bay, and it looks like time had rewound itself a little since those fleeting moments before that car hit her, the very instant she had been pulled through some strange portal, into Gravity Falls.

XvcUAik.jpg

The bus ride didn't last very long, as she saw she was approaching the Two Whales Diner, it looks like she was having Dinner here before heading off to her dorm; she remembered she had a day off today, school was shut down for a little maintenance... As she approached the Diner, she heard a familiar screeching noise, followed by the blaring of sirens... That car chase was coming by, and the fleeing suspect were about to hit that pothole... She knew she would be hit by that car, unless she just took a few quick strides to her left... And then...

*Screeech!*

*Crash!*

The car ran itself into a lamp post, busting up it's engine for good; the persuing police car squealed to a stop right behind the now wrecked car, with no other than Officer Barry pulling up, arresting the apparantly lone masked individual in the car.

"That's three counts agains you now! Stealing from a grocery store, evading authority, and reckless endangerment! We'll see how you hold up in court young sir!" Barry wasn't at all pleased by this, but... His expression seemed to soften when he noticed Max looking on, blinking in surprise.

"Good thing you stepped out of the way miss Max... You really are a lucky girl to not have been hit by that car." He said, glancing towards the now bent lamp post, with the wreckage that was once his detainee's escape vehicle.

RKOryDE.jpg

Max nodded, smiling a little "I guess it's my lucky day..." she said sheepishly.

The smell of food and a faint rumbling noise in her stomach reminded her she still had to eat breakfast "Uh... I gotta go, can't miss Today's special!" she said, beginning to head inside.

Barry only managed to nod before she left; it looks like there were alot of fans of Joyce's cooking, something Max had missed most desperately since her little adventure at Gravity Falls...

95wLfNa.jpg

Sometime later, Max was dressed in more casual clothes, looking through the pictures in her bag... It all seemed like a dream, but her ventures in Gravity Falls, and that strange afterlife was definitely real! She had begun to organize her journal once again, quickly placing the pictures where they belonged... Even writing titles for each one...

"The True Sign of Things to Come"

"A Scarecrow is still a Scarecrow"

"Creepy Doll"

"What Once Was Lost"

"Clouded Vision"

"Battle of Good and Evil"

... What an adventure... Life really could be strange at times like these, but... It seemed she was happier than she was when she had first been pulled into the world of Gravity Falls, though she was only a victim of circumstance... Like always, she had managed to help countless others... Even without her powers... ... Maybe she should use them every now and then? Just to give those in need a msall hand, if anything... She stood up, putting away her journal for now as she headed outside, into the schoolyard, she just had one last thing to do; one last photo to take, to capture this moment of clarity... Leaning against the railing near the roads, she smiled, made a goofy, but somewhat cute pose, and then... She took a selfie.

"I wish you were here... Chloe..." She thought to herself...

Shaking the picture back and forth to allow it to develop... She took a glance at the photo, and nodded a little... Before putting it away in her bag, with her camera, then she headed inside; maybe it was time to start writing journal entries again... She had alot to write about now... More than enough to keep her busy for a while...

End - Max's New Self(ie)

WhoWQyW.jpg

*Roll Credits*

"Lon'qu's been holding onto it the entire time and passed it off to me a couple minutes ago because he knew you were here.... " Inigo speaks while flashing his usual smile... True he'd probably never see them again after this but Inigo didn't seem to mind. All he wanted was to see them smile as well.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician
Jack nodded in return, "Then please, Inigo, give my thanks to the swordmaster if I do not have the chance to. It was kind of you both to hold onto it during my time."

@Crimson Spartan @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.