Murder Game XI: The War of the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
v8IyF4e.png

Commander Shepard's personal sanctuary sat open and seemingly unattended for whatever reason. The commander was certainly too busy at the moment to see to any guests, not that it was entirely clear whether or not she would even want guests visiting her quarters. With so many new people on board, one would have to wonder if security was an issue. Regardless, Shepard's impressive collection of model ships was on display, as was an aquarium that took up one wall of the room. Looking closely, one could see automatic feeders releasing food into the tank periodically.

From back toward the entrance of the room came a cool female voice that sounded somewhat robotic.

KTX3Mxu.jpg

"Despite your presence within the captain's quarters, it would seem you are neither the captain or an acquaintance of hers." You would recognize the robotic woman as the one who spoke to the Commander back in the war room. She looked at the pair of you rather suspiciously.

@Prince Shattered Charming

"Uh... What is this Fire Emblem you speak of?" asked the man.

"It's an artifact where I'm from. This, 'world' you said. It has great magical significance." Emmeryn said. "I believe it's still back in my world."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Poe Dameron
tumblr_m3w2xgyvQ01qc2r5c.png

"You bumped into me, Jack." Crazy old men, thinking they can just run around dressed up as skeltons and ramble rudely...

@TheColourlessRainbow @Kakarot! @Kaykay @The Great Detective @Jeremi

"From where I am standing it was quite the opposite." Skeletor would stand silently for a moment before he repeated his question. "I am still waiting on that apology, but I suppose I can't expect much from lumbering neanderthals."

@TheColourlessRainbow @Kakarot! @Kaykay @The Great Detective @The Tactician

One figure stood unnoticed within the Combat Information Center for a time, seemingly concentrating on a terminal at the side of the room. As the energy in the room reached a fever pitch with Skeletor's arrival, the figure turned around to address Shepard and the others she'd brought along with her. He, or she, looked strange for a robot.

Cb2kUSa.jpg

"Shepard-Commander, this is not a sufficient location for combat training. Might we direct the others to the shuttle bay?" The slightly masculine voice sounded like it was being put through a digital filter. Though its offer to direct the others away from the war room was worded as a question, the robotic being seemed intent on carrying out this action whether or not Shepard agreed. "There is an armory and an open space to properly conduct yourselves."

@TheColourlessRainbow @Kakarot! @Kaykay @Jeremi @Mari @Cromartie Sarkissian @C.T. @The Tactician

Last edited:
v8IyF4e.png

Commander Shepard's personal sanctuary sat open and seemingly unattended for whatever reason. The commander was certainly too busy at the moment to see to any guests, not that it was entirely clear whether or not she would even want guests visiting her quarters. With so many new people on board, one would have to wonder if security was an issue. Regardless, Shepard's impressive collection of model ships was on display, as was an aquarium that took up one wall of the room. Looking closely, one could see automatic feeders releasing food into the tank periodically.

From back toward the entrance of the room came a cool female voice that sounded somewhat robotic.

KTX3Mxu.jpg

"Despite your presence within the captain's quarters, it would seem you are neither the captain or an acquaintance of hers." You would recognize the robotic woman as the one who spoke to the Commander back in the war room. She looked at the pair of you rather suspiciously.

tumblr_inline_nn0slxf0OZ1to74h4_500.gif

Elijah was the first of the duo to notice the robotic woman speak to them. "Odd... but magnificent." Fixing his tie, he gave a small smirk. "No... you are correct, we are neither the captain or a friend of hers... but we are looking for answers as to why exactly are we here." Elijah couldn't help but observe the robotic woman, he had never seen something like her. "Pardon my abruptness, but what are you exactly... if you don't mind telling me and my brother."

tumblr_inline_mo4yyzvWWr1qz4rgp.gif

Klaus was too busy with the aquarium to be bothered by the robotic woman's sudden appearance. He grinned as he gave a small tap to the tank, seeing the fish scatter away from him. Fish scattered away from him, just like family, friends and foes did, maybe he was just cursed to always run people off. Getting bored of the tank, he slid over to where his brother was, now noticing the robot. "Interesting..." Seeing this creature made from man gave Klaus a spark of intrigue.

@Atomyk

From deeper within the engineering bay came a male voice.

"You know, this all sounds very interesting..."

n8RDXKa.jpg

An alien would appear, walking casually toward the trio. He crossed his arms as he walked, his eyes giving Tali an amused look. "... but I think we'll be okay without more time travel stuff we barely know the first thing about."

Tali mimicked Garrus' stance and crossed her arms as well. "Garrus," she said, sounding almost dismissive of the other alien. Garrus only shrugged in response.

"Tali."

The pair stared at each other for a small moment, before Tali eventually broke it off with a small sigh. She looked down at the console she'd been touching at for the last little while. "Shouldn't you have some calibrations to be doing?"

"They're all done." Garrus sounded almost playful, for whatever reason. "For now, anyway."

Clearing her throat, Tali looked back toward Esper and Mastermind. "Well, that's unfortunate. But I suppose my friend is right, the device on board isn't exactly... something any of us are familiar with. Er, don't tell Commander Shepard I said that... Thing is, it's not something we may even need. We'd like to use it only if absolutely necessary, in case of an emergency. I was just hoping to ensure that escape plan wasn't just going to end with us all dying anyway."

"So optimistic," Garrus muttered.

@The Great Detective

"From where I am standing it was quite the opposite." Skeletor would stand silently for a moment before he repeated his question. "I am still waiting on that apology, but I suppose I can't expect much from lumbering neanderthals."

@TheColourlessRainbow @Kakarot! @Kaykay @The Great Detective @The Tactician
"Don't worry, I didn't expect much from a numbskull like you, so the feeling is mutual," Shizuo ain't got time to deal with this crap and continued to walk on. Maybe he could avoid cracking some skulls if he could just get on the elevator...​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Justin
From deeper within the engineering bay came a male voice.

"You know, this all sounds very interesting..."

n8RDXKa.jpg

An alien would appear, walking casually toward the trio. He crossed his arms as he walked, his eyes giving Tali an amused look. "... but I think we'll be okay without more time travel stuff we barely know the first thing about."

Tali mimicked Garrus' stance and crossed her arms as well. "Garrus," she said, sounding almost dismissive of the other alien. Garrus only shrugged in response.

"Tali."

The pair stared at each other for a small moment, before Tali eventually broke it off with a small sigh. She looked down at the console she'd been touching at for the last little while. "Shouldn't you have some calibrations to be doing?"

"They're all done." Garrus sounded almost playful, for whatever reason. "For now, anyway."

Clearing her throat, Tali looked back toward Esper and Mastermind. "Well, that's unfortunate. But I suppose my friend is right, the device on board isn't exactly... something any of us are familiar with. Er, don't tell Commander Shepard I said that... Thing is, it's not something we may even need. We'd like to use it only if absolutely necessary, in case of an emergency. I was just hoping to ensure that escape plan wasn't just going to end with us all dying anyway."

"So optimistic," Garrus muttered.

@The Great Detective
"That's fine. For a second, I thought we were going to use the information from Esper as if it were going to be reliable..."

Mastermind gave a sigh of relief either way, but figured that their work was something that didn't need to be done.

"Oh, why didn't you just say that? Certainly an event that involves all of us dying is a great experiment to test out my Seal of Time!"

Esper's... suggestion did not sound appealing at all, resulting with his saner counterpart to stare back at him with a disapproving look.

"Esper, no one is going to die for your damn experime-"

Before he could finish, Esper already disappeared through another time rift. Great, he's probably off doing something that might either a) piss someone off, b) terrorize the innocent folk, or c) all of the above and more.

"... please excuse my other self, Esper. I suppose time travel and manipulation got to his head at some point..."

@Atomyk

Intruding on this conversation in the Crew's Quarters was one man who had been lounging nearby. Seemingly having been listening in on the conversation, he stood up and took a few measured steps toward Emmeryn and the man she spoke with.

MA1wvuJ.jpg

When he spotted the new man approaching them, the first nodded and wandered off.

"Then it's too bad we don't have it with us here," said the man, looking at Emmeryn intently. "Not that it would necessarily save our butts or anything. Things don't really tend to work the same across all universes." He said this casually as if the concept of inter-dimensional travel was just a normal occurrence. "But, it's interesting to hear about anyway. Magic and things like that... I suppose mass effect fields would seem like magic to someone like yourself."

@The Silver Paladin @TheColourlessRainbow

VegUjgh.jpg

It seemed to take Arcade a considerable amount of effort to even listen to Six's monologue. He turned around before Six was finished to touch at a console set into the wall, but still seemed to be listening. When Six was finished, Arcade let out a small sigh, though it almost sounded like a grunt. "It's in the past. There are bigger problems now."

The door at the opposite side of the med bay from the entrance suddenly beeped, opening up to reveal two figures stepping through. One would be decidedly alien to Six, looking tall, slender, and sporting an almost amphibian look with large black eyes. The other was a dark-skinned human, currently rubbing at his shoulder as if it was sore. It seemed they had been talking in the server room privately, carrying their conversation into the med bay without much care if those occupying the room heard them. Arcade affixed the pair a withering look, clearly not impressed with either of them.

O1EI9tw.png

"... And Mordin, I can't thank you enough. Was worried for a moment there that my shoulder would keep me out of commission for a day or two. That's really the last thing we need right now with the Normandy so understaffed. The last thing the commander needs." The pair had stepped into the middle of the room, the human rolling his shoulder with a grin. "Beautiful. Works like a charm now."

Fv3HDgM.jpg

Mordin gave him a nod. "Think nothing of it, doctor of vessel after all, need all able hands after all."

Mordin's omni-tool woke to life as he started looking up information. "Interested in new arrivals, wouldn't mind tests, not every day you come face to face with travelers from another universe *sharp inhale* fascinating."

Steve noticed the new face in the med-bay once Mordin pointed him out. He turned to Six with a nod, either not noticing Arcade's annoyed glances or just not caring. "You must be one of the new ones. It's a miracle we managed to grab as many of you as we did. I couldn't tell you how the new transport device works, but it seems rather unreliable. Don't know if you were one of the people we rescued or one of the volunteers, but..."

Steve held out a hand toward Six. "... It's nice to have the help."

"And new data." As Mordin said that his omni-tool would scan the man called Six. "Interesting, similar, information to Arcade, acquaintances? Certainly seems like it, need to do more tests, thank you for the information, if you see others tell them I would be interested in them as well."

@Jeremi @Crimson Spartan

Last edited:
One figure stood unnoticed within the Combat Information Center for a time, seemingly concentrating on a terminal at the side of the room. As the energy in the room reached a fever pitch with Skeletor's arrival, the figure turned around to address Shepard and the others she'd brought along with her. He, or she, looked strange for a robot.

Cb2kUSa.jpg

"Shepard-Commander, this is not a sufficient location for combat training. Might we direct the others to the shuttle bay?" The slightly masculine voice sounded like it was being put through a digital filter. Though his offer to direct the others away from the war room was worded as a question, the robotic being seemed intent on carrying out this action whether or not Shepard agreed. "There is an armory and an open space to properly conduct yourselves."

@TheColourlessRainbow @Kakarot! @Kaykay @Jeremi @Mari @Cromartie Sarkissian @C.T. @The Tactician
tumblr_m3w2x2FJgU1qc2r5c.png

"Uuuhhhh, we were already going, gearhead."

It's not like he knew what a Geth was called.

@Atomyk @TheColourlessRainbow @Jeremi

Intruding on this conversation in the Crew's Quarters was one man who had been lounging nearby. Seemingly having been listening in on the conversation, he stood up and took a few measured steps toward Emmeryn and the man she spoke with.

MA1wvuJ.jpg

When he spotted the new man approaching them, the first nodded and wandered off.

"Then it's too bad we don't have it with us here," said the man, looking at Emmeryn intently. "Not that it would necessarily save our butts or anything. Things don't really tend to work the same across all universes." He said this casually, as if the concept of inter-dimensional travel was just a normal occurrence. "But, it's interesting to hear about anyway. Magic and things like that... I suppose mass effect fields would seem like magic to someone like yourself."

@The Silver Paladin @TheColourlessRainbow
"Yes, it would be an aid at this time. I wish I had it with me." Emmeryn said. "And a Mass Effect field? It does sound like some form of magic. Could you please tell me more about it?"

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Poe Dameron
"Don't worry, I didn't expect much from a numbskull like you, so the feeling is mutual," Shizuo ain't got time to deal with this crap and continued to walk on. Maybe he could avoid cracking some skulls if he could just get on the elevator...​

Shizuo would however as he turned around feel like he was frozen in place by some unseen force. "To have to repeat myself a third time." His Havoc staff was poised at Shizuo, no doubt the cause of his current predicament.

Skeletor would slowly walk face to face with Shizuo. "Apologize. I can assure you that you don't want to press me further." He poked the bodyguard on the stomach with the staff for added emphasis.

@The Tactician @Atomyk @TheColourlessRainbow

Shizuo would however as he turned around feel like he was frozen in place by some unseen force. "To have to repeat myself a third time." His Havoc staff was poised at Shizuo, no doubt the cause of his current predicament.

Skeletor would slowly walk face to face with Shizuo. "Apologize. I can assure you that you don't want to press me further." He poked the bodyguard on the stomach with the staff for added emphasis.

@The Tactician @Atomyk @TheColourlessRainbow
tumblr_m3w37tXMSv1qc2r5c.png

Biting back a growl at the magician's ego, Shizuo clenched his fists as his legs refused to move any further, "Funny, I was about to say the same thing to you, bonehead... How about you let me down before I have to do something that I would really hate, namely kick your boney ass?"

@Thecoloulessrainbow @Jeremi @Atomyk

Last edited by a moderator:
She stared back for a small moment before responding, as if she was assessing their response. She seemed to react somewhat neutrally. "Judging by your reactions, this platform is unfamiliar to you both. Perhaps even the concept of an artificial intelligence. Your confusion over your presence on this ship is a concern." The robotic female seemed to convey a constant calm, her tone even and natural. If she thought the unknown pair a threat, she didn't show it. "You can call me EDI. The others on the Normandy do. I am not an organic like yourselves, but a created intelligence. I was installed on-board the Normandy to ensure both its and the crew's well-being."

Stepping forward, EDI offered a better look at herself. "This is an infiltration unit, designed to move among organics without detection. This body allows me to provide limited-fire ground support and to reach areas the ship can't." She then exchanged a glance between the pair.

"... Now, as for why you are here, that is something you should be aware of. There is a device on board that has allowed us to transport others on to the ship. Through this, we have gathered both refugees and those who wish to assist us in our cause. If you are not aware what that cause is, I must inform you that we are in the midst of war."

Last edited:
"... Just try to keep it under control next time."

That is as close to an apology as you're going to get from the blonde. Without another word to the kid or Broly, Shizuo turned away and began to walk back to the elevator, "If you still want a round, Commander, then I'll be down in the docking bay."

@TheColourlessRainbow @Kakarot! @Kaykay @The Great Detective
Even docile as he was, Broly still wasn't the biggest fan of being told what to do. Even if it was to simply keep his power from lashing out. Which given that his body struggled to contain his constantly expanding energy, to the point where it tore at his flesh if left unchecked was easier said than done. But Broly wasn't much of a fighting mood anymore so he'd merely give a small nod in Shizuo's direction. Broly still desired to see everyone on this ship meet an untimely end at his own hands, much with the rest of this galaxy. But it'd have to come gradually and when whatever this child had done to him wore off.

Cb2kUSa.jpg

"Shepard-Commander, this is not a sufficient location for combat training. Might we direct the others to the shuttle bay?" The slightly masculine voice sounded like it was being put through a digital filter. Though his offer to direct the others away from the war room was worded as a question, the robotic being seemed intent on carrying out this action whether or not Shepard agreed. "There is an armory and an open space to properly conduct yourselves."

Robots were used for such things as maintenance or training when Saibamen weren't available for growing saiyans. Or at least that's what Broly's father told him life was like before the two of them were labeled as outcasts to their own homeworld. Hours before the galactic tyrant Frieza would have their world destroyed.

Did this machine serve much of the same purposes? If so who was it to make any kind of suggestions? It should have known it's place was whatever it's master or in this case 'commander' told him. Broly's face scrunched up and he let out a growl in Legion's direction.

"I'll fight where I please..."

Even in his base/natural form, the urge to fight was still flowing through Broly's veins and no amount of powering down would change that. If someone irritated him which wasn't that hard to do admittedly then they could have been in this ship's cafeteria for all it mattered, he'd rip whoever had antagonized him limb from limb! Perhaps he'd start with that Esper being. He'd certainly done himself no favors assuaging the Legendary Super Saiyan's great fury.

Broly's attention was taken away from Legion however when he picked up a new energy. It was quite a powerful one at that. Still nothing to his own of course but worth noting at the very least. Looking over to see who could claim such a power, Broly thought the being it belonged to looked more like a freak than he did! With the face of a corpse and the body of a warrior. His attire reminded Broly somewhat of one of the races he had exterminated when he blew up their planet. He couldn't be arsed to recall which race this was of course, they all sort of just blended together in unbridled amusement at the deaths of billions.

But the man he was arguing with was none other than the same one who had called Broly an 'asshole' and told him to keep his power/anger under control. He was also another being that had earned Broly's anger one times too many. Stomping his way over while still keeping track of wherever Haruka's power went. Because he wanted to know what this child did to him damn it. All the while Red Arrow was barely an afterthought to Broly. He didn't seem like he'd be anything more than a gnat to the saiyan anyway. But as with everything else, that would come later. He just wanted to settle this first.

5145396_6fe90b686b.JPG

"Someone...Apologize...Or I'll settle this..Myself."

@Jeremi @Kaykay @The Tactician @Atomyk

"It certainly didn't sound reliable," quipped Garrus. "Though, maybe we'll call on you when things head South. Can't say it's looking like we have much else at our disposal."

"As long as we stay one step ahead of the Reapers, we still stay alive. Stay alive long enough--"

"--and maybe an actual solution will show itself. I got that."

The pair paused as Esper disappeared into a rift. Garrus took a hasty step away, looking momentarily wary. He exchanged an awkward glance with Tali. "... Well, glad he's on our side. I think."

"I guess... if you or your other self, however that works, manages to think of something that could help us, it would be really appreciated. We've been running across the galaxy and picking up those we could, but something has to change. We're losing hope."

"We've been willing to take on anyone, but judging by some of the people who've hopped on board, I'm not sure that was the best idea. Better than nothing, I suppose."

@The Great Detective

tumblr_m3w37tXMSv1qc2r5c.png

Biting back a growl at the magician's ego, Shizuo clenched his fists as his legs refused to move any further, "Funny, I was about to say the same thing to you, bonehead... How about you let me down, bonehead, before I have to do something that I would really hate, namely kick your boney ass?"

@Thecoloulessrainbow @Jeremi @Atomyk
Skeletor would chuckle at the man in his grasp. "I can assure you right now you can't do anything I wont allow you to. However...your spirit is quite admirable considering the circumstances. Or, and what I assume is correct, you do not quite grasp the gravity of your situation. But perhaps this will suffice for now."

Shizuo would feel his body go down on its knees bowing at the overlord of Evil. "My you shouldn't have! That is more than I ever asked for!" And so with a wave of his staff Shizuo would find himself in control of his body once again. "Try to be more careful next time."

Even docile as he was, Broly still wasn't the biggest fan of being told what to do. Even if it was to simply keep his power from lashing out. Which given that his body struggled to contain his constantly expanding energy, to the point where it tore at his flesh if left unchecked was easier said than done. But Broly wasn't much of a fighting mood anymore so he'd merely give a small nod in Shizuo's direction. Broly still desired to see everyone on this ship meet an untimely end at his own hands, much with the rest of this galaxy. But it'd have to come gradually and when whatever this child had done to him wore off.

Robots were used for such things as maintenance or training when Saibamen weren't available for growing saiyans. Or at least that's what Broly's father told him life was like before the two of them were labeled as outcasts to their own homeworld. Hours before the galactic tyrant Frieza would have their world destroyed.

Did this machine serve much of the same purposes? If so who was it to make any kind of suggestions? It should have known it's place was whatever it's master or in this case 'commander' told him. Broly's face scrunched up and he let out a growl in Legion's direction.

"I'll fight where I please..."

Even in his base/natural form, the urge to fight was still flowing through Broly's veins and no amount of powering down would change that. If someone irritated him which wasn't that hard to do admittedly then they could have been in this ship's cafeteria for all it mattered, he'd rip whoever had antagonized him limb from limb! Perhaps he'd start with that Esper being. He'd certainly done himself no favors assuaging the Legendary Super Saiyan's great fury.

Broly's attention was taken away from Legion however when he picked up a new energy. It was quite a powerful one at that. Still nothing to his own of course but worth noting at the very least. Looking over to see who could claim such a power, Broly thought the being it belonged to looked more like a freak than he did! With the face of a corpse and the body of a warrior. His attire reminded Broly somewhat of one of the races he had exterminated when he blew up their planet. He couldn't be arsed to recall which race this was of course, they all sort of just blended together in unbridled amusement at the deaths of billions.

But the man he was arguing with was none other than the same one who had called Broly an 'asshole' and told him to keep his power/anger under control. He was also another being that had earned Broly's anger one times too many. Stomping his way over while still keeping track of wherever Haruka's power went. Because he wanted to know what this child did to him damn it. All the while Red Arrow was barely an afterthought to Broly. He didn't seem like he'd be anything more than a gnat to the saiyan anyway. But as with everything else, that would come later. He just wanted to settle this first.

5145396_6fe90b686b.JPG

"Someone...Apologize...Or I'll settle this..Myself."
If it's one knucklehead then it's another. "Do not worry, this man went to more than enough lengths to settle any misunderstandings."

"It certainly didn't sound reliable," quipped Garrus. "Though, maybe we'll call on you when things head South. Can't say it's looking like we have much else at our disposal."

"As long as we stay one step ahead of the Reapers, we still stay alive. Stay alive long enough--"

"--and maybe an actual solution will show itself. I got that."

The pair paused as Esper disappeared into a rift. Garrus took a hasty step away, looking momentarily wary. He exchanged an awkward glance with Tali. "... Well, glad he's on our side. I think."

"I guess... if you or your other self, however that works, manages to think of something that could help us, it would be really appreciated. We've been running across the galaxy and picking up those we could, but something has to change. We're losing hope."

"We've been willing to take on anyone, but judging by some of the people who've hopped on board, I'm not sure that was the best idea. Better than nothing, I suppose."

@The Great Detective
tumblr_o124bfxBnO1v3qowuo2_100.png

"... if it comes up to mind, I'll see if I can figure out something. All the while I keep a close eye on my other self."

Though, a certain thought came to mind...

tumblr_o1fd5owCB41v3qowuo4_100.png

"... well, it wasn't much of us being picked up onto this place. It was more of Esper using his time manipulation to bring me and him over here... how he knew where to go for safety after my timeline fell apart is beyond me... in all honesty."

@Atomyk

Skeletor would chuckle at the man in his grasp. "I can assure you right now you can't do anything I wont allow you to. However...your spirit is quite admirable considering the circumstances. Or, and what I assume is correct, you do not quite grasp the gravity of your situation. But perhaps this will suffice for now."

Shizuo would feel his body go down on its knees bowing at the overlord of Evil. "My you shouldn't have! That is more than I ever asked for!" And so with a wave of his staff Shizuo would find himself in control of his body once again. "Try to be more careful next time."

If it's one knucklehead then it's another. "Do not worry, this man went to more than enough lengths to settle any misunderstandings."

tumblr_m3w33m4N0x1qc2r5c.png

"Oh look, the body-building skeleton is making get on my knees... Wonder what Erika and the fangirls would think..."

As he found himself back in control of his body, something finally snapped into place in his mind. This guy he was talking to, he was going to keep doing this shit to Shizuo if he let this go without teaching him a lesson. Guys like this skeleton were bullies, people who got off on starting shit and pushing people around... And after what he had seen when he had met Tom, Shizuo knew only one other fact about bullies as he stood back up and got ready.

He hated jerks like them.

"Hey, No Nose..."

latest

As Broly kept Skeletor's eyes on him, the bartender took his chance and charged forward. His leg swung out and at the numbskull's torso, and if it hit, Shizuo wasn't going to stop with just one hit. He was going to make sure the wall had a nice new imprint of a human body before this was over.​

Status
Not open for further replies.