Status
Not open for further replies.
"You, sir. What exactly are you, if you don't mind me asking?" Lucina wasn't trying to be rude in anyway, she was just curious.

"Ah, excuse me if I came off as rude..." Lucina added almost sheepishly. Though internally, she was shaking her head with a raised brow.

'Out of all the strange things I have seen, this probably isn't even the strangest...I hope I don't see any extremely weird things while here' she thought.

@Atomyk @Crimson Spartan @Mari @C.T. @Hazel-rah @BarrenThin @Everyone else/anybody wanting to interact with Luci

The droid answered proudly. "Answer: I am an HM-47 model assassin droid." He didn't really care about her apology. If she'd really offended him any further than just being an organic already did, he would have shot her by then.

@Lizzy

-Chapter 1 Twilight-
"The Kings No More"
Continued from here.

Mistakes are like some broken toes.
Most are not enough to sideline you,
perhaps they will make you limp around
but only for a while, no permanent damage done.

===

Once it was settled that everyone had decided on what to do with their votes, time seemed to be altered once more, and with a much more smooth transition unlike the first two times, everyone found themselves in the Golden Land once more. Except... they would see that both Gilgamesh and Iskander were separated from the majority of the group by a golden field bound by the Golden Witch's magic.

Just as the Golden Witch had threatened them earlier during the treasure hunt, seven golden lights appeared in the air, surrounding the two of them. With a "boom!" resounding throughout the air, the seven lights sped towards their intended targets, those lights taking the forms of metallic stakes. It didn't matter if these stakes either missed their targets or that Gilgamesh and Iskander were able to avoid the speedy weapons. It turned out these metal stakes were able to rebound off of any flat surface, as long as they were going to pierce through their targets, and soon enough, that was what would happen.

If it wasn't for the fact that they were terribly weakened despite their powers slowly coming back, the two Servants would stand no chance against these stakes, which were Beatrice's Furniture, the Seven Stakes of Purgatory. Not even Gilgamesh's armor could withstand the three stakes that soon pierced into him, suggesting that these stakes were immensely empowered by Beatrice's magic.

As if this wasn't enough, another two more golden lights shined brightly a distance away from the two, and like a gunshot had been let out, a sharp crack of magic energy echoed throughout, a golden arrow thread it's way towards them both. The flashes of red and gold obscured what occurred once the golden arrow had hit their targets... but it was easy to say that the golden arrow had obliterated Gilgamesh's head and Iskander's torso completely.

Heavy thuds could be heard as the two of them fell. They were successfully executed by the Golden Witch.

Speaking of which, Beatrice made her appearance to the group once her Furniture had done their job. If anybody tried attacking her now, they would see that their powers seemed to be nullified once again. This was probably a safety precaution on the Golden Witch's part, that she would only disable their powers when it came to bringing them to the Golden Land or being close to them in general. Though, it seemed like she wanted to say a few words to the group.

tumblr_inline_mv91t867p11rfjfkn.png

"AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Isn't that ENTERTAINING?! My Furniture really overdid themselves with this execution~ You all must be wondering if this was the right decision, that you thought correctly about your votes. Well, let me tell you this... all of you were incompetent enough to never check everyone viable thoroughly!!"

With a snap of her fingers, a golden spotlight fell upon HK-47...

tumblr_inline_mv9btqqcqq1rfjfkn.png

"You see? HK-47 was our hidden traitor for this round of the Game! Did you honestly believe that he, the assassin droid, only had a mere blaster on him? If you players were more direct with your approach on finding who had the right gear for the murder, you should've found a specialized blade he had in his possession to do so. A vibroknife, to be exact. It made it so much easier on my part that he was so willing to do the job of killing another! In other words..."

tumblr_inline_mv9c4oJcnV1rfjfkn.png

"Gilgamesh and Iskander were purely innocent this entire time! Doesn't that stir up frustration and dread in your pathetic heads!? It sure does, I can tell... I've hosted enough Witch's Games to see such annoyance in my opponents when they brought the loss upon themselves!"

A bellowing fit of laughter echoed throughout the Golden Land once she stated all of that in the Red Truth, and in the background, you could see that the bodies of Gilgamesh and Iskander were disappearing in a cluster of golden butterflies. Once the Witch had calmed down from her fit of laughter, she still bore that jeering sneer on her face.

tumblr_inline_mv9c8mYD0O1rfjfkn.png

"Oh, and don't pretend like I forgot about this detail of the Game. I am this game's Gamemaster, after all~ Since all of you have failed to locate this round's traitor, I will receive a karma point because of this. While there's still a lot of this game to be played, please try harder with your efforts if you wish to beat the Golden Witch at her own Game."

With that said, everyone would find themselves transitioning back into the mansion that was now in utter silence. There was no sign of Shannon or Kanon (or this mansion's owner for that matter). The body of Mark was now gone, probably disappeared like the bodies of Gilgamesh and Iskander back in the Golden Land. At least for now, Robin, Piper, and Li were still around, but the fact that Beatrice was now winning this Game of hers... that didn't leave a good feeling collectively with all of them.

Strange that they didn't hear anything coming from the detectives on the walkie talkie radio that Beatrice had mentioned in her update letter when they first happened to encounter the murder scene. Yet, all they could do now is wait... and let the truth settle in their heads.

~Game Scoring~
Beatrice - 1 / Players - 0

-Chapter 1 Twilight-
"The Kings No More"
Continued from here.

===

Once it was settled that everyone had decided on what to do with their votes, time seemed to be altered once more, and with a much more smooth transition unlike the first two times, everyone found themselves in the Golden Land once more. Except... they would see that both Gilgamesh and Iskander were separated from the majority of the group by a golden field bound by the Golden Witch's magic.

Just as the Golden Witch had threatened them earlier during the treasure hunt, seven golden lights appeared in the air, surrounding the two of them. With a "boom!" resounding throughout the air, the seven lights sped towards their intended targets, those lights taking the forms of metallic stakes. It didn't matter if these stakes either missed their targets or that Gilgamesh and Iskander were able to avoid the speedy weapons. It turned out these metal stakes were able to rebound off of any flat surface, as long as they were going to pierce through their targets, and soon enough, that was what would happen.

If it wasn't for the fact that they were terribly weakened despite their powers slowly coming back, the two Servants would stand no chance against these stakes, which were Beatrice's Furniture, the Seven Stakes of Purgatory. Not even Gilgamesh's armor could withstand the three stakes that soon pierced into him, suggesting that these stakes were immensely empowered by Beatrice's magic.

As if this wasn't enough, another two more golden lights shined brightly a distance away from the two, and like a gunshot had been let out, a sharp crack of magic energy echoed throughout, a golden arrow thread it's way towards them both. The flashes of red and gold obscured what occurred once the golden arrow had hit their targets... but it was easy to say that the golden arrow had obliterated Gilgamesh's head and Iskander's torso completely.

Heavy thuds could be heard as the two of them fell. They were successfully executed by the Golden Witch.

Speaking of which, Beatrice made her appearance to the group once her Furniture had done their job. If anybody tried attacking her now, they would see that their powers seemed to be nullified once again. This was probably a safety precaution on the Golden Witch's part, that she would only disable their powers when it came to bringing them to the Golden Land or being close to them in general. Though, it seemed like she wanted to say a few words to the group.

"AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Isn't that ENTERTAINING?! My Furniture really overdid themselves with this execution~ You all must be wondering if this was the right decision, that you thought correctly about your votes. Well, let me tell you this... all of you were incompetent enough to never check everyone viable thoroughly!!"

"You see? HK-47 was our hidden traitor for this round of the Game! Did you honestly believe that he, the assassin droid, only had a mere blaster on him? If you players were more direct with your approach on finding who had the right gear for the murder, you should've found a specialized blade he had in his possession to do so. A vibroknife, to be exact. It made it so much easier on my part that he was so willing to do the job of killing another! In other words..."

"Gilgamesh and Iskander were purely innocent this entire time! Doesn't that stir up frustration and dread in your pathetic heads!? It sure does, I can tell... I've hosted enough Witch's Games to see such annoyance in my opponents when they brought the loss upon themselves!"

A bellowing fit of laughter echoed throughout the Golden Land once she stated all of that in the Red Truth, and in the background, you could see that the bodies of Gilgamesh and Iskander were disappearing in a cluster of golden butterflies. Once the Witch had calmed down from her fit of laughter, she still bore that jeering sneer on her face.

"Oh, and don't pretend like I forgot about this detail of the Game. I am this game's Gamemaster, after all~ Since all of you have failed to locate this round's traitor, I will receive a karma point because of this. While there's still a lot of this game to be played, please try harder with your efforts if you wish to beat the Golden Witch at her own Game."

With that said, everyone would find themselves transitioning back into the mansion that was now in utter silence. There was no sign of Shannon or Kanon (or this mansion's owner for that matter). The body of Mark was now gone, probably disappeared like the bodies of Gilgamesh and Iskander back in the Golden Land. At least for now, Robin, Piper, and Li were still around, but the fact that Beatrice was now winning this Game of hers... that didn't leave a good feeling collectively with all of them.

Strange that they didn't hear anything coming from the detectives on the walkie talkie radio that Beatrice had mentioned in her update letter when they first happened to encounter the murder scene. Yet, all they could do now is wait... and let the truth settle in their heads.

~Game Scoring~

tumblr_n1xasa0Yw01r0gdwgo4_500.gif

"What!?! That dastard.... That.... Golden bitch..... I'll get her for this! I will not rest until she has been slain!" Oh dear Chrom was angry now... His hand wrapped around Falchion's hilt as it rested in his sheath.

1280481_352425761555139_354082820_n.jpg

"Oh...The games are only beginning...... Just don't cry if we win and I choose to make you suffer golden dastard..." Oh boy..... They both wanted her blood now.

@Lizzy @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Jeremi @ThoseAround

-Chapter 1 Twilight-
"The Kings No More"
Continued from here.

===

~Game Scoring~
tumblr_inline_navtwkGeFl1sfvecc.jpg

"Congratulations, Beatrice, you did absolutely nothing of your own effort, got one measly point, and now you're suddenly enthralled by the sound of your own voice. Your humbleness is so absolutely admirable, if you could earn points for it alone, you would be at ten already," It seemed that Robin wasn't exactly impressed by Beatrice's actions, instead choosing to snap at her once again with a bored expression. Though in a situation like this, it was strange that the man could witness the cruel executions of two innocents without any sort of reaction, especially when one was an acquaintance of his...

"Though you know, back in my day, the detectives would actually inform their comrades of their discoveries in some way..."

tumblr_inline_n8q83cVDha1sfvecc.png

Dammit... We failed...

"What do we...?" Morgan quietly mumbled, apparently in shock after witnessing the execution of their comrades. How could we mess up that badly... How could we let that thing...

tumblr_inline_n8q846rXuM1sfvecc.png

Suddenly, her eyes hardened as a controlled anger built inside her soul. That dastard... That unfeeling, remorseless... machine... "Bolt bucket... You're a monster, a monster that deserves to be crush, compacted, and melted down into sheet metal..." I'm going to get him. That thing won't express remorse for his crimes, because even he could do so, he's made it clear he kills with glee. He doesn't deserve to escape like Deedee... Mark... Io... Gilgamesh... Plutia... Iskander... and Teemo... They don't deserve this hell, and he doesn't deserve to escape it.

@BarrenThin @Hospes @The Silver Paladin @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
-Chapter 1 Twilight-
"The Kings No More"
Continued from here.

===

~Game Scoring~
Wait what.

Plutia though that in a Murder Game, people got sent back or something along those lines. But the voted gets a punishment?

tumblr_inline_nsjm9gH2dM1re9spw_540.png

"This rage... I cannot contain it!"

"WHAT THE? Who are you?!?!" Teemo exclaimed from the surprise.​

"My name is Iris Heart... but that doesn't matter for now. Beatrice! You better come out now, or I'll make sure your little game doesn't go as planned!"

Someone save us all.

@ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY​

-Chapter 1 Twilight-
"The Kings No More"
Continued from here.

===

~Game Scoring~
1446164783357.jpg

Somewhat accustomed to being jostled around by this so called 'witch' and whatever hocus-pocus she may have had at her disposal, Herbert didn't flinch at the mention of their votes being incorrect or Iskander/Gilgamesh's rather gory execution. After all if the votes had swung a different way, it could have been him and Jason getting their heads and torsos blown off. That and Herbert had zero interaction so why feel remorse for someone you didn't know? The answer was that you didn't.

"So, while the witch continues to run her mouth and brag of her victory over us, it makes me wonder how I or any of us could have been so clueless. To not think that the literally heartless machine dedicated to killing 'meatbags' would have shown zero reluctance to murder both a man and a child. Perhaps, we'll learn from this rather eye-opening experience. Or so I'd like to hope. I'm unsure of the rest of you but being murdered for a crime my hands were not responsible for would be quite...unfortunate. Shame about these two however. Can't imagine they suffered for too long in any case." He mused before looking over to see what Jason's reaction might have been to the whole thing.

The zombie for his part remained deathly still even after being brought along with the others. Looking straight ahead, he cared naught for Iskander and Gilgamesh's demises. They weren't anybody he cared about but more importantly, they weren't the ones who had killed the child. No, that fell onto someone he didn't have the thought to think of charging.

But he'd been standing there the whole time, trying to prove that Iskander and Gilgamesh could have been responsible for this kill and nobody else. Yet, he'd been the one who raised his blade and struck both of them down. Jason didn't like feeling powerless, that was his victim's job.

But he'd make things right here. He'd avenge the fallen child. Glancing towards HK out of the corner of his hockey mask, he'd reach for his machete and turned to make his way towards the assassin droid only for Herbert to place a hand atop the zombie's shoulder.

"What do you think attacking him now would solve, hm? I know you're not one for thought but use what little brainpower you have to think! You're surrounded and attacking him now would only make you and by extension myself seem like even more of a liability for whatever next murder might occur. If we're not the ones that are killed next ourselves! There will come a time for your rage, Jason Voorhees. But now is simply not the time. For what if the witch simply re-wrote his circuitry/made his prime directive to murder the girl? Would you kill one who lacked the free will to go against the orders that've been forced onto them?"

The irony of that statement was lost on Herbert as he continued to order Jason around, despite the zombie clearly possessing a free will of his own.

200_s.gif

Jason's entire body trembled as Herbert felt bold enough to place a hand on him. An act like that normally would have lead to the hand being removed. Either by Jason cutting it off or ripping it straight off the arm. But much to his growing hatred, the Reagent prevented him from acting on the many negative impulses he had towards Herbert and just about everybody here with the exception of Aya and the girl who seemed to do not much but cry.

But lack of free-will or not, Jason may not have been the sharpest machete in the chest cavity but he had enough brainpower to know that the witch said HK was responsible for the man's death of which Jason didn't care one bit. But the child had been slain as well, brutally murdered at that. Was Jason just supposed to let it go without so much as even a nod? It was clear that Jason was fighting against the Reagent's restrictive influence but he took one heavy step forward after another with his machete gripped tight. Wincing at the potential scene Jason would kick up, Herbert stepped in front of the zombie and pushed on his chest in an effort to try and bring his stride to a stop.

"You're not going to cause a scene, Jason Voorhees! What would Aya think of it?! I can't imagine she'd be singing your praises anymore!" The scientist cried out and Jason's eye shot open. That's right, in all of this he had forgotten about Aya. Coming to a halt before he reached HK, Jason shoved Herbert aside and quickly glanced around for wherever Aya had ended up among the group. Was she okay, was she safe? These were questioned that needed an answer fast or someone or something was getting it's back snapped in two over Jason's knee.

@BarrenThin @Hospes @The Silver Paladin @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @CCC Kouhai @Atomyk

• Nice Execution!
-Chapter 1 Twilight-
"The Kings No More"
Continued from here.

===

~Game Scoring~
lW3rNIh.png
Heather couldn't believe that Toaster was the killer... well he did hate humans, so yeah. "Wow." Heather also doesn't understand how The Murder Games work, but even she knew that most innocent people do not get destroyed if they are found out to be actually innocent, that made Heather mad. "I can't believe she did that." She didn't have the energy to scream out at the witch, seeing as Beatrice wasn't in the room at all. "Where is Toaster, I got something I would like to say to that bastard." Holding onto her violin, she noticed that Jason was going after the robot... she didn't need another messed up limb, so she stayed out the way. "This is great... we're all going to die, and that witch is going to laugh at our dead corpses." She threw her hands into the air, annoyed with everything.

@Any One

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mari
HK fished a bloody vibroknife from the bottom of the bag that no one checked.
The blade hummed quietly, and, as though to demonstrate, he landed a glancing blow on Mark's corpse. Despite how light the blow was, it left a gaping, unnaturally clean wound.

"Amused Statement: I wasn't aware it was possible to play a group of meatbags so easily."

HK wouldn't be surprised by any attacks, though. He pulled out an explosive and primed it. It was small. Like a grenade. But, with tech like his, who knew how big the blast would be?

"Statement: I do not recommend making any moves, though, meatbags, or you'll quickly find out what a thermal detonator does."

@Everyone

-Chapter 1 Twilight-
"The Kings No More"
Continued from here.

===

~Game Scoring~
Shit! It wasn't like he cared about the two he'd voted for. He'd lost an ally, but too bad. No, what mattered was that he was wrong. Golden bitch here had one up on him. Since when had he lost control of the situation? ...Well, that was obvious, but still something Hazama was not quite used to. He would've probably attempted to simply beat her down, but...

3.png

"Well done, you wretched bitch. I'm almost impressed. Almost."

21.png

"It's just, well, disappointing you're such a coward." Hazama had not failed to notice his Ouroboros was not effective when attempting to strike down the Witch. Perhaps a little goading could fix that.
"You're not going to cause a scene, Jason Voorhees! What would Aya think of it?! I can't imagine she'd be singing your praises anymore!" The scientist cried out and Jason's eye shot open. That's right, in all of this he had forgotten about Aya. Coming to a halt before he reached HK, Jason shoved Herbert aside and quickly glanced around for wherever Aya had ended up among the group. Was she okay, was she safe? These were questioned that needed an answer fast or someone or something was getting it's back snapped in two over Jason's knee.
"Now now, Mister West. I don't imagine even sweet little Aya would object to killing a heartless robot, literally! Why don't you let your doll clean up the trash for you, hm? After all, such a remorseless killer...isn't that just terrible? C'mon, Jazzy! Cleave his guts out! Or, well, circuits in this case, I suppose."

No need to keep a killer droid in their midst, and with everyone riling against it now was the perfect opportunity to get rid of it. Oh, mindless, mobbing people. Never change.

In the meantime, Yuna just watched in shock as Gilgamesh and Iskander were executed. They...were wrong? And now more people were dying? To make things worse, the droid wasn't even affected by the magic...he just went out and killed on his own? What kind of monster was this?!

tumblr_inline_ndv7bnru441r79yns.png

"Don't worry, Mr. Hazama! I'm going to knock the lights out of him!"

Yuna immediately prepared to attack the bot, until he pulled out the grenade. Perhaps she could simply catch the explosion, though? There was no way that little grenade could compare to those Vertex, right? Regardless, she hesitated a bit.

6.png

"What're you all waiting for? Murder this piece of scrap!"

@BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @TheSpringwoodSlasher @everyone I guess?​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
The blade hummed quietly, and, as though to demonstrate, he landed a glancing blow on Mark's corpse. Despite how light the blow was, it left a gaping, unnaturally clean wound.

"Amused Statement: I wasn't aware it was possible to play a group of meatbags shop easily."

HK wouldn't be surprised by any attacks, though. He pulled out an explosive and primed it. It was small. Like a grenade. But, with tech like his, who knew how big the blast would be?

"Statement: I do not recommend making any moves, though, meatbags, or you'll quickly find out what a thermal detonator does."

@Everyone
tumblr_inline_mwoxyxxIK01re9spw.png

"You really think that THAT pitiful excuse will save yourself?" Iris Heart said while trying to channel electricity through her blade. Granted, it was a very weak one, due to their powers being taken away.

tumblr_inline_mwoxy0Hg4y1re9spw.png

"I might just have to punish you." she said as she lashed out at HK.

Cue Teemo going to Morgan.

@The Tactician @EVERYONE ELSE​

tumblr_inline_mwoxyxxIK01re9spw.png

"You really think that THAT pitiful excuse will save yourself?" Iris Heart said while trying to channel electricity through her blade. Granted, it was a very weak one, due to their powers being taken away.

tumblr_inline_mwoxy0Hg4y1re9spw.png

"I might just have to punish you." she said as she lashed out at HK.

Cue Teemo going to Morgan.

@The Tactician @EVERYONE ELSE​

HK presented a stronger part of his durasteel armor to the attack, the blade in her weakened state doing nothing to the incredibly powerful metal. The electricity itself didn't seem to do much.

"Statement: Ah, well. Suit yourselves. Maybe some of you will live, but the weak ones, like the child... Too bad. You made a gamble. You lost." The detonator began to beep rapidly as he pressed a button. "Collateral damage so you can get revenge, I suppose."

@Bomb
@Everyone​

"Amused Statement: I wasn't aware it was possible to play a group of meatbags shop easily."

@Everyone
HK presented a stronger part of his durasteel armor to the attack, the blade in her weakened state doing nothing to the incredibly powerful metal. The electricity itself didn't seem to do much.

"Statement: Ah, well. Suit yourselves. Maybe some of you will live, but the weak ones, like the child... Too bad. You made a gamble. You lost." The detonator began to beep rapidly as he pressed a button. "Collateral damage so you can get revenge, I suppose."

@Bomb
@Everyone​

Leah cautiously loaded a crossbow bolt. "Go the hell away." She cast a magic spell. "Go to hell, Automaton!"

-Chapter 1 Twilight-
"The Kings No More"
Continued from here.

===

~Game Scoring~
t3TbsSN.png

"N-No..."

Aya couldn't believe her eyes as she saw the Witch execute both Iskander and Gilgamesh, covering her ears as she tried her best to block the Witch's voice. Intense fear began to spread within the child as she began shaking her head constantly.

"N-No... N-o... No... No... NO!!"

How could it be that they failed in finding the killer?... Why didn't they check more thoroughly?... Aya knew something wasn't right in the votes, but... she didn't stop them. She didn't contribute more to the investigation. She didn't think about it. She didn't realize that every single one of these people weren't friendly, trustful beings who couldn't have lied when each of them showed their weapons... No. They should have forced them into exposing everything...

It was then that tears filled Aya's eyes for once as the fear slowly shifted into what could have been guilt. She was guilty of leading them off.

"Mother... Father... What have I done to deserve this?" Aya thought to herself. "I failed..."

"I-I failed..." Aya began to cry more as she could only feel the guilt of the vote. "I-I killed them, didn't I?..." She couldn't have done anything to the actual killer. She was too weak to even lay a tiny hand on the robot, but Aya could have been smarter about her vote... or even changed people's minds about it.

t3TbsSN.png

@Gummi Bunnies @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Atomyk @Jeremi @Kaykay @Bomb @C.T. @EVERYONE​

Last edited by a moderator:

@Bomb
@Everyone​
tumblr_inline_n6990hcuSc1re9spw.png

"Oh my. How rude. Like a bomb would stop me." Iris Heart simply responded to HK's threat.

And cue more lashes at HK, trying to deconstruct him.

@BarrenThin

Leah cautiously loaded a crossbow bolt. "Go the hell away." She cast a magic spell. "Go to hell, Automaton!"

It seemed the meatbags didn't grasp that he'd just armed a bomb and had sentenced half of the present company to death. They also didn't seem to grasp that he wanted to live and wouldn't do so if they backed off.

How typical of meatbags. So caught up in thirst for revenge, they wouldn't even consider the consequences.

He nimbly avoided both of Leah's attacks as the beeping accelerated. His AI would be rebuilt elsewhere. Always was. These people would just die... and they'd stay dead.

tumblr_inline_n6990hcuSc1re9spw.png

"Oh my. How rude. Like a bomb would stop me." Iris Heart simply responded to HK's threat.

And cue more lashes at HK, trying to deconstruct him.

@BarrenThin

HK parried several attacks with his knife, tanking only the ones he felt confident he could. "Clarification: You appear to have misunderstood me. Allow me to elaborate."

Launching a thunderous gut punch, he across the room regardless of if it hit or not and put the knife to Deedee's neck. "I'll kill as many of you meatbags as I can... but not without making you watch her die first. So, naturally, I'd recommend backing away... because I assure you, I'll kill her before you can stop me. One stab is all it takes. And then you'll have to line with that, you meatbags and your moral codes. Some of you, anyways."

@Bomb
@Hospes
@Everyone​

During the chaos that would ensue after the execution, a new message was left in the envelopes that the players had with them.

Now now. I wouldn't be the type to stop the conflicts, actually, I do enjoy the bickering and the wanting to kill our clever traitor. It's all like a dramatized play for me~ However, I wouldn't want to see that someone without my and the Maestro's advisal to become a traitor themselves kill this one. Unless you want to have a personal experience in another one of my executions, I don't mind at all!

~Golden Witch Beatrice

Well, there was that warning that the Witch was giving to the others. Suppose she only followed the rule of "letting the chosen traitors of the game kill only once" just so she has the excuse to execute as many people as she liked.

@EVERYONE​

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Hmmmmm....Mr Satan?"
"Y-y-yes Mr Buu?"
"Why nice girl no want Buu's candy? Who no like candy?" Buu was confused. Even in his infinite existence, never had he encountered anyone willing to turn down his candy (bare in mind, A lot of the time they accepted out of fear, but let's not get caught up in the technicalities)
"Well...I...errrrrmmm..." The Champ was confused too; what child says not to candy? She must have been really upset about this whole "big protector/brother/mentor murdered" thing... But there was something else too...

A bruise.... Peeking out from the side of her arm, shrouded from the glances of many like a bat in the dark....she must have been hurt by someone...something....
Perhaps she was a martial artist like Satan? Or maybe she was just clumsy.... Or maybe...just maybe

She was being abused

"Well I never! That girls has been given w beating by someone, Buu! Now that's hardly fair at all, is it? I refuse to stand for it! Forget calling child services, Mr Satan is in town, and anyone who tries to hurt this little cretin again is going to get the smack down of his life!'

View attachment 92349
"Maybe that what mean man doing. Maybe he mean to scare other mean people away...."
For the first time in his infinite existence, Majin Buu had a point
"I...I guess so....well...if she won't trust us... Then perhaps you should... Heal her....just like you healed me when I got shot.... I know your powers have been weakened, but they're coming back a tad....and that should be enough to fix a couple of bruises...."
"Mr Satan right! Buu do right thing! Buu do right thing!"

He thrust out his hands toward the child
"Stay still, and Buu fix you! Buu have magic tricks!"
At an instance, a strange green energy eave began to flow from his mitten-tips, washing over the child, healing her wounds
"Don't be afraid of Buu! Buu be kind! Buu be kind! Buu keep you safe now!"
View attachment 92351
@Hospes @The Tactician @Kaykay @Bomb @The Silver Paladin
Mobile post
No colour because I'm on the go
Crono
@Hospes @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @Bomb @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Others

Crono wasn't really sure how to explain what he told her, but, looking into her eyes, he saw something familiar about them... Had they met before? Maybe in the previous Murder Game he had attended that many months ago? Though, what struck him as odd was that he had no memory of another young girl besides Yuka... Then again, he did see those eyes before... But, that girl had been older than Deedee, though he had to admit; they shared a striking resemblance to one another. What was her name? It started with a T... Triss? No, not quite, Ter.... Teresa! That was it! He remembered her faintly from that event; she had become a reaper... Just like he had, only, he ended up as a reserve reaper, but... How in the world did she end up as a child? And, more importantly; was she even the same Teresa he had met in that game?​
-Chapter 1 Twilight-
"The Kings No More"
Continued from here.

===

~Game Scoring~
1446164783357.jpg

Somewhat accustomed to being jostled around by this so called 'witch' and whatever hocus-pocus she may have had at her disposal, Herbert didn't flinch at the mention of their votes being incorrect or Iskander/Gilgamesh's rather gory execution. After all if the votes had swung a different way, it could have been him and Jason getting their heads and torsos blown off. That and Herbert had zero interaction so why feel remorse for someone you didn't know? The answer was that you didn't.

"So, while the witch continues to run her mouth and brag of her victory over us, it makes me wonder how I or any of us could have been so clueless. To not think that the literally heartless machine dedicated to killing 'meatbags' would have shown zero reluctance to murder both a man and a child. Perhaps, we'll learn from this rather eye-opening experience. Or so I'd like to hope. I'm unsure of the rest of you but being murdered for a crime my hands were not responsible for would be quite...unfortunate. Shame about these two however. Can't imagine they suffered for too long in any case." He mused before looking over to see what Jason's reaction might have been to the whole thing.

The zombie for his part remained deathly still even after being brought along with the others. Looking straight ahead, he cared naught for Iskander and Gilgamesh's demises. They weren't anybody he cared about but more importantly, they weren't the ones who had killed the child. No, that fell onto someone he didn't have the thought to think of charging.

But he'd been standing there the whole time, trying to prove that Iskander and Gilgamesh could have been responsible for this kill and nobody else. Yet, he'd been the one who raised his blade and struck both of them down. Jason didn't like feeling powerless, that was his victim's job.

But he'd make things right here. He'd avenge the fallen child. Glancing towards HK out of the corner of his hockey mask, he'd reach for his machete and turned to make his way towards the assassin droid only for Herbert to place a hand atop the zombie's shoulder.

"What do you think attacking him now would solve, hm? I know you're not one for thought but use what little brainpower you have to think! You're surrounded and attacking him now would only make you and by extension myself seem like even more of a liability for whatever next murder might occur. If we're not the ones that are killed next ourselves! There will come a time for your rage, Jason Voorhees. But now is simply not the time. For what if the witch simply re-wrote his circuitry/made his prime directive to murder the girl? Would you kill one who lacked the free will to go against the orders that've been forced onto them?"

The irony of that statement was lost on Herbert as he continued to order Jason around, despite the zombie clearly possessing a free will of his own.

200_s.gif

Jason's entire body trembled as Herbert felt bold enough to place a hand on him. An act like that normally would have lead to the hand being removed. Either by Jason cutting it off or ripping it straight off the arm. But much to his growing hatred, the Reagent prevented him from acting on the many negative impulses he had towards Herbert and just about everybody here with the exception of Aya and the girl who seemed to do not much but cry.

But lack of free-will or not, Jason may not have been the sharpest machete in the chest cavity but he had enough brainpower to know that the witch said HK was responsible for the man's death of which Jason didn't care one bit. But the child had been slain as well, brutally murdered at that. Was Jason just supposed to let it go without so much as even a nod? It was clear that Jason was fighting against the Reagent's restrictive influence but he took one heavy step forward after another with his machete gripped tight. Wincing at the potential scene Jason would kick up, Herbert stepped in front of the zombie and pushed on his chest in an effort to try and bring his stride to a stop.

@BarrenThin @Hospes @The Silver Paladin @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @CCC Kouhai @Atomyk

If Deedee cared that Mr. Satan and Buu were talking about her like she wasn't there, it didn't show. No, she was still too caught up in her own personal world of misery and sadness to care about the fact that they found her lack of interest in candy odd. Granted, at the mention of the injuries littering her entire small body with great severity, she only seemed to shrink up. She had practically forgotten about the incident with the rest of her village at this point, but it was still painful to think about. If only she'd had Trina here through this situation like she had through that one, too...

Next thing the girl knew, though, one of the two men that had been conversing had held out his hands toward her, causing the child's teary eyes to widen. She didn't think she could take another beating.. Not without Trina or Mark here to be with her through it. Despite the thought, the child braced herself to be harmed by the odd man.. But, much to her surprise, nothing came. In fact... Much to her surprise, her countless injuries and wounds started to heal!

...Granted, the child seemed terrified by this.

Despite that, nothing changed. She just stayed still, tears streaming down her face in large amounts. She was trying to bolster up enough stability to express something other than sadness, but then it happened. Stakes came out of nowhere, shooting after the outvoted Gilgamesh and Iskander. Deedee didn't know the two men well, but Iskander had tried to provide comfort for her earlier, and didn't seem anything like the bad men or the Cranks. So seeing him and that other man die like that- especially after it being revealed that they were innocent -made her want to scream.

But all that came was a choked sound of agony, as though crying so much had taken too much out of her for her to scream.

Somehow, Deedee wasn't surprised by the revelation that the culprit had been HK. He was seemingly lifeless, and from what the others were saying, had expressed interest in killing. Deep beneath the surface, the child was mad. Enraged. Afraid. She hated that tin can for taking Mark from her when her friend had done no wrong and hadn't deserved to die, and she wished the robot would just fall apart into scraps. That's what the thing deserved. But, at the same time.. Maybe this was a good thing. Mark didn't have to suffer like she had seen her parents and friends do before her at the cause of the Flare.

The thought was depressing.

Before the child could do anything else, though...
It seemed the meatbags didn't grasp that he'd just armed a bomb and had sentenced half of the present company to death. They also didn't seem to grasp that he wanted to live and wouldn't do so if they backed off.

How typical of meatbags. So caught up in thirst for revenge, they wouldn't even consider the consequences.

He nimbly avoided both of Leah's attacks as the beeping accelerated. His AI would be rebuilt elsewhere. Always was. These people would just die... and they'd stay dead.

HK parried several attacks with his knife, tanking only the ones he felt confident he could. "Clarification: You appear to have misunderstood me. Allow me to elaborate."

Launching a thunderous gut punch, he across the room regardless of if it hit or not and put the knife to Deedee's neck. "I'll kill as many of you meatbags as I can... but not without making you watch her die first. So, naturally, I'd recommend backing away... because I assure you, I'll kill her before you can stop me. One stab is all it takes. And then you'll have to line with that, you meatbags and your moral codes. Some of you, anyways."

@Bomb
@Hospes
@Everyone​

"..."

Being moments away from potentially dying was funny, really. Deedee knew she was supposed to be dead. That's what she deserved, wasn't it? Those were things her village had taught her all those days in the scary basement, being tortured... She was terrified, but rather than scream, the only sounds she could make were simply choked sobs as she continued crying away.

@BarrenThin @york @Cromartie Sarkissian @Bomb @The Tactician @Everyone​

"Amused Statement: I wasn't aware it was possible to play a group of meatbags so easily."

@Everyone

So that's what a grenade was, eh? Jason had heard of them muttered every now and again when police officers joked about what they'd need to take Jason down. In the end it took an airstrike along with a mix of his soul being dragged down to Hell for a while to keep Jason down after he'd been turned into a zombie. But Aya was still in danger. She would be as long as this child-killer lurked among them.

He hadn't seen her yet but he couldn't let this machine get away with this. Not while he was still up and about. As Herbert continued to push on Jason's chest to try and slow him down, a green glow could have been seen coming from the back of Jason's jacket-where his spine was exposed. Herbert couldn't quite make heads or tails of it but Jason had some idea of what it meant.

That green stuff West kept injecting him with. It was working against his every movement that didn't co-exist with every order West gave him and it was starting to drip out of his body due to the zombie's refusal of it, hence the glowing spine.

The grip on his machete grew tighter as Jason was not at all deterred by the grenade or 'thermal detonator' and Herbert's insistence for Jason to back down grew even more. What if he lost Jason in the explosion or if he was severely damaged? What if he was damaged along with his Reagent vials? They'd be no good anymore! No use to the world of science!

As the detonator touched onto the ground and began to beep, Herbert lost and all reservations and quickly stood behind Jason. For all the good he'd assume it'd do him when the explosion finally went off.

Jason was less frightened of what was to come and he'd watch as HK might as well have shrugged off Iris Heart's strike. Glancing down at his machete, he had a feeling that if he got too close he'd be blown to pieces and then there went him bringing down the one who had slain a child in cold blood. It could also have meant the death of DeeDee. The alternative meant he might lose his machete but he supposed it was worth it. He still had that glass shard after all

Rearing back with his machete, Jason sought to hurl it with as much strength as he could muster. To hopefully pierce HK's chest cavity and incapacitate him enough for DeeDee to escape.

tumblr_mrlaomfwkO1rp0vkjo2_500.gif

t3TbsSN.png

"N-No..."

Aya couldn't believe her eyes as she saw the Witch execute both Iskander and Gilgamesh, covering her ears as she tried her best to block the Witch's voice. Intense fear began to spread within the child as she began shaking her head constantly.

How could it be that they failed in finding the killer?... Why didn't they check more thoroughly?... Aya knew something wasn't right in the votes, but... she didn't stop them. She didn't contribute more to the investigation. She didn't think about it. She didn't realize that every single one of these people weren't friendly, trustful beings who couldn't have lied when each of them showed their weapons... No. They should have forced them into exposing everything...

It was then that tears filled Aya's eyes for once as the fear slowly shifted into what could have been guilt. She was guilty of leading them off.

"Mother... Father... What have I done to deserve this?" Aya thought to herself. "I failed..."

"I-I failed..." Aya began to cry more as she could only feel the guilt of the vote. "I-I killed them, didn't I?..." She couldn't have done anything to the actual killer. She was too weak to even lay a tiny hand on the robot, but Aya could have been smarter about her vote... or even changed people's minds about it.

t3TbsSN.png

@Gummi Bunnies @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Atomyk @Jeremi @Kaykay @Bomb @C.T. @EVERYONE​
Dee-Dee wasn't the only child that may have had their life on the line. Grabbing Herbert by the back of his jacket, he'd turn his head until he could see where Aya was crying.

He'd seen a child murdered, another one in tears as a result of that death even if Jason himself did not care about Mark's demise, and now the child he had tried to make believe that he was not the utter monster Hazama made him out to be. Upon finding her in the crowd, Jason roughly flung Herbert down and reached down to put his hand onto Aya's head and lean her into leaning onto his leg/side.

It was about as 'affectionate' as the killer would ever get and it was also meant to help better protect Aya from the brunt of the explosion. It wouldn't have been the first one Jason had been involved in but both times he'd been sent flying. If the same were to occur here then he'd prevent as much damage as he could from falling upon the child.

If West died then that was just too bad.

If DeeDee died?

Then all the more reason to protect Aya.

@BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Kaykay @CCC Kouhai @Atomyk

t3TbsSN.png

"N-No..."

t3TbsSN.png

8.png

"FINALLY! You figured it out! I told you that naivety was just going to be a thorn in your side, and well, here it is! Oh, if only your head were a little clearer, less muddled, less confused, less trusting. But you know what they say. Every loss is a lesson, and I think you know what the lesson here is, hm? You're a smart little girl, you could've done so. Much. More. Yet, here we stand, having failed to apprehend the real killer and letting two more lives go to waste for no good reason. All because you were so sure you could trust people. It must be so painful to know that your ineptitude is the reason those two are dead right now! Are you disappointed? Angry? Depressed? Enraged?? HAHAHAHA! Well, that's what happens eventually when you wander out into the real world, Aya. I'd remember that when hanging out around your favorite little machete friend..."

Yuna in the meantime backed off and reverted to her normal form. She wasn't planning to kill him anyway, but with the Witch's warning she didn't want others to have to die for no reason.

tumblr_inline_ndv7citOQd1r79yns.png

"G-guys, calm down! We haven't lost yet! We can still win this game! And then we'll get wishes, right? I'm sure everything will turn out okay as long as we keep working together, okay?"

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @CCC Kouhai @BarrenThin @Bomb @The Silver Paladin @The Tactician

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

@Bomb
@Hospes
@Everyone​
If Deedee cared that Mr. Satan and Buu were talking about her like she wasn't there, it didn't show. No, she was still too caught up in her own personal world of misery and sadness to care about the fact that they found her lack of interest in candy odd. Granted, at the mention of the injuries littering her entire small body with great severity, she only seemed to shrink up. She had practically forgotten about the incident with the rest of her village at this point, but it was still painful to think about. If only she'd had Trina here through this situation like she had through that one, too...

Next thing the girl knew, though, one of the two men that had been conversing had held out his hands toward her, causing the child's teary eyes to widen. She didn't think she could take another beating.. Not without Trina or Mark here to be with her through it. Despite the thought, the child braced herself to be harmed by the odd man.. But, much to her surprise, nothing came. In fact... Much to her surprise, her countless injuries and wounds started to heal!

...Granted, the child seemed terrified by this.

Despite that, nothing changed. She just stayed still, tears streaming down her face in large amounts. She was trying to bolster up enough stability to express something other than sadness, but then it happened. Stakes came out of nowhere, shooting after the outvoted Gilgamesh and Iskander. Deedee didn't know the two men well, but Iskander had tried to provide comfort for her earlier, and didn't seem anything like the bad men or the Cranks. So seeing him and that other man die like that- especially after it being revealed that they were innocent -made her want to scream.

But all that came was a choked sound of agony, as though crying so much had taken too much out of her for her to scream.

Somehow, Deedee wasn't surprised by the revelation that the culprit had been HK. He was seemingly lifeless, and from what the others were saying, had expressed interest in killing. Deep beneath the surface, the child was mad. Enraged. Afraid. She hated that tin can for taking Mark from her when her friend had done no wrong and hadn't deserved to die, and she wished the robot would just fall apart into scraps. That's what the thing deserved. But, at the same time.. Maybe this was a good thing. Mark didn't have to suffer like she had seen her parents and friends do before her at the cause of the Flare.

The thought was depressing.

Before the child could do anything else, though...

"..."

Being moments away from potentially dying was funny, really. Deedee knew she was supposed to be dead. That's what she deserved, wasn't it? Those were things her village had taught her all those days in the scary basement, being tortured... She was terrified, but rather than scream, the only sounds she could make were simply choked sobs as she continued crying away.

@BarrenThin @york @Cromartie Sarkissian @Bomb @The Tactician @Everyone​
tumblr_inline_n698zfC91t1re9spw.png

"Even taking hostages... you're just a low-level scum who deserves to be scrapped." Iris Heart said, and backed off for now.

tumblr_inline_nsjm7yloOX1re9spw_540.png

"Don't worry, my sweet Deedee... I'll make sure to get you out somehow..."

@BarrenThin @Hospes @HOLY SHIT THIS IS GETTING WILD​

Status
Not open for further replies.