Status
Not open for further replies.
Legolas looked at the portal as it appeared near the group. He wasn't sure about such things, but through the portal it seemed the weather was nicer on the other side.

legolas_73.jpg

"Finally, an escape from this wintery nightmare, possibly", he said to Fi and Link. "I believe we should go through right now, before we lose the opportunity, my lady. And Link." He offered his hand to her, as he gestured towards the portal that appeared to them. "Shall we?", he asked.

@Lizzy @Jeremi @Josh M @Mighty Roman @Thuro Pendragon @Meira @Atomyk @Krieg

"We shall." Fi said, holding Legolas' hand as they went through the portal, Link following afterward.

@Atomyk @Wedge Antilles @Mighty Roman @Hospes @Meira @Josh M @Thuro Pendragon @DapperDogman @Krieg @Blizzard peeps

Riley sighed. "Alright. Do what you think is best. We'll be right here." Riley shouted. He turned on his Pip-Boy's light to see if there could be more visibility. "What should we do, guys? Should we wait for them or search for others?"

@Kaykay @BarrenThin @Mari @Whoever
"You kind of just shouted that we were right here. But I'd rather go find people if they don't want to join us right now," Sakuya replied. From various directions, she heard people calling out. Lapis, Aqua, maybe some others as well. She wasn't completely sure. Regardless of what they did, they'd probably find some others.

@The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @People

From his place beside Ridley Desmond could see the portal. He moved ahead, brushing past Ezio. He pointed ahead at the portal that Orlando Bloom and that weird chick were moving through.
"There it is. Just a little farther."

Just as they neared the outside of the portal they stopped and looked at each other.

1907741-1_desmond.jpg

"You need to decide where your loyalty lies Desmond. She is a witch, a seductress. She has gotten inside of your mind, taken you from you the strength to do what you must."

"C'Mon man. She's not that bad."

"It does not matter what she is. She is a distraction. One that is going to get you killed like so many others."

"You're one to talk. I thought it was love that bound our order together."

Ezio looked at him, saddened. "Why do you think I never married until I left my Brotherhood."

"Easy. You were busy securing Rome and searching for Altair's library." He was being kind and avoiding referencing Christina, even though he knew that was the real reason Ezio hadn't married for so long.

Ezio stared at him knowingly. He was dooming the young man with his next words.

"I never married because I know how it ends. Christina, my Father, my family. Altair and Maria, you and your Lucy." He turned and looked at Ridley where she stood farther back.

200_s.gif

"If you bring her into our life, she will die. You can be free to love, but not to possess. We stand side by side with our brothers and sisters, but never with our lovers. One day you will give up this life, and will be with her again. But if you love her, do not bring her into this war."

Desmond was silent for a moment, then looked up at Ezio.

"I do love her."

Then he walked through the portal.

Silently, without a word, Desmond awoke. The face hugger slid off of his face, already dead.

tumblr_nkzff70FbU1sxdljlo1_500.gif

He looked at Ridley in his arms. They had fallen together, in more ways than one. She hadn't quite awoken yet. Good. He needed to steel himself for what he had to do. Or not do.

@Hospes

Claire sighed gratefully as her current companions had managed to find wood with which to make a fire from. Even with magic, making a fire was a gruelling process with the snow and sleet beating down on the group, but Storm managed to clear the grey clouds above, lightening the harsh conditions the group found themselves in. Snow still buffeted against the group as if resistant to Storm's powers, but a fire was manageable now, and the group were saved from a harsh death from the cold.

Crowding eagerly next to the others, Claire held out her hands toward the fire. Whenever it started to wane, she assisted the others in fuelling it with magic of her own, becoming more accustomed to the power that Aqua had given her. A part of her had started to believe-- wanted to believe-- that it meant that Aqua was alive in some manner. She'd been so sure the woman's status as a divergent catalyst meant that she couldn't come back, and neither Ludger or Leia had said anything to make her think otherwise. Maybe they just didn't know, but even then...

Claire pulled her hands back and rubbed at her arms, not just because she was cold, but because she was lonely. She and the others were facing the cold bravely together, but she felt more disconnected from them than she ever had before. She couldn't shake the idea that they thought badly of her since she revealed everything about herself. Maybe they thought she would turn on them at any moment, even with all the traitors discovered. Perhaps they just thought her a bitch, a cold presence even in this frigid wasteland.

Claire shakily looked upward, her eyes meeting Storm's. Claire remembered carrying the woman to safety what felt like ages ago now. She then looked to Jon, who she knew Max and Chloe trusted. Then there was Legolas, the man who had tried so hard to protect Aqua. Finally, there was Teresa, who Claire hadn't managed to protect. She smiled slightly knowing that the girl had ended up okay. Claire tried to remember that even with Aqua not by her side, she had people here she could rely on, even when it didn't feel like it. Some lives were lost, but together they moved on and fought, working as one to live another day.

FNNoQtb.gif

A few feet from the fire and the group of huddled survivors appeared a portal. Its arrival was without warning, and there was no indication where it led. However, with nothing else still in sight, it seemed the only logical course of action was to enter it.

Meanwhile, Revya would encounter her own portal in the rubble, just for her!

@Lizzy @Krieg @Hospes @DapperDogman @Thuro Pendragon @Josh M @Jeremi @Meira @Mighty Roman @Wedge Antilles

Well, getting yanked out of Silent Hill suddenly hadn't been fun. Especially when he'd gotten yanked out. But whatever. There'd been a cool chair, which he'd taken a selfie with (much to Jon's chagrin). Then the world puncher had more or less pulverized it.
Yay! The Mentor had thought that Snow's head was going to explode, not something he especially minded. He'd been kind of a dick to the two Assassins for pretty much no reason earlier. Then the white walkers had come. More Zombies. His own personal little hell. He'd more or less shoved Ridley behind him, although without the titular blade in his Hidden Blade he couldn't do much. Damn, he wish he'd scooped that thing up when he'd had the chance.

Ezio on the other hand, he was right in his element. There were really no words for it.

tumblr_mzcrih4zmH1sp74wwo1_250.gif
tumblr_mzcrih4zmH1sp74wwo3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mzcrih4zmH1sp74wwo5_r1_250.gif

Even Jon would be impressed, and probably a little intimidated.

Then they got dumped into some sort of blowing blizzard. Even more good news for Desmond, who was dressed only in a thin hoodie. Still though, it wasn't as bad as Ridley had it. She was dressed in well, for the sake of being polite lets say something that exposed a lot of skin. He unzipped his hoodie and handed it to her. Heh, at least she couldn't call him Hoodie anymore. His core temperature immediately dropped. The Animus had never really translated how cold Masayaf was in the wintertime. He was more or less a plucked chicken inside a walk in freezer. Which still wasn't as bad as the time his dad had tried to teach him to shoot. The repairs to the farm had taken weeks.
It was kind of a sad memory in retrospect. The memory itself was kind of funny (although it hadn't been when it was happening, Bill had more less blown a circuit in his head), the sad part was that he'd told the same story to that little girl to calm her down, all those months ago. Before she'd become Darth Arya.

Ezio was completely in his element here, although when was he never? He was actually travelling in cold weather clothes, the selfsame ones from the trip that Desmond had visited in the Animus.

Ezio looked back at him, and shook his head. That seductress was going to be the end of Desmond. He'd been no wiser in his youth, or even his middle life. However, if Desmond was the same as he had been when he was young, he suspected that he would not listen. So instead he waded through the snow to the magician, Joseph, and gave him a nod.

"This cold. No bene. It is freezing the less well equipped and," Ezio looked back at where Desmond was trying to keep Ridley warm at his own expense. "More foolish of our group. I have supplies. Can you work your craft to make some sort of fire?"

@Wedge Antilles
@Lizzy
@Mighty Roman
@Hospes
@Whoever Else I'm forgetting cause I'm a dummy

Ridley.. Didn't exactly expect this offer. At all. Whatsoever. Nor did she accept it. Instead, she just stared at Desmond quietly.. And promptly gave the jacket back. She was.. More than used to the cold. She was always freezing. Not that it was anything a muttered spell or two couldn't handle. "..Look, Hoodie.. I don't need you- or anyone else -demonstrating favoritism. Or trying to give me a hand. Focus on keeping yourself warm; not me." That was all she said before simply looking to the portal.. And starting towards it, before moving to try to go through it.

Teresa, on the other hand, simply trembled from the cold, as far away from the fire as she could get. Briefly, she found herself reminiscing her last Murder game.. When she'd had to brave the cold with Ash and Hurley. It was a painful memory, considering she hadn't seen either of them again. The Glader likely would've been huddled up by the fire.. If it didn't bring about traumatic memories. Sure, the eighteen-year-old was tough as hell... But considering what was done to her in Reapers' Game, and what was done to..- Well, someone that wasn't technically her, but had merged with her -her in the dark place, there was a lot of things that triggered her major PTSD.

Fire and electricity being the worst things for her to spot.

@Lizzy @Krieg @Atomyk @DapperDogman @Thuro Pendragon @Josh M @Jeremi @Meira @Mighty Roman @Wedge Antilles

Joshua was asleep by the time Cereza had begun yelling. At the time, he was alone and forgotten as his head rested against the car door. Joshua slept in a peaceful slumber, forgetful of the entire world. Upon hearing Cereza's words, he woke up slowly and lazily, his eyes adjusting to the fog of the back alley lot, ignorant of Cereza at that moment as he didn't hear her entirely, imagining that quick moment in his head. He was dreaming, thinking about how they caressed each other while inside the Lavender Town, each kiss planted on each over each others hearts (Her question), How she unwrapped Joshua, before slapping back to reality as he stood slowly and tiredly, hearing her yell again in the faint distant voice as he yelled out as well. "My darling!.. Cereza, Cereza, darling, I am here, my love!" He looked up into the sky in case.

@Mari
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

tumblr_mo8ik9ENfu1r4ftabo1_500.gif

While in the air, Bayonetta heard Joshua's voice. It was very soft, likely because of some distance between them, but she could not mistake it for any other voice other than that of her lover. It was definitely Joshua, she knew that voice so well by now. She focused on the direction and then went towards it, right away.

tumblr_moadn4wwm71sny795o7_250.gif

"Coming, my love!", she yelled out loudly, flying quickly towards the sound of his voice. After a while, she slowed down in speed, not wanting to pass him by and have to redirect her flight again. And then, she saw him, looking up. She then landed right next to him, and without saying a word, planted a kiss onto his lips.

"Did you miss me, darling?", she asked, smiling.

@ResistingTheEnlightened

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Grey"

Whether they were just freshly stepping through a portal or were lost in Silent Hill's fog, the players find the surrounding world shifting once again.

tumblr_n520jb5uAB1srt2mvo1_500.gif

It was the stone platform before their feet that was felt first, followed by the rains.

Upon arrival of this new, somber realm, a downpour of rain and crackle of thunder greeted the players within. The skies were dark, flashes of light illuminating them occasionally, followed by the deafening boom of thunder. In this world, sorrow reigned supreme, a feeling of trepidation arising from this grim, monochromatic world. Outside of the stone they stood upon, an endless span of raging oceans mostly surrounded them, the waves crashing against stone, another source of water being thrown upon their feet. Yet, almost poetically, in all of this chaos, two sources of unusual quality were greeted before them. On the stone platform they stood upon, blue-petaled roses were almost poetically thrown about, the still fresh flowers simply left for the player's pickings, lest they be blown by the wind. Yet, more importantly, through the hazy mist of nature's rage, the burning of a torch could be seen. Groaning of aging wood echoed, and soon, a peculiar figure grew into vision.

bioshock_infinite_the_crow_by_ex0tique_d5yslri.jpg

The unknown man wore simplistic clothing, fashioned in inspiration of both a simple peasant man and that of a religious monk, with the only noteworthy article of traditional clothing being the strange mask of fabrics he wore upon his head. Shades of dull brown, blue, and grey coated him head to toe, steel chains wrapping around his upper chest as well as a piece of fabric around his neck, upholding the wooden coffin upon his back. A normal human would be strangled to death performing such a task, but it was evident that the zealot was far from normal. Outside of the torch in his left hand, a crooked, steel axe-like weapon was wielded in his right. It had barely a grip, and the overall shape of the axe was fashioned in inspiration of that of a scythe, alluding to an almost fanatical appreciation or respect for the concept of Death.

After fully arriving before the players, the man spoke in a loud hiss, though not exactly unfriendly. His overall tone and his aged voice was almost reminiscent like that of a caring grandfather, only to be masked in this horrid costume. As he spoke, strangely, the rains briefly calmed, though the haze from the storm's fury remained.

"The Lady Awaits."

With a simple yet ominous phrase, the elderly man began to turn around, exhibiting the players the coffin that he burdened upon his back. The wood was aging not well, and in the cracks and crevices, lo, a skeletal body lay peacefully within. Upholding the torch in his left hand, the man groaned, waving the burning stick, soft whispers of dead language emitting from his tongue. Soon, the haze before the players began to fade away, the rains now but a soft drizzle, as a massive temple stood before them. It was craved out of the same stone they stood upon, a dull grey, and it's overall structure as simplistic as what the man wore. Outside of curved pillars by the entrance, the only defining feature was that of the doors, painted half black, and half white. A House of Black and White.

eZcn2a1.png

The doors open, the elderly man walking forward, torch in hand, braving the darkness and leading the sheep.

For how long you walked is unknown. Time often has a lost meaning in this bygone realm, and the overall interior structure did not scream of the simple design of before. Stone corridors matched with a refined marble flooring greeted you at each corner, the elderly man having blown out the torch, walking in mostly darkness, only illuminated by the blue hue of sunlight's rays peering through barred, open windows. A faint chant could be heard echoing throughout the stone, having no source, but sounding like the echos of a thousand mourners to this shrine of life and death. Occasionally, the group would pass by another zealot, barring a similar style to the elderly man, their masked faces somehow able to look at these foreigners, coffins of various sizes and shapes strapped to their back with chains. All-in-all, an eerie, uncomfortable sensation could be felt, this realm exhibiting a strange, disillusioned sense of holiness.

Eventually, the elder would turn one last corner, into not a corridor, but a room.

7hpqbb_T.jpg

The room itself had to at least be the size of a football field in terms of scale. With a rectangular fountain resting in the middle, wax candles burned fiercely about, their heavenly glow reflecting on the clear, strangely almost black water. Coffins were placed almost ritualistically by the fountain's edges, some zealots knelt before them, praying and chanting in a mixture of High Valyrian and other unknown languages. Running along the walls of this shrine, half-circle crevices were mined out, with stone statues of gods and deities forged within. On the right hand side stood the gods and deities of life, with such examples including the Saint Mary, the Old Gods, the Maiden, Hemera, R'hllor, Ahura Mazda, and Akuma-Rah. On the left hand side stood the gods and deities of death, with such examples including Lucifer, the Stranger, the Great Other, Hades, Angra Mainyu, and Osiris.

"So you come."

A sonorous voice broke out, silencing most of the chanting, although many zealots remained by their deities or their coffins. The elderly guide left the room, and before the players a new arrange of candles were abruptly alit by the far end of this crypt. Upon a small flight of stairs, ascended above all else, stood the master of this realm. A master of a face that she had refused to show, but she knew her identity is no mystery, no matter what face she wears. Around her, three ceremonial tables sat, and upon them three bodies lay. One of an middle aged man wearing wolf-pelt furs, his hair stoic black, the overall design of his attire and features screaming of devote honor and loyalty. Another laid of the same attributes, but his complexions were young, no older than eighteen-years, and upon his head sat a crown of iron and bronze. Finally, before the master, lay a girl of fourteen-years, wearing a red shirt, blue trousers, short, well-cut brunette hair, and a bow still gripped in her dead hands.

"Father, Robb, Ellie...I've made my promise to you, all of you."

A soft whisper escaped the master's lips, her hand gently grazing against the cold cheek of Ellie's, the scarlet-eyed, vengeful spirit recalling the brief but longing memories of bliss. One that was forsaken by a man whom betrayed her, a man who ran with the crimson drenched in his hands. Limply pulling her hand away, her head held down, the petite girl turned around, throwing off a black cloak she had covered herself in. It was then, that any doubts was soon thrown away on the identity of the master. Before the players, since their first time stepping within this twisted game, stood the haunting voice that loomed in their communicators. Before the players, stood a girl who had been betrayed, who had been suffered, and who had endured death countless times, whether it be physically, mentally, or emotionally.

Before the players, stood Mercy, the fallen Arya Stark.

tumblr_inline_n6kk78ZNAI1sqtkz5.gif

"Welcome to the Hall of Grief."

"..."

tumblr_inline_nbutmbmXWK1rjhp98.png

Meanwhile, Josh would received a phone call from one of his associates. "I certainly hope this is important," he gruffly answered, holding the phone under his chin.

"It is! A lot of souls have gone missing lately, but we've actually managed to capture one this time. James "Jim" Raynor. What do you want to do?"

"I'll revive him," Josh answered. "We need all the help we can get right now. Thanks for letting me know," he added, hanging up his phone. Then with a wave of his hand, he materialized Raynor back to the group. Raynor would find himself alive again with the others.

Mercy was not all that awaited the players. Coming into view behind the girl was a woman you'd all recognise as the one you saw before entering Silent Hill. Ludger and Leia, who reappeared along with the group, stared the woman down. "That's Claudia Wolf," muttered Ludger. "The sick woman behind the Silent Hill incident."

P45Bbe9.png

The woman's hateful glare was scornful now, her chin lifted to an almost imperceptible amount as if she were looking down her nose at everyone who stood before her. Her stance was reserved and wary, though the way Claudia's eyes rolled over the group suggested she thought very little of the people standing before her. "Your naive judgements are wasted, when I wasn't the only one at work." Almost regally, Claudia lifted an arm. She held her hand out, palm upward, as if to take the hand of whom she was staring at. "Claire, I gave you everything you wanted. Akibahara gave you everything you wanted. You saw the truth, and assisted me in making our Paradise."

Claire locked in on Claudia, unable to move or speak. Her body shivered in fear, anticipating the voices to return to her head. She just knew they would come, and she had feared this moment during the entire mission. She closed her eyes and waited... yet, nothing happened. She opened her eyes to find Claudia staring intently at her, the world the same as it was moments before. Nothing earth-shattering had occurred. Claire still felt in control of her body-- still felt no urge to use those foul powers.

"Wait, is that..."

Leia spoke up, drawing Claire's attention toward her. She was staring into the group, and Claire followed her gaze to someone Claire hadn't expected to see ever again. "Aqua... how?" Claire moved through the group to get to her, but Claudia spoke up again, stopping her.

"Claire." Claudia retracted her hand, looking slightly annoyed at attention being drawn away from her. "No matter your actions in his name before, turning on him now means you will face the same judgement as the rest." Claudia raised her hands. "By the grace of God and Akibahara, judgement shall be passed down upon you. The unworthy are failures in God's eyes and are destined for eternal damnation. The unworthy are easily deceived, their greatest weakness... Illusions."

OOC NOTE: A few important things for this sequence. Claudia and Arya are users of illusions, and they will attempt to mess with the players, showing them visions of deceased loved ones. Feel free to use this time to come up with your own illusions and interact with your own character or the characters your character is close with. A note to all players in Murder Game III, you may have your characters from that game appear in this round as if they are an illusion. Any MGIII characters who appear will be able to come back to life canonically for the final round.

~CAST LIST~
@Atomyk as Claire Redfield [Resident Evil]
@FireDrake150 as Izana [Original Character] and Ace [Final Fantasy]
@Gummi Bunnies as Red [Pokemon] and Rinato Dormi [Original Character]
@The Tactician as Kazuya 'Abel' Mineshigi and Naoya 'Cain' Mineshigi [Devil Survivor]
@Verite as Shiki Tohno [Type-Moon]
@Krieg as Jon Snow [Game of Thrones]
@Bomb as Plutia [Hyperdimension Neptunia] and Gnar [League of Legends]
@Hospes as Teresa Agnes [Maze Runner]
@york as Sophie [Cry of Fear] and Ruby Rose [RWBY]
@DapperDogman as Soul 'Eater' Evans [Soul Eater] and Ulysses [Fallout]
@Proxymoron as Nicki Minaj [Real Life]
@Thuro Pendragon as Ezio Auditore and Desmond Miles [Assassin's Creed]
@Ryu Keiko as Ryu Keiko [Original Character]
@Josh M as Travis Touchdown [No More Heroes]
@Raven as Jake Long [American Dragon] and Stitch [Lilo and Stitch]
@TheBlueBurch as Chloe Price [Life is Strange]
@Jeremi as Storm and Crusader [Marvel Comics]
@ShadowPrime as Felix [Red vs Blue]
@Meira as Revya [Soul Nomad & The World Eaters]
@The Silver Paladin as The Lone Wanderer/Riley [Fallout]
@ResistingTheEnlightened as Joshua Graham [Fallout]
@Lizzy as Link and Fi [Legend of Zelda]
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black [Mortal Kombat]
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi [Touhou]

The Dead
@Emperor Palpachu as Darth Vader - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Chris Lang as Kalifa and Kaku - MURDERED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED!
@Maddeline as Emily "Hunter" Grimes - DIED! INNOCENT! VAPORIZED!
@Mighty Roman as Joseph Aniphage - MURDERED! INNOCENT! SNAPPED NECK!
@Infinatis as Grail Trigadon and Specter Knight - DIED! INNOCENT! SQUASHED LIKE A BUG!
@M a r s as Lucy Heartfilia - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Banana Soiree as Harry Hart/Galahad - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Alice Margatroid - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BRAIN EXPLODED AND BEATEN TO DEATH!
@OrlandoBloomers as Maxine Caulfield - MURDERED! INNOCENT! IMPALED!
@Mari as Bayonetta - MURDERED! AGENT! ARROW TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!
@Hospes as Ridley Duchannes - EXECUTED! TRAITOR! BEGGED FOR DEATH!
@FancyForrest as Wander - DIED! INNOCENT! CONSUMED BY BLACK FIRE!
@Librarian Cat as Corvo Attano - DIED! INNOCENT! SHATTERED!
@MrDubWubs as Vi - DIED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED BY A METEOR!
@Korra as Dante - DIED! INNOCENT! PUNCHED THROUGH THE HEART!
@Jenny as Margaery Tyrell and Loras Tyrell - DIED! INNOCENT! HEADS SMASHED IN!
@Sandra as Sylveon and Umbreon - DIED! INNOCENT! IMMOLATED!
@Black Cat as Sarutobi Hiruzen and Toad Sage Jiriaya - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@OrionsHammer as Belphegor - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@SirDerpingtonIV as Nito - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@Dinoteen as Cell - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@TheColourlessRainbow as The Charmed Ones - DIED! INNOCENT! ENDED THE HALIWELL LINE!
@BarrenThin as Lisa Castle and Frank Castle - DIED! INNOCENT! STABBED!
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Aqua - DIED! INNOCENT! SACRIFICED!
@Wedge Antilles as Legolas Greenleaf - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BEATEN, WHIPPED, AND SUFFOCATED!
@Nater Taters as Booker DeWitt - DIED! INNOCENT! BOLT TO THE HEAD!
@Mtntopview as Frenzy - DIED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED!
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as James "Jim" Raynor - DIED! INNOCENT! EATEN ALIVE!
@Ivazel as Albert Wesker - DIED! INNOCENT! MELTED BY ACID!

@Emperor Palpachu as R2-D2 and The Doctor - DIED! INNOCENT! SLICED, BURNED, AND BLOWN UP!
@Unlimited RP Works as Archer - DIED! INNOCENT! SUCKED DRY!

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Grey"

Whether they were just freshly stepping through a portal or were lost in Silent Hill's fog, the players find the surrounding world shifting once again.

It was the stone platform before their feet that was felt first, followed by the rains.

Upon arrival of this new, somber realm, a downpour of rain and crackle of thunder greeted the players within. The skies were dark, flashes of light illuminating them occasionally, followed by the deafening boom of thunder. In this world, sorrow reigned supreme, a feeling of trepidation arising from this grim, monochromatic world. Outside of the stone they stood upon, an endless span of raging oceans mostly surrounded them, the waves crashing against stone, another source of water being thrown upon their feet. Yet, almost poetically, in all of this chaos, two sources of unusual quality were greeted before them. On the stone platform they stood upon, blue-petaled roses were almost poetically thrown about, the still fresh flowers simply left for the player's pickings, lest they be blown by the wind. Yet, more importantly, through the hazy mist of nature's rage, the burning of a torch could be seen. Groaning of aging wood echoed, and soon, a peculiar figure grew into vision.

The unknown man wore simplistic clothing, fashioned in inspiration of both a simple peasant man and that of a religious monk, with the only noteworthy article of traditional clothing being the strange mask of fabrics he wore upon his head. Shades of dull brown, blue, and grey coated him head to toe, steel chains wrapping around his upper chest as well as a piece of fabric around his neck, upholding the wooden coffin upon his back. A normal human would be strangled to death performing such a task, but it was evident that the zealot was far from normal. Outside of the torch in his left hand, a crooked, steel axe-like weapon was wielded in his right. It had barely a grip, and the overall shape of the axe was fashioned in inspiration of that of a scythe, alluding to an almost fanatical appreciation or respect for the concept of Death.

After fully arriving before the players, the man spoke in a loud hiss, though not exactly unfriendly. His overall tone and his aged voice was almost reminiscent like that of a caring grandfather, only to be masked in this horrid costume. As he spoke, strangely, the rains briefly calmed, though the haze from the storm's fury remained.

"The Lady Awaits."

With a simple yet ominous phrase, the elderly man began to turn around, exhibiting the players the coffin that he burdened upon his back. The wood was aging not well, and in the cracks and crevices, lo, a skeletal body lay peacefully within. Upholding the torch in his left hand, the man groaned, waving the burning stick, soft whispers of dead language emitting from his tongue. Soon, the haze before the players began to fade away, the rains now but a soft drizzle, as a massive temple stood before them. It was craved out of the same stone they stood upon, a dull grey, and it's overall structure as simplistic as what the man wore. Outside of curved pillars by the entrance, the only defining feature was that of the doors, painted half black, and half white. A House of Black and White.

eZcn2a1.png

The doors open, the elderly man walking forward, torch in hand, braving the darkness and leading the sheep.

For how long you walked is unknown. Time often has a lost meaning in this bygone realm, and the overall interior structure did not scream of the simple design of before. Stone corridors matched with a refined marble flooring greeted you at each corner, the elderly man having blown out the torch, walking in mostly darkness, only illuminated by the blue hue of sunlight's rays peering through barred, open windows. A faint chant could be heard echoing throughout the stone, having no source, but sounding like the echos of a thousand mourners to this shrine of life and death. Occasionally, the group would pass by another zealot, barring a similar style to the elderly man, their masked faces somehow able to look at these foreigners, coffins of various sizes and shapes strapped to their back with chains. All-in-all, an eerie, uncomfortable sensation could be felt, this realm exhibiting a strange, disillusioned sense of holiness.

Eventually, the elder would turn one last corner, into not a corridor, but a room.

7hpqbb_T.jpg

The room itself had to at least be the size of a football field in terms of scale. With a rectangular fountain resting in the middle, wax candles burned fiercely about, their heavenly glow reflecting on the clear, strangely almost black water. Coffins were placed almost ritualistically by the fountain's edges, some zealots knelt before them, praying and chanting in a mixture of High Valyrian and other unknown languages. Running along the walls of this shrine, half-circle crevices were mined out, with stone statues of gods and deities forged within. On the right hand side stood the gods and deities of life, with such examples including the Saint Mary, the Old Gods, the Maiden, Hemera, R'hllor, Ahura Mazda, and Akuma-Rah. On the left hand side stood the gods and deities of death, with such examples including Lucifer, the Stranger, the Great Other, Hades, Angra Mainyu, and Osiris.

"So you come."

A sonorous voice broke out, silencing most of the chanting, although many zealots remained by their deities or their coffins. The elderly guide left the room, and before the players a new arrange of candles were abruptly alit by the far end of this crypt. Upon a small flight of stairs, ascended above all else, stood the master of this realm. A master of a face that she had refused to show, but she knew her identity is no mystery, no matter what face she wears. Around her, three ceremonial tables sat, and upon them three bodies lay. One of an middle aged man wearing wolf-pelt furs, his hair stoic black, the overall design of his attire and features screaming of devote honor and loyalty. Another laid of the same attributes, but his complexions were young, no older than eighteen-years, and upon his head sat a crown of iron and bronze. Finally, before the master, lay a girl of fourteen-years, wearing a red shirt, blue trousers, short, well-cut brunette hair, and a bow still gripped in her dead hands.

A soft whisper escaped the master's lips, her hand gently grazing against the cold cheek of Ellie's, the scarlet-eyed, vengeful spirit recalling the brief but longing memories of bliss. One that was forsaken by a man whom betrayed her, a man who ran with the crimson drenched in his hands. Limply pulling her hand away, her head held down, the petite girl turned around, throwing off a black cloak she had covered herself in. It was then, that any doubts was soon thrown away on the identity of the master. Before the players, since their first time stepping within this twisted game, stood the haunting voice that loomed in their communicators. Before the players, stood a girl who had been betrayed, who had been suffered, and who had endured death countless times, whether it be physically, mentally, or emotionally.

"..."

Meanwhile, Josh would received a phone call from one of his associates. "I certainly hope this is important," he gruffly answered, holding the phone under his chin.

"It is! A lot of souls have gone missing lately, but we've actually managed to capture one this time. James "Jim" Raynor. What do you want to do?"

"I'll revive him," Josh answered. "We need all the help we can get right now. Thanks for letting me know," he added, hanging up his phone. Then with a wave of his hand, he materialized Raynor back to the group. Raynor would find himself alive again with the others.

Mercy was not all that awaited the players. Coming into view behind the girl was a woman you'd all recognise as the one you saw before entering Silent Hill. Ludger and Leia, who reappeared along with the group, stared the woman down. "That's Claudia Wolf," muttered Ludger. "The sick woman behind the Silent Hill incident."

P45Bbe9.png

The woman's hateful glare was scornful now, her chin lifted to an almost imperceptible amount as if she were looking down her nose at everyone who stood before her. Her stance was reserved and wary, though the way Claudia's eyes rolled over the group suggested she thought very little of the people standing before her. "Your naive judgements are wasted, when I wasn't the only one at work." Almost regally, Claudia lifted an arm. She held her hand out, palm upward, as if to take the hand of whom she was staring at. "Claire, I gave you everything you wanted. Akibahara gave you everything you wanted. You saw the truth, and assisted me in making our Paradise."

Claire locked in on Claudia, unable to move or speak. Her body shivered in fear, anticipating the voices to return to her head. She just knew they would come, and she had feared this moment during the entire mission. She closed her eyes and waited... yet, nothing happened. She opened her eyes to find Claudia staring intently at her, the world the same as it was moments before. Nothing earth-shattering had occurred. Claire still felt in control of her body-- still felt no urge to use those foul powers.

"Wait, is that..."

Leia spoke up, drawing Claire's attention toward her. She was staring into the group, and Claire followed her gaze to someone Claire hadn't expected to see ever again. "Aqua... how?" Claire moved through the group to get to her, but Claudia spoke up again, stopping her.

"Claire." Claudia retracted her hand, looking slightly annoyed at attention being drawn away from her. "No matter your actions in his name before, turning on him now means you will face the same judgement as the rest." Claudia raised her hands. "By the grace of God and Akibahara, judgement shall be passed down upon you. The unworthy are failures in God's eyes and are destined for eternal damnation. The unworthy are easily deceived, their greatest weakness... Illusions."

OOC NOTE: A few important things for this sequence. Claudia and Arya are users of illusions, and they will attempt to mess with the players, showing them visions of deceased loved ones. Feel free to use this time to come up with your own illusions and interact with your own character or the characters your character is close with. A note to all players in Murder Game III, you may have your characters from that game appear in this round as if they are an illusion. Any MGIII characters who appear will be able to come back to life canonically for the final round.

~CAST LIST~
@The Tactician as Kazuya 'Abel' Mineshigi and Naoya 'Cain' Mineshigi [Devil Survivor]

The Dead
@Infinatis as Grail Trigadon and Specter Knight - DIED! INNOCENT! SQUASHED LIKE A BUG!
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Alice Margatroid - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BRAIN EXPLODED AND BEATEN TO DEATH!
@TheColourlessRainbow as The Charmed Ones - DIED! INNOCENT! ENDED THE HALIWELL LINE!
@Wedge Antilles as Legolas Greenleaf - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BEATEN, WHIPPED, AND SUFFOCATED!

@Emperor Palpachu as R2-D2 and The Doctor - DIED! INNOCENT! SLICED, BURNED, AND BLOWN UP!
Jackson, who was leaning behind a column, laughed, and looked at Claudia and Arya. He pointed to Riley. "Leave him to me. I have some Ahem, Unfinished Business with him." Jackson now wore the Power Armor of a Brotherhood Outcast.

latest

"He is my alternate "Good" Self. The one who followed in my Father's footsteps like a fool." The Paladin laughed yet again. "The fool is mislead easily. If I fail my mission once again, you may deal with him as you see fit." The Heretic twirled a revolver around his fingers. He turned to Riley, and pulled out a vial. "Heads up, you bastard!" He tossed the vial, which Riley caught. "You remember that? That's the FEV that John Henry Eden gave you."

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Grey"

"The Lady Awaits."

eZcn2a1.png

7hpqbb_T.jpg

"So you come."

"..."

P45Bbe9.png

"Wait, is that..."

~CAST LIST~

The Dead

"Great, illusion, just great..." Abel groaned as he cracked his knuckles, "Seriously, can't you guys get on our levels and brawl like real fighters? For a god like yours, Akibahara seems to only give out piss poor powers."

Naoya sighed as his brother attempted to taunt them, "Dammit, Abel... Sometimes, I really do worry about you."

@Verite @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @DapperDogman @Proxymoron @Krieg

(Response to OOC note: Ace forgets the dead. Do illusions won't bother him, but Izana watched his family die infront of him. family, Friends, ETC. He will be VERY Suceptible.)

Izana and ace look around and groan a bit at the changing scenery. "Again with this? were we not here to murder Aki, rather then realm hop and bounce around like fruit flies to light sources?!?" Thr dragon groans, By now quite sick of the events from two games. "Enough with this!!!"

Ace just sighs. "When 9 and 9 meet 9, The depths of reason shall stir. When the seal of creation has broken, a voice like thunder shall sound and Tempus Finis shall be willed upon them. Calm yourself, My Concordian Reptile friend, Tempus Finis is coming. What use is rushing it to us?"

He just groans in response, Muttering to himself. "I'm not Concordian, Card Freak...."

@Atomyk @Krieg @Raven @Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin @Mighty Roman @everyonselseimayhaveforgotton

"Great, illusion, just great..." Abel groaned as he cracked his knuckles, "Seriously, can't you guys get on our levels and brawl like real fighters? For a god like yours, Akibahara seems to only give out piss poor powers."

Naoya sighed as his brother attempted to taunt them, "Dammit, Abel... Sometimes, I really do worry about you."

@Verite @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @DapperDogman @Proxymoron
Oh, and Abel headed over to Lapis to be with her in case something happened to her.

@Gummi Bunnies

LZuoBvi.png

From the shadows appears Junko, looking almost zombie-like in expression and in her movements. She moves to stand between Paladin Jackson and Riley.

"R-Riley..."

@The Silver Paladin

Bayonetta traveled the entire way with Joshua, holding hands. Eventually, she even took to carrying him in his arms and letting her wings do the work as they travelled, so as to keep him from being fatigued. He may not have fully recovered yet, and she had a feeling his condition would need to be at its best in the coming moments.

And, once they arrived at the halll, she noticed the familiar figure in the distance. "Father?", she said.

tumblr_news6e6IoK1qdrfdro6_500.gif

She found it strange, yet appropriate though, that he was approaching her not as a loving father. After all, she was the one who had ended him, months ago. She looked to Joshua. "I do not know what is going on, but protect yourself. And I shall try to protect you from that Lumen Sage I once thought was a good father."

She took her initial shot at Balder.
tumblr_nce45nhPsO1t6xtc8o1_500.gif

But, as it turned out, it was not nearly enough to even cause him to pause.
tumblr_n79vtbCQwR1qjh8ero3_500.gif

"It appears I am going to have to try a little harder than usual", she said to herself, and to Joshua.

@ResistingTheEnlightened

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Grey"

"The Lady Awaits."

eZcn2a1.png

7hpqbb_T.jpg

"So you come."

"..."

P45Bbe9.png

"Wait, is that..."

~CAST LIST~

The Dead

Alice had immediately resummoned her dolls upon returning, and was perfectly happy to just pretend half the group hadn't just seen her brain meandering around in parts.

She arched an eyebrow at the... whatever the hell was was going on honestly. All this religious balderdash was a tad out of her depth with Gensokyo's afterlife so well defined and clear cut. But she followed the elderly gentleman nonetheless, and when they reached the hall of grief, and saw the terrible scene before them, she stared a few seconds before leaning over to the nearest person and whispering.

"...Who are all these people?"

@Everyone and anyone since we're all in a lil room

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
LZuoBvi.png

From the shadows appears Junko, looking almost zombie-like in expression and in her movements. She moves to stand between Paladin Jackson and Riley.

"R-Riley..."

@The Silver Paladin
Jackson gained a sadistic smile. "FEV Does wonders, eh, Riley. Sometimes, i kills you, other times it doesn't." Jackson twirled the revolver around his fingers a few times. "She's been injected with it. Sadly, because it's a virus there's no known cure."

Riley stood up, putting the vial on the floor. "You sick bastard! WHy didn't you kill me instead of hurting her?" Riley ran over to Junko, equipping power armor, in case it was a trick.

"Father always liked you best, didn't he? Restoring the wasteland, instead of destroying it. Here's the truth: The Brotherhood are fools! It's a Wasteland! Also, the Outcasts are correct. as a Mutual friend of ours says 'everyone knows how to make another human, but the secrets to making a P94 plasma rifle are all but lost.'" Jackson picked up the vial of FEV again. I could poison everyone here with this, and no one would care, because me? The followers of Akibahara have been made immune. I think. GOD BLESS AMERICA!"

@Krieg @Everyone

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Grey"

"The Lady Awaits."

eZcn2a1.png

7hpqbb_T.jpg

"So you come."

"..."

P45Bbe9.png

"Wait, is that..."

~CAST LIST~

The Dead

"Illusions?"

char_103698_thumb.jpg

"If there was a better way, I would have come up with 123456 different ways." Plutia said.

@Verite @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @DapperDogman @Proxymoron @Krieg
Gnar was just watching the show, as he was only 4, and probably didn't have any illusions.

@Verite @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @DapperDogman @Proxymoron @Krieg

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Grey"

"The Lady Awaits."

eZcn2a1.png

7hpqbb_T.jpg

"So you come."

"..."

P45Bbe9.png

"Wait, is that..."

~CAST LIST~

The Dead

"..." This was it. The culmination of all his efforts, of fighting through all the obstacles, of tolerating all the idiocy and incompetence and plain bullshit, he was here now. "Yeah, I've come. I told you I was going to fucking come(no, not in that way) and I always keep my goddamn promises." He growled, unsheathing one of his knives as he steadily approached.

tumblr_nqf4o4NUfA1th60z3o1_500.gif

tumblr_nqf4o4NUfA1th60z3o2_500.gif

"So. I hear you're a master of illusions. That's funny cause you know what? I don't deal with illusions. I deal in facts. And here's a fact. By the end of this, right before I send you off to join your loved one in whatever hell you end up in? You're going to be crying, like a little bitch. And you'll only have yourself to thank. Burning my money or making me believe you did was one mistake you won't live to regret. Even if you come back like all the rest, I'll be fine with it. Because that means I'll get to kill you again and again and again and again and again until I am satisfied. A drop of blood from you for each dollar that was burned. Sound like fun--" He broke off as illusions set in.

He saw the ghosts of the many humans he has killed.

He scoffed.

Every alien face he saw and slayed in the Great War.

Bitch please.

All the collective people he had wronged.

Whatever. The strong preyed on the weak. That's how war goes.

But above all things else? The sight of his money being burned, the currency ascending to the Bank of Purgatory and...was that crying coming from them? Sounded like Gordon Gekko. His poor loved ones.

"Avenge...us..."

"...You gutless bitch! Choosing to make me your enemy was gutless." He tossed away the illusion, burying it away in the depths of his mind as a voice reverberated like a siren through his skull.

"FOCUS!"

And he did, aiming right for her. Mercy, huh? He sure as hell wasn't giving any.

tumblr_n94s2cJJw21tf9ebuo3_500.gif

Of course, it being just a knife and her empowered by Aki and shit, he doubted it'd do much. See this is why when I call dibs on weapons, they should be honored! Who the hell had the Ultimate Nullifier anyway?!

@Krieg @everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Alice had immediately resummoned her dolls upon returning, and was perfectly happy to just pretend half the group hadn't just seen her brain meandering around in parts.

She arched an eyebrow at the... whatever the hell was was going on honestly. All this religious balderdash was a tad out of her depth with Gensokyo's afterlife so well defined and clear cut. But she followed the elderly gentleman nonetheless, and when they reached the hall of grief, and saw the terrible scene before them, she stared a few seconds before leaning over to the nearest person and whispering.

Link turned to Alice and shrugged.

"I stopped trying to make sense of this a long time ago. Wish I could give you a better answer." He replied.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Idk what's really happening anymore @Everyone and anyone

"I'm not sure, I'll tell you when I figure out myself." Crusader whispered over to Alice.

Cold.

Cold.

Goddamn, its cold. Raynor had a sick wonder of how death truly felt like; apparently it was a freezing sensation, but that might just be because of the attacks of that creature. Raynor knew that one day he would be caught off-guard and it would be his end; turns out that was true because Jim couldn't even blink before his arms were missing and everything was falling to black. The funny thing is, Raynor could still think. His consciousness was alive while his body was dead. He mourned himself momentarily before his proverbial soul-eyes saw a bright flash followed by the darkness and--

Wait, what the hell, why do I feel like I have arms again?

Raynor opened his eyes and he was standing in a gargantuan black hall, surrounded by his allies. A second of panic and shock, followed by confusion. This is beyond protoss psionic sorcery; this is just absurd. He was a newcomer to this whole operation, so to others Raynor would look like an idiot as he threw his hands around himself and felt his own body to make sure everything was actually real and he wasnt in hell. Jim would stare at his allies and chuckle, shaking his head and scratching his arm. "Well, im back. Sorry for dyin', I guess." he said to no one in particular.

Reality wouldn't be so kind to James Raynor, however. It never has been, after all.

Everything became dizzy, he couldn't hear anyone else. Second thoughts came about if he was truly alive or not, but soon after he entered his own personal hell. A hell filled with everyone he couldn't save.

"..FRIEND RAYNOR."

latest

There was no mistaking it; a 7 foot protoss zealot was standing on the other side of the room. And it wasnt just any zealot; it was..

"..F-Fenix?"

"THE AFTERLIFE IS COLD, IS IT NOT? TELL ME, DO YOU FEEL..LUCKY?"

The protoss stepped forward, staring into the terrans soul with his iridescent blue eyes.

"..Lucky? Fenix, your alive! Its been years, I thought you.."

"DIED? I DID, BUT UNLIKE YOU, I AND THE OTHER THOUSAND MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN OF MY PEOPLE DO NOT GET THE SAME LUXURY OF LIFE AS YOU"

Jim stepped back as Fenix stepped forward, getting closer and closer as his words grow more and more agressive. "Fenix, I'm...im sorry, dammit! I swore I would kill Kerrigan and I swore because of you and the other thousand she butchered!"

"AND YET YOU STILL TRY TO SAVE HER. THE XEL'NAGA ARTIFACT, YOUR ALLIANCE WITH THE TERRAN PRINCE, SACRIFICING THE LIVES OF THE INNOCENT AND FORGIVING A MONSTER BECAUSE OF WHAT SHE USED TO BE. YOU COULD HAVE KILLED HER WHEN SHE EMERGED FROM THAT EGG AND PUT THAT SOUL TO REST, AND PERHAPS THE MILLIONS SHE BUTCHERED WOULD BE BREATHING TO THIS DAY."

Fenix reached Raynor face-to-face, as he leans in and stares deeply into Raynor with the rage of the Khala deep in his eyes.

"..BUT YOU DIDN'T."

Raynor felt a psi-blade pierce his heart.

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Grey"

"The Lady Awaits."

eZcn2a1.png

7hpqbb_T.jpg

"So you come."

"..."

P45Bbe9.png

"Wait, is that..."

~CAST LIST~

The Dead

Frank found himself confronted with an odd assortment of Illusions. His wife. His son. His daughter. But this man was hard of heart. He'd burnt the bodies of his reanimating family once... because they were dead. That was how it was meant to be.

Lisa was less cool under pressure. She rushed forward and hugged the Illusions of her Father. Of her Mother. Of her brother. Even though she knew they weren't real... she wanted them to be.

Frank followed Felix's knife up by tossing a frag grenade right at Arya, after letting it cook for a few seconds so it exploded midair.

@Krieg
@Errbody​

Status
Not open for further replies.