Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice stayed for the most part impassive as the initial strike by her daughters when awry, having them pull back for a bit to give everyone else room to maneuver. Or at least, she was trying to frown instead of the slight smirk that was trying to break across her face

finally something that was worth trying a bit against.

Her own defense now seemed secure for the most part (though it didn't look like she had any more than Shanghai around for that purpose), she gave Hourai a curt nod, and the doll sped off into the fray, eyes for the most part already locked onto a target as Aoko rebounded off a wall and opened her eyes hopefully right at the same time a sextet of lasers blasted into her as the doll served as a conduit of arcane power for the puppeteer

umz5ctV.jpg

As for the troops already afield, they were waiting for their chance to strike at Aqua's dark counterpart. swirling in the air, their blank eyes were watching the fire vortex in preparation for it to fade, and once it did, they would flit down like miniature rockets in their attempt to skewer their foe.

Or at least so would be the smoke screen as, timed so as to not hit at the same time as an ally for obvious reasons, Alice grinned and gave her hands a slight flick of the wrist, and for the briefest of moments the arcane strings connecting the dolls to Alice became visible as energy thrummed between them

"Demon sign~return inanimate"

It was very similar to the spellcard that had caused Bane's end as the dolls exploded rather than struck their target, save for one small difference

THIS spell cards boom was bigger for each doll

Much bigger.

@Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Unlimited RP Works @everyone who's in this fight I was a dumb and fell asleep

While others seemed rather eager to remove the arrows from Aqua's back, Claire gently knelt down next to her friend. She placed her hand over her heart like Aqua had instructed, and found herself surprised that there was a flash of light. Claire hadn't been entirely sure how she used the ice spells before, but she tried to think about healing Aqua. She placed her hand on the girl's shoulder, laughing at the fact that she was able to summon a green glow of sorts.

3XTqUyr.png

"I- I think I'm doing it Aqua. This should help."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Riley was leaning over Aqua, checking her vitals. He shook his head. "I don't know what the hell you're doing, Claire, but keep doing. She's recovering." Riley was amazed. "I mean, everything is recovering." He whistled. "You're a Miracle Worker."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

tumblr_np6yzlDNkL1un5vd1o2_100.png

Max just sorta stared at the scene for a few moments, unsure of what to do. She glanced towards the other podium, eyebrow raising in confusion as she observed Bayonetta not giving a shit. Was this... part of the gameshow, or what? No, the tall guy seemed just as confused as she was. Whatever these weird afterlife people were about (which Max was having a seriously hard time figuring out), they hadn't planned for this.

...Which meant fucking Murphy's Law was still being a complete asshole even in death. Great.

Well, whatever was happening, that little girl was screaming and about to be eaten and the recently deceased photographer knew she had to do something about it.

'Alright, Max, let's hope this still works...'

sJOQtzC.gif

Once the world stopped un-turning and time started to progress normally again, Max sprang into action. Leaping off her podium haphazardly and sprinting to where Coco was still celebrating being allowed to participate, she snatched the tiny reaper up into her arms and scrambled behind Higashizawa, taking cover behind the big man by the time the horribly shadow thing appeared in the distance if everything went to plan. No little girls were getting eaten on her watch.

"H-hey! Steve Harvey! Go kick the shit out of that thing, you're bigger than he is!"

She implored Higashizawa frantically, preparing to bust out a little Max-Fu in case the gameshow host wasn't up to it. As if that'd help.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mari @afterlife​

Rewind?
Ooooh trippy.

Thanks to Max's quick thinking, Coco was safe from having been eaten! The reaper child blinked, surprised when Max simply tackled her out of nowhere.

"Hey! What was that for? Meanie!"

Confused by Max's warning, Higashizawa glanced over his shoulder and saw the creature coming.

"Holy hell! What is that thing? Erm, that's not part of the game." Frantically, he glanced at Max, Bayonetta, and Coco before looking back at the creature.

"All right, well, I can try to fight it off. But I'll need to contact my boss about this. In fact..."

He reached into his pocket, pulling out a phone. He tossed it to Max.

"If you aren't the fighting type, call him for me and tell him something is wrong with Day 5! Okay?"

As Max caught the phone, she would realize it was already... ringing.

~Meanwhile~

Ridley would find that her freshly dead self was in an entirely white room with a TV sitting in the corner and a young man with silver hair grumbling to himself. The television--which should have been playing something--was nothing but a bunch of static at the moment.

"Damn it, Higa, pick up. Something is definitely wrong with Day 5. I'm getting weird readings all over the place..."

As one who recently died, he should've been explaining the game to Ridley, but he appeared to be quite busy at the moment.

@Hospes @OrlandoBloomers @Mari

Watching as Alice once more went on the offensive against both Dark Aqua/Aoko, Chloe decided that if Dark Aqua could dodge her assault rifle's shots like nothing, they'd be little more than spitballs to Aoko and so dropping the empty clip of the rifle fall to the ground, Chloe slotted another one and slung it back over her shoulder before hauling ass to where she had left the Incinerator Cannon.

She had an idea and for better or for worse it involved Riley's cooperation. Gripping the gun and then rushing over to where Riley and Claire were aiding Aqua, Chloe placed a hand on Riley's shoulder to get the guy's attention.

"Hey, Doc Riley! You have any more of those first aid things that you had me stab into my shoulder? I have an idea to try and help out our friends here!"

Chloe urged the unofficial doctor of the group because if she could fire off another shot so soon after Archer's attack and alongside Alice's, she could use that stimpak to fix her shoulder right up afterwards. Was better than just taking a nap on the side and she wasn't exactly a first aid girl herself so she couldn't help Aqua as much as she may have wanted to. It wouldn't exactly be the DBZ-type shit that Alice had just pulled off but hopefully this chick couldn't stop time and redirect the shots at her comrades. e_e

@The Silver Paladin

Reactions: Takumi
As Coco was safe, Bayonetta unleashed an Umbran arrow at the shadow creature.

]
Tumblr_n0yp3iZNNE1sq2xoeo3_500.gif

Only afterward did she realize... "how bloody ironic".

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @OrlandoBloomers

Watching as Alice once more went on the offensive against both Dark Aqua/Aoko, Chloe decided that if Dark Aqua could dodge her assault rifle's shots like nothing, they'd be little more than spitballs to Aoko and so dropping the empty clip of the rifle fall to the ground, Chloe slotted another one and slung it back over her shoulder before hauling ass to where she had left the Incinerator Cannon.

She had an idea and for better or for worse it involved Riley's cooperation. Gripping the gun and then rushing over to where Riley and Claire were aiding Aqua, Chloe placed a hand on Riley's shoulder to get the guy's attention.

"Hey, Doc Riley! You have any more of those first aid things that you had me stab into my shoulder? I have an idea to try and help out our friends here!"

Chloe urged the unofficial doctor of the group because if she could fire off another shot so soon after Archer's attack and alongside Alice's, she could use that stimpak to fix her shoulder right up afterwards. Was better than just taking a nap on the side and she wasn't exactly a first aid girl herself so she couldn't help Aqua as much as she may have wanted to. It wouldn't exactly be the DBZ-type shit that Alice had just pulled off but hopefully this chick couldn't stop time and redirect the shots at her comrades. e_e

@The Silver Paladin

"Yeah. I have quite a few." Riley said handing her another one. "These are surprisingly common in the wasteland. Here you go."

Archer lost no time in using the advantage his blow and Alice's attack gave him. Between his fingers, three more of the same appeared in hand.

Three were nocked on the bow he held as he kept moving, leaping and moving behind Alice to entrust her shielding abilities if it came to that.

And from behind Alice, veering from above and the left and right to attack their target, three broken phantasms flew with a screeching noise to impact their chosen target once more as Archer fought with a grim expression that up to this point, had been absent on his features.

This was the first time technically, they saw him get serious and fight.

@Verite @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Anyone else involved.

Snatching the stimpak out of Riley's hand in a flash she quickly tucked it away in one of her jean pockets as she took aim with the Incinerator Cannon, only somewhat listening to Riley's explanation of how common these things were. As far as Chloe was concerned these things were some of the greatest things Chloe had seen. She had gone and fucked herself right up with this gun since she wasn't a trained space pirate/mercenary with armor durable enough to handle the recoil. But thanks to this shit she was back up and raring to go.

"Yeah yeah, uh uh, sounds good. Thanks Riley!" She exclaimed hurriedly as she got some distance between her and Aqua's Medical Squad before watching as Archer let loose another volley of his own. "Alright, here's from Chloe Price to you, fucker!" She let loose as her battle cry upon firing the Incinerator Cannon towards Aoko.

Once again after firing the sound of bones being cracked was heard as the young miss price was sent flying back across the floor. But this time she was ready. Reaching into her pocket while gritting her teeth all the while, she pulled out the stimpak and jabbing it into her shoulder, the pain quickly died down as it had before. Yeah these things were pretty cool. But there was no need for her to get another one because there was no way Dark Aoko was going to survive her, Alice's, and Archer's attacks all coming in on her at once.

Right?

@Unlimited RP Works @Schnee Corp Lawyer @The Silver Paladin @Verite.​

Aqua had expected the arrows being removed from her back to hurt. She was rather used to pain. However, she hadn't expected for someone to be as rough as Shiki was.

AbDndLX.png

The master let out a scream and slumped over onto her side after Shiki removed the arrows.

"Shiki!" she exclaimed, biting her tounge to keep herself from saying some foul words at him. Aqua never swore, but it was the closest she had come to saying any dirty word in a long time. "Ngh, look, I can heal myself," Aqua grumbled, stubborn for a moment when those around her seemed as if they wanted to help. The arrows had already hurt enough coming out! She didn't want any of the others to mess anything else up!

Thankfully, Aqua's frustration and pain slowly faded as Claire came to her aid with the healing magic. She relaxed her muscles and stopped verbally pushing the others. It would be fine, she supposed, so long as it was only Claire aiding her.

Sighing, Aqua slowly sat up. "Okay, that feels much better." Aqua wiped some of the dried blood off her own face, a bit still left on her chin without her realizing it. "Thanks," she added, tilting her head when she saw Claire laugh at the green glow. "Green wouldn't be a bad color for you. It's a complimentary color of red, your hair color." She smiled. "But you can stop now. You'll tire yourself out if you do that for too long."

Aqua flexed her fingers for a moment before reaching behind to feel of her back and make sure the wounds were healing up. Yep, she certainly was much better than before. Thank goodness for healing magic, and d-linking...

@Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @Eh, whoever else around Aqua...​

Aqua had expected the arrows being removed from her back to hurt. She was rather used to pain. However, she hadn't expected for someone to be as rough as Shiki was.

AbDndLX.png

The master let out a scream and slumped over onto her side after Shiki removed the arrows.

"Shiki!" she exclaimed, biting her tounge to keep herself from saying some foul words at him. Aqua never swore, but it was the closest she had come to saying any dirty word in a long time. "Ngh, look, I can heal myself," Aqua grumbled, stubborn for a moment when those around her seemed as if they wanted to help. The arrows had already hurt enough coming out! She didn't want any of the others to mess anything else up!

Thankfully, Aqua's frustration and pain slowly faded as Claire came to her aid with the healing magic. She relaxed her muscles and stopped verbally pushing the others. It would be fine, she supposed, so long as it was only Claire aiding her.

Sighing, Aqua slowly sat up. "Okay, that feels much better." Aqua wiped some of the dried blood off her own face, a bit still left on her chin without her realizing it. "Thanks," she added, tilting her head when she saw Claire laugh at the green glow. "Green wouldn't be a bad color for you. It's a complimentary color of red, your hair color." She smiled. "But you can stop now. You'll tire yourself out if you do that for too long."

Aqua flexed her fingers for a moment before reaching behind to feel of her back and make sure the wounds were healing up. Yep, she certainly was much better than before. Thank goodness for healing magic, and d-linking...

@Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @Eh, whoever else around Aqua...​

Riley stood back. "That was... One of the most miraculous recoveries I've ever seen! I mean, you went from near Critical Condition to completely recovered." Riley pointed to the Pip-Boy on her arm. "It says so. As I said to Claire Earlier, that was amazing!"

@Atomyk

Rewind?
Ooooh trippy.

Thanks to Max's quick thinking, Coco was safe from having been eaten! The reaper child blinked, surprised when Max simply tackled her out of nowhere.

Confused by Max's warning, Higashizawa glanced over his shoulder and saw the creature coming.

"Holy hell! What is that thing? Erm, that's not part of the game." Frantically, he glanced at Max, Bayonetta, and Coco before looking back at the creature.

"All right, well, I can try to fight it off. But I'll need to contact my boss about this. In fact..."

"If you aren't the fighting type, call him for me and tell him something is wrong with Day 5! Okay?"

~Meanwhile~

Ridley would find that her freshly dead self was in an entirely white room with a TV sitting in the corner and a young man with silver hair grumbling to himself. The television--which should have been playing something--was nothing but a bunch of static at the moment.

"Damn it, Higa, pick up. Something is definitely wrong with Day 5. I'm getting weird readings all over the place..."

As one who recently died, he should've been explaining the game to Ridley, but he appeared to be quite busy at the moment.​

tumblr_nowoiqO65U1r8iovuo4_250.gif

"Sorry, sweetie. Just stay behind me, okay?"

Max responded to Coco in a rush, quickly holding the smaller girl's hand in case she ran off or something. She almost dropped the phone tossed her way as a result, but after a moments' fumbling managed to get a firm grip on it, a little confused that it was already ringing but nevertheless pushing the dial button and bringing the receiver to her ear.

"H-hello? Are you the boss I'm supposed to be calling?"

She hoped it was. This was gonna get awkward if there was some random telemarketer on the other end of the line.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mari @afterlife

It was official.. Ridley Duchannes was dead.

Everything that had happened had felt like it'd dragged on so.. slowly. Like it had all happened in slow motion. Like Ridley hadn't even done it at all, and it was done by someone else. The voice that, even as she had felt herself fading away, echoed through her mind reminded her it wasn't the case. A real pity you couldn't at least go out with a bang and take a few others out with you, my dear Ridley.. It would seem you can't even do that right. Tsk.

If she were awake, and not fading out of reality and into death, the blonde would've cringed.

That Joshua character really had been stupid, acting like she'd just gotten in the way of the bullet to save Frank. It was.. True, though she wouldn't admit that to herself or anyone else. But, then, it was an act of desperation. Get killed when the clearest opportunity came, or die at the hands of... What, a little weird bear? An insane boy who made some damn creepy faces? If she was lucky, maybe even one of the actual players?

Yeah. She'd rather take the chances with the bullet.

Honestly, the girl now was almost 100% certain the entire cast were imbeciles. She'd said it so many times, they would've had to be rock-stupid to not take a hint and get that she'd committed the crime. Or.. Okay, maybe only a couple kills. Whatever. It was pretty sad that it took them so long to catch on.. Not that she cared. It wasn't her fault it took someone else giving it away for them to listen.

Besides.. A painful death was just what she had deserved. Just what she wanted. Maybe even what she needed. She wasn't a hero, and didn't deserve the bullet Joshua had delivered to put her out of her suffering. No.. He should've let her suffer. Let her embrace the pain, and take the time to remember all the things she'd done to deserve it.

Reality check, Ridley; none of the people who called you their friend should've had to put up with you. You didn't deserve the kindness. You didn't deserve anything better than what your family did to you, or how they treated you; hell, if anything, you deserved worse. That will never change. You will always be a monster. Always be a killer. And you will never get redemption.

If only she were alive to cry, or have another angst fest over that thought that she knew was mere truth. Her one question was.. Why? Why did she let Frank, Desmond, Booker.. Anyone, plant this false hope that she could do good in her mind? That she could change? She knew she never would. She'd told them that same thing.

Ridley Duchannes wasn't a role model. Wasn't a hero, or even remotely heroic. Ridley Duchannes was nothing but a monster. And she'd keep telling herself that until..

...Until what?

She'd met her end. This attractive monster's story would be told by the heroes who'd put her out of this. Not her. Nobody would get the full story, because she'd never gotten to give it. Not that it mattered.. It didn't change what she was. It never would.

Ridley Duchannes was dead--​
Rewind?
Ooooh trippy.

~Meanwhile~

As one who recently died, he should've been explaining the game to Ridley, but he appeared to be quite busy at the moment.

@Hospes @OrlandoBloomers @Mari

Cat-like golden eyes peering open with the faintest trace of surprise, the Siren was admittedly surprised to find herself awakening in an odd room with an odd sassy butt-loving annoying boy. Or, to find herself waking up at all, for that matter. "Woah.. Y'know, I thought hell would be better decorated, really.." she muttered, wit apparently not lost upon her death after all.

Suddenly, though, she took further notice of the boy, and decided to address him.. After crossing her arms and jutting her hip slightly to the side. "Yo, Curls; is this supposed to be some sort of..-" she trailed off, tilting her head. "'Day Five'? What are you on about, kid?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

PTEWvfc.png

"Yes, it was. She did a good job for just having learned the power recently," Aqua said with a smile. "And healing magic is like that. It's pretty reliable to used on most common injuries. Anyhow," Aqua began, taking the Pip-Boy off her arm before handing it back to Riley. "I'm fine. I won't be needing this anymore. Next time I'm in battle, I'll just make sure I heal myself before anything that bad happens to me again. Sometimes, it's hard to remember to heal when you're caught up in a moment of battle. Especially when it's--"

Especially when it's a copy of yourself filling your head with awful things...

"...when it's a tough fight," the master said, leaving out her real feelings on the matter. "I guess now, we see what comes next..."

@The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @Everyone​

Desmond laid her head gently down and closed her eyes.

In mortuum, omnis peccatis dimitterantur, si non obliviscantur, amor meus aeternus. Then he got up and moved angrily towards Lisa, the Apple still clutched in his hands. She wanted vengeance, she wanted punishment, then she would be the first to pay. His Hidden Blade flicked out, intent on sealing blood with blood.

tumblr_mi0urmJj9K1r89yfjo1_500.gif

The words came back to Desmond, the one's that Juno had spoken to him, had manipulated him with.

But we soon discovered another use. When enough sat in thrall of the Apple and were told to believe, their thoughts took on form. What was imagined became real. If a hundred minds could wish away a wall, or create a tree, what would a thousand do? Ten thousand? More. Could we change the consensus? Will the threat away?

Desmond stopped in his tracks, all thoughts of vengeance gone from his mind. Maybe instead of taking life for once, he could give it. He raised the Apple high above his head, and took control of those in the room.

my_name_is_desmond_miles_by_jesskat_art-d7zj4b0.jpg

He was in their minds, willing them to believe, believe one simple fact.

"Ridley Duchannes lives."

The Apple gave another pulse of light, pushing the thought further.

Again and again the Apple pulsed, power building. The area around Desmond began to glow dangerously, the fabric of time and space rippling, bending, a dangerous feat for one so weak as a human. Desmond's arm began to shake, the energy being put off from the orb sending bursts of pain from into his body. But it was worth it. He could feel it. It was starting, the change was coming. She would live again, and he would have fixed his failure after all this time. Redemption through life, the anti-thesis of the Assassin's, and one of sad inaccuracies of life that he was still too young to know.

He raised the Apple above his head, and yelled.

The Apple gave out, sending golden light crackling into the far corners of the room, a cruel mockery of what he had tried to achieve. Desmond fell to his knees. He gave one last command into to the people through the Apple.

"Forget."

They couldn't know what he had tried here. The power of the Apple was too great to fall into the wrong hands, even if it was worthless when it came to saving those you loved. So they would forget his trick, and he would find another way.

There was always another way.

@No one since everyone would forget​

PTEWvfc.png

"Yes, it was. She did a good job for just having learned the power recently," Aqua said with a smile. "And healing magic is like that. It's pretty reliable to used on most common injuries. Anyhow," Aqua began, taking the Pip-Boy off her arm before handing it back to Riley. "I'm fine. I won't be needing this anymore. Next time I'm in battle, I'll just make sure I heal myself before anything that bad happens to me again. Sometimes, it's hard to remember to heal when you're caught up in a moment of battle. Especially when it's--"

Especially when it's a copy of yourself filling your head with awful things...

"...when it's a tough fight," the master said, leaving out her real feelings on the matter. "I guess now, we see what comes next..."

@The Silver Paladin @Atomyk @Everyone​

"Don't say that. Injuries follow you like a dog follows a fishing rod with meat dangling from it." Riley said laughing. "I kid, it's fine, thanks." Riley put the Pip-Boy back on his arm. "Yeah. I have a tool that can fix broken limbs, and I also gave you a medicine to ease the pain a bit." Riley stood up, brushed off his lab coat, and stood there. "Try not to get seriously injured like that again, ok?"

Chapter 5
“The Badlands”

As the fighting progressed around the podiums, no one paid much attention to the deactivated Monokuma and his large Mega friend. The air between them seemed to shimmer as the two robot bears began to pixellate. They were quickly broken down into indistinguishable pieces, their data beginning to merge together. As if some supernatural force was forming them into something entirely new, a red aura emitted from the fusion of bears.

They grew to twice the size of even MegaKuma, a chilling red energy flowing around them.

ppTmLe4.png

It could only be described as Demon Monokuma.

"User lost, searching for trace amounts of... Hope..." The demonic bear lifted its nose, seeming to sniff the air. After a moment, it growled, shaking its head wildly.

"Hope...! Hope found! Too much Hope! Delete... Delete! Delete, Delete, Delete!!"

The bear's mouth dropped open, revealing an unnaturally large maw. The air around the bear seemed to tighten as he roared, releasing the energy into a concentrated blast. Almost too fast to comprehend, the blast slammed into Aoko, her form dissipating on contact. In mere seconds, it was as if the woman ceased to exist.

"Deleeeete!!!" The bear reached out a claw, the energy around him forming a giant claw outside of his reach. It stretched outward, flying out and taking hold of Sarutobi Hiruzen. Pulling the man into him, the bear giggled loudly, its laughter reverberating through the floor. As the man touched the red energy surrounding the bear, he too seemed to dissipate from existence.

BFaOoDd.jpg

Ludger had been momentarily shocked by this sudden development, and it took the death of another one of his allies to knock him into motion. Summoning his pistols, he fired a volley of bullets into the creature, but they seemed to evaporate upon touching the foul red energy.

"What the--"

"DELETE!" Shock waves emitted from the beast, red energy spreading out from him to form spikes that jutted out of the floor. Jiriaya was skewered by one of the spikes, his body dissipating before everyone's eyes. The bear then continued to scream out "DELETE", throwing out more blasts of energy from his mouth as he did so. Belphegor and Nito were caught by the blasts, though Cell managed to escape the third shot narrowly. The demon bear wasn't about to let him get away however, as he began to suck in air in Cell's direction. He became like a vacuum, pulling Cell closer to him. The perfect being was powerless to do anything as he was sucked into the bear's gaping maw.

wJl3fNY.png

"Ludger!" Makoto yelled to him over the communicator. "What's happening? We've suddenly lost contact with--"

"A-A bear... A bear thing destroyed the final catalyst, and now he's on a rampage!"

"Destroyed the--" Makoto took in a sharp intake of breath. "Ludger, if they're gone, get everyone out of there! Now!"

Realizing Makoto had the right idea, Ludger quickly lifted his spear.

bR8T4kS.png

However, someone didn't want him to leave just yet--

t0EEqdJ.png

"Wait!! You can't just leave me here! Not with this thing! Don't go, don't go!" Junko grabbed hold of Ludger's arm, who couldn't do much to shake her with the transport already starting. The demon Monokuma readied another mouth blast, but he seemed to freeze as the world around everyone broke away into nothing.

After a moment of silence, the world of nothingness then rebuilt from the ground up. Dust clouded the vision of the survivors until a visible surface had finally been recreated around them. Once the new area was entirely visible to the group of Akibahara crusaders, they would see a deserted wasteland.

keyblade-graveyard.jpg

The ground was hot, dusty and made of rough clay. The sunlight that beat down on their heads from the sky was brutally hot. Lastly, all around them, the group would see miles and miles of weapons stuck into the ground. They weren’t just any weapons either. They were keyblades, the same type of weapon that their comrade Aqua carried with her.

Aqua rushed in front of everyone, stopping them with a motion of her hand. “I know this place!” she cried. “This place is a world from my own universe! It's called... The Keyblade Graveyard.”

KHBBS_065.jpg

The keyblade master grinned excitedly. “Finding the divergent catalyst here shouldn’t be a problem. Out of any of us, I know this world best. I’m sure I can figure out this world’s alternative history and lead us in the right direction.”

After speaking, Aqua’s communicator began to beep. Oddly enough, everyone’s communicators began beeping after hers did. The group looked around, for the divergent catalyst, but saw nothing. Perhaps the communicators were malfunctioning?

yTKW3TK.png

As they traveled, Aqua explained the history of the world as best she could. “This place is a graveyard now. Long ago, a war was fought here between keyblade wielders and seekers of darkness over a great, powerful source of light. The blades of the fallen warriors still stand here today, so I don’t think that the keyblade war has anything to do with this world’s alternate history; it looked the same in my version of the world,” Aqua explained. “I’ll take some time, but I’m sure we’ll be able to figure it out…”

The group traveled for days after arriving, losing themselves within the massive maze of old keyblades. A week had passed and they still hadn’t found anything to do with the world’s alternate history. They only found more dirt, dust, and broken, rusty keys.

Aqua sighed. “It doesn’t make any sense. Nothing about this world looks any different. After the Keyblade War happened here, the only thing to happen afterwards was fairly recent. My friends, Terra and Ven, along with myself came to this world, seeking to question a master about the sneaky things he had been up to lately. The master—Xehanort—betrayed us, stole Terra’s body to use for his own, and the dark master’s apprentice—Vanitas—possessed my friend Ven. I fought and defeated the dark master’s apprentice, stopping him. And later, I fought and stopped the dark master himself before I was trapped in the Ream of Darkness--an empty world were lost souls reside--by accident. But I don’t see any sign of either of them—“

A voice suddenly echoed in the heads of everyone in the group, laughing darkly.

“Are you sure about that, Aqua?”

Aqua blinked, looking around.

yu11zht.png

“That voice… Vanitas?!”

“That’s right. After so long, I’m surprised you haven’t forgotten about me.”

“You should be gone. I stopped you,” Aqua told him, narrowing her eyes.

latest

“You should have? That’s a laugh. You didn’t. I’m still here. YOU failed to stop me. You stopped Master Xehanort, but you were too pathetic to even have the nerve to face me. So with you gone and Master Xehanort gone, do you know what I did? I forged the ultimate keyblade and brought many worlds into darkness.”

Aqua felt her legs tremble.

“No…”

Vanitas chuckled. “Yes, I did. Would you like a second chance at stopping me? You’ll have to look for me. I broke myself into two pieces and hid them somewhere in this world. Find and destroy both parts and the real me will come back. You’ll have a chance to really stop me this time. Aqua, I’ll be waiting for you at the crossroads once I've returned…”

An image of what the two pieces of Vanitas looked like appeared before the group.

Aqua clenched a fist, her arms shaking.

1mGtroT.png

“We know who the divergent catalyst is. Now we just need to find these two pieces of him so we can destroy them, before finally destroying his real self.”

Just in the nick of time, the Coalition communicators beeped, showing a map of the area on their screens that they had finally managed to compile.

Locations:

Seat of War - A small outcropping of rock overlooking the shattered vista below.

Twister Trench - It appears to be a trench full of vicious looking storms. Tread with caution.

Fissure- A small ravine containing a few tents. They appear to be shopping areas run by moogles—quirky, adorable little creatures who live in Aqua’s universe…

Crossroads - Four crossroads, covered by the keyblades of wielders who fell during the Keyblade War. It was here Aqua and her companions faced Master Xehanort and Vanitas long ago…

Dark Cave - An unknown location. It appears to be fairly new on the map.

~CAST LIST~
@Atomyk as Claire Redfield [Resident Evil]
@FireDrake150 as Izana [Original Character] and Ace [Final Fantasy]
@Gummi Bunnies as Red [Pokemon] and Rinato Dormi [Original Character]
@BarrenThin as Lisa Castle and Frank Castle [Marvel Comics]
@The Tactician as Kazuya 'Abel' Mineshigi and Naoya 'Cain' Mineshigi [Devil Survivor]
@Verite as Shiki Tohno [Type-Moon]
@Krieg as Jon Snow [Game of Thrones]
@Bomb as Plutia [Hyperdimension Neptunia] and Gnar [League of Legends]
@Emperor Palpachu as R2-D2 [Star Wars] and The Doctor [Doctor Who]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Aqua [Kingdom Hearts]
@Hospes as Teresa Agnes [Maze Runner]
@york as Sophie [Cry of Fear] and Ruby Rose [RWBY]
@TheColourlessRainbow as The Charmed Ones [Charmed]
@DapperDogman as Soul 'Eater' Evans [Soul Eater] and Ulysses[Fallout]
@Proxymoron as Nicki Minaj [Real Life]
@Thuro Pendragon as Ezio Auditore and Desmond Miles [Assassin's Creed]
@Ryu Keiko as Ryu Keiko [Original Character]
@Josh M as Travis Touchdown [No More Heroes]
@Raven as Jake Long [American Dragon] and Stitch [Lilo and Stitch]
@TheBlueBurch as Chloe Price [Life is Strange]
@Jeremi as Storm and Crusader [Marvel Comics]
@Wedge Antilles as Legolas Greenleaf [The Lord of the Rings]
@ShadowPrime as Felix [Red vs Blue]
@Unlimited RP Works as Archer [Type-Moon]
@Meira as Revya [Soul Nomad & The World Eaters]
@The Silver Paladin as The Lone Wanderer/Riley [Fallout]
@Mtntopview as Frenzy [Transformers]
@Nater Taters as Booker DeWitt [Bioshock]
@ResistingTheEnlightened as Joshua Graham [Fallout]
@Lizzy as Link and Fi [Legend of Zelda]
@Ivazel as Albert Wesker [Resident Evil]

The Dead
@Emperor Palpachu as Darth Vader - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Chris Lang as Kalifa and Kaku - MURDERED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED!
@Maddeline as Emily "Hunter" Grimes - DIED! INNOCENT! VAPORIZED!
@Mighty Roman as Joseph Aniphage - MURDERED! INNOCENT! SNAPPED NECK!
@Infinatis as Grail Trigadon and Specter Knight - DIED! INNOCENT! SQUASHED LIKE A BUG!
@M a r s as Lucy Heartfilia - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Banana Soiree as Harry Hart/Galahad - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Alice Margatroid - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BRAIN EXPLODED AND BEATEN TO DEATH!
@OrlandoBloomers as Maxine Caulfield - MURDERED! INNOCENT! IMPALED!
@Mari as Bayonetta - MURDERED! AGENT! ARROW TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!
@Hospes as Ridley Duchannes - EXECUTED! TRAITOR! BEGGED FOR DEATH!
@FancyForrest as Wander - DIED! INNOCENT! CONSUMED BY BLACK FIRE!
@Librarian Cat as Corvo Attano - DIED! INNOCENT! SHATTERED!
@MrDubWubs as Vi - DIED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED BY A METEOR!
@Korra as Dante - DIED! INNOCENT! PUNCHED THROUGH THE HEART!
@Jenny as Margaery Tyrell and Loras Tyrell - DIED! INNOCENT! HEADS SMASHED IN!
@Sandra as Sylveon and Umbreon - DIED! INNOCENT! IMMOLATED!
@Black Cat as Sarutobi Hiruzen and Toad Sage Jiriaya - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@OrionsHammer as Belphegor - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@SirDerpingtonIV as Nito - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@Dinoteen as Cell - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!

Chapter 5
“The Badlands”

As the fighting progressed around the podiums, no one paid much attention to the deactivated Monokuma and his large Mega friend. The air between them seemed to shimmer as the two robot bears began to pixellate. They were quickly broken down into indistinguishable pieces, their data beginning to merge together. As if some supernatural force was forming them into something entirely new, a red aura emitted from the fusion of bears.

They grew to twice the size of even MegaKuma, a chilling red energy flowing around them.

ppTmLe4.png

"User lost, searching for trace amounts of... Hope..." The demonic bear lifted its nose, seeming to sniff the air. After a moment, it growled, shaking its head wildly.

"Hope...! Hope found! Too much Hope! Delete... Delete! Delete, Delete, Delete!!"

The bear's mouth dropped open, revealing an unnaturally large maw. The air around the bear seemed to tighten as he roared, releasing the energy into a concentrated blast. Almost too fast to comprehend, the blast slammed into Aoko, her form dissipating on contact. In mere seconds, it was as if the woman ceased to exist.

"Deleeeete!!!" The bear reached out a claw, the energy around him forming a giant claw outside of his reach. It stretched outward, flying out and taking hold of Sarutobi Hiruzen. Pulling the man into him, the bear giggled loudly, its laughter reverberating through the floor. As the man touched the red energy surrounding the bear, he too seemed to dissipate from existence.

BFaOoDd.jpg

Ludger had been momentarily shocked by this sudden development, and it took the death of another one of his allies to knock him into motion. Summoning his pistols, he fired a volley of bullets into the creature, but they seemed to evaporate upon touching the foul red energy.

"What the--"

"DELETE!" Shock waves emitted from the beast, red energy spreading out from him to form spikes that jutted out of the floor. Jiriaya was skewered by one of the spikes, his body dissipating before everyone's eyes. The bear then continued to scream out "DELETE", throwing out more blasts of energy from his mouth as he did so. Belphegor and Nito were caught by the blasts, though Cell managed to escape the third shot narrowly. The demon bear wasn't about to let him get away however, as he began to suck in air in Cell's direction. He became like a vacuum, pulling Cell closer to him. The perfect being was powerless to do anything as he was sucked into the bear's gaping maw.

wJl3fNY.png

"Ludger!" Makoto yelled to him over the communicator. "What's happening? We've suddenly lost contact with--"

"A-A bear... A bear thing destroyed the final catalyst, and now he's on a rampage!"

"Destroyed the--" Makoto took in a sharp intake of breath. "Ludger, if they're gone, get everyone out of there! Now!"

bR8T4kS.png

t0EEqdJ.png

"Wait!! You can't just leave me here! Not with this thing! Don't go, don't go!" Junko grabbed hold of Ludger's arm, who couldn't do much to shake her with the transport already starting. The demon Monokuma readied another mouth blast, but he seemed to freeze as the world around everyone broke away into nothing.

After a moment of silence, the world of nothingness then rebuilt from the ground up. Dust clouded the vision of the survivors until a visible surface had finally been recreated around them. Once the new area was entirely visible to the group of Akibahara crusaders, they would see a deserted wasteland.

keyblade-graveyard.jpg

The ground was hot, dusty and made of rough clay. The sunlight that beat down on their heads from the sky was brutally hot. Lastly, all around them, the group would see miles and miles of weapons stuck into the ground. They weren’t just any weapons either. They were keyblades, the same type of weapon that their comrade Aqua carried with her.

Aqua rushed in front of everyone, stopping them with a motion of her hand. “I know this place!” she cried. “This place is a world from my own universe! It's called... The Keyblade Graveyard.”

KHBBS_065.jpg

The keyblade master grinned excitedly. “Finding the divergent catalyst here shouldn’t be a problem. Out of any of us, I know this world best. I’m sure I can figure out this world’s alternative history and lead us in the right direction.”

After speaking, Aqua’s communicator began to beep. Oddly enough, everyone’s communicators began beeping after hers did. The group looked around, for the divergent catalyst, but saw nothing. Perhaps the communicators were malfunctioning?

yTKW3TK.png

As they traveled, Aqua explained the history of the world as best she could. “This place is a graveyard now. Long ago, a war was fought here between keyblade wielders and seekers of darkness over a great, powerful source of light. The blades of the fallen warriors still stand here today, so I don’t think that the keyblade war has anything to do with this world’s alternate history; it looked the same in my version of the world,” Aqua explained. “I’ll take some time, but I’m sure we’ll be able to figure it out…”

The group traveled for days after arriving, loosing themselves within the massive maze of old keyblades. A week had passed and they still hadn’t found anything to do with the world’s alternate history. They only found more dirt, dust, and broken, rusty keys.

Aqua sighed. “It doesn’t make any sense. Nothing about this world looks any different. After the Keyblade War happened here, the only thing to happen afterwards was fairly recent. My friends, Terra and Ven, along with myself came to this world, seeking to question a master about the sneaky things he had been up to lately. The master—Xehanort—betrayed us, stole Terra’s body to use for his own, and the dark master’s apprentice—Vanitas—possessed my friend Ven. I fought and defeated the dark master’s apprentice, stopping him. And later, I fought and stopped the dark master himself before I was trapped in the Ream of Darkness--an empty world were lost souls reside--by accident. But I don’t see any sign of either of them—“

yu11zht.png

“That voice… Vanitas?!”

latest

“You should have? That’s a laugh. You didn’t. I’m still here. YOU failed to stop me. You stopped Master Xehanort, but you were too pathetic to even have the nerve to face me. So with you gone and Master Xehanort gone, do you know what I did? I forged the ultimate keyblade and brought many worlds into darkness.”

“No…”

Vanitas chuckled. “Yes, I did. Would you like a second chance at stopping me? You’ll have to look for me. I broke myself into two pieces and hid them somewhere in this world. Find and destroy both parts and the real me will come back. You’ll have a chance to really stop me this time. Aqua, I’ll be waiting for you at the crossroads once I've returned…”

An image of what the two pieces of Vanitas looked like appeared before the group.

BattleMissionEmblem.png

1mGtroT.png

“We know who the divergent catalyst is. Now we just need to find these two pieces of him so we can destroy them, before finally destroying his real self.”

Just in the nick of time, the Coalition communicators beeped, showing a map of the area on their screens that they had finally managed to compile.

Locations:

Seat of War - A small outcropping of rock overlooking the shattered vista below.

Twister Trench - It appears to be a trench full of vicious looking storms. Tread with caution.

Fissure- A small ravine containing a few tents. They appear to be shopping areas run by moogles—quirky, adorable little creatures who live in Aqua’s universe…

Crossroads - Four crossroads, covered by the keyblades of wielders who fell during the Keyblade War. It was here Aqua and her companions faced Master Xehanort and Vanitas long ago…

~CAST LIST~
@The Tactician as Kazuya 'Abel' Mineshigi and Naoya 'Cain' Mineshigi [Devil Survivor]

The Dead
@Infinatis as Grail Trigadon and Specter Knight - DIED! INNOCENT! SQUASHED LIKE A BUG!
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Alice Margatroid - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BRAIN EXPLODED AND BEATEN TO DEATH!

Riley looked at Aqua. "I'm staying with you, because as I said, Injury follows you. And you know this place best." Riley shrugged. "So, where are you going to go?"

Chapter 5
“The Badlands”

ppTmLe4.png

BFaOoDd.jpg

"What the--"

wJl3fNY.png

bR8T4kS.png

t0EEqdJ.png

keyblade-graveyard.jpg

KHBBS_065.jpg

yTKW3TK.png

The group traveled for days after arriving, loosing themselves within the massive maze of old keyblades. A week had passed and they still hadn’t found anything to do with the world’s alternate history. They only found more dirt, dust, and broken, rusty keys.

yu11zht.png

“That voice… Vanitas?!”

latest

“No…”

BattleMissionEmblem.png

1mGtroT.png

Locations:

~CAST LIST~

The Dead

Frank started to the Seats of War without another word. He was still shaken.

For now, Lisa stuck near Ulysses. His kindness seemed to have made an impression.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@DapperDogman

Glancing to Riley, and any of her usual companions who might accompany her, she suggested, "I'd say we go to the Fissure. In my universe, shops are always a good place to hit first. They sell valuable items. For all we know, the part of Vanitas we need to destroy could be just sitting on a store counter. That's where I'm interested in going. Anyone else want to come?" She glanced over at Chloe, Claire, and Legolas. Her usual peeps lately. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.