Murder Game III: Welcome to Silent Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

"A-Anna?" Elsa questioned, her eyes welling up with tears. "Anna!" she exclaimed. She would have rushed over and hugged the girl while questioning why she was there (not to mention alive), but she noticed the rugged looking man holding her wrist. Her eyebrows narrowed angrily and she stomped toward him. If she had her ice powers right about how, she'd have turned Joel into a snowman. She grabbed his arm and twisted his wrist to make him release Anna, using one of the few techniques Solaire had taught her. "Let go of my sister! Leave her alone, you brute," she exclaimed with a stern voice.
Alison's eyes widened like a saucer, "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! He's cool!" With all her girl might, the doppelganger Anna pushed Elsa off of Joel, or at the very least, tried to. She shook her head, "Who the hell is Anna anyway? Actually, you know what, screw this. I'm out." Rolling her eyes, she stepped out of the restroom, "All I wanted was a little vacation. Something to get away from those fucking GED classes, man. That's all I wanted! Instead, I get stuck with Tweedledee and Tweedledum..."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Wha--But..." Shirou stammered, not understanding. Still, it seemed like he had to go with it for now. Maybe something was wrong here.
"You... let's see... it was around five years ago, so I was twelve years old, and that must mean you wear thirty-four at the time."
"The Shirou I know and left with the Fujimuras to come here was seven."

Kiritsugu looked thoughtful for a second before continuing.

"That means the me you see now is the me at Twenty-nine years old. Tell me one more thing. What do you know about the 4th Holy Grail War?"

Reactions: Sandra
Claire - Sebastian/York

Going into the mind of a madman... something about that seemed really interesting to Claire, but she wasn't sure why. She decided she'd ask about it later.

"Forest... or cemetery..." The image of zombies bursting out of their graves filled Claire with dread over the cemetery option. "Well, I..." She was tempted to vocalise her concerns over the cemetery, but she didn't want to step on the detective's toes. As far as she could imagine, both options seemed pretty inhospitable. "I'm fine with either, honestly," she said. "Whatever it takes to get us closer to the town." Whatever was happening, Claire knew it didn't matter. She'd come here for Chris, after all, and nothing would stand in her way of finding him. "Or, heck, whatever gets us some protection around here."

Last edited:
Reactions: Akibahara
"The Shirou I know and left with the Fujimuras to come here was seven."
Kiritsugu looked thoughtful for a second before continuing.
"That means the me you see now is the me at Twenty-nine years old. Tell me one more thing. What do you know about the 4th Holy Grail War?"
Seven...? But that would mean I...

"The Fourth?" He blinked, wondering what was up with these questions, but still answered nonetheless, "I know... a few details, thanks to Saber and Kotomine. I know that you were Saber's Master, that you fought against Kotomine, a-and that you made Saber destroy the Grail once you found out about how evil it really was, and from my understanding, Kotomine was the Master of the Archer from the last War. But you don't have to worry about them anymore. They're... all gone now that the Fifth is past..."

@Atomyk and @DapperDogman

"Well if you don't care my dear then I vote for the cemetery, at least there we can see better if something comes along. As for protection, there doesn't seem to be a lot around here." Sebastian said thinking that they would have to find things on their own.

"What about you York? Fancy the forest or the cemetery?" He asked and then jotted down something in his notepad.

Seven...? But that would mean I...
"The Fourth?" He blinked, wondering what was up with these questions, but still answered nonetheless, "I know... a few details, thanks to Saber and Kotomine. I know that you were Saber's Master, that you fought against Kotomine, a-and that you made Saber destroy the Grail once you found out about how evil it really was, and from my understanding, Kotomine was the Master of the Archer from the last War. But you don't have to worry about them anymore. They're... all gone now that the Fifth is past..."
"Wait Shirou. You know Saber? More importantly, you know Kotomine? That can't be right, I killed him. Archer should be gone as well."

He looked thoughtful again, thinking over Shirou's words. Wait, 5th War?

"What do you mean, 5th Holy Grail War? I didn't end it? I destroyed the Grail, how can that be possible?

Alison's eyes widened like a saucer, "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! He's cool!" With all her girl might, the doppelganger Anna pushed Elsa off of Joel, or at the very least, tried to. She shook her head, "Who the hell is Anna anyway? Actually, you know what, screw this. I'm out." Rolling her eyes, she stepped out of the restroom, "All I wanted was a little vacation. Something to get away from those fucking GED classes, man. That's all I wanted! Instead, I get stuck with Tweedledee and Tweedledum..."
Joel had a disappointed look on his face, watching the pretty young lady leave. He wasn't sure what to think, but he did take a second to 'check out' the woman that just entered the room.
Satisfied with the results of his scan, he gave the pale blonde a smile. It had been a very long time since he had been with a woman that was young, good-looking and not dead. (and legal)

For now, he decided to ignore the whole sister thing, and instead started speaking to the woman.
"She's got a temper, that one. Needs to learn to keep her cool. Name's Joel."
He extended his hand for a handshake, lifting up her hand when she gave it to kiss her fingers, but then reminded himself he still needed to find Ellie.

"If ya don't mind me askin', miss... Do you have any idea where we are? I'm tryin' to find this little girl, Ellie, fourteen years old, brown ponytail, you seen her?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Reactions: Akibahara
Raven finally woke up. And looked around. She noticed a Cemetery and with out realizing it began to head that way. She looked around not sure what or who she would find.

@Atomyk
Aiden looked around and saw that anything that could of been of use was decayed and couldn't really use. He started to walk toward the town of silent hill. He put his scarf up to cover his face slightly. In case the fog was toxic or something like that. He walked further. He heard commotion from the woods, but he decided not to interfere with them. First he needed a weapon, next find a living person around here. He walked to find a woman taking up in a monologue about her choices. He made his presence known to her. while he was ready for a fight. "Hello."

"Wait Shirou. You know Saber? More importantly, you know Kotomine? That can't be right, I killed him. Archer should be gone as well."
He looked thoughtful again, thinking over Shirou's words. Wait, 5th War?
"What do you mean, 5th Holy Grail War? I didn't end it? I destroyed the Grail, how can that be possible?
"Yeah, I was her Master and she told me what she knew," he said, briefly glancing at his hand. He remembered how bothersome that so-called Command Seal on his hand was during the War, and now that it was over, its absence only reminded him that Saber was gone, "If you killed Kotomine... well, I wouldn't know the details about that, but even if he did somehow survive being killed, I managed to deal with him thanks to the help of Tohsaka..." He mentioned idly.

"The Grail seemed to come back... and Kotomine tried to use a catalyst to summon it. One of the Masters, Illyasviel von Einzbern. Something about her being a homunculus," he explained, oblivious to the relationship she held with Kiritsugu, "But like I said, I dealt with him. Ilya... she's a little girl, you see. But she acts like she's supposed to be older than me or something," Shirou continued with a small laugh, as if reminiscing old memories, "Even so, she's kind of like a little sister. If possible... I'd like for you to meet her..."

Raven finally woke up. And looked around. She noticed a Cemetery and with out realizing it began to head that way. She looked around not sure what or who she would find.
You head toward the cemetery entrance. It's foggy, filled with tombstones, most of the names are worn out due to age, and there's an empty Mausoleum--it appears unlocked.

• Love
The boy smiled almost immediately after Alice introduced herself, and- "Oh, okay."- he really did have a tail. Or rather, that black thing was a tail and it belonged to him. Yeah. And then the tail moved and, yeah, that was his tail. Mhm. A tail. On a person.

Alice snapped out of her disbelief as Rin began to talk.

"Hi Alice! I'm Rin," he said. Then, without giving Alice a chance to reply: "Are you looking for someone too?"

Rin looked desperate, and Alice shared his desperation as he grabbed her shoulder. Flustered, Alice struggled for words to describe her situation, and then...

Alice looked into Rin's eyes. They were on the verge of crumbling, and the dark blue suddenly seemed to veil an even darker color. What that color was, Alice really couldn't say- yet.

"Uhm... I'm not too sure. I just suddenly came here."

And then: "What happened to you?"

After a moment of silence, Rin decided to continue talking. "Alice... W-We should stick together. It's kinda creepy here too..."

"I-uh, of course. If you would have me as your partner, of course," Alice said, curtsying slightly.

@Rin Okumura

• Love
A Recap:
(as posted on RPNation on Murder: The Ties That Bind)

Ariel leapt into the portal.

She landed on the beach, the sand scratching her cheek. It wasn't the most graceful landing, but Ariel quickly stood up. She wiped the sand away from her cheek, eyes shut. She didn't dare look around. What if she wasn't home? Her heart pounded in her chest, toes curled in the sand, and curiosity finally won over the fear, her eyelids peeling open. She almost exploded with happiness. She was home!
Eric's castle, her castle, was directly in front of Ariel. She was standing on the beach right in front of their bedroom window. It was open.
"ERIC!" she shouted, a smile stretched across her face. "ERIC!" Her heart almost stopped. She could see his dark, sexy hair in the corner of the room. She could see him running over to the window, and the heart-melting smile as he saw her. She could almost hear him call her name.
Too bad it never happened.

Ariel didn't let the disappointment overwhelm her. She had hope.

Ariel ran around the castle, to the front gates. There was noise coming from the castle, and Ariel smiled. A celebration? She took a step forward, through the open gates, and got halted by a guard.

"The castle is no' to be entered right now, miss," the guard said, his eyes beady and cold, "Go home while ya still have the chance." The guard wasn't wearing the normal armor, and his accent was strange. Ariel couldn't help but become a little bit suspicious.

"I am Princess Ariel, formerly of Atlantis and now of this castle, and I need to get through."

The guard guffawed, the spear that he was holding wavering a tad bit. "Princess Ariel? You aren't gonna fool anyone with that, lassy. The princess died almost ta year ago."

Another guard walked over, seeing the exchange between them. He was older, and he held himself higher than the one Ariel spoke with. "What tis tha matta over here, aye?" His old eyes landed on Ariel. She expected them to be warm, like her father's old eyes, but they were even colder than the original guard's. "Who are ya?" He laughed. "Sha looks like Princess Ariel."

"That 'tis who sha claims ta be."

The old guard's eyes narrowed, and he forcefully grabbed Ariel's chin, making her look up at him. She winced. He brought her face close to his, examining it carefully. His thumb brushed over the little scar above Ariel's eyebrow, and he grinned. Ariel was about to step back, but he grabbed her arm. "Looks like tha lit'le princess showed up far her husband's execution."

Ariel froze, feeling as if she'd been dipped in cold water. "E-Execution?"

"Come with us, lass. Ya showed up right in time."

Ariel let them drag her to the castle. She wouldn't of been able to do it herself, anyways. She felt numb, as if all the joy was sucked out of her. This was not what she thought coming home would be like.

When they stepped through the doors, they were met by a large crowd. People were all fighting to get a look at whatever they were surrounding, and Ariel was taken aback. They all wore kilts, and looked rough. Mean.

"Comin' through," the guard holding Ariel barked, his tone making the crowd part slightly. It was loud, and as
they made their way past the people, someone yelled, "SILENCE!!" Everyone immediately stopped talking, and Ariel and the guards slunk their way towards the front of the crowd.

"We're gathad here taday ta celebrate the execution o' Prince Eric and tha takeova o' his kingdom." The crowd cheered loudly. Ariel gasped when she finally made it to the front.

Eric, her Eric, was knelt down, his wrists suspended above him by ropes. His shirt was torn and bloody, along with the rest of his clothes. Whip gashes covered his body, and blood oozed from every wound. He was looking down, defeated and tired, pain etched across his features. A whip mark covered his beautiful, bloody, bruised jaw, and a tears started to fall from Ariel's eyes at the sight of her husband.
"....crimes of refusing trade..." Ariel wasn't listening to the man who was speaking. She was fully captured on Eric. Then, she found her voice.

"ERIC!"

The speaking man froze. The guard's grip on her tightened. The man looked at her from his place on top of a crate, and his lips twitched up slightly. He had curly, orange hair, and he looked a few years younger than Ariel. Behind him were his identical siblings, and a woman with their features standing between them. She had her head bowed, and all Ariel could see was a mop of curly orange hair, a bow, and an arrow sheath.

"Ah, look who decided ta show up. Princess Ariel." The guard holding her stepped forward with the other guard, who's hand found her other arm. All the men, triplets, Ariel assumed, had an identical smirk etched on their faces. The woman gazed upward, and Ariel finally got a good look at her. She looked about 10 years older than Ariel, her face war-hardened. Her eyes bore into Ariel's, and that nerve-wracking smirk slowly spread over her face.

"Princess? Here ta die wit'cha husband?" The woman leapt down from her place, landing with grace and ease. "He's been causing quite a bit 'a trouble, lately." The woman walked over to where Eric was bound, and her calloused hand traced Eric's jaw. Ariel growled, pulling against the guards holding her but not succeeding. The woman laughed coldly. Despite what Ariel wanted, tears ran down her face, dripping from her hard set jaw. The woman pulled an arrow from her sheath and put the tip against Eric's neck. "Pity he's passed out. He can't eve' see ya again before..."

Quickly, before Ariel could react, the woman drove the arrow straight through Eric's windpipe.
"ERIC, NO, ERIC!" Ariel screeched, the tears flowing freely down her face. She pulled against the guards with all her might before the weakness set over. "ERIC, ERIC!" All Ariel could scream was his name, limp in the guards' arms, her legs unable to support her. "ERIC!" The pain of his death sliced through her as if she had been the one to get stabbed, and she sobbed, the cheering of the crowd mute to her ears. Her face was completely wet with tears, eyes red and throat hurting. The sobs wracked through her body, and all she wanted to do was curl up in a ball and die.

Ariel didn't notice the curly, orange haired woman in front of her until she got kicked in the side. Her scream mixed with her crying, the bullet wound opening up. It could hardly compare to the pain of loosing Eric, the only one idea that kept her sane throughout the Crossed ordeal.

"Stand up, ya miserable lil' thing! Ya hurt ma eyes juss' lookin' at cha!" Ariel looked up at the woman through her tear filled eyes, rage mixing with the sadness.

"Just kill me, please! I-I can't live without him!" Ariel's voice was choked, and Ariel was ready to die. She really was. Forget her daddy, her sisters, she wanted to die.

The woman looked down at Ariel, disgust in her eyes at Ariel's pitiful self, and drew her bow, stepping back a tad bit. "Whateve' works for ya."

~FIN~
or... we thought

Prologue

Ariel lay on her back in her cell.

Four years. Four years, she had been trapped in this hell. This castle that was once her's, treating her as if she was a barnacle to be scraped off of the bottom of a ship. The pain hurt her everyday. The pain of losing Eric, the pain of what she'd been through with the Crossed, a completely different hell on its own. After the woman had decided not to end her torture, to make her live with the pain of Eric's death on her mind, she had been forced to tell of where she had been.

And she had refused.

Ariel got off of her cold, hard bed, wincing as her achy muscles were forced to move. Her daily rations were sitting on a plate near her cell door. She slowly sat up and shuffled forward. Her outfit was barely enough to cover herself, not even close to keeping her warm. It was the triplet's choice. She was the same thing to them as she was to Bertha. A toy.

Ariel limped over to her food, her hip screaming in pain. She could hardly move it, anyways. She wasn't sure if the permanent injury was worth not speaking of her year out of the castle, the year that haunted her dreams along with Eric's face every night. She dropped down in front of her bowl of food and shoveled the mush into her mouth with her hands. She wasn't given any silverware.

Today was different, though. She left part of her mush in the bowl, despite still being hungry. Her hands shook with nervous as she awaited the signal.

The signal.

A maid shuffled forward from the darkness of the dungeons, looking around nervously. A key jingled in her hand. "Miss Ariel?"

In her four years, Ariel had learned that there was a rebellion against the intruding kingdom. She could have escaped for a year, now, but she had no reason to in her depression.

Now, she had a reason.

The crumpled invitation, dirty with food, was clutched in her hand. She had received it in the bottom of her food bowl days ago. There was always a plan for her to escape, one she had never bothered to initiate, but now, it was to begin.

The key turned in the lock. Ariel crept forward, secretly pinching herself. This wasn't a dream, was it? No, all her sleep consisted of were nightmares. Excitement flushed through her.

"Miss Ariel?"

"Yes?" Her delicate voice was rough and cracked with lack of use.

"We need ta go."

Quickly, they went forward, the maid supporting Ariel as she struggled to walk. Ariel panted with effort. They passed through many doorways in the dark depths of the castle, until suddenly, they were at a wide open one. Guards littered the ground, all either knocked out or dead. The rebellion worked quick. Ariel saw the portal peeking from behind the open doors, and her heart leaped. Immediately, she limped/ran towards it, with only one thought in her mind.

Silent Hill.

Ariel landed on the grass with a thud and threw up the small breakfast in her stomach. She stood up weakly, from being tired from her escape, and from being in the cell for so long. Her physical activity levels had sucked. She looked around, taking in the people and the creepy forest. Immediately, hope flared through her.

"Eric? ERIC?" She limped through the crowd hurriedly in her horrible clothes, searching.

"Eric? Eric!" She called out his name repeatedly, shoving past the people who weren't him, who weren't her's. "Eric!"

She was making quite the scene.

//lol long prologue and too annoyed to edit​

"Esy alright?" Lee said as he put his hand over his head and walked slowly towards the cabin. He didn't know if she really had a gun or not, but better safe than sorry. "You know what the hell is going on?" He called up to the girl.
"Alright everybody stop, we are all good people, we should stick together, you said your looking for some guy, as long as we stay together, then will help you find him deal" He said to Ellie, she didn't look afraid more determined.

Joel had a disappointed look on his face, watching the pretty young lady leave. He wasn't sure what to think, but he did take a second to 'check out' the woman that just entered the room.
Satisfied with the results of his scan, he gave the pale blonde a smile. It had been a very long time since he had been with a woman that was young, good-looking and not dead. (and legal)
For now, he decided to ignore the whole sister thing, and instead started speaking to the woman.
"She's got a temper, that one. Needs to learn to keep her cool. Name's Joel."
He extended his hand for a handshake, lifting up her hand when she gave it to kiss her fingers, but then reminded himself he still needed to find Ellie.
"If ya don't mind me askin', miss... Do you have any idea where we are? I'm tryin' to find this little girl, Ellie, fourteen years old, brown ponytail, you seen her?"

"Forest hardly seems like it'd hold anything useful for us, at least if we check the graves, we can see if any of our loved ones are buried here...maybe their spirits called us?" he asks, unsure of what logic he was even using, but then again, he was always thinking illogically, and it made some sense, if the town had any direct tie to their loved ones, it'd cement them calling them here...he'd gotten a radio message, from Emily, after all, it wasn't written, he'd heard her voice​

"Alright everybody stop, we are all good people, we should stick together, you said your looking for some guy, as long as we stay together, then will help you find him deal" He said to Ellie, she didn't look afraid more determined.
Ellie still wasn't sure what to say. These were two strange, grown men that could easily lead her into a trap if she let her guard down.
But Joel wasn't coming out of the house, and something must have happened. She also didn't hear anything inside it anymore.

"I... I gotta check out what happened to Joel first..." After that, she quickly ran into the house to look around, and think.

About two minutes later, Ellie came back out with a disappointed look. Joel was nowhere around.

"Okay... You help me find Joel and I'll come with you. Don't you fucking try any bullshit though, seriously."

@The Last Outlaw

Raven looked at the Mausoleum curious on why it seemed unlocked. She opened it slowly. Then traveled in for she was curious which was normal for her when it came to any cemetery and most strange dark places.

@DapperDogman and @Atomyk

"Then off to the cemetery we go then." Sebastian said and then looked over at the girl, seeing that a man had started to talk to her. "Is everything alright over here?" He asked and then looked at the man. His face was covered up and there was something about him that just rubbed Sebastian the wrong way.

Claire - Aiden/Sebastian/York

She didn't respond to the man at first as she honestly did not expect anyone to approach her. She turned away from the detectives and peered curiously at the newcomer. His outfit didn't exactly inspire her to trust him. "... Hello." She honestly wasn't sure what else to say. She gestured to Sebastian and York. "I was going to stick with these two, if you want to tag along as well." A pause, and she allowed herself a small smile. "As long as you're not secretly crazy." If he meant her harm, she hoped the presence of others would deter him.

"Yeah, I was her Master and she told me what she knew," he said, briefly glancing at his hand. He remembered how bothersome that so-called Command Seal on his hand was during the War, and now that it was over, its absence only reminded him that Saber was gone, "If you killed Kotomine... well, I wouldn't know the details about that, but even if he did somehow survive being killed, I managed to deal with him thanks to the help of Tohsaka..." He mentioned idly.
"The Grail seemed to come back... and Kotomine tried to use a catalyst to summon it. One of the Masters, Illyasviel von Einzbern. Something about her being a homunculus," he explained, oblivious to the relationship she held with Kiritsugu, "But like I said, I dealt with him. Ilya... she's a little girl, you see. But she acts like she's supposed to be older than me or something," Shirou continued with a small laugh, as if reminiscing old memories, "Even so, she's kind of like a little sister. If possible... I'd like for you to meet her..."
Kiritsugu took it all in, drinking up the information Shirou fed to him, if he were a man who held less control over his emotions, he was sure he'd be giving away the game already. Eveerything Shirou said, it linked back to him and the 4th Holy Grail War...even Shirou's involvement, that was his fault too. Realising this, realising that he would unintentionally put his son, the only family left to him, into that kind of danger, set him on edge, though he didn't show it externally.

"Tohsaka...he had a daughter, if I remember correctly, I assume you mean her. So she was involved too...and your being Saber's master...I am sorry Shirou, I did not mean for such a fate to befall you, no one should have had to go through those wars."

He shook his head before continuing.

"It doesn't surprise me that Kotomine would use a homunculus as a catalyst. Before, it was my wife, Irisviel von Einzbern."

He paused.

"Yes Shirou, Ilyasviel von Einzbern is my daughter, my natural-born daughter, she is actually your elder sister, hence why she treated you the way she did. She is one of the reasons I am here, if I can bring back Iri, I can return to Ilya, and you as well."

Status
Not open for further replies.