Multiple sources and characters for fandom based roleplays.

S

smokedguts

Original poster

Intro

This is a very quickly put together thread to advertise interest. Maybe I'll make it prettier in the future, maybe I won't.
If anything seems to be missing / not quite right, let me know.
There is not password, and I don't mind if you gloss over most of it or skip to fandoms. I will, however, be slightly annoyed if every question you ask me is something you could have found here. Clarifying is always fine by me, though.
All of this is also available in carrd format if you'd prefer to click around it like that. Some slight tweaks may have been made, but it's essentially all the same information.

About

You may call me Will or Static.
I'm a queer, non-binary male.
I use he, they, and it pronouns.
I'm 19 years old and I'm from the UK.

I (unfortunately) happen to be a kinnie. I'm open to talking about this, but I'll leave at the first sign of kin drama.
I'm quite blunt and have a sarcastic and dry sense of humour, if you need me to tone this down just let me know.
Please don't use tone indicators for me, thanks.
Also pretty anti-social, but here I am regardless of that.

I have at least 5 years of writing experience under my belt, probably a bit more.
Currently trying to get back into writing, and roleplay is a much easier way to ease myself back compared to writing fics.

OOC Information

re: approaching
x I don't mind if you comment on my thread or dm me to show interest
x I prefer to talk slightly prior before agreeing to roleplay or exchanging details if you want to move platform.
x I've listed fandoms, characters I play, and characters I'm seeking. Please let me know what you're interested in and a vague idea of how you see the characters' dynamics, as well as anything else you'd like to include. This allows me to get back to you quicker and establish if I am or am not interested.
x The more you tell me, the more likely I am to start coming up with an idea that will work for us.
x I don't require writing samples at all, I think demanding them before writing is an impressive breed of obnoxious.
x As this is in the general roleplay searches, I'll clarify now that I will only write explicit content with other 18+ users, this includes more graphic gore or most darker themes. I'm likely to agree to write with 16+ users, but I'm sorry in advance if you're looking for more gritty stuff, I'm just not comfortable writing that stuff with someone a few years younger than me due to the heavy nature.

re: communication
x I'm mentally ill, physically ill, and neurodivergent. I mention this because they can occasionally interrupt communication (which extends to roleplay).
x I'm fine with talking OOC, but I'm not always the most talkative.
x If I ever do anything that bothers you, just tell me. I'm only posting in Redstar so we're all adults, there's no excuse for petty drama. Roleplaying is meant to be fun.
x I prefer to plot with someone, rather than for them or before them. I won't do all the work, and I won't make you do all the work. Even if one of us comes up with the core idea, roleplaying is always a joint effort.
x On a very similar note, I don't like jumping in to write without any plot preparation as it often feels aimless and leaves me not knowing where to go next.
x I'm relatively ghost friendly, but at least have the common courtesy to tell me if you're losing interest.
x If you like writing with me but the roleplay just isn't doing it for you anymore, just say so. I'm happy to plot further or otherwise resurrect, put it on the back burner, drop it all together, write something new, or mutually agree not to write anymore. Just tell me, it only bothers me if I don't know.
x I can only do so many roleplays at once, if I'm overburdened but like the idea of writing with you I may ask for us to keep in contact regardless.
x I'm capable of taking criticism of my writing.

re: platforms
x I'm comfortable writing on Iwaku in messages (with one for ooc talk, one for roleplay rather than using brackets for ooc communication), but I do use other platforms and may move to them if that's your preference.
I am most active on Discord, but I'd be open to use email or potentially even Google Docs. I'm very unlikely to consider using anything else, and I don't believe I'm open to using threads.
x I am not looking for or interested in group roleplays, I prefer to keep it 1x1.

Writing Related Information

re: response time
x The real life obligations I have usually don't get in the way of my activity, I am frequently online and available. I can give you times I'm not free if you'd like that.
x I'm in the UK, but my sleep schedule tends to work better for people close to my timezone, or hours behind it.
x I'm not incredibly fussy about how frequently you reply, but days or longer between every reply often makes the roleplay feel like it's dragging unless I'm seriously invested.
re: response length
x I typically write at least a paragraph to a few paragraphs per response.
x I can write longer, but I rarely reach what would be considered 'novella' style writing.
x I'm not picky on length and I don't believe in dictating length of replies, sometimes there's just less to say, but I don't like one liners and I can't write with a partner who will frequently only give me a sentence in reply.
x Generally speaking, as long as you give me something to go off of for my response, and I feel engaged by the writing, I'm unlikely to get bored.
re: writing style
x I exclusively roleplay in the third person, and will only write with other roleplayers who do the same.
x I'm a fan of language, I enjoy grammar, but I'm not up my own ass about it. I don't expect every response to be perfectly proof read, typo free, and flawless. However, if your grammar is really poor I may lose interest.
x I enjoy elaborate descriptions with all the frills, but this doesn't always come naturally to people. I don't expect high levels of detail, I don't always write high levels of detail, but it's my general preference.
x The bottom line is: anything that will make me feel more engaged with the writing will always be a plus.

Content Preferences

re: themes
x I'm a huge fan of lore, intricacy, character development, character studies, and all that good stuff. A well thought out, detailed plot will always keep me happy.
x My general preference is darker themes and angst. I like grit and conflict much more than I like fluff (but even fluff has its place, of course).

re: headcanons
x I get caught up in headcanons and exploring characters a lot, so I tend to have my own opinions that weave between canon and headcanon.
x Sometimes the line between canon and headcanon gets blurred to me, so I'll try to clarify or explain before I pop something into writing and leave you wondering where it came from.
x If we have differences in headcanons, that isn't a problem with me. Headcanons are rarely so integral to how I write a character that I would be unable to work around it.
x If we have conflicting opinions that genuinely matter to both of us, I may suggest some other work around or suggest that we write something else entirely.
x I do have headcanons that involve mental health, gender identities, and sexuality. If this bothers you for whatever reason, let me know.

re: ships
x I'm gay, I have a preference for mlm, nblm, and nblnb pairings, but I'm open to writing others depending on the characters.
x I have not specified what dynamic I'm looking for alongside every character I'd like to write against, just to save overloading with any additional information. Because of this, I'd prefer you state how you prefer to see them when you approach me.
x I am open to most sorts of ships and I don't ship bash. If you suggest something I don't like, I'll just tell you it's not for me. I'm partial to a few rarepairs and questionable ships myself.
x I will not ever be interested in a pairing that is adult x minor, ageing up a character does not rectify this for me.

re: aus
x I enjoy both canon and au, but most of what I write falls into the category of canon divergence.
x I'm not fond of crossovers.
x I typically don't like things like soulmate aus, high school aus, or aus where it just takes and existing universe and makes it older or more modern.
x I'm still always open to hearing out your ideas, just because I don't like a broad category doesn't mean I won't like your specific plot.
x I am rarely interested in writing against genderbent characters.

re: ocs
x I practically exclusively write canon characters, but I am open to writing against OCs.
x I will practically never write an OC as a main character, but sometimes filling in the blanks or using OCs as plot points is the way to go, and I'm happy to do that.
x I will not agree to write against your OC before I've seen them. I don't expect a full bio or anything like that, but I expect at least some information to go on so I know if I'm interested.
x I do not like writing against Mary/Gary Sues, self inserts, or anything of the sort. If you have OCs like that, that's cool, but it's not my thing to write against.
x I only enjoy OCs that fit into the universe we're writing for, I'll never provide fan service by writing ooc just to match with your OC, because I don't enjoy that.
x I can give more examples of OCs I don't like in messages, but the tl;dr is that I'm the most likely to be happy writing against developed OCs that fit into the universe we're writing for with realistic ties to the characters that already exist within said universe.
x I'm only critical of OCs because of how many bad ones I've seen and roleplayed against, but I'll never be horrible about your OCs or mock you for them. If you want constructive criticism, I'm happy to give it just because I enjoy character creation.

re: doubling
x My doubling tends to be picking up side characters to progress plot or playing a secondary character or two occasionally rather than 'full on doubling'.
x I will not use doubling as a way to compromise if we're not compatible. (I.e. I've been asked too many times "well I want you to play this character against my OC but you don't want to do that so how about we do that and I'll write whatever character you want against another character", I don't want to do double the work for half the enjoyment).
x When picking up side characters, I prefer both of us to have an even (ish) amount of characters, unless one of us opts to have more.
x There are certain characters I'm not comfortable with writing even for plot purposes.

re: limits
x I have triggers, but I have practically no limits to what I will write.
x Please let me know your limits up front, or triggers, so I know what to avoid.
x Whilst I don't have limits, I obviously have a lot of preferences but overall I'm pretty flexible. If I ever am unable to write something due to it being triggering, I'll let you know and may need a short break before proceeding.

NSFW Content

Sexual based nsfw information can be found in my carrd, or via my Redstar post.

re: gore
x I personally love horror, gore, and all of that, but I'm aware it isn't for everyone. I like abusive themes and things in that area, too.
x I have virtually no limits with this, either, but I typically prefer major characters in the roleplay to stay alive and at least somewhat functional.
x I prefer realism. There's only so much the human body can take, even if I enjoy the concept of it being pushed to its limits.
x I like things to make sense contextually, nothing needs to be included if you don't like it or I don't like it, I respect comfort and boundaries, and I enjoy the darker stuff and the lighter stuff.

I am very picky on what I will write with anyone under 18 when it comes to anything NSFW, and I may ask that we plot away from darker plots or topics.

Fandoms, characters, and pairings.

I do write for fandoms that aren't listed here, but I've tried to condense it to the most likely to write. If you send me your thread and you have other things I can write for listed, I may mention this.
A ★ is placed by the ones I am most interested in, the others I'm highly interested in are highlighted in my carrd but I'm not dealing with that formatting right now. Obviously, this will not always be up to date.
If a character has multiple versions (i.e films and movies), I may have a preference for which version I write.

Quick list so you don't waste your time scrolling: Archer, Assassin's Creed, Borderlands, DC, Gilmore Girls, Good Omens, Gotham, Half Life, Hannibal, Harry Potter, Haunting of Hill House, Hetalia, Homestuck, House M.D., Inglourious Basterds, Killing Stalking, Left 4 Dead 2, Left 4 Dead, Marvel, Merlin BBC, Peaky Blinders, Portal, Russian Doll, Shameless US, She-Ra, Sherlock Holmes, Shingeki no Kyojin, Star Trek, Star Wars, Team Fortress 2, The Legend of Zelda, The Umbrella Academy, The Witcher, We Happy Few.

Archer
I write as...
Sterling Archer

Looking for...
Algernop Krieger
Lana Kane
Assassin's Creed
I write as...
Malik Al-Sayf
Ezio Auditore
Jacob Frye

Looking for...
Altair Ibh-La'Ahad
Kadar Al-Sayf
Leonardo Da Vinci
Evie Frye
Maxwell Roth
Crawford Starrick
Borderlands
I write as...
Mordecai

Looking for...
Lilith
Dr. Zed
Scooter
Mad Moxxi
General Knoxx
DC
I write as...
The Joker

Looking for...
Batman
Gilmore Girls
I write as...
Jess Mariano

Looking for...
Rory Gilmore
Good Omens
I write as...
Crowley

Looking for...
Aziraphale
Gotham
I write as...
Oswald Cobblepot
Jerome Valeska

Looking for...
James Gordon
Victor Zsasz
Edward Nygma ★
Fish Mooney
Bruce Wayne
Jeremiah Valeska
Half Life
I write as...
Gordon Freeman

Looking for...
Vortigaunts
Alyx Vance
Barney Calhoun
G-Man
Hannibal ★
I write as...
Will Graham ★★★

Looking for...
Hannibal Lecter ★
Jack Crawford
Alana Bloom ★
Abigail Hobbs
Freddie Lounds
Peter Bernardone
Randall Tier ★
Abel Gideon
Bedelia Du Maurier
Frederick Chilton
Margot Verger
Mason Verger
Molly Graham
Harry Potter
I write as...
Tom Riddle
Remus Lupin
Draco Malfoy

Looking for...
Sirius Black
James Potter
Nymphadora Tonks
Fenrir Greyback
Harry Potter
Blaise Zabini
Haunting of Hill House
I write as...
Luke Crain

Looking for...
Nell Crain
Theo Crain
Hetalia
I write as...
England
Romano
Prussia
Norway
Romania

Looking for...
(There were too many combinations for me to list for a source I'm not as interested in)
Homestuck
I write as...
Dave Strider
Dirk Strider
Hal Strider
Karkat Vantas
Kankri Vantas
Sollux Captor
Mituna Captor
The Psiioniic

Looking for...
(There were too many combinations for me to list for a source I'm not as interested in)
House M.D.
I write as...
Gregory House

Looking for...
James Wilson
Inglourious Basterds
I write as...
Aldo Raine

Looking for...
Smithson Utivich
Donny Donowitz
Hugo Stiglitz
Archie Hicox
Hans Landa
Killing Stalking
I write as...
Yoon Bum

Looking for...
Oh Sangwoo
Left 4 Dead
I write as...
Bill

Looking for...
Zoey
Louis
Francis
Left 4 Dead 2
I write as...
Ellis

Looking for...
Nick
Rochelle
Coach
Marvel
I write as...
Harry Osborn
Loki Laufeyson
Steve Rogers
Wade Wilson
Eddie Brock Jr

Looking for...
Peter Parker
Maxwell Dillon
Donald Menken
Felicia Hardy
Odin
Frigga
Thor Odinson
Fandral the Dashing
En Dwi Gast
Angrboda
Fenrir
Hel
Jormungandr
Bucky Barnes
Peggy Carter
Howard Stark
Abraham Erskine
Tony Stark
Sam Wilson
Cable
Venom
Merlin BBC
I write as...
Arthur Pendragon

Looking for...
Merlin
Peaky Blinders
I write as...
Thomas Shelby

Looking for...
Arthur Shelby
John Shelby
Ada Shelby
Polly Gray
Freddie Thorne
Danny Whizz-Bang
Grace Burgess
May Carleton
Lizzie Stark
Alfie Solomons
Tatiana Petrovna
Portal
I write as...
GLaDOS
Doug Rattmann

Looking for...
Chell
Rick and Morty
I write as...
Rick Sanchez

Looking for...
(Not seeking anyone in particular)
Russian Doll
I write as...
Nadia Vulvokov

Looking for...
War Dog
Horse
Ruth Brenner
Alan Zaveri
Shameless US
I write as...
Ian Gallagher

Looking for...
Fiona Gallagher
Lip Gallager
Mickey Milkovich
She-Ra
I write as...
Hordak
Shadow Weaver
Double Trouble

Looking for...
Horde Prime
Entrapta
Angella
Micah
Norwyn
Catra
Sea Hawk
Sherlock Holmes
I write as...
Sherlock Holmes

Looking for...
John Watson
Mycroft Holmes
Lestrade
Jim Moriarty
Irene Adler
Enola Holmes
Shingeki no Kyojin
I write as...
Levi Ackerman

Looking for...
Erwin Smith
Star Trek
I write as...
Spock

Looking for...
James T. Kirk
Leonard McCoy
Nyota Uhura
Star Wars
I write as...
Anakin Skywalker

Looking for...
Shmi Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Padme Amidala
Sheev Palpatine
Ashoka Tano
Team Fortress 2 ★
I write as...
Sniper
Spy ★

Looking for...
Scout
Scout's Mom
Soldier
Medic ★
Miss Pauling
The Legend of Zelda
I write as...
Link
Sheik

Looking for...
(Not seeking anyone in particular)
TUA
I write as...
Klaus Hargreeves

Looking for...
Diego Hargreeves
Allison Hargreeves
Number Five
Ben Hargreeves
Dave Katz
The Witcher
I write as...
Geralt of Rivia

Looking for...
Jaskier
Yennefer
We Happy Few
I write as...
Arthur Hastings ★

Looking for...
Ollie Starkey
Uncle Jack
Bobbies

I may not be fully up to date or in touch with all of the sources listed. I really don't like spoilers, or spoiling others, so I'll let you know that pretty up front. I may also need to re-consume pieces of media to brush up on content for fandoms I'm less invested in now.
If you write for a fandom I also write for, but the character you write isn't listed, feel free to suggest that pairing anyway. Just don't be surprised if it isn't my thing

Writing Sample

CW: Potentially paranoia incuding content, home invasion, stalking, animal death, mild gore, serial killers, typical Hannibal type content.
Fandom: Hannibal.
Character: Will Graham.
Word Count: 1,650.
Post Type: Starter.
Date: November 2020.

Cases became distressing so quickly and commonly that it was hardly a surprise when this case started to keep him up. The Gouger, Sullivan Jones, had been behind bars for a few weeks now, sentenced to several life sentences without possibility of parole. That wasn't the troubling part, the troubling part was hardly even the bodies, the way they were left, the way Will had to step into and reconstruct the crime scenes. He'd seen... worse. He thought so, at least. Sometimes it was hard to measure something so horrid.
The problem, the biggest one of the case, was the following Sullivan had amassed. Hybristophilia was common enough that it wasn't surprising that a cult like figure such as himself, charming enough and charismatic, would have a few dedicated followers. He was behind bars, he had been before, but the killing had never stopped. He was released on a technicality and avoided getting his hands dirtier by having his followers kill for him, all of them using the trademark of removing both eyes, keeping one and placing the other in the mouth of their victims to signal that it was for him. It was simple enough to be replicated, and that was part of the problem. A TV interview with him had caused a huge problem for the police. He had given his followers a call to action, to kill for him in his name, to leave his signature to show dedication and to track down and torment those who helped to convict him.
Will should have been put into protective custody immediately. You didn't have to be close to the case to know he was involved, all thanks to Lounds it was well documented. He had refused, of course. He couldn't handle the idea of having to take on a new identity and move, leave his dogs, leave his work. He was sure taking on a new personality and identity would become a permanent change for him unintentionally and he'd never find it again after returning, if he could ever return.
The cases were frequent and relentless, particularly in the first week, but even after that they hardly showed any sign of slowing down. Once officers had realised Jones was making calls to his followers and encouraging followers to follow orders, his rights to phone calls and letters out of the prison were removed. As soon as they found out that other inmates were making calls for him, the prison went on a full lockdown and he was moved into solitary. Each step of his communication being cut off made his followers more and more angry, wanting to see their beloved cult leader on TV again, wanting to have contact with him again. Everyone involved in this case was in a tight spot, and the chaos didn't seem to be slowing down or easing up any time soon.
Will hadn't been delusional enough to assume he was safe, but he hadn't felt as if he were in immediate danger for the first week or so. It started to go downhill after that, and it didn't take long to spiral out of control.
He had assumed he was just seeing things or misremembering when he came home and there was a glass out on the counter he definitely did not leave there. He thought it was just the weather, an impending storm, when his dogs started to show signs of anxiety. It couldn't just be that simple.
Things being out of place started to become a more common occurrence, and it was very soon clear that someone was in his house. Regularly. Moving things. He would find dirt tracked into his house from muddy shoes that didn't belong to him, he'd checked against all his boots multiple times and they did not belong to him. He had started to take pictures of his house before he left, to compare to when he got back. Things were moving, things that certainly couldn't have possibly be done by his dogs. It had started only happening when he was at work, when the house was left unattended for hours on end. Then it started to happen when he was out walking his dogs.
The second it began happening whilst he was asleep, he became a wreck. Someone was in his house. Someone, or some people, were coming into his house on a daily basis to mess with him. He had felt unsafe straight away, but he could handle it. He told himself he could handle it. Until he couldn't.
He had only left for a few minutes, bringing the dogs back in from the yard, when he saw it. An eyeball. A small one, it definitely didn't belong to a human. It was left there in a few seconds and Will hadn't seen anyone anywhere near him. He didn't know how it was possible, he was sure he was losing his mind. There was no possible way someone could have walked behind him to that door and not alerted him or his dogs and then slipped away without any of them noticing.
Unless they had been inside his house.
He stopped leaving his house, hardly left his bedroom. He paid someone to come and walk his dogs, so terrified every time that they'd never return. They began to act more anxious, sensing the distress of their owner clearly, or perhaps sensing something else. He didn't want to know, he didn't want to think about it.
He had only passed out for a few minutes in his chair and when he had woken up, there was a dead dog at his feet. No eyes. He hadn't been able to stop himself before he had opened the mouth of the dog to confirm his fear, the eyeball of the animal placed within his jaws. He had been still for almost an hour, holding the dog in his arms. It was still warm when it was sat at his feet, still bleeding. This dog had just been killed and he hadn't seen it, hadn't heard it. It wasn't his own, he was so thankful for that but no dog fucking deserved this treatment. No person deserved this treatment.
Tears had clouded his eyes as he had positioned the dog into a more dignified way, and held it well into rigor mortis. Distressed didn't even cover how he felt, and seeing his dogs come over and attempt to engage with the corpse shattered his heart further. He wasn't entirely sure how he hadn't thrown up at the sight of it, but the combination of fear, adrenaline, and sleepless nights prevented him from doing so.
He laid the dog at the bottom of his bed, tormented mind not allowing him to move from his bed. The dogs stayed by him, sensing his fear, and that helped. At least slightly. He wasn't alone, but his dogs wouldn't be able to protect him enough surely. He kept finding himself counting them, making sure they were all still there, giving them attention as much as he could whilst he tried to keep himself sane.
He didn't sleep that night, or the next. By the third he was starting to feel the micro naps coming on, but he refused. He sat with his gun either directly by his side or in his hand, refusing to move to eat or drink or go to the bathroom. The only time he moved was when the dog walker came, hurrying to the bathroom whilst he was still in the house by making it look as if he had forgot a leash in another room. The dog food and bowls were moved into his room. He would not, could not move beyond that. He was sure if he did he would die, his dogs would die, or something much worse would happen. His phone had ran out of battery on the first day, and the text he'd sent to Jack about calling off sick was blunt.
As the night drew in again, he was sure he was going to die like this. In this much fear, this paranoid, this miserable. His stomach was growling and his throat was painfully dry from the dehydration, head aching, mind buzzing, entire body ready to power down. And yet he was so jumpy.
Every movement of the wind had him perking up and pointing his gun, ready to shoot anything that moved or came near him. Every noise from the dogs terrified him, every creak of the floorboard or car going past. He was in a living nightmare, and he was rarely entirely sure that he was actually awake. If someone had told him this was hell, he'd have believed them. Easily.
He felt his eyes start to droop but he didn't let them, he tried to make a fuss of his dogs in the hopes that them playing would help keep him up. He tried jogging on the spot but he was ready to collapse as it was. His gun did not leave his hand. He knew what they were doing. They were waiting. They could see him, he could feel it, he could feel their eyes all over him. He knew that they were waiting for the second he was asleep, the second he let his eyes close for too long. And then they would strike.
He didn't know what they'd do to him, but he had a feeling that sunk to the pit of his stomach that it would be much much worse than removing his eyes and killing him. He imagined torture, of him and his dogs, drawn out until he died. He couldn't handle it, he couldn't handle a single thing. He hoped every second that he'd just wake up and it would be over, checking his watch time and time again only to discover that no more than a minute or two had passed.

context: a plot I mainly came up with with an old writing partner of mine, was intended to branch out into a much larger plot I can't currently remember, but the general idea was to explore Will and Hannibal's relationship with Will in a more vulnerable position. My starters are typically longer than my average post, but I can write quite a bit more or quite a bit less than this. This also was in proper paragraphs, I'll have to fix that as I lost it in formatting the post.
note: I am not interested in re-using starters, this is just an example of my writing.

Notes
The format may be slightly broken from me moving between sites.
Last Updated: 4th March 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:
I now have three (and one potential other) partners interested, so I'll now likely only be taking up people for fandoms I'm most interested in writing for
My cravings at the moment are predominantly Hannibal, but I'm also significantly interested in We Happy Few, Valve games (not TF2, as I have someone interested), and potentially one or two others
If you're interested, feel free to reach out if you're interested still, I just will be more likely to turn down ideas or pairings I'm not as interested in at the moment until I find myself more available.