Multiple Accounts, Shared Household, and a new Doo

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense. Not sure why people would come HERE to do ero-rps with minors when im sure there are sites elsewhere that cater to such a fetish

That makes sense. Not sure why people would come HERE to do ero-rps with minors when im sure there are sites elsewhere that cater to such a fetish
Some people grab the first site they can (or use multiples).
Other times for people part of the excitement of "catching" younger members is that it's something not allowed. Gives a sort of "This is risky" danger thrill to things.

Note I'm not trying to defend them at all, the behaviour is rotten and despicable. But it's important to understand why these people do it to begin with if you want to stop it from happening.

Makes it sound like Iwaku staff is trained by the people who were involved in To Catch a Predator! Lol!

Well more power to y'all, im all for enforcing the law to avoid unnecessary trouble for all parties involved. I sure dont want to see Iwaku fall because some old jackass wants to talk dirty to a highschool girl over the "safety" of internet anonymity

I guess one OBVIOUS sign i'm sure the staff looks for is times. If two accounts are logged in at the SAME time, either A the person is really trying hard to cover up the alt account by using 2 devices at the same time. OR its 2 people, sure there's bound to be people out there that do that, so like the IP thing its not all that reliable. However not being an expert thats just one obvious thing they probably look for. Time, IP, various patterns. We human beings develop habits that way may not even realize but others will.

While no one in my house other than me has an account to my knowledge its good to know that the staff aren't trigger happy like staff for some sites can be. 'OMG same IP get the ban hammer out." Seems Iwaku staff are taught to ask questions first, which is a good thing.

I guess one OBVIOUS sign i'm sure the staff looks for is times. If two accounts are logged in at the SAME time, either A the person is really trying hard to cover up the alt account by using 2 devices at the same time.
If they did this often enough this is the conclusion I'd naturally be drawing. :P

This is one of the many reasons I enjoy Iwaku. The rules are fair and easily understood, and the site itself is run in a 'for the people by the people' sort of way... Which means people who care about this place get to help keep it clean and beautiful and safe for everyone. I've been on various different sites and never had a problem myself because I'm the only one in my house into this sort of thing... However my best friend and her brother were both into it for a while and both ended up banned because no one would believe that they were two separate people.... And other sites I have been on didn't give a rat's ass about people trolling from multiple accounts.

Good jobs guys, and keep up the awesome work. We notice your hard work, even if it doesn't seem like it sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh this is a perfect idea. I mean, I already notified Diana back when fishy joined, but yeah this is great.
@disappointedfish

In your CONTACT DETAILS the field is called "Household Members". You no longer have to send an Admin a PM if your sibling, mate, roomie, or cat decides to join Iwaku too. Just add their name in that box, so when staffers investigate a multiple account flag they will know!

This should help ^.^ Then all moderators have to do is check your profile :3

Just to rise a small point of attention. How do you handle situations when two members share the same IP even if they aren't aware of each other ? For example students that share a dormitory building, or members that enter mostly at their workplaces.
Guy in networking class here. Ip addresses for the same network rarely are the exact same. Would cause absolute havoc on said network if it were the case. So students in a dorm building, provided they have their own devices, should be okay. Same for workspace. So the people checking hopefully look at the last decimal chunk(forget technical term, wanting to say hexidecimal but that's IPv6)

Guy in networking class here. Ip addresses for the same network rarely are the exact same. Would cause absolute havoc on said network if it were the case. So students in a dorm building, provided they have their own devices, should be okay. Same for workspace. So the people checking hopefully look at the last decimal chunk(forget technical term, wanting to say hexidecimal but that's IPv6)
NAT / Carrier Grade NAT are unfortunately common anymore.

IPv4 only is still extremely common. I have also heard of some stupid places looking into NAT with ipv6 for "security" rather than just having a good firewall.
{Facepalm} never go with the built in shit. It's first to go on the hacker's cracking list.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I want to ask this. Doesn't the server actually see the external IP of the router, the one connected to the service provider line ? From what I know internally the router arrange for the clients IP and forward the data, most commonly used IP for the clients would be 168.192.1.x and like you said only the last chuck will be different.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I want to ask this. Doesn't the server actually see the external IP of the router, the one connected to the service provider line ? From what I know internally the router arrange for the clients IP and forward the data, most commonly used IP for the clients would be 168.192.1.x and like you said only the last chuck will be different.
Oh fuck that's right! {Facepalm} anyway would correct your addressing. It's 192.168.x.x with the last two being differnt actually.

• Thank You
Reactions: Frey
Status
Not open for further replies.