Multi-Image Signature... without clutter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asuras

When God pulls his gun out, he's not running out.
Original poster
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per week, One post per week
Online Availability
24/7
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-fi
I'm expecting this to be an outright 'no', but I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask.

I've recently decided to update my signature; move things around, change some images, add in some quotes maybe... Midway through I had the idea of making the roleplays I'm GM'ing represented as 100x25px images with links, and began making them. Upon adding them in, previewing, and then submitting (to make sure that what appears in the actual messages I submit looks like what's in the preview!) I was told that I can only have one image per signature, to which I replied

Now I completely understand the reason for this limitation (I remember shaking my fist at users who had signatures with nothing but long lists of images stacked on top of one another), but I couldn't help but feel like an exception could be made. Here's what I wanted to pull off:

As you can see, my images are neatly contained within a single space. No scroll-bar present! So I guess comes my question: is it possible to allow specific users to have multiple images in their signature, so long as they're neatly contained ala the methods used in my intended signature? I'd really love to pursue my original idea. q-q

I'll even purchase an upgraded account if I need to (I plan on doing so regardless, I just forgot to set up a monthly-renewal after switching debit cards)! Dx

SamIO

Neophyte Cybermind
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
Genres
Science Fantasy
The limitation's presence has more to do with page-load and renderer stability than it does with neatness, though Diana Diana likely has a more authoritative answer! :D

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Female
I am afraid that we will not allow exceptions for siggy limitations (even though it is possible!). Even if a beautiful siggy layout, multiple images still causes extra loading time especially on mobile. And if we're gonna have extra load time, we want it to be from content in your post (cause that's what members actually want to see of yours) and not from siggies.

• Useful
Reactions: Asuras

Astoria

Manchurian Imouto
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
DONATING MEMBER
Posting Speed
One post per day, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
I'm online most evenings on a regular basis. If you message me, I'll probably see your PM within a day tops, or you can find me on Discord under Click This#5640 --Just message me if you're from Iwaku so there aren't any misunderstandings!
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
I'm a massive fan of any genre that puts my characters in a fish out of the water scenario. This can be time travel, isekai, or even an epic journey type of story. If it's in an anime style, you've got my full and undivided attention.

I'm generally game with most fantasy genres, although my preference is skewed towards high fantasy and historical fantasy. Also, steampunk. Depending on the type of roleplay, modern and sci-fi roleplays are good with me as well. In terms of settings for historical roleplays, I love seeing stories set in the Roman republic or empire, the age of sail, the Victorian era, WWI, WWII, the Cold War, and the early information era, although I might tend to play fast and loose with some historical accuracy in favor of plots and characters.

Naturally though, if the plot's something glorious, the genre probably won't matter too much.
Can't we do it other sites and simply disable signatures on mobile, or have a signature total filesize limit?

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Female
We could, but we much prefer limiting the amount of images and clutter from siggies!

Gwazi Magnum

Previously Gwazi Magnum
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day, One post per day, 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
This changes too frequently to give anything reliable.
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept
Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Adventure.
Some Alternatives.

Make one linked Image, but have that link lead to a directory of links.
Or take all those smaller images, make them into one larger image and then post hyper links under it to each of the RPs.

Not Optimal compared to your original idea, but it would get the job done with Iwaku's current system.

Status
Not open for further replies.