Mr. Wilson's Home for Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claus didn't really pay attention to the chattering around him. He just hunched his shoulders and gave a small nod at Leone when he indicated which bed he was going to take. Might as well hop right on in, if it weren't for the fact he'd be sleeping with others. Is this what having siblings is like? he thought to himself as he climbed into the bed, remaining at the edge. Hopefully he wouldn't toss and turn much in the night, that tended to happen especially when he had nightmares. Chalk that up with the other stuff that made him uncomfortable sleeping with others. He closed his eyes and tried focusing on the quiet noises that would help lull him to sleep.

Alan
Alan woke up next to Matey and smiled sitting up. Looking around he saw he was the only one who was awake. Slowly he got out of bed making sure not to wake up the other boys and not trip over Leo. He needed to get a shower before they needed to be ready for breakfast. Usually Mr. Wilson would make breakfast which usually consisted of burnt toast, rubbery eggs and sometimes extremely burnt bacon but that was not very common. Grabbing a pair of boxers and leaving the other one for Adam he grabbed a set of clothes and walked to the bathroom.

Charlie had stayed up extremely late. He supposed it was a habit of his; he often did it when his real father went on an early morning shift, or to welcome him home from a night shift. It was a constant reminder that his family were never coming back for him. Because of this, Charlie didn't wake up when Alan did.

Aaron yawned, before sitting up. He had been still as a statue, but he'd been shaken up quite a bit by his dreams. His eyes were bloodshot and unfocused, but other than that, he looked fine. He felt horrible. Looking around, he saw the others still asleep, only Alan was missing. Not surprising really; the other boy liked to hit the showers before everyone else. Aaron honestly couldn't be bothered and decided that, while everyone was asleep, he'd get dressed quickly. He could always shower tonight.

And Aaron was starving. He was often the first to venture downstairs, and today was no exception. He groggily walked down the steps before he reached the kitchen. He couldn't tell if Wilson was in there or if he was in his bedroom, so he lingered outside for a few moments. He was wearing a red long-sleeved shirt and brown pants, as well as black socks.

Matey woke up when the older boys did because they moved the bed and the heat left. He sat up and rubbed his eyes sleepily. Matey had taken a while to go to sleep, but had slept soundly after he had.

The small boy crept out of bed and pulled on his clothes from yesterday. It was laundry day and the rest of his clothes was in the dirty clothes. Besides Matey was used to wearing things more than once in a row.

Matey scampered out of the room and into the bathroom. He dragged the step stool over to the urinal and got up on it. When he was done he put the step stool away, ran his hands under cold water, and scampered downstairs to see if food was ready.

Reactions: andrew21234
Sometimes sleep was peaceful, sometimes it wasn't. This was one of those in between nights, Leone occasionally jerking awake from unknown terrors. He went back to sleep easily enough, and slowly opened his eyes when he heard movement in the room. He stayed silent and motionless, faking sleep until the room was empty except for sleeping people. He swiftly pulled a shirt out of his duffle bag, only changing his shirt and leaving his black sweatpants on.

With everything in order, the older teen grabbed his crutches and carefully stood up, using the wall for support in the process. He made his way to the bathroom and did his business, before carefully making his way down the stairs and entering the kitchen. His gaze travelled over the room, and seeing that wonderful Wilson wasn't in there yet, he made his way over to the kitchen table and took a seat. He nodded in greeting to those in the room, not feeling especially talkative at the moment.

Claus' eyes fluttered for a moment before he gave out a big yawn. Morning already? He was having a pleasant dream for once... Panic began to set in when he noticed there was another body next to him and he gave out a yelp as he accidentally rolled himself onto the floor, hitting it hard. He groaned before some memory of yesterday's events were recalled. ...Right, he was sent here because of his mother's abuse. And it was more than likely that this Mr. Wilson person would end up being just like her. Heaving a sigh, he got up and went over to the closet, pulling his gray hoodie out and donning it on his person. Once that was done, he made his way towards the bathroom, a daily routine, to do his business before heading downstairs.

He tried to tiptoe through the house, wincing when he made a creak and- he did a double take when he looked back down and saw he still had on shoes. And he had them on while in the bed. Whoops. He mentally slapped himself for the error, knowing he most likely kicked someone while asleep with them. He'll apologize for it later. The 16 year old hunched his shoulders as he entered the dining room and saw that someone was there. Oh right, the guy that sort of looked like him. He remained quiet as he sat down, ready for whatever was coming next.

Aaron noticed it was not Alan, like he originally suspected, but in fact Leo, one of the new kids, who went into the kitchen first. The one he'd decide he didn't really like. Still, he didn't start on Aaron, and he didn't see the point in waking Wilson by beginning an argument. He noticed that he sat down. And he was still starving.

Next to join Leo was Claus, who certainly not a big fan of conversation. He moved in after them and made his way to the cupboards. Getting food without permission was not allowed, but Aaron hadn't eaten very much yesterday and he was too impatient to wait. He opened one up. There wasn't much food- the remainder of a loaf of bread and a packet of microwavable pasta- but Aaron decided it would do. He picked up the loaf and took out a piece. "Help yourself, but just don't get caught doing it," he muttered to the two, knowing Wilson believed it to be stealing. It wasn't stealing in Aaron's morals though, so he didn't really care.

Alan
Alan heard a few of the boys come in the bathroom but didn't look and see instead quickly finishing his shower and getting dressed. He assumed that at least some of the boys were on their way or already downstairs and went down the stairs and into the kitchen. Seeing what Aaron was doing he looked behind him and saw Mr. Wilson was still in his room and walking up to him said, "what the heck are you doing? Do you know what happened to me when I did that?" He couldn't believe that Aaron would be so stupid, he knew how things worked in the house and had no excuse to do something stupid. He heard a door start to open and flew over to the breakfast table and quickly sat down away from the door knowing what the door opening meant.

Willy
Willy woke up and saw most of the boys were gone most likely downstairs so he went to join them. Halfway down he saw Mr. Wilson's door open and he froze. The old man scared him and he decided he would head back upstairs and wait a few minutes because sometimes the old man was in a bad mood in the morning...well an even worse mood than he usually was.

Matey

Matey went over and stood near Aaron. He was hungry and hoped the older boy would give him some bread. It was against the rules to eat without permission or even touch the food without permission, but matey was very hungry. Plus he wasn't touching the food yet right?

Matey's eyes widened when he heard the door opened. He knew that meant Mr. Wilson was up. Matey looked up at the older boy to see what he would do. The others, except for Willy, were at the kitchen table now so only he and Aaron stood near the open bread bag. Matey glanced between Mr, Wilson and Aaron not moving at all.

Wow, he looks mad, Aaron thought as Alan came inside. Aaron didn't reply, continuing to eat as fast as he could to lower the chances of getting caught. I know it's stupid, but it doesn't stop me from being hungry, he thought to himself. He was already halfway through the slice and he could try to hide it if Wilson came along. It was just his luck that Wilson would come along too. He heard the door open and tried to shut the cupboard as quietly and quickly as possible, but he knew Wilson had probably already saw. His pinched expression remained as he held the remainder of his food behind his back. "Good morning," he said as normally as possible.

Charlie woke up to realise everyone else had already left. "Oh," he whispered, "I guess I'll have to rush then," he said to himself, throwing on his clothes as quick as he could while still looking presentable. He had always been told that a person was defined by their pride in their appearance, and Charlie wanted to be the best he could be in life, so he sorted out his hair before rushing down for breakfast. He was surprised he had overslept; even though he had had a late night, he still tended to get up early. He rubbed his eyes and managed to get past undetected, slipping into one of the empty seats at the table, an optimistic smile on his face.

@OlympusBlood @Charlie Vasilyev

Claus' eyes flicked to the sound of the door opening, first at Aaron, then at the approaching man. He remained quiet as he looked back down, trying to make himself smaller and hopefully remain invisible. What he heard next officially set the mood for him.

"I saw that, you little brat," Mr. Wilson sneered, marching to Aaron and knocking Matey hard to the side. He quickly grabbed the arm hiding the food behind his back and yanked on it hard. Claus couldn't tell if the food dropped or not. "So, you're stealing food, eh?" He didn't want to look at the face Mr. Wilson had on him. "Don't I give you boys enough to eat?" He shot a glare at the boys at the table, as if waiting for them to answer. He didn't bother waiting for it, however. Claus winced as he began to hear sounds of fists colliding with something, he couldn't tell, for he was still looking away at the sight.

Reactions: andrew21234
Leone just remained silent, turning down the bread with a soft shake of the head. After seeing how Aaron was about rules last night, and assuming that the older teen was successful in getting the guy riled up a bit, he wasn't going to take the risk. With wonderful Wilson and a threat of a beating going on, he wouldn't take very many chances while mobility was an issue. A frown soon formed on his face when trouble arrived for Sarge. When the first punch flew, his cautionary thoughts were thrown to the wind. "Oi, leave him alone, you damn Neanderthal." He spoke in a deeper voice, a cold glare settling on Wilson. He supposed he might as well make his first thought about wonderful Wilson come true. The older teen knew he was in for it.

Aaron did not dare to move. Luckily he didn't have to be. I saw that, you little brat. He felt a sharp tug on his arm, and the food dropped in surprise. You're an idiot, he told himself, Far too slow. He didn't answer any of the questions; no matter what answer he gave, it never seemed to be the right one. So you're stealing food, eh? "No," he said quietly. "I'm sorry. I just didn't want you to have to make breakfast for me when I could do it myself. That's all." The excuse clearly wasn't working. Aaron wanted to run but Wilson's grip on his arm didn't show any evidence of loosening.

Do I not give you boys enough to eat? Charlie sunk into his chair. He didn't comment, much preferring Claus' tactic of staying invisible. Not that it mattered because it wasn't like Wilson wanted an answer really. Charlie looked at the floor and he heard a sound.

Any second now. You deserve it for getting caught, Aaron thought to himself. He used as much willpower not to attempt to dodge. If there was something he had learnt in two years, it was that Wilson was careful with his aim. It would be extremely suspicious for a kid to have a lot of bruises on their face. It was more painful at times, but he'd beat even more if the boys resisted. Aaron felt Wilson's fist hit him in the nose, before his arm was released and he stuttered backwards. His first instinct was to make sure he didn't fall and injure himself further. His second was to check out damage. Blood sat on his upper lip, but Wilson hadn't hit hard enough to break it, which was always a plus.

However, something stopped Wilson in his tracks. Did he seriously? Wait... He had to admire the bravery, especially considering he practically called Wilson a caveman (though he doubted the old geezer would know what one was anyway). The old man turned to stare Leo in the face. Aaron wiped the blood off his face with the back of his hand and gulped silently. Well, if you want to play it like that... Aaron watched as Wilson marched over towards the loud-mouthed new boy.

Matey

Matey fell putting his arm out to try and catch himself. He fell hard and his arm buckled. His head smacked the ground and he rolled away jumping to his feet and scampering out of the way. His wrist and head hurt a lot, but he ignored that as he moved t get out of the way. Matey considered running upstairs, but he decided he wanted to see how this played out. Especially since Leo had just turned Wilson's attention towards himself.

Matey moved and slid under the table sitting up and gripping his wrist tightly. He was no in relative safety, but could watch the event play out.

Leone watched as Aaron took the punch, not moving at all. Matey was clear out of there, and with the attention on him, Sarge was out of hot water for the moment. His sharp blue eyes narrowed on the approaching man, he could feel his heart pounding in his chest, and he saw the fist coming at him. He was quick to block the punch with the palm of his hand, the force of it causing his chair to tip back. He kept his grip on Wilson, his good leg taking on all his weight as he stood up quickly and brought his other arm up to hit the old man's upper arm between the two muscles. Wilson didn't seem to enjoy that all that much, because next thing Leone knew, he was on the ground getting kicked. "Watch your mouth boy." He grunted with the final kick.

But, the satisfying thing for Leo was to see the old guy tenderly rub the spot where his punch landed. The teen would've laughed, but for once common sense had a strong hold on him. As it would seem, wonderful Wilson was a bit worn out from the leg exercise and he slipped back into the cave from whence he came. Slowly but surely, Leone sat up a bit and looked over at Aaron. "You alright Sarge?" He asked, allowing a smaller smirk to appear on his face. Though, it was a bit clear in his voice that he was hurting.

Alan
Alan gasped as Mr. Wilson hit Adam and shoved Matey down. When Matey moved under the table Alan moved so he was close to the boy for two reasons. One was to make sure the boy was okay and two to protect the boy if Mr. Wilson decided to go after him. Matey had done nothing wrong and had just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Leaning down he looked at the boy who was clearly in pain and said, "hey bud you okay?"

When Mr. Wilson turned his attention to Leone Alan frowned once again. Leone and Adam were just causing trouble when it could have easily been avoided. He didn't understand why Adam had to steal the bread and now Matey had to suffer to consequences. He did feel sorry for Adam and Leone since he knew what a beating felt like but they had provoked Mr. Wilson when they really shouldn't have.

Charlie tried to move his attention away from Wilson when he moved from Aaron to Leo. You turn a blind eye when people suffer, he thought sadly when he remembered that his parents put him here because they did the exact opposite. Luckily, it seemed that the beating stopped. He wanted to comfort the two, but he doubted Wilson would like that. He only spoke after he left, "You're in pain," he said to Leo quietly. "Are you bleeding?"

"That's not my name," Aaron said, but he nodded slightly. He's in pain. And he seems to be more cocky than the rest of us. "I'm sorry." Though I would have suffered for my own consequences. It seems Matey is hurt too, just because I'm not fast enough. He then sat down on the floor, his emotionless face returned, as did his monotonic tone, "That's one of the nice punishments." He wiped his face, mostly because tears were beginning to form, and he didn't want to embarrass himself by crying.

"I'm alright. He just got me on a couple bruises." Leone stated easily enough with Charlie's questioning. He lifted his shirt though, just to be sure. No blood, just old bruises and some red that would turn into a bruise given time to do so. Day one, still in one piece. For now at least. His gaze travelled over to Aaron, seeing him sitting on the floor as well. Next his gaze drifted to his crutches, out of his reach. "Charlie, can you hand me those stupid things?" He asked the younger kid, gesturing to the needed but not wanted items.

He slowly stood up, a tough thing for him to do as he didn't have anything to help him up. But, he made it through a minor balancing act and a few muttered curses. So now he was standing a bit awkwardly with his bad leg gently resting on the floor. He let out a soft sigh as heard Aaron's response, as he hadn't seen the nod. "I asked if you were alright. Not for an apology." He stated, his smirk fading away. Alan was taking care of the little kid, which was a relief because Leone wasn't good with kids.

Last edited:
Claus tried to make himself smaller and smaller, after Leone brought Mr. Wilson's attention to him. He squeezed his eyes shut when the man marched over to the area they were in and all he could hear was the sound of fists hitting on flesh. More footsteps, then silence. He waited for a bit before opening his eyes, looking a bit forlorn at Leone. Honestly, he admired his bravery for doing such a thing, he hadn't the courage to do that. At least it wasn't severe this time around? Still... He looked away, thinking about what it would've been like if he were braver.

Charlie nodded, looking quietly at the bruises on his stomach. Then he realised that he was being spoken to. "Oh. Sure!" he smiled, walking over to pick up the crutches and handed them to Leo. He couldn't see how they could be stupid; they did help Leo to walk, after all, but he supposed they'd also be frustrating at times. "Please be careful." Then he frowned. He supposed breakfast would be delayed, and there was a chair that shouldn't have been empty at the table. "Excuse me."

He left the room to look for Willy. Normally the boy was awake, and he clearly remembered him walking down the stairs before him and then coming back up. Whatever had caused him to return upstairs couldn't have possible taking too long. "Willy?" he called out when he reached the top of the stairs.

Aaron nodded a lot clearly this time. "I am fine." Well, not any less fine than I was when I woke up. "I'm sorry," he repeated, quieter this time, more to himself for being slow than to anyone else. He bit his lip to stop himself from crying. His vision blurred.

With Aaron, memories could quickly be awoken by the simplest of things. He wasn't sure why- to be honest, he'd never really told someone or asked them- but it just did. It came in helpful at times, but at others, it wasn't at all. I haven't felt this sad since... he visibly flinched but he just smiled; it was a fake smile, but a smile nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.